PDA

View Full Version : Where was Dedmon?

UZER
01-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Serious question...

I only got to watch the 4th and OT. Pau was getting abused over and over in the PNR and at the rim.

I see he only got 6 minutes.

spursistan
01-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Playoff Pop trusting a more cultured White European vet, tbh..

Ice009
01-01-2017, 11:40 PM
Dedmon's black and athletic. He can play defense and rebound in traffic. He had a white option, and he used it.

UZER
01-01-2017, 11:48 PM
And where the f is Bertans man?

spursistan
01-01-2017, 11:49 PM
And where the f is Bertans man?
Playoff Pop in "not fair to the rookie" mode..

SAGirl
01-02-2017, 12:10 AM
Does anyone have a non-troll reason? A speculation but not troll reason?
I missed this game.. I would have my own guess and share it. :lol
2 fouls in less than 6 minutes... a -15 overall?

MaNu4Tres
01-02-2017, 01:01 AM
He didn't play well in his short stint.

Atlanta was hedging on PnRs hard when he was in the game and he wasn't being as aggressive as he needed to be with his rolls to the basket. Him being passive after receiving a pocket PnR pass around the FT line bailed out Atlantas defense when he was in the game.

emanueldavidginobili
01-02-2017, 01:20 AM
Honestly he probably would have got atleast one of the defense of rebounds that we missed at he end of the game, I'm pretty sure we missed two in a row.

MaNu4Tres
01-02-2017, 01:29 AM
I'm hoping Dedmon earns more of Pops trust by April, but it doesn't look like its going to happen.

Pop will lean on Gasol more than he should and it will be another long summer.

GSH
01-02-2017, 03:26 AM
He didn't play well in his short stint.

Atlanta was hedging on PnRs hard when he was in the game and he wasn't being as aggressive as he needed to be with his rolls to the basket. Him being passive after receiving a pocket PnR pass around the FT line bailed out Atlantas defense when he was in the game.

Bottom line, that right there. Plus the fact that he had 2 PF in 5 minutes. Maybe he hasn't looked as good over the last couple of weeks, but he hasn't looked THAT bad either, with the exception of that Houston game. If anything, I feel like he's gotten a little tentative, which doesn't suit him. I still would have liked to see more of him, and less of Gasol tonight.

r0drig0lac
01-02-2017, 04:42 AM
Playoff Pop trusting a more cultured White European vet, tbh..

Spurtacular
01-02-2017, 04:51 AM
I considered making this thread right after the game; it pissed me off. I can't tell you how many times the old, slow, tired Pau was late on help and gave up easy shots. There is no basketball reason for it. It's politics.

TheGreatYacht
01-02-2017, 05:07 AM
He was fucking terrible out there, that's why. Gasol actually had a good game

james evans
01-02-2017, 12:07 PM
He was fucking terrible out there, that's why. Gasol actually had a good game
Gasol was worthless on defense last night. What fucking good is it if you're scoring and then giving up the same amount of point in the paint at the other end?

From Downtown
01-02-2017, 12:13 PM

Well he played in a Parker Simmons Anderson Lee Dedmon lineup, not all his fault

DMC
01-02-2017, 12:33 PM
This game came down to Leonard being off. Everything else was at par or better. Pau is never a good defender, folks don't even adjust their shots when he's guarding the rim. They know his fundamentals make him just stand there with his hands up and I think they even use his hands as a guide to the basket. Pau doesn't move his feet well so he's playing matador defense quite often. Leonard missed easy shots, wide open shots and that buzzer beater should have been taken at the rim since it was open for him to drive and score or get fouled. I don't like settling for a midrange jump shot to win.

Leonard also allowed THJ to go off on him, leaving him open too often as he was trying to hedge on another guy to help out.

They were all lethargic moving up and down the court. Reeks of being up late, drinking too much, whatever. I thought Tony was going to fall asleep walking the ball up near the end of the game. Typical January emotional levels.

Mnky
01-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Gasol was worthless on defense last night. What fucking good is it if you're scoring and then giving up the same amount of point in the paint at the other end?

It's very easily better than giving those points and not scoring as dedmon was doing.

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2017, 04:00 PM
He played poorly in his short stint..as we know with Pop, certain players have a longer leash than others..

Only people that strictly looked at the box score would believe that Pau had a good game, though..his defense was disgusting, to the point where even Dominique Wilkins was annoyed during the broadcast :lol

james evans
01-02-2017, 04:17 PM
He played poorly in his short stint..as we know with Pop, certain players have a longer leash than others..

Only people that strictly looked at the box score would believe that Pau had a good game, though..his defense was disgusting, to the point where even Dominique Wilkins was annoyed during the broadcast :lol
yeah, we have a lot of those up here. People that look at the box score and say, "_____ had ____ points, so he had a good game".. And let's not forget late in the 4th driving the lane and instead of dunking the fucking ball or attempting to, he tries to lay it in and misses(same with Leonard..)

SPURt
01-02-2017, 05:05 PM
A lot of people are saying Dedmon was stuck to the bench due to poor play but that group he played with was awful. It was TP/Simmons/Anderson/Lee/Dedmon and they ate poop. It was the drive and kick offense only no one in that crew wanted to shoot outside of the paint. It's Pop's job to put his guys in position to succeed and he did not do that with Dedmon last night.

On the flip side, Dedmon not playing in the crunch didn't doom the Spurs. Tim Jr and Milsap played above their ceiling and Kawhi was rusty as hell. The fact it came down to the last shot and overtime was a miracle by itself.

Slippy
01-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Pretty sure it was the silly fouls. Getting caught on the fake too often. Offensively looked nervous.

DeRozan m8
01-02-2017, 05:59 PM
Pop fucking up with Dedmon as usual....

Now we'll lose Dedmon too.... Why the fuck did we even get him in the first place?

Biggest waste in spurs history.

sasaint
01-02-2017, 07:04 PM
A lot of people are saying Dedmon was stuck to the bench due to poor play but that group he played with was awful. It was TP/Simmons/Anderson/Lee/Dedmon and they ate poop. It was the drive and kick offense only no one in that crew wanted to shoot outside of the paint. It's Pop's job to put his guys in position to succeed and he did not do that with Dedmon last night.

On the flip side, Dedmon not playing in the crunch didn't doom the Spurs. Tim Jr and Milsap played above their ceiling and Kawhi was rusty as hell. The fact it came down to the last shot and overtime was a miracle by itself.

i missed the first half, so I appreciate your perspective on Deadman. Just a thought: maybe that lineup wasn't about Putting Deadman (or anybody else, for that matter) in a position to receive. Maybe Pop put a lineup on the floor that challenged each to succeed - especially Kyle and Simmons. A drive-and-kick scheme (as you note) requires guys who,are willing to shoot the long ball. Simmons is getting a little bit more willing, but Anderson - not! So maybe the primary purpose of that lineup was to challenge Kyle and Simmons...?

SAGirl
01-02-2017, 09:10 PM
i missed the first half, so I appreciate your perspective on Deadman. Just a thought: maybe that lineup wasn't about Putting Deadman (or anybody else, for that matter) in a position to receive. Maybe Pop put a lineup on the floor that challenged each to succeed - especially Kyle and Simmons. A drive-and-kick scheme (as you note) requires guys who,are willing to shoot the long ball. Simmons is getting a little bit more willing, but Anderson - not! So maybe the primary purpose of that lineup was to challenge Kyle and Simmons...?
Deadman's benching as about Deadman... I watched his minutes bc I was curious about him (games are available online ya know?).. I thought Manu4tres had the best description. He wasn't aggressive rolling. He got a couple of very nice pocket passes out of the PnR and he wasn't aggressive enough rolling which caused him to not be a threat on offense and bail the Hawks deffense out. If he's not aggressive rolling and getting to the rim, open corner 3s are not there and they weren't.

Dedmon was basically clogging the paint while not being a threat to score. He had his usual bad fouls too. Just in summary he didn't have a good game... whether he still could have helped at the end or sometime in the second half, that was Pop's discretion... and truthfully I didn't watch the entire game, I watched his minutes after the fact, but frankly I didn't see neither SImms nor Kyle pass up shots or lack aggression and both were on point defensively. Atlanta was hedging tough on PnR a d Deadman needed to be aggressive.

Thanks to those who gave non trolling responses by the way. Much appreciated:toast

Arcadian
01-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Pop is hypercritical of players he hasn't been coaching for 10+ years.

Strangely, he's undercritical of players he has been coaching for 10+ years.

eric365
01-03-2017, 07:08 PM
I just hope Pop will play him in the playoff. That's not sure...

spursistan
01-14-2017, 10:03 PM
That was a preview of our playoffs demise with Poop going down with the Pau ship...

spursistan
01-15-2017, 01:06 AM
That was a preview of our playoffs demise with Poop going down with the Pau ship...

GSH
01-15-2017, 01:08 AM
Pop is hypercritical of players he hasn't been coaching for 10+ years.

Strangely, he's undercritical of players he has been coaching for 10+ years.

Remind me again... how long has he been coaching Pau?

Arcadian
01-15-2017, 03:03 AM
Remind me again... how long has he been coaching Pau?

Point taken...perhaps he's just undercritical of veteran players?