PDA

View Full Version : Horizon Zero Dawn....

Pages : [1] 2

apalisoc_9
01-12-2017, 03:21 AM
I am so hyped. I have never bought a game at release since uncahrted 2 for the Ps3..I just pre-ordered this game

From all the trailers, this shit has the potential to overthrow the Last of Us as the best game of 2010..

- i see elements from uncharted, elements from the witcher etc...its lime witcher 3, uncharted, dragon age, last of us combined...

It looks so fucking unique.

Lol shitbox...:lmao

baseline bum
01-12-2017, 08:04 AM
Lol shitbox...:lmao

LOL Scalebound

Reck
01-12-2017, 10:49 PM
I have a feeling you guys will be dissapointed when this comes out. :lol

This has the same type of hype No Man's Sky had.

baseline bum
01-12-2017, 10:54 PM

Nah man, The Last of Us Part II is the game with ridiculous hype. I don't know how it could ever live up to the first.

ElNono
01-13-2017, 02:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRQDqurZJNk

apalisoc_9
01-13-2017, 02:49 AM

No man sky was basically developed by an indie team :lol

GG is a much better and much bigger studio..

apalisoc_9
01-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Everyone who has had the opportunity to olay the game said this game is fantastic!

It's probably not going to be a 400 hours kinda game though...Probably closer to 100..

baseline bum
01-30-2017, 09:08 PM
Everyone who has had the opportunity to olay the game said this game is fantastic!

It's probably not going to be a 400 hours kinda game though...Probably closer to 100..

If that's a 100 hour game I'm buying it as soon as I'm done with Bloodborne. But I'm expecting about a 15 hour game. Where are you hearing it's supposed to be a huge open world with 100 hours of content?

baseline bum
01-30-2017, 09:25 PM
Oh shit, arstechica is confirming a large open world game. Now I'm really excited for this, I was expecting an Uncharted or God of War length game with linear progression.

apalisoc_9
01-30-2017, 10:27 PM
Oh shit, arstechica is confirming a large open world game. Now I'm really excited for this, I was expecting an Uncharted or God of War length game with linear progression.

Dude its open world action adventure..no way its 15 :lol

What I did get from some of the guys that have played though is that it's probably not as big as the witcher....which is fine really..not every game should be that big..but that's just a guess from them so who knows.

Everyone keeps saying how beautiful it is even on the regular ps4
Lots of good compliments about the gameplay and RPG elements.

Only minor nitpick ive heard so far is how it might be a predictable game as far as story goes..but the last of us was predictable too so it doesnt mean the story is awful.

baseline bum
01-30-2017, 10:56 PM
Dude its open world action adventure..no way its 15 :lol

What I did get from some of the guys that have played though is that it's probably not as big as the witcher....which is fine really..not every game should be that big..but that's just a guess from them so who knows.

Everyone keeps saying how beautiful it is even on the regular ps4
Lots of good compliments about the gameplay and RPG elements.

Only minor nitpick ive heard so far is how it might be a predictable game as far as story goes..but the last of us was predictable too so it doesnt mean the story is awful.

Nothing is as big as Witcher 3 man. :lol

I don't even think Skyrim had as much content.

baseline bum
01-30-2017, 11:06 PM
I hope it's 60-70 hours or more. That seems to be the sweetspot where I feel a $60 price tag is worth it.

apalisoc_9
01-31-2017, 12:38 AM
I hope it's 60-70 hours or more. That seems to be the sweetspot where I feel a $60 price tag is worth it.

Didnt you play the last of us? That game was barely over 15 and its argubly the best in the last 5 years or so

baseline bum
01-31-2017, 01:41 AM
Didnt you play the last of us? That game was barely over 15 and its argubly the best in the last 5 years or so

The Last of Us is one of the few 15 hour games I would have paid $60 for (though I paid $10, thank you Gamestop Black Friday sale).

Reck
01-31-2017, 06:13 AM
I would be shocked if this game goes beyond 30 hours.

Reck
02-01-2017, 08:20 AM
baseline bum apalisoc_9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V07RU1SwZyo

This game looks pretty damn good. So smooth, even with Youtube shitty video convertions. I'll still let you guys be the guinea pigs for how good this game turns out to be though.

baseline bum
02-01-2017, 12:50 PM
baseline bum apalisoc_9

This game looks pretty damn good. So smooth, even with Youtube shitty video convertions. I'll still let you guys be the guinea pigs for how good this game turns out to be though.

Man I have been ducking all those long gameplay videos and only watching short 2-3 minute highlight videos with this game nearing.

apalisoc_9
02-01-2017, 01:19 PM
baseline bum apalisoc_9

Baseline bum would be the guinea pig since I would be preparing for finals as early as first week of march. :lol

But I'll play it soon as the semester ends

Reck
02-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Man I have been ducking all those long gameplay videos and only watching short 2-3 minute highlight videos with this game nearing.

This is pretty safe to watch if you're worry about spoilers. This only covers a single "quest" which I'm guessing is a side mission.

baseline bum
02-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Baseline bum would be the guinea pig since I would be preparing for finals as early as first week of march. :lol

But I'll play it soon as the semester ends

I might still wait a few weeks for someone to sell it at $40-$45. It seems to always happen. I remember seeing Final Fantasy XV for $40 like a week after release last year.

apalisoc_9
02-15-2017, 08:12 PM
embargo lifted feb 20th

Cant believe this game is giving players 8 days to decide...

Wow..

They must be fucking confident with their game.

baseline bum
02-15-2017, 08:57 PM
embargo lifted feb 20th

Cant believe this game is giving players 8 days to decide...

Wow..

They must be fucking confident with their game.

I'm expecting it to be great. It certainly wowed everyone when they showed all the gameplay at E3 instead of the usual bunch of crap cutscenes.

Reck
02-16-2017, 07:43 AM
Looks repetitive to me.

All you seen to do is get from point A to point B while having to deal and disable the creatures over and over.

apalisoc_9
02-19-2017, 11:27 PM
3 more hours before the embargo is lifted.

Can't wait! First thing I do tomorrow morning is read the reviewes..

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 01:12 AM
1 hour and 30 before embargo is lifted..

Fuck yeah!!!!!

baseline bum
02-20-2017, 02:00 AM
1 hour and 30 before embargo is lifted..

Fuck yeah!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/g42CCZk.jpg

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 02:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/g42CCZk.jpg

:wow

Sounds like a 10..

9/10 if the reviewer is a retard.

Reck
02-20-2017, 02:04 AM
Fuck reading, son.

Show me a vid.

Reck
02-20-2017, 02:05 AM

Sounds like a 10..

9/10 if the reviewer is a retard.

It's a chick.

Girls have shitty taste in video games.

DJR210
02-20-2017, 02:11 AM
Fuck reading, son.

Show me a vid.

Bend over, I'll show you a vid

baseline bum
02-20-2017, 02:21 AM
Fuck reading, son.

Show me a vid.

Horizon Zero Dawn Review -- Endgadget (http://www.thasnasty.com/forum/videos/monica-matos.html)

Reck
02-20-2017, 02:28 AM
Horizon Zero Dawn Review -- Endgadget (http://www.thasnasty.com/forum/videos/monica-matos.html)

Hah, jokes on you. I hovered the mouse over the link and the real link shows up.

baseline bum
02-20-2017, 03:05 AM
Gamespot gave it a 9/10, IGN gave it a 9.3/10

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 10:40 AM
9 and 10s for a first game :wow

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 10:43 AM
GOTY candidate

Xevious
02-20-2017, 11:06 AM
GOTY candidate

Cu1JMbSLPvc

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 11:10 AM
A good number of reveiwers think its a perfect game and the best PS4 exclusives...better than bloodborne and Uncharted 4.

Reck is gonna hate this cause he's an uncharted fangirl. :lol

Alloy apperently is one of the strongest protganist you will ever meet.

baseline bum
02-20-2017, 12:39 PM
A good number of reveiwers think its a perfect game and the best PS4 exclusives...better than bloodborne and Uncharted 4.

The performance looks rock solid too, even on base PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTH8OnQKWeY

baseline bum
02-20-2017, 01:07 PM
This game looks great, but man I can't decide whether I want this or Nioh first. I'll probably still wait because I'm playing Okami on my PS3 right now and I want to play Demon's Souls next. So maybe a month or so before I'll be wanting to play my PS4 again.

Reck
02-20-2017, 01:41 PM

The performance looks rock solid too, even on base PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTH8OnQKWeY

You two fags fawning over this shit. :lol

Prepare to get your assholes checked niggas. :lol

baseline bum
02-20-2017, 01:50 PM
You two fags fawning over this shit. :lol

Prepare to get your assholes checked niggas. :lol

Why? I'm not going to buy it for $60. I'm pretty sure I'll find it for $45 or less before I finish the couple of games I have in my queue ahead of anything new on PS4.

Reck
02-20-2017, 01:51 PM
Why? I'm not going to buy it for $60. I'm pretty sure I'll find it for $45 or less before I finish the couple of games I have in my queue ahead of anything new on PS4.

I'm fairly good at getting a good sense on video games. This one stinks of boredom.

baseline bum
02-20-2017, 01:55 PM
I'm fairly good at getting a good sense on video games. This one stinks of boredom.

You think Bloodborne sucks and were hyped for Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Nier Automata man, I don't trust your sense on games bro.

Reck
02-20-2017, 02:02 PM
You think Bloodborne sucks and were hyped for Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Nier Automata man, I don't trust your sense on games bro.

LOL bullshit.

I said I would get Kingdom hearts no matter. I like those silly games. I have bought each one that's come out and have never even touched them.

http://i66.tinypic.com/33n7qex.jpg

Apologize my nigga. :lol

baseline bum
02-20-2017, 02:23 PM
LOL bullshit.

I said I would get Kingdom hearts no matter. I like those silly games. I have bought each one that's come out and have never even touched them.

http://i66.tinypic.com/33n7qex.jpg

Apologize my nigga. :lol

What am I apologizing for? You really think Nier Automata is going to be better than Horizon Zero Dawn? apa calling it game of the year already is crazy when Red Dead Redemption 2 is still slated for a 2017 release, when Nioh looks as good as it has, and when Mass Effect Andromeda is launching, but everything about Horizon looks really strong. The graphics are top notch, the characters and concept are interesting, the performance is really solid, and all the gameplay we have seen from E3, Playstation Experience, and now the reviews looks outstanding. Plus it's a 50 hour game.

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 03:22 PM
What am I apologizing for? You really think Nier Automata is going to be better than Horizon Zero Dawn? apa calling it game of the year already is crazy when Red Dead Redemption 2 is still slated for a 2017 release, when Nioh looks as good as it has, and when Mass Effect Andromeda is launching, but everything about Horizon looks really strong. The graphics are top notch, the characters and concept are interesting, the performance is really solid, and all the gameplay we have seen from E3, Playstation Experience, and now the reviews looks outstanding. Plus it's a 50 hour game.

40 for main storyline 60-70 completionist ....

I mean it's the perfect middleground for players who have no time putting in crazy amount of hours but would like more content.

It feels like a new genre really..Its an action adventure combat system but an rpg envrionment.

I cant think of a game that has managed to create a quality game with that setting.

ElNono
02-20-2017, 04:00 PM
gunna have to ask for a code for this, tbh...

apalisoc_9
02-20-2017, 04:14 PM
gunna have to ask for a code for this, tbh...

Lucky son of a b

baseline bum
02-20-2017, 10:28 PM
40 for main storyline 60-70 completionist ....

I mean it's the perfect middleground for players who have no time putting in crazy amount of hours but would like more content.

It feels like a new genre really..Its an action adventure combat system but an rpg envrionment.

I cant think of a game that has managed to create a quality game with that setting.

I have read more like 30 for the main story and 50 for if you're a completionist. So a little short for an RPG, but after seeing a few reviews I think I'm sold on this game. I'm definitely going to put this second in my queue right after Demon's Souls and ahead of Nioh. It looks like exactly the type of games that are my favorites: e.g., 3rd person action RPGs. I'm really impressed with what Guerilla seems to have put out here, it looks so much better than their Killzone games.

apalisoc_9
02-21-2017, 12:48 AM
I have read more like 30 for the main story and 50 for if you're a completionist. So a little short for an RPG, but after seeing a few reviews I think I'm sold on this game. I'm definitely going to put this second in my queue right after Demon's Souls and ahead of Nioh. It looks like exactly the type of games that are my favorites: e.g., 3rd person action RPGs. I'm really impressed with what Guerilla seems to have put out here, it looks so much better than their Killzone games.

Don't play FPS so I can't comment on the killzone comparison.

Imo, a good comparison is the shadow of mordor game...Battle felt asventure like in that game and stealth was key. Loved that game. 8.5 and above.

I'm surpised too see a couple of reviwers show disdain and dislike when few find it a perfect game and most people have it between 9 and 9.5...I can't imagine this game not being fun and immersive with those across the board positive reviews...

Video game jounrnalism can be really weird. I suppose its like the NBA when voting for insividual awards. :lol

baseline bum
02-21-2017, 12:53 AM
Don't play FPS so I can't comment on the killzone comparison.

Imo, a good comparison is the shadow of mordor game...Battle felt asventure like in that game and stealth was key. Loved that game. 8.5 and above.

I'm surpised too see a couple of reviwers show disdain and dislike when few find it a perfect game and most people have it between 9 and 9.5...I can't imagine this game not being fun and immersive with those across the board positive reviews...

Video game jounrnalism can be really weird. I suppose its like the NBA when voting for insividual awards. :lol

This game looks nothing like Shadow of Mordor to me. Shadow of Mordor was a button masher with crappy graphics and no storyline hardly.

apalisoc_9
02-21-2017, 01:01 AM
This game looks nothing like Shadow of Mordor to me. Shadow of Mordor was a button masher with crappy graphics and no storyline hardly.

I was speaking in terms of genre..

Remeber that game was a 9 across the board too...

I think video gaming journalism has been so cirtical to a fault nowadys. Like I can't for the life me figure out how Bloodborne or Rise of the tomb raider arent at least a 9.5 axross the board considering the games the evolved from were all around the same grades and were inferior in quality in terms of graphics, story etc.

I'm just saying Mordor was a very fun game for me but it doesnt look like it would even touch the level of depthness and Innovation of Aloy's game yet is rated the same way and better by hipster geeks.

Reck
02-21-2017, 04:24 AM

Nah, I think Nier Automata is going to be like Metal Gear Rising. A hack and slash game.

I'm not expecting mind blowing shit from it. Those games could be fun for the first time playing.

baseline bum
02-21-2017, 07:47 AM
I was speaking in terms of genre..

Remeber that game was a 9 across the board too...

I think video gaming journalism has been so cirtical to a fault nowadys. Like I can't for the life me figure out how Bloodborne or Rise of the tomb raider arent at least a 9.5 axross the board considering the games the evolved from were all around the same grades and were inferior in quality in terms of graphics, story etc.

I'm just saying Mordor was a very fun game for me but it doesnt look like it would even touch the level of depthness and Innovation of Aloy's game yet is rated the same way and better by hipster geeks.

Bloodborne had horrible load times at launch, which is the main thing that hurt its review scores.

Reck
02-21-2017, 08:03 AM
By the way, didn't you two said this would be a 100+ hour game?

It has a 40 hour main campaign, tack 10 more for side missions and you're barely at 50.

For an open world game this is laughable you gotta say.

Game seems solid though 9s and 10s. Still won't get.

baseline bum
02-21-2017, 02:47 PM
By the way, didn't you two said this would be a 100+ hour game?

It has a 40 hour main campaign, tack 10 more for side missions and you're barely at 50.

For an open world game this is laughable you gotta say.

Fifty hours is alright for an open world game. I was hoping for 80-100, but think of Far Cry 3 & 4: those were awesome open world games with about 30-40 hours of content. Speaking of that, this game looks a lot like a 3rd person Far Cry, and I love the Far Cry series.

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 03:33 PM
I just picked this up from newegg for $50. Not too bad a deal.

Reck
02-22-2017, 04:38 PM
Yeah they moved the date from March to the end of this month. My place has it. I went by today to see what's new and it was there.

apalisoc_9
02-22-2017, 04:45 PM
I just picked this up from newegg for $50. Not too bad a deal.

50?

Nice price. I might end up buying this late march. Just got hit with a speeding ticket of 500$ :lol otherwise, wouls have picked this up early march.

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 04:47 PM

What games are you into to not be interested by this game? Everything I'm seeing about this game looks great. The graphics, story, characters, performance, and amount of content all looks really strong, and it's a new franchise so you don't have to worry about sequel fatigue. You're telling me you're not even going to look at this game in 3-4 months when you can find it for $30? Or by Thanksgiving when someone will probably be selling it for $20?

Reck
02-22-2017, 04:56 PM
What games are you into to not be interested by this game? Everything I'm seeing about this game looks great. The graphics, story, characters, performance, and amount of content all looks really strong, and it's a new franchise so you don't have to worry about sequel fatigue. You're telling me you're not even going to look at this game in 3-4 months when you can find it for $30? Or by Thanksgiving when someone will probably be selling it for $20?

I've passed on better games than this so I dont think much about it.

I boycotted MGS5 and I really wanted it. I'll probably ask a friend of mine to lend it to me when he's done with it.

I also dont trust myself with big games anymore. Anything past 10 hours I have to think about. I make few exceptions though like with The Witcher 3.

I'll definitely be getting Mass Effect Andromeda next month if it doesn't get delayed.

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 05:51 PM
I've passed on better games than this so I dont think much about it.

I boycotted MGS5 and I really wanted it. I'll probably ask a friend of mine to lend it to me when he's done with it.

I also dont trust myself with big games anymore. Anything past 10 hours I have to think about. I make few exceptions though like with The Witcher 3.

I'll definitely be getting Mass Effect Andromeda next month if it doesn't get delayed.

Why would you boycott a game you wanted? Sucks what happened to Kojima but most publishers in the industry can be pretty shady. Might as well boycott gaming.

Reck
02-22-2017, 05:54 PM
Why would you boycott a game you wanted? Sucks what happened to Kojima but most publishers in the industry can be pretty shady. Might as well boycott gaming.

Just because I have all Metal Gear Solid games going back to the PS1.

I didn't feel comfortable buying MGS5 knowing where that money would end up.

And I meant Horizon Zero Dawn that I would ask a friend to lend it to me, not Metal Gear. I already saw a walkthrough of it on yt. :lol

DJR210
02-22-2017, 06:50 PM
You think Bloodborne sucks and were hyped for Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Nier Automata man, I don't trust your sense on games bro. :lmao

Reck
02-22-2017, 06:54 PM
:lmao

Lonely master race warrior. :lol

Reck
02-22-2017, 06:56 PM
baseline bum (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=131) This is why you need to apologize. You're making me look bad.

I never said I was hype for Kingdom Hearts, asshole. :cry

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 07:00 PM
baseline bum (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=131) This is why you need to apologize. You're making me look bad.

I never said I was hype for Kingdom Hearts, asshole. :cry

Weren't you talking about buying that and Resident Evil 7 at launch?

02-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Lonely master race warrior. :lol
I'm right here, shoulder to shoulder with DJR

:lol console peasants

Reck
02-22-2017, 07:08 PM
Weren't you talking about buying that and Resident Evil 7 at launch?

Yeah, but not hype for it. It's for my collection.

It's cool having every single game of a franchise. That's how I got started collecting.

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 07:29 PM
Yeah, but not hype for it. It's for my collection.

It's cool having every single game of a franchise. That's how I got started collecting.

Collecting is lame. Don't tell me you buy those $100 special editions with Happy Meal toy level figurines too.

Reck
02-22-2017, 07:33 PM
Collecting is lame. Don't tell me you buy those $100 special editions with Happy Meal toy level figurines too.

LOL fuck no. I mean just the normal game.

And not all games either. Just the franshise that you like.

DJR210
02-22-2017, 07:54 PM
I'm right here, shoulder to shoulder with DJR

:lol console peasants

Fuck these console spyro and kingdom hearts low lifes

DJR210
02-22-2017, 07:55 PM
baseline bum is still Master Race, he just needs an exorcism and a good ass beating

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 08:05 PM
baseline bum is still Master Race, he just needs an exorcism and a good ass beating

I had to get a PoorStation for the exclusives. Anything else I'd rather get on steam or even better nosteam. Speaking of PC, Nvidia is teasing the release of the 1080 Ti today on their twitter:

If you slow down the video at the end it finishes with the letters TI

http://i.imgur.com/Wd8Uqoa.png

It should be a GP102 card (what they used in Titan X Pascal) since the GTX 1080 already uses the full unlocked GP104 chip. And it looks like it'll get at least a paper launch next week at GDC.

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 08:11 PM
What I'm really hoping for though is a GTX 1070 rebrand with GDDR5X. That might convince me to retire the 970 and upgrade.

Leetonidas
02-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Not as horny for horizon as our Asian friend but I decided to pre-order it since everything is cheaper on prime. It looks pretty good, hoping I get at least 30 hours of it the main quest

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 08:28 PM
Not as horny for horizon as our Asian friend but I decided to pre-order it since everything is cheaper on prime. It looks pretty good, hoping I get at least 30 hours of it the main quest

Damn I thought you were on XBone. This is literally the only game I have ever pre-ordered. :lol

But they got the reviews out early and it looks outstanding. Plus Digital Foundry did a performance analysis and it keeps a steady framerate on the base PS4, not just the Pro. Still, would be nice to get the code for free like that wetback ElNono.

Reck
02-22-2017, 08:46 PM
Damn I thought you were on XBone. This is literally the only game I have ever pre-ordered. :lol

But they got the reviews out early and it looks outstanding. Plus Digital Foundry did a performance analysis and it keeps a steady framerate on the base PS4, not just the Pro. Still, would be nice to get the code for free like that wetback ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054).

Nono often ignores my plights for free codes. The bastard is so greedy.

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 08:51 PM

Really? I got a code for Nioh from him.

ElNono
02-22-2017, 08:55 PM

But they got the reviews out early and it looks outstanding. Plus Digital Foundry did a performance analysis and it keeps a steady framerate on the base PS4, not just the Pro. Still, would be nice to get the code for free like that wetback ElNono.

I don't even get to play the games lately, tbh, my nephew ends up being the guy with the free shit. I'm getting paid stupid money too, tbh, feels kinda embarrassing to even ask for codes. :lol

I'll probably get some vouchers for some of the games I've been working on, I'll see if I can hook some of you up...

ElNono
02-22-2017, 08:56 PM
Really? I got a code for Nioh from him.

:lol

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 09:02 PM
I don't even get to play the games lately, tbh, my nephew ends up being the guy with the free shit.

You're like Mexican Bernie for him.

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 09:03 PM
I don't even get to play the games lately, tbh, my nephew ends up being the guy with the free shit. I'm getting paid stupid money too, tbh, feels kinda embarrassing to even ask for codes. :lol

Didn't you say this game looked pretty badass at Playstation Experience? Did you see much of it besides the publicly released trailers?

Reck
02-22-2017, 09:04 PM
I'll probably get some vouchers for some of the games I've been working on, I'll see if I can hook some of you up...

My nigga. :toast

Leetonidas
02-22-2017, 09:14 PM

Yeah I've had both since they came out. The one is mainly for halo, despite what anyone else thinks it's still the best multiplayer shooter to me. Sony has also been my go to console, especially as a kid playing final fantasy, dmc, god of war, etc....Sony has always had the goods tbh

apalisoc_9
02-22-2017, 10:00 PM

Manu Ginobili is the greatest Spurs Guard of all time and Messi is the greatest Barcelona player of all time...

ElNono
02-22-2017, 10:14 PM
Didn't you say this game looked pretty badass at Playstation Experience? Did you see much of it besides the publicly released trailers?

I did see some of it, and even had a chance to play it and passed the opportunity, mostly because I was busy with something else.

What I was telling you, that I found out there, is that one of the designers (John Gonzalez) also designed Fallout New Vegas, which I knew you loved. John actually had an autograph session at PSX.

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 10:17 PM
I did see some of it, and even had a chance to play it and passed the opportunity, mostly because I was busy with something else.

What I was telling you, that I found out there, is that one of the designers (John Gonzalez) also designed Fallout New Vegas, which I knew you loved. John actually had an autograph session at PSX.

FONV was the shit, second best game in the series behind FO2.

apalisoc_9
02-22-2017, 10:48 PM
I wonder how long it would take before the price dops down to 30$....

baseline bum
02-23-2017, 12:52 AM
I wonder how long it would take before the price dops down to 30$....

Aren't you in Canada? If you're talking $30CAD, maybe in five years at Gamestop if you buy used tbh.

apalisoc_9
02-23-2017, 12:59 AM
Aren't you in Canada? If you're talking $30CAD, maybe in five years at Gamestop if you buy used tbh.

I'm probably just going to buy it off kijiji for 50$ a month from now.

I basically rent games nowdays. :lol

I buy a game say bloodborne from a consumer at 30$, play it for a month..then sell the game again at the same price. :lol..

It always works.

DJR210
02-23-2017, 02:06 PM

ARPG's are not a new genre you schmuck :lol

Joseph Kony
02-23-2017, 02:20 PM
to be fair this guy was playing ratchet and clank and pokemon go up until a year ago, every new game is something hes never seen before :lol

DJR210
02-23-2017, 04:29 PM
to be fair this guy was playing ratchet and clank and pokemon go up until a year ago, every new game is something hes never seen before :lol

Don't forget Spyro

Reck
02-23-2017, 05:28 PM
Apalisoc spent a year hyping this game but won't help out the developers by buying the game at full price. :lol

02-23-2017, 06:10 PM

baseline bum
02-23-2017, 06:12 PM
Apalisoc spent a year hyping this game but won't help out the developers by buying the game at full price. :lol

Full price is probably pretty high in Canadian rupees though tbh

baseline bum
02-24-2017, 12:45 AM
LOL Nier Automata gives you an achievement for looking up her skirt.

Get in here Reck

Reck
02-24-2017, 12:53 AM
LOL Nier Automata gives you an achievement for looking up her skirt.

Get in here Reck (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14412)

What can I say? Chinks are depraved fucks.

Saw this video a while ago. This game looks over sexualized as fuck. I wonder if I should skip it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiA3h7B9M98

BTW if you have a youtube account, subscribe to them. They're solid for gaming news and stuff. But they only stick to consoles though.

baseline bum
02-24-2017, 07:30 AM
What can I say? Chinks are depraved fucks.

Saw this video a while ago. This game looks over sexualized as fuck. I wonder if I should skip it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiA3h7B9M98

BTW if you have a youtube account, subscribe to them. They're solid for gaming news and stuff. But they only stick to consoles though.

You can't tell the difference between Japs and Chinks? :lol

Reck
02-24-2017, 08:34 AM
You can't tell the difference between Japs and Chinks? :lol

It's like mexicans, puerto ricans and argies to me. :lol

Just kidding...

apalisoc_9
02-24-2017, 09:13 PM
Just pre-ordered the game from best buy. I caved in :lol

Why can't wednsday come soon enough! I havent touched my ps4 for ages!

Leetonidas
02-24-2017, 11:21 PM
I thought it came out on Tuesday?

Reck
02-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Why can't wednsday come soon enough! I havent touched my ps4 for ages!

Is this nigga the biggest pretender in here or what? baseline bum didn't he said he has been playing Bloodborne along with you?

I swear I saw posts of him bragging how amazing this game was.

apalisoc_9
02-25-2017, 01:52 PM
Is this nigga the biggest pretender in here or what? baseline bum didn't he said he has been playing Bloodborne along with you?

I swear I saw posts of him bragging how amazing this game was.

I didnt even finish bloodborne. You can check my post history. I played it and stoped somewhere. Its been months since I played it.

Still an awesome game objectively speaking.

apalisoc_9
02-27-2017, 06:33 PM
Watched the first 17 minutes of the game

Man, the narrative to start is deep. While, it's admittedly nothing new or Last of us level, it gives you a strong overall purpose.

Kid Alloy is this average looking kid and shes so adorable.

Xbox and nintendo fanboys already making up shitty comments like how ugly she is as expected...SMDH..making fun of a kids look.

The depth these famboys will go to. I'm glad I own both console ( will never buy nintendo) but the saltiness is real.

Leetonidas
02-28-2017, 12:23 PM
Gettin ready to fire it up. Hopefully it's as good as advertised

Reck
02-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Umm I think I may get this after all.

The graphics are second to none. Best I've seen so far.

baseline bum
02-28-2017, 01:06 PM
Ugh DHL isn't bringing my copy until Saturday

baseline bum
02-28-2017, 01:08 PM
Umm I think I may get this after all.

The graphics are second to none. Best I've seen so far.

It's one of the first games that has real PS4 Pro support too. Eg not just resolution, but you get better anisotropic filtering on the Pro as well as higher resolution textures.

Reck
02-28-2017, 01:35 PM
It's one of the first games that has real PS4 Pro support too. Eg not just resolution, but you get better anisotropic filtering on the Pro as well as higher resolution textures.

It will be a while before I upgrade to the poorstation Pro. I'm good with the original for now.

apalisoc_9
02-28-2017, 01:40 PM
Ugh DHL isn't bringing my copy until Saturday

Played a fewbhours so far.

One of great things about this game is that it differentiate an errand from a sidequest. The errands do feel like errands..it's good for collecting stuff but I can choose not to do any of those if i get bored.

Kid Aloy is one of the strongest characters I've seen in quite a while.

It does feel like the game is going to be heavily foused on Aloy though..I like his adopted father, but its Aloy that you really care about.

The last of us had me carring about Joel, Ellie....

Not a complaint, still one of the strongest character driven game. Feels more like a last of us, uncharted game the way it focuses on narrative tbh.

apalisoc_9
02-28-2017, 01:45 PM
Not ready to say that GG is at the level of Naughty Dog yet in terms of narration, but the main quest so far have been super strong nareative and dialouge wise. Better than any uncharted game I have played.

I met with an errand NPCs with a really corny dialouge though. I suspect the elite writing and narration is almost exclusive to the main quest.

The sidequest doalouge feels more like a really good RPG dialogue but not even close to that uncharted realistic feel.

I suppose that is to be expected from an RPG.

Leetonidas
02-28-2017, 06:49 PM
A few hours in, enjoying it tbh. Wasnt expecting what happened to happen. So far so good:tu

I'm playing on hard though I've already died a few times...

Reck
02-28-2017, 07:12 PM
Looks like an easy game to platinum. Might go for it. It's been a long time since I played a game to 100% completion.

apalisoc_9
03-01-2017, 05:15 AM
Played till 4am. I have never felt the desire to play a game this much for so long. I'm glad the combat is fun!

Leetonidas
03-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Yeah this game is legit. I just hope I can squeeze 50-70 hours out of it

03-01-2017, 03:52 PM
Yeah this game is legit. I just hope I can squeeze 50-70 hours out of it
Bend over, I'll show you a legit squeeze

apalisoc_9
03-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Regret starting Hard mode. Wish I started with very hard.

Once you have a certain tool in the game, certain dino becomes super easy to beat but the bigger ones are still a pain in the ass...

Reck
03-01-2017, 05:27 PM
Regret starting Hard mode. Wish I started with very hard.

Once you have a certain tool in the game, certain dino becomes super easy to beat but the bigger ones are still a pain in the ass...

Is very hard the hardest mode in this game?

apalisoc_9
03-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Is very hard the hardest mode in this game?

Yeah. No aim assist in very hard.

The game is difficult even in normal mode according to most players and I can totally see tha specially against bigger robots.

Stealth is key here. If you hone your stealth skills the game is much easier but face to face battles is brutal.

At hard mode the smallest robot can kill you in tow hits.u

apalisoc_9
03-02-2017, 03:27 AM
Just finished my first cauldron. Amazing world tbh...going from trees and greens to something completely metal world with no signs of nature..

Died a few tes before I realized i just needed to use a certain weapon to win.

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 10:24 AM
:lol Zelda: 98 on Metacritic, 97 on OpenCritic, reviewers universally calling it the greatest game ever made
:lol Horizon: 88 on Metacritic, 88 on OpenCritic
:lol Horizon getting BTFO even with Sony paying for reviews, per par

Sony fucked up, tbh. They should have given all that marketing push to Nioh or Nier Automata instead of this generic Ubishit-tier game.

apalisoc_9
03-02-2017, 01:17 PM
:lol Zelda: 98 on Metacritic, 97 on OpenCritic, reviewers universally calling it the greatest game ever made

Sony fucked up, tbh. They should have given all that marketing push to Nioh or Nier Automata instead of this generic Ubishit-tier game.

Zelda has always been good with gameplay, thats nothing new. But its story has always been childish and lame. Notice how no reviews ever talks about it. I've grown out of games with japanese narrative. Its pretty dull frankly.

Still, i dont see anyone buying the switch.

Would rather xbox gets its shit together and start releasing good games because nintendo will never be able to compete with sony and microsoft anymore as far as console goes

baseline bum
03-02-2017, 01:17 PM

Reviewers also called GTA IV the greatest game ever made, and that was dogshit from the driving to the graphics to the incredibly repetitive missions. I don't see what people were seeing in Zelda when Nintendo started showing it off. The cel shaded graphics look like shit to me, like a constraint imposed by how weak the Wii-U hardware was when this started being demoed. I used to love the Zelda games when Nintendo was on the cutting edge of console graphics back in the NES, SNES, and N64 days. I loved the series so much I bought a Wii specifically for Twilight Princess after all the reviews were gushing over it. Eight years later I'm still only about 3 hours into the game. It's so boring and so ugly it felt like a chore playing it even back in 09 when I bought it. I might get a Switch if Mario Odyssey turns out amazing but I'm sitting out Zelda. Cel shading is so ugly, I can't get into the Borderlands or Dead Walking games either because of it. The only cel shaded game I have ever liked was Okami, where the cel shading really made sense since the game was supposed to take place on a canvas painted with watercolors.

apalisoc_9
03-02-2017, 01:20 PM
Reviewers also called GTA IV the greatest game ever made, and that was dogshit from the driving to the graphics to the incredibly repetitive missions. I don't see what people were seeing in Zelda when Nintendo started showing it off. The cel shaded graphics look like shit to me, like a constraint imposed by how weak the Wii-U hardware was when this started being demoed. I used to love the Zelda games when Nintendo was on the cutting edge of console graphics back in the NES, SNES, and N64 days. I loved the series so much I bought a Wii specifically for Twilight Princess after all the reviews were gushing over it. Eight years later I'm still only about 3 hours into the game. It's so boring and so ugly it felt like a chore playing it even back in 09 when I bought it. I might get a Switch if Mario Odyssey turns out amazing but I'm sitting out Zelda. Cel shading is so ugly, I can't get into the Borderlands or Dead Walking games either because of it. The only cel shaded game I have ever liked was Okami, where the cel shading really made sense since the game was supposed to take place on a canvas painted with watercolors.

The reviwers are nintendo revierws. Microsoft and Sony tend to have "diverse" reviwers that play different consoles.

Every nintendo exclusive I know is highly regarded for that reason...

baseline bum
03-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Zelda has always been good with gameplay, thats nothing new. But its story has always been childish and lame. Notice how no reviews ever talks about it. I've grown out of games with japanese narrative. Its pretty dull frankly.

Still, i dont see anyone buying the switch.

Would rather xbox gets its shit together and start releasing good games because nintendo will never be able to compete with sony and microsoft anymore as far as console goes

Nintendo competed fine until Wii. Every console before that was pretty powerful for the generation. Ever since Wii they've just been pushing gimmicks on the home console market. I hope the Switch fails hard so they realize home and portable are two completely different markets. I would never want to play graphically intense games like Elder Scrolls or GTA on a small handheld where it's going to be tough to see what you're doing.

apalisoc_9
03-02-2017, 01:30 PM
I was thinking of buying an old wii u for 120 dollars on craiglist to play the u version, but i havent seen a review based on the u.

Man, cant pc bros break this one? Its graphically and power wise a ps3 game?

Witcher 3 developers giving HZD a high 5. tweete just saying they love playing the game. :lol

apalisoc_9
03-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Also got to remeber Zelda is like a 35 year old IP :lol

HZD is a new IP from a developer that developed FPS games :lol

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Zelda has always been good with gameplay, thats nothing new. But its story has always been childish and lame.
:lol Horizon's story is literally a Tumblr SJW fanfic.

Microsoft is too busy cancelling what little exclusives they have. Judging from the rumors, Microsoft's gaming division is run by delusional pricks who are obsessed with "killing" Sony and Nintendo's successful IPs instead of coming up with original ideas of their own. As long as the work environment at their studios remains toxic and Microsoft keeps trying to force the PC and Xbox audiences together, they will always be an also-ran. Even Nintendo is better off than they are.

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 02:00 PM
I was thinking of buying an old wii u for 120 dollars on craiglist to play the u version, but i havent seen a review based on the u.

The Wii U version leaked out days ago. I'm sure people will get it running on CEMU with better textures/FPS eventually.

apalisoc_9
03-02-2017, 02:02 PM
HZD setting and storyline is nothing short of magnificent, tbh.

One of the very games out there that can bring out emotion. That's rare to do in a video game.

apalisoc_9
03-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Microsoft will bounce back, at least I'm hoping they do.

I can't imagine sony being this good in the last three years of not for the tough competition 360 offered in the last generation.

baseline bum
03-02-2017, 03:29 PM

It'll probably happen within 3-4 years. The Wii-U emulator CEMU is actually capable of playing a lot of games right now. Like I can play Super Mario 3D World at fucking native 4k using CEMU on my PC. But you have to find somewhere to download a texture cache for the game. Otherwise you get a ton of nasty stutters the first time you play through a new section of the game while the texture cache is being built up. Any time after that the gameplay is really smooth.

Xevious
03-02-2017, 04:10 PM
HZD setting and storyline is nothing short of magnificent, tbh.

One of the very games out there that can bring out emotion. That's rare to do in a video game.
Maybe when you're used to playing nothing but Ratchet and Pokemon. Game developers have been writing complex characters and adult storylines for decades now. Not that Horizon doesn't apply, I hope it's as good as advertised.

apalisoc_9
03-02-2017, 04:23 PM
Maybe when you're used to playing nothing but Ratchet and Pokemon. Game developers have been writing complex characters and adult storylines for decades now. Not that Horizon doesn't apply, I hope it's as good as advertised.

Nah.

I play a lot of mature games.

I wasnt even as connected to nathan drake as I am with Aloy...

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Microsoft will bounce back, at least I'm hoping they do.

I can't imagine sony being this good in the last three years of not for the tough competition 360 offered in the last generation.

Microsoft is done. Nobody cares about Halo or Gears anymore. They lost most of the Xbox audience to Sony at E3 2013. The 360 was a fluke - and even then, they couldn't beat the Wii or stop the PS3 from catching up to them by the end of the generation. They still have no Japanese support at a time when Japan has started making better games than the West again. Unless the Scorpio turns out to be an unlikely success, don't be surprised if Microsoft leaves the console business altogether and moves the Xbox brand to PC.

Like it or not, Nintendo is the only company that can beat Sony. They have an insane amount of money stockpiled up. Their mobile games alone are like a license to print money without even getting into their regular gaming business. That's what idiots don't realize when they predict doom for Nintendo every time their stock price fluctuates. All Nintendo needs to do is pull their heads out of their asses and realize that North American and European gamers want different things from their consoles than the Japanese do. If you want Sony to have competition again, you need to hope that Nintendo gets their shit together. The old farts like Miyamoto, Reggie, and Kimishima probably need to retire for that to happen, though.

apalisoc_9
03-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Microsoft is done. Nobody cares about Halo or Gears anymore. They lost most of the Xbox audience to Sony at E3 2013. The 360 was a fluke - and even then, they couldn't beat the Wii or stop the PS3 from catching up to them by the end of the generation. They still have no Japanese support at a time when Japan has started making better games than the West again. Unless the Scorpio turns out to be an unlikely success, don't be surprised if Microsoft leaves the console business altogether and moves the Xbox brand to PC.

Like it or not, Nintendo is the only company that can beat Sony. They have an insane amount of money stockpiled up. Their mobile games alone are like a license to print money without even getting into their regular gaming business. That's what idiots don't realize when they predict doom for Nintendo every time their stock price fluctuates. All Nintendo needs to do is pull their heads out of their asses and realize that North American and European gamers want different things from their consoles than the Japanese do. If you want Sony to have competition again, you need to hope that Nintendo gets their shit together. The old farts like Miyamoto, Reggie, and Kimishima probably need to retire for that to happen, though.

No way. Nintendo has not realeased any "mature" content for years now and third party developers hate working with them. The Switch is expected to fail, again.

At some point, Zelda and mario will run its course.

Microsoft is the only other company besides sony with massive support from third party games and indie games.

Didnt microsoft fired that dude that was head of gaming when the xbox one was announced?

apalisoc_9
03-02-2017, 06:21 PM
In any case, the PS1 was created because of Nintendo...Sony has been the number 1 driving force in the console gaming industry since PS1...but good competition was always around..except for Dreamcast..

If you look at all failed consoles (dreamcast, the wii u etc) they all fail because of lack of developers support. Nintendo apparently is terrible with developers.

A competitve Microsoft is always good for gaming.

Xevious
03-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Nah.

I play a lot of mature games.

I wasnt even as connected to nathan drake as I am with Aloy...
Okay, Uncharted is rated teen and meant to be pretty light-hearted.

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 06:48 PM
No way. Nintendo has not realeased any "mature" content for years now and third party developers hate working with them. The Switch is expected to fail, again.

At some point, Zelda and mario will run its course.

Microsoft is the only other company besides sony with massive support from third party games and indie games.

Didnt microsoft fired that dude that was head of gaming when the xbox one was announced?
No doubt, Nintendo treated third parties like crap for a long time. They've been working to rebuild their relationships with third parties over the past couple generations, though. For instance, From Software went from bashing Nintendo to the press during the run-up to the GameCube's launch to being one of the first third parties to sign on for the Switch.

Nintendo's main problem now is not building a console that's powerful enough to run the top third-party titles. Hopefully when the Switch flops, that will be a wake-up call that they need to build a real console instead of a gimmick.

It's much easier to imagine Nintendo getting third-party multiplats again than Microsoft getting a quality lineup of exclusives again. Hell, Play Anywhere makes the latter scenario impossible.

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 06:49 PM
In any case, the PS1 was created because of Nintendo..
Nintendo is only half to blame for the PSX. Sega turned Sony down too.

ElNono
03-03-2017, 03:53 AM
IMO, the mobile market is eating Nintento alive, and will continue to do so. The console is uber-underpowered compared to the competition (and at $300 kinda overpriced) and over-powered compared to cellphones (for now). But cellphones are ubiquitous, games for them cost $1 or less. The whole portable thing went in another direction, and trying to recreate the GameBoy again is a losing fight.

I think they still have the 'toy' mentality, where they don't want to sell expensive hardware, and they want to try to cater to younger audiences, but look, the ugly truth is that the average gamer is 30+ years old, and there's more gamers over 36 than there are under 36. Most of the young kids play on their cellphones, which they already use to make calls, use social media, etc. They're not buying a Switch just because.

It'd be a shame if they go under too, we already pretty much lost Sega, tbh, and the days of Microsoft throwing stupid money around have been pretty much over since Ballmer left. Microsoft at least has Windows, they could try to screw Steam (or buy them up), but basically their next console or two have to be significantly better, or they gotta pull the plug.

baseline bum
03-03-2017, 07:47 AM
IMO, the mobile market is eating Nintento alive, and will continue to do so. The console is uber-underpowered compared to the competition (and at $300 kinda overpriced) and over-powered compared to cellphones (for now). But cellphones are ubiquitous, games for them cost $1 or less. The whole portable thing went in another direction, and trying to recreate the GameBoy again is a losing fight.

I think they still have the 'toy' mentality, where they don't want to sell expensive hardware, and they want to try to cater to younger audiences, but look, the ugly truth is that the average gamer is 30+ years old, and there's more gamers over 36 than there are under 36. Most of the young kids play on their cellphones, which they already use to make calls, use social media, etc. They're not buying a Switch just because.

It'd be a shame if they go under too, we already pretty much lost Sega, tbh, and the days of Microsoft throwing stupid money around have been pretty much over since Ballmer left. Microsoft at least has Windows, they could try to screw Steam (or buy them up), but basically their next console or two have to be significantly better, or they gotta pull the plug.

The mobile market is probably going to take everyone down eventually. Kids are growing up with the expectation that games are supposed to be "free" and that you have to pay to win. That's such a great business model. Then I can't believe how much money King makes selling middle aged ladies lollipop hammers and shit. Look at how everyone scoffed Super Mario Run because who pays :lol $10 for a mobile game?

On one hand I hope some of these new ideas fail spectacularly, like I want Switch to be a flop because I miss the Nintendo that was on the cutting edge of hardware back in the SNES days when you had ridiculously good third party games. And I 100% want Microsoft's XBox Game Pass to be a flop since I hate the idea of rentals taking over the market. But like you said, can either company survive that happening? I don't get why Microsoft didn't just abandon XBox One (it's not like anyone bought that crap) and make Scorpio with a good cpu that could offer 60 fps gaming. That would be a huge selling point over PoorStation and is achievable with a $60 Pentium G4560. Since you're an emulation expert, would it be hard to emulate a 1.6 GHz Jaguar cpu with what's basically a 3.5 GHz Skylake i3 with much better IPC for providing backwards compatibility with XBone?

Xevious
03-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Like I said is Cry Havoc's thread, I don't really see a market for mobile game consoles anymore with the emergence of smart phones/tablets. Unless someone is just that hard up to play the next Zelda or Mario title, I don't see the point.

apalisoc_9
03-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Disagree about mobile gaming being a great business model. Mobile gaming is extremely predatory. The total revenue of mobile gaming stems from the fact that they have a crazy amount of games, most of which are garbage making a puny 1 dollar or something, relying solely on quantity is not good for the average developer.

Games are cheaper than ever but many consumers can't see that. Mobile gaming is so cancerous for gamers like us because not only does it affect us real gamers, but it screws up the price expectations.

Console gaming will be alive, but it failed misrebly at tyring to appeal at Grandmas and kid non gamers. The reality is that, console gaming is always going to be a niche.

I just wish monile gaming dies out already. It already has poisoned steam.

apalisoc_9
03-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Funny when i see articles saying 155 million of americans play games. :lmao

This is why i hope for Gamestop demise. I want the developers to have the option to sell their games at a cheaper digital price...but they cant becauase of all the retailers.

Fucking Gamestop hiding brand new copies. :lmao

apalisoc_9
03-03-2017, 01:42 PM
Just reached the first big city. As always its beautiful, but the robots here are stupid hard. I'm at level 20 and supposodly the recomnded level is 15, but these thunderjaws and the flying robots are so fucking annoying. Die all the time.

I have to change my appraoch beacuse Ive been using stealth all the time, but now against these behemoth the damage dealt is puny.

Playing on hard mode too..Die 10 times on my way to meridian trying to bwat thunderjaw...Finally gave up and just went to the city.

Joseph Kony
03-03-2017, 02:30 PM
get good

Joseph Kony
03-03-2017, 02:41 PM
this game is damn good though. not ready to put it in Witcher territory yet, but it's the best PS exclusive since LoU easily

apalisoc_9
03-03-2017, 02:46 PM
this game is damn good though. not ready to put it in Witcher territory yet, but it's the best PS exclusive since LoU easily

Yup. It's better than unchatrted. Nothing against Baselinebum favourite bloodborne, but thisbhas so much more depth.

The problem is that it's a new IP, and an exclusive. Still mindblown at some reviwers giving this game mixed reviews and there's a few of them.

baseline bum
03-03-2017, 02:46 PM

?

http://all-things-andy-gavin.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/maxresdefault.jpg

apalisoc_9
03-03-2017, 02:48 PM
?

http://all-things-andy-gavin.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/maxresdefault.jpg

Its better than bloodbrone, honestly. I just think that the fact its a new IP got Fanboys a little bit triggered and gave Hipster revieers the Green Card to give hipster Grades.

Its easily better than all the uncharted games.

apalisoc_9
03-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Its difficult to imagine the next HZD not being a masterpiece.

Although for a New IP, this should easily be classified as a masterpiece. Its hitting and rivaling games thats been around for years against developers thats beem doing the same game for yeara too. :lol

baseline bum
03-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Its better than bloodbrone, honestly. I just think that the fact its a new IP got Fanboys a little bit triggered and gave Hipster revieers the Green Card to give hipster Grades.

Its easily better than all the uncharted games.

I'd be surprised, but I'll find out today since it's supposed to come in the mail finally (I forgot you get shipping with that SmartPost garbage where UPS/FedEx/DHL deliver to a post office at their lowest possible priority and then the USPS finishes delivery when you order a small item from newegg).

baseline bum
03-03-2017, 03:14 PM
But I'm definitely excited for this game. I wouldn't have bought a PS4 without seeing Horizon at E3.

Joseph Kony
03-03-2017, 03:17 PM
?

http://all-things-andy-gavin.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/maxresdefault.jpgi enjoyed bloodborne but probably not as much as you :lol but imo HZD is easily better

baseline bum
03-03-2017, 03:37 PM
i enjoyed bloodborne but probably not as much as you :lol but imo HZD is easily better

:lol I liked Bloodborne better than Witcher 3 bro

apalisoc_9
03-03-2017, 03:51 PM
:lol I liked Bloodborne better than Witcher 3 bro

You probably will like Bloodbrone better. :lol

I think when it gets to a point when both games are at leasy a 9/10...preference becomes very subjective. :lol

Its obvious you place high priority on combat. HZD has a great combat system though...

baseline bum
03-03-2017, 04:02 PM
You probably will like Bloodbrone better. :lol

I think when it gets to a point when both games are at leasy a 9/10...preference becomes very subjective. :lol

Its obvious you place high priority on combat. HZD has a great combat system though...

Probably. Bloodborne is one of my top 5 games ever. Maybe even top 3. And I didn't even think I'd like it when I bought it. :lol

apalisoc_9
03-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Probably. Bloodborne is one of my top 5 games ever. Maybe even top 3. And I didn't even think I'd like it when I bought it. :lol

Back to HZD

Not gonna spoil anything for you, but you might wanna save up your skill points. I regret using most of my points on stealth now that I'm mostly fighting giants :lol

Wonder if there is a way to redistribute the points. Also, stock up. Crafting is crazy important in the game.

Joseph Kony
03-03-2017, 05:39 PM
tbh the only part i've had trouble on is when you find that shadow carja camp when you're looking for olin with the two corruptors. mostly because i beat it and then i got glitched and stuck between a plank and a rock and couldn't move :lol so i fast traveled and returned and everyone was back again :pctoss

apalisoc_9
03-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Players saying rocketcrusher is one of the hardest boss fights ever :lol

I'm playing on hardmode, but I call BS. Can't wait to get to that part of the game

apalisoc_9
03-03-2017, 07:04 PM
tbh the only part i've had trouble on is when you find that shadow carja camp when you're looking for olin with the two corruptors. mostly because i beat it and then i got glitched and stuck between a plank and a rock and couldn't move :lol so i fast traveled and returned and everyone was back again :pctoss

Yeah without Autosave, you can kill all the humans and they'd show up after..Humans are kinda stupid in this game though. Probably fhe only negative so far fr the game.

ElNono
03-03-2017, 08:17 PM
The mobile market is probably going to take everyone down eventually. Kids are growing up with the expectation that games are supposed to be "free" and that you have to pay to win. That's such a great business model. Then I can't believe how much money King makes selling middle aged ladies lollipop hammers and shit. Look at how everyone scoffed Super Mario Run because who pays :lol $10 for a mobile game?

On one hand I hope some of these new ideas fail spectacularly, like I want Switch to be a flop because I miss the Nintendo that was on the cutting edge of hardware back in the SNES days when you had ridiculously good third party games. And I 100% want Microsoft's XBox Game Pass to be a flop since I hate the idea of rentals taking over the market. But like you said, can either company survive that happening? I don't get why Microsoft didn't just abandon XBox One (it's not like anyone bought that crap) and make Scorpio with a good cpu that could offer 60 fps gaming. That would be a huge selling point over PoorStation and is achievable with a $60 Pentium G4560. Since you're an emulation expert, would it be hard to emulate a 1.6 GHz Jaguar cpu with what's basically a 3.5 GHz Skylake i3 with much better IPC for providing backwards compatibility with XBone?

If you're on X64, providing backwards compatibility with another X64 is easy and fast, especially on newer gen CPUs, with vtx/vtd... You can even boot up the XBOne OS in a hypervisor, and basically provide drivers for the newer GPU.

Basically, you're running the CPU at native speeds. The only caveat is that a lot of these consoles sometimes have custom buses, and while vtd would help you a lot with that, if it's too custom it can be a drag. But that's rare, tbh.

IIRC, Skylake i3s are the first i3s to include support for vtx/vtd. The thing though, is that some games might been already optimized for 6/7 cores. Although the much more massive bandwidth and SSE/AVX performance would probably make up for a lot of it.

ElNono
03-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Disagree about mobile gaming being a great business model. Mobile gaming is extremely predatory. The total revenue of mobile gaming stems from the fact that they have a crazy amount of games, most of which are garbage making a puny 1 dollar or something, relying solely on quantity is not good for the average developer.

Games are cheaper than ever but many consumers can't see that. Mobile gaming is so cancerous for gamers like us because not only does it affect us real gamers, but it screws up the price expectations.

Console gaming will be alive, but it failed misrebly at tyring to appeal at Grandmas and kid non gamers. The reality is that, console gaming is always going to be a niche.

I just wish monile gaming dies out already. It already has poisoned steam.

It's toxic, but it's a different target. It's like Poorsung selling Android phones for $200. It does 1/2 of what an iPhone does for 1/4 of the price. Some might think, "wow that's a great value", but you're still getting 1/2... and for AAA games, that missing 1/2 matters a lot. So there are two markets, the hardcore and the value. That's why the middle-ground from Nintendo doesn't make much sense. You're kinda priced out for the value market (AAA games still cost $60), and heavily underpowered for the hardcore market (which pay the same for the same games that look a lot better).

When you're talking margins, the value market is clearly a terrible place to be. I can't think Nintendo really wants to be there in the long term. But for the hardcore market you need solid hardware.

I do think moving to ARM + NVidia is not a bad combo looking maybe 5-10 years from now. Intel's performance kinda plateaued for a while, if ARM can eventually get up to even half of an i5 performance in the next 4-5 years, then Nintendo could be in a good place to compete for the hardcore market. But making a product like that right now, doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess they're going to try to milk the Mario/Zelda fans as long as they can and hope ARM makes that leap and NVidia comes up with even better GPUs.

baseline bum
03-03-2017, 08:47 PM
After about 3 hours in I don't think the graphics are as good as Uncharted 4, but I do think it's a way better game. This is exactly the kind of game I love, an open world RPG with interesting areas to explore and some fun stealth. I thought it was kind of funny at the very beginning after reaching adulthood I was checking out some of the mountains and a dead ringer for the Matterhorn was on of those mountains in the distance. I love that this game adopted a crafting system like you see in the Far Cry series. I am really impressed by Guerrilla Games work so far. This is exactly the game I was hoping for when I saw the trailer and gameplay at E3 last summer.

apalisoc_9
03-03-2017, 10:11 PM
After about 3 hours in I don't think the graphics are as good as Uncharted 4, but I do think it's a way better game. This is exactly the kind of game I love, an open world RPG with interesting areas to explore and some fun stealth. I thought it was kind of funny at the very beginning after reaching adulthood I was checking out some of the mountains and a dead ringer for the Matterhorn was on of those mountains in the distance. I love that this game adopted a crafting system like you see in the Far Cry series. I am really impressed by Guerrilla Games work so far. This is exactly the game I was hoping for when I saw the trailer and gameplay at E3 last summer.

Game has so many negative reviews, it's mind boggling. Great New IPs really are challenged. By 10 hour of gameplay, you will feel lile the game is different. I'm telling you right now, stealth is useless later in the game when the real robots show up

apalisoc_9
03-04-2017, 02:43 AM
Fucking stalkers so annoying :lol

apalisoc_9
03-05-2017, 03:44 AM
Starting to wonder if i should have played on Normal mode. Hard mode really forces you to farm. I'm always out of Blaze because striders give you a whooping 1 blaze and a charger gives you 2 or 3 same with broadheads.

And all this, when you need hundreds of fire arrows to beat a thunderjaw.

Heck a ravager requires about 40-50 arrow...

apalisoc_9
03-05-2017, 03:47 AM
Also apparently, resource are scarce and I dont disgaree. I've killed maybe 50+ watchers and none of them ever dropped a heart.

I fucking need that heart to upgrade my weapon.

apalisoc_9
03-05-2017, 04:24 AM
Normal mode: Harvest 100%, enemy damage 100%, user damage 100%

Hard: Harvest 75%, Enemy Damage 175%, User damage 85%

V.Hard: Harvest 60% Enemy Damage 200% User Damage 75%...

No wonder I am getting punny 1 blaze with the mount. Not going to change my difficulty, but hard mode is hard..Some games jave hard mode that is really normal mode tbhn... I was wondering why 1 hot can kill you.
now I knpw why.

Leetonidas
03-05-2017, 12:18 PM
Tbh ive been playing on hard the whole time and haven't felt like its hard to find items. I also stealth kill most things though and do a fair amount of trading, I'm usually carrying 1500+ shards at any given time

apalisoc_9
03-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Tbh ive been playing on hard the whole time and haven't felt like its hard to find items. I also stealth kill most things though and do a fair amount of trading, I'm usually carrying 1500+ shards at any given time

Its ok against smaller and meduim sized robots, but there's a couple sidequest in meridian that forces you to fight a thunderjaw. It's rough at hardmode since my health pouch can only ever get past the first 1+ unless I want to tediously collect herbs.

You cant really stealth kill thunderjaws..they barely receive any damage with a silent strike and even if you keep on using the blastwire, it will take forever.

Surprisingly, stalkers are the most annoying but not the hardest.

The resouce are scarce, imo. I mean how can you kill so many watchers and not have a single watcher heart. Smdh.

baseline bum
03-05-2017, 01:13 PM

I almost never have shards in this game since I'm constantly upgrading all my pouches and shit. As of now I think this is probably the third best game I have played on PS4, behind Bloodborne and The Last of Us. This is definitely going to be a huge franchise for PlayStation. I'm about 12 hours in and I like Horizon Zero Dawn way more than any of the Uncharted or God of War games, and those are arguably the top two IP on PlayStation. I hated having to avoid this thread while waiting for my copy of the game to come in. :lol

baseline bum
03-05-2017, 10:20 PM
Reck man, you gotta get this game if you like open world games at all. I know you have been skeptical as hell but this game is a fucking Playstation essential. The only PS4 game I'd put above it for being must play is The Last of Us (Bloodborne is still my favorite game on the system, but I can understand many people don't want to play a hard ass game like that). This game is everything I was hoping it would be when I saw it at E3 last summer.

Reck
03-05-2017, 10:43 PM
Reck (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14412) man, you gotta get this game if you like open world games at all. I know you have been skeptical as hell but this game is a fucking Playstation essential. The only PS4 game I'd put above it for being must play is The Last of Us (Bloodborne is still my favorite game on the system, but I can understand many people don't want to play a hard ass game like that). This game is everything I was hoping it would be when I saw it at E3 last summer.

I was convinced about getting this game a while ago. I like what I'm seeing.

I planned on seeing a playthrough on youtube but it seems too good so I stopped. :lol

I'll wait for march 21 to get it with Mass effect. Although I'm certain that game will get delayed per par.

Passing on Nier Automata for the near future.

baseline bum
03-05-2017, 10:50 PM

I planned on seeing a playthrough on youtube but it seems too good so I stopped. :lol

I'll wait for march 21 to get it with Mass effect. Although I'm certain that game will get delayed per par.

Target has a buy two get one free deal going on right now. I wonder if they'd count a preorder towards Andromeda as one of the games. Then grab Horizon as the second and pick a third $60 game free.

apalisoc_9
03-05-2017, 11:02 PM
I had no odea you had to find caludrons by yourslef. :lol

I thought it was by quest and I'm alreadly level 25. Going to go through at least one of them tonight.

Reck
03-05-2017, 11:26 PM
Target has a buy two get one free deal going on right now. I wonder if they'd count a preorder towards Andromeda as one of the games. Then grab Horizon as the second and pick a third $60 game free.

Do they have it via online?

I dont think I have ever seeing a target here in the Bronx. You have to always go to Manhattan or Brooklyn to spot one. As far as electronic stores, all we get is Best Buy, sadly.

Leetonidas
03-06-2017, 12:49 AM
Cauldrons pop up on the map when you override long necks

baseline bum
03-06-2017, 10:29 AM

Damn Nier Automata just got some really killer reviews: 9/10 from Gamespot and 8.9/10 from IGN. I wasn't too impressed by the demo and the first game was supposed to be really bad, so that's kind of surprising.

apalisoc_9
03-06-2017, 02:05 PM
Level 29 now. I am going to replay this game and platinum :lol

My first platinul ever

Leetonidas
03-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Trying to get that badass armor....found two power cells and thought I was good...guess what you need 3 more. Fack:pctoss

apalisoc_9
03-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Trying to get that badass armor....found two power cells and thought I was good...guess what you need 3 more. Fack:pctoss

There's one powercell at a familiar ruin. Don't want to spoil anything...but you can go back.

Leetonidas
03-06-2017, 02:43 PM
That's where I got the 2nd one after the one at makers end. Gotta hunt now, I must have that armor

apalisoc_9
03-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Rockcrashers is probably the most difficult robots...With my current upgrades, every robot feels easy but these rockcrashers man...So unpredictable.

apalisoc_9
03-08-2017, 04:23 AM
Just opened up the whole map.

The thought of this game ending depressess me. Reminds me of Tlou..

baseline bum
03-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Level 29 now. I am going to replay this game and platinum :lol

My first platinul ever

How the fuck do you get raccoon skins in this game? I must have killed 50 of those fuckers and 90% of them just drop meat while the other 10% drop a bone too. But I never get a skin from them and I need it to upgrade the last of my ammo pouches.

apalisoc_9
03-08-2017, 12:08 PM
How the fuck do you get raccoon skins in this game? I must have killed 50 of those fuckers and 90% of them just drop meat while the other 10% drop a bone too. But I never get a skin from them and I need it to upgrade the last of my ammo pouches.

What difficulty are you playing?

Make sure you have space in your resource pouch..You really just need to kill more. I had the same issue with fox skin.

baseline bum
03-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Damn Thunderjaws are such a huge increase in difficulty from every other robot I have fought so far. They're pretty harmless once you shoot everything off with tear arrows and thunder arrows, but they can take so much damage.

DJR210
03-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Bend over, I'll show you a legit squeeze

apalisoc_9
03-10-2017, 07:43 PM
Damn Thunderjaws are such a huge increase in difficulty from every other robot I have fought so far. They're pretty harmless once you shoot everything off with tear arrows and thunder arrows, but they can take so much damage.

I just freeze them. :lol

Concentration+ and Quick Draw..

baseline bum
03-10-2017, 09:35 PM
I just freeze them. :lol

Concentration+ and Quick Draw..

I do find stealth still incredibly useful and I'm glad I maxed out the stealth skills (other than the worthless leader kill skill). It really helps out when you're taking potshots at thunderjaws to remove their canisters, their radar, that cannon, etc.

baseline bum
03-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Cauldrons pop up on the map when you override long necks

I just bought a map in one of the settlements that shows where all four are.

Leetonidas
03-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Nice. Pretty sure I'm toward the end of the main quest. Really enjoying the story of this game tbh

baseline bum
03-10-2017, 11:28 PM
Nice. Pretty sure I'm toward the end of the main quest. Really enjoying the story of this game tbh

I'm still not all that far in the main story. I'm doing all the sidequests, all the errands, all the bandit camps, and so on. I think I'm at level 34 right now with like 40 hours in the game. I doubt I'll finish it in less than 70 hours.

apalisoc_9
03-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Now imagine if this IP was named " Zelda". Such a shame that a game devoid of decent story and constant framerate drops is going to win GOTY.

apalisoc_9
03-11-2017, 11:13 AM

Dont forget to visit your childhood home. Surprisingly, it counts as a "new" location. Aloy has a short moment there with rost. Slighltly heartwarming.

Leetonidas
03-11-2017, 08:54 PM
Haven't been there yet I'll have to check it out. :tu

Finally got that shield weaver armor tbh

apalisoc_9
03-12-2017, 11:33 PM
Almost done with the game. Sad to see it end.

What an experience! Never thought I'd enjoy a game as much as i did with HZD. While, it wasn't without flaws.. This game is as Elite in every level. Combat, story, graphics, lore etc.

For the sequel, they need to fix human AI.

Also traverssing through clifs and mountain is a pain in the ass because they dont make it clear where you can jump.

Only two minor complaints.

A worthy replacement to Uncharted, imo. Time to close the curtain on Nathan Drake.

apalisoc_9
03-13-2017, 03:01 AM
Just finished the game, nice that it gets you back to the point before the final showdown so I can platinum the game. 83% so far.

If you're looking to play the game, seriously consider the text logs and audio points. Even without those the story is amazing, but man with the logs it just makes the setting even more fantastic.

Also, don't miss out on Rost Background Story. Go back to Nora!.

Fully expecting a DLC soon...

apalisoc_9
03-13-2017, 10:29 AM
Word of advice, do not use the power weave :lol

Way overpowered and i say that playing at hard mode. :lol

apalisoc_9
03-14-2017, 08:53 PM
Trying to plat the game. I hate relying on guides but these grazzer dummies are tough to find. I've been looking for the last two in two days now. :lol

baseline bum
03-14-2017, 11:06 PM
LOL Lt Daniels is in this game too. Every time I hear him talk all I can think about is that silent elevator ride when he's staring down McNulty. Same thing when he was playing that CEO in Quantum Break.

apalisoc_9
03-16-2017, 12:07 PM
Game sold over 2.6 million copies in just two weeks.

Safe to say this game is going to be a God of War like IP for Sony.

Could be a launch tittle for a new console? Sequel that is.

baseline bum
03-16-2017, 12:19 PM
Game sold over 2.6 million copies in just two weeks.

Safe to say this game is going to be a God of War like IP for Sony.

Could be a launch tittle for a new console? Sequel that is.

I wonder how much it cost to make. Nintendo said Breath of the Wild needed to sell 2 million copies to break even.

apalisoc_9
03-16-2017, 12:37 PM
I wonder how much it cost to make. Nintendo said Breath of the Wild needed to sell 2 million copies to break even.

46 Milion euros apparently, not including Marketing...

Probably same thing. Break even at 2 million copies. ..but Im terrible with these calculation so I dont know. How much did Zelda cost?

Sony owns GG though. They're probably more concenred about creating a new IP for future generations rather than short term Greens.

baseline bum
03-16-2017, 12:48 PM
46 Milion euros apparently, not including Marketing...

Probably same thing. Break even at 2 million copies. ..but Im terrible with these calculation so I dont know. How much did Zelda cost?

Sony owns GG though. They're probably more concenred about creating a new IP for future generations rather than short term Greens.

No way, they must be hugely in the black if that's what development costs were considering Horizon Zero Dawn hasn't needed much marketing. The games you always see advertised now are Breath of the Wild, COD Infinite Warfare, Madden, MLB The Show 17, and the POS Ghost Recon Wildlands.

apalisoc_9
03-16-2017, 01:02 PM
No way, they must be hugely in the black if that's what development costs were considering Horizon Zero Dawn hasn't needed much marketing. The games you always see advertised now are Breath of the Wild, COD Infinite Warfare, Madden, MLB The Show 17, and the POS Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Yeah, I don't believe the 46 Million number either...but that's what the team at HZD released. When i found out about it a week ago, i thought it was complete BS. It's way too deep of a game for 46$ Million dollar.

Do companoes typically BS about these stuff?

baseline bum
03-17-2017, 02:33 AM
Damn just got the overpowered ancient armor. Sad to be almost done with the game (well, until they release some DLC). I think it's a coin flip between Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last of Us for second best exclusive on the PS4, with Bloodborne still solidly the best game I have played on the system (ranking TLOU / HZD / TWC3 is tough though). Damn every game looks amazing at E3 (Ghost Recon Wildlands looked like a must have back then :lol), but HZD is better than the hype, way better than it looked at E3. Hell of a start for PS4 in 2017.

apalisoc_9
03-17-2017, 03:25 AM
Damn just got the overpowered ancient armor. Sad to be almost done with the game (well, until they release some DLC). I think it's a coin flip between Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last of Us for second best exclusive on the PS4, with Bloodborne still solidly the best game I have played on the system (ranking TLOU / HZD / TWC3 is tough though). Damn every game looks amazing at E3 (Ghost Recon Wildlands looked like a must have back then :lol), but HZD is better than the hype, way better than it looked at E3. Hell of a start for PS4 in 2017.

Don't use the armor in the ending. Don't think the game meant for us to do so. I think the ancient armor ruins the gameplay since it allows you to stay pat and take massive damage.

I had to replay the ending because I had the ancient armour on in my first ending playthrough. Without it though, Ending is much more intense.

I play in hard mode and beating two thunderjaws with an ancient armour is almost as easy as beating two scrappers earlys in the game. Ruins the game.

Joseph Kony
03-17-2017, 11:04 AM
Just do what I did and put that shit on very hard when you find the ancient armor, i stumbled upon an area with 5 tramplers, 3 glinthawks, a scrapper site, and 2 thunderjaws and that shit was not easy :lol

baseline bum
03-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Don't use the armor in the ending. Don't think the game meant for us to do so. I think the ancient armor ruins the gameplay since it allows you to stay pat and take massive damage.

I had to replay the ending because I had the ancient armour on in my first ending playthrough. Without it though, Ending is much more intense.

I play in hard mode and beating two thunderjaws with an ancient armour is almost as easy as beating two scrappers earlys in the game. Ruins the game.

Beating two Thunderjaw is easy in any armor. They're pretty defenseless once you take off all their weapons with tearblast arrows, which you can shoot them with from a safe distance. Then lure them away from the disc launchers and use those to kill them.

baseline bum
03-17-2017, 11:09 PM
I just finished the game and got the platinum trophy tonight. I was really excited about this game when I saw it at E3 last year and it turned out better than I could have expected. Guerrilla shot for the stars on this one and they absolutely hit their mark. On a 10 point scale with 8 really good, 9 incredible, and 10 one of the 5-10 greatest games I have ever played I'd rank it about a 9.6. It was decently long too, as I put 85 hours into it. Gotta say this game is a bargain at $60. Hopefully we see some nice DLC around the Christmas season or maybe early 2018. Also the engine is extremely impressive, which gets me excited about what Kojima can do with it in Death Stranding. Bravo Guerrilla. I can't believe they put out a game this great as their first venture beyond the Killzone series. I wouldn't have expected a game like this from a developer outside of Bethesda, Rockstar, Valve, Naughty Dog, From Software, or CD Projekt Red. But now Guerrilla deserves to be mentioned in that same elite class.

apalisoc_9
03-17-2017, 11:25 PM
I just finished the game and got the platinum trophy tonight. I was really excited about this game when I saw it at E3 last year and it turned out better than I could have expected. Guerrilla shot for the stars on this one and they absolutely hit their mark. On a 10 point scale with 8 really good, 9 incredible, and 10 one of the 5-10 greatest games I have ever played I'd rank it about a 9.6. It was decently long too, as I put 85 hours into it. Gotta say this game is a bargain at $60. Hopefully we see some nice DLC around the Christmas season or maybe early 2018. Also the engine is extremely impressive, which gets me excited about what Kojima can do with it in Death Stranding. Bravo Guerrilla. I can't believe they put out a game this great as their first venture beyond the Killzone series. I wouldn't have expected a game like this from a developer outside of Bethesda, Rockstar, Valve, Naughty Dog, From Software, or CD Projekt Red. But now Guerrilla deserves to be mentioned in that same elite class.

Yeah, they pretty much catapulted to elite Status. If the game, wasn't released in the same week as Zelda, I am positive this game would have scored in the mid 90s in metacritic and would have not received some shady reviewes..Like that dude from Usgamer who said the story is boring and the gameplay is teduious :lol..Really suspect credibility (fanboys)

Sony Fully owns GG too, so my guess is that sucker punch is probably going to slighly suffer. I can't imagine sony throwing a lot of money on two Studios trying to create both open world games.

Most users at reddit right now are suggesting a coliseuim DLC. Horizon team reads that board everyday and they post their everyday too...

Would not surprise me if they release a Free Coliseoum DLC and a 10 dollar DLC exploring in 2018.

Also, with Last of us 2 scheduled for the PS4...and all the ps5 rumors, would not surprise me if HZD 2 is a launch tittle for ps5 in 2020.

Still can't believe a new ip in an overlypopulated genre with Zelda and Mass effect released a week or two after...is this successfull. We're talking about a 14 day old Ip against a 30 year old and 10+ year old ip.

baseline bum
03-17-2017, 11:33 PM
Yeah, they pretty much catapulted to elite Status. If the game, wasn't released in the same week as Zelda, I am positive this game would have scored in the mid 90s in metacritic and would have not received some shady reviewes..Like that dude from Usgamer who said the story is boring and the gameplay is teduious :lol..Really suspect credibility (fanboys)

Sony Fully owns GG too, so my guess is that sucker punch is probably going to slighly suffer. I can't imagine sony throwing a lot of money on two Studios trying to create both open world games.

Most users at reddit right now are suggesting a coliseuim DLC. Horizon team reads that board everyday and they post their everyday too...

Would not surprise me if they release a Free Coliseoum DLC and a 10 dollar DLC exploring in 2018.

Also, with Last of us 2 scheduled for the PS4...and all the ps5 rumors, would not surprise me if HZD 2 is a launch tittle for ps5 in 2020.

Still can't believe a new ip in an overlypopulated genre with Zelda and Mass effect released a week or two after...is this successfull. We're talking about a 14 day old Ip against a 30 year old and 10+ year old ip.

It was a good move for Guerrilla to lift the review embargo nine days before release. When I saw that I knew this was going to be an amazing game, and it's the reason I pre-ordered it (first game I have ever pre-ordered). It showed the world they were extremely proud of their work, and with good reason.

Leetonidas
03-17-2017, 11:40 PM
I've been putting off beating trying to do all the side missions and errands first. Hadn't done any of the Hunter lodge shit til now hope there is a solid amount of quests involved

apalisoc_9
03-18-2017, 12:02 AM
It was a good move for Guerrilla to lift the review embargo nine days before release. When I saw that I knew this was going to be an amazing game, and it's the reason I pre-ordered it (first game I have ever pre-ordered). It showed the world they were extremely proud of their work, and with good reason.

Not sure, if you're aware but if you did plat the game..Check your email. GG and Sony are giving away a free HZD theme to anyone who plats the game.

apalisoc_9
03-18-2017, 12:05 AM
I've been putting off beating trying to do all the side missions and errands first. Hadn't done any of the Hunter lodge shit til now hope there is a solid amount of quests involved

Are you talking about the Hunter lodge quest or the trials? Imo, the trials are super easy. Got Blazing sun in my first try with a few the trials. I noticed that you either ace the trial or it completely goes wrong.

The trials would give you the best weapons in the game.

baseline bum
03-18-2017, 12:15 AM
Not sure, if you're aware but if you did plat the game..Check your email. GG and Sony are giving away a free HZD theme to anyone who plats the game.

No email yet, but I'm sticking to the default them anyways.

baseline bum
03-18-2017, 12:17 AM
What's up with the Death Stranding references? I got three stranded artifacts and sold them to a guy who gave me warm socks in exchange. I wonder if that's just making a joke about Aloy complaining about her wet boots after you cross a stream. :lol

baseline bum
03-18-2017, 12:26 AM
Are you talking about the Hunter lodge quest or the trials? Imo, the trials are super easy. Got Blazing sun in my first try with a few the trials. I noticed that you either ace the trial or it completely goes wrong.

The trials would give you the best weapons in the game.

I think the two best weapons in the game are the Shadow Hunter Bow and the Shadow Sharpshot Bow, both of which you can just buy. Most of the trials are pretty easy but the one with tying down and critical hitting three glinthawks was a real pain in the ass.

apalisoc_9
03-18-2017, 12:48 AM
I think the two best weapons in the game are the Shadow Hunter Bow and the Shadow Sharpshot Bow, both of which you can just buy. Most of the trials are pretty easy but the one with tying down and critical hitting three glinthawks was a real pain in the ass.

I guess it depends on your playstyle. Shadow Hunter Bow is my most used weapon and I have all high damage on the mods. But I need to combine that with lodge war bow for insane damage. I find Frost + the heavy damage shadow hunter bow the best.

Also the lode ropecaster is crazy op. I think you only need three or four ropes even against Thunderjaws, stormbird with the lodge ropecaster and right modification.

It takes like whole minutes before they can get rid of the wires at that point I would have slaughetred half of the enemy.

Also my highest damage comes from Freeze + Blast Bomb.. Got close to 900 damage with thunderjaw freezed and a blast bomb from the lodge sling.

Usually my loadout though is Shadow Hunter bow, lodge War Bow for freeze, lodge Ropecaster, another War bow for corruption.

Xevious
03-18-2017, 04:55 PM
Just picked this up.... feel a little sick tbh. It's the first full-priced game I've bought in probably five years or so. But if it's as good as you fuckers say, it'll be worth it.

baseline bum
03-18-2017, 05:40 PM
Just picked this up.... feel a little sick tbh. It's the first full-priced game I've bought in probably five years or so. But if it's as good as you fuckers say, it'll be worth it.

If you're into action RPGs it's easily worth full price IMO. I also hate paying full price for a game and there are only three exclusives on the system I would do it for (HZD, Bloodborne, TLOU). Though I suppose Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain, and and Dying Light were worth full price too, though I'd much rather play those three on PC.

Leetonidas
03-18-2017, 05:47 PM
I finally beat it earlier...great game, I liked the way it ended just wish the battle with helis wasnt immediately after the quest begins and more toward the end but still a good ending to the game. Solid 9.2/10 imo

apalisoc_9
03-18-2017, 08:24 PM
I finally beat it earlier...great game, I liked the way it ended just wish the battle with helis wasnt immediately after the quest begins and more toward the end but still a good ending to the game. Solid 9.2/10 imo

Probably wanted the last battle between Aloy and Machine. Humans arent exactly hard to beat in this game.

Reck
03-20-2017, 06:28 PM
I have joined the ranks of you no lifers. :lol baseline bum apalisoc_9

http://i.imgur.com/GKUFQlD.jpg

Also bought Nier instead of Andromeda. Cant say I'll get to play either game for a couple of days though. :lol

apalisoc_9
03-20-2017, 06:35 PM
I'm playing nier right now. I think it's slighlty better than the reboot DMC as far as gameplay is concenred. Overall, the reboot DMC is probably better though because there is very little story immersion with Nier, which is expected from wonky japanese story tellers and the environment in nier is just poor.

Xevious
03-20-2017, 08:04 PM
If you're into action RPGs it's easily worth full price IMO. I also hate paying full price for a game and there are only three exclusives on the system I would do it for (HZD, Bloodborne, TLOU). Though I suppose Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain, and and Dying Light were worth full price too, though I'd much rather play those three on PC.
Yeah I almost always wait for a price drop. For the games that I can't wait on, I'll pricematch some online sale at Walmart, do Target's buy two get one free deal when that is going on, or find some other way to get a discount. I'm a cheap bastard.

This one was worth it though. I'm only just done with the proving, so I have a ways to go yet.

Leetonidas
03-21-2017, 02:06 PM
I'm playing nier right now. I think it's slighlty better than the reboot DMC as far as gameplay is concenred. Overall, the reboot DMC is probably better though because there is very little story immersion with Nier, which is expected from wonky japanese story tellers and the environment in nier is just poor.

That's kinda disappointing. I like square enix jrpg games but if the dmc reboot is better than this game must suck :lol the reviews have been solid though. I guess I'll wait til it stops in price or appears in the redbox

apalisoc_9
03-21-2017, 04:43 PM
That's kinda disappointing. I like square enix jrpg games but if the dmc reboot is better than this game must suck :lol the reviews have been solid though. I guess I'll wait til it stops in price or appears in the redbox

The DMC reboot is better in a sense that the envrionments we're epic and the story isn't as wonky.

But this is an action game where 90% of the fun is in combat. Imo, nier is better in combat.

Reck
03-21-2017, 10:48 PM
I'll probably start playing this tonight. I'm torn between playing this first or Nier.

I also have 50+ unfinished games I should start playing. :lol

apalisoc_9
03-24-2017, 02:56 PM
What's the highest mods in this game?

Thinking of farming behemoth, stormbirds, Thunderjaws and Rockbreakers to get 50+ mods. Apperently those are available in the game.

Highest so far have is a 49Damage with 30 Handling and 11 tear.

Reck
03-24-2017, 05:32 PM
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/horizon-zero-dawn/305398-horizon-zero-dawn-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

Sounds like this game is easy as hell. The platinum difficulty is pretty damn low. I'm going for it.

apalisoc_9
03-24-2017, 06:03 PM
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/horizon-zero-dawn/305398-horizon-zero-dawn-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

Sounds like this game is easy as hell. The platinum difficulty is pretty damn low. I'm going for it.

Damn. Had no idea lakaluva was a fan of HZD.

Joseph Kony
03-24-2017, 06:33 PM

imo thats why i had to switch it to very hard. i wish there was something above that

baseline bum
03-24-2017, 07:52 PM
imo thats why i had to switch it to very hard. i wish there was something above that

Bend over. I'll give you very hard.

03-25-2017, 12:00 PM
Bend over. I'll give you very hard.

Joseph Kony
03-25-2017, 01:18 PM
lol

apalisoc_9
06-16-2017, 04:08 AM
Damn the New DLC is priced at 20....

Hopefully, it's at least 20 more hours.

New machines confirmed
new Area confirmed
And a whole new side story...not sure yet if this during the events of main game or after.

It seems though its during the events and just before the final boss of the main game as evidence with the armor she's wearing in the trailer.

Reck
06-16-2017, 04:32 AM

New machines confirmed
new Area confirmed
And a whole new side story...not sure yet if this during the events of main game or after.

It seems though its during the events and just before the final boss of the main game as evidence with the armor she's wearing in the trailer.

For 20 dollars you'll be lucky to get 5 hours.

baseline bum
06-16-2017, 07:05 AM

New machines confirmed
new Area confirmed

If you have PS Plus they were offering it for $15 on the PS Store. I don't know if that deal still stands or not.

baseline bum
06-16-2017, 07:06 AM
For 20 dollars you'll be lucky to get 5 hours.

Well the base game turned out about 4 times as long as you initially figured, so maybe apa is on to something. :lol

Reck
06-16-2017, 07:10 AM
Well the base game turned out about 4 times as long as you initially figured, so maybe apa is on to something. :lol

20 hours for 20 dollars? They'd be working for free essentially.

This game will spawn several DLCs so I doubt they will blow their load in their first.

Reck
06-16-2017, 07:15 AM

BTW how many hours did I say this game was gonna be initially?

Fucking games like call of duty and uncharted etc have made me questioned how these game developers make games now. 60 bucks for a 5 hours. :lol

baseline bum
06-16-2017, 07:21 AM
BTW how many hours did I say this game was gonna be initially?

Fucking games like call of duty and uncharted etc have made me questioned how these game developers make games now. 60 bucks for a 5 hours. :lol

I seem to remember you thinking the game would be about the length of Uncharted 4, which is a little under 20 hours. I was hoping for 100, and it ended up taking about 80 hours for me to platinum.

baseline bum
06-16-2017, 07:22 AM
20 hours for 20 dollars? They'd be working for free essentially.

This game will spawn several DLCs so I doubt they will blow their load in their first.

I was kind of surprised to see no season pass for this game. It wouldn't be crazy to get such a long DLC. I think Blood & Wine for The Witcher 3 was around $25 when it came out and that was easily 40 hours of content.

Joseph Kony
06-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Blood and Wine was the greatest expansion I had played since the shivering isles for ES4 tbh....i would be happy if HZD had even half the content in this. Either way I'll be getting it