PDA

View Full Version : shouldnt the memphis grizz be in the eastern confrence?

Ginobilly
01-07-2017, 10:14 PM
its obvious the nba is making it easier for lebron to reach the finals every year.:lmao
i have no doubt that fatsol,zbo,conley,allen would bitch slap lebron,irving,love,friend killer every year like the celtics did.:lmao watch the nba move the bears once lefaggot retires:lmao

:lmao todays nba
:lmao people critizing pizzagate face momas boy kevin durbetta when lecoon is probably even worse.
:lmao lebrons biggest comp being the raptors. they wouldnt even make the playoffs in the west.

spurraider21
01-07-2017, 10:18 PM
op enjoys the company of males

Ginobilly
01-07-2017, 10:22 PM
op enjoys the company of males

its not what your moma and your abuelita said last night.

Ginobilly
01-07-2017, 10:24 PM
spurraider21: secret lebron fanboi:lol
please dont talk bad about my hero:depressed

spurraider21
01-07-2017, 10:27 PM
ginohillbilly lusts for the forbidden fruit

dabom
01-07-2017, 10:27 PM
spurraider21: secret lebron fanboi:lol
please dont talk bad about my hero:depressed
:lol

DeRozan m8
01-07-2017, 10:34 PM
So which team goes to the West?

Ginobilly
01-07-2017, 10:41 PM
So which team goes to the West?

atlanta

100%duncan
01-07-2017, 10:42 PM
Lol lebron assrapes any team not named gsw spurs clips rox

Ginobilly
01-07-2017, 10:46 PM
atlanta

my bad, meant to say chicago.

Ginobilly
01-07-2017, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=100%duncan;8854707]Lol lebron assrapes any team not named gsw spurs clips rox[/QUOTE
thats in the regular season. in the playoffs when the game slows down, i have no doubt that the bears would beat them up in the paint and tire them out in a 7 game series.

Ginobilly
01-07-2017, 11:00 PM
or fuck this whole east/west shit. make it a bracket of the best 16 records. nba wouldnt do it because their golden boys would probably get elimated in upsets. college ball trumps nba playoffs. fuckin nba is too predictable. you already know its gonna be either spurs,gs,clips,cavs in the finals. whats the fun in that?

cutewizard
01-07-2017, 11:35 PM
To Kevin Durant:

With cracks beginning to show in the shield of the GS Warriors:

Contemplate this song"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdPzHJe3wVk

cd021
01-07-2017, 11:42 PM
or fuck this whole east/west shit. make it a bracket of the best 16 records. nba wouldnt do it because their golden boys would probably get elimated in upsets. college ball trumps nba playoffs. fuckin nba is too predictable. you already know its gonna be either spurs,gs,clips,cavs in the finals. whats the fun in that?

People out here straight lyin'. Enjoy your 59-54 games with fifteen timeouts and 30 second shot clocks.

TXstbobcat
01-07-2017, 11:43 PM
The Grizzlies are in the Western conference based on where the franchise started before they moved to Memphis. At the time when the franchise was originally started in Vancouver it made sense for the franchise to be in the Western Conference.

YGWHI
01-07-2017, 11:58 PM
Raiders :lol

skulls138
01-08-2017, 12:05 AM
They play like an eastern conference team...at least when that meant something

Ginobilly
01-08-2017, 12:13 AM
The Grizzlies are in the Western conference based on where the franchise started before they moved to Memphis. At the time when the franchise was originally started in Vancouver it made sense for the franchise to be in the Western Conference.

are ya guys lebrons publicist/agent?:lmao
my point is, we as basketball fans are getting robbbed of seeing other exciting matchups against the top teams in the nba. its the same fuckin shit every fuckin year in the nba, esp in the east. the last 7 seeds in the east have no business being in the playoffs. a lot of more deserving teams in the west get shafted and it just gets fuckin booring watching the same teams. you know there is going to be upsets if gs or cavs have to face a team like the clips, rox, memphis in the first round compared to cupcake dleague teams like the bobcats in my proposed new format. ya know that nobody is beating the cavs in the next 4/5 years in the east.:rolleyes

Ginobilly
01-08-2017, 12:14 AM
People out here straight lyin'. Enjoy your 59-54 games with fifteen timeouts and 30 second shot clocks.

doesnt get my arguement. just go watch your wwe entertainment kiddo

cd021
01-08-2017, 12:32 AM

The Grizzlies are in the west because they added to Canadian teams and stuck one in each conference. Memphis was originally the Vancover Grizzlies, they stayed in the same conference after they moved. They were already in the West before Lebron arrived in the NBA and randomly deciding to move them to the East when they started making the PS is silly (the Grit and Grind Griz first made the playoffs in 11-12).

The East has been a shit show since Jordan retired while the West has had top players get drafted or signed (Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Paul, Gasol bros, Curry, Thompson, Harden, Westbrook, Durant, Cousins, LMA, Blake, Kawhi etc) it has more to do with that than with the NBA trying to clear a path for Lebron.

If they path is so clear for one team, then in theory another team could more easily emerge from the pack to challenge them. Toronto is the closest team but the Cav's moving a 1st rounder for Korver is puts them further in the rear view mirror. Unless TOR nabs Milsap, they aren't making the Finals. That has nothing to do with the league. The Cavs drafted Irving and Thompson, signed Lebron, and traded two #1 overall picks for Kevin Love, on top of trading three more first round picks for Mosgov and Korver. They are aggressively trying to win by aquring talent. They also added Frye and Shumpert and J.R. by being proactive in upgrading their team.

Blaiming the league for not moving Memphis to the East is silly.

cd021
01-08-2017, 12:33 AM

So long as you're cool with that inferior version of basketball known as college ball.

Nathan89
01-08-2017, 12:48 AM
Should just get rid of the conferences in the playoffs. The East has been a disaster for way too damn long.

DeRozan m8
01-08-2017, 01:39 AM
atlanta

Atlanta is further East than Memphis, Chicago, Milwaukee and Indiana?

100%duncan
01-08-2017, 01:59 AM
So long as you're cool with that inferior version of basketball known as college ball.

:lol half time score 27-21

TimDunkem
01-08-2017, 02:39 AM
"B-b-b...but...but March Madness beats the NBA season any day. :cry :cry :cry "

:lol:rolleyes

DMC
01-08-2017, 03:27 AM
To Kevin Durant:

With cracks beginning to show in the shield of the GS Warriors:

Contemplate this song"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdPzHJe3wVk

Bend over, I'll fuckin' show you who's gonna drive you home tonight.

DMC
01-08-2017, 03:32 AM
atlanta

Nah. Contraction is the answer. Move the Grizz and drop the 6ers and the Nets. Move their best players to the bottom tier teams in the East.

Spurtacular
01-08-2017, 04:12 AM
my bad, meant to say chicago.

Not Milwaukee? Then, the T-Wolves and Bucks could have a real interstate rivalry.

cd021
01-08-2017, 12:07 PM

Good defense:lmao
god, what a joke.

200 miles
01-08-2017, 12:56 PM
This may be a bit off topic, but let's say if Indiana somehow acquired Jimmy Butler and Giannis the Greek freak without losing Paul George, how much of a threat would they be to the Cavs?

skulls138
01-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Bend over, I'll fuckin' show you who's gonna drive you home tonight.Thats so fucking uncool its unbelievable.

Josh810
01-08-2017, 02:37 PM

Clippers in Finals :lol

DMC
01-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Thats so fucking uncool its unbelievable.

Bend over, I'll fuckin' show you something unbelievable.

szkorhetz
01-08-2017, 04:15 PM
When Dunleavy is bought out I can see him go to Memphis, TBH.

koriwhat
01-08-2017, 05:48 PM
pizzagate reference.... wtf?

Clipper Nation
01-08-2017, 06:36 PM
One of the dumbest threads I've ever seen. The Grizzlies have always been in the West, dating back to their time in Vancouver (which obviously was before LeBron entered the league). But yeah, it's a vast conspiracy to help LeBron. :rolleyes

Who in the East would you even swap Memphis out for? They're not moving the Bulls back to the West (too much history in the East at this point). I guess the West could trade the Grizzlies for the Bucks, but then all you LeBron haters would whine that they were swapping out the biggest future threat to LeBron's dominance in the East for an aging and declining treadmill team.

LeBron has inspired more deranged conspiracy theories than any other pro athlete I can think of. It's hilarious seeing grown men foam at the mouth like this over a basketball player :lol

sasaint
01-08-2017, 06:43 PM
One of the dumbest threads I've ever seen. The Grizzlies have always been in the West, dating back to their time in Vancouver (which obviously was before LeBron entered the league). But yeah, it's a vast conspiracy to help LeBron. :rolleyes

Who in the East would you even swap Memphis out for? They're not moving the Bulls back to the West (too much history in the East at this point). I guess the West could trade the Grizzlies for the Bucks, but then all you LeBron haters would whine that they were swapping out the biggest future threat to LeBron's dominance in the East for an aging and declining treadmill team.

LeBron has inspired more deranged conspiracy theories than any other pro athlete I can think of. It's hilarious seeing grown men foam at the mouth like this over a basketball player :lol

That's true. I recently read that the league office was slipping +/- $5MM under the table to the Cavs to subsidize Korver's contract.

Actually I did read somewhere a couple of months ago that in conjunction with the adoption of the new CBA, the league would expand (not contract) by 2 teams in the near future. I surmised that they would both be located in the west - including an expansion team for Seattle. I cannot cite a source, and I read it only once. Who knows? But that is not my trolling or sarcasm. :toast

spursistan
01-08-2017, 07:05 PM
ON separate note: think moving the Wolves East makes sense ..Rejiggering conferences might have be visited again if the Seattle gets a team back..

cjw
01-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Wouldn't work with travel, but would be great if the league kept the schedule at 82 games but had 3 against each opponent except for one division (which you would play only 2 against). Would create the most balance and guarantee about three home dates every two years with the league's big stars. Would also allow for the most balanced strength-of-schedule and a true 1-16 seeding system.

Being in NYC, it's hard to get excited for most of the teams coming to town so can't imagine what it's like having only one team. Out East, Cleveland will sell tickets and Toronto should, but other than that it's pretty slim pickings (I do want to see Milwaukee and Philly for obvious reasons). Maybe it's just me being selfish and wanting more trips from Western Conference teams.