PDA

View Full Version : To the ppl that think kawhi is the problem with this team...

duncan2k5
12-23-2016, 06:44 AM
F*ck off...you have an old, fat, diva pg that only passes to kawhi when he is either trapped, the clock is running out, or pop tells him to...u have the worst defensive big man in the NBA in gasoft, and Aldridge who clearly doesn't want to be here...kawhi can't even get into an offensive rhythm when parker is on the floor...yet he still hustles his butt off on defense... The only other ppl that show they want it as much as kawhi is Lee, Dedmon, Manu, Bertrans, Patty, and Murray....everyone else is trash...danny green keeps making horrible passes and dribbling into traffic...Simmons has potential, but he never shoots open shots, and keeps turning over the ball in traffic ibsteadbof driving hard to the rim and taking the shot...

Pop keeps outcoaching himself, and keeps running the offense through Aldridge instead of kawhi...mark my words...keep this up, and kawhi will leave...then we will REALLY be trash

JohnnyMax
12-23-2016, 07:37 AM
pg that only passes to kawhi when [...] pop tells him to

http://i.imgbox.com/hHooCE9u.gif

Chinook
12-23-2016, 08:01 AM
Kawhi is not the problem with this team. The offensive system, and the way it relates to Kawhi and the other players, is definitely the biggest problem. I almost blew a gasket from how many shitty long-twos the team took during the Clippers' runs.

BSfromTX
12-23-2016, 09:16 AM
F*ck off...you have an old, fat, diva pg that only passes to kawhi when he is either trapped, the clock is running out, or pop tells him to...u have the worst defensive big man in the NBA in gasoft, and Aldridge who clearly doesn't want to be here...kawhi can't even get into an offensive rhythm when parker is on the floor...yet he still hustles his butt off on defense... The only other ppl that show they want it as much as kawhi is Lee, Dedmon, Manu, Bertrans, Patty, and Murray....everyone else is trash...danny green keeps making horrible passes and dribbling into traffic...Simmons has potential, but he never shoots open shots, and keeps turning over the ball in traffic ibsteadbof driving hard to the rim and taking the shot...

Pop keeps outcoaching himself, and keeps running the offense through Aldridge instead of kawhi...mark my words...keep this up, and kawhi will leave...then we will REALLY be trash

one of the better takes in along time. Nice quick summarry

apalisoc_9
12-23-2016, 09:17 AM

Good post.

Will be funny seeing Kawhi win a ring with another team just because these losers wanted a loser like Aldridge get mpre touches :lol

MaNu4Tres
12-23-2016, 09:20 AM
Kawhi is not the problem with this team. The offensive system, and the way it relates to Kawhi and the other players, is definitely the biggest problem. I almost blew a gasket from how many shitty long-twos the team took during the Clippers' runs.

Yup. And that's going to be the frustrating offense vs. smart defensive teams. Kawhi has to try to do too much and I don't blame him. It's not Kawhis' fault, but at the same time Spurs won't go anywhere having him try to do too much offensively. He's not that type of scorer to manufacturer great looks.

Spurs know how to exploit dumb teams better than anyone to get their 55+ wins, but when it comes down to scoring against the best teams who are smart defensively, the Spurs struggle.

Clipper Nation
12-23-2016, 09:23 AM
OP is one of the elite posters upstairs, tbh. A true team fan, not a player fan. And their takes are spot-on.

apalisoc_9
12-23-2016, 09:25 AM
The thing is, the spurs don't have the players to play a different offensive system. The hope was that Aldridge would come in shape and play like a legit 1B similar to the March Aldridge last year but he came out of shape and look more pedestrian this year.

They're system is not even smart enough to run a simple Pin-Down for Kawhi...Really something they should be doing when he's getting swarmed by defenses in the post.

Chinook
12-23-2016, 09:41 AM
Again, the Spurs need to actually run plays to get looks for their other guys. It makes no sense that they keep running basic offense when their basic offense sucks. You don't have to call your best plays drawn up for critical moments. But just calling plays from the Zipper Series would be an improvement, especially if you tweak it by having Green or better yet Mills run it instead of Parker.

GSH
12-23-2016, 09:57 AM
I like your technique, though. "To the people that think Kawhi is the problem with this team... Fuck Off." That's been such an effective argument down through history.

To the people who think the Earth isn't the center of the universe... fuck off.
To the people who think that germs cause disease... fuck off.
To the people who think that the automobile will ever replace the horse... fuck off.

Very, very persuasive. :clap

Right or wrong, you're bound to win people over with that one.

dabom
12-23-2016, 10:02 AM
Still being a faggot. :lmao

GSH
12-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Still being a faggot. :lmao

To the people who think I'm a faggot... fuck off.

DarrinS
12-23-2016, 10:10 AM
The team needs to address the PG position at some point.

ElNono
12-23-2016, 10:11 AM
Frankly, if anybody remembers prime Duncan years (2002-2003, etc), that's what Pop is doing with Kawhi. We used to run 4-down every time down the court and let TD figure it out and the double teams started coming. I think Pop has been trying to establish that with Kawhi.

I don't think Pop really cares about the other guys scoring if he can't get that sorted out first, since the Spurs are just going to need a smarter Kawhi in due time.

I think what's annoying about this team is some guys that don't appear to care if we win or lose, tbh... just get their number and move on...

Chinook
12-23-2016, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure that four-down Duncan would work in today's NBA. I understand that Kawhi isn't posting up like that, but I think defenses continue to get smarter. Any offense that relies on getting hard double-teams to create looks is ridiculous in a modern context.

It's much easier and effective to force help and then have the off-ball guy move to create looks rather than having that off-ball guy stand still and wait until his guy commits. For bigs, it's easier to pass out of doubles, especially if they're good passers like Tim, because they can still see over most help defenders. Perimeter players don't have that luxury. If Pop wants to leverage Kawhi to get other people shots, Leonard's going to have to pass much earlier. By the time the double comes, it's too late. And he and the guys are going to have to figure out rules of where to move depending on what he's doing with the ball.

GSH
12-23-2016, 10:29 AM
Frankly, if anybody remembers prime Duncan years (2002-2003, etc), that's what Pop is doing with Kawhi. We used to run 4-down every time down the court and let TD figure it out and the double teams started coming. I think Pop has been trying to establish that with Kawhi.

I don't think Pop really cares about the other guys scoring if he can't get that sorted out first, since the Spurs are just going to need a smarter Kawhi in due time.

I think what's annoying about this team is some guys that don't appear to care if we win or lose, tbh... just get their number and move on...

Okay, you're being serious again. Pop said in a courtside interview last night that the next thing Kawhi needs to work on is how to handle the double team.

I don't think that Kawhi is "the problem" with this team. The team has morphed into something that is almost totally unlike any Spurs team in the Duncan/Pop era. The defense is shameful, and I don't see (or hear) guys with a clear understanding that it's defense first. On every single play. And, yeah, the two big men especially are casual as hell most of the time.

Kawhi isn't the problem - he's just not suited for the role that Pop is trying to put him in. Not yet, anyway. Likely not ever. If for no other reason than he's not big enough. Kawhi can dominate a game on the defensive end, and that makes the offense better. But he's just not going to dominate a game by himself on the defensive end. And I think it's ridiculous to expect him to. The results sort of speak for themselves.

I'm not sure that four-down Duncan would work in today's NBA. I understand that Kawhi isn't posting up like that, but I think defenses continue to get smarter. Any offense that relies on getting hard double-teams to create looks is ridiculous in a modern context.

Another good point. Although I remember just how good Timmy was when he was really in his prime. And if you didn't double him, he would absolutely destroy you himself. I think he could force the issue on today's NBA. But it would take someone that good, and big enough to operate in the low blocks.

ElNono
12-23-2016, 10:52 AM

It's much easier and effective to force help and then have the off-ball guy move to create looks rather than having that off-ball guy stand still and wait until his guy commits. For bigs, it's easier to pass out of doubles, especially if they're good passers like Tim, because they can still see over most help defenders. Perimeter players don't have that luxury. If Pop wants to leverage Kawhi to get other people shots, Leonard's going to have to pass much earlier. By the time the double comes, it's too late. And he and the guys are going to have to figure out rules of where to move depending on what he's doing with the ball.

It was ridiculous back then too, Timmy was just that good.

I think there's also other high-level building-a-foundation thing going on too there. The quiet star that's coachable, a gym rat, etc etc etc. Bigger picture.

Anyways, I don't think you're wrong in your appreciation on how this team might work better today, but I feel that's more of what's going on. Whether it will work out or not, we'll see.

TheGreatYacht
12-23-2016, 11:11 AM
Kawhi pumpers lmfao. Another game against Tom Rivers, another game shooting in the low 40's..... He's also becoming the biggest turnover machine on the team. Got his shit swiped by Chris Paul in transition :lol

lefty
12-23-2016, 11:28 AM
OP is one of the elite posters upstairs, tbh. A true team fan, not a player fan. And their takes are spot-on.
I agree tbh

Hoops Czar
12-23-2016, 11:43 AM

He just threw half the team under the bus and you're calling him a team fan? Smmfh.

12-23-2016, 12:23 PM
Leonard isn't a superstar offensive player that can lead a team to a championship. That's not a knock on him, there just aren't that many players in the league who can do that. Throw a double team or an elite defender on him and he cracks. He'll have to take ANOTHER step up and become an elite passer for him to reach that level, which he can still develop in the next few years. Spurs can still win without Leonard reaching that level though if they didn't have 2 starters who are absolute liabilities on defense in today's NBA and an "all-star" that can't even get back in time on offense.

KobeOwnsDuncan
12-23-2016, 01:53 PM

Little twink ass nigga posting as a Spurfan lol

sasaint
12-23-2016, 02:00 PM

I have been warning of this possibility for a few weeks. Listless performances by the team like last night (and the Tony/Kawhi dynamic) make me a little concerned that there may already be some discord in the locker room. I have never heard of Kawhi's demanding anything. I wonder what he thinks about diva teammates who refuse to play center or who demand to start...