:lol Glorified BJ Armstrong

Leetonidas
01-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Iverson is the most overrated player in NBA history tbh

01-06-2017, 06:35 PM
:lol Mugsy Bogues would've shat on Thomas tbh

Spurtacular
01-06-2017, 06:37 PM
Well, I've always said that Iverson is the most over-rated player in league history. But I've said IT is currently the most over-rated player as well. So, OP is ironic happenstance for me.

01-06-2017, 06:44 PM
He might have been, during his time, tbh...but right now most people know what he really was and Kobe has taken that title :lol

lefty
01-06-2017, 07:06 PM
:lol Mugsy Bogues would've shat on Thomas tbh

True true

Chris
01-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Iverson would have averaged 40 ppg on today's NBA

:lol Thomas
:lol benefiting from t:lolday's NBA rules and phagotty softness

Iverson would dominate today's (:lol) point guards :lol

Gummi Clutch
01-06-2017, 07:45 PM
NBA finals :lol

Oh what you're gonna not give him credit for the easy East finals you dick suck lebron with?

weebo
01-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Iverson overrated? Damn, you all don't know basketball. :lol

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 08:24 PM

Muphuckas ignoring that Iverson's PEAK was pre-2004 BEFORE the rule changes.

He had the best season of his career in '05-'06 when he was at the tail end of his prime.:lmao

Isaiah Thomas is nothing more than a glorified Mighty Mouse who dropped a career high 54 in 2005 when he was TOSB thanks to the rule changes.:lol

_g1TC-wykKA

Leetonidas
01-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Lol overrating a high volume low percentage chucker with no defense because :cry he was a warrior :cry and got to the finals in the weakest EC era in recent memory to lose 4-1 :lol

:lol biggest accomplishment was not getting swept by the lakers

lefty
01-06-2017, 08:40 PM
:lol damn, OP gettin tag teamed in his thread
:lol even CN and HH won't try to save him, like "nope"

01-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Lol overrating a high volume low percentage chucker with no defense because :cry he was a warrior :cry and got to the finals in the weakest EC era in recent memory to lose 4-1 :lol

:lol biggest accomplishment was not getting swept by the lakers:lol

01-06-2017, 10:10 PM
Muphuckas ignoring that Iverson's PEAK was pre-2004 BEFORE the rule changes.

He had the best season of his career in '05-'06 when he was at the tail end of his prime.:lmao

Isaiah Thomas is nothing more than a glorified Mighty Mouse who dropped a career high 54 in 2005 when he was TOSB thanks to the rule changes.:lol

_g1TC-wykKA
Peak Iverson was the quintessential chucker :lol

From 99-05 he never shot higher than 42% :lol

He's a legend because he revolutionized the crossover/made And 1 ball mainstream, was one of the first tatted up ball players, and he had iconic moments (practice, crossing Jordan, etc)

but at the the end of the day, he was a midget chucker who lived at the FT line just as much as James "the flopper" Harden

01-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Tbh :lol

01-06-2017, 10:18 PM
Iverson would dominate today's (:lol) point guards :lolIverson never averaged a triple double like Westbrook or Harden... or had a season like Curry had last year...or a season like 09 Chris Paul :lol

Career best PER of 25 :lol
Career loser :lol
Poor :lol

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 11:05 PM
Peak Iverson was the quintessential chucker :lol

From 99-05 he never shot higher than 42% :lol

He's a legend because he revolutionized the crossover/made And 1 ball mainstream, was one of the first tatted up ball players, and he had iconic moments (practice, crossing Jordan, etc)

but at the the end of the day, he was a midget chucker who lived at the FT line just as much as James "the flopper" Harden

Iverson was more like 6'0" WestBrick rather than Harden, Iverson NEVER flopped which is why he was universally respected.

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 11:09 PM
Iverson never averaged a triple double like Westbrook or Harden... or had a season like Curry had last year...or a season like 09 Chris Paul :lol

Choke P would have to reach the Finals before he's ever compared to 1st ballot HOFer Iverson who shat on Kirby:

Yob7Ov9-wW0

ambchang
01-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Iverson never averaged a triple double like Westbrook or Harden... or had a season like Curry had last year...or a season like 09 Chris Paul :lol

Fact that there are so many guards that put up these crazy stats when there weren't that many great guards in the history of the league tells you that the rule changes made those stats. guards are generally normal human heights so it's not like there was suddenly a huge increase in supply. I can see peaks and valleys in big men talent as it's uncommon to get to 7' tall, but supply of athletic 6 footers are abundent.

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 11:11 PM

Should be a big accomplishment since that was the ONLY blemish on the '01 Lakers record & everyone else got swept including Timmay.:lol

Kirby looked like PEAK Jordan against the Spurs then Iverson brought him back to Earth in Gm 1 of the Finals.:toast

Leetonidas
01-06-2017, 11:14 PM
:lmao

Mitch
01-06-2017, 11:57 PM

:lol carrying on every crossover
:lol midget
:lol would be shut down by today's pg who is similarly as fast

Caltex2
01-07-2017, 03:10 AM

Somewhat agreed but he'd still do really well in this era.

JoeTait75
01-07-2017, 07:48 AM

All this is true but I loved AI anyway. :lol

Still, beating that Lakers team in a Finals game single-handed deserves some kudos.

AI was just kind of a novelty act. Like a Black Pete Maravich.

DMC
01-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Thomas is a good player. I knew this before he was acquired by Boston. He's a really good outside shooter.

StrengthAndHonor
01-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Yeah, that's a checkmate hahaha

KL2
01-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Fact that there are so many guards that put up these crazy stats when there weren't that many great guards in the history of the league tells you that the rule changes made those stats. guards are generally normal human heights so it's not like there was suddenly a huge increase in supply. I can see peaks and valleys in big men talent as it's uncommon to get to 7' tall, but supply of athletic 6 footers are abundent.

Nah, the NBA is just better, just accept it. More people watch basketball, participate in basketball at younger ages, have access to training methods and technologies which allow them to get better etc. America's population has increased by around 30 million since 2005, 80 mill since '90. You introduce 30 million people to a country, that's going to play a huge role in it's athletics. Worldwide it's increased by hundreds of millions.

Thomas isn't some sort of svelte guard like Iverson, Armstrong etc. he's got around 20lbs of muscle on these guys whilst having a 40" vertical, he's a mini tank. Don't know why people are comparing him to them in this thread, completely physically different.

HarlemHeat37
01-07-2017, 06:30 PM
My today's NBA people need to stop arguing with these delusional people that have been clouded and brainwashed by nostalgia, tbh..just enjoy the beautiful game of today, appreciate players resting for our long-term entertainment, and applaud the elimination of goons/big stiffs, tbh..

Don't bother with them anymore, tbh..reminds me of when my dad questioned me wearing a blouse and capris in the Summer:lol he couldn't comprehend the evolution of men's fashion..

lefty
01-07-2017, 06:35 PM
You wore blouse and capris?

ambchang
01-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Nah, the NBA is just better, just accept it. More people watch basketball, participate in basketball at younger ages, have access to training methods and technologies which allow them to get better etc. America's population has increased by around 30 million since 2005, 80 mill since '90. You introduce 30 million people to a country, that's going to play a huge role in it's athletics. Worldwide it's increased by hundreds of millions.

Thomas isn't some sort of svelte guard like Iverson, Armstrong etc. he's got around 20lbs of muscle on these guys whilst having a 40" vertical, he's a mini tank. Don't know why people are comparing him to them in this thread, completely physically different.

Exactly why china and India are such basketball power houses.

Eric Bledsoe is a mini tank. He suck.

ambchang
01-08-2017, 12:09 AM
My today's NBA people need to stop arguing with these delusional people that have been clouded and brainwashed by nostalgia, tbh..just enjoy the beautiful game of today, appreciate players resting for our long-term entertainment, and applaud the elimination of goons/big stiffs, tbh..

Don't bother with them anymore, tbh..reminds me of when my dad questioned me wearing a blouse and capris in the Summer:lol he couldn't comprehend the evolution of men's fashion..

That's why big men in :lol today's NBA can't make a simple reverse pivot, or how one of the leading MVP candidate can't even be a consistent outside shooter despite playing in the perimeter. Westbrook can hardly see the floor as a point guard, while a player like rose actually won MVP. Not to mention choke artists like durant and curry being the last three mvps with one of them literally throwing away the Larry obrien away with his behind the back pass. The only comparably choke MVP was pedo but he wasn't unanimous and only reason he won is because people are sick of voting for Jordan.

And :lol blouse.

Down Under
01-08-2017, 02:43 AM
Today's NBA is the best it's ever been, men's fashion however is just copying different aspects of other era's, not really original at all tbh

01-09-2017, 08:18 PM
That's why big men in :lol today's NBA can't make a simple reverse pivot, or how one of the leading MVP candidate can't even be a consistent outside shooter despite playing in the perimeter. Westbrook can hardly see the floor as a point guard, while a player like rose actually won MVP. Not to mention choke artists like durant and curry being the last three mvps with one of them literally throwing away the Larry obrien away with his behind the back pass. The only comparably choke MVP was pedo but he wasn't unanimous and only reason he won is because people are sick of voting for Jordan.

:lol if the big men of today played 20 years ago they would dominate
:lol yesterday's antiquated defense would have no idea how to guard a big that can post up, take you off the dribble, or also shoot the three
:lol bully ball
:lol only defense was pushing guys around

djohn2oo8
01-09-2017, 08:20 PM
:lol yesterday's antiquated defense would have no idea how to guard a big that can post up, take you off the dribble, or also shoot the three
:lol None of today's bigs know how to correctly post up which is why they are being forced to shoot 3's

DAF86
01-09-2017, 08:27 PM

He still made the NBA finals alongside the likes of Eric Snow and Tyrone Hill in yesterday's NBA, tbh.

ambchang
01-09-2017, 10:01 PM

:lol today's NBA big and posting up in the same sentence
:lol Bill laimbeer
:lol bill wennington
:lol Luc longley
:lol derrick Coleman
:lol dan Issel
:lol Shawn kemp
:lol vin baker
:lol acting like no center could shoot before
:lol today's ignorant NBA fan.

Forgetting that Antonio Davis is a poor mans version of Kevin Garnett who's a poor mans version of David Robinson
:lol Patrick Ewing was nailing 20 footers like nothing 20 years ago
:lol Willis reed was doing the same thing 40 years ago
:lol Charles Barkley was nailing three pointers, leading fast breaks and doing coast to coasts 30 years ago
:lol manute Bol nailing 6 three pointers in a game or something like that
:lol Arvydis Sabonis nailing three pointers, throwing passes like a guard and handling the ball 30 years ago
:lol Ralph Sampson with his guard skills 30 years ago
:lol vlade divac with his guard skills 30 years ago
:lol Hakeem killing folks with deft footwork 30 years ago

The only big in :lol today's NBA who can post up, handle the ball and shoot from outside is no one.
The best big in :lol today's NBA barely shooting above 40% and having a mental breakdown every month like a period
:lol Antonio Davis doesn't even know where the low block is
A midget draymond green being some kind of defensive monster when the fact is other teams don't even have a big who can take advantage of his lack of height
:lol :wow mvpau still being one of the best low post offensive bigs at 40 years old
:lol fat gasol as some sort of agile big in today's league
:lol Zach Randolph still bullying people around with his antiquated game
Karl Antony towns leading the most disappointing team in :lol today's NBA.

Splits
01-09-2017, 10:12 PM

:reading

01-09-2017, 10:15 PM
:lol today's NBA big and posting up in the same sentence
:lol Bill laimbeer
:lol bill wennington
:lol Luc longley
:lol derrick Coleman
:lol dan Issel
:lol Shawn kemp
:lol vin baker
:lol acting like no center could shoot before
:lol today's ignorant NBA fan.

Forgetting that Antonio Davis is a poor mans version of Kevin Garnett who's a poor mans version of David Robinson
:lol Patrick Ewing was nailing 20 footers like nothing 20 years ago
:lol Willis reed was doing the same thing 40 years ago
:lol Charles Barkley was nailing three pointers, leading fast breaks and doing coast to coasts 30 years ago
:lol manute Bol nailing 6 three pointers in a game or something like that
:lol Arvydis Sabonis nailing three pointers, throwing passes like a guard and handling the ball 30 years ago
:lol Ralph Sampson with his guard skills 30 years ago
:lol vlade divac with his guard skills 30 years ago
:lol Hakeem killing folks with deft footwork 30 years ago

The only big in :lol today's NBA who can post up, handle the ball and shoot from outside is no one.
The best big in :lol today's NBA barely shooting above 40% and having a mental breakdown every month like a period
:lol Antonio Davis doesn't even know where the low block is
A midget draymond green being some kind of defensive monster when the fact is other teams don't even have a big who can take advantage of his lack of height
:lol :wow mvpau still being one of the best low post offensive bigs at 40 years old
:lol fat gasol as some sort of agile big in today's league
:lol Zach Randolph still bullying people around with his antiquated game
Karl Antony towns leading the most disappointing team in :lol today's NBA.
:wow

lefty
01-10-2017, 01:11 AM
:wow ambchang going in raw

djohn2oo8
01-10-2017, 01:15 AM
:wow ambchang going in raw

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.png

Kawhitstorm
01-10-2017, 01:32 AM
reminds me of when my dad questioned me wearing a blouse and capris in the Summer:lol he couldn't comprehend the evolution of men's fashion..

Revolutionary HH:

Z2DfB-pY9G0

GfMSfa6xmtc&spfreload=10

Splits
01-10-2017, 02:44 AM
CN in response to amb:

:cry but but Lebron :cry
:cry Pippen carried "dad killer" :cry
:cry Kemp got "paid" (even though he didn't) :cry
:cry please come save me harlem and apo :cry

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

:cry yesterday's NBA taking losses by my worthless edict :cry

:cry TRUMP bitches :cry

Brazil
01-10-2017, 08:08 AM
I just googled blouse and capris (sorry my Frenchittude tbh, I did not know wtf is that) so I got:

http://wesewretro.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/gerties-capric-pants-and-blouse-butterick-5895-2-580x873.jpg

wtf Harlem tbh ?

Brazil
01-10-2017, 08:10 AM
I tried blouse and capris for men and I got

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1241640115/Bandana-west-coast-ktz-casual-pants-trousers-sports-pants-harem-pants-capris-man-women-s-lovers.jpg

01-10-2017, 08:37 AM

lefty
01-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Those would look good with Air Jordans; too bad HarlemHeat37 can't afford them

Oh well at least he has some Apex Karl Malone shoes in his closet (nevermind he burned them IIRC)

daslicer
01-10-2017, 10:28 AM

:lol I can honestly say by your logic my fashion sense would be antiquated.

dfens
01-10-2017, 11:26 AM

rules favor some type of behavior -> players do that to maximize winning. The league sees the market of casuals who like big jumping monkeys and 3p chuckers and it sells this market what it needs by making sure these players succeed. It does this by altering the rules (5s key, illegal defense, handchecking, illegal screens offensively, dubious and1s). You think they care about basketball loving people? :lol they care about the hordes of asians learning the game, they care about hipsters, soccer moms, corporate losers, they care about revenue not the game. This is a basic business strategy, just oversell the same thing till the business product quality goes down, then you sell before the bust and it's a wrap. Hollywood is doing the same thing with monkey blockbusters.

I'd bet you that if you set the rules back to the 80s players/coaches would adapt in after a while. Same thing could be said for the 90s where players and coaches needed some time to understand the value of the 3p shot and the new defensive rules.

He still made the NBA finals alongside the likes of Eric Snow and Tyrone Hill in yesterday's NBA, tbh.

adjusting for pace, teammates and opponents lebron has probably had the hardest path out of all the goat players, imo he is very underrated by casuals. His ability to switch as big while being a perimeter superstar and a post-up option is just insane from a tactical standpoint. He won a ring with spolestra, went to finals with mike brown/snow/pavlovic/szerbizack/hughues :lmao. That's like free climbing with a prison ball chain on each arm and each leg :wow it's like penaldo or misty winning the world cup with a team like the usa tbh :lol

djohn2oo8
01-10-2017, 02:00 PM
Harlem up in here gettin bodied left and right

dfens
01-12-2017, 05:54 PM
I just googled blouse and capris (sorry my Frenchittude tbh, I did not know wtf is that) so I got:

http://wesewretro.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/gerties-capric-pants-and-blouse-butterick-5895-2-580x873.jpg

wtf Harlem tbh ?

son are you sure you didn't search trannies tbh? this nigga harlem is really into this? damn son.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 06:32 PM
Should be a big accomplishment since that was the ONLY blemish on the '01 Lakers record & everyone else got swept including Timmay.:lol

Kirby looked like PEAK Jordan against the Spurs then Iverson brought him back to Earth in Gm 1 of the Finals.:toast

Kobe never looked like peak Jordan. GTFO with that trash.

dfens
01-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Kobe never looked like peak Jordan. GTFO with that trash.

62 in 3 quarters vs a champ level team ... he looked like peak jesus tbh, and this is coming from a kobe hating laker fan.
Maximum peak attainable - just one game - there is nobody that beats a red hot peak kobe, nobody, not jordan not lebron not magic nor bird nor kareem nor wilt nor peak shaq. nobody.
just bullshit shot after bullshit shot, nothing anybody can do about it. of course career wise kobe isn't even top 10, but that's another discussion, but one game with maximum form and maximum peak you go with kobe tbh.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 08:50 PM
62 in 3 quarters vs a champ level team ... he looked like peak jesus tbh, and this is coming from a kobe hating laker fan.
Maximum peak attainable - just one game - there is nobody that beats a red hot peak kobe, nobody, not jordan not lebron not magic nor bird nor kareem nor wilt nor peak shaq. nobody.
just bullshit shot after bullshit shot, nothing anybody can do about it. of course career wise kobe isn't even top 10, but that's another discussion, but one game with maximum form and maximum peak you go with kobe tbh.

Regular season against a TERRIBLE team.

Jordan didn't need to score 82 to make another team his bitch. He destroyed them so thoroughly that the game was over.

Also, Jordan knew that making his team that reliant on him would end badly. And it did for Kobe.

lefty
01-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Kobe was great against the Spurs in 2001, no question

But the guys guarding him were Antonio Daniels and TOSB Elliott

dfens
01-13-2017, 05:28 AM
Regular season against a TERRIBLE team.

Jordan didn't need to score 82 to make another team his bitch. He destroyed them so thoroughly that the game was over.

Also, Jordan knew that making his team that reliant on him would end badly. And it did for Kobe.

son nobody sane is arguing that kobe is in the same breath as jordan. I'm just saying for one game at their peak, when both of them are max hot, kobe is a the better player.