PDA

View Full Version : Parker and Kawhi is the 2nd best pairing on the team this season.

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 07:58 AM
With a +/- 2 points higher than House/Leonard.

http://stats.nba.com/lineups/traditional/#!?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&GroupQuantity=2&TeamID=1610612759

:lmao

How will the helmet crew spin this one? Maybe they'll reference the Clippers series again :lol

(credit DPG21920 for the find)

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 08:02 AM
I'm also not surprised at the Parker/Danny pairing being so good this season. Parker has been creating a lot of nice looks for Danny through penetration/probing, which is reflected in Danny's resurgent 3 point shooting percentage this season. This is something else the Microwave can't do, which is why the Mills/Green pairing ranks so low.

GSH
01-12-2017, 08:08 AM

http://stats.nba.com/lineups/traditional/#!?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&GroupQuantity=2&TeamID=1610612759

How will the helmet crew spin this one? Maybe they'll reference the Clippers series again :lol

(credit DPG21920 for the find)

Like this:

"Of the 51.1 PPG the pair is scoring, Kawhi should be scoring 60 and Parker should be scoring 1.1."

NameLess Scrub
01-12-2017, 08:11 AM
In b4 Porker freezes Kawhi.
In b4 Matt Barnes / Andre Roberson.

Brazil
01-12-2017, 08:14 AM
dabom will reply with a one liner like that:

:lol no, kawhi/mvpatty is better than kawhi/fatenriqueporker

Chinook
01-12-2017, 08:28 AM
Just think about how much better it would be if Parker would actually pass the ball to him.

Brazil
01-12-2017, 08:29 AM
Just think about how much better it would be if Parker would actually pass the ball to him.

Chinook
01-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Also, Danny's in four of the top six pairs, seems like he's having a bigger effect than everyone else. I also find it funny that Pau and Parker is the other duo, since that was supposed to be the weakpoint of the SL.

TheGreatYacht
01-12-2017, 08:31 AM
HOTS making system players better per par

RD2191
01-12-2017, 08:55 AM
:lol OP is a faggot.

dabom
01-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Parker has some of the most negative lineups on the team. Why do you think real plus/minus has him ranked as a negative player. :lol

Patty Mills is just the way better player this year. That's not an opinion. :lmao

GSH
01-12-2017, 10:50 AM
That's not an opinion. :lmao

Don't sell yourself short. It's not much of an opinion, but it still counts.

TheDoctor
01-12-2017, 10:59 AM
HOTS making system players better per par

lefty
01-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Kawhi making Porker look good TBH

cd98
01-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Parker has some of the most negative lineups on the team. Why do you think real plus/minus has him ranked as a negative player. :lol

Patty Mills is just the way better player this year. That's not an opinion. :lmao Mills has been great against second units, no doubt.

Brazil
01-12-2017, 11:12 AM
Kawhi making Porker look more good than Mills

fify

Brazil
01-12-2017, 11:14 AM

Patty Mills is just the way better player this year. That's not an opinion. :lmao

pairing

nobody is sayin' parker is better than mills but kawhi/parker is better than kawhi/mills... that is a fact not an opinion

dabom
01-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Spurs play better without porker. FACT. :lol

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 11:38 AM
pairing

nobody is sayin' parker is better than mills but kawhi/parker is better than kawhi/mills... that is a fact not an opinion

I am. Parker is a better PG than Mills. If Mills isn't hot, he's a serious detriment to the team. Tony can manage a game without scoring and can still collapse defenses. Patty can only do that on hard closeouts.

dabom
01-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Tony cannot even beat defenses anymore stupid fucks. :lol

Brazil
01-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Spurs play better without porker. FACT. :lol

Kawhi/Parker > Kawhi/Mills

sorry bro this is what it is even if it hurts your feelings :lol

$pursDynasty
01-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Wow and Tony is every other starter's best pairing except L-Train whose best pairing is Verde, while three of House's four best pairings are with Manu, JSimms and D.Lee (Kiwi being the other). I am starting to think this Parker bashing is more about insecure Kingslayer fans not thinking that he will get enough shine/credit if Tony is on the floor too. I like the KingSlayer and I have no doubt if you ask any of the starters who they prefer at point they will say Parker because when he is on, he serves them points on a silver platter. The Spurs are a league leader in assists but often it feels like they get shorted on them in the box scores. I will concede that when Patty is in the game more closely resembles the beautiful game era, the ball moves a lot but that is NOT who the Spurs are any more because that is not how the Spurs best two players :clawand :lma play the game. Penetrating Parker is better for them and Verde and Pau than beautiful game, now the other style might in fact and in fact probably is better for the bench mob because we don't have any players that can easily go iso by themselves in that group.

TheGreatYacht
01-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Paddy Microwave House is great against the Spencer Dinwiddies and CJ Watsons of the NBA

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Tony cannot even beat defenses anymore stupid fucks. :lol

Odd criteria to use to differentiate Tony and Patty, considering that Patty could never beat defenses. I love Patty but he's a very limited offensive player.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Wow and Tony is every other starter's best pairing except L-Train whose best pairing is Verde, while three of House's four best pairings are with Manu, JSimms and D.Lee (Kiwi being the other). I am starting to think this Parker bashing is more about insecure Kingslayer fans not thinking that he will get enough shine/credit if Tony is on the floor too. I like the KingSlayer and I have no doubt if you ask any of the starters who they prefer at point they will say Parker because when he is on, he serves them points on a silver platter. The Spurs are a league leader in assists but often it feels like they get shorted on them in the box scores. I will concede that when Patty is in the game more closely resembles the beautiful game era, the ball moves a lot but that is NOT who the Spurs are any more because that is not how the Spurs best two players :clawand :lma play the game. Penetrating Parker is better for them and Verde and Pau than beautiful game, now the other style might in fact and in fact probably is better for the bench mob because we don't have any players that can easily go iso by themselves in that group.

Every good NBA coach in the league recognizes how valuable spacing is.

Meanwhile the helmet krew has never played a game of basketball in their lives beyond pick-up, so of course their usual retort is to ISO for Kawhi on 99.8% of possessions. Makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

dabom
01-12-2017, 12:58 PM
Kawhi/Parker > Kawhi/Mills

sorry bro this is what it is even if it hurts your feelings :lol

MVPatty + Spurs WAY BETTER THAN ENRIQUE porker + Spurs. :lol

I don't know why ya are using raw plus/minus lineups like it actually tells you anything? :lol

I thought we stopped using that 3 years ago tbh. :lmao

K...
01-12-2017, 01:06 PM
I think

I don't know why ya are using raw plus/minus lineups like it actually tells you anything? :lol

Tony with spurs 4 rings....mills one ring. That's all the stats I need there

dabom
01-12-2017, 01:09 PM
I think

Tony with spurs 4 rings....mills one ring. That's all the stats I need there

Carried to 4. :lmao

Atleast Patty earned his. :lol

Seventyniner
01-12-2017, 01:14 PM
pairing

In terms of complementarity (I doubt that's a word) of skillsets, I could see Kawhi/Manu/Tony being worse than Kawhi/Manu/Patty. Of course pairs don't tell you everything.

But I'd take Kawhi/Danny/Tony over both of those trios.

dabom
01-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Porker losing his own true FMVP, but was dumb enough to call out his own teammate in fear of losing it. :lol

TheGreatYacht
01-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Kiwi earning his FMVP after averaging 16 points and let the other guy average a triple double on 52FG% :lol

dabom
01-12-2017, 01:20 PM
Kawhi closing out what Porker failed to do the year before. :lmao

Dude was 0-15 in a close out game. :lmao

dabom
01-12-2017, 01:21 PM
When Pop said when "good (2013) to great (2014)." :lmao

TheGreatYacht
01-12-2017, 01:23 PM
This
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1365831.1370584269!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/170073385.jpg

was ruined by this
https://bendavidwong.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/screen-shot-2013-06-22-at-7-03-40-pm.png

dabom
01-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Overtime. :lmao

2:42.0
T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) misses free throw 1 of 2

99-97

Offensive rebound by Team

99-97

T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) makes free throw 2 of 2
+1
100-97

2:29.0

100-99
+2
R. Allen (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/allenra02.html) makes 2-pt shot from 4 ft (assist by L. James (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html))

2:04.0
T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) misses 3-pt shot from 26 ft

100-99

2:03.0

100-99

Defensive rebound by L. James (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html)

TheGreatYacht
01-12-2017, 01:33 PM
There would've been no overtime had the role player not choked uncontested free shots

spurraider21
01-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Porker losing his own true FMVP, but was dumb enough to call out his own teammate in fear of losing it. :lol
Is this the Danny green thing? As if after making 17 threes or whatever Miami didn't realize what was going on until parker mentioned it?

:lmao delusional

dabom
01-12-2017, 01:37 PM
There would've been no overtime had the role player not choked uncontested free shots

Could have gone up 4 points and then closed out with that 3. That's his fault. :lmao

Trueblood
01-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Carried to 4. :lmao

Atleast Patty earned his. :lol

The finals mvp was carried?

dabom
01-12-2017, 01:39 PM
Is this the Danny green thing? As if after making 17 threes or whatever Miami didn't realize what was going on until parker mentioned it?

Brah, they knew after the first 2 games. But now it goes from moderate priority to high priority. Are you some stupid fuck or something? :lol

Do you know how shit works? :lmao

dabom
01-12-2017, 01:39 PM
The finals mvp was carried?

Playing agaisn't some fuck named boobie. :lol

spurraider21
01-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Brah, they knew after the first 2 games. But now it goes from moderate priority to high priority. Are you some stupid fuck or something? :lol

Do you know how shit works? :lmao
Yeah, as if "hur dur their top 3 point shooter is making a lot of threes, maybe we should help off him less" is so complex that nobody figured it out until parker said it :lol

I wonder how pop knew to tell Gary neal to stop helping off Mike Miller after he burned us. LeBron must have told pop something :lmao

TheGreatYacht
01-12-2017, 01:50 PM
spurraider21

dabom
01-12-2017, 01:51 PM
Yeah, as if "hur dur their top 3 point shooter is making a lot of threes, maybe we should help off him less" is so complex that nobody figured it out until parker said it :lol

I wonder how pop knew to tell Gary neal to stop helping off Mike Miller after he burned us. LeBron must have told pop something :lmao

I just explained to you and then you reply with nothing. :lmao

Do you think they were playing green throughout the series the same and somehow he magically got shut down game 6 and 7. :lmao

Trueblood
01-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Playing agaisn't some fuck named boobie. :lol

I don't disagree with your assessment of Parker's current skills, or that Mills addition to the team is higher than Parker. But denying what he's done for the team on the court doesn't make sense. There was a time when he was arguably the best point guard in the game. He was a very important piece to 4 championships and taking that away from him because he isn't playing up to that level now is a little short sighted. But agree to disagree I guess.

lefty
01-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Kawhi closing out what Porker failed to do the year before. :lmao

Dude was 0-15 in a close out game. :lmao

Overtime. :lmao

T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) misses free throw 1 of 2

99-97

Offensive rebound by Team

99-97

T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) makes free throw 2 of 2
+1
100-97

2:29.0

100-99
+2
R. Allen (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/allenra02.html) makes 2-pt shot from 4 ft (assist by L. James (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html))

2:04.0
T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) misses 3-pt shot from 26 ft

100-99

2:03.0

100-99

Defensive rebound by L. James (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html)

cd98
01-12-2017, 02:46 PM
I'm not ripping on Kawhi for missing the free throw, but based on the entire series, say Kawhi makes his free throw and the Spurs win the title. Who gets the finals MVP? Let's be honest. Tim played great, but Parker comes home with that MVP trophy.

01-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Kiwi earning his FMVP after averaging 16 points and let the other guy average a triple double on 52FG% :lol
:lmao :lmao :lmao

:depressed should've been Tim's 4th FMVP :pctoss

01-12-2017, 02:49 PM

Brazil
01-12-2017, 02:57 PM

not sure why your moving goal posts all the time tbh :lmao

all discussion started with Kawhi is frozen by Parker and would be better if pairing with Mills vs. Parker.... guess what ? Spurs are better pairing Kawhi and Parker than pairing him with Mills :lmao

:lol oh now +/- sucks

TheGreatYacht
01-12-2017, 04:32 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

:depressed should've been Tim's 4th FMVP :pctoss
:depressed

DarrinS
01-12-2017, 04:44 PM
I'm not ripping on Kawhi for missing the free throw, but based on the entire series, say Kawhi makes his free throw and the Spurs win the title. Who gets the finals MVP? Let's be honest. Tim played great, but Parker comes home with that MVP trophy.

No, Tim would have won it. Better offensive stats and Tim also plays this thing called defense.

cd98
01-12-2017, 05:31 PM
No, Tim would have won it. Better offensive stats and Tim also plays this thing called defense. The way Tony played in that game 6, and the buzz he had that year with the media, I have no doubt he would have been the MVP of that finals, though I guess we'll never know because of those two missed free throws by Manu and Kawhi.

dabom
01-12-2017, 05:39 PM
The way Tony played in that game 6, and the buzz he had that year with the media, I have no doubt he would have been the MVP of that finals, though I guess we'll never know because of those two missed free throws by Manu and Kawhi.

Tony missed free throws too. :lmao

cd98
01-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Tony missed free throws too. :lmao Not in the last minute of regulation that would have won the game. I'm not dissing on Kawhi or Manu for missing free throws. Even though it hurts that they missed them, that's part of the game. Kawhi and Manu are great free throw shooters, I would have been fine with either shooting free throws with the game on the line. It was a one in a million chance the Spurs lose that game and it just hit the one in a million. I merely point out that because they missed those two free throws, we'll never know a lot of things, like who would have been the MVP of the finals or who if the Spurs would have had a run like they did in 2014. To be honest, because I love great comeback stories, I'm fine with losing 2013 given the way the Spurs responded in 2014.

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 05:59 PM
Dabom is predictably melting down now that the House works better for Kawhi myth has been completely busted :lol

$pursDynasty
01-12-2017, 08:59 PM
Wow Kingslayer really looks to be suffering from sharing the court with MVParker in the first quarter of the Lakers game.

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 11:29 PM

(credit DPG21920 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13014) for the find)

They should say that Parker has benefited from Kawhi gravity, from Kawhi getting all the perimeter defensive attention...Parker talking more shots than him while Kawhi has the best perimeter defender on him.

But hopefully they won't say anything.

They should wait until May to see how this thread about Parker will become a disaster. AGAIN.

Like many of your fiascos in last two seasons. 'Parker will be our reliant #3 option in playoffs" "He can still score 25 in a playoffs game"

Don't worry. They will remember your failed threads...And will bump this one.

Kawhitstorm
01-12-2017, 11:36 PM

Manure:bang

Kawhitstorm
01-12-2017, 11:39 PM

Manure doesn't commit 8 turnovers on top of not missing his free throw.... :wakeup

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 11:42 PM
They should say that Parker has benefited from Kawhi gravity, from Kawhi getting all the perimeter defensive attention...Parker talking more shots than him while Kawhi has the best perimeter defender on him.

But hopefully they won't say anything.

They should wait until May to see how this thread about Parker will become a disaster. AGAIN.

Like many of your fiascos in last two seasons. 'Parker will be our reliant #3 option in playoffs" "He can still score 25 in a playoffs game"

Don't worry. They will remember your failed threads...And will bump this one.

Never stated such. I said we have no choice but to "gamble" on Parker as a 3rd option because he was the only player still even capable of scoring 25. You and the helmets are the ones who banked on the coshitty idea, with "MVPatty" leading the charge, and it blew up in your faces.

Need I remind you. AGAIN.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/nfi87a.jpg

Parker had a respectable series. House was the fiasco and disaster.

And yeah, Parker benefits from Kawhi, which is yet another point I've been trying to drive into your helmet encased skull. In sets like HORNS, Kawhi "parked" in the corner and drawing attention opens up the middle of the floor for Parker/LMA pnr and Parker penetration/probing. House's game is moving off ball, so he won't really benefit much from "Kawhi gravity" aside from being ready to catch a pass when Kawhi's doubled. Mills is also a "disaster" alongside Danny.

You haven't really thought your crusade through.

Kawhitstorm
01-12-2017, 11:47 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eRzh2f-OiD4/VBy_Ot6FJFI/AAAAAAAAAXo/GnJrPRgtMiM/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2014-09-19%2Bat%2B7.41.21%2BPM.png

YGWHI
01-12-2017, 11:51 PM
Never stated such. I said we have no choice but to "gamble" on Parker as a 3rd option because he was the only player still even capable of scoring 25.

"Gamble"...yeah.

It would be easier if you admit you were wrong about Parker in those threads. But if you keep defending it, you sound like a crazy man.

midnightpulp
01-12-2017, 11:56 PM
"Gamble"...yeah.

It would be easier if you admit you were wrong about Parker in those threads. But if you keep defending it, you sound like a crazy man.

Did he or did he not average the 3rd most points on the team shooting a respectable percentage against the only real team the Spurs faced in the playoffs last year?

Did House, Diaw, Manu, West come through with any game/series changing performances in that series? Yes or no.

Again, your whining fanboy ass won't be happy until Kawhi gets 100% usage. That's a crazy man.

YGWHI
01-13-2017, 12:02 AM
That's a crazy man.

Nah...A crazy man is someone who still thinks that Parker stats 'at half season' will be the same in playoffs. And makes a thread to say it.

dabom
01-13-2017, 12:05 AM
Nah...A crazy man is someone who still thinks that Parker stats 'at half season' will be the same in playoffs. And makes a thread to say it.
:lol

midnightpulp
01-13-2017, 12:08 AM

I don't think that, but I have no choice but to gamble because he's STILL the 3rd best scorer on the team (Gasol is right there, but I don't like the idea of our top 3 scorers being frontcourt players).

Until your coshitty can show me something, I have no choice AGAIN but to hope Parker finds a gear.

midnightpulp
01-13-2017, 12:09 AM
:lol

"Patty always shows up in the playoffs!"

*averages 4 points on .231 three point shooting and misses a wide open game winner against a real team in the playoffs*

dabom
01-13-2017, 12:27 AM
"Patty always shows up in the playoffs!"

*averages 4 points on .231 three point shooting and misses a wide open game winner against a real team in the playoffs*

porker has been trash the LAST THREE YEARS. :lmao

Lets put your money on that guy. :lmao

What is the definition of crazy again? :lmao

alpha_HaZE
01-13-2017, 01:36 AM
Can we stop arguing about Tony vs Patty? Both of them are having their best reg season in recent memory and that's something to celebrate. They are both very good players right now.

midnightpulp
01-13-2017, 02:20 AM
porker has been trash the LAST THREE YEARS. :lmao

Lets put your money on that guy. :lmao

What is the definition of crazy again? :lmao

Parker was fantastic in 2013. Slaughtered Wardell. And basically beat Memphis by himself. And it was in that series that I finally threw a bone to the Parker fanboys like JaG, Brazil, etc. He was great against Miami in the first 3 games until he pulled his hamstring. And yes, it sucks that minor tweaks affect Parker so much, but it is what it is. He was good in 2014, with a slightly above average PER and good stats. And he was about 600 times better than your boy House against OKC last season.

He was really only "trash" against the Clippers.

Kawhitstorm
01-13-2017, 02:53 AM
Parker was fantastic in 2013. Slaughtered Wardell. And basically beat Memphis by himself.

He didn't exactly "slaughter" Wardell who was slowed down by an ankle injury & Danny after he wore out Porky in Gm 1. Porky was atrocious in the closeout game that Shitter took over.:lol

ORtg: 106; DRtg: 107 --> :lolNet: -1:lol (Not exactly a series that should be on Porky's resume)

midnightpulp
01-13-2017, 03:22 AM
He didn't exactly "slaughter" Wardell who was slowed down by an ankle injury & Danny after he wore out Porky in Gm 1. Porky was atrocious in the closeout game that Shitter took over.:lol

ORtg: 106; DRtg: 107 --> :lolNet: -1:lol (Not exactly a series that should be on Porky's resume)

Compare his stats to Wardell's in that series. Ankle injury or not, he outplayed him. And "slaughtered" him if you go net rating -1 vs. -7. Wardell couldn't stop him and they had to put Klay on him and hide Wardell on Green.

Chinook
01-13-2017, 08:20 AM
Compare his stats to Wardell's in that series. Ankle injury or not, he outplayed him. And "slaughtered" him if you go net rating -1 vs. -7. Wardell couldn't stop him and they had to put Klay on him and hide Wardell on Green.

To add to that, Tony was the designated weak point for the Spurs defense. They let bigger guys score consistently on Tony one-on-one so that they could keep the rest of the team at bay.

itzsoweezee
01-13-2017, 09:02 AM
You moron, you're using a per game stat rather than a per possession or per play stat.

itzsoweezee
01-13-2017, 09:05 AM
not sure why your moving goal posts all the time tbh :lmao

all discussion started with Kawhi is frozen by Parker and would be better if pairing with Mills vs. Parker.... guess what ? Spurs are better pairing Kawhi and Parker than pairin
:lol oh now +/- sucks

Yeah, +/- sucks if your looking at it on a per game basis for purposes of comparing lineups

Chinook
01-13-2017, 09:29 AM
Yeah, +/- sucks if your looking at it on a per game basis for purposes of comparing lineups

That's exactly when plus-minus is at its most useful.

dabom
01-13-2017, 09:34 AM
That's exactly when plus-minus is at its most useful.

No it's not. But you wouldn't know anything about basketball though. :lol

dabom
01-13-2017, 09:36 AM
I already know when an argument is wrong if Chinook agrees with it. :lol

Kawhitstorm
01-13-2017, 12:30 PM
And "slaughtered" him if you go net rating -1 vs. -7..

That's called being the tallest midget.:lol

TheGreatYacht
03-09-2017, 10:22 PM
:lol short bus
:lol start Murray
:lol pay Paddy the fatty