PDA

View Full Version : Parker over his last 5 games.

midnightpulp
01-05-2017, 11:28 PM
19.2ppp, 6.4apg, on .623 in only 25 minutes per game :wow

Is it mirage? Perhaps. But this is why Parker is the better gamble than Microwave House. House is simply incapable of this kind of consistency over 5 games. We just need to hope Parker finds this gear for a stretch in the playoffs.

Any real Spurs fan should be on board with Parker. When he plays like this, the Spurs are on a different level. House just flat out doesn't have Parker's potential in this regard.

apalisoc_9
01-05-2017, 11:31 PM
Patty house actually delivers against teams not named the suns, nuggets and whatever other 3 shitty teams they play.

You've been a spursfan for like 20 years op..you should know by now that Shitty teams = Porker time... Good teams Manu or Mills time.

Sadly, He is Pop's adopted son.

DPG21920
01-05-2017, 11:31 PM
Patty house actually delivers against teams not named the suns, nuggets and whatever other 3 shitty teams they play.

You've been a spursfan for like 20 years op..you should know by now that Shitty teams = Porker time... Good teams Manu or Mills time.

Tell playoff OKC that.

timtonymanu
01-05-2017, 11:33 PM
How about we just hope both show up in the playoffs? Spurs need all the guard contribution they can. MVParker/MVPatty sighting please.

ducks
Parker has finals MVP mills no

YGWHI
Tell playoff OKC that.

Except for just one game of the series, we can say the same about Parker.

DPG21920
01-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Except for just one game of the series, we can say the same about Parker.

Cool. In all games we can say that about Mills.

apalisoc_9
Tell playoff OKC that.

I forgot Porker played well against OKC...sarcasm.

Parker's "moments" against legit teams in his career doesnt exceed the number of fingers I have in my left hands.

That's why Most people remeber Manu..Because Parker has always been a performer against shitty teams and shitty matchups.

GSH
He's Getting Healthy.

My favorite comment of the evening. RD2191 :toast

FkLA
01-05-2017, 11:35 PM

Porker has looked god awful against Top 5 teams this year, tbh.

midnightpulp
01-05-2017, 11:35 PM

Yeah, Patty really delivered last year against OKC with his 4.0 ppg on .230 3 point shooting :lol

Patty is STILL living off the 2014 Finals and 2015 First round in all your minds. Even in a contract year and getting extended minutes, House hasn't had a streak like Parker is having.

Might be time for another screenshot breakdown that shows how Parker penetration and probing creates open shots for spot up shooters like D-League, how it takes pressure off Kawhi (trust me, Kawhi would love more easy looks from the corner 3 spot), and just makes the Spurs a more difficult to defend team in general. House isn't a PG. He simply passes the ball to Manu and does his Rip Hamilton off-ball thing. As I've said, for House to take more minutes from Parker, he needs to be paired with a SG playmaker.

TheGreatYacht
01-05-2017, 11:36 PM
"Microwave House" :lmao

Robz4000
MVParker being back has to be frightening for the rest of the league. Can't even say he's done it against terrible competition since Atlanta is a Top 3 defense and Kyle Lowry is one of the best defensive PGs in the league. Just need to pray he can do this in the playoffs.

ducks
Most rember Manu for his fucking stupid turnovers late

apalisoc_9
Porker has looked god awful against Top 5 teams this year, tbh.

This year? You mean his whole career...

spurraider21
FkLA on suicide watch

apalisoc_9
01-05-2017, 11:37 PM
Most rember Manu for his fucking stupid turnovers late

Manu outplayed Porker in the 07,05,03 playoffs...

YGWHI
01-05-2017, 11:38 PM
How about we just hope both show up in the playoffs? Spurs need all the guard contribution they can. MVParker/MVPatty sighting please.

Agree. To beat the Clippers, Houston, and especially the Warriors, we'll need amazing performances from more players than just Kawhi/LMA.

Parker and Mills both have to step up or we're gonna be killed by Clips/Warriors backcourts.

YGWHI
01-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Cool. In all games we can say that about Mills.
We shouldn't forget about Mills in 2015 playoffs...

TheGreatYacht
gambitch1990 might've choked himself with the back of his mullet

ducks
Simmons and green are the X factors both will play better if Parker plays well

RD2191
01-05-2017, 11:40 PM
He's Getting Healthy.

My favorite comment of the evening. RD2191 :toast

:lol:toast

FkLA
01-05-2017, 11:41 PM
Yeah, Patty really delivered last year against OKC with his 4.0 ppg on .230 3 point shooting :lol

Patty is STILL living off the 2014 Finals and 2015 First round in all your minds. Even in a contract year and getting extended minutes, House hasn't had a streak like Parker is having.

Might be time for another screenshot breakdown that shows how Parker penetration and probing creates open shots for spot up shooters like D-League, how it takes pressure off Kawhi (trust me, Kawhi would love more easy looks from the corner 3 spot), and just makes the Spurs a more difficult to defend team in general. House isn't a PG. He simply passes the ball to Manu and does his Rip Hamilton off-ball thing. As I've said, for House to take more minutes from Parker, he needs to be paired with a SG playmaker.

Ok, when Enrique plays like this he's the better option. That's not a groundbreaking take.

When he plays like he has for the majority of this season, last season, the Clippers series, etc he's not.

YGWHI
01-05-2017, 11:41 PM
Simmons and green are the X factors both will play better if Parker plays well
Danny was 2-7 tonight...And I'd say that Parker played well. Wouldn't you?

ducks
01-05-2017, 11:43 PM
Against gs he will need to hit threes open it up for Lma

YGWHI
01-05-2017, 11:46 PM
Kawhi would love more easy looks from the corner 3 spot
Not sure if he 'loves' but he has no option. With Parker running P&Rs and P&Pops with the bigs, Kawhi is relegated to the corner like in this game.

In the first quarter until Pop sat Parker, Kawhi took just 2 shots, LMA 6, Parker 4. And all of those Kawhi's shots with Parker on the floor were 3's.

I'm not sure if this is a winning formular against Clippers or Warriors or any other playoffs team...

We needed a super aggressive Kawhi on offense to beat the Warriors, parking him in the corner a whole quarter to start the game will facilitate a lot the Warriors defense.

midnightpulp
01-05-2017, 11:47 PM
Where's this bullshit coming from that Patty "delivers" against good teams?

See here. Parker has had better games against better teams more often than House.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/30skeiv.jpg

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2m0epx.jpg

Funny enough, Patty's best game against the Mavs, who are like the worst team in the league this season :lol

Hoops Czar
01-05-2017, 11:48 PM

Parker's "moments" against legit teams in his career doesnt exceed the number of fingers I have in my left hands.

That's why Most people remeber Manu..Because Parker has always been a performer against shitty teams and shitty matchups.

Tony Parker (28) was running circles around current Paddy stats (28). Of course, Parker also had higher expectations. Can you imagine paddy playing with Tony's expectations? It would be like the holocaust in here.

midnightpulp
01-05-2017, 11:49 PM
Not sure if he 'loves' but he has no option. With Parker running P&Rs and P&Pops between LMA/Pau, Kawhi is relegated to the corner like in the first half.

In the first quarter until Pop sat Parker, Kawhi took just 2 shots, LMA 6, Parker 4. And all Kawhi's shots were 3's.

I'm not sure if against Clippers or Warriors this is a winning formula. We needed a super aggressive Kawhi on offense to beat the Warriors, parking him in the corner a whole quarter to start the game will facilitate a lot the Warriors offense.

Kawhi isn't a robot. You can't expect him to carry both the main offensive and defensive loads every minute. He'll need in game "breaks" where Parker controls the action and he spots up at the 3 point line. All the better if he gets an easy jumper off Parker penetration/LMA post up, whatever.

MaNu4Tres
01-05-2017, 11:50 PM
THe best 5 game stint Parker has played since 13 or 14' tbh...

I haven't seen him have this swagger, spring in his step in years... plural.

It's astonishing to see after how bad he looked most of last year and the start of this year.

Whatever he's doing to his body, keep doing it.

Go Tony Go.

FkLA
01-05-2017, 11:51 PM
lol TOR, BOS, WASH, CHI, HOU, ATL

Some serious contenders in that list.

ducks
01-05-2017, 11:52 PM
Why did patty not tear it up against those teams?

spurtech09
01-05-2017, 11:52 PM
He's Getting Healthy.

My favorite comment of the evening. RD2191 :toastHe is ......

YGWHI
01-05-2017, 11:53 PM
Kawhi isn't a robot. You can't expect him to carry both the main offensive and defensive loads every minute. He'll need in game "breaks" where Parker controls the action and he spots up at the 3 point line. All the better if he gets an easy jumper off Parker penetration/LMA post up, whatever.

If you think the Spurs will win a playoffs series with Kawhi parking in the corner just to give him 'breaks' ...Man, he barely plays 33 mpg in playoffs.

Also a 'break' doesn't mean a WHOLE quarter like it happened in the last games.

midnightpulp
01-05-2017, 11:55 PM
Ok, when Enrique plays like this he's the better option. That's not a groundbreaking take.

When he plays like he has for the majority of this season, last season, the Clippers series, etc he's not.

I'm not being results oriented. Patty, playing at his best while getting 25+ mpg as most of you want, gives the Spurs a WCF ceiling where they lose to Golden State in 6. Parker playing like this gives the Spurs an NBA Finals ceiling. Parker has killed Wardell and Co. over the years, and now that they've lost their paint anchor (Bogut), the paint is prime real estate for Parker (and any penetrator) to claim. See how Simmons tore them up in the opener.

That said, against the Clippers, Parker needs to be on a very short leash. And against them I'm more willing to gamble on Patty. Against all other teams, though, Parker is the better gamble.

DAF86
01-05-2017, 11:57 PM
I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see Tony performing like this when it matters, tbh.

Hoops Czar
01-05-2017, 11:57 PM

Toronto was the #2 seed and Atlanta was the #4 seed and they were both eliminated by the NBA champs last year. Houston is only 2 games back of the Spurs in the loss column this year.

YGWHI
01-05-2017, 11:58 PM
He'll need in game "breaks" where Parker controls the action and he spots up at the 3 point line.

Is this the only play that Parker can create for Kawhi? A 3 point shot? That will be the only type of shots that Kawhi will get with Parker on the floor?

I don't have any issue with Parker controling everything if Kawhi still has room to run some picks and gets other shots instead of waiting for Pop to sit Parker to get his offense rolling.

If Parker controls the action in a whole quarter and Kawhi becomes just a spot-3 shooter...That can't ge good, right?

Chucho
01-05-2017, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE=timtonymanu;8852430]How about we just hope both show up in the playoffs? /QUOTE]

Basketball identity-politics. That's why.

midnightpulp
01-06-2017, 12:04 AM
If you think the Spurs will win a playoffs series with Kawhi parking in the corner just to give him 'breaks' ...Man, he barely plays 33 mpg in playoffs.

Also a 'break' doesn't mean a WHOLE quarter like it happened in the last games.

We went through this same bullshit argument last season, and you still haven't "gotten it."

I don't care about "raw" minutes. Kawhi carries arguably more total game load than any other star in the league. He's the Spurs primary perimeter defensive anchor, a role that has even more demand this season with Duncan's retirement and D-League being just an average defender this season. He's the primary offensive option who likes to post up, which is the most exhausting offensive style there is. On many nights, he has to be the Spurs best penetrator and playmaker. I know you Kawhi fanboys want to see him dominate the ball like Kobe so you can jerk off to his statlines, but he needs another perimeter player to help take the scoring/playmaking load off him. Curry has Klay and Durant. LBJ has Kyrie. Kawhi has: D-League and Tony. And only one of those players is anywhere near capable of being Kawhi's perimeter wingman.

marinoman
01-06-2017, 12:07 AM

Toronto Boston Houston are good. Take it down a notch with the hate

YGWHI
01-06-2017, 12:13 AM
Kawhi carries arguably more total game load than any other star in the league.

People still talk about the season and not about the last games. Until this game, Kawhi averaged 13 FGAs in the last 5 games, I doubt he had a higher USG% than Parker in those games.

I know you Kawhi fanboys want to see him dominate the ball like Kobe so you can jerk off to his statlines, but he needs another perimeter player to help take the scoring/playmaking load off him.
Not really. Like I've said before, I don't care about him scoring 30 or getting 20 FGAs per game.

But 'this fan boy' knows three things.

1-The Spurs won't win many games in playoffs if Kawhi is relegated to the corner for whole quarters.

2-The Spurs won't win playoffs games with Parker as #2 option anymore.

3-The Spurs won't win a playoffs series again if they don't keep Kawhi aggressive on the offensive end in the regular season, put him in pressure situations, give him the ball to learn to run some offense.
If Parker will run everything in the next games we should forget about Kawhi gaining experience.

FkLA
01-06-2017, 12:13 AM
I'm not being results oriented. Patty, playing at his best while getting 25+ mpg as most of you want, gives the Spurs a WCF ceiling where they lose to Golden State in 6. Parker playing like this gives the Spurs an NBA Finals ceiling. Parker has killed Wardell and Co. over the years, and now that they've lost their paint anchor (Bogut), the paint is prime real estate for Parker (and any penetrator) to claim. See how Simmons tore them up in the opener.

That said, against the Clippers, Parker needs to be on a very short leash. And against them I'm more willing to gamble on Patty. Against all other teams, though, Parker is the better gamble.

What? Enrique hasn't done shit against GS since they became legit contenders. Thompson is the type of defender that has always given him fits.

You're putting way too much importance on the PG position. The offense isn't PG oriented. You're saying if Kawhi and LMA beast, rest of the starters play well, and the bench plays well (all of which will be necessary to go all the way regardless of who's at PG) that the Spurs wouldn't get past the WCF simply bc Paddy's A-game isn't good enough? That's pretty dumb logic imo.

FkLA
01-06-2017, 12:14 AM
Toronto was the #2 seed and Atlanta was the #4 seed and they were both eliminated by the NBA champs last year. Houston is only 2 games back of the Spurs in the loss column this year.

Toronto Boston Houston are good. Take it down a notch with the hate

Are they serious contenders? Maybe HOU is a poor dark horse. The others don't matter.

FkLA
01-06-2017, 12:19 AM
We went through this same bullshit argument last season, and you still haven't "gotten it."

I don't care about "raw" minutes. Kawhi carries arguably more total game load than any other star in the league. He's the Spurs primary perimeter defensive anchor, a role that has even more demand this season with Duncan's retirement and D-League being just an average defender this season. He's the primary offensive option who likes to post up, which is the most exhausting offensive style there is. On many nights, he has to be the Spurs best penetrator and playmaker. I know you Kawhi fanboys want to see him dominate the ball like Kobe so you can jerk off to his statlines, but he needs another perimeter player to help take the scoring/playmaking load off him. Curry has Klay and Durant. LBJ has Kyrie. Kawhi has: D-League and Tony. And only one of those players is anywhere near capable of being Kawhi's perimeter wingman.

We also saw this same bullshit in '15.

Porker looks like shit, Kawhi carries the team, Porker improves, slowly but surely the Spurs go away from Kawhi. Playoffs come around and Enrique has a historically bad series and leads the team in FGAs in a pivotal Game 7. You're insane if you think Enrique should be more than a role player at this point.

midnightpulp
01-06-2017, 12:26 AM
What? Enrique hasn't done shit against GS since they became legit contenders. Thompson is the type of defender that has always given him fits.

You're putting way too much importance on the PG position. The offense isn't PG oriented. You're saying if Kawhi and LMA beast, rest of the starters play well, and the bench plays well (all of which will be necessary to go all the way regardless of who's at PG) that the Spurs wouldn't get past the WCF simply bc Paddy's A-game isn't good enough? That's pretty dumb logic imo.

House's "huge" 11 point game in the opener was the first time he's scored in double digits against the Warriors since they became contenders. Yes, Parker hasn't done much over that time frame as well, but even so, he still performs better than House. And considering that Parker is taller than 5'8" and has penetration ability, he's the much better option.

No team wins today without at least good PG play today. That's why I'm putting "importance" on it. LMA and Kawhi both play what some would call "out-dated" styles of offense, focused on posting up and mid range shooting, both of which have comparatively low PPS averages to the style of basketball someone like James Harden or KD plays. To offset any potential problems that style might create, the Spurs need a player who can break the defense down consistently off the dribble and finish with a high percentage shot or create open shots (preferably 3 pointers) for others. Parker is really the only player on the roster who can do such. Manu is too old and TO prone. And Mills, as has been said a million times, isn't a PG.

I'll say it again. Those with a hard on for Mills as a starter need to petition Pop and tell him to find a playmaking SG who isn't 60 to start with him.

Spur|n|Austin
01-06-2017, 12:27 AM
FkLA (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17213) on suicide watch

Tbh

Are they serious contenders? Maybe HOU is a poor dark horse. The others don't matter.

so there's only 3 contenders then (SA, CLE, GS) and we've only played GS once..

midnightpulp
01-06-2017, 12:33 AM
We also saw this same bullshit in '15.

Porker looks like shit, Kawhi carries the team, Porker improves, slowly but surely the Spurs go away from Kawhi. Playoffs come around and Enrique has a historically bad series and leads the team in FGAs in a pivotal Game 7. You're insane if you think Enrique should be more than a role player at this point.

Tell me another player on this team aside from the top two who are capable of averaging 19.2 over 5 games on 60% shooting?

You can't. I don't necessarily like it, but there's no other choice than to hope Parker comes up aces in the playoffs. The coshitty idea doesn't work. Never really has in NBA history. You need a well defined "3rd option" in the lineup. It looked like it was going to be Gasol, but Parker, once again, has showed something. Also, I don't like the 3 primary options all being front court options. Horrible floor balance.

Primary point is House isn't a solution to anything. It's Parker or bust AGAIN.

bic50
01-06-2017, 12:36 AM
All star

FkLA
01-06-2017, 12:42 AM
House's "huge" 11 point game in the opener was the first time he's scored in double digits against the Warriors since they became contenders. Yes, Parker hasn't done much over that time frame as well, but even so, he still performs better than House. And considering that Parker is taller than 5'8" and has penetration ability, he's the much better option.

No team wins today without at least good PG play today. That's why I'm putting "importance" on it. LMA and Kawhi both play what some would call "out-dated" styles of offense, focused on posting up and mid range shooting, both of which have comparatively low PPS averages to the style of basketball someone like James Harden or KD plays. To offset any potential problems that style might create, the Spurs need a player who can break the defense down consistently off the dribble and finish with a high percentage shot or create open shots (preferably 3 pointers) for others. Parker is really the only player on the roster who can do such. Manu is too old and TO prone. And Mills, as has been said a million times, isn't a PG.

I'll say it again. Those with a hard on for Mills as a starter need to petition Pop and tell him to find a playmaking SG who isn't 60 to start with him.

You said 'Porker has killed Wardell & Co.' though. That was a dumb comment and had nothing to do with Paddy. Porker's penetration ability is prone to disappear when you put taller guys like Thompson or Sefalosha on him. His extra inches mean jack shit when there's literally noone in GS's starting unit that he can guard. The Mark Jackson led Warriors won a playoff game in SA years ago by literally force feeding whoever Porker was guarding.

The Spurs rode Kawhi and LMA last year and weren't that far away. If MVPaddy and LDN bring their A-game during the OKC series the Spurs win that series. Would Porker playing at this level make things easier? Absolutely. But it's far from being a necessity in today's game to win.

If Porker plays like he has the last week he's the better option. Otherwise Paddy is better regardless of whether he has a playmaking SG by his side.

FkLA
01-06-2017, 12:49 AM
Tell me another player on this team aside from the top two who are capable of averaging 19.2 over 5 games on 60% shooting?

You can't. I don't necessarily like it, but there's no other choice than to hope Parker comes up aces in the playoffs. The coshitty idea doesn't work. Never really has in NBA history. You need a well defined "3rd option" in the lineup. It looked like it was going to be Gasol, but Parker, once again, has showed something. Also, I don't like the 3 primary options all being front court options. Horrible floor balance.

Primary point is House isn't a solution to anything. It's Parker or bust AGAIN.

Who cares? He's not playing any of the five shitty teams he's put those numbers up against in the playoffs.

If Porker can keep playing this well and solidifies himself as a third option, then great. I don't see it happening though and I don't think it's a necessity either.

midnightpulp
01-06-2017, 12:50 AM
You said 'Porker has killed Wardell & Co.' though. That was a dumb comment and had nothing to do with Paddy. Porker's penetration ability is prone to disappear when you put taller guys like Thompson or Sefalosha on him. His extra inches mean jack shit when there's literally noone in GS's starting unit that he can guard. The Mark Jackson led Warriors won a playoff game in SA years ago by literally force feeding whoever Porker was guarding.

The Spurs rode Kawhi and LMA last year and weren't that far away. If MVPaddy and LDN bring their A-game during the OKC series the Spurs win that series. Would Porker playing at this level make things easier? Absolutely. But it's far from being a necessity in today's game to win.

If Porker plays like he has the last week he's the better option. Otherwise Paddy is better regardless of whether he has a playmaking SG by his side.

He killed them the last time we as a team faced them in the playoffs, which goes further with me as proof than an 11 point "explosion" on opening night (fun fact: 6 of Patty's points came in garbage time).

We were pretty far away. Lost in 6 and were down like 30 in the closeout game. Danny actually played pretty well in the series, too. Patty was probably the team's worst performer in that series, a performance on par with Parker's 2015 against the Clippers. But Patty continues to escape criticism for some silly reason.

No. Parker playing well is a necessity. You don't get anywhere in today's game without good-great PG play.

Em-City
01-06-2017, 12:54 AM

On point

FkLA
01-06-2017, 12:56 AM
He killed them the last time we as a team faced them in the playoffs, which goes further with me as proof than an 11 point "explosion" on opening night (fun fact: 6 of Patty's points came in garbage time).

We were pretty far away. Lost in 6 and were down like 30 in the closeout game. Danny actually played pretty well in the series, too. Patty was probably the team's worst performer in that series, a performance on par with Parker's 2015 against the Clippers. But Patty continues to escape criticism for some silly reason.

No. Parker playing well is a necessity. You don't get anywhere in today's game without good-great PG play.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think we were that far away. You can rest your hopes on Porker having to play this well, which will lead to disappointment once he goes through another rough stretch. I'll rest mine on LMA and Kawhi beasting and the rest of the guys chipping in.

alpha_HaZE
01-06-2017, 01:01 AM

this really, but to be honest as long as neither of them is a liability on Defense I would be happy with their play.

RD2191
01-06-2017, 01:09 AM
Parker has been playing great lately but regulating Kawhi to a spot up shooter is not a recipe for success in the playoffs. Parker should never have more shot attempts than Kawhi, especially in the playoffs. Parker has lost US games by shooting us out of them before, we can't have that happen this postseason.

Nathan89
01-06-2017, 01:12 AM
Cavs and OKC had a chance vs GSW last year because they had two ball handlers. We need Parker to play great to have any chance. Patty can't do what he can do. All the starters benefit from Parker being aggressive and that includes Kawhi. That doesn't mean Kawhi is standing in the corner. He didn't stand in the corner in the 14 finals. He was playing vs a defense that was shifting at least somewhat which makes him even more potent.

SASdynasty!
01-06-2017, 01:24 AM

Actually Parker just makes them look crappy because he sweeps them.

apalisoc_9
01-06-2017, 01:27 AM
Actually Parker just makes them look crappy because he sweeps them.

:lmao

Cry Havoc
01-06-2017, 02:37 AM

So Parker has a bad game and the story is: See he's shit.

Parker has a good game: Well these games don't matter they didn't come against a contender.

Fucking hilarious. And by hilarious I mean pathetic.

Gee, I wonder why. :lol

100%duncan
01-06-2017, 02:42 AM
I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see Tony performing like this when it matters, tbh.

Splits
01-06-2017, 02:45 AM
FkLA is the stupidest motherfucker I've ever read. What a piece of shit. Parker shoots ELEVEN OF TWELVE and this faggot finds a way to fag it up.

Total faggot.

Hope he dies via self-immolation

Faggot.

duncan2k5
01-06-2017, 05:03 AM
I've been down this road MANY times before...and it always ends the same...hope that tony has finally "gotten it", only to have him go into diva/ superhero mode and miss everything, or just completely disappear in big games...and that was when he was young...the problem with giving him the reigns is that he ONLY knows how to score one way...pick and roll with LMA...this is very easy to defend by the good teams...this won't end well...at ALL

Fireball
01-06-2017, 06:57 AM
Parker plays great ball right now ... lets hope he is able to conserve at least 70-80% of that for the rest of the season.

Ginobilly
01-06-2017, 07:19 AM
has tp been hanging around lebron james? i havent seen parker run this fast since the 2012/2013 season. love tps resurgence! has anybody seen lebrons recent beard look? its obvious he is trying to hide his hgh use by covering up his expanding jaw line:wakeup

Brazil
01-06-2017, 07:30 AM

What a retarded comment tbh... :lmao not that I'm surprised tbh but still

There are only 2 contenders anyway this year GSW and Cavs so yeah Tor, Hou, Atl are still solid teams in today's nba

You still find a way to bitch about a 10/11 and 9 assists line ? gtoh tbh... give Parker props for once and move on

r0drig0lac
01-06-2017, 09:02 AM
FkLA is the stupidest motherfucker I've ever read. What a piece of shit. Parker shoots ELEVEN OF TWELVE and this faggot finds a way to fag it up.

Total faggot.

Hope he dies via self-immolation

Faggot.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Seventyniner
01-06-2017, 09:12 AM

There are only 2 contenders anyway this year GSW and Cavs so yeah Tor, Hou, Atl are still solid teams in today's nba

You still find a way to bitch about a 10/11 and 9 assists line ? gtoh tbh... give Parker props for once and move on

If a guy who doubles and triples and quadruples down after being proven wrong can get elected president, how can we blame anyone else for following his example?

SASdynasty!
01-06-2017, 11:04 AM
If a guy who doubles and triples and quadruples down after being proven wrong can get elected president, how can we blame anyone else for following his example?
Hahaha FkLA for Spurztalk Prezident

Clipper Nation
01-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Very disappointing to see someone as smart as Mid fall for Porker's regular season statpadding routine. Informed basketball fans know it's only a matter of time before Porker puts the hero cape back on and reverts back to the scrub he truly is.

http://i.imgur.com/pNqO36z.png

FkLA
01-06-2017, 09:07 PM

CLE, GS, SA, healthy LAC, and maybe HOU. Those are really the only teams with a chance. The last two only have a tiny chance.

Porker hasn't had a good game against any of them. He played well against Denver, I acknowledged that, but in the grand scheme of things who cares if he can only play great against terrible teams.

FkLA
01-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Very disappointing to see someone as smart as Mid fall for Porker's regular season statpadding routine. Informed basketball fans know it's only a matter of time before Porker puts the hero cape back on and reverts back to the scrub he truly is.

http://i.imgur.com/pNqO36z.png

Using that as my new sig. Hope you don't mind, brah.

gambit1990
01-07-2017, 02:03 PM
the playoffs can't start soon enough. we won't be playing denver every round.

also, people defending the raptors and hawks :lmao

EASILY the two biggest pretenders over the past three years. they're trash.

gambit1990
01-07-2017, 10:50 PM
tony tonight: 2 points on 1 of 8 shooting, 2 assists, 3 fouls.

in 28 games so far this season he's shot 0 for 6 twice, and 1 for 8 twice.

bklynspursfan
01-07-2017, 10:51 PM

All the starters sucked in terms of efficiency, aside from Aldridge.

gambit1990
01-07-2017, 10:57 PM
All the starters sucked in terms of efficiency, aside from Aldridge.
tonight was tony's 10th game with 3 assists or less. in 28 games.

midnightpulp
01-07-2017, 10:59 PM
:lol House has his best game in like two weeks, and still couldn't manage a positive PPS.

Dem microwave players. It's what they do.

gambit1990
01-07-2017, 11:08 PM
:lol House has his best game in like two weeks, and still couldn't manage a positive PPS.

Dem microwave players. It's what they do.
on the season, minus the past two games:

https://s27.postimg.org/vgil2n7cz/image.pnghttps://s27.postimg.org/mzj2rq2o3/image.png

patty also has a better: PER, TS%, OWS, DWS, WS, WS/48, OBPM, DBPM, BPM, VORP.

the spurs offensive rating & defensive rating are both better with patty on the court instead of parker.

bklynspursfan
01-07-2017, 11:14 PM

That's fine... We played a pretty iso heavy offense early on in the season. It's not the surprising.

gambit1990
01-07-2017, 11:19 PM
That's fine... We played a pretty iso heavy offense early on in the season. It's not the surprising.
:lol

he's had 3 assists or less 5 times in the last 11 games.

YGWHI
01-07-2017, 11:21 PM
he needs another perimeter player to help take the scoring/playmaking load off him.
To turn him into just a spot-up three shooter, right? Well, Parker did a good job about that, more of the half of Kawhi shots are 3's.

I know you loved tonight game. With Parker on the floor in the first half Kawhi took 11 shots...7 were 3's. He finished the game with 10 3PAs and made only 3 of them...

Of course that's a winning formula. Go Parker Go!

SpursIndonesia
01-07-2017, 11:27 PM
To turn him into just a spot-up three shooter, right? Well, Parker did a good job about that, more of the half of Kawhi shots are 3's.

I know you loved tonight game. With Parker on the floor in the first half Kawhi took 11 shots...7 were 3's. He finished the game with 10 3PAs and made only 3 of them...

Of course that's a winning formula. Go Parker Go!

Do you watch the game bro ? I did, and the Hornets simply packed the paint like crazy, aggressive double team from the weak side, bottling every PnR game, the few times Kawhi forced his way in, it became TO or offensive foul. Those threes were open and the way he has been shooting it, he should take them no question asked with the way the game going tonight.

bklynspursfan
01-07-2017, 11:30 PM

And over his last 11 games, he's averaging 9.0 potential assists, (Potential Assist: A pass that leads directly to a possession event (shot, foul, turnover).) 5.2 overall assists, 1.5 secondary assists (AKA, Hockey Assist) and 12 assist points created. His ADJ Assts numbers over that same span is 6.9. All of these are 1st on the team

http://stats.nba.com/players/passing/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612759&CF=PLAYER_NAME*E*&DateFrom=12%2F13%2F2016&DateTo=01%2F07%2F2017&sort=POTENTIAL_AST&dir=1

Still trying to figure out what's ":lol" about this whole thing.

YGWHI
01-07-2017, 11:35 PM
he needs another perimeter player to help take the scoring/playmaking load off him.

So Parker would take the scoring load off Kawhi.

I remember a guy saying last season that the Spurs would run the offense through Parker because he was having an 'indian summer' early in the season.

Then the same guy said after LMA and Parker missed consecutive shots in the last plays of game 5, 'Kawhi was so passive in the last minute, he should be more vocal and ask for the ball'

So what's the deal? People want Parker to run the show with Kawhi in the corner but then when Parker misses crucial shots...they want a whole different offensive system. 'Damn, WHY Kawhi's in the corner waiting????? '

YGWHI
01-07-2017, 11:44 PM
Do you watch the game bro ? I did, and the Hornets simply packed the paint like crazy, aggressive double team from the weak side, bottling every PnR game, the few times Kawhi forced his way in, it became TO or offensive foul.

He drew a foul and made his FTs. But you're right about the few times. And that's the issue. Sometimes he should force it a bit more to get to the line but taking 3 after 3 isn't the way.

Those threes were open and the way he has been shooting it, he should take them
3-10 ...I wouldn't say that's an efficient way. Also, a team not always has to take what the defense gives. If you're shooting under .30% from 3 it's better to force things to get other type of shots.

YGWHI
01-07-2017, 11:47 PM
Do you watch the game bro ? I did, and the Hornets simply packed the paint like crazy, aggressive double team from the weak side, bottling every PnR game, the few times Kawhi forced his way in, it became TO or offensive foul. Those threes were open and the way he has been shooting it, he should take them no question asked with the way the game going tonight.

Also, Kawhi taking 10 3's a game instead of driving to the hoop will allow more teams to double LMA.

But he can't drive or take other type of shots if he's parking in the corner when Parker has the ball in his hands.

DPG21920
01-07-2017, 11:54 PM
And over his last 11 games, he's averaging 9.0 potential assists, (Potential Assist: A pass that leads directly to a possession event (shot, foul, turnover).) 5.2 overall assists, 1.5 secondary assists (AKA, Hockey Assist) and 12 assist points created. His ADJ Assts numbers over that same span is 6.9. All of these are 1st on the team

http://stats.nba.com/players/passing/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612759&CF=PLAYER_NAME*E*&DateFrom=12%2F13%2F2016&DateTo=01%2F07%2F2017&sort=POTENTIAL_AST&dir=1

Still trying to figure out what's ":lol" about this whole thing.

It's like talking calculus with someone still playing with flash cards.

bklynspursfan
01-08-2017, 01:21 AM

Great analogy haha. I'll be awaiting his simple-minded response, if I get one at all

Em-City
01-08-2017, 01:33 AM
I was happy with the 3s kawhi was taking.. Good looks, and he was making them in the first half.

Parker should have looked for gasol on the pnp though, he was alone at the top for uncontested 3s a lot of the time

gambit1990
01-08-2017, 11:40 AM
bklynspursfan moving the goalpost.

then he starts talking about potential assists.

gambit1990
01-08-2017, 11:45 AM
And over his last 11 games, he's averaging 9.0 potential assists, (Potential Assist: A pass that leads directly to a possession event (shot, foul, turnover).)

you two like potential assists so much now?

tony parker has the 33rd best potential assist rate in the league among guards :lmao

DPG21920
01-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Way to go buddy - good job! Now what is 3 x 3? You can do it!

gambit1990
01-08-2017, 11:50 AM
bragging that tony's averaging 9 potential assists over the last 11 games :lmao

nice to see he could bring his average up to the patrick beverly-tim frazier-marcus smart level :lol

gtfo, you too dpg.

gambit1990
01-08-2017, 12:01 PM
double post

K...
01-08-2017, 02:16 PM
the playoffs can't start soon enough. we won't be playing denver every round.

also, people defending the raptors and hawks :lmao

EASILY the two biggest pretenders over the past three years. they're trash.

:cry regular season games are meaningless. but heres a RS game tthat suits me :lol

spursistan
01-08-2017, 02:37 PM
This is what I hate about current Parker: when he is bad, he is an unmitigated awfulness..

Give me a steady 11 points (4-9) /5 assists on nightly basis instead of these once-in-a-month purple patch weeks..

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Are we going to do this every single season until he retires, tbh?:lol

gambit1990
01-08-2017, 03:13 PM
:cry regular season games are meaningless. but heres a RS game tthat suits me :lol

are you fucking blind? :lol i mentioned more than one game.

FkLA
01-08-2017, 03:16 PM
I see you, gambit.

Absolutely wrecking Rique apologists. :lol :tu

dabom
01-08-2017, 03:28 PM
I see you, gambit.

lefty20
01-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Blowing his load early per par, tbh.

SASdynasty!
01-08-2017, 04:48 PM
This is what I hate about current Parker: when he is bad, he is an unmitigated awfulness..

Give me a steady 11 points (4-9) /5 assists on nightly basis instead of these once-in-a-month purple patch weeks..
He is literally averaging those exact numbers. Even when Parker perfectly fulfills expectations, it's not enough.

duncan2k5
01-08-2017, 07:43 PM
He is literally averaging those exact numbers. Even when Parker perfectly fulfills expectations, it's not enough.

You completely missed his point...

Brazil
01-09-2017, 08:02 AM
CLE, GS, SA, healthy LAC, and maybe HOU. Those are really the only teams with a chance. The last two only have a tiny chance.

Porker hasn't had a good game against any of them. He played well against Denver, I acknowledged that, but in the grand scheme of things who cares if he can only play great against terrible teams.

He only played what ? 4 games against those... duh...

stupid... :lol at your who cares.. such a dumb ass biased all the time

FkLA
01-09-2017, 01:13 PM
He only played what ? 4 games against those... duh...

stupid... :lol at your who cares.. such a dumb ass biased all the time

Its not just this year, homer. He's sucked against them for a while. At some point you just have to accept that he isn't good enough anymore.

DAF86
01-09-2017, 01:33 PM
The problem with Tony is his skillset, it just doesn't match the needs of this team at his position. It would be awesome if we got a young stud PG that could get buckets in bunches, but a steady defensive minded PG that hits the open three (ala Beverly or old Dallas Kidd) would be just as good. Unfortunately, that's not Tony's game.

Brazil
01-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Its not just this year, homer. He's sucked against them for a while. At some point you just have to accept that he isn't good enough anymore.

you gave a back handed compliment about one game this year saying he sucked against opponents that matter this year and now this is not just this year ? really dude ?

At some point you just have to read and understand what peope are saying... I'm saying he is not good enough anymore since last euro... go figure. Now he is what we have and the best option we have out there better root for him doing good. Last 5-10 games untill yesterday he has been very solid... not sure what it is so hard to say that... If he could keep up that would huge for Spurs... :cry but but dude will suck again later :cry :cry... no shit sherlock

Clipper Nation
01-09-2017, 05:59 PM
I see you, gambit.

100%duncan
01-10-2017, 06:02 AM
Way to go buddy - good job! Now what is 3 x 3? You can do it!

Well he has a point... The main issue is Parker's consistency.

midnightpulp
01-10-2017, 11:47 PM
House over his last 5 games:

5.8ppg on .343 shooting :lmao

:cry But that net rating :cry

Gambit is such a fucktard. Good bench players will typically have "star" level net ratings because they're playing against scrubs. I mean, the Microwave has a higher net rating than Kawhi. Guess we should find a way for House to take some of his minutes, too. :lol

http://oi64.tinypic.com/30wlg5s.jpg

Robz4000
01-10-2017, 11:54 PM
Good to see Parker have another good game after stinking it up against Charlotte, and it was against a lengthy Bucks team. Sucks he didn't get a bit more burn tonight, especially with Manu and Patty sucking.

midnightpulp
01-11-2017, 12:03 AM
Good to see Parker have another good game after stinking it up against Charlotte, and it was against a lengthy Bucks team. Sucks he didn't get a bit more burn tonight, especially with Manu and Patty sucking.

And trust me, I don't like "relying" on Parker one bit as this team's lynchpin. But we have no choice. This team doesn't have a true PG other than him. The helmet crew needs to get it through their very thick skulls that Patty can't run the offense like Parker. He's a shooting guard who likes to move off ball, so forcing Patty into that role because of some hate boner for Parker will only affect Patty's game in the long run, as well. So they get their wish and Patty starts with Green, Kawhi, LMA, and Gasol. Where's the penetration gonna come from? Where's the guard playmaking gonna come from? Who's gonna run the pick-and-roll with LMA/Gasol and create corner 3 shots for Green? Patty can't really do that. He dribbles the ball up, passes it off to Manu, and does his Reggie Miller off-ball thing.

If you could start a 30 year old Manu beside him, I'd be all for it. But that isn't happening, so it's Parker or bust. Again.

YGWHI
01-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Guess we should find a way for House to take some of his minutes, too.

Or we play both players together more time.
At least Kawhi looks more aggresive on offense with Mills on the floor than Parker. Also, even if Mills sucks he knows his role, he won't take more shots than Kawhi in a game.

On other hand, in the last games, Parker...

After a loss like this, we should realize that in order to win it's better that Kawhi takes the shots instead of looking his teammates missing everything.

DPG21920
01-11-2017, 12:39 AM
^my goodness.

YGWHI
01-11-2017, 12:42 AM
^my goodness.
Should we do the maths?

Remember those stats where Kawhi USG% and shots were higher with Mills on the floor than Parker?

Basically, Kawhi with Parker on the court is a role player, just take the 3 or a fast-break, Parker plays P&Rs with the bigs or penetrates looking for his own shots or dish to a corner 3.

But some people here love the freeze-Kawhi-for-whole-quarters offense. Good luck in playoffs with that.

DPG21920
01-11-2017, 12:43 AM
Do the maths. But also, your analysis of TP's game is just way off. TP generates more good looks for teammates than anyone else on the team and it's not close.

YGWHI
01-11-2017, 12:53 AM
Do the maths. But also, your analysis of TP's game is just way off. TP generates more good looks for teammates than anyone else on the team and it's not close.

But we have two main scorers. Parker runs P&Rs with only one of them.

What happens with the other with Parker on the floor?.

What does Parker generate for Kawhi? A 3-point shot? Something else?

Kawhi being relegated as spot-up shooter in all Parker minutes...I would say that's an issue.

DPG21920
01-11-2017, 12:54 AM
Oh boy.

YGWHI
01-11-2017, 12:57 AM
Oh boy.

Kawhi was leading the league in PPP on P&Rs, he excels on creating his own shot in those situations.

How many times we see Kawhi in P&Rs while Parker's on the floor?

YGWHI
01-11-2017, 01:00 AM
It's pathetic that the leading scorer on a team must wait to the coach sits the old starting point guard to get touches...

That happens only with Parker.

DPG21920
01-11-2017, 01:02 AM
It's pathetic that the leading scorer on a team must wait to the coach sits the old starting point guard to get touches...

FYI - for 2-man lineups for SA, Kawhi/TP has the second highest +/- per game of all 2-man units. Number one is Tp/Green. TP Kawhi works pretty darn well. TP creates better looks than anyone on the team and it's not really close tbh.

http://stats.nba.com/lineups/traditional/#!?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&GroupQuantity=2&TeamID=1610612759

YGWHI
01-11-2017, 01:09 AM
FYI - for 2-man lineups for SA, Kawhi/TP has the second highest +/- per game of all 2-man units. Number one is Tp/Green. TP Kawhi works pretty darn well. TP creates better looks than anyone on the team and it's not really close tbh.

http://stats.nba.com/lineups/traditional/#!?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&GroupQuantity=2&TeamID=1610612759

And AGAIN. Why you don't answer me? What's looks Kawhi gets with Parker on the floor? 3's? Something else?

Can he run a pick and roll while Parker is there?

Kawhi is underused on offense with Parker.

If you think that the Spurs offense of the first quarters in last 7 games can translate into playoffs success, you're so naive.

gambit1990
01-11-2017, 01:35 AM
House over his last 5 games:

5.8ppg on .343 shooting :lmao

because winning a championship depends on how you've played 5 regular season games :lol

:cry But that net rating :cry
you skipped this part of the post you're referencing:

patty also has a better: PER, TS%, OWS, DWS, WS, WS/48, OBPM, DBPM, BPM, VORP.

the spurs offensive rating & defensive rating are both better with patty on the court instead of parker.

midnightpulp
01-11-2017, 05:50 AM

Kawhi gets plenty of touches with Parker on the floor. Force-feeding him Kobe level usage WON'T help the team like you think it would. Kawhi isn't Lebron James. He can't run an offense. So you take Parker out for Mills and there goes the only guy who can really run the offense. In the past, Parker's "tunnel vision" was mitigated by TD and Manu, both excellent playmakers who could run the offense. Kawhi isn't a very good playmaker. You're just going to have to accept that fact.

Furthermore, when House subs in for Parker the overall net rating of the starters drops from +10 to to +1.0. So yeah, House doesn't make that that unit better. But I guess he "gibs Kiwi ball moar" so it's all good in your eyes.

midnightpulp
01-11-2017, 05:57 AM
because winning a championship depends on how you've played 5 regular season games :lol

you skipped this part of the post you're referencing:

I prefer to maximize our odds of winning that title, and the best way to do that is keeping Parker's minutes and touches the same and hope he finds a gear. House got his shot last season against OKC and was terrible. You and the helmet crew need to shut the fuck up about him being a "starter" (his flame out in last season's playoffs should've humbled you all). He's an inconsistent microwave player good for sparking a run from the bench. Not a starting PG.

:lol Those stats. Done against opposing scrubs. Now, he might be a better player than Parker, but the logic that just can't seem to penetrate that thick, helmet protected skull of yours is that Patty is a SG first, PG second. It's why he's a terrible fit alongside Green, but fits well in lineups with playmaking wings like Anderson and Manu.

And only a retard would suggest starting Fathead/Manu, as well.

Give up your crusade.

Brazil
01-11-2017, 08:50 AM
Those dudes are hilarious with their constant whinning when Parker is on the floor it freezes my boy Kawhi :lmao dear god

Player fan vision:

More Parker = Less Kawhi touches = Play Patty. Who cares if Spurs win or lose

Team fan vision:

Parker + Kawhi > Mills + Kawhi... (better FG%, better assits/tov ratio, better net production) = more wins

dabom
01-11-2017, 09:11 AM
The kawhi+patty paring is actually better than porker+kawhi. :lol

No lie.

TheGreatYacht
01-11-2017, 10:09 AM
There's no clique that gets shitted on more than the "Start Paddy House krew" tbh :lmao

gambit1990
01-11-2017, 05:55 PM
mid on the fact that patty's advanced stats this season beats parker's virtually across the board:

:lol Those stats. Done against opposing scrubs.
yet here's a thread he made about parker's play against five scrub ass teams :lmao

dabom
01-11-2017, 05:59 PM
mid on the fact that patty's advanced stats this season beats parker's virtually across the board:

yet here's a thread he made about parker's play against five scrub ass teams :lmao

Cry Havoc
01-11-2017, 06:54 PM

You do realize that the worst starting 5 in the NBA would destroy any bench team in the league, right?

Darius Bieber
01-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Parker is #35 out of 39 in defensive PG ratings. Pathetic.

http://hoop.nba.com/nba_hoop_featured/defensive-pointers/

Cry Havoc
01-11-2017, 08:23 PM

Promoting a stat that rates Dellavedova as the 9th best defensive PG in the league.

Higher than John fucking Wall.

Mike Conley is 16th while Jrue Holiday is 7th.

gambit1990
01-11-2017, 10:46 PM

tp has the 11th best DWS on the spurs... also has the worse DBPM on the team.

the only players with a negative VORP are parker, murray, forbes :lol

midnightpulp
01-11-2017, 11:10 PM
tp has the 11th best DWS on the spurs... also has the worse DBPM on the team.

the only players with a negative VORP are parker, murray, forbes :lol

I like the way you conveniently accept some stats but ignore others :lol

What do you make of the -9 net rating drop when House checks in for Parker straight up? Oh, sample size, right?

Shit, Patty has played with the starters for well over 50 minutes. That's enough to draw a reasonable conclusion that he's not a great fit with that unit. This is what bothers me most about you and the helmet crew. You just want House shoved in there and don't take into consideration anything else. So House starts. Then what? Time to start Anderson now? Start Manu :lol And what happens to the bench unit? They're a freewheeling offensive unit whereas the SL is more of a grinding unit. Parker would drag that unit down into more of a static half court offense that simply doesn't fit the personnel of said unit. The unit lacks post players and interior defenders aside from Dedmon who is a foul machine. On the other hand, Parker is used to running half court/post oriented "grit and grind" offenses from his time playing with Duncan. Patty is a midget version of Reggie Miller/Rip Hamilton and, for the millionth time, needs a perimeter playmaker in the lineup so he can do what he does best and move off ball.

You morons don't think anything through. Patty has good metrics precisely because he fits so well with the bench, not because he's this natural all around player who can excel in any circumstance.

Anyhow, it all comes back to being fanboys. You guys want Kawhi averaging a nice looking PPG and you somehow think Patty will make the happen because :cry Kawhi git moar touches :cry

midnightpulp
01-11-2017, 11:14 PM
You do realize that the worst starting 5 in the NBA would destroy any bench team in the league, right?

Not to mention that Parker did that damage against: Lowry, Schroder, Lillard, and Bledsoe.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 01:26 AM
Kawhi gets plenty of touches with Parker on the floor.
NO, you know that's not true.

Easily in last 7 games, Kawhi got his most shots when Parker was on the bench.

Force-feeding him Kobe level usage WON'T help the team like you think it would.
Damn...How MANY TIMES I have to say I don't want Kawhi to get 25 FGAs per game, LMA either but also I've said that 13-15 FGA per game in the last 7 games, can't be that good for the leading scorer of any team.

Do you really think that Kawhi taking 13 shots per game will give us a win in a playoffs series?

People say that we lost to the Bucks because Green couldn't guard Beasly...But what about Kawhi's only 16 FGAs?

Without the other main scorer, that was a game were the team needed Kawhi to score 35, 40 points What did Parker? Did he made a play for Kawhi? Nah...He was trying to feed Gasol and Danny in the last minute, both missing their shots.

But I guess he "gibs Kiwi ball moar" so it's all good in your eyes.
Yeah...Like giving the ball to the best player on the team is bad.

Again. Only on ST you can read crazy fans who don't want that the leading scorer takes more shots to win a game when he's on fire.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 01:30 AM
Anyhow, it all comes back to being fanboys. You guys want Kawhi averaging a nice looking PPG and you somehow think Patty will make the happen

If Mills is a better facilitator of Kawhi offense than other player, I'd play him more minutes with Kawhi. Why? Because Kawhi's offense is vital to Spurs success.

Not because 'Kawhi's ppg.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 01:37 AM
Not to mention that Parker did that damage against: Lowry, Schroder, Lillard, and Bledsoe.
In the regular season?

How many horrible Parker's playoffs you need to watch to finallly say that Parker is a lot worse in postseason than regular season?

It's weird. You watched hist last two, he was net negative in both, and you're still saying this shit.

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 05:06 AM
NO, you know that's not true.

Easily in last 7 games, Kawhi got his most shots when Parker was on the bench.

Damn...How MANY TIMES I have to say I don't want Kawhi to get 25 FGAs per game, LMA either but also I've said that 13-15 FGA per game in the last 7 games, can't be that good for the leading scorer of any team.

Do you really think that Kawhi taking 13 shots per game will give us a win in a playoffs series?

People say that we lost to the Bucks because Green couldn't guard Beasly...But what about Kawhi's only 16 FGAs?

Without the other main scorer, that was a game were the team needed Kawhi to score 35, 40 points What did Parker? Did he made a play for Kawhi? Nah...He was trying to feed Gasol and Danny in the last minute, both missing their shots.

Yeah...Like giving the ball to the best player on the team is bad.

Again. Only on ST you can read crazy fans who don't want that the leading scorer takes more shots to win a game when he's on fire.

Yes you do :lol

We have HARD FUCKIN' FACTS that show in black and white that when Patty checks in for/replaces Parker in the starting lineup, the net rating drops from +11 to -12.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/qxw3dh.jpg

Parker isn't being ball dominant nor is he freezing out anyone. His front court touches are relatively low for a point guard.

http://stats.nba.com/players/touches/#!?sort=FRONT_CT_TOUCHES&dir=1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PlayerPosition=G

And Kawhi is second on the team in front court touches, getting 14 more than LMA:

http://stats.nba.com/players/touches/#!?sort=FRONT_CT_TOUCHES&dir=1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612759

He averages 3 more shots and 3 more FTAs than LMA:

http://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/#!?sort=FTA&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612759

His usage is fine. Hell, the Spurs haven't had a player average more than 23 per game in nearly 15 fuckin' years, and you're sitting here bellyaching about "touches" for your favorite player :lol

And yes, the Spurs lost the game on the defensive end. Tell me the last time a team that gives up 109 points per game won the NBA title? 107 points at home is more than enough offense. Furthermore, Kawhi got shots in crunch time. Guess what happened? He missed two straight shots at the 3 min and 2:30 marks. The Spurs were sitting on 101 points. The Spurs don't "gib bawl to Kiwi" thereafter and score 6 points over the next minute.

And where is this shit coming from that Parker had tunnel vision for Gasol/Danny in the last minute?

Here's a play from the last minute:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/k0kr2g.jpg

Bertans has the option to take the open shot here, but Beasley closed quick. Bertans should've shoveled to Kawhi there who would've had a 1-on-1 with his defender, but Bertans tried to do too much and drove and kicked to Gasoi. Gasol actually got a good look out of the sequence and just missed it.

Next play:

Parker actually WAVED Kawhi over to dump the ball off to him in a clear out iso at the top of the key. But then Pop called a TO.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2ilojg5.jpg

Play out of the time out:

Bawl was gib to Kiwi. But he was immediately swarmed and then made the smart and easy pass to a wide open and scorching hot Bertans, who just missed it. I don't have any issue with this sequence.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2zgzux2.jpg

Last play. Bawl gibbed to Kiwi AGAIN! This time he has a step and a driving lane.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/24edkdc.jpg

Kawhi beat his defender and only had a 6'4" Delladova to deal with as a "shotblocker," who was late getting over and out of position. Kawhi could've risen up and tried to dunk it here and would've drawn the blocking call and possibly an AND-1. But he passes to a wide open Manu instead.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2ushobk.jpg

Now we can debate till the cows come home if Pop specifically designed this play to create a 3 point look for Manu or if it was an option play for Kawhi in which he could either drive to the rim or pass it out. If Kawhi chose to pass, I don't really have an issue. Manu got a wide open game winning look in a January game against the Bucks. No big deal.

That said, what irritates me most about you and your helmet crew mates is how you blame Parker for every and all perceived in game slight against your hero. Your bias is so strong and irrational, that you are "remembering" events that didn't even fuckin' happen. As shown, Parker did not freeze out Kawhi in these crunch time plays. Kawhi got a touch every time down. Shit, Parker wasn't even involved in the last two plays, but yet "he was trying to find Danny and Gasol in the last minute." lmao.

Please be more objective. It legitimately saddens me when people let their biases control them.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 05:34 AM
We have HARD FUCKIN' FACTS that show in black and white that when Patty checks in for/replaces Parker in the starting lineup, the net rating drops from +11 to -12.
Tell me when I said that Mills has to start games? I always say he has to PLAY MORE MINUTES WITH KAWHI instead of Parker.

Parker isn't being ball dominant nor is he freezing out anyone. His front court touches are relatively low for a point guard.

Touches. I talk about shots, FGAs. About the games when Parker takes more shots than Kawhi for long stretches like the game against Bucks. Parker 7 Kawhi 0.

The Spurs wouldn't have needed a desperate 3 point shot if Parker would have create more for Kawhi during the whole game. Why did Parker wait until the last minute to share the ball? 'But but he gave him the ball in the last seconds' WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 3 QUARTERS?

Kawhi beat his defender and only had a 6'4" Delladova to deal with as a "shotblocker," who was late getting over and out of position. Kawhi could've risen up and tried to dunk it here and would've drawn the blocking call and possibly an AND-1. But he passes to a wide open Manu instead...Manu got a wide open game winning look in a January game against the Bucks. No big deal.

That's exactly what I said before.

You and the guys who claim that the Spurs don't need that Kawhi takes many shots, 'yeah...13-15 is fine', then they're the same guys who said in playoffs 'but but Kawhi should have taken that shot :cry'

So...he needs to take shots or not? It's one thing or the other. If he needs, then Parker can't take 7 more than him in a quarter.

The #4 option taking more shots than Kawhi...That would be hilarious for any fan of any team. But not for you.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 05:41 AM
Anyway, nice screenshots.

Those pics remind me the ton of them that I posted about Parker missing Kawhi in a favorable matchup or missing when he's wide open.

01-12-2017, 05:47 AM
"missing" :lol

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 07:43 AM
Tell me when I said that Mills has to start games? I always say he has to PLAY MORE MINUTES WITH KAWHI instead of Parker.

Touches. I talk about shots, FGAs. About the games when Parker takes more shots than Kawhi for long stretches like the game against Bucks. Parker 7 Kawhi 0.

The Spurs wouldn't have needed a desperate 3 point shot if Parker would have create more for Kawhi during the whole game. Why did Parker wait until the last minute to share the ball? 'But but he gave him the ball in the last seconds' WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 3 QUARTERS?

That's exactly what I said before.

You and the guys who claim that the Spurs don't need that Kawhi takes many shots, 'yeah...13-15 is fine', then they're the same guys who said in playoffs 'but but Kawhi should have taken that shot :cry'

So...he needs to take shots or not? It's one thing or the other. If he needs, then Parker can't take 7 more than him in a quarter.

The #4 option taking more shots than Kawhi...That would be hilarious for any fan of any team. But not for you.

No. The Spurs wouldn't have needed a desperation 3 pointer if they could've stopped the ghost of Michael Beasley. Perhaps tomorrow I'll go through the sequences of "Parker blatantly ignoring Kawhi" and debunk those, too. Parker doesn't freeze out Kawhi as much as you perceive. Furthermore, it's Parker's job to create shots for other players aside from your mancrush.

Now, will there be instances when Parker "ignores" Kawhi? Sure. Players don't see/ignore other players all the time. It fuckin' happens. But you and the crew act like Parker does it to Kawhi to an egregious degree.

As for what Kawhi needs to do, he needs to take what the defense gives him and make the best decision possible. You, as always, focus on raw fuckin' shot attempts too much. The last 3 possessions for instance. In all those plays, Kawhi initiated the action and created open looks for his teammates, actions that won't show up in the box score and actions that you mis-remember as Kawhi being "frozen out."

As for Mills needs to play more minutes with Kawhi. Um, the net rating blows when Mills plays with Kawhi and the starters. Also when he plays with Manu, Kawhi, and the starters. But when Mills is in there with Lee/Fathead plus LMA, Kawhi, and whomever, the net rating is great. So why aren't you crusading for more minutes for them? What I'm trying to embed into your brain is that Mills for Parker isn't a wholesale solution to the problems you think Parker creates for Kawhi, like your fixation of Kawhi standing in the corner waiting for Parker to create.

And more on that point. If you're sick of Kawhi standing in the corner, take it up with fuckin' Pop and the modern NBA's overusage of HORNS sets. You know what a HORNS set is? See:

http://www.coachesclipboard.net/images/xHornsSet.png.pagespeed.ic.b4ylAHFm7R.png

Look where the SF sets up.

I know what you want. Kawhi fed in the mid-post Kobe style. This isn't 2008. Kawhi is indeed a top 3 post up wing in the NBA, if not the best, but you have to be selective about posting up today. You can't just dump it into him or LMA or Gasol every time down. As much as I dislike it, pick-and-rolls via sets like HORNS initiated by PGs are the most effective offenses right now.

"I want Kiwi to run pick-and-roll." :cry

He's not a good enough dribbler nor passer to run it effectively. He can run it a couple of times selectively, as he does now, but not with any kind of high frequency.

We had the exact same debate last season and you still haven't gotten it. Kawhi has certain limitations to his game, namely in dribbling, finishing, and passing, that will prevent him from being the high usage/volume player you want him to be. He's okay in those areas but not good enough to grant him Harden/LBJ like ball dominance privileges.

I don't get your gripe. Kawhi is averaging the most PPG (in only 33 minutes) since '02 Duncan. 15 fuckin' years. And you're still crying about evil Enrique "freezing him out." On that note, the whole Kawhi/Parker dynamic is stupidly overblown by you and the helmet crew. What will prevent this team from a title is they simply don't have the raw talent from 1-8 as the Warriors/Cavs. For fuck's sake. The Warriors have THREE MVP level players on their team and you're sitting here whining about shit that isn't even a problem.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Yes you do :lol

http://oi64.tinypic.com/qxw3dh.jpg

http://stats.nba.com/players/touches/#!?sort=FRONT_CT_TOUCHES&dir=1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PlayerPosition=G

And Kawhi is second on the team in front court touches, getting 14 more than LMA:

http://stats.nba.com/players/touches/#!?sort=FRONT_CT_TOUCHES&dir=1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612759

He averages 3 more shots and 3 more FTAs than LMA:

http://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/#!?sort=FTA&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612759

His usage is fine. Hell, the Spurs haven't had a player average more than 23 per game in nearly 15 fuckin' years, and you're sitting here bellyaching about "touches" for your favorite player :lol

And yes, the Spurs lost the game on the defensive end. Tell me the last time a team that gives up 109 points per game won the NBA title? 107 points at home is more than enough offense. Furthermore, Kawhi got shots in crunch time. Guess what happened? He missed two straight shots at the 3 min and 2:30 marks. The Spurs were sitting on 101 points. The Spurs don't "gib bawl to Kiwi" thereafter and score 6 points over the next minute.

And where is this shit coming from that Parker had tunnel vision for Gasol/Danny in the last minute?

Here's a play from the last minute:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/k0kr2g.jpg

Bertans has the option to take the open shot here, but Beasley closed quick. Bertans should've shoveled to Kawhi there who would've had a 1-on-1 with his defender, but Bertans tried to do too much and drove and kicked to Gasoi. Gasol actually got a good look out of the sequence and just missed it.

Next play:

Parker actually WAVED Kawhi over to dump the ball off to him in a clear out iso at the top of the key. But then Pop called a TO.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2ilojg5.jpg

Play out of the time out:

Bawl was gib to Kiwi. But he was immediately swarmed and then made the smart and easy pass to a wide open and scorching hot Bertans, who just missed it. I don't have any issue with this sequence.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2zgzux2.jpg

Last play. Bawl gibbed to Kiwi AGAIN! This time he has a step and a driving lane.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/24edkdc.jpg

Kawhi beat his defender and only had a 6'4" Delladova to deal with as a "shotblocker," who was late getting over and out of position. Kawhi could've risen up and tried to dunk it here and would've drawn the blocking call and possibly an AND-1. But he passes to a wide open Manu instead.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2ushobk.jpg

Now we can debate till the cows come home if Pop specifically designed this play to create a 3 point look for Manu or if it was an option play for Kawhi in which he could either drive to the rim or pass it out. If Kawhi chose to pass, I don't really have an issue. Manu got a wide open game winning look in a January game against the Bucks. No big deal.

That said, what irritates me most about you and your helmet crew mates is how you blame Parker for every and all perceived in game slight against your hero. Your bias is so strong and irrational, that you are "remembering" events that didn't even fuckin' happen. As shown, Parker did not freeze out Kawhi in these crunch time plays. Kawhi got a touch every time down. Shit, Parker wasn't even involved in the last two plays, but yet "he was trying to find Danny and Gasol in the last minute." lmao.

Please be more objective. It legitimately saddens me when people let their biases control them.

This breakdown is stellar.

It's weird... you post stats and breakdowns and actually talk about the specifics of the game that happened... and suddenly the helmet crew is nowhere to be found, save one soul, who's clearly out of his depth. :lol

Brazil
01-12-2017, 11:16 AM
:lol the helmet krew is overall taking a beatdown this year... there is nothing they can go against without being vaporized

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Chalk up another fine game for Parker. Maybe House can pad in garbage time and give the crew something to celebrate. They're always conspicuously absent when Parker has good games.

Robz4000
01-12-2017, 10:26 PM

Lollard didn't play tbh; Portland actually played good defense that game.

TheGreatYacht
01-12-2017, 10:56 PM
Parker and Murray with great showings tonight. Hope Brett Brown treats Paddy great next year in Philly!

DarrinS
01-12-2017, 10:57 PM
Parker continues playing well, but the PG position remains a concern.

DarrinS
01-12-2017, 10:58 PM
Smallish PGs aren't trending.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 11:08 PM
He's not a good enough dribbler nor passer to run it effectively. He can run it a couple of times selectively, as he does now, but not with any kind of high frequency.

Yeah...Talking about facts. Kawhi was leading the league on PPP in P&Rs situations. His dribble was enough good to give him those good looks he had and scored.

Kawhi's P&Rs was the most effective play for his own shot in the season.

That's why it's so weird that you can't see how much he improved this season at it. How convinient for you...Because if you were able to recognize his progresses, you couldn't stick with the old ST narrative 'Kawhi can't drive'

And again, I answered you how many times Kawhi has the ball in his hands to run a pick and roll with Parker on the court?

If he has become that great scoring in those situations, just imagine if he would have the ball in his hands to keep improving.

He's okay in those areas but not good enough to grant him Harden/LBJ like ball dominance privileges.
Kawhi will never be LeBron. Like Kobe was never MJ.
But he's 25 years old, epic work ethic, and has improved every season. He will keep doing it.

Also, this team doesn't have other superstar, Kawhi is the closet thing to LeBron the Spurs will get in years. It's time to give him any possible chance to improve, give him those privileges and see what happens.

What will prevent this team from a title is they simply don't have the raw talent from 1-8 as the Warriors/Cavs. For fuck's sake. The Warriors have THREE MVP level players on their team and you're sitting here whining about shit that isn't even a problem.
In three years one of those superteams will collapse because can't keep all guys together, chemistry issues, some key player getting old...And Kawhi will reach his prime.
But he'll be a better player if he had the opportunities in these previous years to spread his wings and shine instead of begging for the ball in whole quarters.

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Yeah...Talking about facts. Kawhi was leading the league on PPP in P&Rs situations. His dribble was enough good to give him those good looks he had and scored.

Kawhi's P&Rs was the most effective play for his own shot in the season.

That's why it's so weird that you can't see how much he improved this season at it. How convinient for you...Because if you were able to recognize his progresses, you couldn't stick with the old ST narrative 'Kawhi can't drive'

And again, I answered you how many times Kawhi has the ball in his hands to run a pick and roll with Parker on the court?

If he has become that great scoring in those situations, just imagine if he would have the ball in his hands to keep improving.

Kawhi will never be LeBron. Like Kobe was never MJ.
But he's 25 years old, a work ethic and has improved every season, he will keep doing it.

Also, this team doesn't have other superstar, Kawhi is the closet thing to LeBron the Spurs will get in years. It's time to give him any chance to improve, give him those privileges and see what happens.

In three years one of those supersteams will collapse because can't keep all guys together, chemistry issues, some key player getting old...

Kawhi will reach his prime. But he'll be a better player if he had the opportunities in these previous years to spread his wings and shine instead of begging for the ball in whole quarters. ]

I don't care about PPP. It's meaningless without context. I could take 1 shot per game in garbage time, make it, and average a historic 2 points per shot. How many pick-and-roll sets does Kawhi actually run? Like I said, his PPP is nice because the Spurs run it selectively with him. He's not good enough to run it at the frequency you want. Sorry.

And why do you want Kawhi to be ball dominant? Small forwards aren't ball dominant players aside from James and Larry Bird, who wasn't really that ball dominant. Durant has never been ball dominant. George isn't ball dominant. Again, you're fanboying. You're more interested in seeing monster stats from your hero than the Spurs playing balanced team basketball.

And :lol Kawhi didn't get to spread his wings.

He went from a guy who couldn't shoot to averaging over 24ppg in 33 minutes. Yeah, didn't get to spread them at all.

Maybe you should find a Kawhitalk forum or something.

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 11:25 PM
Looks it's time to bust yet another myth.

:cry Kiwi don't git to run pic n roll cuz Porker take all those touches :cry

http://stats.nba.com/players/ball-handler/#!?sort=Time&dir=1

Kawhi's frequency as the pick-and-roll handler is higher than: Lebron James, Paul George, Kevin Durant, Giannis, and get this, even Steph Curry, who is perceived as a pnr spammer. :lol

I guess the helmets won't be satisfied until Kawhi gets a 100% usage rating across the board :lol

$pursDynasty
01-12-2017, 11:30 PM

Kawhi's frequency as the pick-and-roll handler is higher than: Lebron James, Paul George, Kevin Durant, Giannis, and get this, even Steph Curry, who is perceived as a pnr spammer. :lol

I guess the helmets won't be satisfied until Kawhi gets a 100% usage rating across the board :lol
Truth nuke

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 11:35 PM
I don't care about PPP. It's meaningless without context. I could take 1 shot per game in garbage time, make it, and average a historic 2 points per shot.

Sure. Because Kawhi plays many garbage time, right?

He barely sees the court in 4th quarters and now you say that his stats in PPP is because he plays garbage minutes??

Stop trolling.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 11:38 PM

Yeah...I've said it a millon times.

Kawhi got those plays in the first part of the season. Then his USG% and his frecuency at P&R ball handler has decreased A LOT in the last 7 games.

Silver&Black
01-12-2017, 11:38 PM
Gotdamn....Mid just destroying poster after poster.

Who is next?

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 11:41 PM
Gotdamn....Mid just destroying poster after poster.

Who is next?

Yeah...Mid 'facts' and 'views'

Because you're other one who think that Kawhi was P&R ball handler leader just because he scored in 'garbage time', right?

Also, you are another who agree with him that Parker won't be net negative in playoffs again when he faces Harden, CP3, Curry...

Good luck with all that, guys. :tu

apalisoc_9
01-12-2017, 11:42 PM
PP/R % is very misleading..

I thought better of you mid..

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Yeah...Mid 'facts' and 'views'

Because you're other one who thinks that Kawhi was P&R ball handler leader just because he scored in 'garbage time', right?

Also, you are another who agree with him that Parker won't be net negative in playoffs again when he faces Harden, CP3, Curry...

Good luck with all that, guys. :tu

And a 5'8" Patty House is gonna be a net positive, right :lmao

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 11:46 PM
And a 5'8" Patty House is gonna be a net positive, right :lmao

Like I care about Mills...

'But but b-u-t Kawhi is great at scoring on P&Rs just because he makes shots in GARBAGE time"

What a clown.

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 11:50 PM
PP/R % is very misleading..

I thought better of you mid..

"The stats that support my argument are solid, the stats that don't are 'misleading.' "

Time to end the crusade. All evidence this season points to Parker/Kawhi>Kawhi/House. Parker/Starters>House/Starters. And also shows that Kawhi isn't being underused per his status at all. It's becoming more and more evident that your lot are simply frothing Kawhi fanboys who want to see him put up "sick" stats and/or irrational Parker haters.

Now don't think I dislike House, but he has a ROLE. A role which he's very effective in alongside the right personnel. But to believe he's a true NBA PG that can run an offense is sheer fuckin' lunacy. Parker is also a score first PG, but he's 1000% better running an offense and managing a game than House. You all need to get it into your brains that House is a midget microwave shooting guard and isn't a solution to the point guard "problem."

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Like I care about Mills...

'But but b-u-t Kawhi is great at scoring on P&Rs just because he makes shots in GARBAGE time"

What a clown.

Kawhi never plays garbage time. Show me how many 4th quarter minutes he's played when the Spurs were up 20 or more?

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 11:59 PM
Kawhi never plays garbage time. Show me how many 4th quarter minutes he's played when the Spurs were up 20 or more?

I don't care about PPP. It's meaningless without context. I could take 1 shot per game in garbage time, make it, and average a historic 2 points per shot.

I'm not the guy who said this stupid thing about Kawhi's PPP in P&Rs...

So if Kawhi doesn't play in garbage time you have to admit that his P&Rs and PPP are legit.

midnightpulp
01-13-2017, 12:04 AM
I'm not the guy who said this stupid thing about Kawhi's PPP in P&Rs...

So if Kawhi doesn't play in garbage time you have to admit that his P&Rs and PPP are legit.

I was just explaining to you how PPP can be misleading, a point that went over your head. I actually thought Kawhi ran it less, but the stats show he runs it at a rate higher than pretty much every SF in the league and even some notable guards.

This all means you have one less thing to bellyache about. Kawhi's pnr touches are actually ABOVE AVERAGE for his position.

Again, another myth busted that Parker is limiting Kawhi's pnr game. Even Lebron doesn't run it as much :lol

So what are we gonna complain about next? Kawh needs 100% usage, right?

duncan2k5
03-05-2017, 11:59 AM
I keep saying...parker is unreliable...his good stretches are fools gold, and always ends up in us being burned in the playoffs...murray us just as much a spur as parker, and may end up being our best pg ever...20 years from now ppl will be wondering why in the world he wasn't playing this year...

UZER
03-05-2017, 12:58 PM
I keep saying...parker is unreliable...his good stretches are fools gold, and always ends up in us being burned in the playoffs...murray us just as much a spur as parker, and may end up being our best pg ever...20 years from now ppl will be wondering why in the world he wasn't playing this year...

Because that's just the way it is.

:pop:

Pop has become a slave to the system hes created. If he deviates too far from it, it loses credibility. The fact that Parker has nothing left in the tank has no impact on whether Murray plays or not. I've said if current Pop was coaching 2001, Parker would have ridden the bench for the entire season rather than given the chance to cut his chops early and get the rhythm, timing of the NBA game.

This team needs help at the PG position. Murray can help fill that need with his skill set. Nobody is claiming he's the savior of this season, but refusing to play him because "that's just the way it is" is ridiculous considering what Parker is given you at this point.