PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Rebuilding process..

spursistan
12-28-2016, 11:04 PM
Can't remember a rebuild bungled the Phoenix did it to themselves..How the hell you go from 48-win team a couple of years ago with bunch of assets to a lowly bottom feeder stuck with mediocrity for the foreseeable future?

Truly amusing level of front office incompetence...

spursistan
12-28-2016, 11:09 PM
Also remember the Devon Booker hype last season :lol..

apalisoc_9
12-28-2016, 11:10 PM
They got desperate. Thomas was traded for scraps. Signed Chandler for a shitty contract...And they doubled up on the desperation and traded for Brandon Knight.

They don't seem to know how to construct an NBA team.

spursistan
12-28-2016, 11:19 PM
They got desperate. Thomas was traded for scraps. Signed Chandler for a shitty contract...And they doubled up on the desperation and traded for Brandon Knight.

They don't seem to know how to construct an NBA team.

When you don't get lucky in the draft with a franchise player or even someone with Top 15 player potential, it becomes tricky..see Orlando Magic for another rebuild going south..

ElNono
12-28-2016, 11:22 PM
to be fair they bet the farm on getting LMA and it didn't pan out. They would look a lot different if they would have landed him, IMO

Mr. Body
12-28-2016, 11:24 PM
They mismanaged nearly every asset they had. When did they get rid of Hornacek? Did him a favor.

Mitch
12-28-2016, 11:28 PM
Thread is loving this shit

Thread
12-28-2016, 11:30 PM
^Exactly. Even Media smells the shit, but, won't state it. They just dance like mad men. GIGO. And everybody knows it.

Big shots.

Thread
12-28-2016, 11:33 PM
to be fair they bet the farm on getting LMA and it didn't pan out. They would look a lot different if they would have landed him, IMO

If you say that again I'm goin' to pull my hair out, you horse's patoot, you. LMA was never going anywhere aside from you guys. Get that thru your cement head. The only reason he flirted here was because Knight's agent is LMA's agent and he did the Suns a favor. "Hang around here for awhile, then go to LA and shit all over 'em."

"Done." - LMA

Fabbs
12-28-2016, 11:33 PM
meh crappy organization with zero development skills.

I would still trade Parker and two new mumus for Dale for Booker in a heartbeat. :lol That was a joke. Even PHX is not that retarded.
Upside for years to come.

Thread
12-28-2016, 11:35 PM

And he got a balloon head because Media, especially local Media blubbered all over him. "I wouldn't even trade him for LeBron. I really wouldn't. I know that sounds insane, but, it makes sense. Let me explain..."

Big shots.

Thread
12-28-2016, 11:36 PM
meh crappy organization with zero development skills.

I would still trade Parker and two new mumus for Dale for Booker in a heartbeat. :lol That was a joke. Even PHX is not that retarded.
Upside for years to come.

A mumu for the upcoming Summer would be swell, Fabbs.

ElNono
12-28-2016, 11:45 PM
If you say that again I'm goin' to pull my hair out, you horse's patoot, you. LMA was never going anywhere aside from you guys. Get that thru your cement head. The only reason he flirted here was because Knight's agent is LMA's agent and he did the Suns a favor. "Hang around here for awhile, then go to LA and shit all over 'em."

"Done." - LMA

Supposedly LMA and Chandler are butt buddies, kinda like you and Kool, tbh...

Thread
12-29-2016, 04:08 AM
Supposedly LMA and Chandler are butt buddies, kinda like you and Kool, tbh...

Sticks & stones may break my bones, but, Trump is President.

buttsR4rebounding
12-29-2016, 11:41 AM
Sticks & stones may break my bones, but, Trump is President.

so all is well.

Thread
12-29-2016, 02:40 PM
so all is well.

Like shaved pussy.

JMarkJohns
12-30-2016, 11:00 AM
There aren't more than 10-15 players drafted in the last 3 drafts I'd rather have than Devin Booker. He has incredible upside. And Chris's and Bender show flashes, but are still very raw. Warren can't stay healthy, but can put up 20 points in no time when healthy.

But Len is lost. Lost in the shorty thing they call offense. Lost in the shuffle. Maybe lost to free agency without truly knowing what you have.

They already did absolutely shit with Goodwin. Didn't do shit, didn't get shit.

Ulis is Ulis. He's a beloved gimmick with actual game but unknown/unlikely impact. Stauture is his biggest issue. He's good. But can you win with him?

From there, everyone is old or paid 70 million to lose.

So, like was asked, What the Hell Happened?

Well, Sarver happened. What is the singular constant to every Gold turned to shit movement with the Suns? From JJ to Dragic... Sarver.

McD lost his mind. He thought the 48-wins amidst injury was a sign they were close. Went all in. Fucked up. Along the way he likely stunted development of his baby, Len. His first draft pick. The guy he scouted in Europe. His darling. He brought in Chandler over him. He signed three point guards and drafted a 4th (Ennis). Didn't take long to implode. Arguably traded the wrong damn PG (Thomas) meaning he kept the wrong PGS (Bledsoe and Knight).

Coaching happened then didn't... Hornacek got fucked by the morrii, lost team, couldn't rebound from toxic cancer, was sacrificed. Watson was rallied around, seemed to aid Booker, and was given the full time position without competition. Sarver, McD didn't interview a second candidate.

So, now the Suns whose future rests in the development of Booker, Warren, Chris's, Bender, and Len play Knight, Tucker, Dudley, Barbosa, Chandler more minutes combined than the names of the future.

Suns now have a coach who routinely plays Chandler alongside Len.

Suns now have two ball-dominant PGs and a SG who needs to facilitate sharing the floor.

Suns have basically given Booker the green light to be Kobe, when he's better as a Harden-lite. He is best when he's downhill attacking, pulling up from 3, and facilitating for others in screen/roll situations. Not straight chucking.

Suns now have Len, Bender, Chriss, three PFs/Cs and no idea what any of them offer.

But they have Miami's 1sts in 2 of next 4 drafts.

And they own all of their own 1sts. And both the 2017-2018-2019 drafts will be very good.

But they also still have Sarver.

So, they are fucked.

Joseph Kony
12-30-2016, 11:43 AM
Their management is terrible. Shitty drafting, shitty trades, stock piling PGs and trading the best one they had for essentially nothing :lmao their management is just completely inept imo

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 03:27 PM
He signed three point guards and drafted a 4th (Ennis). Didn't take long to implode. Arguably traded the wrong damn PG (Thomas) meaning he kept the wrong PGS (Bledsoe and Knight).

Dumping Isaiah to trade for Knight who's DEAD LAST in RPM: http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/RPM/position/1 .:lmao

JMarkJohns
12-30-2016, 04:46 PM
Their management is terrible. Shitty drafting, shitty trades, stock piling PGs and trading the best one they had for essentially nothing :lmao their management is just completely inept imo

Actually, Drafting under McD isn't the issue. I wasn't a fan of Ennis. Preached from the mountain tops they needed to draft Rodney Hood. But I have been good with almost every draft pick, though Len over Noel was hard to justify to me. And I am a big believer in Warren and Booker. Drafting is probably their best ability.

Developing, scheming, and placing drafted talent in positions to succeed?

That's where it all falls apart.

JMarkJohns
12-30-2016, 04:48 PM
Dumping Isaiah to trade for Knight who's DEAD LAST in RPM: http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/RPM/position/1 .:lmao

Trading Lakers 1st, Ennis, Plumlee to acquire Knight.

I was always good trading that LA pick, but it needed to be a good situation. Not one of desperation. Which, in hindsight, Thomas/Knight trades appear to have been.

JMarkJohns
12-30-2016, 04:50 PM
I mean this is those two deals in a nutshell:

Suns traded the best player: Thomas
Suns traded the best contract: Thomas
Suns traded the best asset: Lakers 1st
Suns traded two recent 1st round draftees: Ennis/Plumlee

To acquire Ulis (from pick acquired by Boston) and the rights to pay Knight 70 million a year after signing Bledsoe to 70 million.

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2016, 05:32 PM

To acquire Ulis (from pick acquired by Boston) and the rights to pay Knight 70 million a year after signing Bledsoe to 70 million.

:lol

Raven
12-30-2016, 05:47 PM

dayum :lol

everything started when they signed bledsoe though..

JMarkJohns
12-30-2016, 06:36 PM
Everything started when Colangelo got in hot water with his fucking baseball team partners and had to sell the Suns to payoff back debt on the Diamondbacks.

Sarver has never had a vision.

He's a daddy-made Billionaire. He has no fucking clue how to build anything.

And I'm an Arizona Wildcat. So is Sarver. So, it is fucking brutal for me to point that finger.

Everyone pointing at the symptoms...

I'm here stating so long as Chickenman is in charge, one symptom cured is a new symptom created.

Will Hunting
12-31-2016, 10:51 AM
Everything started when Colangelo got in hot water with his fucking baseball team partners and had to sell the Suns to payoff back debt on the Diamondbacks.

And I'm an Arizona Wildcat. So is Sarver. So, it is fucking brutal for me to point that finger.

I'm here stating so long as Chickenman is in charge, one symptom cured is a new symptom created.

I don't even think he's a billionaire :lol, the real estate business he "built" with daddy's money went tits up during the financial crisis and most of his net worth is tied up in the Suns at this point (which is truly pathetic since a well trained monkey would be able to make money owning an NBA team).

I remember he said in like 2011 that he would sell the Suns if they "missed the playoffs for like 5 years straight" or something to that effect. It's a shame the dickless Phoenix media never calls him out for that quote to put pressure on him.

JMarkJohns
12-31-2016, 11:14 AM
Pretty much

In a town full of shitty owners, he's far and away the worst. The fact he keeps getting passes from the same media that blasted Bidwell for so many decades is enfuriating.

I think they are are afraid he'd move the team.

Fuck it. If it gets rid of Sarver.

baseline bum
12-31-2016, 11:42 AM

As a Spurs fan I fucking love Sarver. I would hate to think of that mid 2000s Suns team had they kept Joe Johnson and drafted Iguodala.

Will Hunting
12-31-2016, 04:33 PM
Pretty much

In a town full of shitty owners, he's far and away the worst. The fact he keeps getting passes from the same media that blasted Bidwell for so many decades is enfuriating.

I think they are are afraid he'd move the team.

Fuck it. If it gets rid of Sarver.
I don't think Sarver would ever get the league approval he would need to move the Suns. They still get a lot more fan support and attendance than most bottom feeder teams would get, and it's not like the arena is a decaying pile of rubble the way seattles arena was. It's also no secret the league office/most other owners hates Sarver for how he acted during the lockout, there's no way he'd have Silver's support moving a team away from a market that can easily support it.

imo it has more to do with the way the Phoenix media works. If you are friendly with them and at least appear to be transparent with them, they'll give you a free pass for being a shitty owner/GM/coach.

Clipper Nation
12-31-2016, 04:50 PM
I don't even think he's a billionaire :lol, the real estate business he "built" with daddy's money went tits up during the financial crisis and most of his net worth is tied up in the Suns at this point (which is truly pathetic since a well trained monkey would be able to make money owning an NBA team).
Sounds exactly like the family of dipshits who owns the Chargers.

JMarkJohns
12-31-2016, 10:38 PM
As a Spurs fan I fucking love Sarver. I would hate to think of that mid 2000s Suns team had they kept Joe Johnson and drafted Iguodala.

Not just these guys. Suns had quality role players like Steven Hunter, Tim Thomas, Eddie House and allowed all to walk. House went on to win a Title with Boston.

I mostly just want to kill myself now... happy fucking same year.

JMarkJohns
12-31-2016, 10:39 PM
I don't think Sarver would ever get the league approval he would need to move the Suns. They still get a lot more fan support and attendance than most bottom feeder teams would get, and it's not like the arena is a decaying pile of rubble the way seattles arena was. It's also no secret the league office/most other owners hates Sarver for how he acted during the lockout, there's no way he'd have Silver's support moving a team away from a market that can easily support it.

imo it has more to do with the way the Phoenix media works. If you are friendly with them and at least appear to be transparent with them, they'll give you a free pass for being a shitty owner/GM/coach.

May be. I hate the Phoenix media. Maybe one of two worth anything.

baseline bum
01-01-2017, 11:36 PM
Not just these guys. Suns had quality role players like Steven Hunter, Tim Thomas, Eddie House and allowed all to walk. House went on to win a Title with Boston.

I mostly just want to kill myself now... happy fucking same year.

Great memories man :toast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_wykgldWLU

Clipper Nation
01-02-2017, 12:35 AM
Always hated Tim Thomas when he was on the Clippers. He was yet another black hole on a team that already had Cat Mobley and Baron Davis. His rebounding was also fucking pathetic. Dumbleavy brought him in under the delusion that he'd "stretch the defense" - much like Doc did with Byron Mullens and Spencer Hawes.