PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Is 2016 Eastern conference one of the worst ever ?

Brazil
01-05-2017, 08:55 AM
I'm watching NBA regularly for a while, I don't remember a worst conference than this one... Except cleveland all the rest is pure garbage... Raptors are cute, Celtics #3 ? :lol, Charlotte and Atlanta :lmao... that's your top 5 right there...

let's not forget the bulls :lmao

Somebody remembers a worst one tbh ?

lefty
01-05-2017, 09:07 AM
WC in the 80s :lol

Brazil
01-05-2017, 09:28 AM
WC in the 80s :lol

:lol sorry brah I was not born

well in fact I was but too young

TheCultOfPersonality
01-05-2017, 10:14 AM
2003-04 Eastern Conference was worse.

MI21
01-05-2017, 10:15 AM
One of those years where NJ were making the finals must of been pretty bad.

Pierce/Walker Celts and Pre-Sheed Pistons were the second best squads? :lol

Mr. Body
01-05-2017, 10:25 AM
The EC has been terrible for a long time, but this may be the worst. When was the last time the conference had a legitimate second threat to get to the Finals? Maybe ten years ago?

Joseph Kony
01-05-2017, 10:29 AM
lol did you forget the early 2000s EC, with 38 win teams making the playoffs and 49 win teams making the ECF :lol

lefty
01-05-2017, 10:35 AM
:lol sorry brah I was not born

well in fact I was but too young
neither was I but Youtube FTW

100%duncan
01-05-2017, 10:35 AM
When nuggets and rox were the biggest threats to LA :lol

lefty
01-05-2017, 10:37 AM
lol super stacked Lakers meeting a .500 team in the 87 WCF

baseline bum
01-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Early 2000s EC was far worse. I don't know how anyone can argue this year's is worse when they have the champ. Also this year's Raptors are a lot better than the 2002 Nets who had the best record and won the conference.

01-05-2017, 10:47 AM
When nuggets and rox were the biggest threats to LA :lol

:lol Still needing Stern to hand out drug bans to Rockets/Mavs players so they could go to the finals
:lol Still needing Stern to cut Len Bias' coke with rat poison so they could win in the finals
:lol AIDS

lefty
01-05-2017, 10:50 AM
:lol Still needing Stern to hand out drug bans to Rockets/Mavs players so they could go to the finals
:lol Still needing Stern to cut Len Bias' coke with rat poison so they could win in the finals
:lol AIDS
:lol i was about to post that tbh

Brazil
01-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Early 2000s EC was far worse. I don't know how anyone can argue this year's is worse when they have the champ. Also this year's Raptors are a lot better than the 2002 Nets who had the best record and won the conference.

First off I specifically said in OP among the worst, so I'm not arguing anything like 2016 is worst than 2002... then the fact that they have the champ does not make up for all the rest being crap. Finally I'm sorry but I don't see your raptors this year being better than NJ tbh

now EC early 00s were indeed terrible

now this year EC is also fucking gross in terms of teams, in terms of proven talents, in terms of everything...

Chucho
01-05-2017, 10:59 AM
:lol i was about to post that tbh

You guys are fucking crazy conspiracy nuts. And stupid.

Brazil
01-05-2017, 11:07 AM
I mean we are saying that East sucks for years and that Lebron has easy path to finals every year, this year must be the apotheose of suckiness tbh

01-05-2017, 11:12 AM
You guys are fucking crazy conspiracy nuts. And stupid.
:lol says the sandy hook truther

Brazil
01-05-2017, 11:15 AM
Sandy Hook is a government hoax :lol

:cry Dems made up that shit to prevent us from texas to carry our dear guns :cry

:lmao

JoeTait75
01-05-2017, 11:22 AM
The early 2000's East was worse simply because LeBron wasn't playing in the early 2000's East. LeBron is the only factor that makes the East relevant. You guys like to bitch about LeBron having an easy path through the East every year when you should be grateful. West champ vs. LeBron is a hell of a lot more interesting than West champ vs. the Hawks or Pacers or whatever.

Chucho
01-05-2017, 11:23 AM
LOL.

David Stern rigged the NBA Draft and every NBA Finals the Spurs didn't win. :lol

David Stern put poison in Len Bias's coke. :lmao

The Finals were fixed. :rollin

Fucking conspiracy nuts. I swear.

lefty
01-05-2017, 12:10 PM
He also forced the Soviet Givernment to block prime Sabonis' move to Portland

That Blazers team with young Sabas would have destroyed the NBA

Same thing with Boston with Len Bias

But MJ was so marketable; Stern is jew and there was too much money at stake

Chucho
01-05-2017, 12:23 PM
He also forced the Soviet Givernment to block prime Sabonis' move to Portland

That Blazers team with young Sabas would have destroyed the NBA

Same thing with Boston with Len Bias

But MJ was so marketable; Stern is jew and there was too much money at stake

LOL. Crazy conspriacy nuts and racist too.:lol

Jordan wasn't a sure thing when Bias snorted himself to death. MJ was coming off his major injury his Soph. season. There was no fucking way a money hungry Jew would risk a potential cash cow in favor of a potential cash cow who was broken down his soph season.

Y'all crazy to think a sports league would be fixed. :lmao

Clipper Nation
01-05-2017, 12:26 PM
In :lol yesterday's NBA, the Showtime Lakers routinely coasted through playoff fields full of .500 and sub-.500 teams en route to the Finals.

It's hip and trendy to bash the post-1998 Eastern Conference, but it has literally never been as bad as the West was in Magic's prime. When was the last time a .500 team made the conference finals in either conference, let alone a team that was four games under .500 like the Sonics were in '87?

:lmao Yesterday's NBA

01-05-2017, 12:32 PM
LOL. Crazy conspriacy nuts and racist too.:lol

Jordan wasn't a sure thing when Bias snorted himself to death. MJ was coming off his major injury his Soph. season. There was no fucking way a money hungry Jew would risk a potential cash cow in favor of a potential cash cow who was broken down his soph season.

:lol The Bias' thing was about the Lakers, not MJ

Y'all crazy to think a sports league would be fixed. :lmao
:lol Yeah because it has never happened before

Chucho
01-05-2017, 12:43 PM
:lol The Bias' thing was about the Lakers, not MJ

:lol Yeah because it has never happened before

They're still NOT going to cut a money horse down while one is near the glue factory at the moment. :lmao

And it happened before? Kinda like the Government lying about Pearl Harbor knowledge prior to the attacks or LBJ taking us into war by fabricating the Gulf of Tonkin attack that never happened? Kinda like that?

So, in gist, we share the same rhetoric of "its happened before, why wouldn't it happen again" but I'm the nut? Nah, there is no evidence for you, you crazy sacks of shit. :lol

Fallacies with your "arguments" and phalluses inserted in each of yer holes. Crazy bastard. :rollin

01-05-2017, 12:53 PM
So no sports league has ever been fixed before? Ok :lol

Chucho
01-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Robert Horry's hip check! Conspiracy!

Pau to the Lakers. CONSPIRACY!

Knicks win the Ewing Draft. CONSPIRACY! FOLDED ENVELOPES!

Duncan to the Spurs. CONSPIRACY. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO GO TO BOSTON! :lol

The fuck up. Next thing you guys will try and claim is Tim Donaughy didn't act alone and all the refs are in on these conspiracies. You fucking crazy khunts.

Chucho
01-05-2017, 01:18 PM
So no sports league has ever been fixed before? Ok :lol

LOL, never. Where's the evidence? Crazy conspiracy nutjobs. Next you'll tell me the NBA rigged the 06 and 07 playoffs against the Mavs and Choke Nowitizki. :lmao:rollin

Speculating crazy crackpot theories because it took Dirk too long to move out of chokedom to stardom. Crazy niggas.:lmao

Brazil
01-05-2017, 01:21 PM
The early 2000's East was worse simply because LeBron wasn't playing in the early 2000's East. LeBron is the only factor that makes the East relevant. You guys like to bitch about LeBron having an easy path through the East every year when you should be grateful. West champ vs. LeBron is a hell of a lot more interesting than West champ vs. the Hawks or Pacers or whatever.

to be fair the vast majority of this board likes Lebron tbh... now when his legacy will be discussed the he played in a weak ass conference will be, rightly so, a thing.

outside of Lebron 16 East is as bad as or even worst than early 00s East imho

Early 00s East had some defensive powerhouses, great players in their prime were playing in the East. McGrady was leader in scoring, Wallace was dominating rebounds, Iverson, Kidd, Billups...

Brazil
01-05-2017, 01:23 PM
:lol so there is no rigged leagues in sports but the killing of 30 people is a government hoax... this dude... oh boy

Mitch
01-05-2017, 01:23 PM

:lol one team getting 6 titles in a decade during the 90s

:lol "competition"

:lol 90s ball

baseline bum
01-05-2017, 01:25 PM
to be fair the vast majority of this board likes Lebron tbh... now when his legacy will be discussed the he played in a weak ass conference will be, rightly so, a thing.

outside of Lebron 16 East is as bad as or even worst than early 00s East imho

Early 00s East had some defensive powerhouses, great players in their prime were playing in the East. McGrady was leader in scoring, Wallace was dominating rebounds, Iverson, Kidd, Billups...

No one ever talks about how shitty the west was outside of LA when Magic was playing. And the Raptors are on pace for more wins than the shitty Nets had when they won the conference in 02.

Chucho
01-05-2017, 01:26 PM
:lol so there is no rigged leagues in sports but the killing of 30 people is a government hoax... this dude... oh boy

:lmao Nope. I cite evidence. You cite smileys. Crazy fuck with your crazy crackpot theories of sports corruption.

Spurs didn't back-to-back once. CONSPIRACY!

Wade, Bosh and King colluded before the offseason to go to Miami. CONSPIRACY!

That Len Bias shit tho...LMFAO. RAT POISON????:lol

I'd bother calling you stupid and infantile the way everyone does Kool and Avante, but your posts suffice for evidence. :lmao

Chucho
01-05-2017, 01:27 PM

It's a conspiracy! The Refs were Russian. :lol

Brazil
01-05-2017, 01:29 PM
:lol evidence
:lol thinking I believe in Stern conspiracies
:lol cannot read
:lol trump
:lol 30 dead is a dem hoax to control my right to use guns... :lmao

Brazil
01-05-2017, 01:32 PM
No one ever talks about how shitty the west was outside of LA when Magic was playing.

I never said otherwise tbh

I'm not like Lefty who has seen enough youtube to know how shitty was WC in the 80s...

And the Raptors are on pace for more wins than the shitty Nets had when they won the conference in 02.

that's my point tbh... this team is terrible... not sure how in hell they can be #2 in a conference

baseline bum
01-05-2017, 01:39 PM
that's my point tbh... this team is terrible... not sure how in hell they can be #2 in a conference

But you're forgetting how bad that Nets team was. They were horrific to watch and KMart and Kidd were just hyped up by the NY media. I would probably take this year's Raptors in 7 over that shitty Nets team.

Clipper Nation
01-05-2017, 01:44 PM

:lmao

Chucho
01-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Inflate gate! CONSPIRACY!

Yankees choke to BoSox in 04. CONSPIRACY!
:lol

Chucho
01-05-2017, 01:50 PM

:lmao The fact you believe in any sports conspiracies at all. Stupid.

Arcadian
01-05-2017, 01:52 PM
:lol Some people believed the East would make a comeback this year...

JoeTait75
No one ever talks about how shitty the west was outside of LA when Magic was playing. And the Raptors are on pace for more wins than the shitty Nets had when they won the conference in 02.

No one talks about how bad the East of the '90s was after the decline of the Bad Boy Pistons. From 1992 on the East was the inferior conference by far once you got past the Bulls. The Knicks were a fraud and as much as I loved those Cavs teams they were not on the same level talent-wise as the Blazers, Suns or Sonics of the same era. The '95 Magic had great talent but got swept by the 6th seed in the West in the Finals. Other than maybe the '98 Pacers I don't think there was a single East team outside of the Bulls that would have beaten the best of the West in the Finals.

Chucho

:lol Changing your narrative
:lol Can't comprehend. Because you're stupid.
:lol Putting words in my mouth. Again, because they're stupid.:lol

The Left government has killed us before and lied about it. LBJ. Obama. FDR. BUTTTTTTT you think they are incapable of doing it again but sports are rigged??? CRAZZZZZYYYYYY fat boy dummy.:lol

djohn2oo8
01-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Some people are missing the point. Were they handing out all time horrific contracts like they do today in the 80s and 90s? Today all you have to do is be at least 6'7 to make nearly 100 million.

Brazil
01-05-2017, 01:56 PM
:lol I hope this chucho dude is a troll... not possible to be that retarded tbh

01-05-2017, 01:57 PM
LOL, never. Where's the evidence?
A quick google search will give you hundreds of results :lol I'll leave you with this though which is the first one that came to mind: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Italian_football_scandal

Brazil
01-05-2017, 02:13 PM
But you're forgetting how bad that Nets team was. They were horrific to watch and KMart and Kidd were just hyped up by the NY media. I would probably take this year's Raptors in 7 over that shitty Nets team.

I'm not forgetting no... I'd take nets because they had at least a consistent defense... now I agree both teams are meh

RD2191
01-05-2017, 02:15 PM
One of the reasons I can't put LeBron in the top 10 all time. He's had cakewalks to the finals season after season. Not to mention he had to join up with 2 other superstars to win 2 rings which in reality should've been only 1? Fuck outta here.

lefty
01-05-2017, 02:20 PM

:lol The Stern button

Mitch
01-05-2017, 02:30 PM
:lol The Stern button

:lol One team would likely have 8 if their star player didn't get shadow suspended for gambling
:lol Stockton & Malone, Hakeem the epitome of talent in the west
:lol People just tuned in to watch MJ 75% of the time
:lol 90s ball was just 1 player

lefty
01-05-2017, 02:34 PM
:lol One team would likely have 8 if their star player didn't get shadow suspended for gambling

Not sure the bulls would have beaten the Rockets in 94 and 95

The Rockets raped the Bulls before Jordan "retired", Bulls couldn't just match up with them
There is also the fact they were probably burned out after that 1st 3peat

Mitch
01-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Not sure the bulls would have beaten the Rockets in 94 and 95

The Rockets raped the Bulls before Jordan "retired", Bulls couldn't just match up with them
There is also the fact they were probably burned out after that 1st 3peat

The fact that a team has a realistic chance to get 8 titles in 8 years is absurd. 90s ball is almost as bad as 50s-60s when Celtics were winning everything for over 10 years :lmao

Chucho
01-05-2017, 02:58 PM
A quick google search will give you hundreds of results :lol I'll leave you with this though which is the first one that came to mind: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Italian_football_scandal

LOL. You can't expect me to believe shit on Wikipedia, can you? People like you are able to edit that shitbag of lies. And we're talking fucking North American sports, stupid. No one here cares about Italian Football Scandals. Good lord, you're sooooo fucking stupid. :lmao

Chucho
01-05-2017, 03:01 PM
:lol I hope this chucho dude is a troll... not possible to be that retarded tbh

:lol Dunno, you crazy fuck with all your crazy fucking conspiracy theories. "Derp. ALL the sports leagues rig the outcomes because EVERYONE from every player to the refs to Craig Saeger's corpse are complicit and in on it to change the outcomes of all these variables.

You're the one setting the retarded pace here. I'm just telling you how stupid you are with all these bullshit theories of yours.:lmao

Chucho
01-05-2017, 03:03 PM

LOL:lol Avante alt. That Googling getting you reallllyyyyy far. Don't tell lies. That didn't come to your mind. It was given to you by Google. :lol

Get back to Googling some more "evidence", Avante.

01-05-2017, 03:10 PM
LOL. You can't expect me to believe shit on Wikipedia, can you? People like you are able to edit that shitbag of lies. And we're talking fucking North American sports, stupid. No one here cares about Italian Football Scandals. Good lord, you're sooooo fucking stupid. :lmao
:lol keep moving dem goal posts, chucho

Chucho
01-05-2017, 03:20 PM
:lol keep moving dem goal posts, chucho

Keep on with the crackpot theories, Avante.

StrengthAndHonor
01-05-2017, 03:41 PM
What the.. 140 is Avante's troll? Haha

Clipper Nation
01-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Truth bombs. :lol at faggots glorifying yesterday's NBA. The only reason anyone watched that garbage was to see one overhyped and overrated chucker play iso-heroball against "defensive schemes" that consisted of stiffs fouling hard and mean-mugging.

01-05-2017, 03:46 PM
What the.. 140 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49590) is Avante' (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=47471)s troll? Haha
Yes

And sandy hook was a hoax perpetrated by the commies

lefty
01-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Truth bombs. :lol at faggots glorifying yesterday's NBA. The only reason anyone watched that garbage was to see one overhyped and overrated chucker play iso-heroball against "defensive schemes" that consisted of stiffs fouling hard and mean-mugging.
Well Lebron won with Isoball :lol