PDA

View Full Version : The Great Forehead...

apalisoc_9
12-30-2016, 10:56 PM
I was stopping myself from saying anything about Kyle's ability to play 4 due to small sample size..but now there is enough minutes to say..

- It's pretty apparent, that he's an excellent defender when's he is playing the PF position. It's embarrassing, but he's the second best Rim Protector, helper, and help the helper defender among bigs (if he plays the 4 position) His lack of speed doesn't get exposed at that position and his positive qualities in the defensive end is maximized.

- Offensively, it allows him to play within a Role. The biggest complaint about him is that he just doesn't know what to do in offense, but I say that's mostly because he's been playing the 3 position..He really does suck as a wing offensive player. However, as a big..He can focus on getting wide open corner threes, easy cuts to the basket.

He is a much better rebounder than D.West and Boris Diaw ever was....

Phenomenal boxout player.

TheGreatYacht
12-30-2016, 10:57 PM
David Lee > The Great Forehead

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2016, 10:58 PM
Needs to go elsewhere, tbh..current build of the roster just doesn't play to his strengths..

He might be better at PF, but he isn't going to find minutes there with Lee playing so well..

100%duncan
12-30-2016, 11:01 PM
Lee is not even playing ahead of Pau. And I wouldn’t want to put him above Lee or Bertans for that matter.

Lee’s O>>>> >Anderson’s O
Anderson’s D>>> Lee’s D

Bertans’s O>>>>>Anderson’s O
Anderson’s D> Bertan’s D

apalisoc_9
12-30-2016, 11:06 PM
Needs to go elsewhere, tbh..current build of the roster just doesn't play to his strengths..

He might be better at PF, but he isn't going to find minutes there with Lee playing so well..

I agree...but I suspect, PATFO is playing him minutes and starting him every now and then because they're going to offer him a like 20/4 kinda deal when Lee gets old and Pau is out in two years.

Also Lee has a player option next year, he's going to opt out of that deal.

If my suspicion is correct, they probably already plan to play kyle at the 4 once both Lee and Gasol are out....

If he can be a great defensive PF and dont be a liability at Offense like he's shown in the minutes he's played at the 4...He's going to be a rotational player.

PATFO sees a lot of value in him. It makes sense.

TimDunkem
12-30-2016, 11:08 PM
God help us if he ends up as the bench PF next year.

YGWHI
12-30-2016, 11:09 PM
I liked what I saw tonight, hopefully Kyle keeps building confidence after this game.

r0drig0lac
12-30-2016, 11:13 PM
future dpoy

Mr. Body
12-30-2016, 11:16 PM
Sucks up rebounds and his length bothers down low. Makes sense, plus I think he can still figure out the 3.

ElNono
12-30-2016, 11:16 PM
He had a good game, but his missed open 3s stick out like a sore thumb on a night all the other guys seemed to be making them... it's a shame because if he had that shot down he would likely see more mins...

GSH
12-30-2016, 11:20 PM
I'll sign the petition. I've been saying it since late last season.

They've already extended him, and he's not going to be in huge demand for a trade. Get the most out of him. Send him to Draymond's "nutritionist" to get a little stronger and get a little more bulk, and play him as a stretch 4. I still think that given the chance, he could consistently shoot 40% or better from 3P.

I think a lot of people haven't noticed, but the kid is becoming a damn good rebounder. And that's something you can never have too much of.

GSH
12-30-2016, 11:22 PM
He had a good game, but his missed open 3s stick out like a sore thumb on a night all the other guys seemed to be making them... it's a shame because if he had that shot down he would likely see more mins...

He missed the 3's, but the stroke looked very solid. They don't always fall. Get him some opportunities, and show some trust, and I think he would earn it.

Mr. Body
12-30-2016, 11:22 PM

The only thing he's not doing that well is shooting. I'm sure they're working on it. He wasn't a bad shooter in college.

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 11:23 PM

Against the Rockets, Kyle should be able to get minutes since Lee can't guard Dekker & Pau would be a disaster.

In any case, I've been saying he's a poor-man's Draymond Green & should play the 4.

bklynspursfan
12-30-2016, 11:24 PM
Problem is, Lee does what he does, but faster and more decisive. And where he lacks maybe in the defense department vs Anderson, he makes up with his hustle and energy, which becomes contagious.

TrainOfThought5
12-30-2016, 11:29 PM
God help us if he ends up as the bench PF next year.

How many bench 4s will be better?

SAGirl
12-30-2016, 11:31 PM

You said it,
Long ago...
Team also has Bertans... maybe they trade him. He's got another good cheap year after this one...

SAGirl
12-30-2016, 11:35 PM
He missed the 3's, but the stroke looked very solid. They don't always fall. Get him some opportunities, and show some trust, and I think he would earn it.
He was shooting over
40% in the summer and has been hitting the shot prior to this game. They don't always fall and they were neither airballs nor horribly off the mark.... you have good points.

He should just continue working on that.. they will fall if he continues to shoot when open and save that hesitation aside.

SAGirl
12-30-2016, 11:40 PM
I was stopping myself from saying anything about Kyle's ability to play 4 due to small sample size..but now there is enough minutes to say..

- It's pretty apparent, that he's an excellent defender when's he is playing the PF position. It's embarrassing, but he's the second best Rim Protector, helper, and help the helper defender among bigs (if he plays the 4 position) His lack of speed doesn't get exposed at that position and his positive qualities in the defensive end is maximized.

- Offensively, it allows him to play within a Role. The biggest complaint about him is that he just doesn't know what to do in offense, but I say that's mostly because he's been playing the 3 position..He really does suck as a wing offensive player. However, as a big..He can focus on getting wide open corner threes, easy cuts to the basket.

He is a much better rebounder than D.West and Boris Diaw ever was....

Phenomenal boxout player.
All good points Apalisoc...
Good evaluation
:pop: will continue being Pop though and remain indecisive, play him all over again... send him to the wings... waste everyone's time, make Rob's head vein explode... drive spurs talk insane, keep him on the deep bench like CuJo... then he's signed elsewhere after 4 years as a deep bench reserve and played properly in some other team, hit his prime elsewhere, maybe add bulk with age, find a niche elsewhere, and that's that...
By the way... I was sarcastic... wanted to add some humor...

SAGirl
12-31-2016, 12:03 AM
I agree...but I suspect, PATFO is playing him minutes and starting him every now and then because they're going to offer him a like 20/4 kinda deal when Lee gets old and Pau is out in two years.

Also Lee has a player option next year, he's going to opt out of that deal.

If my suspicion is correct, they probably already plan to play kyle at the 4 once both Lee and Gasol are out....

If he can be a great defensive PF and dont be a liability at Offense like he's shown in the minutes he's played at the 4...He's going to be a rotational player.

PATFO sees a lot of value in him. It makes sense.
Apalisoc...I have to give you props
For your Nostradamus predictions.... :tu
I hope you appreciate my sense of humor.

That guy raybies was stating Pop was depressing his value to re-sign him cheap as he's still young and would hit his prime in his next contract... TBH... you have a good point in that otherwise it makes no sense the development effort with him and sticking with him. Obviously Pop sees things we don't. He was seeing potential in Simmons when we were seeing him scrubbing things up. Pop has lately not wasted time with youngsters that have no future with the team.
I didn't think about this b4, but Ray Mac? Cut, Nico? Cut. Garino? They saw things but he's scrubbing things in the dleague right now... Livio? Cut!

I do believe Pop is only keeping youngsters around who can fulfill some role and grow into it. He sees things in Dijon and that has me excited though he might be a couple of seasons out from really, really helping.... I have no doubt if they weren't seeing something in Kyle he would be gone at this point. Yet they picked up his option...

Chinook
12-31-2016, 12:53 AM
The only thing he's not doing that well is shooting. I'm sure they're working on it. He wasn't a bad shooter in college.

He came into the game shooting 62 percent on corner-threes. This game will bring down what was not a huge sample, but people are overreacting to these misses. He's not a bad shooter anymore. He simply just isn't shooting enough when he's open.