PDA

View Full Version : Europe: Darts...

apalisoc_9
12-30-2016, 06:48 PM
Any Darts fans/players in ST...

Been a fan of Darts since HS and started playing in HS.

Still can't hit a 180 to save my life..and when I go for a casual 501 with a friend, still average around 60-80..

I've had a few lucky legs where I would average 90's. :lol

Best around the clock record...21 throws, but i generally throw around the 40-49..

Anyone watching the world Championship? MVG looks unbeatble, but Anderson has always had his number so it should be an interesting final if Anderson wins over wright.

Robz4000
12-30-2016, 06:54 PM
Usually play when I go out; better at pool though. When I play Cricket I can hit Bulls-eyes/15s/17s/19s/20s whenever I want, but 18s/16s are tough to come by.

SpursforSix
12-30-2016, 06:57 PM
We used to play darts in college. My friends had a board at their apartment. There was a dart without a tip that sat in the tray under the board. When I went to the board to pull out my darts, I grabbed the one without a tip. I turned around and threw it at one of my friends who was sitting down. Turned out, that I threw the wrong dart and it stuck in his upper thigh a few inches from his crotch. As soon as it hit and stuck, I knew I'd thrown the wrong dart. To everyone else in the room (who didn't know my intended prank), it just looked like I was a crazy asshole.

apalisoc_9
12-30-2016, 06:58 PM
Usually play when I go out; better at pool though. When I play Cricket I can hit Bulls-eyes/15s/17s/19s/20s whenever I want, but 18s/16s are tough to come by.

Yeah the singles are fine...Are you left handed, I find the 16s the easiest target on the board beside the 20s.

I'm terrible with the inside Bull...It takes me about 10 darts on average to hit the damn thing..Sure, sometimes i get lucky but its so frustrating when you hit multiple 25s..going for the bull.

Robz4000
12-30-2016, 07:00 PM
Yeah the singles are fine...Are you left handed, I find the 16s the easiest target on the board beside the 20s.

I'm terrible with the inside Bull...It takes me about 10 darts on average to hit the damn thing..Sure, sometimes i get lucky but its so frustrating when you hit multiple 25s..going for the bull.

Nah, I'm a rightie.

12-30-2016, 07:32 PM
More of a sport than beisb:loll tbh

Clipper Nation
12-30-2016, 07:45 PM
More of a sport than fl:lolptr:lolt tbh

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2016, 08:21 PM
Never played, but my related videos on YouTube randomly led me to a darts video the other day..announcers were soooo hyped:lol

o1oyVvp-Tf8

apalisoc_9
12-30-2016, 08:25 PM
Never played, but my related videos on YouTube randomly led me to a darts video the other day..announcers were soooo hyped:lol

/o1oyVvp-Tf

Video not working...My guess its from this year PDC world championship. :lol..

Darth_Pelican
12-30-2016, 11:11 PM
Darts is basically a game for middle-aged men who were never good at real sports and like to get together with their friends to talk about the "good ole days" and make up stories about how good they used to be at real sports back when they were in high school. They will order a bucket of cheap terrible domestic beer and some overpriced wings and bask in the glory of their failure as humas beings.

apalisoc_9
12-30-2016, 11:18 PM
Darts is basically a game for middle-aged men who were never good at real sports and like to get together with their friends to talk about the "good ole days" and make up stories about how good they used to be at real sports back when they were in high school. They will order a bucket of cheap terrible domestic beer and some overpriced wings and bask in the glory of their failure as humas beings.

Most darts players make fun pf their own "physique"..The pros actually aknowledge their lack of athletic ability so I don't really know WTF you're talking about.

It's a skill game, pub and hang out games...like Pool, Billiards, Bowling..

Darth_Pelican
12-30-2016, 11:34 PM
Most darts players make fun pf their own "physique"..The pros actually aknowledge their lack of athletic ability so I don't really know WTF you're talking about.

It's a skill game, pub and hang out games...like Pool, Billiards, Bowling..

There's nothing "skill" about any of those games because everyone who plays them in a casual setting is more concerned about cracking open their next Bud Light than their scorecard. Do you live in Canada or something?

midnightpulp
12-30-2016, 11:34 PM
Played a lot about a decade ago in a bar league when I was more of a partier. I was probably around your average of 60-80. I do intend to turn my garage into a gameroom with darts and pool and arcade machines, so I'll get back into it then.

12-30-2016, 11:53 PM
Swap darts with fatbol and all of that is still true :lol