PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Richard Jeffersons technical for winking at Durant

Fabbs
12-26-2016, 04:39 PM
Will the NBA / Sternfish Jr. rescind it?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18349630/richard-jefferson-cleveland-cavaliers-little-bit-surprised-technical-foul-winking-kevin-durant

If the NBA does not, can you imagine the precedent it sets?
"Staring down or winking at a Warrior Twink will now be a technical foul."

Spurtacular
12-26-2016, 06:24 PM
I don't think it's for the wink; it's for the stare down. And the NBA has been consistent about this. Poor reporting by ESPN based on what you present, as I have not read the article.

99 Problems
12-26-2016, 06:48 PM
I don't like the sanitising of OUR game. This is NOT tennis where you sit on ya merry michael and have to be silent when someone serves. Sanitised sports like golf and tennis have their place but this is ball where the finest physical athletes on the planet go into battle. This sanitising rubbish is creeping into junior ball as well with refs calling intimidation for minor shite. It does nothing for the sport nor the image of those officiating.

Fabbs
12-26-2016, 08:42 PM
I don't think it's for the wink; it's for the stare down. And the NBA has been consistent about this. Poor reporting by ESPN based on what you present, as I have not read the article.
Meh I originally was going to put "stare down" in the title.
Really, stare downs are consistently techs?

At any rate I did not see the wink on the t.v. nor hear about the wink until the BSPN article.
Twinks and winks.
:lol todays NBA

I would say the NBA is doing this to avoid anything that would lead up to another Malice in the Palace.
But then there's the Gaymond Green kicks that go unpunished.

Fabbs
12-26-2016, 08:46 PM
I don't like the sanitising of OUR game. This is NOT tennis where you sit on ya merry michael and have to be silent when someone serves. Sanitised sports like golf and tennis have their place but this is ball where the finest physical athletes on the planet go into battle. This sanitising rubbish is creeping into junior ball as well with refs calling intimidation for minor shite. It does nothing for the sport nor the image of those officiating.
Nicely said.

Chris
12-26-2016, 08:46 PM
Kyrie said he would pay for it

Spurtacular
12-26-2016, 09:26 PM
Meh I originally was going to put "stare down" in the title.
Really, stare downs are consistently techs?

At any rate I did not see the wink on the t.v. nor hear about the wink until the BSPN article.
Twinks and winks.
:lol todays NBA

I would say the NBA is doing this to avoid anything that would lead up to another Malice in the Palace.
But then there's the Gaymond Green kicks that go unpunished.

Yes. It's been announced that players can posture for the crowd after dunks in lieu of stare downs. That's why stare downs are rare. Dick knew he was going to get a T for that. It's not a secret. And this is why you see players consistently look to the crowd and not at the player they dunked on. Some will look at the player as they bob their head toward the crowd as sort of a loophole. But if they fixate their head on the player it's pretty much a tech every time.

lefty
12-26-2016, 10:11 PM
I'm sure RJ was only hitting on Kevin

Arcadian
12-26-2016, 10:47 PM
Dick knew he was going to get a T for that. It's not a secret.

:lol And they still won the game. They were down 12 when he did that. The fact that he had the confidence to do that, knowing he was giving them a point, makes the Warriors look like a bunch of little bitches. Punk'd.

Spurtacular
12-26-2016, 10:53 PM
:lol And they still won the game. They were down 12 when he did that. The fact that he had the confidence to do that, knowing he was giving them a point, makes the Warriors look like a bunch of little bitches. Punk'd.

:lol

Not sure it was that much a matter of calculated confidence. Dick probably hates that KD gets paid what he does (way more than what he ever got). Not to mention how many posterizations does he do any more? The fact that the 36 year old did it to KD and Klay was the biggest bitching of all, imo. Shows how much they miss Bogut.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Jefferson totally circumcised Durant

SpursforSix
12-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Yes. It's been announced that players can posture for the crowd after dunks in lieu of stare downs. That's why stare downs are rare. Dick knew he was going to get a T for that. It's not a secret. And this is why you see players consistently look to the crowd and not at the player they dunked on. Some will look at the player as they bob their head toward the crowd as sort of a loophole. But if they fixate their head on the player it's pretty much a tech every time.

Ridiculous. What they need to do in those situations is stop the game and ask the other player if was offended by the staring or winking. If he wasn't, then just continue the game. If he was offended, then he has to be the one to shoot the T.

Thebesteva
12-27-2016, 04:57 PM
By todays standards that's clearly a tech. I miss the era where you could do that stuff but today's NBA wont allow it.

SpursforSix
12-27-2016, 04:58 PM
By todays standards that's clearly a tech. I miss the era where you could do that stuff but today's NBA wont allow it.

For real. Jeezus...he gets a tech for winking at Durant. He'd get a 10 game suspension for what he did to Walton.

Mnky
12-28-2016, 12:41 AM
Durant is now carrying Jefferson's love child.

phxspurfan
12-28-2016, 11:52 PM
Kyrie said he would pay for it

Thats awesome

buttsR4rebounding
12-29-2016, 11:38 AM
I'm sure RJ was only hitting on Kevin

Memories...