PDA

View Full Version : The elephant in the room, tbh...

ElNono
12-23-2016, 01:38 AM
Raymond Felton didn't look that fat tonight, tbh... I wonder if a Deron Williams would also rejuvenate with the Spurs...

Seriously now, is Pop for real? Kyle finally has a semi-decent first half and doesn't see the floor until garbage time (and I get the schtick about Kyle, but he was at least good on defense tonight), and then the hack-a-Jordan when we have momentum... I thought he over micromanaged again...

Trainwreck2100
12-23-2016, 01:39 AM
Raymond Felton didn't look that fat tonight

cause he was standing next to parker most of the night

NASpurs
12-23-2016, 01:40 AM

:lmao

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2016, 01:40 AM
It's very disheartening watching other teams' pick&roll attacks consistently generating looks and space for their shooters, tbh..

This team doesn't even need an All-Star PG, just give them a backup-caliber PG like JJ Barea:lol

Robz4000
12-23-2016, 01:41 AM

:rollin

apalisoc_9
12-23-2016, 01:41 AM
Yeah Mind boggling the lack of minutes for Kyle in the second half...He made some terrible calls in the second half. When the spurs made a run and got it back to 6, he subed out Leonard and the lead balloned back to 11 and it killed the momentum.

Also, when Pau was gaining momentum he decides to sit him down. I'm starting to wonder if Pop has a particular belief about benching guys with hot hands or momentum. It's way too often.

ElNono
12-23-2016, 01:42 AM
It's very disheartening watching other teams' pick&roll attacks consistently generating looks and space for their shooters, tbh..

Frankly, nobody could guard Paul. Not even Danny or Kawhi. That's really our achilles against this team in particular.

But I don't get Pop's act of hacking when you actually have momentum. I thought he learned from the playoff series, but apparently not.

HarlemHeat37
And ya, not playing Anderson more was a little strange, considering that was one of his best stints of the season, while Simmons played some of the worst basketball I've seen from anybody this season..

apalisoc_9
Hopefully, Deron gets a buyout...

Chinook
12-23-2016, 01:43 AM
I don't get what this thread is about. If it's about Williams in a buyout, then it's hard to see with Pop not taking Parker or Mills or Manu out of the rotation and with him being a coach-killer. If it's about Pop making horrible adjustments, that's very true. Kept making the wrong substitutions. Should have put Dedmon in early in the first when it was clear Pau wasn't working and then run PnR with Dedmon and Parker. Instead, he took out Green for Simmons and Kawhi for Anderson. Then he keeps Simmons in for much of the first even though Jonathon was playing awful ball. Then in situational ball, he brings in Murray but doesn't have him play PG when Forbes was active and should have been the guy spotting up at the end of quarters.

YGWHI
Pop doesn't realize how much unplayable are Parker-LMA-Pau together...Or worse, he realizes it and still refuses to make a change.

Very disappointing coaching this season.

HarlemHeat37
Frankly, nobody could guard Paul. Not even Danny or Kawhi. That's really our achilles against this team in particular.

But I don't get Pop's act of hacking when you actually have momentum. I thought he learned from the playoff series, but apparently not.

Bro, I wasn't even talking about Paul:lol..they couldn't stop Felton in the pick&roll..

CP3 is a HOF player and a top 3 PG, it's understandable if you can't stop him..Raymond Felton, though:lol

ElNono
12-23-2016, 01:44 AM
I don't get what this thread is about. If it's about Williams in a buyout, then it's hard to see with Pop not taking Parker or Mills or Manu out of the rotation and with him being a coach-killer. If it's about Pop making horrible adjustments, that's very true. Kept making the wrong substitutions. Should have put Dedmon in early in the first when it was clear Pau wasn't working and then run PnR with Dedmon and Parker. Instead, he took out Green for Simmons and Kawhi for Anderson. Then he keeps Simmons in for much of the first even though Jonathon was playing awful ball. Then in situational ball, he brings in Murray but doesn't have him play PG when Forbes was active and should have been the guy spotting up at the end of quarters.

A bit of everything, tbh... but mostly what I thought was Pop's mismanagement tonight

ElNono
12-23-2016, 01:45 AM
Bro, I wasn't even talking about Paul:lol..they couldn't stop Felton in the pick&roll..

CP3 is a HOF player and a top 3 PG, it's understandable if you can't stop him..Raymond Felton, though:lol

Yeah, that comment was more than just this game tbh... we just don't have a way to counter him. Can't make him work on the other end anymore, etc...

Ditty
12-23-2016, 01:45 AM
Deron Williams is putting up good numbers on a terrible team, please no :lol

Kyle actually looked like a NBA player tonight. I rather have had him out there than Simmmons tonight.

Trainwreck2100
12-23-2016, 01:46 AM

I actually think he did it because he didn't want the clips to run their set play out of the timeout. He didn't do it again and DJ only made 1

spurtech09
12-23-2016, 01:47 AM
Hopefully, Deron gets a buyout...This

boutons_deux
Spurs trying to catch them in 4th, Felton gets 3 uncontested layups.

TimDunkem
That hack a Jordan came at the worst time. You're down six with momentum and you foul DeAndre and, soon after, put the Clips in the bonus? To me, it was obvious they were going to lose this game then.

With the Clips aggressiveness and putting them in the bonus early, they were bound to maintain the lead for the rest of the game.

HI-FI
12-23-2016, 01:49 AM
:pop: "fuck you im the Svengali of the System."

ElNono
12-23-2016, 01:50 AM
I actually think he did it because he didn't want the clips to run their set play out of the timeout. He didn't do it again and DJ only made 1

But you get them in the bonus early, and you slow down the game when you were making a run. Play some defense instead..

GSH
The Hack-A-Jordan was totally unnecessary, and totally shut down the energy and momentum the team had gained.

Pau Gasol looked lifeless. Jackie Butler-esque. Neither him nor LMA look like they hate losing. LMA is sitting on the bench near the end of the game grinning like a jackass. I want guys that hate losing. DWill used to look like that. But, honestly, he's looked like he's collecting checks the last several years. I admit I haven't watched him that much, but when I have seen him, he hasn't looked like he was pissed off about losing for years.

Maybe that sounds dumb, but I'd really like to see a guy kicking chairs over a night like this, not joking on the sidelines.

YGWHI
Yeah Mind boggling the lack of minutes for Kyle in the second half...He made some terrible calls in the second half. When the spurs made a run and got it back to 6, he subed out Leonard and the lead balloned back to 11 and it killed the momentum.

Also, when Pau was gaining momentum he decides to sit him down. I'm starting to wonder if Pop has a particular belief about benching guys with hot hands or momentum. It's way too often.

Agree. Very often.
Pop makes too hard to get in rhythm for these players.

And it's not only in regular season. Patty was the guy with the hot hand in 2015 playoffs but Pop decided to play an 'injured' Parker more minutes.

ElNono
12-23-2016, 01:52 AM
The Hack-A-Jordan was totally unnecessary, and totally shut down the energy and momentum the team had gained.

Pau Gasol looked lifeless. Jackie Butler-esque. Neither him nor LMA look like they hate losing. LMA is sitting on the bench near the end of the game grinning like a jackass. I want guys that hate losing. DWill used to look like that. But, honestly, he's looked like he's collecting checks the last several years. I admit I haven't watched him that much, but when I have seen him, he hasn't looked like he was pissed off about losing for years.

Maybe that sounds dumb, but I'd really like to see a guy kicking chairs over a night like this, not joking on the sidelines.

Completely agree. We know Tony is a competitor but he lost the battle against Father Time a while ago, and Pau already has a few rings, but LMA lack of competitiveness is alarming, imo

SASdynasty!
12-23-2016, 01:52 AM
Actually I think the elephant in the room is the fact that we're 23-6 and have the best road record in the history of the NBA. But according to Spurstalk we should blow up the team. Please please none of you ever get into front office management.

NASpurs
12-23-2016, 01:53 AM
Actually I think the elephant in the room is the fact that we're 23-6 and have the best road record in the history of the NBA. But according to Spurstalk we should blow up the team. Please please none of you ever get into front office management.

Link?

ElNono
12-23-2016, 01:54 AM

What's so bad about discussing a game... nobody in here said to blow it up, afaik...

Trainwreck2100
12-23-2016, 01:55 AM
But you get them in the bonus early, and you slow down the game when you were making a run. Play some defense instead..

he only did hack a dj once when they were in the bonus the next foul was aldrige doing it on purpose because he got the ball down low and was going to dunk it anyway

HI-FI
12-23-2016, 01:55 AM
What's so bad about discussing a game... nobody in here said to blow it up, afaik...
RobZ did several beers ago iirc.

ElNono
12-23-2016, 01:56 AM

Nobody takes Robz seriously though... :lol

Robz4000
12-23-2016, 01:57 AM

:lol No alcohol affecting my judgement this time. This is the most unlikeable Spurs team I've watched (possibly ever). Just about anything would be better than watching LMA cuck fade away 18 footers when guarded by PGs and Gasol fouls after being blown by on defense for the 35th time in a game.

SASdynasty!
In the game thread alone:

Trade Aldridge
Trade Parker
Trade Anderson

YGWHI
A bit of everything, tbh... but mostly what I thought was Pop's mismanagement tonight

Clippers without Griffin, and Paul in the whole 4th and Pop was still outcoached by Doc. AGAIN.

Robz4000
12-23-2016, 01:58 AM
Nobody takes Robz seriously though... :lol

:depressed

ElNono
12-23-2016, 01:58 AM

Trade Aldridge
Trade Parker
Trade Anderson

You go tell them in the game thread...

ElNono
12-23-2016, 01:59 AM
:depressed

You mah nig robz :lol

Trainwreck2100
12-23-2016, 01:59 AM

i did call parker fat though

spurtech09
12-23-2016, 02:00 AM
peanut thread

Hoops Czar
12-23-2016, 02:01 AM

:rollin

Oh hey, since you'll laugh at anything and we're on the subject of played out jokes that aren't even remotely funny, here's one? Why did the chicken cross the road?

ElNono
12-23-2016, 02:01 AM
i did call parker fat though

Damn

Robz4000
12-23-2016, 02:03 AM
Like I said, if this team was losing due to a lack of talent it wouldn't be that big of a deal like the 08-11 Spurs who were at least entertaining to watch, but losing with a roster like this (even with how terrible its constructed) and to do so with this style of play (Softridge, Gasoft, Kawhiso) just sucks the joy out of watching this team.

SASdynasty!
12-23-2016, 02:05 AM
You go tell them in the game thread...
No need, just correcting your misinfo

gambit1990
12-23-2016, 02:06 AM

Trade Aldridge
Trade Parker
Trade Anderson
talk about a dream trade :wow

Spurtacular
12-23-2016, 02:07 AM
Fathead doesn't even play on a lot of nights. The elephant in the room is Parker. He isn't a starter level player on a championship team.

Capt Bringdown
12-23-2016, 02:07 AM

Trade Aldridge
Trade Parker
Trade Anderson

Hotdamn, we've got one of those thought-police regulators. Make sure to submit your topics for approval.

ElNono
12-23-2016, 02:08 AM
No need, just correcting your misinfo

No misinfo, I clearly said 'in here'. You need a link?

NASpurs
12-23-2016, 02:09 AM
Oh hey, since you'll laugh at anything and we're on the subject of played out jokes that aren't even remotely funny, here's one? Why did the chicken cross the road?

Did this motherfucker just tell me what I can and can't laugh at? Fuck off with that shit faggot.

ElNono
12-23-2016, 02:17 AM
Fathead doesn't even play on a lot of nights. The elephant in the room is Parker. He isn't a starter level player on a championship team.

He's fighting Mano a Mano with Bertrans for mins though, I think. One night he plays decent, he doesn't see the floor again? He's not even really black, tbh..

SASdynasty!
12-23-2016, 02:32 AM
No misinfo, I clearly said 'in here'. You need a link?
Thought you meant in the forum, obv

SASdynasty!
12-23-2016, 02:33 AM
Hotdamn, we've got one of those thought-police regulators. Make sure to submit your topics for approval.
Might want to read the history to get the context...

SAGirl
12-23-2016, 03:36 AM
I thought this too. Left guys for too long who were struggling for example, and continued to call plays for them, then sat guys who seemed to be heating up in untimely fashion (I remember that with Pau for example, but there were others).

I thought he wanted to see certain guys execute some things and they failed. He just didn't adjust at all if someone was shitting. He only started making adjustments to lineups in the 4th and went to the wrong guys.

I suppose even in losses he learns things about guys.

But I am reminded of him stating guys needed to play better after that Bulls loss and participate in their own recovery.

/sigh

Again it was a prescripted to me in terms of things and guys he wanted to see. Which left him unprepared for adjustments in the 4th.

Hoops Czar
12-23-2016, 03:45 AM
Spurstalk doesn't want to admit that the elephant in the room is Kawhi. He's the team's superstar and he doesn't make the players around him better. He's Carmelo alright.

Darius Bieber
12-23-2016, 03:46 AM
The elephant in the room is Kawhi. He's the team's superstar and he doesn't make the players around him better.

I'd argue that he makes his teammates worse; they rely way too much on him.

spurs10
12-23-2016, 04:03 AM
Completely agree. We know Tony is a competitor but he lost the battle against Father Time a while ago, and Pau already has a few rings, but LMA lack of competitiveness is alarming, imo Yes LMA's "lack of competitiveness" has been very disturbing to me and still I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

SAGirl
12-23-2016, 04:06 AM
In reality perhaps the elephants are Tony, LMA and sometimes Pau, bc the bench players are clear roleplayers, those 3 have bigger roles and paid like that.

As.Harlem and Nono said the team is top heavy.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-23-2016, 04:15 AM
HAJ never works

YGWHI
12-23-2016, 04:26 AM
Spurstalk doesn't want to admit that the elephant in the room is Kawhi. He's the team's superstar and he doesn't make the players around him better. He's Carmelo alright.

KD makes his teammates better...But who are those teammates?

Curry, Klay, Dray...Kawhi? He has old Parker, old Manu, and LMA.

LeBron makes his teammates better...

But he plays along with a dominant scoring guard like Kyrie...Kawhi has Parker who's past his prime and score 2 points in 27 minutes against elite teams

Thompson a way better rim protector than Gasol.

And even when I don't think that Love is better than LMA, he's playing a lot better than LMA this season.

Three years ago, LeBron had Wade and Bosh.

Tim Duncan had two of the most dangerous offensive threats of those years in prime Parker and Manu, to help him. It was like to play with Lillard and Harden together on the floor. Kawhi? He has this current version of Parker and Danny.

Sure, those superstars make teammates better but also, all them have better supporting cast than Kawhi.

It's easier to make a guy look/play better when he's already better and more talented than Kawhi's teammates.

For the record, Paul 6 asts, Kawhi 5...And could have been 6-7 for those open looks he gave and teammates missed

Snaq O'Meal
12-23-2016, 04:40 AM
Clippers without Griffin, and Paul in the whole 4th and Pop was still outcoached by Doc. AGAIN.

Pop is Doc's bitch.

UZER
12-23-2016, 05:25 AM
Parker is a Role Player minus minus

Quadzilla99
12-23-2016, 05:29 AM

Roflmao

Horse
12-23-2016, 06:26 AM
The elephant is the fucking refs. Swung momentum on a play I've never seen in basketball. Then kept us in the penalty throughout the night.

spurspokesman
12-23-2016, 07:03 AM
I have been of the belief that Deron Williams would do well with the Spurs. Our guard play is near terrible, we need life in the back court, Patty has energy but he is not the answer.

Clipper Nation
12-23-2016, 08:38 AM

Clipper Nation
12-23-2016, 08:40 AM
Parker is a Role Player minus minus
Judging from his weight, he's more of a roll player.

Spurtacular
12-23-2016, 03:28 PM
He's fighting Mano a Mano with Bertrans for mins though, I think. One night he plays decent, he doesn't see the floor again? He's not even really black, tbh..

Well, tell Bertans to get more consistent, then.

apalisoc_9
12-23-2016, 03:32 PM
Aldridge is just about the size of an elephant so, Imo..its him.

Porker is more like a hippo.

Mugen
12-23-2016, 03:46 PM
:lol The lineups especially during midway through the 3rd last night were mind boggling....