PDA

View Full Version : Pop micromanaging will be the doom of this team..

spursistan
01-10-2017, 10:55 PM
He's become such an annoying momentum-killer with these pathetic substitutions....His abysmal game awareness has killed us in the last 2 playoffs with untimely hacking and over-resting of star players..

Why the fuck is he so averse to riding the hot hand of his players? why pull Kawhi for a mere minute before the half? why?

apalisoc_9
01-10-2017, 10:57 PM
So many analyst where saying this last year against OKC..how his micromanaging in the regular season could possibly be detrimental...but fans just burshed ot off cause he's pop.

:lol

Horse
01-10-2017, 11:02 PM
How about we just hit one of the million wide open 3's in the 2nd half?

Robz4000
01-10-2017, 11:02 PM
Yep, and it's already done so the last two years. His insistence on playing struggling players in important situations is mind-boggling too.

YGWHI
01-10-2017, 11:05 PM
How about we just hit one of the million wide open 3's in the 2nd half?

Sure, that would have helped. But also, a game without Spurs second scorer and Pop couldn't play the team-leading scorer 40 minutes instead of 35?

When that leading scorer will play 40 in a game? We already know that it won't be in playoffs. He averaged 33 mpg last playoffs.

midnightpulp
01-10-2017, 11:08 PM
Truly a terrible decision here. Seems like Tony was having an okay game, yet you bringi in a Microwave player to try and close?

http://oi66.tinypic.com/o947eh.jpg

Microwave players like House should only be brought in when facing a deficit and you need points in a hurry or to extend a lead late in the 3rd/early in the 4th. I do agree that House should be brought in when Tony is flat out stinking, but he wasn't tonight.

spursistan
01-10-2017, 11:11 PM
He might be the best regular season coach in the league; but I'll take 5 other coaches ahead of him if I am trying to win a close playoff game..

Absolutely horrendous feel of the game..

Splits
01-10-2017, 11:12 PM
Playing Turdobili for any minutes after he shit the bed in the first quarter was his only mistake.

The Argy shitbag should only see minutes if he earns them during his first stint. If he is dropping trou in the middle of the court and wiping the remains all over his bald head while the rest of the team is trying to play a professional sport, he should not be getting game winning attempts to clank off the shotclock.

spursistan
01-10-2017, 11:22 PM
The team has too many flaws to worry about; and if the coach becomes some-kind of liability, it is really hard to hang with superiorly talented teams in the postseasons...

spursistan
01-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Fuckin 32 yo Lebron is averaging 37 MPG; and Poop is worried about Kiwi minutes after two days of rest :lmao

He tried stealing a 2 minutes of rest for Kawhi before Halftime which ended up being the game turning run for the Bucks :lol

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2017, 11:30 PM
Truly a terrible decision here. Seems like Tony was having an okay game, yet you bringi in a Microwave player to try and close?

http://oi66.tinypic.com/o947eh.jpg

Microwave players like House should only be brought in when facing a deficit and you need points in a hurry or to extend a lead late in the 3rd/early in the 4th. I do agree that House should be brought in when Tony is flat out stinking, but he wasn't tonight.

Playing Turdobili for any minutes after he shit the bed in the first quarter was his only mistake.

The Argy shitbag should only see minutes if he earns them during his first stint. If he is dropping trou in the middle of the court and wiping the remains all over his bald head while the rest of the team is trying to play a professional sport, he should not be getting game winning attempts to clank off the shotclock.

lefty
01-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Phil Jackson shits on Pop tbh

ElNono
01-10-2017, 11:31 PM
I hate the momentum killing changes... not an issue with mins tonight... Kawhi played 36 mins...

spursistan
01-10-2017, 11:38 PM
I hate the momentum killing changes... not an issue with mins tonight... Kawhi played 36 mins...
When your other star is OUT, it wouldn't kill for him play an extra 3 minutes after two days of rest..more so when he was cooking the whole night..

Games like today you realize why we are unlikely to see any scoring explosion from Kawhi anytime soon as long as Pop is coaching him even if the dude keeps on improving his skills..You said it before, he is disadvantaged compared to his peers...

UZER
01-10-2017, 11:41 PM
When your other star is OUT, it wouldn't kill for him play an extra 3 minutes after two days of rest..more so when he was cooking the whole night..

Games like today you realize why we are unlikely to see any scoring explosion from Kawhi anytime soon as long as Pop is coaching him even if the dude keeps on improving his skills..You said it before, he is disadvantaged compared to his peers...

Pop even says he doesn't want him to average more the 22-24 PPG.

ElNono
01-10-2017, 11:44 PM
tbh, people laugh at Pringles, but he's having Harden have a HoF, career season... 40/15/10 tonight...

Mikeanaro
01-10-2017, 11:55 PM
Too much rest kills Spurs game, nobody is playing 40 minutes here, did some players came with a fragile warning written on the box?.

John Petrucci
01-10-2017, 11:57 PM
Fuckin 32 yo Lebron is averaging 37 MPG; and Poop is worried about Kiwi minutes after two days of rest :lmao

He tried stealing a 2 minutes of rest for Kawhi before Halftime which ended up being the game turning run for the Bucks :lol

this is getting so fucking annoying :lol

tonight...you
01-10-2017, 11:58 PM
Patty shit the bed tonight. No question.

tonight...you
01-10-2017, 11:59 PM
tbh, people laugh at Pringles, but he's having Harden have a HoF, career season... 40/15/10 tonight...

Think you could wrap your lips around something other than the Rockets this year?
Sweet Christmas...

ElNono
01-11-2017, 12:00 AM
Think you could wrap your lips around something other than the Rockets this year?
Sweet Christmas...

:lol I called it, you... Me

Amuseddaysleeper
01-11-2017, 12:01 AM

Think they can take out the Warriors? They have been great this season.

tonight...you
01-11-2017, 12:02 AM
:lol I called it, you... Me
True...

True. But still homie...

cd98
01-11-2017, 12:06 AM
Just got back from the game. I stick up for Pop as a coach regularly, but tonight was a coaching loss. He refused to put Kawhi on Beasley. He had a cold Manu on the floor. He just coached an awful game.

timtonymanu
01-11-2017, 12:15 AM
Think they can take out the Warriors? They have been great this season.

If Pop takes his head out of his ass when it matters, Spurs will beat both teams but probably lose to Cleveland in the Finals.

spursistan
01-11-2017, 12:18 AM
This is all building up for Pringles to get his final revenge and sweep Pop washed up ass out of the playoff. You know it is happening..Doc, Donovan aren't better coaches and yet they showed him up the past 2 postseasons....

Horse
01-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Sure, that would have helped. But also, a game without Spurs second scorer and Pop couldn't play the team-leading scorer 40 minutes instead of 35?

When that leading scorer will play 40 in a game? We already know that it won't be in playoffs. He averaged 33 mpg last playoffs.

He definitely could have played more but I think tonight was one of those nights the big shots weren't going down. Danny hits any one of those 3's he missed it's likely a blowout win.

spursistan
01-11-2017, 02:24 PM
So many analyst where saying this last year against OKC..how his micromanaging in the regular season could possibly be detrimental...but fans just burshed ot off cause he's pop.

Yeah, the "everything is fine", "CIA Pop" is experimenting and will figure it out in the playoffs is probably the most annoying and deluded Krew in this forum..

This game and the Atlanta one are the epitome of playoff losses brought by Today's Pop: (a) throw a random, unfathomable shitty lineup or (b) micromanage star player minutes , which in both result in the game turning around the moment we look to be in control..

ceperez
01-11-2017, 02:28 PM
It's just the regular season folks! Of course, maybe they shouldn't have played Manu and kept the young guns to try and win this game.

spursistan
01-11-2017, 04:03 PM
This isn't really about Kawhi...remember in Game 5 last year vs The Thunder..Danny Green was shooting lights out to the tune of 20 points yet he somehow only played 29 minutes as he stayed glued to the bench when Durant and OKC 2nd unit were murdering our bench units..

UZER
01-11-2017, 04:46 PM
Pop coaches like that movie Chaos Theory. He doesn't deviate from the index cards in his pocket. He doesn't go by feel game to game. He goes by a predetermined plan. That's why you see guys pulled regardless if they are rolling or not, even in the playoffs.

james evans
01-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Seriously, there are only 3 losses this season I think we should have

spursistan
01-14-2017, 07:56 PM
BUMP

spursistan
01-14-2017, 08:31 PM
He is fuckin finished as top tier coach..

Vokun
01-14-2017, 08:34 PM
Pop is done. Take Manure with you tbh

apalisoc_9
01-14-2017, 08:36 PM
Should have played Kawhi the Whole 4th and stuck with boys that got them the decent lead back in second half of the third.

spursistan
01-14-2017, 09:25 PM
Should have played Kawhi the Whole 4th and stuck with boys that got them the decent lead back in second half of the third.
32 minutes for the best player on the team in a close loss :lol..no B2B, no foul trouble, only 25 year-old and scorching hot for the whole night...

Who fuckin does this in the league but this POS washedup coach ? I don't want to wish something bad on the old man, but i just hope he steps aside for somebody else before 2020..

Robz4000
01-14-2017, 09:29 PM
All but 2-3 losses this year Pop has had a hand in, if not being the primary reason.

spursistan
01-14-2017, 09:36 PM
All but 2-3 losses this year Pop has had a hand in, if not being the primary reason.
I would have shrugged it two or three years ago, but not after his last 2 horrendous playoffs..What's worse is that it seems like he has surrounded himself with yes men assistants..

This team is really ripe for a first round exit with the way Poop is sabotaging an already leaking ship..I firmly believe Memphis or Utah can do it..

YGWHI
01-14-2017, 09:50 PM
32 minutes for the best player on the team in a close loss :lol..no B2B, no foul trouble, only 25 year-old and scorching hot for the whole night...

And next TWO days rest.

Booker played 37 minutes. Kawhi 32.

This is on Pop. Sadly, at this point of his career Pop won't change. He'll cost Spurs a lot more losses in playoffs for his way of managing Kawhi's minutes.

james evans
01-15-2017, 04:23 PM
I would have shrugged it two or three years ago, but not after his last 2 horrendous playoffs..What's worse is that it seems like he has surrounded himself with yes men assistants..

This team is really ripe for a first round exit with the way Poop is sabotaging an already leaking ship..I firmly believe Memphis or Utah can do it..
And this is what I meant in another thread. The front office has to say something because his way isn't fucking working

UZER
01-15-2017, 06:33 PM
So Pop refuses to be questioned on any of his coaching nonsensical decisions / strategies like resting 25 yr old players while still relying on a 39 yr old washed up player, but will voluntarily share his mind on an election that had nothing to do with his league and chastise half the people on this country.

What an ass.

spursistan
01-16-2017, 12:12 PM
https://s23.postimg.org/er41us3rv/MPG.jpg

Like I said, I don't think Kawhi will ever sniff the MVP in this career a long as Pop is coaching him..But that' not the problem..The problem is that our best player isn't fuckin used/acclimated to playing heavy minutes needed in high stakes playoffs series when he is matched-up against these guys who could easily average minutes load in low 40s for an entire 7 game series..

* PS. LOL at "Lebron coasting"...

apalisoc_9
01-16-2017, 01:00 PM
https://s23.postimg.org/er41us3rv/MPG.jpg

Like I said, I don't think Kawhi will ever sniff the MVP in this career a long as Pop is coaching him..But that' not the problem..The problem is that our best player isn't fuckin used/acclimated to playing heavy minutes needed in high stakes playoffs series when he is matched-up against these guys who could easily average minutes load in low 40s for an entire 7 game series..

* PS. LOL at "Lebron coasting"...

Pop is constantly trying to make it about himself. Even go as far as saying tim should have more points in his prime if it wasnt for me..ignoring the fact that tim averaged 40mpg in his prime years and basically carried the spurs in those three championship.

He is building his brand basically.

And holy shit, I knew Kyle Lowry is underrated but look at those numbers

apalisoc_9
01-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Both lafatsus and Kawhi looked burned playing 38+ last year. No breath. Durant and Westbrook looked far more comfortable playing those extended minutes.

It'sa shame really...but Pop believes in a few things that isnt entriely proven that spursfans just have to live with.

TD played taxing minutes up until his early 30s. If this Selfish fake people's coach ever brings up the idea that he is responsible for timmy prolong career...I swear. And he is very subtle in the way he props himself too.

Very selfish coach.

TD 21
01-16-2017, 07:58 PM

He clearly began believing his own hype to the point where he's become a parody of himself since the '14 Finals, but I think he also might have OCD.

The only way this stops, is if Leonard and Aldridge tell him to stop fucking around. He can't baby them all regular season, then come the playoffs think he can run them into the ground and they'll be fine. It doesn't work that way; they need to be built up. They also need to develop (or re-familiarize, in Aldridge's case) the mental toughness to fight through fatigue.

I wouldn't put a 1st round upset past this team, but the Grizzlies or Jazz would be a surprise. They're essentially worse version's of this team, which means they don't cause them any of the defensive and/or match-up issues that the elites do. They also don't have a superstar.

pgardn
01-16-2017, 08:54 PM
He's become such an annoying momentum-killer with these pathetic substitutions....His abysmal game awareness has killed us in the last 2 playoffs with untimely hacking and over-resting of star players..

Why the fuck is he so averse to riding the hot hand of his players? why pull Kawhi for a mere minute before the half? why?

Who do you want to replace him?

lefty
01-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Phil Jackson is much better tbh

spursistan
03-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Does anyone still has any left confidence in Pop as in-game adjuster?

What these rotations (Forbes 4th Q minutes :lmao) and ATOs plays are for?...Benching Leonard with only 25 minutes played and 2 days off coming in third turned this fuckin game..