PDA

View Full Version : At this point: I just want to see Kawhi, Dejounte, Davis and Patty run.

tim_duncan_fan
12-23-2016, 01:37 AM
We can stop pretending that we're going to be a competitive playoff team. Like fetch, it's not going to happen.

With that said, once we have all admitted that to ourselves...we do still have the potential to be entertaining.

Anyone else just want to see us give the aforementioned players a ton of burn together? They and fricking David Lee are our most dynamic players. I say let's just let them run and shoot.

We don't have anything serious to play for (barring some trade block magic), so let's let the young guys get out there and have a ton of games together for the future.

duncan2k5
12-23-2016, 01:45 AM
Murray needs to start...he is a game changer

Darius Bieber
12-23-2016, 01:46 AM
Yep. This is a lottery team at best. Might as well roll with that, then have Kawhi sign with LA in a few years.

Ditty
12-23-2016, 01:49 AM
Murray is going to be really good, but he's not ready yet :lol

I don't get why Bertans is getting DNP's. He's a pretty good player.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2016, 01:52 AM
Regardless of how you feel about their title aspirations, they have the 2nd best record in the league and aren't going to start tanking just to give minutes to their 29th pick:lol

Robz4000
12-23-2016, 01:53 AM
As long as they trade away LMA/Gasol I'm fine with it, though unless Green is traded too I'd like to see him in there as well; Simmons too.

Robz4000
12-23-2016, 01:54 AM
Regardless of how you feel about their title aspirations, they have the 2nd best record in the league and aren't going to start tanking just to give minutes to their 29th pick:lol

:lol they won't but it'd be fun to see instead of pretending to have a shot with this current roster.

apalisoc_9
12-23-2016, 01:55 AM
Twice the season, Pop has screamed on Bertans trying to act like a monkey baller in the bench. I remeber a game a month ago with a Simmons dunk..Dude, jumps out. Pop, yells at his ass and he never saw the court again..even after playing decent a quarter earlier.

Bertans would have opened up the floor tonight. Specially in the 4th when Aldridge didnt even play a single minute.

FkLA
12-23-2016, 01:58 AM

The Spurs were title contenders when AJ was benched in favor of young Enrique. Benching an older Enrique doesn't have to be a tank job, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2016, 01:58 AM
The Spurs were title contenders when AJ was benched in favor of young Enrique. Benching an older Enrique doesn't have to be a tank job, tbh.

You know how much I've wanted to sit Parker since 2014-2015(well documented), but Murray is far from an NBA player, tbh:lol

I'd love for Patty to get 30 MPG in the playoffs, though..

tim_duncan_fan
12-23-2016, 02:03 AM
As long as they trade away LMA/Gasol I'm fine with it, though unless Green is traded too I'd like to see him in there as well; Simmons too.

Idk what to expect from Jonathan Simmons. Sometimes I just want to shake him when he's just sitting like a bump on a log in most games . Like DUDE, BE AGGRESSIVE.

FkLA
12-23-2016, 02:04 AM
You know how much I've wanted to sit Parker since 2014-2015(well documented), but Murray is far from an NBA player, tbh:lol

I'd love for Patty to get 30 MPG in the playoffs, though..

Probably overreacting to Murray's performance today but I'm just so sick of Enrique, man. Ditto on Paddy though.

Hoops Czar
12-23-2016, 02:06 AM
We can stop pretending that we're going to be a competitive playoff team. Like fetch, it's not going to happen.

With that said, once we have all admitted that to ourselves...we do still have the potential to be entertaining.

Anyone else just want to see us give the aforementioned players a ton of burn together? They and fricking David Lee are our most dynamic players. I say let's just let them run and shoot.

We don't have anything serious to play for (barring some trade block magic), so let's let the young guys get out there and have a ton of games together for the future.

I agree with the youngsters but, not Kawhi trying to impersonate Lebron. I've seen enough bad impersonations this season.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-23-2016, 02:11 AM
Spurstalk cliffjump when the team lose like 1 in 5 but you're telling me now you want to watch a lottery team? :lol gtfo

tim_duncan_fan
12-23-2016, 02:20 AM
Spurstalk cliffjump when the team lose like 1 in 5 but you're telling me now you want to watch a lottery team? :lol gtfo

What I want ABSOLUTELY, is to not be middling.

I'd rather miss the playoffs with a young team, than win a shit ton of meaningless games and draft low when we should be drafting high.

And I want to watch the young guys.

Ultimately, this is not a good team, and it is better to face that reality immediately rather than trying to play playoff spoiler to teams that are woefully more athletic or (often AND) more skilled.

We are throwing Kawhi out there with virtually no help. We'll continue to win some games, but they will only matter in terms of lowering our draft pick.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-23-2016, 02:23 AM
What I want ABSOLUTELY, is to not be middling.

I'd rather miss the playoffs with a young team, than win a shit ton of meaningless games and draft low when we should be drafting high.

And I want to watch the young guys.

You want the Spurs to be the Pelicans or you want them to trade Kawhi?

Dancelot
12-23-2016, 02:25 AM
Would also like to see forbes out there as well

gambit1990
12-23-2016, 02:27 AM
get rid of parker.

tim_duncan_fan
12-23-2016, 02:27 AM
You want the Spurs to be the Pelicans or you want them to trade Kawhi?

No, I want them to run Kawhi with the young players. If we still make the playoffs, then that's something to see, and if not, we draft like the non-contenders that we are.

Just trying to get the ship through the storm and turned back to the right direction as soon as possible.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-23-2016, 02:31 AM
No, I want them to run Kawhi with the young players. If we still make the playoffs, then that's something to see, and if not, we draft like the non-contenders that we are.

Just trying to get the ship through the storm and turned back to the right direction as soon as possible.

So, you want them to be the Pelicans.

I could imagine the cliffjumping. :lol

tim_duncan_fan
12-23-2016, 02:33 AM
You're just not thinking big picture.

I don't care about 50 wins vs Portland and New Orleans when I know we can't take Golden State or LAC in the playoffs.

dabom
12-23-2016, 02:36 AM

Fathead?..

apalisoc_9
12-23-2016, 06:39 AM
You're just not thinking big picture.

I don't care about 50 wins vs Portland and New Orleans when I know we can't take Golden State or LAC in the playoffs.

You hobestly think Kawhi and his agent are stupid enough to stay in San Antonio under your circumstances. :lol

Kawhi doesnt strike me as Im fine playing with a shitty team so lomg as iget mine player. :lol

GSH
12-23-2016, 10:09 AM
You hobestly think Kawhi and his agent are stupid enough to stay in San Antonio under your circumstances. :lol

Kawhi doesnt strike me as Im fine playing with a shitty team so lomg as iget mine player. :lol

Kawhi does whatever Pop tells him to do.

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 03:13 PM

Muphuckin' Pop refused to even let CoJo take off his warm ups when Porker was wetting the bed in 2015.:wakeup

Slippy
12-23-2016, 06:21 PM
Murray is the goods. More interesting is that pop was playing him key role playing mins last night.