PDA

View Full Version : Question about bAsketball video games...

Spurs Biggest Fan
10-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Does anyone know if there is a video game out there where you can have players of old play against (or with) current players ala fantasy games?

For example, say that I wanted to have Magic Johnson, David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Garnett, and Bill Walton on one team playing against Duncan, Bill Russell, George Gervin, Jason Kidd, and Manu. Would it be possible?

Also are there any games out there that lets you pick ANY player in the league and place into a made up team?

I guess what I'm asking is, are the any fantasy league type video games?
If not, wouldn't that be something? :elephant

One last question, which system do you all think is best for basketball games? Xbox, PS2, Ninetendo, (other)?

Any info is appreciated.

thanks.

xcoriate
10-09-2005, 07:34 PM
You could do it on the PC version of NBA live. Would be a bit of an effort though.

Brutalis
10-09-2005, 07:39 PM
For example, say that I wanted to have Magic Johnson, David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Garnett, and Bill Walton on one team playing against Duncan, Bill Russell, George Gervin, Jason Kidd, and Manu. Would it be possible?

NBA Live used to offer legendary players to use and such. I dunno about the newest Live though, havent played it.

Also are there any games out there that lets you pick ANY player in the league and place into a made up team?

You can take just about any years' NBA Live or 2k games and custom make your rosters and etc, thats pretty common. Or just edit the teams yourself from the roster menu.

I guess what I'm asking is, are the any fantasy league type video games?

Of course... NBA Live, NBA2k. If you're talking about real fantasy teams, in video games, then no....... that technology as far as I know does not exsist. Although it would be fun. You can although, use NBA Text-Based simulator games, such as "Fast Break Basketball" or "Season Ticket Basketball". Both are awaiting major updates though. You dont get to actually play the game, its all text and stats, ratings, etc etc.

I think xbox overall has better graphics and gameplay. And better games really.

gospursgojas
10-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Double Dribble for NES did I think, but that was back in 88....hehe

Chris
10-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Double Dribble for NES did I think, but that was back in 88....hehe

LOL OLD SCHOOL.
Double Dribble didn't even have real players. Every guy you got was basically a point guard.

midgetonadonkey
10-10-2005, 12:10 AM
LOL OLD SCHOOL.
Double Dribble didn't even have real players. Every guy you got was basically a point guard.

It has some sweet dunk animatinos. Those graphics were revolutionary at the time.

thispego
10-10-2005, 12:33 AM
It has some sweet dunk animatinos. Those graphics were revolutionary at the time.
latino animations