PDA

View Full Version : Ike Diogu breaks bone in his finger

Kori Ellis
10-10-2005, 05:39 AM
Ike Diogu breaks bone in his finger
Janny Hu

Monday, October 10, 2005

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/10/10/SPGHDF58B81.DTL

Laie, Hawaii -- Ike Diogu's first NBA training camp ended prematurely Sunday when he broke his left hand during an informal workout after practice.

Diogu was running through 3-on-3 drills with the Warriors' rookies and free agents when he appeared to jam his finger. He had his non-shooting hand taped and continued to play, but the injury later was diagnosed as a fractured fourth metacarpal bone.

The Warriors ruled him out of their exhibition games against the Lakers this week and will re- evaluate him once they return following Wednesday's game. Diogu was unavailable for comment Sunday night.

Asked about Diogu's progress earlier in the day, coach Mike Montgomery said his first-round draft pick -- whom the Warriors coveted for his inside game and rebounding ability -- was slowly picking up the team's offensive and defensive schemes.

"In college, he was in a situation where he pretty much stayed in one place, they got him the ball, and he pretty much did his thing," Montgomery said.

"He wasn't setting a whole lot of screens, wasn't passing the ball around much. Now we're asking him to screen and pop, screen and roll ... and it's been tough on him.

"But he's listened, he's paid attention and he's making progress."

gospursgojas
10-10-2005, 06:59 AM
Damn that sucks I have the Warriors as my suprise team this year... Well I dont know if they will suprise, but they are at least my "Team that didnt make the playoffs last year, but will this year" team