10-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Glenn, and Keyshawn.

Dre_7
10-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Glenn, and Keyshawn.

:lmao You are full of it. :lol

Obstructed_View
10-09-2005, 09:45 PM
I'd say the Bengals just because Chad Johnson is the best WR in the league IMO, but a case could be made for Glenn and Johnson from the standpoint of wins, yards or touchdowns.

Horry For 3!
10-09-2005, 09:49 PM
How can you not vote Harrison & Wayne?

Dre_7
10-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Chad Johsoon > Glenn or Keyshawn

Houshmandzadeh = Glenn or Keyshawn

Therefore, Cin's Receiving duo > Dal's

Horry For 3!
10-09-2005, 09:53 PM
No one has even mentioned the Colts, does anyone know anything about the NFL? :lmao

Dre_7
10-09-2005, 09:53 PM
How can you not vote Harrison & Wayne?

And I think Johson and Houshmandzadeh are a better duo than Harrison and Wayne.

Dre_7
10-09-2005, 09:55 PM
No one has even mentioned the Colts, does anyone know anything about the NFL? :lmao

Yes, I know that Manning is the best QB alive today.

The question is about receiving duo's, not QB and receiving trios. If you put the QB into the question, then I would say Indy. But if you are just talking about WRs, which I was, then I think its Cincy.

Horry For 3!
10-09-2005, 10:05 PM
It would still be Harrison & Wayne.

Chris
10-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Glenn, and Keyshawn.

ditto

Dre_7
10-09-2005, 10:19 PM
ditto

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Are you guys serious?!?!?!?!? Just cuz you are cowboy fans, doesnt mean you have to go with your team. :lol :drunk

I love the Niners, but I am not gonna say that Lloyd and Battle are the best receiving duo.

Chris
10-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Absolutely serious. Glenn and Johnson are All-Pro.

Dre_7
10-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Absolutely serious. Glenn and Johnson are All-Pro.

Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh are a better duo then those two. I would take the Cincy duo any day over Dal's duo. No Dal has the best duo in the NFL. Not even number 3. :lol

Indy, Cincy, and Oak all have a better duo than Dal. If Keyshawn and Glenn were on any other team, I would be willing to bet money that you wouldnt pick them. Just cuz you are a Cowboy fan doesnt mean you have to pick them. :lol

Boo
10-09-2005, 10:58 PM
You guys are funny..

Raiders receivers and I'm not even a Raider fan.

King
10-09-2005, 11:08 PM
I'd go with Arizona as an actual duo. Not a superstar that skews it for his pretty good counterpart.

Moss does that for Porter.
Harrison does that for Wayne.
Johnson does that for Housh.
Holt does that for Bruce.

But Boldin and Fitzgerald both look to be bonafide stud WRs.

Kori Ellis
10-09-2005, 11:10 PM

Especially today.

Sense
10-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Chad Johsoon > Glenn or Keyshawn

Houshmandzadeh = Glenn or Keyshawn

Therefore, Cin's Receiving duo > Dal's

I think Palmer is better than Bledsoe.

Dre_7
10-09-2005, 11:17 PM
I'd go with Arizona as an actual duo. Not a superstar that skews it for his pretty good counterpart.

I dunno, Chad Johnson didnt look to good without TJ to help him out. I think Houshmandzadeh is a star. TJ could be a star anywhere else. If Porter is out, Moss will still get his. If Wayne is out, Harrison will still get his. Bruce is out and Holt still gets his. Houshmandzadeh is out, and Chad is not that great.

TJ takes a lot of preasure off of Johnson. Houshmandzadeh is amaszing. He does everything well. Good routes, good hands, he is the whole package. I wish he would have signed with San Fran in the off season a couple years ago when we were trying to get him. :depressed

Cincy has the best duo.

Dre_7
10-09-2005, 11:17 PM
I think Palmer is better than Bledsoe.

Still doesnt make Dal's duo the BEST in the league. :lol

Sense
10-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Still doesnt make Dal's duo the BEST in the league. :lol

I think it does...
:rolleyes

Dre_7
10-09-2005, 11:22 PM
I think it does...
:rolleyes

:lol Okay. If they played together on another team besides Dallas, would you say the same thing??

Sense
10-09-2005, 11:23 PM
:lol Okay. If they played together on another team besides Dallas, would you say the same thing??

Glenn is my favorite reciever and Keyshawn is "underrated somewhat"...

So yeah.. sure.

Dre_7
10-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Glenn is my favorite reciever and Keyshawn is "underrated somewhat"...

So yeah.. sure.

I didnt ask about your favorite, I asked about the best. My Fav receiver is Lloyd. But I dont think San Fran has the best duo in the league.

Pistons < Spurs
10-09-2005, 11:41 PM

Agreed.

Those 2 are absolutely amazing.

shyne
10-09-2005, 11:43 PM
When healthy its Donavon and TO

Chris
10-09-2005, 11:59 PM

RACK!

Horry For 3!
10-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Ummm Best Receiving duo, meaning 2 WRs :lmao

Duncan21
10-10-2005, 10:46 AM
definatly harrison and wayne

Obstructed_View
10-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh are a better duo then those two. I would take the Cincy duo any day over Dal's duo. No Dal has the best duo in the NFL. Not even number 3. :lol

Indy, Cincy, and Oak all have a better duo than Dal. If Keyshawn and Glenn were on any other team, I would be willing to bet money that you wouldnt pick them. Just cuz you are a Cowboy fan doesnt mean you have to pick them. :lol
Why are you so determined to argue AGAINST the Cowboys receivers? Why are you so determined to slam on people for having an opinion? Why does it matter so much to you that you have to continue to make people feel bad for having an opinion that isn't that unreasonable, even if someone is being a homer for their team? Glenn is averaging the most yards per catch of anyone in the league. Keyshawn has made numerous big catches to score points or to secure first downs that were the difference in games.

If this were a couple of years ago and people were saying Galloway and Antonio Bryant, you could make the claim that they were full of it. The Dallas passing game is pretty good, so shut up already.

sa_butta
10-10-2005, 11:52 AM
But Boldin and Fitzgerald both look to be bonafide stud WRs.I agree these guys are studs, but Harrison and Wayne in a close second.

Marklar MM
10-10-2005, 01:53 PM
I would take Detroit's receivers, but when they have a quarterback that should be in the CFL or playing in Europe, and averages like 100 yards a game and 50% passing...you get the picture.

Dre_7
10-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Why are you so determined to argue AGAINST the Cowboys receivers?

I just think its hillarious that people are so in love with their favorite teams that they would say Glenn and Keyshawn are the best receiving duo, just cuz they play for the Cowboys. :lol NO way they are the best.

Again, I LOVE the Niners, yet I am also realistic. I picked Cincy's receivers, not the Niners.

Being in Wisconsin, I have been able top see both Keyshawn (TB) and Glenn (GB) play ALOT. And let me tell you, niether of them are anywhere near what most of the other guys I listed are.

People can have their own opinions, just be realistic.

Dre_7
10-10-2005, 02:23 PM
I would take Detroit's receivers, but when they have a quarterback that should be in the CFL or playing in Europe, and averages like 100 yards a game and 50% passing...you get the picture.

I think Det has AMAZING WRs. Its just too bad their QB cant do ANYTHING with those weapons. Harrington is WACK!

slayermin
10-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Holt and Bruce are the best.

bry3
10-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Harrison and Wayne hands down!!!

Obstructed_View
10-11-2005, 12:20 AM
I just think its hillarious that people are so in love with their favorite teams that they would say Glenn and Keyshawn are the best receiving duo, just cuz they play for the Cowboys. :lol NO way they are the best.

Again, I LOVE the Niners, yet I am also realistic. I picked Cincy's receivers, not the Niners.

Being in Wisconsin, I have been able top see both Keyshawn (TB) and Glenn (GB) play ALOT. And let me tell you, niether of them are anywhere near what most of the other guys I listed are.

People can have their own opinions, just be realistic.
Realistically the Cowboys are looking pretty good, and it's because of their passing game. Keyshawn and Glenn are a rather big part of that, regardless of how they played in Tampa or Green Bay. Since I thought the poll was how they are doing THIS YEAR, your experiences in Wisconsin don't do anything other than make you sound stupid and unable to make an unbiased judgment. If you had said that you thought the receivers for the 49ers were the best, nobody would have berated you endlessly, because Lloyd and Battle are pretty damn good.

Horry For 3!
10-11-2005, 12:44 AM
It is good to see others are smart as well in picking Harrison & Wayne.

Dre_7
10-11-2005, 05:09 AM
Since I thought the poll was how they are doing THIS YEAR, your experiences in Wisconsin don't do anything other than make you sound stupid and unable to make an unbiased judgment.

:lol My judgement was not biased. I picked Cincy's WRs and I am a Niner fan. How is that biased? Now a Dallas fan picking Dallas' Receivers? That seems more biased than a Niner fan picking Cincy's duo.

If you had said that you thought the receivers for the 49ers were the best, nobody would have berated you endlessly, because Lloyd and Battle are pretty damn good.

They are decent, but no way the best. I wish, but no. :lol At least not yet ;) :spin

ALVAREZ6
10-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Does Owens and Westbrook count?

samikeyp
10-11-2005, 04:39 PM
I voted for Harrison and Wayne....I understand what Dre was saying about not having to pick your favorite teams two WR's but if that is who someone feels is the best, they have that right and have the same right to express that. Whether any one agrees or not does not mean they cannot feel that way.

I do not think that Johnson or Glenn but I would put them ahead of Moulds/Evans and Williams/Williams. I tell you who could make some noise soon is Greg Lewis in Philly....he has impressed me. If he can continue to get better, he and TO will be deadly.

Dre_7
10-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Here is my personal top ten WR duo list:

1. Cin - Johnson and Houshmandzadeh. Both could be stars on any other team. Together, they are deadly.

2. Oak - Moss and Porter.

3. Ari - Fitzgerald and Boldin

4. Ind - Harrison and Wayne. I dont think Wayne is that great. He is good, but not great. If he was on another team (without Manning) he would not be as good as he is now.

t5. Stl - Holt and Bruce. Bruce is a little older, but still can get it done when he needs to. Holt is great.

t5. Dal - Glenn and Keyshawn. I cant decide if I think Stl's WRs or Dal's WRs are better. Both are good duos.

7. Det - Williams and Williams. If only they had a decent QB.

8. Buf - Moulds and Evans. Moulds still has something left and Evans will be a star.

9. Phi - Owens and Owens. Despite his anti-team attitude, he is so good that by himself he makes Philly's Receiving "duo" a top ten duo.

10. No clue yet. Pit, NE, Jax, Den, NYG could all be considered.

Again, its just my personal list. We all have our own opinions, but I strongly believe that Cincys duo is better than any other in the league. I would LOVE to see what Johnson and Houshmandzadeh could do with Payton Manning!

Dre_7
10-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Oh, and at the risk of sounding biased, I think San Fran's WRs (Battle and Llyod) are close to top ten. Not top ten, but close. Give it a few more years and a Reggie Bush. ;)

samikeyp
10-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Dude....Reggie Bush is going to Houston! :lol

Dre_7
10-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Dude....Reggie Bush is going to Houston! :lol

I dunno, we look pretty bad. Houston may still win some games. If we have the number one pick, we will get Bush. If Houston has the number one pick they may draft Lienart and trade Carr (I HOPE!).

Bush HAS to come to SF. He played high shcool ball with Alex Smith!! :lol

2centsworth
10-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Moss and Porter when Porter is healthy.

samikeyp
10-11-2005, 06:01 PM
If Houston has the number one pick they may draft Lienart and trade Carr

yeah...trade him to SF! :lol

ducks
10-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Does Owens and Westbrook count?

only if you are a eagle fan
owens act is old :rolleyes

ALVAREZ6
10-11-2005, 06:52 PM
only if you are a eagle fan
owens act is old :rolleyes
I agree, but it doesn't change the fact that he's the best receiver in the league, and Westbrook is just about the best receiving running back.

Dre_7
10-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Westbrook is just about the best receiving running back.

LT is the best running back.

Dre_7
10-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Westbrook is just about the best receiving running back.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26672 (thanks ducks)

ALVAREZ6
10-11-2005, 08:34 PM
LT is the best running back.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26672 (thanks ducks)

Did I not clearly say

Westbrook is just about the best receiving running back
?????
WTF was so confusing???

Westbrook has more receiving yards than any other RB in the league, and he has more than Reggie Wayne, and Wayne is in 1st in this poll with Harrison.

TO + Westbrook have more receiving yards than the Colts duo.

Dre_7
10-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Did I not clearly say

?????
WTF was so confusing???

Westbrook has more receiving yards than any other RB in the league, and he has more than Reggie Wayne, and Wayne is in 1st in this poll with Harrison.

My bad. Perhaps I should have read it more closely instead of just skimming. My fault. I missed the "receiving". Sorry about that ALVAREZ.

Edit: Note to self: try not to post on no sleep in 2 days. :lol

Obstructed_View
10-12-2005, 10:27 PM
:lol My judgement was not biased. I picked Cincy's WRs and I am a Niner fan. How is that biased? Now a Dallas fan picking Dallas' Receivers? That seems more biased than a Niner fan picking Cincy's duo
Bias runs both ways. If you are judging receivers performances this year based on having seen them play in previous years that's a bias. My picking of Chad is biased because I've seen how good his hands are and his team has a good record.

Terry Glenn has more yards, a higher average and one fewer TD than Chad Johnson does. Keyshawn been the difference between wins and losses. I'm just saying that it's not automatically biased just because a fan of the team says that the guy is doing well. If I say that Tim Duncan is the best power forward in the NBA, it doesn't matter that I'm a Spurs fan when I say it.

They are decent, but no way the best. I wish, but no. :lol At least not yet ;) :spin
Lloyd is a bad muthafatha. That catch he made in week 1 is as good a catch as I've ever seen. I can't wait to see him develop and get a decent QB.

Horry For 3!
10-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Did I not clearly say

?????
WTF was so confusing???

This is not WR/RB, this is WR/WR

Obstructed_View
10-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Actually it's "receiving duo" so which could include a running back or a tight end. The only problem is Dre_7 will lose his mind if someone mentions Jason Witten. :)

ALVAREZ6
10-13-2005, 07:45 AM
This is not WR/RB, this is WR/WR

Where does it specify that? The title of the thread is "Best Receiving Duo," which means the best combination of two players on a team that receive the ball.

Horry For 3!
10-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Well the obvious answer and by the poll would be WR/WR

Dre_7
10-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Actually it's "receiving duo" so which could include a running back or a tight end. The only problem is Dre_7 will lose his mind if someone mentions Jason Witten. :)

lol No I wont. Witten is one of the top TEs in the league. But yeah, I did mean WR/WR. Maybe I should have been a clearer on that.