PDA

View Full Version : Odell Beckham, Jr.

Clipper Nation
01-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Is he the biggest headcase in the league right now?

If he doesn't grow up real quick, this might end up being another Tiki Barber/Jeremy Shockey situation for the Giants, where they need to get rid of a diva so the rest of the team can succeed.

spurraider21
01-08-2017, 10:47 PM
:lmao "might"

Chris
01-08-2017, 10:49 PM
He's a closet homo so he has a lot of emotional issues which devolve into outbursts of anger. Steroids have also been known to cause chemical imbalances in the brain. His behavior on the field is evidence that McAdoo has zero control over his team.

Avante
01-08-2017, 10:54 PM
"THE CATCH"...was the worst thing in the world that could happen to the guy. He is simply too immature to handle the celeb status, the endorsememts, the $$$$$$$$$$$. The guy has no idea how to act out in public.

But.....his stats are right up there with the great receivers, at his stage of a career.

I'd love to see some big lineman pick him up, shake him like a rag doll and..."cool your shit punk, got it?"

UNT Eagles 2016
01-08-2017, 11:31 PM
Josh Norman had a good day today

monosylab1k
01-09-2017, 03:02 AM
He's the most entertaining man in football, tbh. A true heir to the Moss/T.O. throne that others could never quite ascend too. Dez has the talent & volatility but no charisma. Megatron/Green/Julio are all megatalented but boring as shit. Antonio Brown tries too hard. Odell is a natural at all of it.

Avante
01-09-2017, 03:28 AM
He's the most entertaining man in football, tbh. A true heir to the Moss/T.O. throne that others could never quite ascend too. Dez has the talent & volatility but no charisma. Megatron/Green/Julio are all megatalented but boring as shit. Antonio Brown tries too hard. Odell is a natural at all of it.

Letting your team down is entertaining? Dropping passes left and right is entertaining? Acting like some retard with a kicking net is entertaining?

Arcadian
01-09-2017, 03:48 AM

Brown > Beckham...not sure how you could think otherwise after today's games. The results speak for themselves.

DJR210
01-09-2017, 08:57 AM
He's a closet homo so he has a lot of emotional issues which devolve into outbursts of anger. Steroids have also been known to cause chemical imbalances in the brain. His behavior on the field is evidence that McAdoo has zero control over his team.

This. His primary source of anger is the lie he lives every day.. Sprinkle in some shitty NFL performances and media picking on him, and you have a recipe for his tirades. It takes a special breed of faggot to lose a fight against a kicking net

DJR210
01-09-2017, 09:01 AM
:lmao these fools are chilling off a city that features some of the most beautiful women available, but they prefer chilling with a bunch of dudes doing some gay calendar photo shoot

https://brobible.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/nygiants.jpg?quality=90&w=650

This is probably gayer than Odell getting caught in a club surrounded by dudes twerking :lol

monosylab1k
01-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Brown > Beckham...not sure how you could think otherwise after today's games. The results speak for themselves.

Yeah, one game against the fucking Dolphins sure proves it. You sound like the faggot during every Moss vs T.O. debate that would say ":cry what about Marvin Harrison?"

monosylab1k
01-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp? Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp? Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp?

Avante
01-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Thinking letting your team down is entertaining, you kidding me?

Mal
01-09-2017, 11:58 AM
:lmao these fools are chilling off a city that features some of the most beautiful women available, but they prefer chilling with a bunch of dudes doing some gay calendar photo shoot

This is probably gayer than Odell getting caught in a club surrounded by dudes twerking :lol

Dude down left is 99,9 % homo

unleashbaynes
01-09-2017, 12:21 PM
Yeah, one game against the fucking Dolphins sure proves it. You sound like the faggot during every Moss vs T.O. debate that would say ":cry what about Marvin Harrison?"

I think Brown is better than Beckham, but maybe it's because he has an actual HOF QB throwing him the ball instead of a dumb faced faggot.

Avante
01-09-2017, 12:33 PM
I'd hate to be in a fox hole surrounded by the bad guys and have to look in the face of Eli Manning for guidance. That....DUH!..look he has, whoa!

DJR210
01-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Dude down left is 99,9 % homo

:lol that pose

.G.
01-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Is he the biggest headcase in the league right now?

If he doesn't grow up real quick, this might end up being another Tiki Barber/Jeremy Shockey situation for the Giants, where they need to get rid of a diva so the rest of the team can succeed.

Attention is a scarce commodity.

Will Hunting
01-09-2017, 01:33 PM
I don't know if it's fair to compare Brown to Murderin' Marvin :lol, Brown is actually a somewhat explosive athlete who can make plays catching screen passes and running after the catch. Marvins most common movement after the catch was falling down.

Avante
01-09-2017, 02:10 PM
I can't believe some people. This talk about...there was pot on that boat. POT? POT? POT? are you kidding me? I bet a huge % of NFL players get loaded the night before a game to relax most the time. Pot, means ..O....when it comes to performing in sport, ah....other than being loaded during the event. Yep, that won't work.

SpursforSix
01-09-2017, 02:16 PM

This pic is pretty damn gay. What's with the jeans and Timbalands. All they need is a cup with 9 straws.

DJR210
01-09-2017, 02:30 PM
:lol sweater tied around the waist

jeebus
01-09-2017, 03:06 PM

I bet you anything Richard Jefferson is behind the camera, with a gopro attached to his head so he and his boys can have jerkoff material later.

monosylab1k
01-09-2017, 03:28 PM
I don't know if it's fair to compare Brown to Murderin' Marvin :lol, Brown is actually a somewhat explosive athlete who can make plays catching screen passes and running after the catch. Marvins most common movement after the catch was falling down.

Yeah Brown > Marvin, but even still, the biggest play Antonio Brown has made is ducking to avoid a Vontaze Burfict "dirty" hit, then flopping and acting like he was Johnny Knoxville taking a haymaker from Butterbean. He's a very nice, efficient, semi-boring player that brings nowhere near the level of excitement & playmaking that Odell does. To his teammates he's probably beloved, but as a fan I never tune in just to watch Antonio Brown catch 12 yd slants. I almost always will check out Giants games to see if Odell makes an insane catch, breaks one for 80 yards, or has a huge meltdown/hissy fit.

My argument isn't necessarily "who is the best receiver", it's about greatness + entertainment value. Odell perfectly fits the "Freak Athlete Diva Receiver" archetype in a way we haven't seen since prime Randy Moss/Terrell Owens. The two most fun seasons in my life were watching Randy Moss as a rookie with the Vikings, and then his 2007 year with the Patriots. Full Blown Cancer T.O. with the Niners was must watch TV. Antonio Brown is like Marvin Harrison only in that he's statistically equal/better, but isn't anything close to must watch TV. He thinks cutting his hair like a Lego Man is edgy :lmao.

Arcadian
01-09-2017, 03:29 PM

Let's take a look. On the season...

Brown: 106 rec, 1284 yards, 16 TDs
Beckham: 101 rec, 1367 yards, 10 TDs

That's with Brown playing one less game, and with Ben missing two games.

Last season...

Brown: 136 rec, 1834 yards, 10 TDs
Beckham: 96 rec, 1450 yards, 13 TDs

And that was with Ben missing 4 games.

Marvin Harrison's best season was a 143/1722/11 playing with Peyton Manning in his prime.

All incredible receivers, but Brown is arguably the best. He's better than Beckham right now, but it's not a 1:1 comparison because Brown is at that magic age of 28. When Beckham hits his peak, then we can talk.

And yes, one playoff game is a good measuring stick when both guys are playing at 100% desperate for a win.

monosylab1k
01-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Let's take a look. On the season...

Brown: 106 rec, 1284 yards, 16 TDs
Beckham: 101 rec, 1367 yards, 10 TDs

That's with Brown playing one less game, and with Ben missing two games.

Last season...

Brown: 136 rec, 1834 yards, 10 TDs
Beckham: 96 rec, 1450 yards, 13 TDs

And that was with Ben missing 4 games.

Marvin Harrison's best season was a 143/1722/11 playing with Peyton Manning in his prime.

All incredible receivers, but Brown is arguably the best. And yes, one playoff game is a good measuring stick when both guys are playing at 100% desperate for a win.

I hope you get AIDS and die.

Arcadian
01-09-2017, 03:33 PM
I hope you get AIDS and die.

:lol K.

monosylab1k
01-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Antonio Brown is early 90's Jerry Rice, catching 8 routine balls a game, boring everybody to death, but an excellent overall player.

Odell Beckham is early 90's Andre Rison, making big plays, talking shit, starting fights with opponents and teammates, swaggin out like a boss, etc.

Yeah one is clearly the "better player" but I'd rather watch the other guy any day.

DJR210
01-09-2017, 03:43 PM
I bet you anything Richard Jefferson is behind the camera, with a gopro attached to his head so he and his boys can have jerkoff material later.

When Fox first showed the photo, that Jefferson pic was the first thing I thought of

DJR210
01-09-2017, 03:46 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4h5afNZcbj4sAhD2Syuy8qS-yxWDzrB74tJhZd4WE2F5dBGzV9A

Why Dez, whyyyy

Robz4000
01-09-2017, 09:29 PM
:rollin reports are surfacing that the Giants even trashed their plane on the return to NY. Guess they couldn't wait to get back to their vacation?

DJR210
01-09-2017, 10:45 PM
:rollin reports are surfacing that Odell Beckham even trashed their plane on the return to NY. Guess he couldn't come to terms w/ his sexuality

FIFY

SpursforSix
01-09-2017, 11:02 PM
When Fox first showed the photo, that Jefferson pic was the first thing I thought of

Surely every one in SpursTalk thought that.

SpursforSix
01-09-2017, 11:03 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4h5afNZcbj4sAhD2Syuy8qS-yxWDzrB74tJhZd4WE2F5dBGzV9A

Why Dez, whyyyy

Feel like makin'
Duh nuh NUH
Duh nuh NUH
Feel like makin'

Avante
01-10-2017, 01:23 AM
We saw it tonight in the NCAA title game, and it's something getting out of hand. That is the dumb black athlete, who can play football but is stupid. Look at how many times we see these guys pull the dumbest shit immaginable, costing their teams 15 yards. Yep, in every game.

A lot of these guys were raised in one parent homes, probably never read a book, but because they could run or big and stong or all three they got a pass to play football. Then once out in the limelight there they are totally unprepaired to deal with it. No clue how to act. But, they get tolerated because they can run a 4.4 or bench 500.

Odell Beckman is a selfish punk and an idiot, but he can catch and run so he will get pampered.

DJR210
01-10-2017, 03:10 AM
Yep, chirp chirp.

Avante
01-10-2017, 03:16 AM
Yep, chirp chirp.

Grow up ya little shit, ok? And, you;re boring, ok?

DJR210
01-10-2017, 03:23 AM
Grow up ya little shit, ok? And, you;re boring, ok?

"Grow up" yet you spend time arguing w/ people you are calling immature :lol

Arcadian
01-10-2017, 03:24 AM
Antonio Brown is early 90's Jerry Rice, catching 8 routine balls a game, boring everybody to death, but an excellent overall player.

Odell Beckham is early 90's Andre Rison, making big plays, talking shit, starting fights with opponents and teammates, swaggin out like a boss, etc.

Yeah one is clearly the "better player" but I'd rather watch the other guy any day.

You know what's entertaining? Skill.

When you watch somebody perform a skill at a high level, it's entertaining.

This is boring?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMnK6LnWF9I

Even if I agreed with you that skill is not entertaining, Brown is a guy who goes out of his way to be entertaining. I don't generally like athletes who do that, but Brown is so good I don't care.

monosylab1k
01-10-2017, 03:29 AM
You know what's entertaining? Skill.

When you watch somebody perform a skill at a high level, it's entertaining.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kMnK6LnWF9I

Even if I agreed with you that skill is not entertaining, Brown is a guy who goes out of his way to be entertaining. I don't generally like athletes who do that, but Brown is so good I don't care.

Brown is a try hard who isn't naturally entertaining at all. Again, he thinks Lego Man haircuts are edgy. I know you're a faggy Steelers fan who is insulted anytime somebody doesn't get on their knees and blow every Steelers player in existence, but just stop.

Avante
01-10-2017, 03:33 AM
"Grow up" yet you spend time arguing w/ people you are calling immature :lol

Dude, why not talk football, ok? Nobody here cares about your personal problems ok? GROW UP~~~~~~~~~

Stick to the topic of a thread, ok?

Isitjustme?
11-11-2021, 04:16 PM

FrostKing
11-11-2021, 08:38 PM
Hasn't touched the end zone in over a calendar year. Media hoopla. He passed waivers for a reason.