PDA

View Full Version : Pattycakes, media knob slob Michael Floyd for hit on Dolphins db

Fabbs
01-02-2017, 10:16 AM
Is this textbook definition of helmet to helmet on a defenseless back?
Or does that only apply to defensive players vs. offensive players?

Best view at the :49 second mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6M6jgUWT8Q

Fabbs
01-02-2017, 10:18 AM
It does appear that Floyds shoulder and head meets Tony Lippets shoulder and head at the same time.

For his part, Lippet is not complaining about the hit.
“I’m feeling good,” Lippett said after the game, with a smile. “(Floyd) just caught me with a good little lick right there. It is what it is. I’m good, though.”

Lippett was checked for a concussion but was quickly cleared. That is critical because Miami began the game without three defensive back starters, including two safeties and a corner.

“I didn’t see him at all,” Lippett said. “I was trying to make a play on Edelman and he basically blindsided me. It was a good hit by him.”

Raven
01-02-2017, 10:24 AM
best block of the year

Will Hunting
01-02-2017, 10:29 AM
Yeah that doesn't even come close to meeting the definition of a defenseless player.

There's also no penalty for hitting a "defenseless back", so I'm not sure what the fuck the OP is talking about.

chunticakes
01-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Yeah that doesn't even come close to meeting the definition of a defenseless player.

There's also no penalty for hitting a "defenseless back", so I'm not sure what the fuck the OP is talking about.

Nothing to see here, OP is a faggot who drinks cinnamon whiskey and wants to further pussify the league, tbh..

Fabbs
01-02-2017, 02:12 PM
^^ Cunticakes,
I see you spent your weekend chasing / stalking me. Brilliant.

Notice i did not comment on whether or not the play was legal. Merely asked.

Fabbs
01-02-2017, 02:14 PM

:lol I wasn't expecting nor looking for any meaningful dialogue with Butthurt PatsPhans.
Yes i do wonder if any rule(s) protect defensive players with crown of helmet hits.

chunticakes
01-02-2017, 02:32 PM
^^ Cunticakes,
I see you spent your weekend chasing / stalking me. Brilliant.

Notice i did not comment on whether or not the play was legal. Merely asked.

Actually I just got back to town, I was in Austin. Not all of us spend our free time roaming the boards like you or Avante.

But good to see you too, btw.

Will Hunting
01-02-2017, 03:49 PM
:lol I wasn't expecting nor looking for any meaningful dialogue with Butthurt PatsPhans.
Yes i do wonder if any rule(s) protect defensive players with crown of helmet hits.
There are rules that protect defenseless players (no rule specifically for "defenseless backs" like you said in the OP though).

A player on defense chasing down the ball carrier simply isn't within the NFLs definition of a defenseless player, so the rule doesn't apply here. Doesn't that make any sense to you, or is your brain so dumb that you can't even get that?

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2017, 03:56 PM
Fabbs, how's your girl doing these days,tbh? Still the same one from that prom photo?

Fabbs
01-02-2017, 04:08 PM
There are rules that protect defenseless players (no rule specifically for "defenseless backs" like you said in the OP though).

A player on defense chasing down the ball carrier simply isn't within the NFLs definition of a defenseless player, so the rule doesn't apply here. Doesn't that make any sense to you, or is your brain so dumb that you can't even get that?
There are other rules such as "illegal blindside block" that refer to offensive players penalties vs players on defense. I was not limiting it to the "defenseless receiver" rule. Got it Numb Nutts?

Fabbs
01-02-2017, 04:10 PM
Actually I just got back to town, I was in Austin. Not all of us spend our free time roaming the boards like you or Avante.

But good to see you too, btw.
You may or may not have hooked up with ChumpDumper in Austin, but you were certainly chasing me in the Tech section and a few other places. Give it a rest!