PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Grizzlies!

TXstbobcat
01-07-2017, 01:36 AM
Golden State Pisses away a 24 point lead. Spurs back within 1.5 games of the 1 seed in the west. :toast

BillMc
01-07-2017, 01:40 AM
Yep.

Blue print on how size can pummel the Dubs. Hope Pau is talking to Marc. If an old Zbo can pound them a motivated LMA should be a wrecking ball.

Dubs 0-3 vs Gasol family.

Spur|n|Austin
01-07-2017, 01:45 AM
Grizzlies looked solid down the stretch

:lol at KD chunking up shots

BillMc
01-07-2017, 01:47 AM
KD fell down again at crunch time. That happens a lot. :lol

TXstbobcat
01-07-2017, 01:52 AM

Did you see that charge he got called for in OT???

That OT was worth staying up for tonight!!!

timtonymanu
01-07-2017, 01:53 AM

:cry buh I would have made it if I didn't trip.

01-07-2017, 01:53 AM
Spurs need to stay #2 seed to avoid Daddy Clippers.

BillMc
01-07-2017, 01:54 AM
Dubs are more top heavy than a silicon stripper. Look at that bench? Only Livingston contributed. What's happened to Iggy?

BillMc
01-07-2017, 01:55 AM
:cry buh I would have made it if I didn't trip.
:lol Only system players stay upright.

Mikeanaro
01-07-2017, 01:57 AM
Lol never saw that one coming, watched how they were trailing by 15 points or something like that in the 2nd quarter and thought everything was lost and look the outcome!

99 Problems
01-07-2017, 01:57 AM

was very tense. Whistle blew and it seemed nobody was sure what to call.

UZER
01-07-2017, 01:58 AM

Hes like Romo in crunch time. The mishandled extra point in Seattle was a "fluke". Then those type of things just kept happening over and over in crunch time and it's not a fluke anymore, it's who you are.

BillMc
01-07-2017, 01:58 AM

Great theater.:toast All the ST cliff jumpers should realize other teams have flaws too.

BillMc
01-07-2017, 02:00 AM
Hes like Romo in crunch time. The mishandled extra point in Seattle was a "fluke". Then those type of things just kept happening over and over in crunch time and it's not a fluke anymore, it's who you are.
Perfect analogy :toast

spursistan
01-07-2017, 02:00 AM

Bullyball >> Wardellball

rim-attack + rebound >> chuck-a-three in playoff basketball...Pat Riley dictum will live on..

99 Problems
01-07-2017, 02:04 AM
Grizzmania sweeping ST.

$pursDynasty
01-07-2017, 02:22 AM
Good to see the Dubs have a bad match up they would care to avoid early in the playoffs (the Fizzlies) like we do, the paper clips.

Chillen
01-07-2017, 02:33 AM
Spurs have a shot at beating these guys in the playoffs, they have trouble defending big players in the post. Getting Durant cost them plenty of depth and they have like no size in the post except for Green, Durant, ZaZa. You have to match their points and play great defense to beat them. If Durant get's injured, they will be very beatable because they have little depth or size now (West, McGee, Andre, Anderson V). They still live by the 3 and die by the 3 even with Durant, will be tough to beat but not unbeatable.

Hoops Czar
01-07-2017, 02:36 AM
Yep.

Blue print on how size can pummel the Dubs. Hope Pau is talking to Marc. If an old Zbo can pound them a motivated LMA should be a wrecking ball.

Dubs 0-3 vs Gasol family.

The blueprint is to hope GS misses on all but two of its 4th quarter fgs? GS had a ton of makeable shots in the 4th and hit on only 2 of them. They led the Grizzlies by 24 at one point and 19 after three quarters. I'm calling it complacency and the Spurs have been guilty of that on numerous occasions this season too.

Robz4000
01-07-2017, 02:37 AM
:rollin this team has no chance if they have to go through the Spurs and Cavs

BillMc
01-07-2017, 02:42 AM
The blueprint is to hope GS misses on all but two of its 4th quarter fgs? GS had a ton of makeable shots in the 4th and hit on only 2 of them. They led the Grizzlies by 24 at one point and 19 after three quarters. I'm calling it complacency and the Spurs have been guilty of that on numerous occasions this season too.
They are vulnerable to big, skilled front lines. Spurs got that

ElNono
01-07-2017, 03:16 AM
Mike Conley <3

Spurtacular
01-07-2017, 03:28 AM
Golden State Pisses away a 24 point lead. Spurs back within 1.5 games of the 1 seed in the west. :toast

Could see the Spurs having the 1 seed by their match-up with Cavs on Jan 21.

HI-FI
01-07-2017, 03:42 AM
Shit, should've watched the rest of it, I figured Grizz would lose. The Bucks Knicks game was good as well.
props to Richard Simmons (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=32991) on his Grizz.

itzsoweezee
01-07-2017, 04:06 AM
The best part was KD asking Steph for the ball on a play down the stretch just so he could go iso. Green got really upset about it because they were supposed to run a pick and roll.

I don't think Steph really enjoys playing with KD. He just looked so dejected. KD doesn't want to play the Harrison Barnes role, but the dubs are much better when the ball is in Curry or Draymond's hands.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-07-2017, 04:12 AM
Mike Conley <3

Worth every damn penny.

Ice009
01-07-2017, 06:54 AM
Are you serious? I looked at the score and I think they were down 20 or close to it at the start of the 4th quarter? The Grizz came back and won that game?

From Downtown
01-07-2017, 07:06 AM
GSW are 0-5 vs San Antonio, Cleveland, Houston and Memphis

NameLess Scrub
01-07-2017, 07:25 AM
The best part was KD asking Steph for the ball on a play down the stretch just so he could go iso. Green got really upset about it because they were supposed to run a pick and roll.

I don't think Steph really enjoys playing with KD. He just looked so dejected. KD doesn't want to play the Harrison Barnes role, but the dubs are much better when the ball is in Curry or Draymond's hands.

Well since Draymond yelled at him, I guess they'll go to Steph to make the play next time.

TampaDude
01-07-2017, 07:33 AM
Heh...I went to sleep...figured it was gonna be a Dubs blowout...and it was...until the fourth quarter... :lol

CGD
01-07-2017, 08:28 AM
I mean, weren't we the ones that showed the blueprint during game 1 of the season?

Mr. Body
01-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Fuck, are they replaying this? I turned it off.

ECOV
01-07-2017, 08:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iux0FqjSZw8

cutewizard
01-07-2017, 09:06 AM
The best part was KD asking Steph for the ball on a play down the stretch just so he could go iso. Green got really upset about it because they were supposed to run a pick and roll.I don't think Steph really enjoys playing with KD. He just looked so dejected. KD doesn't want to play the Harrison Barnes role, but the dubs are much better when the ball is in Curry or Draymond's hands.

:bobo

DarrinS
01-07-2017, 09:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iux0FqjSZw8

Lol, that stupid ass shot Curry takes at 7:56

GSH
01-07-2017, 09:23 AM

I'm glad you said it. I get tired of being that guy.

The Griz could re-play that 4th quarter 10 times and maybe come out with one win, if they were lucky. Remember - it was the same "big, skilled front line" that got them into the 24 point hole to begin with. And the Spurs have the wrong Gasol. But maybe by playoff time, things will be different?

GSH
01-07-2017, 09:26 AM

Steph is now ranked something like 6-7 in the MVP race. The article said that he is getting used to "his new role". I don't think he likes his new role worth a damn. And I don't blame him. Durant has never respected his teammates' abilities. And Curry is a hell of a lot more dangerous than KD - or at least he should be.

Mr. Body
01-07-2017, 09:30 AM

The Griz could re-play that 4th quarter 10 times and maybe come out with one win, if they were lucky. Remember - it was the same "big, skilled front line" that got them into the 24 point hole to begin with. And the Spurs have the wrong Gasol. But maybe by playoff time, things will be different?

The playoffs are always different. GSW hasn't had a dominant playoff run yet, and had a fortunate sequence of opponents the year they won. Their style doesn't grind well, and last night's fourth quarter was a grind. Can a team grind them for seven games? Maybe. Last night wasn't really a fluke - they've shown themselves vulnerable to teams that lock in and do the dirty work. Same with the Cleveland game. If they face a team that can lock in from early in a series, they're in trouble.

Mr. Body
01-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Steph is now ranked something like 6-7 in the MVP race. The article said that he is getting used to "his new role". I don't think he likes his new role worth a damn. And I don't blame him. Durant has never respected his teammates' abilities. And Curry is a hell of a lot more dangerous than KD - or at least he should be.

I think there's been chemistry problems since the Spurs thwacked them in the first game of the season. They don't have a great psychological core, although they win so many games it may not matter.

elemento
01-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Dubeta going to GS is the worst thing that could have happened to Steph's career. Dude had a GOAT level season, everyone was talking about him, everyone loved him and he was the face of the NBA.

He became a super role player to accommodate a selfish loser like KD.

KD is 0-9 in ISO plays in the last 4 minutes of the game. That's all you need to know to realize that DG is totally right.

GSH
01-07-2017, 09:51 AM
The playoffs are always different. GSW hasn't had a dominant playoff run yet, and had a fortunate sequence of opponents the year they won. Their style doesn't grind well, and last night's fourth quarter was a grind. Can a team grind them for seven games? Maybe. Last night wasn't really a fluke - they've shown themselves vulnerable to teams that lock in and do the dirty work. Same with the Cleveland game. If they face a team that can lock in from early in a series, they're in trouble.

If, by the end of the season, the Spurs are no longer getting into big holes in the first quarters of games, then that may be true. They aren't going to win a 7 game series against the Dubs or Cavs by coming back from big deficits. The Griz got by with it last night, but there's no future in it.

There's still a lot of season left. Steph may be so sick of Durant by the end of the season that the team won't have any chemistry at all. Injuries happen. I'm just saying that what the Griz did last night, they couldn't do for 4 out of 7 games.

bklynspursfan
01-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Warriors are 0-5 against the Spurs, Grizz, and Rockets.

Spurs and Grizz didn't go small when they. Beat those little guys down when they go small.

Also this.. trouble in paradise is always nice to see. Green totally gives up on the play after yelling at Durant, Curry doesn't wanna give the ball up. (Curry was hot too, I don't blame him)

Capt Bringdown
01-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Spurs need to stay #2 seed to avoid Daddy Clippers.

For the Spurs, that's Big Daddy Clippers. I don't think anyone from Pop down to the ball boy believes that they can beat the Clippers. Doc has replaced Phil Jackson in Pop's mind apparently.

superbigtime
01-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Zbo always one of my faves. Got a lot of heart and ability.

cd98
01-07-2017, 10:47 AM

Is this ironic? Warriors want Durant to be a system player? You know what KD thinks about system players.

Kawhitstorm
01-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Pop is going to blow the race for the #1 seed in the final week of the season so the only thing I'm keeping an eye on is for the Cripples/Grizz to be the 4/5 seed since the Grizz own BOTH the Cripples/Duds.:lol

Also avoid the Jazz in the 1st rd if they EVER get fully healthy, wouldn't mind them playing the cRockets since Harden would either be completely worn out or the Jazz would be walking wounded by the time they get to the 2nd rd.

Darius Bieber
01-07-2017, 12:37 PM
The best thing is how in every ESPN Promo ad for this game, they only showed Golden State players. Never even mentioned any Grizzlies. Fuck the Warriors.

itzsoweezee
01-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Well since Draymond yelled at him, I guess they'll go to Steph to make the play next time.

Maybe, but the same type of thing was happening in the fourth quarter of the Cavs game.

TimDunkem
01-07-2017, 01:13 PM

Spurs and Grizz didn't go small when they. Beat those little guys down when they go small.

Also this.. trouble in paradise is always nice to see. Green totally gives up on the play after yelling at Durant, Curry doesn't wanna give the ball up. (Curry was hot too, I don't blame him)

Wow. That was one of the stupidest plays I've seen in a long time. You have the lead and decide to wave everyone off to chuck up a long, contested three? What the fuck? :lol

skulls138
01-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Zbo always one of my faves. Got a lot of heart and ability.Me too but Duncan shut him down in the playoffs in one of Randolphs best seasons. Not a knock on Randolph but praise for Duncan.

ECOV
01-07-2017, 01:34 PM
well i hear the nets are willing to trade brook lopez for 1st round picks. it would suck if GSW would pick him up.

skulls138
01-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Durant was 0-5 three point shooting. :lol

skulls138
01-07-2017, 01:42 PM
I think there's been chemistry problems since the Spurs thwacked them in the first game of the season. They don't have a great psychological core, although they win so many games it may not matter.Its the same with all these so called "super teams", theres only one ball and they dont have enough role players. You could say Cleveland was a super team but they have Tristan Thompson for rebounding and Lebron is fine doing the other stuff while Kyrie goes off.

Trainwreck2100
01-07-2017, 01:46 PM
:lol tie game out of a timeout 40 foot heave. Fuck that team is trying to kill basketball.

gospursgojas
01-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Wow. That was one of the stupidest plays I've seen in a long time. You have the lead and decide to wave everyone off to chuck up a long, contested three? What the fuck? :lol

Zero x's and o's, hero, iso ball is what he's used to from OKC. That's why he won shit. .

RD2191
01-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Lol bum ass KD. softest star in nba history

tbdog
01-07-2017, 02:16 PM

The 0-5 means nothing in January. And we all knew that talent big man teams would cause them grief. But what is great to see is that prepared teams are finding ways to defend them. The blueprint was made last year when we beat them in game 2. More teams are using the switch tactic. Stay big, switch, and control the boards. Hopefully the deficit of giving them one and none shots each possession, your teams extra possessions and FT's outsets their 3 point shooting.

And yes it was lovely to see them bickering displayed there.

BillMc
01-07-2017, 02:51 PM

Of course, when you come back from that much down there are fluke things happening. But if you watched this game and the previous Memphis victory over the Dubs you'd see the pattern. Undersized Draymomd and bean pole, perimeter-orientated Durant struggle when they are forced to defend larger bigs who are also skilled. They are fine against smaller bigs and the 7 foot stiffs who makeup most the league. However, LMA and Pau may be the most offensively skilled pairing of 7 footers in the NBA. I agree that at this point in their careers it'd be better to have Marc than Pau but Pau has no shortage of offensive ability. I stand by my "big, skilled front line" statement. LMA had 24 and 14 in the opener against the Dubs and it was a rout. If Pau has anything left in the tank by the playoffs. I trust LMA and Kawhi to give the warriors hell.

BillMc
01-07-2017, 02:52 PM

This

BillMc
01-07-2017, 02:57 PM
The 0-5 means nothing in January. And we all knew that talent big man teams would cause them grief. But what is great to see is that prepared teams are finding ways to defend them. The blueprint was made last year when we beat them in game 2. More teams are using the switch tactic. Stay big, switch, and control the boards. Hopefully the deficit of giving them one and none shots each possession, your teams extra possessions and FT's outsets their 3 point shooting.

:toast

r0drig0lac
01-07-2017, 02:57 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll_medium.gif

Mr. Body
01-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Last year the Warriors crushed the best teams, lost a few to wise teams when they weren't concentrating. So far this year is different.

bklynspursfan
01-07-2017, 03:04 PM

No doubt it means nothing, but I guess it's for the pessimistic spurs fans who don't realize we don't have it all that bad this year.

Agreed with everything you said tho. Can't turn the ball over, and have to be very crisp with everything on both ends

BillMc
01-07-2017, 03:07 PM
:lol

Robz4000
01-07-2017, 03:17 PM
well i hear the nets are willing to trade brook lopez for 1st round picks. it would suck if GSW would pick him up.

That would be hilarious if they did. Can't think of a worse team fit-wise for him than GS.

superbigtime
01-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Me too but Duncan shut him down in the playoffs in one of Randolphs best seasons. Not a knock on Randolph but praise for Duncan.

Can't stop him can only hope to contain him.

cd98
01-07-2017, 03:43 PM
well i hear the nets are willing to trade brook lopez for 1st round picks. it would suck if GSW would pick him up. Doubt they want the Warrior's 1st round picks. They will be the last pick of the first round. That's hardly going to help the rebuilt. And I'm not sure the Warriors can afford to trade their first rounders as they need cheap labor if they are going to keep their core together.

gambit1990
01-07-2017, 04:01 PM
:lol

golden state could play memphis in the first round...

gambit1990
01-07-2017, 04:21 PM
https://s29.postimg.org/tuyt8l4lj/aaa.png

GSH
01-07-2017, 04:44 PM
Of course, when you come back from that much down there are fluke things happening. But if you watched this game and the previous Memphis victory over the Dubs you'd see the pattern. Undersized Draymomd and bean pole, perimeter-orientated Durant struggle when they are forced to defend larger bigs who are also skilled. They are fine against smaller bigs and the 7 foot stiffs who makeup most the league. However, LMA and Pau may be the most offensively skilled pairing of 7 footers in the NBA. I agree that at this point in their careers it'd be better to have Marc than Pau but Pau has no shortage of offensive ability. I stand by my "big, skilled front line" statement. LMA had 24 and 14 in the opener against the Dubs and it was a rout. If Pau has anything left in the tank by the playoffs. I trust LMA and Kawhi to give the warriors hell.

It's not Pau's offense I'm worried about. But you're right, I didn't see the first one, and I only saw the first part of last night's game. I'm sure you're right. And when a team like GS misses that many shots, it's a mistake not to give the defense some of the credit.

Tony is playing better than he has in several years. If Pau plays like he really wants it, like he has a chip on his shoulder, then this is a totally different team. Give us some nasty, Pau.

boutons_deux
01-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Bonzi went nutz