PDA

View Full Version : Lamarcus Aldridge = RJ 2.0

spursistan
12-23-2016, 01:12 AM
No star-caliber player can mark two-months into the season by his sheer invisibility having no serious injury woes coming into it..

It is that same infuriating and gutless unreliability we all loathed in Richard Jefferson--- curing ourself of which was our only path back to contention..

LMA is arguably the most overrated perennial All Star in this century: one dimensional jump-shooter, no-intangibles, zero touch, poor court awareness, and suspect mentality..

Time for the PATFO to make a real bold move and trade his ass while he has a value..Keep waiting for the upside with him at your own peril: we've seen this movie before with another sad-sack name..

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2016, 01:14 AM
I hate Aldridge more than anybody on this forum(well documented:lol), but let's wait until March, tbh..he was out of shape, last year, too, and turned it around once he got fit..

I don't know why Pop benched him tonight, though..they still had a chance to win the game..

BatManu20
12-23-2016, 01:16 AM
Needs Duncan there to comfort him tbh.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2016, 01:16 AM
He should be fired up tomorrow vs. his former squad, the worst defensive team of this era, tbh..

tim_duncan_fan
12-23-2016, 01:17 AM
Here's the thing though...we need a trade scenario that works financially.

Here's another thing. Other teams are seeing what we are seeing. Who still wants Aldridge?

timtonymanu
12-23-2016, 01:17 AM
The "getting into shape" excuse is bullshit. This guy left Portland to go on the Boris Diaw diet with the Spurs. He should have just went to Phoenix and kept his loser play away from this franchise. Fucking letting yourself go before even sniffing a title. It's disgraceful.

NASpurs
12-23-2016, 01:18 AM
Gotta love the mentality of a guy who needs the regular season to get into shape while getting paid millions.

daslicer
12-23-2016, 01:20 AM
Lamarcus despite not playing great will always have value as long as he's getting his 14-16 points a game. On any other team he's a 20 point scorer. He's not playing at a high level right now but I still wouldn't trade him until the off season. I rather wait and see how this season plays out and ends.

Robz4000
Fuck Softridge, fuck Gasol, and fuck PATFO.

gambit1990
the biggest problem is parker.

i've wanted to trade them as a package for a long time now.

TD 21
12-23-2016, 01:21 AM
I don't know why Pop benched him tonight, though..they still had a chance to win the game..

Because it's past time to send a message. I wouldn't have went back to Gasol either. Their give a shit level/softness is sickening. They should probably be the best big duo in the league and yet they're a disaster; if they had an ounce of competitiveness, they'd be embarrassed.

timtonymanu
12-23-2016, 01:23 AM
Because it's past time to send a message. I wouldn't have went back to Gasol either. Their give a shit level/softness is sickening. They should probably be the best big duo in the league and yet they're a disaster; if they had an ounce of competitiveness, they'd be embarrassed.

+1

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2016, 01:23 AM
As I said in the game thread, Aldridge's reverse layup attempt off that beautiful pass fro Anderson was fucking disheartening..easy 2 FTAs or a dunk if he went up strong, but man opted for a circus shot instead:lol symbolic of his season, tbh..

TimDunkem
12-23-2016, 01:24 AM
I hate Aldridge more than anybody on this forum(well documented:lol), but let's wait until March, tbh..he was out of shape, last year, too, and turned it around once he got fit..

4 fouls by the third might have something to do with that. :lol

TheGreatYacht
FkLA

HarlemHeat37
4 fouls by the third might have something to do with that. :lol

They cut the lead down to 5 in the 4th, though IIRC

timtonymanu
12-23-2016, 01:25 AM
As I said in the game thread, Aldridge's reverse layup attempt off that beautiful pass fro Anderson was fucking disheartening..easy 2 FTAs or a dunk if he went up strong, but man opted for a circus shot instead:lol symbolic of his season, tbh..

Reminds me of the criticism against Splitter. Difference was Splitter impacted on other aspects of the game to make that up.

daslicer
12-23-2016, 01:26 AM
As I said in the game thread, Aldridge's reverse layup attempt was fucking disheartening:lol..symbolism of his season, tbh..

It went downhill for him after the refs took away his and 1 and called it an offensive foul. After that play he just gave up and quit.

gambit1990
12-23-2016, 01:27 AM
trade lma and parker. this is simple.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2016, 01:27 AM
It went downhill for him after the refs took away his and 1 and called it an offensive foul. After that play he just gave up and quit.

That was a pretty weird call IIRC..not sure if I can remember an and-1 being taken away and replaced with an offensive foul following a review:lol

Capt Bringdown
12-23-2016, 01:28 AM
The Spurs knew what they were getting with LMA. Vin Baker 2.0

TimDunkem
12-23-2016, 01:30 AM
They cut the lead down to 5 in the 4th, though IIRC

Tbh, I stopped paying attention by the middle of the fourth. From what I saw, LMA probably wouldn't have made much of a difference late. The guy looks like he dogs it most of the time. That reverse layup, and that fadeaway on Johnson was telling.

Hard to believe that this is the same guy who would tear the Spurs a new asshole every time he played them when he was in Portland.

Chinook
12-23-2016, 01:30 AM
The Spurs' best chance to win a title comes off LMA dominating. But as I said in the game thread, I'm starting to wonder about the Jefferson comparisons too. RJ was talented but "misused" as well. I don't think there's a trade out there that would help them this season, so I'm not in favor of anything involving moving him. But it's something to think about if Pau keeps on playing the way he is (both the good and bad)

spursistan
12-23-2016, 01:32 AM
He has a loser written all over him even if your tried to convince yourself otherwise..I tried and predictably come to grips with it..

eDizzle20
12-23-2016, 01:32 AM
That backcourt violation was awful. LMA just strolled into the frontcourt to get the offense started. I don't blame Green for that one. It's clear that Aldridge doesn't play with effort at times. It's frustrating when you see guys like Kawhi, Ginobili, Lee, and Dedmon playing there asses off and your supposed 2nd best player slacking.

Capt Bringdown
12-23-2016, 01:33 AM
Hard to believe that this is the same guy who would tear the Spurs a new asshole every time he played them when he was in Portland.
To extend the comparison, RJ had some great games against the Spurs too.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2016, 01:34 AM
Also, while it's true that Aldridge was far from the only problem tonight(everybody sucked outside of Lee, Dedmon, Anderson and stretches of Kawhi), it's tough to blame other players on the team when the Spurs have strategically built their team to be top-heavy..

This team is built to win behind Kawhi, Aldridge and Gasol getting shots and putting up #s, while the others receive infrequent touches and out of rhythm opportunities..if 1 of Kawhi or Aldridge isn't dominating, it's almost a guaranteed loss for the Spurs, considering the way they have chosen to build the team..

timtonymanu
12-23-2016, 01:35 AM
Tbh, I stopped paying attention by the middle of the fourth. From what I saw, LMA probably wouldn't have made much of a difference late. The guy looks like he dogs it most of the time. That reverse layup, and that fadeaway on Johnson was telling.

He's always been underwhelming when it mattered though. I remember Splitter shutting him down pretty easily in 2014.

BillMc
12-23-2016, 01:41 AM
His jumpshots just seem off this year.

spursistan
12-23-2016, 01:41 AM
:tu

spursistan
12-23-2016, 01:44 AM
His soft ass is enamored with the move, but he's also going to fade away Kawhi prime with it..

Act bold and do it..Franchises never resurrect/reload without risk-taking..

spursistan
12-23-2016, 02:09 AM
You just can't teach/coach fire or passion..Other than the Bucks game, he wasn't involved in any of the Spurs too many comeback/squeak out wins this year..Dude has been a fuckin ghost for 30 games..

Ditty
12-23-2016, 02:17 AM
He was pretty good in the playoffs last year outside of the last two game. Can't say the same for RJ...

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 02:20 AM

DNP-Rest

sasaint
12-23-2016, 02:24 AM
His soft ass is enamored with the move, but he's also going to fade away Kawhi prime with it..

:tu

FkLA
12-23-2016, 02:24 AM
He was pretty good in the playoffs last year outside of the last two game. Can't say the same for RJ...

Truth bomb.

sasaint
12-23-2016, 02:25 AM
DNP-Rest

I asked the question in the game thread: how much did LMA actually play in the second half?

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 02:25 AM
The Spurs' best chance to win a title comes off LMA dominating. But as I said in the game thread, I'm starting to wonder about the Jefferson comparisons too. RJ was talented but "misused" as well.

Dick was asked to stand in the corner, Softridge on the other hand is getting his touches but not putting in the effort which is why his usage rate isn't even higher. It's not like he wasn't getting touches in the second half of last season when he actually produced & had the offense basically running through him in the first two games against OKC.

Kevin Love had an excuse as the 3rd banana, this muphucka has nothing to complain about.

MaNu4Tres
12-23-2016, 02:26 AM
LA to PHX
Bledsoe/Noel to SA
Bender to Philly.

Get it done before LA turns into Kurt Thomas by 2018.

100%duncan
12-23-2016, 02:27 AM
LA to PHX
Bledsoe/Noel to SA
Bender to Philly.

Get it done before LA turns into Kurt Thomas by 2018.

Man, imagine a competent point-guard and a defensive minded big on this team

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 02:29 AM

I doubt PATFO have any loyalty to that selfish fucker, just move him while he actually has trade value.:bang

FkLA
12-23-2016, 02:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ww-sd2J8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f14jEMDEsvQ

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 02:31 AM
LA to PHX
Bledsoe/Noel to SA
Bender to Philly.

:pop:"Nerlens isn't over himself, I got the dirt on him from Brett"

gambit1990
12-23-2016, 02:31 AM
it doesn't matter who the spurs trade as long as tony is still starting.

FkLA
12-23-2016, 02:33 AM

Truth bomb #2.

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 02:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ww-sd2J8E

He showed his true colors in Gms 3-6

SASdynasty!
12-23-2016, 02:38 AM
As Spurs:

LMA Regular Season: 18/8 on 50%
LMA Playoffs: 22/8 on 52%

RJ Regular Season: 11/4 on 46%
RJ Playoffs: 8/5 on 46%

Lol, not really.

SASdynasty!
12-23-2016, 02:40 AM
High usage Tony: WCF (2012), Finals (2013), Champions (2014)
Low usage Tony: First round (2015), Second round (2016)

FkLA
12-23-2016, 02:43 AM
He showed his true colors in Gms 3-6

The team as a whole sputtered.

Still played hard and did more in Gms 3-6 than the guy he's being compared to did in his entire Spurs career.

SASdynasty!
12-23-2016, 02:45 AM

Still played hard and did more in Gms 3-6 than the guy he's being compared to did in his entire Spurs career.
A bunch of people struggled in that series:

Parker: 11/6 on 47%
Mills: 4/2 on 42%

Well, some more than others I guess.

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 02:58 AM

Dick Jefferson never made an All-Star team let alone being 2nd team All-NBA.:lol

Jefferson went from being a very good player to being an average role player, Softridge went from being an All-NBA player to, at best, a boarder-line All-Star. He's basically on that Carlos Boozer trajectory.:lol

Man In Black
12-23-2016, 03:03 AM
It's hard to win games when:
Mils, Simmons, Dedmon, and Lee shoot a combined 8-22.

TEAM LOSS.

SAGirl
12-23-2016, 03:10 AM
You just can't teach/coach fire or passion..Other than the Bucks game, he wasn't involved in any of the Spurs too many comeback/squeak out wins this year..Dude has been a fuckin ghost for 30 games..
Pop has said that... you can't make a guy be a competitor if he's not...

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 03:32 AM

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 03:39 AM
It's hard to win games when:
Mils, Simmons, Dedmon, and Lee shoot a combined 8-22.

TEAM LOSS.

Porker/Softridge: 6-21.:wakeup (34 mill)

Down Under
12-23-2016, 03:46 AM
All he had to do was get his body between Speights and the ball and lay it up, not even dunk it. He needs some angry pills.

spurraider21
12-23-2016, 03:48 AM

I don't know why Pop benched him tonight, though..they still had a chance to win the game..you've manipulated some of that documentation tbh :lol...

Man In Black
12-23-2016, 03:54 AM
Porker/Softridge: 6-21.:wakeup (34 mill)

I see that but if either group shoots 50%, the Spurs get a W.

I see this as a schedule loss. Back to Back games and Pop going with half a bench. Tomorrow both Parker and Gasol get the game off to rest.

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 04:01 AM
I see that but if either group shoots 50%, the Spurs get a W.

I see this as a schedule loss. Back to Back games and Pop going with half a bench. Tomorrow both Parker and Gasol get the game off to rest.

How is this a schedule loss when the starters crapped their pants in the first half?:lol

The Bench making 3 more shots wasn't going to make a difference when the Cripples had a double digit lead until Speight's careless consecutive turnovers in the final minutes.

Man In Black
12-23-2016, 04:20 AM
How is this a schedule loss when the starters crapped their pants in the first half?:lol

The Bench making 3 more shots wasn't going to make a difference when the Cripples had a double digit lead until Speight's careless consecutive turnovers in the final minutes.

Did Pop play his full compliment of players? Yes or No will suffice.
Think about the bench for instance. He was down, the 3's weren't falling...Bertans is sitting there, why not play him? Pop will use him tomorrow. It's a schedule loss, a National TV one at that. But Pop has done this before. His team didn't execute but Pop didn't make any real adjustment other than the You must participate in your own recovery, card. He played Murray a little but it's not like Pop went all out to get the W. He played it pretty conservative. Stuck with the players taking bad or forced shots or simply missing open shots. Them's the breaks.

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 04:33 AM
Did Pop play his full compliment of players? Yes or No will suffice.

Oh so, Manu was going to help in the PnR coverages & he has played well against the Cripples such as the 2015 playoffs.:lol

The Cripples could have scored more points by attacking Pau instead of letting Austin Rivers ISO b/c they had a comfortable lead. The only time the Spurs beat the Cripples w/ the current core was when Softridge manned up & went at Blake, tonight he was softer than a babies butt.

Man In Black
12-23-2016, 04:39 AM
"It's the same for every team. You're going to go back to the film and see what you want to get better at and look at players who you really trust. Who's going to be on the floor at the end of games come playoff time? That kind of thing," Popovich said. "Win or lose, it's a matter of improving. That's the deal."

spursistan
02-07-2017, 09:06 AM
Punked by 40-yo Vince Carter :lol..

It is very much the same cock-tease act RJ pulled with us when he gives you a hot week and you start thinking he's figured out in the system only to revert to passive shit and wild inconsistency-- rinse and repeat..

Short of a competitive series against GS in the WCF, PATFO better not keep deluding themselves with this Aldridge situation..It is going to be the Millsap/Hawks act of the the Western conference.

The path toward "building around Kawhi" has to be explored this summer in earnest if they get shown up again in the postseason..

EIC
02-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Punked by 40-yo Vince Carter :lol..

It is very much the same cock-tease act RJ pulled with us when he gives you a hot week and you start thinking he's figured out in the system only to revert to passive shit and wild inconsistency-- rinse and repeat..

Short of a competitive series against GS in the WCF, PATFO better not keep deluding themselves with this Aldridge situation..It is going to be the Millsap/Hawks act of the the Western conference.

The path toward "building around Kawhi" has to be explored this summer in earnest if they get shown up again in the postseason..

100%. Time to pull the plug on the LMA and Gasol experiment. We need a legit 1 and a legit 5 to pair with Kawhi and we can dominate. You can fill the 2 and 4 with existing scrub assets (e.g., Green and Lee) and be fine. We need an elite point guard and a dominating big man. I'd love to see what Cousins could do in the Spurs system with a steady hand. Add Paul and we're neck and neck with GSW, IMO.

james evans
02-08-2017, 06:26 AM
100%. Time to pull the plug on the LMA and Gasol experiment. We need a legit 1 and a legit 5 to pair with Kawhi and we can dominate. You can fill the 2 and 4 with existing scrub assets (e.g., Green and Lee) and be fine. We need an elite point guard and a dominating big man. I'd love to see what Cousins could do in the Spurs system with a steady hand. Add Paul and we're neck and neck with GSW, IMO.
neck and neck with GS? Am I the only one on this site who actually saw the first game of the season?

Robz4000
02-08-2017, 06:44 AM
:lol LMA is far from the problem and definitely isn't RJ 2.0. Offensively he isn't efficient (though he's become a much better passer than he used to be) and can't be the 1A/1B with Kawhi that people.thought he could, but he's become a great defensive anchor and by all accounts is a great teammate/locker room guy.

The main issue is that the Spurs don't have a more dominant rebounder/above-average-to-great defender to pair with him (outside Dedmon who hasn't developed as was hoped thus far) and a playmaker to get him looks in his spots consistently to get him going.

spursgu
02-08-2017, 06:49 AM
neck and neck with GS? Am I the only one on this site who actually saw the first game of the season?

It was a fluke which is what the naysayers want to believe.

dabom
02-08-2017, 09:07 AM
God OP is a flaming faggot. :lmao

cd98
02-08-2017, 11:25 AM
LMA was better last year. I don't know if it was losing Tim or what, but he has looked eh for a few weeks now. I'm not hating on him bc the Spurs need him to win a title. But I'm concerned about what appears to be a down year offensively. Say what you want about improved defense, we need his scoring on the low block vs GS or Cavs, or even Clips and Rockets.

Arcadian
02-08-2017, 08:15 PM
No.

Joseph Kony
02-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Something is off with him this season for sure, maybe he has some personal shit going on, but you can see he is not mentally there in every game, something we didn't have issues with last season. there's been times he's locked in and he looks like the best PF in the league and other nights he is passive and soft and looks like a bench player. Spurfan needs to hope this dude pulls his head out of his ass after the ASB...we know Kawhi will be fine, but Spurs NEED aldridge to be that other scorer for Kawhi otherwise we're fucked

spursistan
05-01-2017, 09:41 PM
Bump..

Still standing by this view: The Spurs won't go anywhere with him as major cog..If this is how he will go out in these playoffs, I would assume they will seriously to look to shop him even with value tanking..

spursistan
05-01-2017, 09:45 PM
But...but..but..Memphis front line :cry

Still trying to find excuses for this faggot after his shitty season :lmao..

timtonymanu
05-01-2017, 09:47 PM
It's like people forgot how much he shit the bed against OKC after the first two games

:cry buh buh 41 points.

That's the thing about Lafaggot. He will show up only when the team is in good position but when the pressure is on, he makes Matt Bonner look like Tim Duncan when it comes to pressure.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-01-2017, 09:50 PM
lol you guys dusting off this shit

tim_duncan_fan
05-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Can we cut this nigga in the middle of the playoffs?

I don't even want to have to see this guy.

100%duncan
05-01-2017, 09:53 PM
But...but..but..Memphis front line :cry

Still trying to find excuses for this faggot after his shitty season :lmao..

:lmao this shit was the funniest, acting like the memphis frontline had anything to do with him being a pussy

UZER
05-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Can the fans at least boo him for crying out loud!!

spursistan
05-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Notice also how Pop is is cagey, if ever, when it comes to laying into him for his pussy play..Has he even torn into this faggot for his embarrassing play during a timeout once?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Notice also how Pop is is cagey, if ever, when it comes to laying into him for his pussy play..Has he even torn into this faggot for his embarrassing play during a timeout once?

It's clear from this game already that David Lee will be the scapegoat for Pop. There's always one. So it'll be the fault of the third big off the Golden State bench instead of the max pay former All-Star starting PF.

timtonymanu
05-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Gotta wonder if that's what David West was talking about when he soured on the Spurs. Remember Pop couldn't stop playing him against OKC and Aldridge shit the bed there and probably didn't get called out on it.

BackHome
05-01-2017, 10:07 PM
YEA LMA this year looks like a bench player a lot of games if your paying him big time money he better be producing and he hasn't.

jag
05-01-2017, 10:10 PM

Pop knows Lamarcus is fragile as fuck. As bad as he is now, he's at least pretending to give effort. Can you imagine if he shut it down... that's what Pop is trying to avoid.

spursistan
05-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Gotta wonder if that's what David West was talking about when he soured on the Spurs. Remember Pop couldn't stop playing him against OKC and Aldridge shit the bed there and probably didn't get called out on it.
Yep, there is an undeserved kid gloves treatment Pop reserve for Softridge..This dude needed to be coached up, he's been a fuckin career loser prior to coming here..

spursistan
05-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Pop knows Lamarcus is fragile as fuck. As bad as he is now, he's at least pretending to give effort. Can you imagine if he shut it down... that's what Pop is trying to avoid.
He can GTFO here if he is going to pull this act :lol ..The Spurs franchise is bigger than Lamarcus fuckin Aldridge..

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2017, 10:43 PM

The only times LA played worth a damn against Memphis was when he got pissed. If Pop can't see that, and motivate him accordingly, it's just another reason Pockmark needs to go.

timtonymanu
05-01-2017, 11:10 PM
:lmao getting your shit pushed in by Ryan Anderson

Even Splitter didn't fall that low

RD2191
05-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Can we cut this nigga in the middle of the playoffs?

I don't even want to have to see this guy.

spursistan
05-01-2017, 11:21 PM
Team worst -36 and getting rolled in his match-up by a white american stiff :lmao..

He is an absolute joke..Get this faggot off my team in the summer-- a ball and chain on us with his cancerous style and mental softness..

myhc
05-01-2017, 11:30 PM
Team worst -36 and getting rolled in his match-up by a white american stiff :lmao..

He is an absolute joke..Get this faggot off my team in the summer-- a ball and chain on us with his cancerous style and mental softness..

HILARIOUS. :lma

spursistan
05-01-2017, 11:34 PM

Not even RJ brought the ship down in this manner..Talk about cancerous presence..

Spur|n|Austin
05-01-2017, 11:38 PM
Absolute garbage, fire him.

gospursgojas
05-01-2017, 11:41 PM
I agree. This game finally did it for me.

What are realistic options to unload him for a positive or at the very least neutral gain?

UZER
05-01-2017, 11:45 PM
:lmao getting your shit pushed in by Ryan Anderson

Even Splitter didn't fall that low

Remember Splitter also pushed Aldridges shit in game one of the series in 2014 against POR. I used to give Splitter credit for that but now I'm rethinking that. :lol

apalisoc_9
05-01-2017, 11:45 PM

Not even RJ brought the ship down in this manner..Talk about cancerous presence..

:lmao

Fadeaway postups against Ariza. :lmao

gambit1990
05-01-2017, 11:50 PM
i was trying to think of a word to describe his body language on the floor. the closest i could get was "richard jefferson like".

spursistan
05-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Somebody said it on twitter, Aldridge looks more and more like late career Carlos Boozer..

BackHome
05-02-2017, 12:24 AM
Boozer played with some passion I see none coming from Soft Ridge let him go this summer or trade him. I refuse to re up my season tickets unless him and Green are gone......Just Plain Sucky............

MaNu4Tres
05-02-2017, 12:53 AM
LMA was better last year. I don't know if it was losing Tim or what, but he has looked eh for a few weeks now. I'm not hating on him bc the Spurs need him to win a title. But I'm concerned about what appears to be a down year offensively. Say what you want about improved defense, we need his scoring on the low block vs GS or Cavs, or even Clips and Rockets.

It's his work ethic, the guy is getting older and he's sat on his ass the past 2 offseasons. That is why he's regressed.

Consistency is tied to confidence and confidence is tied to hard work. It's all connected. LA hasn't had any of it all year. It's been a gradual demise.

spursistan
05-02-2017, 01:04 AM
It's his work ethic, the guy is getting older and he's sat on his ass the past 2 offseasons. That is why he's regressed.

Consistency is tied to confidence and confidence is tied to hard work. It's all connected. LA hasn't had any of it all year. It's been a gradual demise.
I kept waiting for him "to impose his will" tonight as some folks told me he would/could :lol..

timtonymanu
05-02-2017, 01:05 AM
I kept waiting for him "to impose his will" tonight as some folks told me he would/could :lol..

lol who said that? Even when he was in his prime, he was never known as that kind of guy. 2nd banana to Brandon Roy, Damian Lillard, and Kawhi Leonard

MaNu4Tres
05-02-2017, 01:06 AM

Yeah he told me that too.

spursistan
05-02-2017, 01:06 AM
lol who said that? Even when he was in his prime, he was never known as that kind of guy. 2nd banana to Brandon Roy, Damian Lillard, and Kawhi Leonard
Chinook first few pages in Game thread..:lol

HarlemHeat37
05-02-2017, 01:09 AM

As much as I dislike him, I still expected him to at least back Ryan Anderson down:lol it's Ryan Anderson..smh..

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 01:10 AM
As much as I dislike him, I still expected him to at least back Ryan Anderson down:lol it's Ryan Anderson..smh..

Fade away and 16feet jumpers against Ryan Anderson :lmao

DeRozan m8
05-02-2017, 01:12 AM
Still crying over not making all star tbh

Fucking trade the sensitive, selfish c*nt

timtonymanu
05-02-2017, 01:35 AM
Kinda crazy how much they parallel each other. Spurs fans were really excited when the team picked up both of them. I'm not liking the Spurs history and picking up "big name" players. :lol

Dingle Barry
05-02-2017, 02:38 AM
This guy is only here because of a tantrum resulting from the Blazers org recognizing that Damian Lillard was obviously better than him at basketball. He's clearly both delusional and a pussy. Worst Longhorn and Spur ever.

Dingle Barry
05-02-2017, 02:41 AM
I agree. This game finally did it for me.

What are realistic options to unload him for a positive or at the very least neutral gain?

Offer him for Carmelo.

siraulo23
05-02-2017, 03:00 AM
Damn, another fail "big name" acquisition by the Spurs

He had a better season last year tbh

r0drig0lac
05-02-2017, 08:04 AM
Offer him for Carmelo.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-02-2017, 08:07 AM
:pop: we are rebuilding this franchise around Lamarcus next year

DMC
05-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Spurs went too far on the "old guy" schtick. Having Manu, Tony, David Lee and Aldridge on the floor at the same time against a group of gazelles is a bad idea. I guess no one wants to talk about Tony getting his shit stuffed on multiple trips, tripping over his own feet and turning the ball over, missing wide open looks and layups, or Manu turning the ball over and being basically slow motion version of prime Manu.

The entire team was lethargic and ill prepared for the opening punch. That's on Pop. He's also old and too prone to loyalty minutes and "corporate knowledge" weighs more with him than talent and ability. That works ok in the RS but not when you whittle the shit teams away and are only left with the top 4 teams in the West. Spurs are probably 3rd best team in the West. Their record almost never reflects their true abilities at the higher levels. They just do well to pick the low hanging fruits.

gospursgojas
05-02-2017, 03:40 PM
Offer him for Carmelo.

Play Melo at 4?

spursistan
05-02-2017, 03:54 PM
They need to cut bait in the summer if this is how he will go down in the series.

Sometimes the mere presence of someone is problematic in itself-- see Dwight/Rockets dynamic-- only that Aldridge is way more professional as far keeping his frustrations under wraps or putting them through other channels (probably his agent and camp)

I firmly believe LMA is deep down unhappy with the fact that he's lost his status as the focal point of the offense especially in relation to his next contract. He needs his empty PPG to justify a 20 plus millions deal in his mid 30s..

gambit1990
05-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Offer him for Carmelo.
la to ny
melo to clips
cp3 to spurs

spursistan
05-02-2017, 05:54 PM

Phenomanul
05-02-2017, 05:56 PM
la to ny
melo to clips
cp3 to spurs

Interesting...

NASpurs
05-02-2017, 05:57 PM

:lol while playing 14 more minutes... fuck that shit

sasaint
05-02-2017, 06:00 PM
Play Melo at 4?

Carmelo would be a black hole no matter where you played him. But in today's NBA that would seem to be his natural position.

gospursgojas
05-02-2017, 06:04 PM

Now add their salaries to the comparison....

daslicer
05-02-2017, 06:08 PM
So does this mean that Lamarcus will win a title with Lebron in a few years?

bic50
05-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Kinda crazy how much they parallel each other. Spurs fans were really excited when the team picked up both of them. I'm not liking the Spurs history and picking up "big name" players. :lol
No to cp3

timtonymanu
05-22-2017, 10:50 PM
I'm inclined to say Aldridge was even worse

apalisoc_9
05-22-2017, 10:51 PM
The search funcation here is atrocious. I'm trying to find my aldridge threads pre 2016 season and according to search. I've only ever created 30 threads in 10 years in spurstalk :lol

spursistan
05-22-2017, 10:52 PM
Yep..

DAF86 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11102) put it best "addition by subtraction" is where I'm at..Just get him off my team: his mere fuckin' loser presence is problem int itself..You can see it, his teammates don't even enjoy playing with him..

tholdren
05-22-2017, 10:53 PM
Yep..

DAF86 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11102) put it best "addition by subtraction" is where I'm at..Just get im off my team: his mere fuckin' loser presence is problem int itself..You can see it, his teammates don't even enjoy playing with him..

Darius Bieber
05-22-2017, 10:54 PM

You're absolutely right here. I personally don't hate RJ because he was put in a role he wasn't fit for. People expected too much out of him.

With Aldridge, he was put in and given a max contract to be a first option. And he's failing miserably.

timtonymanu
05-22-2017, 10:58 PM
RJ at least didn't show up to camp overweight. And you could make the argument that he didn't mesh well with the Big 3 system but like DB said Aldridge came in with high expectations and had a high ceiling but never had the work ethic. He instantly let himself go once he signed with the Spurs.

RD2191
05-22-2017, 10:59 PM
Yep..

DAF86 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11102) put it best "addition by subtraction" is where I'm at..Just get him off my team: his mere fuckin' loser presence is problem int itself..You can see it, his teammates don't even enjoy playing with him..

Spur|n|Austin
05-22-2017, 11:02 PM
The boos will be loud one day when he visits the Att center on another team. Also, leave that number 12 jeresey here before you leave, it belongs to Bruce.

timtonymanu
05-22-2017, 11:02 PM
The boos will be loud one day when he visits the Att center on another team. Also, leave that number 12 jeresey here before you leave, it belongs to Bruce.

This. Take that fucking #12 off his back. Disgraceful to Bruce's legacy

spursistan
05-22-2017, 11:19 PM
There are some signs that Pop has soured on him..Let's hope he takes it to its logical conclusion..