:lol side of the backboard :lol

how embarrassing imo

Pocho La Pantera
01-10-2017, 10:53 PM
You're a faggot imho

SuperCam
01-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Is there something beyond TOSB? :lol

Poop gives him 14 million when Sixers were going to take him off our hands :lmao

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2017, 10:55 PM
One more week. He's going back to his third world country

philldafunk
01-10-2017, 10:55 PM
I was listening on WOAI, how'd it look? That bad??

ElNono
01-10-2017, 10:56 PM
It was bad....

He's shooting a better percentage from 3 than Bertrans this season, though... bad shot, it happens.

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2017, 10:56 PM
I was listening on WOAI, how'd it look? That bad??
Open from the corner. Side of the backboard

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Is there something beyond TOSB? :lol

Poop gives him 14 million when Sixers were going to take him off our hands :lmao
:lmao

Solid D
01-10-2017, 11:01 PM
That was disappointing but he's been pretty clutch hitting end of quarter shots this year (see third quarter).

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2017, 11:02 PM
When you take every single end of the quarter shot, you're bound to make one

emanueldavidginobili
01-10-2017, 11:02 PM
He was on the bench and then got thrown, still I was surprised he missed that bad

objective
01-10-2017, 11:03 PM
He's shooting a better percentage from 3 than Bertrans this season, though...

Not after tonight's stats get accounted for, tbh

Splits
01-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Imagine if Parker had hit the side of the backboard on a wide open game winner off a perfect pass from Kawhi

:lmao this place would be sending their troops to stalk his house

Chris
01-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Imagine if Parker had hit the side of the backboard on a wide open game winner off a perfect pass from Kawhi

Guillotine in tow.

ElNono
Not after tonight's stats get accounted for, tbh

possibly, 41% to 39% is close enough though. He took a really shitty shot.

I would've personally preferred Kawhi to make the basket and send it to OT, tbh...

turkish spurs fan
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C13IfWXXEAAMk7O.jpg:large
not that bad tbh

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2017, 11:06 PM

http://www.outofregs.com/postImages/1302141388.jpg

Splits
01-10-2017, 11:08 PM
possibly, 41% to 39% is close enough though. He took a really shitty shot.

I would've personally preferred Kawhi to make the basket and send it to OT, tbh...

While he was triple teamed in the lane with your faggot wide open in the corner, nobody within the 78*** area code?

:lmao keep spinning

ElNono
01-10-2017, 11:10 PM
While he was triple teamed in the lane with your faggot wide open in the corner, nobody within the 78*** area code?

:lmao keep spinning

:lol not spinning anything, go read the game thread...

shit like this happens to the best of them, tbh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=911zSJzWObw

Nobody stalked Tony's house after that freebie

Splits
01-10-2017, 11:14 PM
:lol not spinning anything, go read the game thread...

shit like this happens to the best of them, tbh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=911zSJzWObw

Nobody stalked Tony's house after that freebie

You didn't watch the game, did you?

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2017, 11:15 PM
One of the worst spins I've ever seen :lol even by your standards Nono

sasaint
01-10-2017, 11:15 PM
It was bad....

He's shooting a better percentage from 3 than Bertrans this season, though... bad shot, it happens.

You're right. But I personally didn't want Manu taking the shot for the win.

sasaint
01-10-2017, 11:16 PM
not that bad tbh

UZER
01-10-2017, 11:17 PM
Why was Manu even even there? Did the note cards in Pops pocket say to put him back in?

ElNono
01-10-2017, 11:19 PM
You didn't watch the game, did you?

:lmao I was in the same game thread you were, watching the same game.

I posted we shouldn't rely on Manu to win this.

Also, that he would either make or airball a gamewinner. Airball it was.

It was a good look and a bad miss. It happens.

in2deep
01-10-2017, 11:19 PM

:lol

ElNono
01-10-2017, 11:20 PM
:lol how is it spinning to say it was a great look and a bad shot???

Pretending he always shoots the 3 like that is terrible though, he's actually been shooting the 3 ball great this season, despite that shot.

Embarrassing shots happen to every player, tbh, that's no spin. Like I said, I would prefer the Spurs not to have to go to Manu on offense to close the game.

in2deep
01-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Manu has been great but I am afraid his season is reaching the end. Cant blame him, hes got a 40 year olds body.

but sadly Im afraid he will be on fumes or in a suit come playoffs

TimDunkem
01-10-2017, 11:24 PM
He'll definitely be running on fumes by the playoffs and Pop will overplay him. Book it.

midnightpulp
01-10-2017, 11:24 PM

This.

I'm not the biggest Parker fan, but I've tired of the forum's hypocrisy (mainly from the helmet crew) regarding this situation. Their favorites like House, D-League, Manure, and fatass Diaw last season are simply above criticism, and any shitty game from that lot will inexplicably be spun as Parker's fault. If House and Manure could've simply managed 33.3% shooting tonight, we win.

:cry But Parker took 15 shots :cry

UZER
01-10-2017, 11:25 PM
He'll definitely be running on fumes by the playoffs and Pop will overplayed him. Book it.

But still rely on him to make plays in the 4th qtr.

GSH
01-10-2017, 11:26 PM
First of all, if you think you're the better team and you're playing at home, you take the highest percentage shot you can get, and live with OT. When I saw Pop sub Lee in for Gasol, I really thought he was calling a play to get Lee a shot around the basket. He's a hell of a finisher from close. Just "hand it to Kawhi and let him create isn't much of a play.

Second, I've bitched about Tony's sloppy, off-target passes enough times - I'm not giving Kawhi a pass. If he puts that ball in Manu's hands, instead of making him take a step toward the baseline to gather before re-setting to shoot? I doubt the shot comes off that bad.

Third - whenever Manu is finally finished, it isn't going to be because of a single missed shot. Silly thread title, if serious.

ElNono
01-10-2017, 11:27 PM
This.

I'm not the biggest Parker fan, but I've tired of the forum's hypocrisy (mainly from the helmet crew) regarding this situation. Their favorites like House, D-League, Manure, and fatass Diaw last season are simply above criticism, and any shitty game from that lot will inexplicably be spun as Parker's fault. If House and Manure could've simply managed 33.3% shooting tonight, we win.

ehhh... Tony played well, that's why he played 32 mins... Manu barely played... 14 mins... yeah, he ended up in a situation where he took a terrible shot that could've won the game, but they're not really similar situations.

It's true that if you give Manu 32 mins tonight we lose by 20, tbh, but Tony is supposed to be the younger guy with the bigger role, that's why he gets the blunt of the criticism sometimes.

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2017, 11:28 PM
This.

Mid

midnightpulp
01-10-2017, 11:32 PM
ehhh... Tony played well, that's why he played 32 mins... Manu barely played... 14 mins... yeah, he ended up in a situation where he took a terrible shot that could've won the game, but they're not really similar situations.

It's true that if you give Manu 32 mins tonight we lose by 20, tbh, but Tony is supposed to be the younger guy with the bigger role, that's why he gets the blunt of the criticism sometimes.

Tony is playing fine this season. A solid 11 and 5 on .525TS in 25 minutes.

Manu is shooting .290 over his last 5, but nary a peep from anyone but the anti-Manu trolls. Same thing with House. The Microwave has gone cold for about two weeks, but stone silence from everyone except the Cat Crew and me. House is beyond beloved by the majority and I simply don't get it.

ElNono
01-10-2017, 11:39 PM
Tony is playing fine this season. A solid 11 and 5 on .525TS in 25 minutes.

Manu is shooting .290 over his last 5, but nary a peep from anyone but the anti-Manu trolls. Same thing with House. The Microwave has gone cold for about two weeks, but stone silence from everyone except the Cat Crew and me. House is beyond beloved by the majority and I simply don't get it.

uh? before this game, on the previous 5, he was shooting 36% (.500, .400, .333, .400, .143). He's been shooting 37% overall and 41% from 3 on the season.

Manu is playing ~18 mpg, playing solid defense, hitting his 3s (despite tonight) and having an overall solid season considering his age and limited role.

As far as Tony and his haters, he's having the same problem when Manu was really good, people bitched that he would freeze him up, tbh...

I have had zero problems with Tony since he came back from his injury, he's been playing solid, IMO.

GSH
01-10-2017, 11:45 PM
If House and Manure could've simply managed 33.3% shooting tonight, we win.

That's like saying, "If Kawhi could just make one FT, we win a Championship." Players miss shots. Manu is shooting 41% from 3P this season. That means he misses 6 out of every 10 3-pointers he puts up, and that's GOOD. Hell, the best 3P shooter in the league right now misses 5.4 out of every 10 he puts up.

Manu missed a 3-pointer. Fuck. His teammates missed 14 3-pointers tonight - all of which would have won the game. His teammates missed 28 2-point shots that would have tied the game. Sounds like all of their careers are finished. :rolleyes

baseline bum
01-10-2017, 11:47 PM

ElNono
01-10-2017, 11:47 PM
That's like saying, "If Kawhi could just make one FT, we win a Championship." Players miss shots. Manu is shooting 41% from 3P this season. That means he misses 6 out of every 10 3-pointers he puts up, and that's GOOD. Hell, the best 3P shooter in the league right now misses 5.4 out of every 10 he puts up.

Manu missed a 3-pointer. Fuck. His teammates missed 14 3-pointers tonight - all of which would have won the game. His teammates missed 28 2-point shots that would have tied the game. Sounds like all of their careers are finished. :rolleyes

Manu and Patty had terrible games though... it's not about that shot, specifically, but they need to bring more to the table. Especially when LMA is out. No debate about that.

baseline bum
01-10-2017, 11:48 PM

:rollin

BillMc
01-10-2017, 11:48 PM
But still rely on him to make plays in the 4th qtr.
Simmons was getting a lot of his minutes until the final play or two.

BillMc
01-10-2017, 11:49 PM
Manu and Patty had terrible games though... it's not about that shot, specifically, but they need to bring more to the table. Especially when LMA is out. No debate about that.

Agreed. And Manu is 39. What's Patty's excuse?

DPG21920
01-10-2017, 11:52 PM
TP has more minutes than all of them and Manu gets the age excuse?

UZER
01-10-2017, 11:53 PM
Simmons was getting a lot of his minutes until the final play or two.

Yeah, even a worse time to put him in. Pop loves his comfy slippers.

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2017, 11:56 PM
TP has more minutes than all of them and Manu gets the age excuse?
Regular season:

Tony Parker - 35,332 minutes played
Manu & Mills - 31,418 minutes played combined

ElNono
01-10-2017, 11:59 PM
Regular season:

That's cool, but Manu came to the league a lot older than tony and with minutes in his legs too...

But that's besides the point. Manu is old. Patty is just more limited.

GSH
01-10-2017, 11:59 PM
Regular season:

One of these days I'm going to get the official number, but I think Tony has around the 5th most NBA minutes played of any PG in history.

TheGreatYacht
01-11-2017, 12:10 AM
One of these days I'm going to get the official number, but I think Tony has around the 5th most NBA minutes played of any PG in history.
Insane durability tbh

Sucks he doesn't have the green light anymore. He'd easily put up Jeff Teague numbers at this age

cd98
01-11-2017, 12:16 AM
A 39 year old Manu that had been playing bad the whole game and was on the bench during the run and then entered the game and took the last shot...no wonder he missed badly...it was like Terry Porter falling down back in the day. Manu shouldn't have been in the game.

UZER
01-11-2017, 12:25 AM
A 39 year old Manu that had been playing bad the whole game and was on the bench during the run and then entered the game and took the last shot...no wonder he missed badly...it was like Terry Porter falling down back in the day. Manu shouldn't have been in the game.

No no no, Pop is smarter than you.

cjw
01-11-2017, 01:14 AM
OP must have thought Lebron was done when he bricked those two threes in game 6 too

tenbeersbold
01-11-2017, 01:20 AM
Should've let Manu walk as soon as he leveraged the Sixer's interest into a higher payday

That was shameful, Timmy D gave his all on that front.Very un- Spursian.

BillMc
01-11-2017, 03:03 AM
The corner 3 is the best shot in basketball after the dunk. Manu had an open one and he's been 40% behind the arc this year. He just missed it.

He's not done, but even if he were, at 39 with years of great service to the organization, he's got nothing to be embarrassed about.

pookenstein
01-11-2017, 03:20 AM
It was a bad shot, but it was the wrong side for Manu being a lefty. He was also very close to the basline, so his margin of error was much smaller than it would have been for a right handed shooter. Still a makeable shot (and an overall bad game for Manu).

daledondale
01-11-2017, 06:37 AM
Nothing new here..the Manu haters faggot crew waiting for a bad game to make a stupid thread. He's 39 and having a good season, despite yesterday game. Time to young players step up, we miss TD and we will miss Manu too when he retires. Btw we will need this Tony (last 10 games) in playoffs, let's see if he reaches this level.

From Downtown
01-11-2017, 07:44 AM
He's been way more good than bad in the last month tby
Had a shitty game yesterday, it was a good look and a terrible shot, he said it himself
Sometimes it happens, now let's move on

Brazil
01-11-2017, 08:42 AM

so we have this:

-Manu excuse is he is old, leave him alone.
-Parker sucks and he has no excuse he is younger and has a bigger role

then facts say this

-Manu played 30,6 K minutes with Spurs mostly off the bench
-Parker played 42,5 K minutes with Spurs in the SL that's 12,000 more minutes... huge

Non biased now free of agenda view:

Manu indeed arrived later in the NBA and played more games with NT but a season in Europe is not even equivalent of half a NBA RS tbh. At the end there is no doubt that Parker played significantly more minutes than Manu during his career. Obviously tho saying only minutes count and age is not as relevant is stupid, age is more impactful than mileage.

Conclusions: both Manu and Parker are TOSB that continue to play their ass off for the Spurs and have very irregular production. Manu game is aging better than Tony's this is also a fact. Blaming any of those 2 for losing a game is fucking dumb.

Seventyniner
01-11-2017, 09:17 AM
It was a bad shot, but it was the wrong side for Manu being a lefty. He was also very close to the basline, so his margin of error was much smaller than it would have been for a right handed shooter. Still a makeable shot (and an overall bad game for Manu).

Had to read the thread to make sure someone mentioned this. Good play, good shot, wrong player. A right-hander would have had a much better chance at that. As a lefty, he'd almost have to shoot it over the backboard.

George Gervin's Afro
01-11-2017, 09:27 AM
I'd rather him hit this shot in May than in January...

Canyonero
01-11-2017, 09:54 AM
As long as he's fine during playoffs, what happened last night is irrelevant imotbhfwiw

TheGreatYacht
01-11-2017, 10:00 AM

so we have this:

then facts say this

-Parker played 42,5 K minutes with Spurs in the SL that's 12,000 more minutes... huge

Manu indeed arrived later in the NBA and played more games with NT but a season in Europe is not even equivalent of half a NBA RS tbh. At the end there is no doubt that Parker played significantly more minutes than Manu during his career. Obviously tho saying only minutes count and age is not as relevant is stupid, age is more impactful than mileage.

Conclusions: both Manu and Parker are TOSB that continue to play their ass off for the Spurs and have very irregular production. Manu game is aging better than Tony's this is also a fact. Blaming any of those 2 for losing a game is fucking dumb.
Disgusting that the usual suspects cum shielding Manu in this thread are the same ones to throw Parker under the bus when he has a bad game or takes more than 10 shots.

Had Parker taken that shot last night, this thread would've been 10 pages long by now :lol 5 of those probably from gambitch1990 talking to himself

Phenomanul
01-11-2017, 10:08 AM

so we have this:

then facts say this

THIS

I absolutely abhor the "blame game" myopic player fans spew after each loss... it's sickening.

From Downtown
01-11-2017, 10:14 AM
I'd rather him hit this shot in May than in January...

That's what I thought as soon as the game was over tbh

UZER
01-11-2017, 10:18 AM
This inevitably turns into "leave Manu alone, he's been great for this franchise!" as if many die-hard Spurs fans aren't aware of his contributions to this franchise.

Most aren't blaming Manu. It's not his fault he's aged.

Most are blaming Pop for still relying on him late in games.

diego
01-11-2017, 11:05 AM

so we have this:

then facts say this

Comparing manus minutes to parkers is retarded. Nevermind that Manu played plenty of basketball before the NBA, find me one clip of Tony diving for a loose ball. One clip of him taking a charge. It will take you hours assuming you even find one. Tony plays on cruise control, his signature plays are floaters and fastbreaks. Manu is a warrior who constantly sacrificed himself, in coming off the bench and putting himself in harms way for the team, even today and at their ages Manu is still doing it while Tony never has and never will.

I remember last year, timmy diving for a ball poking it towards Tony and he couldn't even feign an attempt to get it, it's real easy to rack up minutes when you only play when the ball is in your hands.

dabom
01-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Tony can't even dunk. :lol

TheGreatYacht
01-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Comparing manus minutes to parkers is retarded. Nevermind that Manu played plenty of basketball before the NBA, find me one clip of Tony diving for a loose ball. One clip of him taking a charge. It will take you hours assuming you even find one. Tony plays on cruise control, his signature plays are floaters and fastbreaks. Manu is a warrior who constantly sacrificed himself, in coming off the bench and putting himself in harms way for the team, even today and at their ages Manu is still doing it while Tony never has and never will.

I remember last year, timmy diving for a ball poking it towards Tony and he couldn't even feign an attempt to get it, it's real easy to rack up minutes when you only play when the ball is in your hands.
What an awful and vanilla take :lol

Parker has probably taken the most punishiment going to the paint as a guard since Iverson. Led every guard in points in the paint year after year. That takes its toll on players, just look at D Rose or Brandon Roy.

Manu otoh brought a soft euro ball style to the league.

Brazil
01-11-2017, 11:15 AM

I already knew that but you are an idiot that cannot even read... I said Manu played plenty of bb before the NBA but in leagues that played not even half a NBA RS in less minutes per game, thus in terms of minutes it does not compensate the 12,000 mn gap in the NBA

But then you are even more retarded than I thought

:lol diving
:lol cruise control
:lol :cry sacrificied himself :cry
:lol :cry warrior :cry

oh boy

Parker spent his whole career being among the players who run more miles during a game... so yeah it is nothing easy racking up minutes when on top of minutes you are one of those who run the most fighting against several screens on the same play without even starting with one of most efficient PG going at the rim ever, spent his whole career doing so...

Now gtfoh with your subjective :cry easy racking up minutes, parker sucks, manu god slurp slurp because diving :cry

diego
01-11-2017, 11:15 AM
What an awful and vanilla take :lol

Parker has probably taken the most punishiment going to the paint as a guard since Iverson. Led every guard in points in the paint year after year. That takes its toll on players, just look at D Rose or Brandon Roy.

Manu otoh brought a soft euro ball style to the league.

12,000 minutes more, find me one charge taken, one loose ball he dove for. Just one.

diego
01-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Just one Brazil, surely in all those minutes you can remember one time Tony dove for the ball

TheGreatYacht
01-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Looking at diego's threads started. I'm seeing a lot of Manu, Oberto, Scola, and Maradona in the thread titles....

Not surprised he's a Spurs fan from Argentina. Only Argies and retards don't see Manu as the TOSB he's been for awhile

Brazil
01-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Just one Brazil, surely in all those minutes you can remember one time Tony dove for the ball

and your point is ? out of your subjectiveness do you have something to add on this topic supported by anything other than Parker does not dive for the ball, if you don't dive you have no mileage take ?

dabom
01-11-2017, 11:21 AM

Surely their should be one clip. :lol

diego
01-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Never said he has no mileage, said his minutes aren't comparable to manus from a wear and tear perspective.

You guys are crying subjective but it's true, otherwise you could easily think of some time Tony drew a charge or dove for a loose ball
Tony is finesse, Manu is physical, this is a fact and can be demonstrated by hustle stats, charges, loose balls etc.

dabom
01-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Never said he has no mileage, said his minutes aren't comparable to manus from a wear and tear perspective.

You guys are crying subjective but it's true, otherwise you could easily think of some time Tony drew a charge or dove for a loose ball
Tony is finesse, Manu is physical, this is a fact and can be demonstrated by hustle stats, charges, loose balls etc.

TheGreatYacht
01-11-2017, 11:29 AM
and your point is ? out of your subjectiveness do you have something to add on this topic supported by anything other than Parker does not dive for the ball, if you don't dive you have no mileage take ?
South Americans think diving is some sort of Medal of Honor. Just watch a Libertadores or Copa America game

diego
01-11-2017, 11:30 AM
South Americans think diving is some sort of Medal of Honor. Just watch a Libertadores or Copa America game

Timmy d and Manu were "divers", Mexican NBA Champs/wc Champs/libertadores Champs = 0

TheGreatYacht
01-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Timmy d and Manu were "divers", Mexican NBA Champs/wc Champs/libertadores Champs = 0
Why would you put a poverty tournament like the Libertadores in the same sentence as those other prestigious trophies?

That's as stupid as saying Manure's minutes in the second division of the Italian league = Parker's NBA minutes

diego
01-11-2017, 11:38 AM
You brought Libertadores up, Mexican teams play it, never won it, maybe because they are too good to dive and get their hands dirty

TheGreatYacht
01-11-2017, 11:42 AM
You brought Libertadores up, Mexican teams play it, never won it, maybe because they are too good to dive and get their hands dirty
It's known they don't take it seriously. That's why they bring their B-Team/youth

Also why CONMEBOL decided to just take them out of it since they don't care

diego
01-11-2017, 11:43 AM
They don't take much seriously beyond boxing do they?

diego
01-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Oh and rooster fighting, sorry forgot about that

Pocho La Pantera
01-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Why would you put a poverty tournament like the Libertadores in the same sentence as those other prestigious trophies?

That's as stupid as saying Manure's minutes in the second division of the Italian league = Parker's NBA minutes you did it, idiot

TheGreatYacht
01-11-2017, 11:49 AM
you did it, idiot
I put Libertad:lolres in the same sentence as the WC and NBA finals? Proof? Player fan from Argentina

Leetonidas
01-11-2017, 11:57 AM
Yeah that was pretty bad. I don't think I've ever seen such a horrible brick from Manu in crunch time

cd98
01-11-2017, 12:04 PM
It's always embarrassing anytime you hit the side of the backboard on a shot. That it happened on a game winner is particularly difficult. That said, I don't blame Manu. I don't think he should have been in the game. I understand Pop overly relying on veterans to win these games, but there were guys on the bench player better than Manu in that game and Manu is retiring, so we need to have the young guys get that experience. If we lose because Simmons misses the three, I'm okay with that. Let him have a shot. I guess if Simmons inbounded the ball and through it away, then I might think differently, but I do think there are players other than Manu that can inbound a ball in the clutch.

Dex
01-11-2017, 12:42 PM
:lol how is it spinning to say it was a great look and a bad shot???

Pretending he always shoots the 3 like that is terrible though, he's actually been shooting the 3 ball great this season, despite that shot.

Embarrassing shots happen to every player, tbh, that's no spin. Like I said, I would prefer the Spurs not to have to go to Manu on offense to close the game.

Seriously. He was having to rush the shot to beat the clock, and was fading to his left in the far corner from nearly behind the backboard. He was wide open, but he just didn't have a chance to get set and it obviously came off his hand wrong.

Shit happens, on the next one.

pookenstein
01-11-2017, 12:52 PM

b_TbZNOuNPU

Here.Took 25 seconds.

Diego20
01-11-2017, 01:01 PM

So any 39 years old rookie should play 36 minutes a game at all star lvl because "it's his first season in the nba, it doesn't matter he was pro for 19 years in another country"

First game 39 years old rookie, plays bad, score 0 points :cry but but he is a rookie, he has 0 minutes played in the nba" :cry :cry

faggots :lol

apalisoc_9
01-11-2017, 01:03 PM
Porker fans celebrating a manu miss.. disgusting.

Nevermind that Manu has always been more clutch than Parker..

I'm sure porker fans were more happy losing because Manu missed a shot than winning with manunmaking one.

Horse
01-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Awful shot but he's been better than anyone expected this season. And will always be a guy who can hit that type of shot or get a key steal or rebound.

Horse
01-11-2017, 01:36 PM
Seriously though even now, is there anyone else on this team you'd bet on to hit a clutch shot?

TheGreatYacht
01-11-2017, 01:39 PM
^ :lmao

Name me a player on the roster and I'll give you one I'll take over Manu

ElNono
01-11-2017, 08:47 PM

so we have this:

then facts say this

Both better than Kobe at their respective ages, tbh...

Horse
01-11-2017, 08:50 PM
^ :lmao

Name me a player on the roster and I'll give you one I'll take over Manu
How many clutch plays not just shots has he come up with?

Mr. Body
01-11-2017, 08:53 PM
It happens.

spurs10
01-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Manu has been playing better than expected this year. That shot was terrible and I'm sure he is not a happy camper. It certainly took the wind out of almost 20 thousand people at the game and likely many around the world. I wish we were playing tonight.

Pocho La Pantera
01-11-2017, 11:45 PM
Seriously though even now, is there anyone else on this team you'd bet on to hit a clutch shot?
Maybe Leonard.

SAGirl
01-12-2017, 05:04 AM
not that bad tbh
Lol thanks for sharing... this was funny..

ceperez
01-12-2017, 05:14 AM
Manu has been playing better than expected this year. That shot was terrible and I'm sure he is not a happy camper. It certainly took the wind out of almost 20 thousand people at the game and likely many around the world. I wish we were playing tonight.

Regular season game. Hope Pop and Manu learn their lesson and give some of their young guns a shot.

Manu is right, it was a bad shot. However, time was expiring and the pass wasn't perfect.

The main flaw was Bertans should have been on the floor given that he has a better chance at a clean look. On the otherhand, Bertans contract isn't locked up.

Brazil
01-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Both better than Kobe at their respective ages, tbh...

very true :lol

on a side note, Manu has been great so far, he is contributing above my expectations... still the best player coming off the bench tbh

Pocho La Pantera
01-12-2017, 09:03 AM
He's fine, TGF and Hater are an embarrasment.

Brazil
01-12-2017, 09:14 AM

like you are and few others are when topic is parker

kuato
01-12-2017, 09:55 AM
He needed a rest game, but the team is not the same without Manu in the second line, bad day for Gino.

TheGreatYacht
01-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Spurs record without Manu in the last 4 years

2016-2017: 5-1 (83.3 Win%)
2015-2016: 20-4 (83.3 Win%)
2014-2015: 8-4 (66.7 Win%)
2013-2014: 10-4 (71.4 Win%)

Keep in mind some of those games were when all of the Big 3 rested at once

cd98
01-12-2017, 11:19 AM
It was an embarrassing miss, but I was impressed with Manu owning it after the game and showing emotion unlike most players when they lose a regular season game. I'm fine with him having these crap games because the Spurs will still win over 50 games and be a top 4 seed and we probably only have one season left of Manu and for us fans who have loved watching him play for years, we are willing to sit through those 7 eh to bad games to witness that one game where he has his legs and his shot is falling and he pulls off a classic Manu game.

superbigtime
01-12-2017, 03:35 PM
It was an embarrassing miss, but I was impressed with Manu owning it after the game and showing emotion unlike most players when they lose a regular season game. I'm fine with him having these crap games because the Spurs will still win over 50 games and be a top 4 seed and we probably only have one season left of Manu and for us fans who have loved watching him play for years, we are willing to sit through those 7 eh to bad games to witness that one game where he has his legs and his shot is falling and he pulls off a classic Manu game.

Wow a grown up on this forum with some perspective. Thank you.

daledondale
01-12-2017, 03:59 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/jShr8wkP38XTO/giphy.gif

spursistan
01-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Still the best TOSB (37 or older) in the league, tbh :toast..

https://s23.postimg.org/6cqkr44i3/Manu.jpg

UZER
01-12-2017, 06:17 PM

Except when he doesn't have it in a playoff game / series but continues to be on the floor in crunch time.

The problem with Manu at this point of his career is if he's not hitting shots, hes just a fouling turnover machine with no ability to make it up like he used to when he was younger.

He commits bad fouls going for steals on rebounds, and constantly gambles on defense like he's still 25.

I appreciate his "good" game every now and again, but by the time the playoffs roll around, it's one good game out of every six, not one in three.

And again, it's not Manus fault at this point, he's old. It's Pop for still relying on him in those moments.

Pocho La Pantera
01-12-2017, 08:30 PM
He's fine, TGF and Hater are an embarrasment.?? I Love Parker, you're crazy

SAGirl
01-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Well he struggled but so many others had it going .... props to Pop for going with the hot hands and giving Simmons run..

bklynspursfan
01-13-2017, 07:55 AM
Anyone who expects him to be great on a nightly basis has silly expectations.

He will have ups and downs throughout the season at this point in his career. We just need him to be on point when it matters. Also, we should be fortunate Simmons has been playing so well.

rjv
01-13-2017, 10:31 AM

ST, as a whole, is an embarrassment.