PDA

View Full Version : Horry for 3!!!

bull62400
10-10-2005, 12:46 AM
Where were u when Horry won Game 5 in the Finals and how did u react?

Chris
10-10-2005, 12:55 AM
At my grandma's house with her watching the game. I jumped out of my seat and was shouting at the top of my lungs! Good times...

Spurs16212
10-10-2005, 01:27 AM
I was at home with my family watching the game. I have to admit that it was the best game I have ever seen. I had already told my family that Robert Horry somehow was going to make an impact on the game and have something to do with the ending since he is known to do that. Low and behold that is what happened. Incredible game. Good to see the Spurs came out on top and eventually when the championship.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-10-2005, 01:29 AM
Mookie, Pimpo, and I were at Pimpo's resort in Victoria Texas. We had recently imbibed some syzzurp and taken a whiff of a big spliff. I had given up for the game cuz i had swiveled too far in my swivel chair and accidentally knocked over and subsequently broke my Forty. Seconds before I was about to leave my chair Horry hit a sick three. I was like

"WhaaWhaaWhwhwhwhwwhhaahwhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aat>>>?~?~?~?~?~???!?!?!?!"

carina_gino20
10-10-2005, 03:38 AM
ah...i remember so clearly..i was in the house, lying on my stomach with the blanket covering my head..haha..before the three i was mumbling "we've got to win this, somehow we are going to win this, i just don't know how."

and then the 3 came and I was jumping up and down but "wait, there's still time left? oh no!" (back to lying position) :lmao

gospursgojas
10-10-2005, 03:48 AM
I was sitting in this very comp chair... watching it late and recorded on my DVR (it was a miracle I didnt hear about what happened before I got home to watch it) I jumped out of my chair but I couldnt yell or clap or make any noise b/c my wife was already asleep

howbouthemspurs
10-10-2005, 03:57 AM
I was was watchin the game in my room and standing up the whole 4th quarter and overtime sweating from jumping up and down everywhere after horry hit the previous four 3's.

When he hit that last one I almost put a whole in the ceiling with my head for jumping so high!!

gospursgojas
10-10-2005, 04:05 AM
I was was watchin the game in my room and standing up the whole 4th quarter and overtime sweating from jumping up and down everywhere after horry hit the previous four 3's.

When he hit that last one I almost put a whole in the ceiling with my head for jumping so high!!

You got to be carfull not to put holes in your cardboard box roof...how do you get electricity in there for a TV

NZHayden
10-10-2005, 04:42 AM
i was at the pub half cut with a bunch of mates, when he hit the 3 we yelled our asses off, everyone else in the pub went quiet and just stared at us as if we were a bunch of weirdos, good times

SLOVENIAN 8
10-10-2005, 05:40 AM
I watched the game in my room from my bed, becouse the clock was 4AM at moorning :lol :lol

ZStomp
10-10-2005, 06:58 AM
At home with a few friends.
We then went to shoot some hoops and then went to the airport but they took too long so we left.

sprrs
10-10-2005, 08:25 AM
I was in my room pacing back and forth and when the shot went in, I was yeling and screaming and jumping up and down releasing all that tension :blah, I could hear my mom screaming down the hall also

Somehow you just knew that it was gonna be a close game all the way to the end and that the ball would end up in his hands. Even when he made that dunk and was grabbing his arm I was like "great not how the hell's he gonna knock down the game winner?". It was just an awesome feeling :spin

ObiwanGinobili
10-10-2005, 08:35 AM
( for a second I thought this was a thread directed to poster Horry For 3! :lol )

I was at home , in my living room, sitting on the edge of the couch, crouched like a tiger. Had a big pillow up to my face and I was biting it, just peaking over the edge...... then the 3 goes in and I jump up like a mad woman. Screaming and hooting and hollering..
I wore my hand out doing the high 5's with my husband......

man. that was a great day.

batman2883
10-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Madison Avenue watching the game then jumped up and started giving fives to every damn person in the bar....we partied as if the Spurs had one the championship

clooneyschick04
10-10-2005, 09:04 AM
At my grandmother's house in San Antonio with family and friends. We were all SO mad at Duncan for missing that tip-in but I wouldn't have changed that ending for the world. When the shot went in we gave high fives and hugs as if the Spurs had already won it all. Even watching it on my Spurs DVD gives me goosebumps. :fro

caŽlo
10-10-2005, 09:27 AM
i was in my room.. logged into spurstalk.com chat. watched it live n tv

chatting and celebrating with other st.com regulars :)

mookie2001
10-10-2005, 10:14 AM
I then broke every single fucking thing in the house out of joy

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Sitting on my apartment floor about two feet from the TV screen calling updates to the next room to my wife because her stomach was in too many knots to actually watch the game. I'm sure I woke up some of my neighbors with my exultment. (Probably not a word, but I felt like using it.)

thispego
10-10-2005, 10:25 AM
in my apt in san marcos, pissed as hell duncan was missing free-throws and game winning tip-ins
then horry hit the trey, i was like ohhhh fuck yeah, duncan your ass just got saved, you better hope to god your team is able to get a stop in the closing seconds

i wasnt able to celebrate until time had expired

A Serbian Beast
10-10-2005, 10:29 AM
I sat on my couch in disgust very pissed at fucking Rasheed Wallace for being a dumbass and leaving Horry open. Then I walked to my room and didn't watch any sports shows. Instead I watched Spongebob to calm down. Yeah, your jealous.

Horry For 3!
10-10-2005, 02:25 PM
I was in SpursTalk Chatroom telling everyone that Horry will step up big in the 2nd half when everyone was telling me shit and then after everyone was bowing down to me.

baseline bum
10-10-2005, 02:25 PM
I was kicking it in the crib, yelling out the window at the Laker fans in the neighborhood every time the Spurs scored, and hearing shit from them every time Detroit did. I punched a hole in the wall when Duncan missed that tip-in, and I ran outside to yell fuck allay'all to the Laker fans after Rob hit the game-winner. Then I went in front of their building and started yelling "SAN ANTONIO!" at the top of my lungs after Bruce got the rebound of Hamilton's miss.

A Serbian Beast
10-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Was it Hamilton who took the shot for Detroit at the end? I don't even remember. Glad LB's gone tho, we always lost close games because he didnt give the ball to the guy who's nickname is Mr. BigShot.

sprrs
10-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Was it Hamilton who took the shot for Detroit at the end? I don't even remember. Glad LB's gone tho, we always lost close games because he didnt give the ball to the guy who's nickname is Mr. BigShot.

If I remember correctly that play wasn't meant for Mr. Big Shot Bob either :rolleyes

Ishta
10-10-2005, 02:47 PM
If I remember correctly that play wasn't meant for Mr. Big Shot Bob either :rolleyes
You are correct..if I remember it was going to be Manu's play

spurs=bling
10-10-2005, 04:49 PM
at home with my famliy and some friends.
then all of us started to scream at the top of our lungs when the shot went in. :)

Brutalis
10-10-2005, 05:24 PM
In my room in the back of the house. I turned everything off, blacked the room out except for the tv due to my nerves.

What was awesome was, as soon as the inbound hit Manu, Horry was already wide open as he took a few steps to the 3 point line. For about 3 seconds I screamed PASS TO HORRY PASS THE UIREWY4W9O5764343956 BALL. I think all of us Spurs fans noticed how wide open he was all along.

Then he passed it. Then he hit it. I yelled, probably woke up the neighborhood as I strummed the guitar in celebrating. I did, get wasted after that. Gooooood times.

David Bowie
10-10-2005, 08:23 PM
At my house nearly dying in front of the TV. I was pissed that I missed a lot of the fourth quater because I was switching the chanell on and off because I was too nerveous to watch.

Sense
10-10-2005, 08:46 PM
At my uncle's house drinking some bud light.

spurs=bling
10-10-2005, 09:36 PM
At my house nearly dying in front of the TV. I was pissed that I missed a lot of the fourth quater because I was switching the chanell on and off because I was too nerveous to watch.
:lol

i swear my heart skipped a beat at that time.

duncan2k5
10-11-2005, 03:01 AM
i was at home with my cousins (at their house) and i was standin up directly in front the tv the whole game (i get to hyped to sit down for spurs games). and when we were down 2 and inbounding the ball when i saw the ball go to Horry i KNEW it was going in. you know how you get that feeling. when it went in i was like yyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! and started jumping up and down cursing Detroit like they can hear me. no one got mad at me because they know how i get. then when rip missed because he is a choke i started to curse him out too when he was asking for a foul when he clearly was attempting to take of tony's head