PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Movie review!

SpursforSix
01-09-2017, 11:02 AM
So I sat around and watched a bunch of movies on Amazon Prime this weekend.

Bone Tomahawk - even though it only got modest reviews, I really enjoyed this movie. Pretty good western. 7.5/10

A Most Violent Year - sort of a gangster movie set in 1980's New York. Thought it was really good. Oscar Isaac was great in it. 8/10

Inside Llewyn Davis- All I ever heard was how good a movie this was. Cohen Brothers. I was surprised that Isaac was the lead in this as well. It had it's momements. "Where is the scrotum Llewyn?".
But in the end, I thought it was pretty boring. 5/10

The Gift - Pretty good suspense with nice twist at the end. I think someone recommended on ST somewhere. 7/10

Boondock Saints - I couldn't get in to this and fell asleep. Thought it was supposed to be a gritty Irish gangster film but it seemed like it was trying to be too funny. From the hour I saw, it's a piece of crap. 3/10

The Gemini Method
01-09-2017, 01:03 PM
I've seen A Most Volent Year, Inside Llewyn Davis and Boondock Saints from your list.

I'd say Violent was the best, while Isaac did a good job in Davis. Boondock Saints, I haven't seen in a long time.

SpursforSix
01-09-2017, 02:10 PM
I've seen A Most Volent Year, Inside Llewyn Davis and Boondock Saints from your list.

I'd say Violent was the best, while Isaac did a good job in Davis. Boondock Saints, I haven't seen in a long time.

I think with Boondock, it's a case of it not aging well. I see that it came out in the late 90's. So maybe had too much Tarantino influence without the great dialog. As Thread would say, it was "unbearable".

Blake
01-09-2017, 03:08 PM
I binge watched the first three Indiana Jones flicks on amazon. Good god Temple of Doom was awful

The Gemini Method
01-09-2017, 04:42 PM
I binge watched the first three Indiana Jones flicks on amazon. Good god Temple of Doom was awful Agreed. I never got into the Indiana Jones hoopla.

Blake
01-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Actually The Last Crusade was a fun popcorn flick tbh

clambake
01-10-2017, 11:39 AM
"The Birdcage"

benefactor
01-10-2017, 11:39 AM
The first three Jones movies hold nostalgia for me. They are cheesy as fuck, but being a kid when they all came out will always give them a place on my list of favorites.

DD
01-10-2017, 04:44 PM
I binge watched the first three Indiana Jones flicks on amazon. Good god Temple of Doom was awful

You betrayed Shiva!

I liked all 3 of them tbh...TOD is always panned by critics and fans, but I think a lot of that has to do with the absence of Nazi boogeymen

Cry Havoc
01-10-2017, 05:32 PM
I saw La La Land over the weekend. While it was a little too wistful for most of the movie, it's intoxicatingly cinematic and worth a watch overall. A throwback to the old school of movie making, and captures a lot of magic. Plus there's some snippets of good Jazz in it. :tu

clambake
01-10-2017, 05:37 PM
I saw La La Land over the weekend. While it was a little too wistful for most of the movie, it's intoxicatingly cinematic and worth a watch overall. A throwback to the old school of movie making, and captures a lot of magic. Plus there's some snippets of good Jazz in it. :tu

ok, turn in your man card and go get a wax.

Cry Havoc
01-10-2017, 05:41 PM
ok, turn in your man card and go get a wax.

Yeah dude it was super rough watching Emma Stone be attractive for 2 hours and listening to jazz. :lol

monosylab1k
01-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Haven't seen it, but La La Land just seems like a big Hollywood/California circle jerk. Nothing Hollywood types love more than reminding everyone of just how great they are.

Thread
01-10-2017, 05:58 PM

Yep, it has not aged well. It slows down and drags at times till you want to pull your hair out. And at others it is bright with a nice breath of clarity. That's mostly in the first 1/3. After that the auger in commences and it never recovers. Watching it NOW is almost embarrassing.

UZER
01-10-2017, 05:59 PM

Actually The Last Crusade was a fun popcorn flick tbh

The first three Jones movies hold nostalgia for me. They are cheesy as fuck, but being a kid when they all came out will always give them a place on my list of favorites.

Agree with the nostalgia.

I recently watched all three as well. TOD is my favorite, not because it's the best, but I was at that perfect age as a kid where the movie was magic and that adventure was something I wish I could have.

I just watched TLC this weekend and thought the exact same thing, man this is a popcorn flick. But still as fun as I remember.

KOTCS is just an outright piece of shit and I mentally removed from the series.

Thread
01-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Haven't seen it, but La La Land just seems like a big Hollywood/California circle jerk. Nothing Hollywood types love more than reminding everyone of just how great they are.

What do you want us to do, Mono, beg for you to have another call in show? Is that what it is?

Get up off your ass, you prima donna bastard and set it up. I'm home alone and I can do it now.

clambake
01-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Yeah dude it was super rough watching Emma Stone be attractive for 2 hours and listening to jazz. :lol

:lol

Chucho
01-10-2017, 07:03 PM

Don't care how she looks with all the glam on, her voice is the thing of nightmares. Could she at least cut back to two packs a day? Her vocal chords should be rubbed down with cocoa butter, they sound that fucking ashy. Ugh. Couldn't have sex with a broad who's moaning would sound like hyena rape.

benefactor
01-10-2017, 08:00 PM
You betrayed Shiva!

I liked all 3 of them tbh...TOD is always panned by critics and fans, but I think a lot of that has to do with the absence of Nazi boogeymen
We got really high one night and watched it and must have laughed at that scene for 20 minutes.

HI-FI
01-11-2017, 01:07 AM
Temple of Doom is my favorite in the series, damn I love that movie. So many iconic shots, Spielberg shot the shit out of that one, too bad he's disowned it because of :cry racism.
Lucas was overcoming a divorce and getting cucked, so its a darker film. I always liked it was a prequel, showing Jones as more of an asshole.

Blake
01-11-2017, 08:41 AM
The chick in TOD was annoying. I was hoping she'd get shot in the first few minutes

benefactor
01-11-2017, 09:59 AM
The chick in TOD was annoying. I was hoping she'd get shot in the first few minutes
Weee are goinng to DIE

Frank Dux
01-11-2017, 11:40 AM
I think with Boondock, it's a case of it not aging well. I see that it came out in the late 90's. So maybe had too much Tarantino influence without the great dialog. As Thread would say, it was "unbearable".

Nah, it was terrible back then as well.

quentin_compson
01-12-2017, 01:38 PM
You betrayed Shiva!

I think it has more to do with the woman and the kid in TOD being so annoying. Well, that's how I remember it, anyway. Haven't seen it in a long time.

DD
01-12-2017, 02:00 PM
I think it has more to do with the woman and the kid in TOD being so annoying. Well, that's how I remember it, anyway. Haven't seen it in a long time.

C'mon...short-round was alright:lol

Kate Capshaw was meh, don't understand her casting...maybe Spielberg was a willing cuck

Thread
01-12-2017, 09:27 PM

And their period piece early on was well executed and set a fine statement, but, then they left that reservation never to return and ended up in America, circa 1980 reuniting children & Indians---Vs. "Last Crusade" where the period is begun and sustained successfully. Again, the production begins to loiter America, circa something or other, but, then is retrenched in the 40's, ordered to stay put this time. But, it's easy when you have (Hitler) in the room. The mind runs wild with boundless materiel.

BD24
01-12-2017, 11:51 PM
The Gift was a surprisingly good movie.

Agree about Boondock Saints, everyone said how great and bad ass it was, I found it to be boring and corny though tbh.

Blake
01-13-2017, 12:15 AM
C'mon...short-round was alright:lol

Kate Capshaw was meh, don't understand her casting...maybe Spielberg was a willing cuck

What happened to short round in the sequels

UZER
01-13-2017, 11:43 AM
What happened to short round in the sequels

He wen pho uh wide.