PDA

View Full Version : Houston just lost to the Timberwolves

Amuseddaysleeper
01-11-2017, 10:09 PM
:wakeup

Mr. Body
01-11-2017, 10:10 PM
It's the NBA. Let down for a game and anyone can get you.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Gives us a little more breathing for the 2 spot for now even though it's early days.

Robz4000
01-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Doesn't excuse last night's choke, but it ends up not hurting them in the standings now either. If Eric Gordon misses significant time the Clippers and Rockets may end up in a dogfight for seeding; bad news for the Spurs if the Clippers land in their bracket.

spursistan
01-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Also part of the reason I want Rockets is the possibility of Harden getting fatigued by the time we reach the second round of playoffs (all this reg season load added up to ,say, a 7-game 1st R series vs the Grizzlies might catch up with him)..

Still, the Spurs have to avoid the Clips at all costs..Pop and his coaching stuff have continuously shown they simply have no clue how solve this team..

bklynspursfan
01-11-2017, 10:45 PM
They should probably blow it up and fire their coach. Despicable to lose a reg season game smh

spurs10
01-11-2017, 10:53 PM
They should probably blow it up and fire their coach. Despicable to lose a reg season game smh Yeah maybe they should get the owners together and tell D'Antoni to stop trying to be a genius!:wow

Cry Havoc
01-11-2017, 10:55 PM
They should probably blow it up and fire their coach. Despicable to lose a reg season game smh

But you guys, good teams never lose games. If they do, they're the worst team in the history of the league with the worst coach in the galaxy.

spurs10
01-11-2017, 11:00 PM
But you guys, good teams never lose games. If they do, they're the worst team in the history of the league with the worst coach in the galaxy. Don't we know it! Blow it up!!! :pctoss

bklynspursfan
01-11-2017, 11:26 PM
Yeah maybe they should get the owners together and tell D'Antoni to stop trying to be a genius!:wow

Yup. Idk how he's lasted this long tbh.

But you guys, good teams never lose games. If they do, they're the worst team in the history of the league with the worst coach in the galaxy.

I know :( there are no good teams anymore. How no one has gone 82-0 is beyond me

BillMc
01-11-2017, 11:35 PM

Yeah maybe they should get the owners together and tell D'Antoni to stop trying to be a genius!:wow

:lol

Maybe this will show the doom sayers on here that all teams have flaws.

DAF86
01-12-2017, 12:02 AM
I have a problem with the Rockets. I want them to finish 3rd, above the Clippers, but I also want Kawhi to have a real chance at MVP (which will not happen if Harden finishes top 3). Hopefully the Jazz overtake both Clippers and Rockets.

Robz4000
01-12-2017, 12:35 AM
I have a problem with the Rockets. I want them to finish 3rd, above the Clippers, but I also want Kawhi to have a real chance at MVP (which will not happen if Harden finishes top 3). Hopefully the Jazz overtake both Clippers and Rockets.

Kawhi's shot at MVP is all but gone tbh. At this point Harden, Westchimp, Antetokounmpo, LeBron, and Butler are all ahead of him.

Mr. Body
01-12-2017, 12:41 AM
We've never beat (or faced) the Rockets in the playoffs during the Pop/Duncan years. We've beaten every other Western Conference team at least once.

Mr. Body
01-12-2017, 12:42 AM
Kawhi's shot at MVP is all but gone tbh. At this point Harden, Westchimp, Antetokounmpo, LeBron, and Butler are all ahead of him.

It's a Harden or Westbrook. The others don't stand a chance.

Robz4000
01-12-2017, 12:44 AM
It's a Harden or Westbrook. The others don't stand a chance.

Pretty much, yeah. Been saying it for a month now: if Westchimp averages a triple double it's his, otherwise it goes to Harden.

spursistan
01-12-2017, 12:47 AM
Kawhi has no chance as long as Pop is coaching this team..:lol

Even without Harden/Westrbook having these type of seasons; no MVP gonna get that award without few signature games (+40 point etc), which won't happen on Poop watch..

timtonymanu
01-12-2017, 12:47 AM
Kawhi has no chance since he plays for Pop and his minutes are always managed. Plus the Spurs are playing about the same as last regular season record wise. Harden is gonna win it this year as long as he's healthy.

Darius Bieber
01-12-2017, 12:48 AM
Houston had a tough back-to-back. Had to travel from Houston last night to polar weather Minnesota today. Losing on the road to Minnesota on the back end of a back-to-back does not equal losing to the Bucks at home, while having a double digit lead, without Giannis.

Even with the loss, Houston only half a game back of the Spurs. Spurs are now 2.5 back on the Warriors. No chance the Spurs get #1.... Gonna be a real dog fight to get #2.

Mikeanaro
01-12-2017, 01:08 AM
Rub ´n Gum Pringles teams are good for RS.

Mikeanaro
01-12-2017, 01:11 AM
Kawhi has no chance since he plays for Pop and his minutes are always managed. Plus the Spurs are playing about the same as last regular season record wise. Harden is gonna win it this year as long as he's healthy.
Kawhi being MVP is not good for business, MVP´s play heavy minutes to promote the show, they get the calls and the attention so unless Kiws starts playing over 40 minutes...

UNT Eagles 2016
01-12-2017, 01:23 AM
SA Shits lost AT HOME to the fuckin' Bux :lmao

Darius Bieber
01-12-2017, 01:28 AM
SA Shits lost AT HOME to the fuckin' Bux :lmao

With Michael fuckin Beasley going off on Danny Green :lol

Kawhitstorm
01-12-2017, 01:44 AM

LeBron has all but taken himself out of the race by acquiring Korver & then losing 2 in a row.:lol

Robz4000
01-12-2017, 01:55 AM
LeBron has all but taken himself out of the race by acquiring Korver & then losing 2 in a row.:lol

Eh, if Lebron decides he wants it he can go for it anytime. We've seen him put up historic numbers like Avante puts up paragraphs of nonsense.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 02:20 AM

Kawhi never had a shot. The season had not even started and the media guys already said 'they shouldn't forget LeBron this time'...Until Harden/Russ explosion it was LeBron 'tha real MVP' after the Finals. Now it's a two-man battle with LeBron out of the equation.

But I doubt that Kawhi finished behind Butler or Giannis. Butler has been inconsistent and Giannis advanced stats are better than any other candidate but Kawhi's team record matters.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 02:29 AM
Kawhi being MVP is not good for business, MVP´s play heavy minutes to promote the show, they get the calls and the attention so unless Kiws starts playing over 40 minutes...

I wouldn't play Kawhi 40 mpg in the regular season.
But he should get those minutes in some especific games to get the win like last game against Bucks, Kawhi 4 minutes more on the court could have changed everything.
And I would definitely play him 40 mpg in playoffs to win a series. Sadly, Pop didn't think the same in the last two years.

Mikeanaro
01-12-2017, 02:35 AM
I wouldn't play Kawhi 40 mpg in the regular season.
But he should get those minutes in some especific games to get the win like last game against Bucks, Kawhi 4 minutes more on the court could have changed everything.
And I would definitely play him 40 mpg in playoffs to win a series. Sadly, Pop didn't think the same in the last two years.
Maybe Pop wants Kawhi playing NBA until he is in his 60s :rollin

BillMc
01-12-2017, 03:18 AM
Kawhi was second last year. If Spurs get the #1 seed one of these years, he's got an excellent chance.

Anotehr question is can he get another DPOY without Timmy behind him?

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 03:21 AM
Kawhi was second last year. If Spurs get the #1 seed one of these years, he's got an excellent chance.

IDK...Besides Warriors, Cavs, I can see more superteams rivals on Kawhi's career with some superstar moving to Clips, OKC or Houston in next years. We'll see.

Robz4000
01-12-2017, 03:43 AM

The media is going balls to the walls for Raymond to get DPOY tbh. That award is all wrapped up.

BillMc
01-12-2017, 03:48 AM
The media is going balls to the walls for Raymond to get DPOY tbh. That award is all wrapped up.

I agree. I meant long term.

Robz4000
01-12-2017, 03:56 AM
I agree. I meant long term.

I see no reason he can't. Spurs are the #1 defensive team in the league stats-wise right now with Gasol and Parker playing heavy minutes. Once you replace them with Murray and a more mobile big the defense could reach godly levels like last year once again.

NameLess Scrub
01-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Doesn't excuse last night's choke, but it ends up not hurting them in the standings now either. If Eric Gordon misses significant time the Clippers and Rockets may end up in a dogfight for seeding; bad news for the Spurs if the Clippers land in their bracket.

Clippers will land in the Spurs bracket. That's how they get out this year.
OKC just had their turn again, it's Clippers turn.

Eh, if Lebron decides he wants it he can go for it anytime. We've seen him put up historic numbers like Avante puts up paragraphs of nonsense.

Let him want it. He might turn into LeCramp by May/June.

Old School 44
01-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Just ask LeBron who should be DPOY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVTU-Gd3T10

DAF86
01-12-2017, 12:26 PM

I'm sick and tired of the Antetokounmpo hype train, his team is fucking mediocre in the fucking east and they just beat the Spurs without him. He shouldn't even be on the MVP discussion. Same shit as Butler. Westbrook won't win it as the 7th seed and shooting 40% and Lebron's nbumbers aren't as beastly as they normally are and the Cavs are kind of underperforming this season.

Kawhi is right up there in the MVP race, tbh.

Fireball
01-12-2017, 12:31 PM
if Houston is overtaking the Spurs in the standings or even if they stay 2-4 wins behind them, Harden will get much more votes than Kawhi

TheDoctor
01-12-2017, 12:38 PM
I'm sick and tired of the Antetokounmpo hype train, his team is fucking mediocre in the fucking east and they just beat the Spurs without him. He shouldn't even be on the MVP discussion. Same shit as Butler. Westbrook won't win it as the 7th seed and shooting 40% and Lebron's nbumbers aren't as beastly as they normally are and the Cavs are kind of underperforming this season.

Kawhi is right up there in the MVP race, tbh.

Only chance for Kawhi at winning the MVP is if the Spurs end up w/ the best record overall.

r0drig0lac
01-12-2017, 12:40 PM

this season? Gobert or Dray

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 12:43 PM
if Houston is overtaking the Spurs in the standings or even if they stay 2-4 wins behind them, Harden will get much more votes than Kawhi

I don't like Harden's game and I used to hate him, but he has definitely improved in every way as a player -- more than I ever thought he would. At this point, he's more effective than Westbrook on a titanically lower usage rate (34% vs 42% :wow). He has a tendency to overdribble but doesn't take the braindead shots that Westbrook does, so IMO he's having a much better season.

I'd even probably give him the nod at this point over Kawhi. Houston has improved so much with JH at the point. Doubtful they'll go past the WCSF but that's still a huge difference from last season.

That said, I think Kawhi is going to have a monster post-season and put any doubters to shame. He may not win MVP, but I think he's a really good bet for FMVP.

itzsoweezee
01-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Houston had a tough back-to-back. Had to travel from Houston last night to polar weather Minnesota today. Losing on the road to Minnesota on the back end of a back-to-back does not equal losing to the Bucks at home, while having a double digit lead, without Giannis.

Even with the loss, Houston only half a game back of the Spurs. Spurs are now 2.5 back on the Warriors. No chance the Spurs get #1.... Gonna be a real dog fight to get #2.

Houston is 2 games back in the loss column and SA has the tie breaker. Calm down chicken little.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 12:46 PM
Houston is 2 games back in the loss column and SA has the tie breaker. Calm down chicken little.

He's the guy who thinks we're going to lose a game when our lead drops from 26 to 18. :lol

DAF86
01-12-2017, 12:49 PM
Only chance for Kawhi at winning the MVP is if the Spurs ends w/ the best record overall.

Spurs don't need to finish 1st for Kawhi to have a chance. If they finish 2nd with 60 something wins, he has a very solid chance. Westbrook won't even get to 50, to me he is out of the picture. The only real threat is Harden, if the Rockets finish top 3 in the West, there's no chance he doesn't get it. If they, however, finish 4th or 5th with just around 50 wins, then Kawhi's chances increase dramatically.

TimDunkem
01-12-2017, 01:32 PM
He's the guy who thinks we're going to lose a game when our lead drops from 26 to 18. :lol
You can say that about half of the people who post here, tbh. Including OP. :lol

TheGreatYacht
01-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Only think Kawhi will get this year will be All NBA Third team, if he's lucky.

Lebron, Durant, Antetokounmpo, Davis, and Butler are all ahead of him

Amuseddaysleeper
01-12-2017, 03:13 PM
You can say that about half of the people who post here, tbh. Including OP. :lol

I'd be okay if the lead went from 26 to 18...but once it hits 17 or less I'm starting the offseason thread, tbh. :toast

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 03:28 PM

Yes, at times. But I'm willing to bet that 98% of game threads contain at least one Bieber meltdown. He has 0 faith in this team, even in 14 when we won it all.

100%duncan
01-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Lol no greek and butler are not over him by having shit records in the east and worse/same numbers advanced or raw with kawhi

Robz4000
01-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Lol no greek and butler are not over him by having shit records in the east and worse/same numbers advanced or raw with kawhi

Remember, it's a media award; PPG and other box score stats mean more to them than anything.

100%duncan
01-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Remember, it's a media award; PPG and other box score stats mean more to them than anything.

Bruh stop fooling yourself, it has never been awarded to lower than 3rd seed teams iirc and in the shitty east :lol I dont have every number right now but I bet Kawhi is better or on par with them on anything.

TheGreatYacht willing to bet a hundred bucks Kawhi gets 2nd team all nba?

TheGreatYacht
01-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Bruh stop fooling yourself, it has never been awarded to lower than 3rd seed teams iirc and in the shitty east :lol I dont have every number right now but I bet Kawhi is better or on par with them on anything.

TheGreatYacht (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719) willing to bet a hundred bucks Kawhi gets 2nd team all nba?
I'll think about it.

mainstream media is always a year or two late. They will recognize the Greek Freak soon enough

100%duncan
01-13-2017, 09:20 AM
I'll think about it.

mainstream media is always a year or two late. They will recognize the Greek Freak soon enough

Kawhi was first team last year over Durant, 73 win Gaymond. Im pretty sure he's not gonna get snubbed for unproven stars with mediocre records in the east. :lol

Ice009
01-13-2017, 09:29 AM

Butler? Aren't the Bulls struggling to stay at .500? How in the heck can he be ahead of Kawhi?

timtonymanu
01-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Dem Grizz.

Need the Clippers to lose more games soon cause they aren't far from overtaking Houston in the standings.

r0drig0lac
01-13-2017, 10:37 PM
Grizz are fun, it's nice to see a team playing physical defense every game

Kawhitstorm
01-13-2017, 11:04 PM
Only think Kawhi will get this year will be All NBA Third team, if he's lucky.

Lebron, Durant, Antetokounmpo, Davis, and Butler are all ahead of him

Butler falls flat on his face after the ASG throughout his career like Manure.:lol

Davis is now playing center so he's out of the equation & otherwise he has to make the playoff to sniff 1st or 2nd team as a forward.

LeBron is going to be 1st team even if he shoots 40% so it's b/w Kawhi/Dominos for the other spot; I can't see Giannis making 1st team over Kawhi/Dominos when the Bucks are basically a .500 team.:lol

BatManu20
01-14-2017, 01:05 AM
That Grit 'N Grind is real. They're a fun team to watch and still play that great D. As timtonymanu (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13654) stated, need the Clips to start dropping some. Unfortunately, they have a pretty favorable schedule coming up, with only 5 of their next 12 opponents having a winning record.