PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi deserves better

RD2191
12-23-2016, 03:07 PM
I truly hope Kawhi's prime years aren't spent surrounded by trash, chokers, scrubs, and fat players. He deserves better just like Tim deserved better.

dabom
12-23-2016, 03:09 PM
We need 2 way players. Or atleast 1.5 players. :lol

dabom
12-23-2016, 03:10 PM
We have a no defense pg who can't score anymore. :lol

dabom
12-23-2016, 03:11 PM
We have a no dribble sg who is liable to disappear on defense and offense. :lol

TheGreatYacht
12-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Spurs deserve a better first option against a Tom Rivers-led team

dabom
We have a fat out of shape power forward that is gonna get 20 and 10 but is gonna score inefficiently and can't seem to change his game depending on the matchups. :lol

sasaint
I truly hope Kawhi's prime years aren't spent surrounded by trash, chokers, scrubs, and fat players. He deserved better just like Tim deserved better.

Spurs have already embarked on that course. The only thing that can alter that now is for PATFO to do something uncharacteristically bold. I am just hoping that Kawhi proves as loyal as Duncan. (But even Duncan had to resist the Orlando temptation.)

dabom
12-23-2016, 03:14 PM
We have a no defense walking stiff center that again, is gonna score inefficiently and stall the offense. :lol

SAGirl
12-23-2016, 03:15 PM
I truly hope Kawhi's prime years aren't spent surrounded by trash, chokers, scrubs, and fat players. He deserves better just like Tim deserved better.
You forgot to mention surrounded by some TOSB players as well.

TheGreatYacht
12-23-2016, 03:19 PM
I truly hope Kawhi's prime years aren't spent surrounded by trash, chokers, scrubs, and fat players.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/dam/assets/151203223203-0021500280-sas-mem-anderson-injury-00001625.main-video-player.jpg

spursistan
12-23-2016, 03:27 PM
If this shit continues until 2019 Kawhi may have every reason to refuse a max extension and bolt to LA to play in front of his home state fans, tbh....

apalisoc_9
12-23-2016, 03:29 PM
I've been saying for two years now, Once Kawhi gets the opportunity..He's going to bolt.

He's sacrifising way too much individual numbers to play with the likes of Porker/Gasol/Aldridge.

He didnt have much negotioation room as a RFA...

spursistan
12-23-2016, 03:39 PM
I've been saying for two years now, Once Kawhi gets the opportunity..He's going to bolt.

He's sacrifising way too much individual numbers to play with the likes of Porker/Gasol/Aldridge.

He didnt have much negotioation room as a RFA...

PATFO would be foolish to take him for granted..Leonard is from LA , grew up as Laker fan, and there won't anything going for this team once Poop retires in 2020..He would be the missing piece for them when he can opt out in 2019..Also Jerry West said he's his favorite player, I'm already shitting my pants at the thought of him making that call to recruit him for the Dubs :lol..

spursistan
12-23-2016, 03:47 PM
Spurs have already embarked on that course. The only thing that can alter that now is for PATFO to do something uncharacteristically bold. I am just hoping that Kawhi proves as loyal as Duncan. (But even Duncan had to resist the Orlando temptation.)

Really doesn't bode well that Pop had to be talked into trading Hill for what will become Kawhi by Bud..

Joseph Kony
12-23-2016, 03:49 PM
lol and neckbeards on ST claim CP3 wouldn't be a good pickup next season :lol

RD2191
12-23-2016, 04:14 PM
lol and neckbeards on ST claim CP3 wouldn't be a good pickup next season :lol
Tbh

ElNono
12-23-2016, 04:22 PM
Gotta convince Manu to stay a couple more years, tbh

Spurtacular
12-23-2016, 04:31 PM
Safe space poster trying to start something with all his socks. Four letters though: STFU

K...
12-23-2016, 04:32 PM
No Dirk deserves better. Kawhi is a team leader, top 5 guy on a team that's top 5. Boo hoo.

David Robison deserves better.

Charles Barkley deserves better.

Kawhi isn't nearly better than those guys. So tough

Y'all act like Kawhi is some top 20 all time talent. He ain't. He's a hof lock 27th one ring but he's in the general pack of greats.

cd98
12-23-2016, 04:39 PM
No Dirk deserves better. Kawhi is a team leader, top 5 guy on a team that's top 5. Boo hoo.

David Robison deserves better.

Charles Barkley deserves better.

Kawhi isn't nearly better than those guys. So tough

Y'all act like Kawhi is some top 20 all time talent. He ain't. He's a hof lock 27th one ring but he's in the general pack of greats.

He's a top talent for his current generation. That's all that matters.

daslicer
12-23-2016, 04:50 PM
Tim Duncan was a once a life time player while guy like Kawhi is a dime a dozen. I felt every year the Spurs didn't win a championship with Duncan was a lost year. I also felt if Duncan had talent around him that the spurs were a lock to win the championship. I just don't get the same feeling with Kawhi. If Kawhi bolts FA I won't be sweating any bullets over it. Yes his departure would make the spurs a lottery team but it won't feel as painful for me as it did for Magic and Cavs fans when Lebron and Shaq left. Those fans knew they lost out on multiple titles. Even if the Spurs surround Kawhi with talent the best they can do with him is probably win 1 championship and even that will be a fluke type of run just like the '04 Pistons and '11 Mavs.

daslicer
12-23-2016, 04:52 PM
If this shit continues until 2019 Kawhi may have every reason to refuse a max extension and bolt to LA to play in front of his home state fans, tbh....

Hopefully you will also bolt with him and become a Laker fan along with the rest of the clowns on this forum who are on his nuts.

RD2191
12-23-2016, 04:58 PM
Dime a dozen? :lol how many rings does KD have? Harden? fuck outta here.

TXstbobcat
12-23-2016, 04:58 PM
Leonard has already been to the finals twice, has a championship ring, and a finals MVP award. A lot of players would give anything to have the kind of success that Leonard has had this early in his career.

daslicer
12-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Dime a dozen? :lol how many rings does KD have? Harden? fuck outta here.

:lol How many rings would KD and Harden would have won had they got to play with Duncan?

Benoit
12-23-2016, 05:01 PM
lmao such homers

Hes a good player, sometimes great but gets exposed any time hes up against a great team in a big game

He got outplayed by Matt Barnes in a playoff series LMAO

He didnt even show up against OKC in the biggest games

You cant build a team around him as your #1 option, he isnt Kobe or Steph or KD. I wouldnt even take him over Klay either

He doesnt make his teammates better like you guys had when tony parker was running the offense

Benoit
12-23-2016, 05:02 PM
Jim Duncan is the most overrated player ever but at least he was a great system player

Autist is just a good system player and great role player like the dubs had with Iggy a few seasons ago or like shawn marion

daslicer
12-23-2016, 05:02 PM
Leonard has already been to the finals twice, has a championship ring, and a finals MVP award. A lot of players would give anything to have the kind of success that Leonard has had this early in his career.

He did all of that with Tim Duncan.

RD2191
12-23-2016, 05:07 PM
How many rings did drob have before he got a top 10 player of all time to play next to him?

RD2191
12-23-2016, 05:07 PM
And?

RD2191
12-23-2016, 05:08 PM
What was Tim doing after 07 and before Kawhi?

TXstbobcat
12-23-2016, 05:12 PM

Would Timmy have his 5th title in 2014 without Leonard??????

daslicer
12-23-2016, 05:13 PM
How many rings did drob have before he got a top 10 player of all time to play next to him?

:lol Proving my point of how Duncan was a special player. Anyways if you want to play this game here it goes. Drob at least got to the WCF pre-Duncan. Kawhi has yet to do that.

TXstbobcat
12-23-2016, 05:14 PM

getting knocked out of the playoffs. Without Leonard, Timmy doesn't get back to the finals to get ring #5.

daslicer
12-23-2016, 05:15 PM

He made it to several more all-star games and made several all NBA teams. Also he was dealing with terrible shot up knee after '08 but adjusted pretty well which is something bandwagon fan like you wouldn't know since you have only been a fan since '13.

TXstbobcat
12-23-2016, 05:16 PM
:lol Proving my point of how Duncan was a special player. Anyways if you want to play this game here it goes. Drob at least got to the WCF pre-Duncan. Kawhi has yet to do that.

How could Leonard get to the WCF without Timmy???? This is the 1st season since he retired.

RD2191
12-23-2016, 05:16 PM
getting knocked out of the playoffs. Without Leonard, Timmy doesn't get back to the finals to get ring #5.Truth bomb

daslicer
12-23-2016, 05:17 PM
getting knocked out of the playoffs. Without Leonard, Timmy doesn't get back to the finals to get ring #5.

Yeah and he still has 4 rings while Kawhi has zero if he never plays with Duncan. Kawhi was not a franchise player on that '14 team. That team was very much like the '04 Pistons which is you had several players that were very good but there was no clear cut number 1 go to guy.

TXstbobcat
12-23-2016, 05:21 PM
Yeah and he still has 4 rings while Kawhi has zero if he never plays with Duncan. Kawhi was not a franchise player on that '14 team. That team was very much like the '04 Pistons which is you had several players that were very good but there was no clear cut number 1 go to guy.

Timmy is a once-in-a-lifetime player And I am grateful for the chance to have watched him play for the spurs his whole career, but that doesn't mean that we can't appreciate everything and Leonard has accomplished early in his career.
We don't know what Leonard can and can't accomplish without Duncan yet because this is the first year for the Spurs without Timmy.

daslicer
12-23-2016, 05:24 PM
How could Leonard get to the WCF without Timmy???? This is the 1st season since he retired.

If we are being honest here Tim was a walking corpse in the playoffs. He was a non factor. So to me that really was Kawhi's first playoff run without Duncan and he failed miserably. We can have this argument all day. I just don't find Kawhi to be a special player. He's a very good player and if he wins another championship it will probably be with another team as a third option in a James Worthy type of role or KG in '08.

TXstbobcat
12-23-2016, 05:31 PM
If we are being honest here Tim was a walking corpse in the playoffs. He was a non factor. So to me that really was Kawhi's first playoff run without Duncan and he failed miserably. We can have this argument all day. I just don't find Kawhi to be a special player. He's a very good player and if he wins another championship it will probably be with another team as a third option in a James Worthy type of role or KG in '08.

I certainly respect your opinion but I hope that you are wrong and that we have a few more chances to raise another championship banner in the AT&T Center.

Clipper Nation
12-23-2016, 05:53 PM
We need 2 way players. Or atleast 1.5 players. :lol
Porker is a two-way player. He sucks on both offense and defense.

daslicer
12-23-2016, 05:56 PM
I certainly respect your opinion but I hope that you are wrong and that we have a few more chances to raise another championship banner in the AT&T Center.

I felt after the Spurs won in '14 that anything afterwards was house money. Championships are very very hard to win in this league. It's very rare you see a team win a championship without having a top 3 player. The exceptions I can name of in the last 30 plus years is the 80's Pistons, '04 Pistons,'14 Spurs, some would say '11 Mavs but Dirk was the best player in the playoffs during that run. It is because of knowing this I'm always thankful for the 5 championships that are hanging up in AT&T center. If the Spurs never win a title again in my life I will be ok granted I hope to see another one but those 5 titles will last me a life time. For the younger fans who missed out on all the championships except '14 it will suck for them. Currently right now I take every win and loss with a grain of salt considering the Spurs are not the favorites to win it all. Currently there is a chance in hell the spurs could win it all but now it's a uphill battle since they no longer have the best player in the league on their team like they did from '99-'07.

It was fun competing every year for championships with Duncan but it was also stressful because everybody knew we had limited time to win as many titles as possible with a once in a lifetime talent. I bet you Cleveland,Golden State fans are feeling that stress right now. All I can tell spur fans is to take solace that there is no longer any pressure to win and just enjoy the team the way it is. If they are terrible in the playoffs I'm sure Pop and RC will make changes and we will go from there.

SuperCam
12-23-2016, 06:43 PM
kiwi can't complain until he starts winning his playoff matchups against scrub tier matt barnes and andre roberson level players

m'bah m'oute going at that ass now, smh :bang

TheGreatYacht
12-23-2016, 07:02 PM
kiwi can't complain until he starts winning his playoff matchups against scrub tier matt barnes and andre roberson level players

:wow :wow :wow :wow

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 07:05 PM
Spurs deserve a better first option against a Tom Rivers-led team

Maybe LeBron from '08 or '10......my bad, that didn't work out so well until PEAK Wade got him over the hump in '11:

9BEkYFM4S9c

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 07:18 PM

nXWLoxyY9u0

ZE5NUJzEwAA

100%duncan
12-23-2016, 11:19 PM
Old fans disgust me tbh. They would do everything for nostalgia :lol

RD2191
11-14-2018, 11:16 PM

:wakeup fuck patfo tbh