Omri Caspi
PJ Tucker
Jodie Meeks
Jose Calderon
Beno Udrich
Marcus Thornton

Chinook
12-22-2016, 02:23 PM
Problem with buyouts is that the Spurs aren't trading away rotation players to get them. If the issue is that Tony and Manu aren't good enough to be lead guards, then bringing in more guards by itself won't help too much. Meeks is probably the best player on that list when healthy (well Williams is, but no), and he'd compete with Simmons for playing time while Manu continue to get guaranteed minutes for mixed-bag play.

DrunkTXLabrat
12-22-2016, 02:46 PM
what is the most exciting thing you ever saw your grandma buy* from a garage sale?

FromWayDowntown
12-22-2016, 03:20 PM
what is the most exciting thing you ever saw your grandma buy* from a garage sale?

Boris Diaw, c. 2012

jermaine
12-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Jose wouldn't be bad!!!

TheRemix
12-22-2016, 03:55 PM
But derons crossover hasn't been good since 2012

MaNu4Tres
12-22-2016, 04:14 PM
Deron Williams
Omri Caspi
PJ Tucker
Jodie Meeks
Jose Calderon
Beno Udrich
Marcus Thornton

I'd take PJ Tucker or Casspi. The rest are redundant and don't add anything. PJ Tucker & Casspi give the Spurs a better option than Anderson.

spursistan
12-22-2016, 04:14 PM

Don't think Spurs will be interested in that case, but Cavs could use him in pushing Raymond buttons again :lol..

daslicer
12-22-2016, 04:16 PM

Don't think Spurs will be interested in that case, but Cavs could use him in pushing Raymond buttons again :lol..

Watch Bogut go back to the Warriors if he gets bought out.

spursistan
12-22-2016, 04:20 PM
Watch Bogut go back to the Warriors if he gets bought out.
He can't according to the rules..(but even then, bridges already burnt)..

apalisoc_9
12-22-2016, 04:21 PM

. Houston could use him to back up capella though. Jazz could use him to back up Gobert. Portland, Boston. Lots of teams can really benefit from signing him.

apalisoc_9
12-22-2016, 04:24 PM
I'd take PJ Tucker or Casspi. The rest are redundant and don't add anything. PJ Tucker & Casspi give the Spurs a better option than Anderson.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing in response to chinook. Both players have been releagted to nothing even after impressive seasons last year.

Caspi can really open things up as a 3 if they decide to play leonard at the 4

Nathan89
12-22-2016, 04:53 PM
PJ Tucker would be a steal. He'd help balance the team to the negative that Pau is going to become vs the Warriors.

SpursIndonesia
12-22-2016, 05:48 PM
. Houston could use him to back up capella though. Jazz could use him to back up Gobert. Portland, Boston. Lots of teams can really benefit from signing him.

Milwaukee might be interested if they can unload Monroe. Will be a nice place to end his career since it was one to begin with.

ceperez
12-22-2016, 06:14 PM
I got a trade for Bogut!!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Powell and Bogut for Aldridge and Murray

Chinook
12-22-2016, 06:20 PM
^ #

Mister Sinister
12-22-2016, 06:57 PM
He can't according to the rules..(but even then, bridges already burnt)..

Didn't they (GSW) already kind of get away with tampering re: Durant?

spursistan
12-22-2016, 07:00 PM

Apparently Bogut didn't want to be there and chose Mavs over Rockets when he got traded by the Warriors last summer, so they are out of it..

Culture, coaching and his agent’s familiarity with the franchise were the primary reasons Andrew Bogut (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2747/andrew-bogut) chose to be traded to the Dallas Mavericks (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/dal/dallas-mavericks) instead of the Houston Rockets (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/hou/houston-rockets).

On the day the Mavs face the Rockets in Bogut’s Dallas home debut, the veteran big man confirmed ESPN.com’s summer report that the Golden State Warriors (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/gs/golden-state-warriors) gave him the option to choose between the two Texas teams when they needed to trade him to create the salary-cap space necessary to sign Kevin Durant (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3202/kevin-durant).

Bogut believed the Mavs were the better fit for him, saying he wanted to go to a team where he might be able to stay long term as he entered his contract year.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4706517/andrew-bogut-explains-why-he-chose-dallas-over-houston

ducks
12-22-2016, 09:20 PM
pj tucker is awesome he is a hustler

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Problem with buyouts is that the Spurs aren't trading away rotation players to get them. If the issue is that Tony and Manu aren't good enough to be lead guards, then bringing in more guards by itself won't help too much. Meeks is probably the best player on that list when healthy (well Williams is, but no), and he'd compete with Simmons for playing time while Manu continue to get guaranteed minutes for mixed-bag play.

If Porker/Manu are injured then Deron would be a better option otherwise Meeks can take Forbes spot.

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2016, 09:44 PM
pj tucker is awesome he is a hustler

Tucker is going to want guaranteed ~20 minutes b/c he's going to be a free agent looking for his last payday. OKC would give him backup minutes over Singler who is the worst rotation player in the league on a playoff team.:lol

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2016, 09:45 PM

So the Celtics aren't even willing to give up a 2nd rd pick?:lol

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2016, 10:21 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing in response to chinook. Both players have been releagted to nothing even after impressive seasons last year.

Tucker is playing major minutes & the cheap ass Suns are probably holding out for 1st rd pick considering the dearth of 3-&-D guys.:lol

Casspi looks like as good as gone, it's up to him to buy himself out b/c the Kings aren't even trying to drive his trade value up.

apalisoc_9
12-22-2016, 10:29 PM
Tucker is playing major minutes & the cheap ass Suns are probably holding out for 1st rd pick considering the dearth of 3-&-D guys.:lol

Casspi looks like as good as gone, it's up to him to buy himself out b/c the Kings aren't even trying to drive his trade value up.

Wow really? I missed have looked at a different stat with Tucker.

DMC
12-23-2016, 01:09 AM
Shuffling this deck isn't going to fix the fact that an ace is missing.

SAGirl
12-23-2016, 05:04 AM
Shuffling this deck isn't going to fix the fact that an ace is missing.
Good point....in a few words.
We have Pointe this out when indicating trading any if the guys at the end of the rotation, the very end, doesn't change the fact that the ones higher up are not good enough. The guys at the end are fine for their roles. And some of them in other teams could be playing more right now. It's probably in your guys 1-8 where you are likely to have dead weight on any given night.

kaji157
12-23-2016, 09:20 AM
If Bogut was released we shoould trade away Aldridgeand add him.

GSH
12-23-2016, 10:07 AM

An old, worn out douchebag.

So there's hope.

DMC
12-23-2016, 11:01 AM

I realize this is just another ignorant ass troll attempt from the 100 alt group, but the Spurs struggle to put points on the board with Bogut. They get better defensively though. He looked better than he was in GS because of his moving screens and having two sharp shooters roaming the perimeter, he was often wide open for the PnR.

Chillen
12-23-2016, 11:02 AM
If Bogut get's bought out he will go to one of Cleveland (they lost Mozgov), Spurs, Bulls, Rockets, or Clippers. As for the Mavs, time to blow it up and rebuild.

BillMc
12-23-2016, 11:03 AM
Hey, you never know. Boris was a pretty good find in 2012.

GSH
12-23-2016, 12:59 PM
If Bogut get's bought out he will go to one of Cleveland (they lost Mozgov), Spurs, Bulls, Rockets, or Clippers. As for the Mavs, time to blow it up and rebuild.

You're a Chicago fan. What are the chances of the Bulls wanting a trade to get Pau back? How about Taj Gibson plus some signed Jordan memorabilia to balance the money? :D

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 02:50 PM
I realize this is just another ignorant ass troll attempt from the 100 alt group, but the Spurs struggle to put points on the board with Bogut. They get better defensively though. He looked better than he was in GS because of his moving screens and having two sharp shooters roaming the perimeter, he was often wide open for the PnR.

Bogut sucks at PnR defense but he can sag & protect the rim rather than being a statue like Pau.

kaji157
12-23-2016, 06:18 PM

Nope, i actually value Aldrdge, but if he is not working out as we expect him, we better move on now, Bogut is a good replacement for this season alone.

alpha_HaZE
12-23-2016, 11:24 PM

I would trade Pau, not LMA

tbdog
12-23-2016, 11:31 PM
Leppo and Forbes are a waste of space this season. Neither will get playoff minutes and I am unsure Pop will trust Bertans either. The question is though, is there any player out there that will beat out Manu, Simmons, Anderson, Lee, Dedmon, and Parker/Mills for rotation minutes? If there isn't, there is no point signing a player and letting go Leppo or Forbes. You just don't do that if you are not going to give playoff minutes to any of your recent signies, like the Miller's last year. Should have just kept Butler.

spurtech09
12-24-2016, 12:27 AM
Watch Bogut go back to the Warriors if he gets bought out.True but Bogut is injury prone.....

TD 21
12-27-2016, 04:34 PM
Candidates: Humphries, Splitter, Foye, Scola, Bogut, Williams, Miller, Varejao, Seraphin, Calderon, Novak, Payne, Meeks, Tucker, Casspi, Thornton.

Bogut, Williams (most likely to stay put, but Cavaliers could interest him) Tucker and Casspi, should be able to fetch something via trade. If they get bought out though, Spurs would probably have most interest in and best chance at Casspi.

You could make the case for another wing shooter or big, but no one in particular jumps out.

MaNu4Tres
12-27-2016, 05:48 PM
Candidates: Humphries, Splitter, Foye, Scola, Bogut, Williams, Miller, Varejao, Seraphin, Calderon, Novak, Payne, Meeks, Tucker, Casspi, Thornton.

Bogut, Williams (most likely to stay put, but Cavaliers could interest him) Tucker and Casspi, should be able to fetch something via trade. If they get bought out though, Spurs would probably have most interest in and best chance at Casspi.

You could make the case for another wing shooter or big, but no one in particular jumps out.

Spurs have to feel more comfortable in the front court than they do at the wing, especially with Manu needing to be coddled. For as solid as Simmons has been lately, when Golden State or Houston goes small, Spurs desperately need another two way wing. PJ Tucker or Casspi can help a lot more than any big that might be on the market.

TD 21
12-27-2016, 06:04 PM
Spurs have to feel more comfortable in the front court than they do at the wing, especially with Manu needing to be coddled. For as solid as Simmons has been lately, when Golden State or Houston goes small, Spurs desperately need another two way wing. PJ Tucker or Casspi can help a lot more than any big that might be on the market.

Agreed. A legit rotation player, that could fill a need, makes more sense than balancing out the roster. In the absence of that though, balancing out the roster (preferably with a young player that they could work with through the summer) wouldn't be a bad idea, especially with a roster spot now open.

ace3g
01-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski Verified account ‏@WojVerticalNBA (https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA) The Charlotte Hornets are waiving guard Aaron Harrison today, league sources told @TheVertical (https://twitter.com/TheVertical).

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/816322424140681216

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2017, 12:05 PM
PJ Tucker, :lol

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2elwbwo.jpg

39.4fg%, 34.2 3P% :lol
"3&D guy" :lol
Putting up 6 & 5 in 27 minutes :lol
.060 WS/48 :lol

He's a worse player than Kyle. That should tell you all you need to know.

sasaint
01-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski Verified account ‏@WojVerticalNBA (https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA) The Charlotte Hornets are waiving guard Aaron Harrison today, league sources told @TheVertical (https://twitter.com/TheVertical).

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/816322424140681216

Another casualty of his own inflated ego. One of these days some of these MacDonalds All-Americans will realize that they would be much better off if they went someplace other than Kentucky and stayed for more than one year.

elemento
01-03-2017, 01:30 PM
PJ Tucker, :lol

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2elwbwo.jpg

39.4fg%, 34.2 3P% :lol
"3&D guy" :lol
Putting up 6 & 5 in 27 minutes :lol
.060 WS/48 :lol

He's a worse player than Kyle. That should tell you all you need to know.

:lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqFCZUPAzqU

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2017, 02:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqFCZUPAzqU
:lmao

I'll never understand Spurstalk and it's love with Suns scrubs

szkorhetz
01-03-2017, 02:22 PM

just a body to run with the Loves, Greens what we seriously lack.

spursistan
01-03-2017, 03:06 PM

GM Kiwistorm 8-man playoff rotation:

Tyson Chandler
Darren Collison
Marvin Williams
Kawhi
Pj Tucker

Omar Casspi
MCW
Deron Williams

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2017, 04:25 PM
GM Kiwistorm 8-man playoff rotation:

Tyson Chandler
Darren Collison
Marvin Williams
Kawhi
Pj Tucker

Omar Casspi
MCW
Deron Williams
:lmao done af

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2017, 04:30 PM
just a body to run with the Loves, Greens what we seriously lack.
:tu

jyra
01-04-2017, 04:11 PM

Chinook
01-04-2017, 04:19 PM
Bring him back into the organization? The Sixers fan on RealGM thought he and Green had the same value last summer.

sasaint
01-04-2017, 04:24 PM

At least he is willing and fairly capable of shooting the 3-ball.

Robz4000
01-04-2017, 04:28 PM
I'd be cool with bringing him on for a couple 10-days. He's a poor man's LDN, but is also 2-3 inches taller.

SAGirl
01-04-2017, 04:31 PM
He's a shooter, Pop always has space for those... though I can't say I watched him.

spursistan
01-04-2017, 04:49 PM

Watch him gets picked up by Rockets/GSW ..Let's hope he stays East, at least..Bulls/Pistons/Cavs could all have plenty of PT for him..

SAGirl
01-04-2017, 04:54 PM

Watch him gets picked up by Rockets/GSW ..Let's hope he stays East, at least..Bulls/Pistons/Cavs could all have plenty of PT for him..
Considering he's waived and his contract was unguaranteed... he definitely needs to go to a situation where he'll play and earn himself another deal.
Too bad Philly is not finding trade partners.. wow :wow

sasaint
01-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Somebody please explain to me why a team waives a player who has averaged 24 mpg for his short career and 18 mpg this season.

spursistan
01-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Considering he's waived and his contract was unguaranteed... he definitely needs to go to a situation where he'll play and earn himself another deal.
Too bad Philly is not finding trade partners.. wow :wow

Yeah, JR.Smith is out until late March..he could best rebuild his value by feeding off Lebron/Love passes all day..

SAGirl
01-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Somebody please explain to me why a team waives a player who has averaged 24 mpg for his short career and 18 mpg this season.
I am not up to speed on things outside the Spurs in general... and even less on Philly... but "the process"... :rolleyes
They need that roster spot for whatever part of the process they are at:

The 25-year-old and Nerlens Noel are the longest-tenured Sixers. Thompson signed with the team as a free agent before the 2013-14 season.
This move was about roster flexibility. The Sixers will soon be in the market for a point guard. It also enabled them to evaluate rookie guard Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot more.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-to-waive-Hollis-Thompson.html
They are basically playing Noel 8 minutes or that was the last I saw of him complaining about him needing to play more. They just haven't found trade partners for these guys. What a wasteful part of the process!

TD 21
01-04-2017, 05:40 PM
They probably shopped him for a 2nd, couldn't get it, then decided they'd do right by him, since he's clearly not in their plans and they want to evaluate younger players.

Though limited, someone who's consistently shot as well as he has from 3, on a team with nothing resembling an offensive focal point until this season, is definitely worth a look.

He probably doesn't make it to the Spurs on the waiver wire, but if he does, it would be a no brainer. They need a viable fifth wing, in case of injury or Simmons looking in over his head in the playoffs.

MaNu4Tres
01-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Sign me up for Hollis. Waive Kyle.

sasaint
01-04-2017, 05:57 PM
I am not up to speed on things outside the Spurs in general... and even less on Philly... but "the process"... :rolleyes
They need that roster spot for whatever part of the process they are at:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-to-waive-Hollis-Thompson.html
They are basically playing Noel 8 minutes or that was the last I saw of him complaining about him needing to play more. They just haven't found trade partners for these guys. What a wasteful part of the process!

Yeah, I prefectly understand Noel's situation, but it isn't like the Sixers have a plethora of wings or outside shooters. So I find this move a bit of a head scratcher.

TimDunkem
01-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Sign me up for Hollis. Waive Kyle.
Won't happen but, damn, do I hope it does.

elemento
01-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Bring him back into the organization? The Sixers fan on RealGM thought he and Green had the same value last summer.

I saw that too. That mod is annoying as fuck. Don't even know how you can keep your cool with that dumbfuck .

SAGirl
01-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I prefectly understand Noel's situation, but it isn't like the Sixers have a plethora of wings or outside shooters. So I find this move a bit of a head scratcher.
Yeah me too but from what I read they want to give time to some rookie guard and want the spot to find a PG. They have guys coming back from injury as well (Henderson) and Hollis wasn't going to play...

What TD21 stated is likely, the guy didn't figure in their plans and wasn't going to play... Basically he helped in the tank and now he's done. They could not even get a 2nd round pick... Philly has put itself in a tough spot.

CGD
01-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Hollis wouldn't clear waiver right?

Kawhitstorm
01-04-2017, 08:30 PM

OKC has first dibs & they would be dumb not to pick him up considering their backup wings are trash.:lol

Chinook
01-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Teams need cap space or TEs to claim him

SpursIndonesia
01-04-2017, 09:49 PM
OKC has first dibs & they would be dumb not to pick him up considering their backup wings are trash.:lol

True, watching Roberson taking jump shot from beyond 20 feet can make your eyes sore, tbh. That guy doesn't even have a decent dribbling skill, a non 3 pt shooting version of Verde, basically.

Kawhitstorm
01-04-2017, 09:57 PM
True, watching Roberson taking jump shot from beyond 20 feet can make your eyes sore, tbh. That guy doesn't even have a decent dribbling skill, a non 3 pt shooting version of Verde, basically.

Singler is worse, he can't do anything on BOTH ends of the floor.:lol

SpursIndonesia
01-04-2017, 11:11 PM
Singler is worse, he can't do anything on BOTH ends of the floor.:lol

Need to fill 1 white USA player per team quota of course. :D

ace3g
01-05-2017, 01:02 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/704288361737908226/dNnfOTNW_bigger.jpg Marc Stein Verified account ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)

Another proven NBA vet who I'm told is nearing a return to the league and will soon be engaging with interested teams: Carl Landry

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine) 6h6 hours ago (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/816795173745111040) With Mario Chalmers also hopeful of making a return to the court in 2017 ... veteran point guard market has the potential to get interesting

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine) 6h6 hours ago (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/816794321391226880) Jarrett Jack last played for Brooklyn almost exactly a year ago and has been working his way back from a knee tear suffered Jan. 3, 2016.

r0drig0lac
01-05-2017, 07:46 PM

NBA = FUCKED

sasaint
01-05-2017, 07:50 PM

Just great. :depressed

spursistan
01-05-2017, 07:50 PM
perfect fit..Cavs when healthy are favorite against Golden State, IMO..

BillMc
01-05-2017, 07:58 PM

NBA = FUCKED

I'm not a cap guy at all. But aren't the Cavs maxed out? Which means unless they have a TE, they need to send equal salary to Atlanta, not just picks. Wonder who the Cavs are shedding? And who at that level would Bud want?

Ice009
01-05-2017, 08:00 PM
You're fucking shitting me. Cleveland gets good trades even though they're way over the tax threshold, Spurs don't do any trades. What are you doing, Bud? How about helping the Spurs out?

MaNu4Tres
01-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Good for the Cavs.

Will be a nice fit around Kyrie and LeBron.

r0drig0lac
01-05-2017, 08:05 PM
I'm not a cap guy at all. But aren't the Cavs maxed out? Which means unless they have a TE, they need to send equal salary to Atlanta, not just picks. Wonder who the Cavs are shedding? And who at that level would Bud want?

Maybe MCRae? Dunleavy?

BillMc
01-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Maybe MCRae? Dunleavy?

ok. Thanks. Not sure this improves the Hawks any. They must be getting picks. or was Korver about to be a FA?

elemento
01-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Maybe MCRae? Dunleavy?

Cedi Osman If I had to guess.

Mr. Body
01-05-2017, 09:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/704288361737908226/dNnfOTNW_bigger.jpg Marc Stein Verified account ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)

Another proven NBA vet who I'm told is nearing a return to the league and will soon be engaging with interested teams: Carl Landry

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine) 6h6 hours ago (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/816795173745111040) With Mario Chalmers also hopeful of making a return to the court in 2017 ... veteran point guard market has the potential to get interesting

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine) 6h6 hours ago (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/816794321391226880) Jarrett Jack last played for Brooklyn almost exactly a year ago and has been working his way back from a knee tear suffered Jan. 3, 2016.

Pop used to love the hell out of Jarrett Jack back in the day.

tmtcsc
01-05-2017, 09:15 PM

I never heard that one.

Mr. Body
01-05-2017, 09:17 PM
I never heard that one.

Well now you have.

tmtcsc
01-05-2017, 09:18 PM
You're fucking shitting me. Cleveland gets good trades even though they're way over the tax threshold, Spurs don't do any trades. What are you doing, Bud? How about helping the Spurs out?

I wouldn't be shocked if Bud never answers a call from RC Buford again. Splitter was damaged goods and the Spurs knew it.

tmtcsc
01-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Well now you have.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/26624260b6b0faaeee1b00339fe9b5f3/tumblr_obmcp4T3o01s56ya3o1_250.gif

ducks
01-05-2017, 10:12 PM
wonder what jr smith will do he could cause issues

Kawhitstorm
01-05-2017, 11:37 PM

Jack was just one of those chuckers who used to kill the Spurs & Pop couldn't say anything but kiss his ass.

GSH
01-05-2017, 11:43 PM

Fucking Chalmers. Gets caught on Rookie Weekend with weed and hookers in the hotel room, while the rest of the rookies are downstairs getting their mandatory lecture about how to stay out of trouble. :lol

Brain surgeon.

BillMc
01-05-2017, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if Bud never answers a call from RC Buford again. Splitter was damaged goods and the Spurs knew it.

Bud and Larry Bird should never take RC's calls again.

Mr. Body
01-05-2017, 11:51 PM
Jack was just one of those chuckers who used to kill the Spurs & Pop couldn't say anything but kiss his ass.

Jack would have been a perfect backup point on a good team but started getting paid as a starter"

MaNu4Tres
01-05-2017, 11:59 PM
This team could use another wing defender.

Rather have PJ Tucker as an option instead of Kyle in a series against HOU or GS tbh.. 5th wing behind Kawhi/Green/Manu/Simmons.

Chinook
01-06-2017, 12:00 AM
I'd rather have Kyle and Tucker if it's coming down to defense. Having a dynamic shooter off the bench would be better.

MaNu4Tres
01-06-2017, 12:07 AM
I'd rather have Kyle and Tucker if it's coming down to defense. Having a dynamic shooter off the bench would be better.

Tucker has been a 35% 3 point shooter for his career. Much better option than Kyle overall. IMO.

I'd rather not have another defensive liability on the floor. Three and D type is what they need and Tucker fits that even though he's on the downside of his career. Casspi fits the shoe too, even though he's not as solid of a defender, but I think he has the athletic versatility and length to be good enough on D. By athletic versatility I'm not saying he's a great athlete, just that he has some mobility and flex ( he's not a stiff like Novak).

Hoops Czar
01-06-2017, 12:17 AM
The buyout watch thread should be renamed the dream big thread.

Chinook
01-06-2017, 12:22 AM
Tucker has been a 35% 3 point shooter for his career. Much better option than Kyle overall. IMO.

I'd rather not have another defensive liability on the floor. Three and D type is what they need and Tucker fits that even though he's on the downside of his career. Casspi fits the shoe too, even though he's not as solid of a defender, but I think he has the athletic versatility and length to be good enough on D. By athletic versatility I'm not saying he's a great athlete, just that he has some mobility and flex ( he's not a stiff like Novak).

Kyle's a better defender than PJ. So if it's coming down to D, I'd rather have him. As I was just saying, for the last spot, I'd much rather have a shooter, preferably at the guard spot. Someone better than Forbes, obviously.

MaNu4Tres
01-06-2017, 12:34 AM
Kyle's a better defender than PJ. So if it's coming down to D, I'd rather have him. As I was just saying, for the last spot, I'd much rather have a shooter, preferably at the guard spot. Someone better than Forbes, obviously.

Stats back up Kyle is the better defender, but PJ is the better overall play since he provides 3&D. Just my opinion.

SAGirl
01-06-2017, 01:15 AM
It is a pointless discussion about Kyle here bc the Spurs have a roster spot and don't need to waive anyone to pick up a FA.

About Forbes, there's absolutely no circumstance under which I would see him in a playoff scenario even with injuries. So far, he looks like a Pop project to replace Mills shooting production if they are unable or unwilling to resign him next season. He's more in danger of getting cut as he's no playing at all and it is really a stretch to consider him a wing. They could pick someone else up for that designated shooter role that Forbes is supposed to be. And still it's unnecessary to waive anyone per se.

apalisoc_9
01-06-2017, 01:18 AM
It is a pointless discussion about Kyle here bc the Spurs have a roster spot and don't need to waive anyone to pick up a FA.

About Forbes, there's absolutely no circumstance under which I would see him in a playoff scenario even with injuries. So far, he looks like a Pop project to replace Mills shooting production if they are unable or unwilling to resign him next season. He's more in danger of getting cut as he's no playing at all and it is really a stretch to consider him a wing. They could pick someone else up for that designated shooter role that Forbes is supposed to be. And still it's unnecessary to waive anyone per se.

Not a pointless discussion since they can only dress 13 players in the post-season.

Kyle could easly be releagated to inactive if a guy like tucker comes in.

SAGirl
01-06-2017, 01:24 AM
Not a pointless discussion since they can only dress 13 players in the post-season.

Kyle could easly be releagated to inactive if a guy like tucker comes in.
I suppose but the same was supposed to happen with K. Martin last season and didn't. Until you get the guy in the team you don't know how he will pan out with Pop...

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Kyle's a better defender than PJ. So if it's coming down to D, I'd rather have him.

Kyle is a better help defender who's laterally challenged & doesn't have the strength to guard 4s on the block but knows how to use his length, Tucker is a better 1-on-1 defender who has just enough lateral speed to check 3s & the strength to defend in the post against 4s.

Chinook
01-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Kyle is a better help defender who's laterally challenged & doesn't have the strength to guard 4s on the block but knows how to use his length, Tucker is a better 1-on-1 defender who has just enough lateral speed to check 3s & the strength to defend in the post against 4s.

Nah, Kyle's a good one-on-one defender as well. There are people who he can't guard, but those guys aren't the ones Tucker would play anyway. And he acquits himself just fine on the block, as he's great at using what he as to defend.

dabom
01-06-2017, 12:47 PM
Fathead is trash 1 on 1 defender. :lol

tbdog
01-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Casspi fits perfectly. We already have the SG rotation set. We have 4 bigs, which is all we need for the playoffs, with 3 players who can play spot minutes at the 4. What we really need is a backup 3, preferably someone who can shoot.

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Nah, Kyle's a good one-on-one defender as well. There are people who he can't guard, but those guys aren't the ones Tucker would play anyway. And he acquits himself just fine on the block, as he's great at using what he as to defend.

Kyle's 1-on-1 defense is mostly reaching around when he gets beat off the dribble & he plays in a disciplined defense where he knows he has help defense mostly in the form of Dedmon which allows him to play angles. If Kyle played on the Nets, he would get exposed.

Kyle trying to guard Durant last season was like watching a baby seal getting clubbed:

AoZk5raOELM

Meanwhile, PJ Tucker:

dD_YUiYfNuE

Chinook
01-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Kyle's 1-on-1 defense is mostly reaching around when he gets beat off the dribble & he plays in a disciplined defense where he knows he has help defense mostly in the form of Dedmon which allows him to play angles. If Kyle played on the Nets, he would get exposed.

Kyle trying to guard Durant last season was like watching a baby seal getting clubbed:

AoZk5raOELM

Meanwhile, PJ Tucker:

dD_YUiYfNuE

One of these days, you'll realize that highlight videos (especially biased ones like in this case) aren't great evidence for trends.

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 02:32 PM
One of these days, you'll realize that highlight videos (especially biased ones like in this case) aren't great evidence for trends.

I'm sorry I couldn't find an upload of the ENTIRE game so had to settle for highlights.:rolleyes
Meanwhile, I'll depend on DRPM to tell me Kyle/Simmons are elite defenders & Kawhi is a negative since on/off says so.:wakeup

Chinook
01-06-2017, 03:19 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't find an upload of the ENTIRE game so had to settle for highlights.:rolleyes
Meanwhile, I'll depend on DRPM to tell me Kyle/Simmons are elite defenders & Kawhi is a negative since on/off says so.:wakeup

That's much better than using Durant highlights on one side and Tucker highlights on the other. That'll almost certainly be 100-percent biased. I don't know if there's a stat that'll put Tucker above Kyle, though.

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 03:58 PM
That's much better than using Durant highlights on one side and Tucker highlights on the other.

Why would I highlight something pretty ordinary as Kyle scoring 7 pts in a blowout or Durant scoring 23 points on 21 shots in a tight game?

Chinook
01-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Why would I highlight something pretty ordinary as Kyle scoring 7 pts in a blowout or Durant scoring 23 points on 21 shots in a tight game?

Because, if you show Durant highlights, you'll exclusively see KD's successes. If you show Tucker highlights against KD, you'll see only KD failures.

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Because, if you show Durant highlights, you'll exclusively see KD's successes. If you show Tucker highlights against KD, you'll see only KD failures.

Dominos unable to score 1-on-1 against Tucker so had to use picks to force switches::lmao

4dCkPjghUeI

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 04:20 PM
There are people who he can't guard, but those guys aren't the ones Tucker would play anyway.

1OtTyWqptcg

Chinook
01-06-2017, 04:25 PM

Dominos unable to score 1-on-1 against Tucker so had to use picks to force switches::lmao

4dCkPjghUeI

I dunno. Those vids seem pretty clear that Durant is having his way with the whole team. In that highlight of Durant against Anderson, he scored three times on Kyle and got a lot of switches.

Chinook
01-06-2017, 04:27 PM
[tweet809079373861179392[/tweet]

1OtTyWqptcg

So the Spurs are going to play the Knicks in the Finals again? The guys I'm talking about are PGs and fast SGs. Those aren't for either Anderson or Tucker. I'd be happy bringing in a guard-defender for that purpose. But not another forward.

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Imagine Kyle bringing "Dat Nasty"::lmao

eEdcEMe8w_s

Chinook
01-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Imagine Kyle bringing "Dat Nasty"::lmao

eEdcEMe8w_s

Why worry about Kyle doing that then they've already got Bertans?

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Why worry about Kyle doing that then they've already got Bertans?

Bertans is getting DNPs in garbage time so he's a lost cause as far as the postseason.:wakeup

Chinook
01-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Bertans is getting DNPs in garbage time so he's a lost cause as far as the postseason.:wakeup

But he can punch people when he's in a suit.

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 04:43 PM
I dunno. Those vids seem pretty clear that Durant is having his way with the whole team. In that highlight of Durant against Anderson, he scored three times on Kyle and got a lot of switches.

Dominos barely used any picks when Kyle was guarding him while he did the opposite against Tucker. He also doesn't want any part of Tucker in the post.

LoL at Dominos scoring only 3 buckets against Kyle when it was more than half his buckets including a couple of possessions where Kyle lost him when he was supposed to trail.:lol

Chinook
01-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Dominos barely used any picks when Kyle was guarding him while he did the opposite against Tucker. He also doesn't want any part of Tucker in the post.

LoL at Dominos scoring only 3 buckets against Kyle when it was more than half his buckets including a couple of possessions where Kyle lost him when he was supposed to trail.:lol

Four times. And the Spurs were switching everything, not trailing. KD iso'd once and posted up once.

SAGirl
01-06-2017, 05:18 PM
:wakeup
Man pointless discussion about a guy who's unlikely to get cut, traded maybe, but cut is just unnecessary, and another guy who is very unlikely to be a Spur...
One problem in signing someone bought out is that those guys want a chance at playing time and at least some role. If his best chance is to be a 11-12th guy why would he join this team? In fact Martin had a much more clear path to playing time as a designated shooter and got ALOT of opportunities to earn it and didn't. Unless you were discussing Tucker (or someone else) vs Simmons, how does that even help the Spurs or makes it worth it for Tucker? He's better off staying put in Phoenix frankly...

ace3g
01-06-2017, 05:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/806290290336206848/Gtlm1BJh_bigger.jpg Chris Mannix Verified account ‏@ChrisMannixYS (https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS)

Former Celtics first round pick R.J. Hunter has been acquired by the D-League's Long Island Nets, per team.

tbdog
01-07-2017, 02:23 PM
I have this warm feeling that Splitter could be back, considering Hawks going on a fire sale. They will buy him out. He is unrestricted next year. He should be back playing in February. I can't imagine any other team besting us. Teams can't even promise him minutes as he will be on heavy minute restrictions upon returning.

ECOV
01-07-2017, 02:33 PM
I have this warm feeling that Splitter could be back, considering Hawks going on a fire sale. They will buy him out. He is unrestricted next year. He should be back playing in February. I can't imagine any other team besting us. Teams can't even promise him minutes as he will be on heavy minute restrictions upon returning. i wouldnt mind him coming back if he doesnt get hurt of course.

Ice009
01-07-2017, 08:23 PM
i wouldnt mind him coming back if he doesnt get hurt of course.

I'm not sure I'd even want to waste a roster spot on him due to all his injury issues.

Robz4000
01-07-2017, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure I'd even want to waste a roster spot on him due to all his injury issues.

It's a low risk, high reward signing tbh. You're not gonna get anyone better for that spot and if someone else gets bought out the Spurs can always dump Forbes.

100%duncan
01-07-2017, 08:55 PM
It's a low risk, high reward signing tbh. You're not gonna get anyone better for that spot and if someone else gets bought out the Spurs can always dump Forbes.

I understand that a 4 big men rotation is scary when a guy gets injured but you are adding probably the most injury prone spur ever as the 5th? :lol

Robz4000
01-07-2017, 09:01 PM
I understand that a 4 big men rotation is scary when a guy gets injured but you are adding probably the most injury prone spur ever as the 5th? :lol

If he's healthy he's a huge game changer against the Dubs/Cavs/Clips tbh. It's worth it, especially if there's no one else worth the spot.

sasaint
01-07-2017, 09:05 PM

Splitter would prolly injure himself getting off the plane in SA.

100%duncan
01-07-2017, 09:14 PM
If he's healthy he's a huge game changer against the Dubs/Cavs/Clips tbh. It's worth it, especially if there's no one else worth the spot.

Yea but by that logic you are essentially expecting him to be impactful against the elites and as good as he was in 2014, his health has failed us more often than not.

Robz4000
01-07-2017, 09:17 PM
Yea but by that logic you are essentially expecting him to be impactful against the elites and as good as he was in 2014, his health has failed us more often than not.

He'd be the fifth big. If he performs well great, if not they have the same big rotation they have now.

100%duncan
01-07-2017, 09:21 PM
He'd be the fifth big. If he performs well great, if not they have the same big rotation they have now.

Fair enough but I think a wing is more important

Kawhi lma parker gasol dg mills manu simmons kyle murray lee dedmon

Thats already 12 guys, really depends on one's trust on simmons in the playoffs

Edit 13th is bertans who is playing the 4

Robz4000
01-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Fair enough but I think a wing is more important

Kawhi lma parker gasol dg mills manu simmons kyle murray lee dedmon

Thats already 12 guys, really depends on one's trust on simmons in the playoffs

Edit 13th is bertans who is playing the 4

If a wing worth a damn is bought out then they drop Forbes. At this point everything is speculation since no one has been bought out obviously, but if Splitter is indeed let go he'd be the most impactful pick up they could get if he's healthy and would be extremely important if Gasol does indeed become a liability in the postseason.

Robz4000
01-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Spurs need a penetrator more than anything, but I don't see any good ones being bought out and I don't think the Spurs have any spare pieces that would be enough to swing a trade for one. The lack of one for when Tony/Manu struggle and the PnR defense will be this team's achilles heel come playoff time.

100%duncan
01-07-2017, 10:38 PM
If a wing worth a damn is bought out then they drop Forbes. At this point everything is speculation since no one has been bought out obviously, but if Splitter is indeed let go he'd be the most impactful pick up they could get if he's healthy and would be extremely important if Gasol does indeed become a liability in the postseason.
You are only allowed 13 players in the playoffs

Robz4000
01-07-2017, 10:42 PM
You are only allowed 13 players in the playoffs

Allowed to dress 13.

100%duncan
01-07-2017, 10:44 PM
Allowed to dress 13.
Inactivity can change per game now? If it is, I forgot :lol

spursistan
01-09-2017, 02:54 PM

Please do it..

spursistan
01-09-2017, 03:45 PM

Chinook
01-09-2017, 03:53 PM
People are overrating the Korver trade, I think. It's sort of weird that Atlanta had to eat salary for that pick, but they should be fine with Dunlevy staying on.

elemento
01-09-2017, 04:05 PM
I think people bitched more about it because ATL is helping CLE (who's pretty much owning the East alone). The value itself is not bad for an expiring old Korver.

Chinook
01-09-2017, 04:10 PM
I will say, Bud's a real dude if he's holding onto Dunlevy just to screw over GS.

spursistan
01-09-2017, 06:13 PM
I will say, Bud's a real dude if he's holding onto Dunlevy just to screw over GS.
Yeah because a washed Dunleavy was moving the needle for GS..I mean if (GM) Lebron discards a shooter, it's pretty much curtains for said player..

Kawhitstorm
01-09-2017, 07:09 PM
Yeah because a washed Dunleavy was moving the needle for GS..I mean if (GM) Lebron discards a shooter, it's pretty much curtains for said player..

Dude is TOSB Shane Battier status.:lol

Spurs9
01-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Never thought I'd say it but I'd rather have a healthy Splitter over Gasol tbqh

cd98
01-09-2017, 07:42 PM

Yea, but no matter how close to washed up he is, why give GS another shooter when GS is otherwise handcuffed to D League players bc of the cap?

Trueblood
01-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Spurs need a penetrator more than anything, but I don't see any good ones being bought out and I don't think the Spurs have any spare pieces that would be enough to swing a trade for one. The lack of one for when Tony/Manu struggle and the PnR defense will be this team's achilles heel come playoff time.

This

We would need to find a sweet deal in trade because I don't see one in the buyout market either. Pau could attract some attention, but with the player option on his contract everyone knows he's a rental. I can't think of any driving PG on expiring contracts but I did read somewhere that Rubio might be on the market. T wolves could use a veteran presence and Rubio could keep defenders honest with that second unit. It would also let us start Dedmon but we'd need to pick up a serviceable big in the buyout market...

Ice009
01-09-2017, 10:46 PM
Never thought I'd say it but I'd rather have a healthy Splitter over Gasol tbqh

I'd take a healthy Splitter 100/100 times on the defensive end, but on offence, Gasol is much better than Splitter. Gasol can space the floor. Splitter can't.

Anyway, I'll never trust Splitter after he was injured yet again during 2015 and left Tim all alone to go against the Clippers' bigs in the playoffs. Spurs could have won the Championship that year if he, and to a lesser extent TP were healthy.

spurtech09
01-09-2017, 10:49 PM
I'd take a healthy Splitter 100/100 times on the defensive end, but on offense, Gasol is much better than Splitter. Gasol can space the floor. Splitter can't.
Gasol can hit 3's and make Jumpers.....Splitter can't.....No doubt Splitter is a better defender.....

Chinook
01-10-2017, 01:10 AM
Splitter was like Lee and Dedmon combined. I'd definitely take Prime Tiago over Gasol. It would lower the Spurs' ceiling, but it would raise their floor to where teams like LAC and HOU wouldn't have a realistic shot at knocking them out of the playoffs.

Kawhitstorm
01-10-2017, 01:23 AM
Splitter was like Lee and Dedmon combined.

Except when it came to finishing through contact or posting up.:lol

r0drig0lac
01-10-2017, 01:20 PM
Splitter was like Lee and Dedmon combined. I'd definitely take Prime Tiago over Gasol. It would lower the Spurs' ceiling, but it would raise their floor to where teams like LAC and HOU wouldn't have a realistic shot at knocking them out of the playoffs.

nah

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-10-2017, 03:38 PM
I'd take a healthy Splitter 100/100 times on the defensive end, but on offence, Gasol is much better than Splitter. Gasol can space the floor. Splitter can't.

Anyway, I'll never trust Splitter after he was injured yet again during 2015 and left Tim all alone to go against the Clippers' bigs in the playoffs. Spurs could have won the Championship that year if he, and to a lesser extent TP were healthy.

This. Splitter could never be relied upon to stay healthy. In fact, you could just count on him being hurt, and just be happily surprised if he wasn't. A healthy Splitter would be a top 5 center in the league by today's standards, but sadly we'll never see that.

CGD
01-10-2017, 03:42 PM
Anthony Bennett was waived

look_at_g_shred
01-10-2017, 03:54 PM
I miss healthy Splitter guys :depressed

Chinook
01-10-2017, 04:03 PM
I miss healthy Splitter guys :depressed

We all should. It's a damned shame how people are retroactively downgrading him nowadays.

BillMc
01-10-2017, 04:09 PM
We all should. It's a damned shame how people are retroactively downgrading him nowadays.
Sadly,even in his prime, he was greatly underappreciated by the media (Stephen A Smith, anyone) and ST as well. Some of that was the frequent injuries of course. But he was the second best center (behind D-Rob) Timmy ever played with. (Of course, Timmy was the center with LMA)

look_at_g_shred
01-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Sadly,even in his prime, he was greatly underappreciated by the media (Stephen A Smith, anyone) and ST as well. Some of that was the frequent injuries of course. But he was the second best center (behind D-Rob) Timmy ever played with. (Of course, Timmy was the center with LMA)
This!

ECOV
01-10-2017, 04:33 PM
Hawks are wanting to trade Tim Hardaway Jr for 2nd Rd picks

apalisoc_9
01-10-2017, 04:38 PM

Wtf? Hardaway has been balling for them and they only want a second rounder?

Chinook
01-10-2017, 04:53 PM
The bigger thing is that they traded the 15th-overall pick for him and a couple of seconds. Bud's drafting is ... interesting to say the least.

ECOV
01-10-2017, 05:37 PM

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/01/10/report-hawks-shopping-tim-hardaway-jr-for-second-round-picks/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

don't know how legit it is but....

ace3g
01-12-2017, 05:51 PM
David Pick ‏@IAmDPick (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick) 24m24 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/819672025832783873) Source: Anthony Bennett has signed in Turkey, ties to GM of Canada national-team, Maurizio Gherardini, connect him to Fenerbahce.

David Pick ‏@IAmDPick (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick) 7m7 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/819676089383579648) Former No. 1 draft pick Anthony Bennett has signed with Euroleague power-club Fenerbahce, according to source.

David Pick ‏@IAmDPick (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/819676839081897988) Fenerbahce is set to announce scoring deal with Anthony Bennett as soon as tomorrow, source said.

cd98
01-12-2017, 06:30 PM
David Pick ‏@IAmDPick (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick) 24m24 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/819672025832783873) Source: Anthony Bennett has signed in Turkey, ties to GM of Canada national-team, Maurizio Gherardini, connect him to Fenerbahce.

David Pick ‏@IAmDPick (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick) 7m7 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/819676089383579648) Former No. 1 draft pick Anthony Bennett has signed with Euroleague power-club Fenerbahce, according to source.

David Pick ‏@IAmDPick (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/819676839081897988) Fenerbahce is set to announce scoring deal with Anthony Bennett as soon as tomorrow, source said. I'm bracing for David Pick's eventual text in the next few months that Fenerbahce is waiving Anthony Bennett.

MaNu4Tres
01-12-2017, 07:42 PM

It's the only thing they can fetch because of market dynamics.

He's due for a raise between 8-12 million per season, considering the contracts Tyler Johnson and Crabbe received. Only dumb teams, or maybe none, would trade a 1st round pick for a 2 month rental and potentially lose him ( or be forced to pay him 8-12 million per).

Why would a team trade a 1st and give up that much value in a roster spot ( prospect + cheap/valuable 4-5 yr contract) for 2 months of Tim Hardaway?

If Hardaway had another year on his current deal, or even two more years after this year for 3-4 million per, he'd fetch a 1st because of market dynamics.

Market dynamics and market value have a lot to do with trades -- its not just talent teams trade for in a vacuum. The talent has to match the market dynamics. IE: If market dynamics surrounding a player is a terrible proposition, then value goes down and vice versa.

Seventyniner
01-12-2017, 08:25 PM

Too bad they didn't do that two weeks ago.

ace3g
01-14-2017, 08:15 PM
Spurs family tree

ESPN sources say the Hawks worked out Gary Neal this week and are strongly leaning toward signing the veteran shooter to a 10-day contract.

spursistan
01-20-2017, 04:34 PM
The Clippers have offered a future second-round pick for Suns forward P.J. Tucker -- who is said to have a not-so-secret admirer in Doc Rivers -- but sources say Phoenix is holding out for a first-rounder in exchange for the rugged defensive specialist.
Tucker and out-of-favor guard Brandon Knight (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6448/brandon-knight) are widely regarded as the most "gettable" Suns. Coach Earl Watson announced this week that veteran center Tyson Chandler (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/984/tyson-chandler) is "not going anywhere."

Suns want a first round pick for Tucker :lmao

http://www.espn.com.au/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4914/bulls-eyeing-bosh-miami-moving-dragic-heres-the-latest-buzz

cd98
01-20-2017, 04:43 PM
Sadly,even in his prime, he was greatly underappreciated by the media (Stephen A Smith, anyone) and ST as well. Some of that was the frequent injuries of course. But he was the second best center (behind D-Rob) Timmy ever played with. (Of course, Timmy was the center with LMA) Agreed. His offense was fair to malign, but his ability to guard pick and rolls and be the roll man on offense were high level and part of the 2014 success.

GSH
01-20-2017, 07:00 PM
This. Splitter could never be relied upon to stay healthy. In fact, you could just count on him being hurt, and just be happily surprised if he wasn't. A healthy Splitter would be a top 5 center in the league by today's standards, but sadly we'll never see that.

Ed Helicopter Jones. There's a name I don't see here often enough anymore. You just lurk these days?

Chinook
02-20-2017, 12:00 AM
Can't see Evans finishing the season with SAC. I'd put him on the list of buyout guys. Would probably go to Cleveland, but he seems to check most of the boxes people want.

RodNIc91
02-20-2017, 01:11 AM
Can't see Evans finishing the season with SAC. I'd put him on the list of buyout guys. Would probably go to Cleveland, but he seems to check most of the boxes people want.

Why do you think he is going to be bought out? I've wanted him with the Spurs for years.

HarlemHeat37
02-20-2017, 01:30 AM
Not sure how I feel about Evans..this isn't similar to Butler/Granger/Martin, where they were clearly washed up, yet half the forum desperately wanted them..Evans isn't at that point, yet, he still has some left in the tank..however, I don't see how he fits with the Spurs, considering he's extremely ball-dominant and can't shoot..

CGD
02-20-2017, 07:30 AM
Would be clear waiver though? Wouldn't the Spurs need that to happen?

Chinook
02-20-2017, 08:33 AM
Would be clear waiver though? Wouldn't the Spurs need that to happen?

He might not clear waivers. But if he doesn't it'll only be so a team under the floor can get some free money. They'd waive him again almost immediately.

Chinook
02-20-2017, 08:34 AM
Why do you think he is going to be bought out? I've wanted him with the Spurs for years.

It's been reported that it's likely to happen. My guess is that they don't want him and he doesn't want to be there.

CGD
02-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Evans would be great as the creating guard we've been wanting. Have wanted him in the past, notwithstanding his dubious shot/shot selection.

GSH
02-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Spurs All-Star forward Kawhi Leonard doesn’t believe the Spurs should make a move before Thursday’s NBA trade deadline. “I think we’re doing good right now,” Leonard said. “It’s all about team chemistry. You’ve always got to figure out the best way for you and your team, but I think we’re doing a good right now.”

gambit1990
02-20-2017, 11:47 AM
signing someone who has been bought out won't help that much as long as tony continues to play as many minutes as he does.

spursistan
02-20-2017, 12:44 PM

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 12:45 PM

Waive forbes now!

Barnes is perfect specially if one of manu or green is stnking up the place

Chinook
02-20-2017, 12:50 PM
I like Barnes quite a bit, actually. I think he'd be a perfect fourth or fifth wing to give the Spurs the versatility they need to match-up with GS' small-ball.

dabom
02-20-2017, 12:51 PM
I'd take matt barnes.

mo7888
02-20-2017, 01:37 PM
I'd really like Barnes on this team this year. I hope we can make that happen.

Splits
02-20-2017, 01:44 PM

Oh God. Please don't do it Dubs, please.

HarlemHeat37
02-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Hopefully he doesn't go to Golden State or Houston(they desperately need a Corey Brewer uprade)..

Wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Memphis(if he's eligible)..

Chinook
02-20-2017, 02:06 PM
Hopefully he doesn't go to Golden State or Houston(they desperately need a Corey Brewer uprade)..

Wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Memphis(if he's eligible)..

He's eligible he wasn't waived or trade by the Grizz, so there's no restriction.

MaNu4Tres
02-20-2017, 02:06 PM
I like Barnes quite a bit, actually. I think he'd be a perfect fourth or fifth wing to give the Spurs the versatility they need to match-up with GS' small-ball.

No way Pop signs Barnes after Barnes was fucking Pops Grandsons ex immediately after the grandson got a divorce.

HarlemHeat37
02-20-2017, 02:07 PM
He's eligible he wasn't waived or trade by the Grizz, so there's no restriction.

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure..

Hopefully he doesn't prioritize staying in California or he's probably going to GS..

Floyd Pacquiao
02-20-2017, 02:15 PM
No way Pop signs Barnes after Barnes was fucking Pops Grandsons ex immediately after the grandson got a divorce.

Hol up hol up hol up, let me get this straight. Pops grandson ex was getting fucked by Matt Barnes? Man the NBA community is small

MaNu4Tres
02-20-2017, 02:18 PM
Hol up hol up hol up, let me get this straight. Pops grandson ex was getting fucked by Matt Barnes? Man the NBA community is small

http://www.vibe.com/2011/11/couple-alert-eva-longoria-scoops-up-matt-barnes-from-lax/

DAF86
02-20-2017, 02:21 PM
I guess Barnes could be decent. He's such a shitty 3 pt shooter though.

RD2191
02-20-2017, 02:22 PM
http://www.vibe.com/2011/11/couple-alert-eva-longoria-scoops-up-matt-barnes-from-lax/

2011:lol

timtonymanu
02-20-2017, 02:25 PM
He's going to Golden State imo.

Floyd Pacquiao
02-20-2017, 02:29 PM

Floyd Pacquiao
02-20-2017, 02:30 PM

:rollin

SupremeGuy
02-20-2017, 02:34 PM
http://www.vibe.com/2011/11/couple-alert-eva-longoria-scoops-up-matt-barnes-from-lax/:lol

CGD
02-20-2017, 02:35 PM
On to Memphis

gambit1990
02-20-2017, 02:36 PM
i'll take barnes over forbes. would rather try trading for wilson chandler though.

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 02:55 PM

Should have know it was that slut eva.

dabom
02-20-2017, 02:58 PM

cd98
02-20-2017, 03:00 PM

Now we'll know if Parker is gangsta enough to go pick a fight with Barnes.

Darius Bieber
02-20-2017, 03:29 PM
Yeah, Barnes ain't coming here. He's going to the Warriors. He wouldn't want to go to a non-contender.

gambit1990
02-20-2017, 03:41 PM
barnes was on the warriors team that knocked off the mavs. that was a fun series.

bklynspursfan
02-20-2017, 03:44 PM

Yet he was going to try and Kill Fisher for something like that haha

DPG21920
02-20-2017, 03:50 PM
Hard no to Barnes. Skill set he's a great fit. But he's not someone I want around a locker room with winning aspirations. He will let you down and Kawhi / Murray are still young.

Emperor
02-20-2017, 03:57 PM
He went 15pts/14rebs against GSW just recently. He could f*ck whoever he wants just bring him aboard.

GSH
02-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Vlade Divac: It was time for a change and I decided this was the best direction for the organization, said Divac. “Winning begins with culture and character matters. With the upcoming draft class set to be one of the strongest in a decade, this trade will allow us to build the depth needed for a talented and developing roster moving forward. We thank DeMarcus for his contributions and wish him all the best in New Orleans.

"Character matters... but we thank DeMarcus for his contributions". One of these things is not like the other. :lmao

MaNu4Tres
02-20-2017, 06:05 PM

My uncle went to college with her at A&M Kingsville. Slut puts it nicely (supposedly)...tbh..

skulls138
02-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Unclassy and unprofessional for Divac to get in one more kick before trading Cousins, even if he was as cancerous as they say. RC would never do that.

CGD
02-20-2017, 07:11 PM
^ except he's absolutely right

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 07:36 PM
Matt Barnes and Washington is perfect for one another. Washington needs a reliable wing off the bench that can somehow give about 80% of what porter gives them.

Won't be surprised if Washington has already made a call..

GSH
02-20-2017, 08:27 PM
My uncle went to college with her at A&M Kingsville. Slut puts it nicely (supposedly)...tbh..

The Definition of a "Slut":

A girl who will sleep with anyone... except you.

RD2191
02-20-2017, 08:44 PM

:lmao too true

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 08:49 PM

I've always considered "slut" an easy target...there's definitly a bigger term for it...

Ice009
02-20-2017, 09:10 PM

It's an interesting term as a lot of the time it does come down to what you just said, but also what you said isn't always the case. Maybe they/we need to come up with a different word or two to differentiate between the two.

HarlemHeat37
02-20-2017, 09:25 PM
dZJg3EhBHLA

DPG21920
02-20-2017, 09:33 PM
:lmao We have a hell of a Center on our team too. Nope

I do not want Barnes next to Kawhi at all.

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 09:36 PM
dZJg3EhBHLA

Cut forbes now!

Proxy
02-20-2017, 09:36 PM
Sjax redux

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 09:37 PM
:lmao We have a hell of a Center on our team too. Nope

I do not want Barnes next to Kawhi at all.

Why?

Barnes and Kawhi reportadly workout together every year. Doesn't look like he influenced him negatively at all.

If anything, Kawhi needs a teamate that reinforces his Greatness...Barnes is that guy.

dabom
02-20-2017, 09:38 PM
Cut forbes now!

Dudeshouldneverhavebeenontheteam. :lol

SpurPadre
I know Barnes fulfills the old man fetish PATFO and Spursfan have...but come on now!

CGD
I wouldn't mind Barnes. Adds a smart, tough player that's not gonna shrink in the moment

HarlemHeat37
02-20-2017, 09:40 PM
I don't think the Spurs would ever actually sign Barnes(although IIRC, he's never been a locker room problem and other players love having him as a teammate):lol just jokes..

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Imgine all the lockeroom Jokes with Barnes around..

"Hey, Tony Karma is a bitch" :lol

CGD
02-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Come on SAC, waive Evans

GSH
02-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Imgine all the lockeroom Jokes with Barnes around..

"Hey, Tony Karma is a bitch" :lol

Seriously? Do you people really think Tony cares who Eva was banging after he was done with her? That's like not wanting someone to drink out of your glass after you did. Who cares?

I've seen pictures of that broad with no makeup. I understand that people aren't at their best first thing in the morning... but dayum. If I were Tony, I couldn't look at Matt Barnes without laughing. If there was going to be a locker room problem, that would be it.

CGD
02-22-2017, 07:40 PM
Gotta add splitter to this I guess

ace3g
02-22-2017, 08:34 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski (https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA) (https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA) @WojVerticalNBA (https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA)

The Brooklyn Nets plan to waive Marcus Thornton, league sources tell @TheVertical (https://twitter.com/TheVertical/). Thornton was part of trade with Washington today.

apalisoc_9
02-22-2017, 08:44 PM
If thornton wasnt a lazy fat POS id waive forbes for him... :lol

8FOR!3
02-22-2017, 09:19 PM
Wouldn't be mad about Matt Barnes being on the team, I'm not a huge fan but he adds a little toughness to the locker room we haven't had since Stak left.

TheDoctor
02-22-2017, 10:02 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Kfj0zW18EASas/giphy.gif

Get his agent on the phone RC, we need that nasty for the Playoffs.

DPG21920
02-22-2017, 10:04 PM
Unfortunately I have not heard Jack Squat on Tyreke being bought out. If Collison and/or Mclemore aren't moved maybe that increases the chances some.

Ice009
02-23-2017, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I actually like Matt Barnes. I wouldn't have minded him on the roster at all over the past 4 years.

kaji157
02-23-2017, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I actually like Matt Barnes. I wouldn't have minded him on the roster at all over the past 4 years.

Me neither.

sasaint
02-23-2017, 11:56 AM

Agree, but I am not sure we need him now. We need backcourt help more at this point.

sasaint
02-23-2017, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately I have not heard Jack Squat on Tyreke being bought out. If Collison and/or Mclemore aren't moved maybe that increases the chances some.

In the absence of a further trade, I'd expect one of their other SGs to get the heave-ho.

spurraider21
02-23-2017, 12:56 PM
dont know that thornton helps us. tyreke would be a good fit provided he is healthy enough to run 20 min per game. at least tyreke can run an offense and create.. thornton is just a bigger microwave and isn't even a great 3 point shooter

i did read the sacto wants to make mcelmore a stretch 4 :lol... should be appealing to Pop as the new michael finley, GOAT PF in spurs history

Russ
02-23-2017, 01:05 PM
I could see Bogut coming if a buyout (by Spurs-friendly Philly) happens.

spurraider21
02-23-2017, 01:12 PM
why would the spurs want bogut if dedmon already fills that role, though? is another center really our big need right now?

Seventyniner
02-23-2017, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't want Thornton. Would only be a bit better than Kevin Martin last season.

apalisoc_9
02-23-2017, 01:45 PM
The spurs have enough frontcourt players. Its the least of their concern...

Probably just waiting for a buyout SG.

gambit1990
02-23-2017, 01:51 PM
why would the spurs want bogut if dedmon already fills that role, though? is another center really our big need right now?
he'd be great insurance if dedmon got hurt.

Russ
02-23-2017, 01:53 PM
he'd be great insurance if dedmon got hurt.

Those are words I never thought I'd hear.

gambit1990
02-23-2017, 01:57 PM
spurs should try signing him. joel anthony has no business being on this roster.

8FOR!3
02-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Wonder what's gonna happen to Marcelo Huertas.

Spurs9
02-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Wonder what's gonna happen to Marcelo Huertas.

Hes going to get waived.

8FOR!3
02-23-2017, 03:02 PM
Hes going to get waived.

Yeah but does another team sign him or does he go back to FC Barcelona or somewhere else in Europe and end his career there?

jyra
02-23-2017, 03:21 PM

I like his defensive versatility.