PDA

View Full Version : Game Grades: Bucks at Spurs (1/10/17)

FkLA
01-11-2017, 01:25 AM
Spurs let another winnable game slip away. Held a lead and looked in control for most of the game. The offense was there, and outside of Paddy and Manu, everybody on the team who played had atleast a decent game. There's been games when the defense has looked dreadful, and you can point to that as the culprit for a loss but I actually didn't think that was the case today either. I think you just have to give Milwaukee some credit. They're a talented team that didn't fold when the Spurs looked like they were on their way to another dominant win at home. Outside of Enrique's antics, it was an enjoyable, well played game despite the loss imo.

Pau Gasol - C
6 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists on 3-9 shooting (28 mins)

Decent game from Pau. Missed some shots, including a wide open 15 footer from the baseline with under a minute left but he did have some nice moves in the post and had a solid rebounding night. Even decided to hustle a little by chasing down a couple of offensive rebounds. Milwaukee doesn’t have speedy guards so his horrible defense didn’t rear it’s ugly head as often today imo.

David Lee – B-
10 points, 7 rebounds on 5-6 shooting (26 mins)

Another workman-like outing from Lee. There’s really not much to analyze about a David Lee game. Dude goes out there and plays hard. His defense is what it is but overall he’s still been a net positive all season long.

Kawhi Leonard – A
30 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks on 10-16 shooting (34 mins)

Just a two-way monster. He looked like a man amongst boys against both Parker and Giannis before he was pulled for the night. The Greek Freak was under the weather but you still have to admire Kawhi’s competitiveness when going up against other elite wings. He consistently wins those head to head match-ups. You also have to love his unselfishness. Had it going in the fourth quarter, and yet still set-up Danny Green’s go ahead three and Manu’s clank late in the game. It’s refreshing to see that sort of unselfishness from a star player after years of heroball from a certain PG on the team. The bad foul on Milwaukee's halfcourt heave to end the 1st half is the only blemish in an otherwise stellar night, tbh.

Danny Green - B-
14 points, 3 rebounds on 5-12 shooting (26 mins)

Another solid outing from LDN. 4-9 from behind the arc, including a go ahead 3 with a minute left in the game. Even had a drive that ended with a made lay-up. He did get worked by Beasley but tbf that is a tough match-up for him. Overall, LDN did his job tonight imo.

Tony “Enrique” Porker - D+
14 points, 7 assists on 7-15 shooting (33 mins)

I’m going to try to be objective here. Numbers wise, he had a solid game. Unfortunately, he was also Milwaukee’s best defender against Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi had 11 points in the first four minutes of the 2nd Quarter. With about 8 minutes remaining in the quarter, Enrique entered the game. Kawhi didn’t attempt a FG the rest of the quarter. Meanwhile Enrique had 7 FGAs in the last 3 mins 30 secs of the half. There were also possessions down the stretch in the 4th Quarter where he literally didn’t even look in Kawhi’s direction. I don’t think it’s a matter of him disliking Kawhi, as much as it's him just wanting the spotlight to be on him. He loves playing hero. It’s who he’s always been, unfortunately. Worst +/- for the starters, and second worst overall.

Manu Ginobili - F-
3 points, 1 assist on 1-6 shooting (15 mins)

There are games when Manu looks possessed and there are games when he looks like a 50 year old. Today he looked like a 75 year old. He was a complete disaster outside of his buzzer beater to end the 3rd Quarter. Sloppy passing, poor shooting, and a lot of swiping on defense sums up his night pretty well. His game-winning attempt was laughable, as was his attempt to end the 1st Quarter. I also think someone has to say it--the old man has a tendency to catch Enrique’s heroitis at the end of quarters. He takes way too many bad shots at the end of quarters for a man his age. He had the worst +/- on the team tonight.

Jonathan Simmons – B
14 points on 5-8 shooting (23 mins)

I’ve been on the Juice wagon for a while. I hate to use this as an opportunity to take a shot at Fathead, but all the time and resources used trying to develop him should’ve been used on Simmons. It’s so obvious that he brings so much more to the table. He’s made some progression and his confidence is growing. Hopefully he can start hitting that corner three consistently.

Dewayne Dedmon – C-
5 points, 7 rebs, 1 block on 2-6 shooting (20 mins)

After seeing him defend guys like Cousins really well it was a little surprising that he looked overwhelmed by Moose Monroe at times. Tbf, similar to Danny/Beasley, this was also a tough cover as Monroe has been playing really well lately. Overall, not his best game but still brought good energy. Liked that midrange jumper he knocked down.

Davis Bertans - B+
11 points, 2 assists, 0 rebounds on 4-7 shooting (19 mins)

Love me some Bertans. The kid needs more minutes. We all knew he was a sharpshooter but he is also starting to show that he is an underrated playmaker off the dribble. Set-up Simmons a couple of times IIRC and also got Pau a wide open shot late in the 4th Qtr for a chance to take the lead. His length and athleticism gives him the potential to be a solid team defender. Loved that he pulled the trigger without hesitation there at the end. Had the best +/- on the team.

Paddy “MVPaddy” Mills – D-
0 points, 5 assists on 0-3 shooting (15 mins)

Since he’s been a rotation player, I honestly can’t remember the last time MVPaddy went scoreless in a game. His shot just didn’t look good tonight. He’s cooled off a little the past couple of week’s after looking like the best option at PG for the large majority of the season. Hopefully he can turn it around. His towel waving on the bench is still legendary though.

Pop – C
No head scratching moments from the GOAT today imo. He micromanages minutes and struggles to rein in our hero PG but that’s been a season long theme. Personally would’ve liked to have seen Bertans get the start, but if he drew up that three for Bertans in crunch time thumbs up for showing confidence in the young Latvian.

DPG21920
01-11-2017, 01:30 AM
Knew this was coming. Thanks for trying, but you are going to have to go to summer school if you want to advance to the next grade.

YGWHI
01-11-2017, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the grades! :tu

Unfortunately, he was also Milwaukee’s best defender against Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi had 11 points in the first four minutes of the 2nd Quarter. With about 8 minutes remaining in the quarter, Enrique entered the game. Kawhi didn’t attempt a FG the rest of the quarter. Meanwhile Enrique had 7 FGAs in the last 3 mins 30 secs of the half.
There were also possessions down the stretch in the 4th Quarter where he literally didn’t even look in Kawhi’s direction.

I wonder how many other starting point guards in the league freeze the leading scorer that often...smh.

DPG21920
01-11-2017, 01:37 AM
This is going to be a gambittt, FkLA, dabbom and Yghwhy circle thread.

FkLA
01-11-2017, 01:41 AM
Why don't you share your take on Enrique freezing out Kawhi instead of whining, DPG?

YGWHI
01-11-2017, 01:47 AM
This is going to be a gambittt, FkLA, dabbom and Yghwhy circle thread.

But you really don't find it weird that Kawhi doesn't take shots with Parker on the court?

Or Parker takes more shots than him?

The old PG taking more shots than the young leading scorer...

Is it really good for you?

Can't you see an issue there?

Because trolling Parker haters is one thing, saying that Parker taking 7 shots and Kawhi 0 is something positive or a strategy that the team can translate to playoffs success is a whole different story

dabom
01-11-2017, 01:51 AM
Porker is washed up.

dabom
01-11-2017, 01:52 AM
We can't hide him in the Playoffs.

YGWHI
01-11-2017, 02:10 AM
We can't hide him in the Playoffs.

Doesn't matter.

Pop will play Kawhi less minutes than the opposite team star=Spurs will lose the series.

Pop will play Gasol more minutes than Dedmon= opposite team will feast on Pau in pick and rolls.

Pop will allow Parker to freeze Kawhi in whole quarters=Parker misses shots, only LMA scores, Kawhi is freezed, Spurs lose.

Pop will play Parker even when he shouldn't=opposite teams will attack and beat Parker=Spurs will lose

Pop will wait until game 6 in the series to make an adjustment=too late, Spurs will lose.

Pop will get outplayed by Doc, Donovan, D'Antoni, Kerr.

Basketball 101

01-11-2017, 02:10 AM
Missed the game, thanks for the write up :tu

edit: as far as Parker "freezing out" Kiwi, I think it's really on Pop. Parker has been Pop's whipping boy since forever, so I think it's reasonable to think if Pop demanded him to do something he'd listen.

Snaq O'Meal
01-11-2017, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the grades! :tu

I wonder how many other starting point guards in the league freeze the leading scorer that often...smh.

Westbrook perhaps?

YGWHI
01-11-2017, 02:14 AM
Westbrook perhaps?

Not really. Only Parker in this season. Because Westbrook is the leading scorer on his team now.

ElNono
01-11-2017, 02:24 AM
good writeup... I would've given Tony a higher grade though, IMO, tbh...

Robz4000
01-11-2017, 02:28 AM
Would've been funnier if you gave Tony an F for fat imvho.

siraulo23
01-11-2017, 03:35 AM
Pop D-

Put Kawhi on Beasley in the 4th quarter and its probably a W, try to break his rhythm and let others try to score when he's that hot

BillMc
01-11-2017, 03:38 AM
Nice write up. :toast Harsh on Parker, but that's no surprise. :lol

Patty needs to step up. He doesn't have the defensive chops or playmaking skills to help out when his shot's not falling.

Simmons and Bertans may be our backup rotation of the future. I've changed my mind on Simmons and now want him back at the right price.

SpursIndonesia
01-11-2017, 03:56 AM
good writeup... I would've given Tony a higher grade though, IMO, tbh...

Yeah, without the shitty krew color glasses, there's no fucking way TP is graded at the same level as Mills tonight, nada. B, C, whatever, certainly not a D.

SnakeBoy
01-11-2017, 05:25 AM

I’m going to try to be objective here. Numbers wise, he had a solid game.

:lol you didn't try very hard

ceperez
01-11-2017, 06:20 AM
Spurs let another winnable game slip away. Held a lead and looked in control for most of the game. The offense was there, and outside of Paddy and Manu, everybody on the team who played had atleast a decent game. There's been games when the defense has looked dreadful, and you can point to that as the culprit for a loss but I actually didn't think that was the case today either. I think you just have to give Milwaukee some credit. They're a talented team that didn't fold when the Spurs looked like they were on their way to another dominant win at home. Outside of Enrique's antics, it was an enjoyable, well played game despite the loss imo.

Pau Gasol - C
6 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists on 3-9 shooting (28 mins)

Decent game from Pau. Missed some shots, including a wide open 15 footer from the baseline with under a minute left but he did have some nice moves in the post and had a solid rebounding night. Even decided to hustle a little by chasing down a couple of offensive rebounds. Milwaukee doesn’t have speedy guards so his horrible defense didn’t rear it’s ugly head as often today imo.

David Lee – B-
10 points, 7 rebounds on 5-6 shooting (26 mins)

Another workman-like outing from Lee. There’s really not much to analyze about a David Lee game. Dude goes out there and plays hard. His defense is what it is but overall he’s still been a net positive all season long.

Kawhi Leonard – A
30 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks on 10-16 shooting (34 mins)

Just a two-way monster. He looked like a man amongst boys against both Parker and Giannis before he was pulled for the night. The Greek Freak was under the weather but you still have to admire Kawhi’s competitiveness when going up against other elite wings. He consistently wins those head to head match-ups. You also have to love his unselfishness. Had it going in the fourth quarter, and yet still set-up Danny Green’s go ahead three and Manu’s clank late in the game. It’s refreshing to see that sort of unselfishness from a star player after years of heroball from a certain PG on the team. The bad foul on Milwaukee's halfcourt heave to end the 1st half is the only blemish in an otherwise stellar night, tbh.

Danny Green - B-
14 points, 3 rebounds on 5-12 shooting (26 mins)

Another solid outing from LDN. 4-9 from behind the arc, including a go ahead 3 with a minute left in the game. Even had a drive that ended with a made lay-up. He did get worked by Beasley but tbf that is a tough match-up for him. Overall, LDN did his job tonight imo.

I’m going to try to be objective here. Numbers wise, he had a solid game. Unfortunately, he was also Milwaukee’s best defender against Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi had 11 points in the first four minutes of the 2nd Quarter. With about 8 minutes remaining in the quarter, Enrique entered the game. Kawhi didn’t attempt a FG the rest of the quarter. Meanwhile Enrique had 7 FGAs in the last 3 mins 30 secs of the half. There were also possessions down the stretch in the 4th Quarter where he literally didn’t even look in Kawhi’s direction. I don’t think it’s a matter of him disliking Kawhi, as much as it's him just wanting the spotlight to be on him. He loves playing hero. It’s who he’s always been, unfortunately. Worst +/- for the starters, and second worst overall.

Manu Ginobili - F-
3 points, 1 assist on 1-6 shooting (15 mins)

There are games when Manu looks possessed and there are games when he looks like a 50 year old. Today he looked like a 75 year old. He was a complete disaster outside of his buzzer beater to end the 3rd Quarter. Sloppy passing, poor shooting, and a lot of swiping on defense sums up his night pretty well. His game-winning attempt was laughable, as was his attempt to end the 1st Quarter. I also think someone has to say it--the old man has a tendency to catch Enrique’s heroitis at the end of quarters. He takes way too many bad shots at the end of quarters for a man his age. He had the worst +/- on the team tonight.

Jonathan Simmons – B
14 points on 5-8 shooting (23 mins)

I’ve been on the Juice wagon for a while. I hate to use this as an opportunity to take a shot at Fathead, but all the time and resources used trying to develop him should’ve been used on Simmons. It’s so obvious that he brings so much more to the table. He’s made some progression and his confidence is growing. Hopefully he can start hitting that corner three consistently.

Dewayne Dedmon – C-
5 points, 7 rebs, 1 block on 2-6 shooting (20 mins)

After seeing him defend guys like Cousins really well it was a little surprising that he looked overwhelmed by Moose Monroe at times. Tbf, similar to Danny/Beasley, this was also a tough cover as Monroe has been playing really well lately. Overall, not his best game but still brought good energy. Liked that midrange jumper he knocked down.

Davis Bertans - B+
11 points, 2 assists, 0 rebounds on 4-7 shooting (19 mins)

Love me some Bertans. The kid needs more minutes. We all knew he was a sharpshooter but he is also starting to show that he is an underrated playmaker off the dribble. Set-up Simmons a couple of times IIRC and also got Pau a wide open shot late in the 4th Qtr for a chance to take the lead. His length and athleticism gives him the potential to be a solid team defender. Loved that he pulled the trigger without hesitation there at the end. Had the best +/- on the team.

Paddy “MVPaddy” Mills – D-
0 points, 5 assists on 0-3 shooting (15 mins)

Since he’s been a rotation player, I honestly can’t remember the last time MVPaddy went scoreless in a game. His shot just didn’t look good tonight. He’s cooled off a little the past couple of week’s after looking like the best option at PG for the large majority of the season. Hopefully he can turn it around. His towel waving on the bench is still legendary though.

Pop – C
No head scratching moments from the GOAT today imo. He micromanages minutes and struggles to rein in our hero PG but that’s been a season long theme. Personally would’ve liked to have seen Bertans get the start, but if he drew up that three for Bertans in crunch time thumbs up for showing confidence in the young Latvian.

Patty Mills has problems with long athletic teams. He just can't get a clean look so he ends up just being a liability in defense. Pop probably knows this by now.

I guess it is also the same with Parker, he can't penetrate if the defenders are just quick enough.

cd98
01-11-2017, 07:04 AM
Grades a little biased. Mad at Parker for ignoring Kawhi in the second quarter, really? He gave up the ball to Kawhi down the stretch. Kawhi had 30 points. I don't think Parker got in the way. But way too high a grade for Davis. Yes, he did take and make some nice threes, but he was a big reason the Spurs coughed up a stable lead as he passed up open jumpers to force passes that were easily picked off for layups. He was a big part of SA losing this game. I'm glad he made some nice plays, but he was a C at best. I hope he continues to improve, but his hesitation to shoot and then turning it over do to his hesitation is frustrating.

TheDoctor
01-11-2017, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the grades OP

tenbeersbold
01-11-2017, 08:13 AM
Bucks are a tough team,minus Lamarcus it was gonna be tough no matter what,dude is a beast tbh

Brazil
01-11-2017, 08:24 AM
:lol D+
:lol Full names except Tony Enrique Porker and MVPatty
:lol credibility... not
:lol haters specimen
:lol trolling

NameLess Scrub
01-11-2017, 08:43 AM
OP needs to self-impose posting without the Kawhi/Parker schtick :lol.

Anyway, they lost. F to everybody.

Nah seriously, thanks for the effort.

RD2191
01-11-2017, 09:02 AM
Great grades by OP. Agree with everything.

SpursIndonesia
01-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Grades a little biased. Mad at Parker for ignoring Kawhi in the second quarter, really? He gave up the ball to Kawhi down the stretch. Kawhi had 30 points. I don't think Parker got in the way. But way too high a grade for Davis. Yes, he did take and make some nice threes, but he was a big reason the Spurs coughed up a stable lead as he passed up open jumpers to force passes that were easily picked off for layups. He was a big part of SA losing this game. I'm glad he made some nice plays, but he was a C at best. I hope he continues to improve, but his hesitation to shoot and then turning it over do to his hesitation is frustrating.

I think he is a little bit too advanced with "good for better" mantra, still thinking that he's with the bench, while he is actually with the starters & positioned as the hit man/finisher with the looks generated by the team's other playmakers.

============================

TP is by no mean amazing in this game, but he is quick enough with his penetration & doing a pretty decent job playmaking and creating open looks for teammates. Such as the open midrange jumper that Gasol bricked the last minute of the game, or the open three from both corners that Green failed to convert.

Brazil
01-11-2017, 09:06 AM
quite a pity OP cannot refrain the trolling game so that we can have good grades tbh.

Thanks for everybody who made the effort to be serious at least for game grades, too bad OP decided to sabotage one of the good stuff that was raising the bar of the forum... Hopefully that will be his last game grades and more competent and less childish people can continue feeding us with good stuff.

RD2191
01-11-2017, 09:10 AM
OP should be the designated grader imo

dabom
01-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Great grades by OP. Agree with everything.

OP should be the designated grader imo

:tu

TDomination
01-11-2017, 09:56 AM
This game was frustrating at the end. Winning for the majority of the game to let the lead slip in the last 4 minutes. Bucks did make good plays though, props to them.

$pursDynasty
01-11-2017, 10:18 AM
sigh sooooooo Parker shoots 47% and gets a D and Patty shoots 0% and gets a D and this is you trying to be objective? Numbers wise (a truly objective metric) you admit he had a good game buuuut Parker ends up with a D and you are trying to be objective? But wait Parker did have 2 TO's oh but Patty had 3. Oh but there is the raw +/- which is the most nonsensical stat that there is. FkLa serious question, have you not seen the times when Pop demands the ball go to Kiwi, I sure have and you know what it goes to him, yet by your theory Tony can "ignore" Kiwi for entire quarters without consequence. Pop will call a timeout after one defensive lapse but by your theory he will allow the offense to be sabotaged repeatedly, doesn't sound like any Spurs team I can remember. I won't complain about anyone taking their valuable time to do game grades so thank you but 'sigh'.

Cry Havoc
01-11-2017, 11:20 AM
sigh sooooooo Parker shoots 47% and gets a D and Patty shoots 0% and gets a D and this is you trying to be objective? Numbers wise (a truly objective metric) you admit he had a good game buuuut Parker ends up with a D and you are trying to be objective? But wait Parker did have 2 TO's oh but Patty had 3. Oh but there is the raw +/- which is the most nonsensical stat that there is. FkLa serious question, have you not seen the times when Pop demands the ball go to Kiwi, I sure have and you know what it goes to him, yet by your theory Tony can "ignore" Kiwi for entire quarters without consequence. Pop will call a timeout after one defensive lapse but by your theory he will allow the offense to be sabotaged repeatedly, doesn't sound like any Spurs team I can remember. I won't complain about anyone taking their valuable time to do game grades so thank you but 'sigh'.

FkLa doesn't watch the games. This has been known for a while now.

FkLA
01-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Rique apologists will turn even game grades into a thread centered around their hero smh.

Brazil
01-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Rique apologists will turn even game grades into a thread centered around their hero smh.

you turned your whole grades around Parker... it's a shame you cannot refrain yourself from spoiling the game grades that have been great untill now with your dirty agenda tbh

cd98
01-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Rique apologists will turn even game grades into a thread centered around their hero smh. Well, Parker was not the problem in this game. He played well enough and when he took shots in the second quarter, he made them, so what difference does it make if Kawhi is making the basket or Tony, so long as it goes in (unless you are a player fan and not a Spurs fan, in which case, dumb things matter). The problem in this game, was that the Spurs could not get a player on Beasley that could defend him other than Kawhi and Pop thought it necessary to stick Kawhi on J. Parker, initially, and then the point guard for some inexplicable reason. Kawhi should have been on Beasley until J. Parker showed that Green, Simmons, and Betrans could not guard him either.

apalisoc_9
01-11-2017, 01:11 PM
Excellent write up.

Not sure why parker fans are so mad. I probably qould have given parker C minus but its still a totally fair grading.

Smdh at people and their agendas.

apalisoc_9
01-11-2017, 01:15 PM
It's pretty retarded to to think that you cant critisize your PG for not involving the best player in 8 straight minutes specially when that player is shooting over 60%

People here hated on westbrook all the time for doing it..but all of a sudden, it doesnt matter who takes the shot?

What kind of retarded double standardnis that?

The fact is, Kawhi was cooking..Parker entered the game, didnt have a single FG.

TheGreatYacht
01-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Parker didn't pass to the best player on the team because he was out with Gastroenteritis

rjv
01-11-2017, 02:12 PM
I would have given TP a higher grade too. And I would have graded Manu even lower.

DPG21920
01-11-2017, 05:29 PM
It's pretty retarded to to think that you cant critisize your PG for not involving the best player in 8 straight minutes specially when that player is shooting over 60%

People here hated on westbrook all the time for doing it..but all of a sudden, it doesnt matter who takes the shot?

What kind of retarded double standardnis that?

The fact is, Kawhi was cooking..Parker entered the game, didnt have a single FG.

This is stupid, but you know that. If you watched the game, did TP take bad shots at the expense of feeding Kawhi? No, but you know that. Did TP set up others with good looks? Yes, but you know that.

There have been moments where TP missed Kawhi, but for the most part, especially lately, TP has been running a damn fine offense that is cranking out efficient points. He very rarely is taking bad shots. He also plays alongside Kawhi for many stretches beyond the 8 minutes where Kawhi see's lot of touches. But you know that.

james evans
01-11-2017, 06:00 PM

And people swear I'm full of shit when I say Parker doesn't pass to leaonrd due to jealousy. He does that shit every game. I'm tired of him, Popovich and Ginobli. It has to come to point in which the owner of the team has a meeting with Popovich and tells him to cut the bullshit. I've never seen a coach get so much free will to fuck a good thing as Popovich has gotten from from Peter Holt. What does he have on him? I just can't see Marc Cuban or any owner allowing a coach to piss away so many titles with bullshit ass substitutions and favortism every season. Yeah yeah yeah, we got 5 rings, but how many rings have we not gotten from Popvocih's ego? You got a young guy at 25 that hasn't even reached his peak yet and you treat him like he's fucking 40 years old. TURN HIM LOOSE!!! imagine if this popovich was coaching Duncan in 99. he's done. he seiously has lost it

james evans
01-11-2017, 06:13 PM
btw, Green should have got an F for his 2nd half play alone

dabom
01-11-2017, 06:17 PM
And people swear I'm full of shit when I say Parker doesn't pass to leaonrd due to jealousy. He does that shit every game. I'm tired of him, Popovich and Ginobli. It has to come to point in which the owner of the team has a meeting with Popovich and tells him to cut the bullshit. I've never seen a coach get so much free will to fuck a good thing as Popovich has gotten from from Peter Holt. What does he have on him? I just can't see Marc Cuban or any owner allowing a coach to piss away so many titles with bullshit ass substitutions and favortism every season. Yeah yeah yeah, we got 5 rings, but how many rings have we not gotten from Popvocih's ego? You got a young guy at 25 that hasn't even reached his peak yet and you treat him like he's fucking 40 years old. TURN HIM LOOSE!!! imagine if this popovich was coaching Duncan in 99. he's done. he seiously has lost it

Where did you get that?..

DPG21920
01-11-2017, 06:20 PM

Comprehension problems? He means in his opinion he thinks the owner needs to call a meeting with Pop.

james evans
01-11-2017, 06:26 PM
I meant, it's come to the point in which they need to do that. They need to sit him down and just have a conversation with him telling him toe cut the bullshit and stop trying to look like a genius..

dabom
01-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Comprehension problems? He means in his opinion he thinks the owner needs to call a meeting with Pop.

huh?

DPG21920
01-11-2017, 06:30 PM

I meant, it's come to the point in which they need to do that. They need to sit him down and just have a conversation with him telling him toe cut the bullshit and stop trying to look like a genius..

huh?

:lmao Terrible comprehension then biting my schtick.

dabom
01-11-2017, 06:34 PM
:lmao Terrible comprehension then biting my schtick.

So I made you look dumb all those other times. :lol

:tu

Cry Havoc
01-11-2017, 06:52 PM

:lmao Holy shit lmao

dabom
01-11-2017, 07:00 PM
:lmao Holy shit lmao

Reddit poster. :lol

DeRozan m8
01-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Knew this was coming. Thanks for trying, but you are going to have to go to summer school if you want to advance to the next grade.

Someones cut at his fave players grade lmao

tbdog
01-11-2017, 07:34 PM
That was a hard game to give up. We are on Dubs tail and we let that one go. We were clearly the better team and got some great looks, Leonard, Greenx4, and Bertans got it halfway down. To lose, at home. Ouch. The tape will show that they got to the hoop and finished far to easily. Pack it up, move ahead, next game.

FkLA
01-11-2017, 08:06 PM
you turned your whole grades around Parker... it's a shame you cannot refrain yourself from spoiling the game grades that have been great untill now with your dirty agenda tbh

Wait, did I not grade the rest of the team or something? I gave everyone the grade that I saw fit. You may enjoy your hero freezing out Kawhi but I don't. Like apa said, switch Enrique with Westbrook and Kawhi with Durant, and that sequence in the 2nd Quarter turns into a national story. To make matters worse, Enrique is a washed up scrub. Atleast Westbrook is an in his prime, Top 10 player.

But somehow it's supposed to be ok if Enrique does it bc he's French or bc he's supposedly a Spurs legend. :rolleyes

FkLA
01-11-2017, 08:16 PM
Well, Parker was not the problem in this game. He played well enough and when he took shots in the second quarter, he made them, so what difference does it make if Kawhi is making the basket or Tony, so long as it goes in (unless you are a player fan and not a Spurs fan, in which case, dumb things matter). The problem in this game, was that the Spurs could not get a player on Beasley that could defend him other than Kawhi and Pop thought it necessary to stick Kawhi on J. Parker, initially, and then the point guard for some inexplicable reason. Kawhi should have been on Beasley until J. Parker showed that Green, Simmons, and Betrans could not guard him either.

When did I blame him? There were two players with worse grades than him. I said Enrique had a somewhat decent game and his grade reflects that, imho.

DPG21920
01-11-2017, 08:20 PM
When did I blame him? There were two players with worse grades than him. I said Enrique had a somewhat decent game and his grade reflects that, imho.

Thanks for your service but you are no longer needed.

Cry Havoc
01-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Reddit poster. :lol

https://yt3.ggpht.com/-U-bn-xuyXZI/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/V1pE2E9Vtmk/s900-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg

FkLA
01-11-2017, 08:24 PM

whine whine whine

DPG21920
01-11-2017, 08:26 PM
whine whine whine

Step your game up. You're my dude and I know you can do better. Don't fall into the trap.

FkLA
01-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Sucks that the Rique apologists have ruined the thread but I do it for the ST familia, not them. :)

Cry Havoc
01-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Sucks that the Rique apologists have ruined the thread but I do it for the ST familia, not them. :)

Pobrecito. And you accuse dpg of whining. :lmao

FkLA
01-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Pobrecito. And you accuse dpg of whining. :lmao

Stop it. You're not a good shit talker. Too feminine.

BD24
01-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Parker grade and writeup is a bit harsh. As others have said it sad to see you cant keep your parker agenda out of your grades.

I will say that I didnt like that he made a few shots and then started forcing it. He has come along way from what he used to do, but he still needs to get better at taking what is given too him. He was doing really well for a few possesions and kept trying to force it inside when nothing was there instead of involgint teammates. A C+ or B- would possibly be fair for his game.

Outside of that run at the end of the 2nd quarter he was pretty good. One bad run doesn't turn the grade into a D in my opinion.

Cry Havoc
01-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Stop it. You're not a good shit talker. Too feminine.

You and the hooked on phonics krew continue to be preoccupied with my sexuality. :lol

apalisoc_9
01-12-2017, 12:45 AM
Ofcourse one stretch can deserve a massive blow on the grade specially since the spurs were on the way to winning comfortably in the second until parker started to force shots again.

Its all about context.

SpursIndonesia
01-12-2017, 01:25 AM
Ofcourse one stretch can deserve a massive blow on the grade specially since the spurs were on the way to winning comfortably in the second until parker started to force shots again.

Its all about context.

Naah, there is no context related to Tony that can explain Beastley going rage like that. And of course, not even Brogdon was on him when that guy hit those flukish 3 pt shots. It is what it is, TP played more than good enough for us to win that game, if everything else were at least on par.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 01:45 AM
FkLa serious question, have you not seen the times when Pop demands the ball go to Kiwi, I sure have and you know what it goes to him, yet by your theory Tony can "ignore" Kiwi for entire quarters without consequence. Pop will call a timeout after one defensive lapse but by your theory he will allow the offense to be sabotaged repeatedly, doesn't sound like any Spurs team I can remember.

Pop played Kawhi less minutes than KD in last playoffs, Spus were outplayed when Kawhi was on the bench.

Pop insisted to pair Boris and West against Kanter-Adams/ Kanter-Ibaka instead of playing LMA more minutes.

Pop didn't make a move until the last game of OKC series when it was too late.

Pop couldn't do anything against double high-screens Doc's strategy, they killed the Spurs in that play every game of the series.

Pop played an injured Parker when Patty was so hot against Clips.

Yeah...Pop didn't call a TO last game when Parker didn't look for Kawhi in two whole quarters, he should...But he has made bigger mistakes, right?

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 01:54 AM

I will say that I didnt like that he made a few shots and then started forcing it.

If we read last game-grades, guys lowered Kawhi's grades when he was forcing it...But then someone gave Parker a low grade for the same reason...their fans get mad.

Kawhi scored 26 points against Boston shooting .52% 100% FT, 6 asts. He had a few TOs and get a...C. I don't remember Brazil, DPG and the rest of guys saying that was a low grade even when Kawhi was the best player on the court and the main reason for Spurs win like Brad Stevens said.

For ST standards it's fine to give Kawhi low grades but not to Parker. Good to know it.

pookenstein
01-12-2017, 02:17 AM
Maybe because it was an average game for Kiwis standard nowadays. He's been so good that games like Boston are what is expected from Leonard.

Parker on the other hand is portrayed as a total scrub by you and the rest of the Anti-TP krew, yet he gets a below average grade for a 14/7 statline.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 02:50 AM
Maybe because it was an average game for Kiwis standard nowadays. He's been so good that games like Boston are what is expected from Leonard.

Parker on the other hand is portrayed as a total scrub by you and the rest of the Anti-TP krew, yet he gets a below average grade for a 14/7 statline.

I wouldn't give a C to the player who was the best player of a game the Spurs won.

And you wouldn't give F to the player who didn't create plays for the best scorer on the court, forced it, and took more shots than him in a game that the Spurs lost.

That's fine. So why the scandal with the rest of guys?

Grades are so personal views, personal narratives.

I didn't call that guy 'a Kawhi's hater' for a low grade...I thanked him for his time and just said that I didn't share his grading criteria.

But the rest of the guys here overreacted calling everyone who didn't think like them about Parker...Parker haters Anti Parker.

For the record, like I've said a million times, I DON'T hate Parker. I used to LOVE him. But he's not the player he was, he can't contribute in playoffs, he has been net negative in the last two. And I don't want him on my team anymore, at least not in a starting point guard role.

There is a big difference between 'don't like' and 'hate'.

GSH
01-12-2017, 02:50 AM
Fk FkLA.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 03:54 AM
This is stupid, but you know that. If you watched the game, did TP take bad shots at the expense of feeding Kawhi? No, but you know that.

I will say that I didnt like that he made a few shots and then started forcing it.
Yes, he did.

Did TP set up others with good looks? Yes
But those good looks were for other player not named Kawhi and they missed those shots. A good look for a role player isn't the same that a Kawhi's shot.
Kawhi was on fire, why Parker couldn't create for the hot hand instead of trying with the other guys or looking for his own shot? Why Parker waited until the stretch to share the ball with him?

The Spurs wouldn't have needed a desperate 3 shot at the end of the game if our defense would have worked but also...if the only main scorer in LMA's absence would have taken more FGAs than just 16.
But it was hard for Kawhi to get a FGA when the starting point guard was looking for himself.

spurraider21
01-12-2017, 04:59 AM
to be fair FkLA is conditioned to hate when parker plays well since that cost him money last year :lol...

for some reason, after 11 consecutive seasons of shooting over 48%, this dude thought it was a good idea to bet he'd shoot lower than 45

Brazil
01-12-2017, 08:09 AM
Wait, did I not grade the rest of the team or something? I gave everyone the grade that I saw fit. You may enjoy your hero freezing out Kawhi but I don't. Like apa said, switch Enrique with Westbrook and Kawhi with Durant, and that sequence in the 2nd Quarter turns into a national story. To make matters worse, Enrique is a washed up scrub. Atleast Westbrook is an in his prime, Top 10 player.

But somehow it's supposed to be ok if Enrique does it bc he's French or bc he's supposedly a Spurs legend. :rolleyes

you are an idiot tbh...

You called out people to turn your thread into a Parker thread when you whole game grades are just about that... your whole agenda was there starting at the 3rd sentence of your essay. Now your comeback is :cry meh I also grades other people :cry try consistency and stop logic fallacies.

your game grade is trash because of that. Even the biggest haters did game threads free of agenda but you could not. if you consider parker was the biggest story of this game and somehow the culprit of this loss like your grades suggest it probably means as usual you did not watch the game and this has nothing to with bc he is legend or French... :rolleyes

again it's a pity and I hope you will refrain yourself next time

Brazil
01-12-2017, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't give a C to the player who was the best player of a game the Spurs won.

And you wouldn't give F to the player who didn't create plays for the best scorer on the court, forced it, and took more shots than him in a game that the Spurs lost.

Grades are so personal views, personal narratives.

I didn't call that guy 'a Kawhi's hater' for a low grade...I thanked him for his time and just said that I didn't share his grading criteria.

But the rest of the guys here overreacted calling everyone who didn't think like them about Parker...Parker haters Anti Parker.

For the record, like I've said a million times, I DON'T hate Parker. I used to LOVE him. But he's not the player he was, he can't contribute in playoffs, he has been net negative in the last two. And I don't want him on my team anymore, at least not in a starting point guard role.

There is a big difference between 'don't like' and 'hate'.

:lol issue there is not about parker grade tbh... as you said grades are personnal and we are all biased. issue is turning a whole thread into Porker, Enrique, Fat etc... to fit an agenda trying to be funny and failing.

Brazil
01-12-2017, 09:13 AM
If we read last game-grades, guys lowered Kawhi's grades when he was forcing it...But then someone gave Parker a low grade for the same reason...their fans get mad.

Kawhi scored 26 points against Boston shooting .52% 100% FT, 6 asts. He had a few TOs and get a...C. I don't remember Brazil, DPG and the rest of guys saying that was a low grade even when Kawhi was the best player on the court and the main reason for Spurs win like Brad Stevens said.

For ST standards it's fine to give Kawhi low grades but not to Parker. Good to know it.

oh boy, you don't seem to be overwhelmed by reading comprehension and intelligence. DPG and myself are not arguing about grade, we all expected them to be low because of OP but that's an entire other issue. I honestly don't give a fuck about OP C+, I just find pitiful turning game grade thread on an entire parker sucks agenda thread. That's the whole point. Try to focus

will_spurs
01-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Next time just save yourself some time and copy/paste the +/- column from the box score :lol

FkLA
01-12-2017, 11:22 AM
you are an idiot tbh...

You called out people to turn your thread into a Parker thread when you whole game grades are just about that... your whole agenda was there starting at the 3rd sentence of your essay. Now your comeback is :cry meh I also grades other people :cry try consistency and stop logic fallacies.

your game grade is trash because of that. Even the biggest haters did game threads free of agenda but you could not. if you consider parker was the biggest story of this game and somehow the culprit of this loss like your grades suggest it probably means as usual you did not watch the game and this has nothing to with bc he is legend or French... :rolleyes

again it's a pity and I hope you will refrain yourself next time

WTF are you rambling about you sensitive homer? The third sentence in the OP literally reads:

The offense was there, and outside of Paddy and Manu, everybody on the team who played had atleast a decent game.

Again, switch Porker/Kawhi with Westbrook/KD and its 'why did Russ go away from KD in the 2nd Qtr' or 'why did Russ take as many shots'. But Rique is your hero, so no one can call him out or else you'll whine about how they ruin game grades. :cry

FkLA
01-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Next time just save yourself some time and copy/paste the +/- column from the box score :lol

Used +/- for like three players. Pretty sad that Porker is considered the team for his legion of fanboys. :td

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 11:32 AM
WTF are you rambling about you sensitive homer? The third sentence in the OP literally reads:

The offense was there, and outside of Paddy and Manu, everybody on the team who played had atleast a decent game.

Again, switch Porker/Kawhi with Westbrook/KD and its 'why did Russ go away from KD in the 2nd Qtr' or 'why did Russ take as many shots'. But Rique is your hero, so no one can call him out or else you'll whine about how they ruin game grades. :cry

TIL a D+ is a "decent" grade.

Well, in your defense, that probably was for you in school. :lol

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 11:36 AM

Because only the helmet krew is stupid enough to have an agenda specifically against a player on the Spurs.

Right. That thread was a picture of civility. :lmao Serious question: Do you actually read threads, or do you just decide what happened based on what you hope for in hindsight?

Brazil
01-12-2017, 11:40 AM

sorry homie it was not third sentence but third line... "Outside of Enrique's antics, it was an enjoyable, well played game despite the loss imo."
your comments just reflect you are the sensitive dude, there is nothing objective on your write up about parker only bleeding vagina of... pork, hero, :cry he did not even look at my hero kawhi :cry are you serious ? .... reading your grades is as useful as reading the game thread, just shorter

again too bad you decided to clown a game grade thread

FkLA
01-12-2017, 11:44 AM
:lol

Cry Faggot, you in particular always hated on Westbrook for shooting as much as Durant. Your rants against Westbrook were comedy gold. Yet here you are on the other end, defending your Rique for doing the exact same thing. Tsk tsk.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 11:48 AM
:lol

Cry Faggot, you in particular always hated on Westbrook for shooting as much as Durant. Your rants against Westbrook were comedy gold. Yet here you are on the other end, defending your Rique for doing the exact same thing. Tsk tsk.

Cry Faggot! Good one! You're stepping up the originality.

I almost wish Tony would hoist 38 shots in a single fucking game just so the entire forum could watch you have a Parker-induced panic attack.

Parker shoots too much but Westbrook doesn't :cry

FGA Parker: 14.0
FGA Westbrook: 23.9

:cry 14 and 24 are totally the same thing you guys :cry

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Westbrook usage rate: 42.9%

NBA Record for single-season usage rate: Kobe Bryant - 38.74%

:cry But you guys Tony shoots too much :cry

FkLA
01-12-2017, 11:50 AM
sorry homie it was not third sentence but third line... "Outside of Enrique's antics, it was an enjoyable, well played game despite the loss imo."
your comments just reflect you are the sensitive dude, there is nothing objective on your write up about parker only bleeding vagina of... pork, hero, :cry he did not even look at my hero kawhi :cry are you serious ? .... reading your grades is as useful as reading the game thread, just shorter

again too bad you decided to clown a game grade thread

Well, it was an enjoyable game outside of Enrique's antics. Not sure what is so wrong with saying it.

You know what's funny is I destroyed Manu in his game grade and you don't see Nono or DAF whining about it.

BD24
01-12-2017, 12:09 PM
to be fair FkLA is conditioned to hate when parker plays well since that cost him money last year :lol...

for some reason, after 11 consecutive seasons of shooting over 48%, this dude thought it was a good idea to bet he'd shoot lower than 45
Totally forgot about that. 45% wasn't even an option in his shitty poll though :lol

$pursDynasty
01-12-2017, 12:14 PM
guys I get the feeling that this whole thing is textbook (or the epitome of) trolling and trying to argue logically or getting upset about it is only giving the troll-er what they want. I initially got mad because game grades hold a sentimental value for me because it was what got me attached to this site years ago. However it being a 'high value target' makes it a desirable troll spot as well. we have more than enough troll posts on this site I would prefer game grades to be a no troll zone but alas that ain't happening. hopefully this is an aberration and not an indication of the new normal on game grades, which will sadly mean avoiding game threads like I avoid obvious trolling ones.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 12:20 PM
guys I get the feeling that this whole thing is textbook (or the epitome of) trolling and trying to argue logically or getting upset about it is only giving the troll-er what they want. I initially got mad because game grades hold a sentimental value for me because it was what got me attached to this site years ago. However it being a 'high value target' makes it a desirable troll spot as well. we have more than enough troll posts on this site I would prefer game grades to be a no troll zone but alas that ain't happening. hopefully this is an aberration and not an indication of the new normal on game grades, which will sadly mean avoiding game threads like I avoid obvious trolling ones.

Not upset. Laughing at their stupidity.

Trolling is meant to anger people and stir up resentment. Instead they spend 10x the energy of anyone else trying to maintain their krew schtick. If anything it's the opposite of what they want -- they're having to scramble to keep up the facade of trolling because they're getting embarassed so thoroughly. Though to be fair I think a couple of them have actually bought into it and actually believe what they say. :lol

Brazil
01-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Well, it was an enjoyable game outside of Enrique's antics. Not sure what is so wrong with saying it.

You know what's funny is I destroyed Manu in his game grade and you don't see Nono or DAF whining about it.

:lmao and even here you could not refrain yourself to speak about Parker "I also think someone has to say it--the old man has a tendency to catch Enrique’s heroitis at the end of quarters." Besides you "destroyed" him in the paragraph reserved to him, you did not call him fat, selfish, heroballin' and all the subjective shit you like to throw out there with nothing to back it up. You transformed a game grade thread on a Parker sucks and is a bad human being agenda thread.

dabom
01-12-2017, 01:12 PM
:claw