PDA

View Full Version : Spurs would've gotten blown out if Blake Griffin played

JohnnyMax
12-23-2016, 10:03 AM
There is more to this than Clippers simply being a bad matchup.

Chinook
12-23-2016, 10:11 AM
No there isn't.

SAGirl
12-23-2016, 11:00 AM
I don't know what you meant but they already were blown out at home when Griffin played. Lamarcus was terrible then too.

sananspursfan21
12-23-2016, 12:14 PM
You can't say that with full confidence. Say Griffin played, he would be taking shots and possessions away from CP3, Jordan, Crawford, Reddick, etc. Now say Blake had a bad shooting night. 2-13, feeling sluggish so he wasn't taking it to the rim much. Spurs win :downspin:

SpurPadre
12-23-2016, 12:46 PM
The concern for me is that this Spurs team should've matched up better with the Clippers than the last couple of seasons based on our recent additions but the results on the court are worse.

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's better than TOSB Pierce & Bass.:lol

cjw
12-23-2016, 01:37 PM
CP3 is playing out of his mind right now, but that's to be expected. Inexcusable to let guys like Felton go off.

If this series happens, not to beat a dead horse, but Kawhi will need to take over and force the Clippers to have to play a bigger wing to guard him. If they're able to keep Paul, Crawford, Redick, etc. on the floor in trios, the Spurs are at a disadvantage.

Harry Callahan
12-23-2016, 01:42 PM
The Clippers will not be able to maintain the depth of the roster. Most of their team is on a very short time frame contract wise. They will screw it up very soon.

The Clipps are a one year proposition - they are good. They may have a Dallas like fluke run THIS year, but that's about it.

The Spurs are actually trying to rebuild on the run without high draft picks again, and they have done a lot of good things with the roster getting younger.

Denmon, Bartans, Murray, even Lee have a chance to be good rotation/bench guys.

This is a work in process much more than in prior years. We'll see what happens, but I like a lot of things I see.

I don't like the lack of defensive intensity (mostly by Gasol and Parker - LMA to a lesser extent).

spurs10
12-23-2016, 01:48 PM
We play them two more times. Hopefully we will improve. I think we went 0-4 against the Thunderefs in 2014.