PDA

View Full Version : Ford F-150 race.....

apalisoc_9
01-02-2017, 10:45 PM
What's up with these people? I was driving to a local store before new year and I noticed 4 instances of Ford -150s and Rams just taking up two spots like the Store isn't busy enough.

It's just a very common occurance, and it's starting to piss me off. Acording to this White Boy I work with, People are terrible drivers and should never be trusted. If you have a 45k+ dollar truck, you better park in two spaces otherwise you're going to get a dent.

Aren't trucks supposed to be work vehicles? A dent should be the least of their worries..

Or do White People just buy trucks for no apparent logical reason?

Mitch
01-02-2017, 11:13 PM
The entry level trucks are basically SUVs they way they build the interior, it's geared towards people who don't work because the materials are built for aesthetics not durability. You have shit like wood grain in those new F150s, people in areas with a lot of blue collar workers, ranchers, etc just drive trucks whether or not they need it. Those new Sprinter/Transit vans are better for workers anyway, tbh.

Xevious
01-02-2017, 11:21 PM
People who pay their own rent and don't mooch off of old ladies are free to drive whatever they please.

apalisoc_9
01-02-2017, 11:36 PM
The entry level trucks are basically SUVs they way they build the interior, it's geared towards people who don't work because the materials are built for aesthetics not durability. You have shit like wood grain in those new F150s, people in areas with a lot of blue collar workers, ranchers, etc just drive trucks whether or not they need it. Those new Sprinter/Transit vans are better for workers anyway, tbh.

Wow..So they make trucks for aesthtics and leisure purpose? Seems a bit odd since their commericals are mostly about how great it would be for "work"

I don't understand the appeal. Trucks never really screamed leisure and aesthtics to me...

Xevious
01-02-2017, 11:38 PM

True, the average half-ton pickup with cloth interior is not geared toward heavy work, it's for people to pull their boat to the lake, etc. Work vehicles have a lot of vinyl/rubber inside.

I drive a 1500 because 1) I own it free and clear, 2) I occasionally use it to pull a travel trailer and a boat, and 3) it doesn't make financial sense to buy a fourth household vehicle just so I have something smaller to drive to work.

apalisoc_9
01-02-2017, 11:46 PM
But outside of that, do white truck drivers in general have a small "penis" syndrome? Must be the worst Parkers and drivers in general.

Xevious
01-02-2017, 11:54 PM
Perhaps some. What syndrome is it that black people have who drive 30-40k cars yet pay for groceries on food stamps?

Back on topic though, anyone regardless of race who owns a vehicle they can't afford or can't drive/park correctly is a dumbass.

Mitch
01-03-2017, 01:32 AM
Wow..So they make trucks for aesthtics and leisure purpose? Seems a bit odd since their commericals are mostly about how great it would be for "work"

I don't understand the appeal. Trucks never really screamed leisure and aesthtics to me...

Mmm, they make them really nice for the price actually. I hear trucks are even cheaper in rural areas since everybody is buying them, especially in Texas where everybody owns one.

As to why somebody would pick a Truck over a smoother ride like a V6 Accord or Toyota Avalon, it's probably because they feel like a bully on the road with them. When you're in a truck you feel like you can just cut people off, speed, etc and nobody will challenge you. It's the same with some of the big SUVs, Hummers and to a lesser extent the Dodge Challengers. People pick up a huge vehicle, act like a bully on the roads where there are mostly cars. I've met plenty of truck drivers in LA who are straight up fuckboys :lol

Same with shitheads who drive around high performance cars like a Lambo in the city, like you're going to get a chance to drive that shit as fast as you want. People who own those cars get away from the city to enjoy them