PDA

View Full Version : Is Fathead the new Bonner?

Spurtacular
12-29-2016, 06:35 PM
I make the comparison as a point of reference, as I didn't have much against Bonner like a lot of the whiners here. Nonetheless, the narrative was that Bonner was Pop's pet to the detriment of the team. To me, this is how I'd explain Kyle Anderson at this point. Pop gives him all kinds of minutes even though this guy just royally sucks. I think that game last night he just looked like a high school player out there, and not even a very good one at that.

cd98
12-29-2016, 06:53 PM
No, Bonner was way better. Anderson is rightly maligned bc his game is sucking all around. Bonner was maligned because in D he would get lit up like a Christmas tree, but that was something Pop could live with to spread the court.

SpurPadre
12-29-2016, 07:20 PM
Only if he misses multiple open shots in the playoffs, tbh.

gospursgojas
12-29-2016, 08:29 PM
Pop gives him all kinds of minutes even though this guy just royally sucks.

This way and this way only.

Splits
12-29-2016, 08:32 PM
Anderson is the new Jimmer

gospursgojas
12-29-2016, 08:39 PM
This way and this way only.

Actually no. At least Bonner provided the all too valuable spacing of the floor Pop talked about. He also forced rim protectors that shut down Parker and Manu penetration (like Ibaka in the WCF) out of the paint.

Fathead brings zero value to spurs while on the floor.

Mr. Body
12-29-2016, 08:41 PM
You're all morons. Anderson is still developing. Will he get there? Maybe, maybe not. Pace your dumbassery.

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2016, 11:07 PM
Only if he misses multiple open shots in the playoffs, tbh.
Not only can he do that (32fg% in the playoffs), he'll also pass them up.

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2016, 11:08 PM
You're all morons. Anderson is still developing. Will he get there? Maybe, maybe not. Pace your dumbassery.
What has he developed?

He's fucking regressing, dumbass :lol

Chinook
12-29-2016, 11:13 PM
Bonner was better than Kyle is. But yes, Kyle is the new player who's irrationally hated in a way that almost unifies the board now. Difference is that most Spurs fans still thought Bonner was a cool personality to have around the team, whereas that isn't even a consideration for current ST.

gospursgojas
12-29-2016, 11:15 PM

What has he developed? He still is slow, dribbles into traffic with no real cause, and has a 10 second shot release.

He was a small forward that can dribble coming out of college and still is just about that, after 2 seasons with the best coaching staff in the NBA.

100%duncan
12-29-2016, 11:17 PM
What has he developed?

Fucking moron :lol

exstatic
12-29-2016, 11:18 PM
Bonner was better than Kyle is. But yes, Kyle is the new player who's irrationally hated in a way that almost unifies the board now. Difference is that most Spurs fans still thought Bonner was a cool personality to have around the team, whereas that isn't even a consideration for current ST.

So much this. :lol

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2016, 11:40 PM
Fucking moron :lol
Kyle fans should not be taken seriously. They're clearly trying to get a rise out of people.

100%duncan
12-29-2016, 11:45 PM
Kyle fans should not be taken seriously. They're clearly trying to get a rise out of people.

That moron also said that kyle anderson is better than 3rd yr Cojo at this point in the other thread. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2016, 11:55 PM
That moron also said that kyle anderson is better than 3rd yr Cojo at this point in the other thread. :lmao
:lol

TimDunkem
12-30-2016, 12:12 AM
Lmao At anyone who has said Kyle's improved. Guy is still as bad as he was when he got here. He provides nothing to this team except an extra body when someone is out.

Mikeanaro
12-30-2016, 01:54 AM
Well ma nigs there is at least one thing we all agree...

Spurtacular
12-30-2016, 03:27 AM
Lmao At anyone who has said Kyle's improved. Guy is still as bad as he was when he got here. He provides nothing to this team except an extra body when someone is out.

Currently, his per36 pts is a career low.

kuato
12-30-2016, 07:09 AM
I miss Cojo

Sean Cagney
12-30-2016, 02:49 PM
No, Bonner was way better.

When Bonner is way better than you then you know you suck :lol

K...
12-30-2016, 03:36 PM

What's royally dumb, is saying Kyle sucks because of average stats. Being replacement level for a non lottery pick is massive value. Y'all want everyone on this team to do something fancy.

Find me similar players who can play replacement level play atty four positions who isn't a lottery pick and.had less time in the league

bic50
12-30-2016, 05:05 PM
Bonner was a bit more useful for pop to spread the floor when needed. Kyle is too hesitant where Bonner wasn't. Also something I've noticed from Kyle in his game from his high school, college and summer and d-league games is that on offense he needs to dominate the ball to contribute. He can't do that on the Spurs so he's pretty much rendered useless. Not pops or anyone's else's fault but his.

Raven
12-30-2016, 05:06 PM
has to be a top 10 worse take of the month tbh

Capt Bringdown
12-30-2016, 05:15 PM
Kyle is the new Lloyd Daniels. He has Swee' Pea's ambling slowness down pat.

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2016, 05:18 PM
There's no comparison, tbh:lol

Where does the idea that Pop obsessively plays Anderson come from? Kyle Anderson isn't even in the rotation, right now..he only plays when the Spurs have injuries..he was also removed from the rotation, last season, until Simmons became a disaster and Kyle became the lesser of evils(although he did show some nice flashes during the RS)

Bonner played major minutes for 4 straight seasons..

Even ignoring the fact that Bonner was a much better player(so far), there's no argument for Anderson being a "Pop favorite", in regards to his playing time..

SAGirl
12-30-2016, 05:22 PM
There's only the argument that guys have an irrational hate for him... can't say on Bonner my time following the Spurs has seen him as a deep bench reserve after Diaw joined... Sputacular only has the worst takes and is a bit of a crap troll though..! Even his troll attempts come off stupid..

TheGreatYacht
12-30-2016, 05:30 PM
There's only the argument that guys have an irrational hate for him...
I agree that there's an irrational hate for Aldridge around here. Some dumb trolls even call him Carmelo Aldridge....

dabom
12-30-2016, 05:35 PM
I agree that there's an irrational hate for Aldridge around here. Some dumb trolls even call him Carmelo Aldridge....

Even call our best player Kowbe.

dabom
12-30-2016, 05:36 PM
Call murray dijon.

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2016, 05:40 PM
There's only the argument that guys have an irrational hate for him... can't say on Bonner my time following the Spurs has seen him as a deep bench reserve after Diaw joined... Sputacular only has the worst takes and is a bit of a crap troll though..! Even his troll attempts come off stupid..

:wow:wow

r0drig0lac
12-30-2016, 06:07 PM

damn

dabom
12-30-2016, 06:12 PM
:wow:wow

Who actually brings spurtacular as a point? :lmao

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2016, 06:18 PM
Who actually brings spurtacular as a point? :lmao

:lol relax, bro, I hate seeing 2 of the best posters on ST involved in a feud, tbh..

dabom
12-30-2016, 06:36 PM
:lol relax, bro, I hate seeing 2 of the best posters on ST involved in a feud, tbh..

:lmao

SnakeBoy
12-30-2016, 07:53 PM
What has he developed?

As a Kyle fan, I wish I could disagree with this.

Still no comparison to Bonner, Kyle is still on a short leash and his future as a Spur is questionable.

TimDunkem
12-30-2016, 08:00 PM
What's royally dumb, is saying Kyle sucks because of average stats. Being replacement level for a non lottery pick is massive value. Y'all want everyone on this team to do something fancy.

Find me similar players who can play replacement level play atty four positions who isn't a lottery pick and.had less time in the league

Except he isn't good enough to replace anyone. He mostly plays when someone is out with an injury and, even then, ends up riding the bench most nights because he's a disaster on the court. :lol

Spurtacular
12-30-2016, 08:26 PM

Did you watch the Suns game? It was brutal.

Spurtacular
12-30-2016, 08:27 PM
Where does the idea that Pop obsessively plays Anderson come from? Kyle Anderson isn't even in the rotation, right now.

Dude's started 8 times alone this season.

Spurtacular
12-30-2016, 08:30 PM

You're like apalisoc_9 's 57th screen name. Don't talk to me about trolling.

Mr. Body
12-30-2016, 08:41 PM

Yes, the hate on him is irrational, but it's mostly basement-dwellers sublimating their hatred for their mommies.

DeRozan m8
12-30-2016, 08:43 PM
Fathead is actually worse than Bonner now