PDA

View Full Version : DAVID ROBINSON MAKES THE FAT-ASS (SHAQ) HIS BITCH. - MARCH 3, 1995

Silver&Black Warrior
12-23-2016, 08:40 PM
THIS IS FOR ANYONE WHO SAYS DAVID WAS SOFT AND WAS SCARED OF THE FAT ASS. THIS IS FOR ANYONE WHO SAYS SHAQ WAS THE "MOST DOMINANT" CENTER OF HIS ERA. THIS IS WHAT SHAQ WAS BEFORE DAVID STERN STARTED COPULATING AND SWALLOWING THE FAT ASS EVERY NIGHT. THERE ARE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO VIEW THIS VIDEO AND SAY "WELL, HE HAD 36 POINTS". THOSE WHO ARE EDUCATED WILL UNDERSTAND THAT THESE ARE EMPTY POINTS AND HIS OVERALL IMPACT WAS TOTALLY ANNIHILATED BY DAVID'S MVP LEVEL OF PLAY. HAD THE SPURS PLAYED THIS WAY JUST 2 MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD IN GAME 1 AGAINST THE ROCKETS WE WOULD BE TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH WE LOVE AND REMEMBER ALL OF OUR 6 CHAMPIONSHIPS. ANYBODY WHO DISAGREES IS A DISGRACE TO THE GAME OF BASKETBALL AND TO HUMANITY AS A WHOLE.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cGVywRKqoUg

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 09:19 PM
Shaq ends Robinson's prime:

ztvmf228wvQ

Silver&Black Warrior
12-23-2016, 09:32 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw

...FOR THE EDUCATED

ElNono
12-23-2016, 09:43 PM
ok

gospursgojas
12-24-2016, 04:41 AM
I was at that game behind the curtain. Shaq and penny were a huge ticket back then.

cd98
12-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Can't conclude the match up on one regular season game or one dunk in an all star game.

Spur bias aside, Robinson got the better of Shaq early in Shaq's career when David was in his prime, but overall Shaq dominated David in Shaq's prime and Shaq had a better career. That doesn't mean David isn't a great player, just that I'd rank him behind Shaq.

sananspursfan21
12-24-2016, 11:25 AM
http://static.thefrisky.com/uploads/2015/10/CAPS-DAY.jpg

Phenomanul
12-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Can't conclude the match up on one regular season game or one dunk in an all star game.

Spur bias aside, Robinson got the better of Shaq early in Shaq's career when David was in his prime, but overall Shaq dominated David in Shaq's prime and Shaq had a better career. That doesn't mean David isn't a great player, just that I'd rank him behind Shaq.

Shaq's prime coincided with Robinson's back injuries... I wouldn't put too much stock in his "dominance" given that context... even in the linked vid, Shaq was allowed to get away with murder against opposing centers... Stern's "Jordan" rules were inexplicably applied to Shaq for a greater part of his career... well perhaps not inexplicably - as money ruled $tern$ deci$ion$.

Robinson started playing in the NBA at a very late age... His win shares per 48 minutes are better than Shaq's as is his RPM. In fact David's per 48 win share ratio is 3rd all-time sitting 0.0003 behind Michael Jordan's average. He will likely still end-up at No. 2 all-time (Chris Paul heads the list, but his post-prime years have yet to be factored into his averages - when that happens Paul's average will fall).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ws_per_48_career.html

David's defensive abilities were better than Shaq's, his outside game was better than Shaq's, his free-throw% was better than Shaq's... Shaq's go-to move the "bulldozer" was likely more important than any of David's but frankly, that move should've been called as an offensive foul more than half the time.

Silver&Black Warrior
12-25-2016, 12:04 AM
Shaq's prime coincided with Robinson's back injuries... I wouldn't put too much stock in his "dominance" given that context... even in the linked vid, Shaq was allowed to get away with murder against opposing centers... Stern's "Jordan" rules were inexplicably applied to Shaq for a greater part of his career... well perhaps not inexplicably - as money ruled $tern$ deci$ion$.

Robinson started playing in the NBA at a very late age... His win shares per 48 minutes are better than Shaq's as is his RPM. In fact David's per 48 win share ratio is 3rd all-time sitting 0.0003 behind Michael Jordan's average. He will likely still end-up at No. 2 all-time (Chris Paul heads the list, but his post-prime years have yet to be factored into his averages - when that happens Paul's average will fall).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ws_per_48_career.html

David's defensive abilities were better than Shaq's, his outside game was better than Shaq's, his free-throw% was better than Shaq's... Shaq's go-to move the "bulldozer" was likely more important than any of David's but frankly, that move should've been called as an offensive foul more than half the time.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! PREACH IT MY BROTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!:bobo

Arcadian
12-25-2016, 02:59 AM
Shaq ends Robinson's prime:

ztvmf228wvQ

:lol I was there in the nosebleeds as a little kid. I remember my dad talking about how Shaq destroyed our best player on his home court.

cd98
12-25-2016, 11:18 AM
I always was a Robinson homer, but Shaq was better in his prime than Robinson was in his. Robinson had great games against Shaq when Shaq was young, but Shaq had great games too. Spurstalk always plays up Timmy bc of his titles, well Shaq had a three year run where he was unstoppable and bulled his way to 3 titles. You can say he charged. He gave, but he also got pounded. Just like David was a freak with speed of a guard at 7 ft, Shaq was a freak in his size, frame, and ability to move. I hated Shaq during that era, but in retrospect I have to give him his due.

Sean Cagney
12-25-2016, 04:58 PM

True.....

Silver&Black Warrior
12-25-2016, 07:54 PM
I always was a Robinson homer, but Shaq was better in his prime than Robinson was in his. Robinson had great games against Shaq when Shaq was young, but Shaq had great games too. Spurstalk always plays up Timmy bc of his titles, well Shaq had a three year run where he was unstoppable and bulled his way to 3 titles. You can say he charged. He gave, but he also got pounded. Just like David was a freak with speed of a guard at 7 ft, Shaq was a freak in his size, frame, and ability to move. I hated Shaq during that era, but in retrospect I have to give him his due.

SHAQ HAD some BASKETBALL ABILITY. BUT THIS WAS AMPLIFIED BY THE WAY HE WAS OFFICIATED DUE TO THE LEAGUES AGENDA. NO OTHER PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY OR THE HISTORY OF SPORTS WAS AIDED BY OFFICIATING IN THE WAY THAT SHAQ WAS.

cd98
12-25-2016, 09:35 PM
SHAQ HAD some BASKETBALL ABILITY. BUT THIS WAS AMPLIFIED BY THE WAY HE WAS OFFICIATED DUE TO THE LEAGUES AGENDA. NO OTHER PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY OR THE HISTORY OF SPORTS WAS AIDED BY OFFICIATING IN THE WAY THAT SHAQ WAS.

But you'd have to admit there's never been anyone at his size with his mobility. Sure he got away with charges (same w lots of players). But sometimes he got called for charges bc guys flopped. He was tough to officiate, but that shouldn't take away from his dominance. It's not like every shot he took was a charge. And to be honest, a vast majority of the players in the NBA are not there bc they had the most basketball skills, they are there bc they are incredible athletes with enough basketball skills. TBH, if you took a foot off Robinson, he wouldn't have been good enough to be in the NBA. He always relied on his height and speed. It's not like he was a good enough shooter if he was 6'1.

Blackjack
12-25-2016, 09:52 PM
THIS IS FOR ANYONE WHO SAYS DAVID WAS SOFT AND WAS SCARED OF THE FAT ASS. THIS IS FOR ANYONE WHO SAYS SHAQ WAS THE "MOST DOMINANT" CENTER OF HIS ERA. THIS IS WHAT SHAQ WAS BEFORE DAVID STERN STARTED COPULATING AND SWALLOWING THE FAT ASS EVERY NIGHT. THERE ARE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO VIEW THIS VIDEO AND SAY "WELL, HE HAD 36 POINTS". THOSE WHO ARE EDUCATED WILL UNDERSTAND THAT THESE ARE EMPTY POINTS AND HIS OVERALL IMPACT WAS TOTALLY ANNIHILATED BY DAVID'S MVP LEVEL OF PLAY. HAD THE SPURS PLAYED THIS WAY JUST 2 MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD IN GAME 1 AGAINST THE ROCKETS WE WOULD BE TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH WE LOVE AND REMEMBER ALL OF OUR 6 CHAMPIONSHIPS. ANYBODY WHO DISAGREES IS A DISGRACE TO THE GAME OF BASKETBALL AND TO HUMANITY AS A WHOLE.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cGVywRKqoUg

Thanks for the link. Hadn't seen the tape, actually one of the handful of games I saw live. Great memory. :toast

UZER
12-25-2016, 10:20 PM
First off....Vinny :lol

Second, David hurt his back that summer or next and was never the same. That coincided with Shaq moving from the little finesse he had to gaining 20 lbs and being able to just physically bull through defenders.

Thirdly, where has all the post game gone. :cry

Silver&Black Warrior
12-26-2016, 05:30 AM
But you'd have to admit there's never been anyone at his size with his mobility. Sure he got away with charges (same w lots of players). But sometimes he got called for charges bc guys flopped. He was tough to officiate, but that shouldn't take away from his dominance. It's not like every shot he took was a charge. And to be honest, a vast majority of the players in the NBA are not there bc they had the most basketball skills, they are there bc they are incredible athletes with enough basketball skills. TBH, if you took a foot off Robinson, he wouldn't have been good enough to be in the NBA. He always relied on his height and speed. It's not like he was a good enough shooter if he was 6'1.

I understand what you're saying regarding the fact that it's the physical gifts that separate NBA players from the rest of us, and then the great ones from the average pros. I just don't agree that Shaq's gifts were enough to separate him from Robinson's gifts and that the result of common and mainstream perception regarding Robinson among his contemporaries has been greatly molded by the shenanigans of the league. There are guys on the courts of NY, Chicago, and your local rec center who have AMAZING basketball skills, but they don't have the right combination of size strength and speed to be able to get to the NBA. I definitely agree on this point.

Silver&Black Warrior
12-26-2016, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the link. Hadn't seen the tape, actually one of the handful of games I saw live. Great memory. :toast

Very glad you were able to see this. I am always looking for full games from the pre-Duncan part of Robinson's career. There are people online that sell games on dvd from this time period but I am a glutton for instant gratification by way of Youtube. One of my main regrets in life is that I never got to see David play live. I will carry this burden for the rest of my life. You are greatly privileged to have watched one of the greatest of all time in person! WOW! I will keep digging for more videos! :toast