PDA

View Full Version : "trump can't be bought"

Adam Lambert
01-12-2017, 09:41 PM
President-elect Donald Trump is praising L.L. Bean heiress Linda Bean for donations that helped his campaign and he's encouraging people to continue shopping there. (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/7eca6025148d4583a70586a0a798570f/latest-trump-praises-ll-bean-heiress-donation?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APBusiness)

:lol shill in chief
:lol drain the swamp
:lol trump voters
:lol $30k advertisement

boutons_deux
01-12-2017, 09:48 PM
Trash breaking rules before he gets to the WH, or maybe he will stay Trash Int/NYC

DMC
01-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Yabba Dabba Do!

hater
01-12-2017, 10:33 PM
President-elect Donald Trump is praising L.L. Bean heiress Linda Bean for donations that helped his campaign and he's encouraging people to continue shopping there. (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/7eca6025148d4583a70586a0a798570f/latest-trump-praises-ll-bean-heiress-donation?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APBusiness)

:lol shill in chief
:lol drain the swamp
:lol trump voters
:lol $30k advertisement

this actually means he's a King tbqh. If his mere saying something makes or break a business, that's being a damn King. got damn!

SnakeBoy
01-12-2017, 10:35 PM
L.L. Bean is a fine American company. Kudos to Trump for trying to protect 5000 workers jobs from butthurt liberals.

:cry Why doesn't the working class vote for us anymore :cry

HI-FI
01-12-2017, 10:43 PM
Better than Hillary getting the spit roast from the oil and banking cartels.

IceColdBrewski
01-12-2017, 10:52 PM
Triggered snowflakes and their cute little boycotting. :lol

baseline bum
01-12-2017, 10:56 PM
Remember when all the Republicans here hated Trump? Now we see it's only because they didn't think he had any shot beating that twat.

DarrinS
01-12-2017, 11:12 PM
Remember when all the Republicans here hated Trump? Now we see it's only because they didn't think he had any shot beating that twat.

I thought he had no shot. Man, was I wrong. Oh well, at least it won't be boring -- this fucktard can't resist twitter. I thought Obama was a narcissist, but this dude takes it to a new level. It still blows my mind thinking about him getting humiliated by Obama during that correspondent's dinner -- and now he's going to be POTUS. Surreal.

baseline bum
01-13-2017, 12:00 AM
I thought he had no shot. Man, was I wrong. Oh well, at least it won't be boring -- this fucktard can't resist twitter. I thought Obama was a narcissist, but this dude takes it to a new level. It still blows my mind thinking about him getting humiliated by Obama during that correspondent's dinner -- and now he's going to be POTUS. Surreal.

I started to think he had a real shot once the Clinton camp got really overconfident after the third debate, how she was shooting for a landslide she could use to claim a mandate. She thought she was going to turn red states blue (instead of blue states red :lol)

Mitch
01-13-2017, 12:03 AM
Beats giving Russia access to 20% of our uranium, tbh

Spurminator
01-13-2017, 12:12 AM
Triggered snowflakes and their cute little boycotting. :lol

Catchphrases make you sound super cool.

Also, #boycottkelloggs and the PTC. Enough said.

DMC
01-13-2017, 12:19 AM
I hate Trump, hate Hillary. Oddly I like Obama better than either of them. I just didn't like some of his policies.

Thread
01-13-2017, 12:22 AM
I hate Trump, hate Hillary. Oddly I like Obama better than either of them. I just didn't like some of his policies.

You got the entire spectrum covered, you shit, you.

Spurminator
01-13-2017, 12:35 AM
Like, where is the line for how bad a President would have to be for the people who seem only interested in revelling in the dismay of their ideological opponents to admit that, yeah, this is pretty shitty? What would it take?

DMC
01-13-2017, 12:36 AM
You got the entire spectrum covered, you shit, you.

I don't like politicians. Never saw one I liked. I would have hated Lincoln.

DMC
01-13-2017, 12:36 AM
Like, where is the line for how bad a President would have to be for the people who seem only interested in revelling in the dismay of their ideological opponents to admit that, yeah, this is pretty shitty? What would it take?

It's just getting warmed up.

rmt
01-13-2017, 12:48 AM
Seems society on a whole is getting worse - why should the presidency be any different?

Thread
01-13-2017, 12:48 AM
I don't like politicians. Never saw one I liked. I would have hated Lincoln.

You stayed just long enough to sop up some of the gravy.

Scat!!!

Thread
01-13-2017, 12:52 AM

Oh, now you want to square the house. Now. Too late. We'll fuck you till you can't move because you fucked us till we couldn't move. I got no problem gettin' fucked. Because I fucked you. And I fuck you now. And I'll fuck you after you fuck me down the line a piece.

mavsfan1000
01-13-2017, 01:38 AM
Y'all make Trump sound so bad. I can't help but grin over his desire for perfection.

DMX7
01-13-2017, 01:40 AM
Y'all make Trump sound so bad. I can't help but grin over his desire for perfection.

I don't think there has ever been a public figured that lied more frequently and with greater magnitude than Trump.

Thread
01-13-2017, 01:43 AM
I don't think there has ever been a public figured that lied more frequently and with greater magnitude than Trump.

BS. The lies have been flying all over this country since JFK days. (We) started down that path and (we) will not stop.

mavsfan1000
01-13-2017, 02:18 AM
What has he lied so much about? He's not even President yet.

SnakeBoy
01-13-2017, 02:20 AM

I can only speak for me but the first thing required is for that person to actually become President before I can judge if they are a shitty President. Until that happens all I can do is laugh at those of you who are melting down because your shitty candidate lost to my shitty candidate.

Wild Cobra
01-13-2017, 03:06 AM

Obama has taken a charity dinner to record lows.

He is the first president to use it as a partisan dump-feast on the opposing party.

What a fucked up piece of shit president.

As much as I disliked Clinton, he has class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9pDyoOYXDY

To add.

Any of you that thinks the correspondence dinner is the right place to be derogatory, are also pieces of shit.

Shame an all of you turds.

Spurminator
01-13-2017, 10:38 AM
I can only speak for me but the first thing required is for that person to actually become President before I can judge if they are a shitty President. Until that happens all I can do is laugh at those of you who are melting down because your shitty candidate lost to my shitty candidate.
Right. So if you hired someone for a job and, during training, they showed themselves to be unhinged and did a 180 on half of the stuff they said during the interview, this wouldn't concern you.

I'm guessing you'll take this approach into the Presidency as well.

:cheer

Spurminator
01-13-2017, 10:39 AM
And he's our shitty candidate now, sport.

DMC
01-13-2017, 10:49 AM
And he's our shitty candidate now, sport.

No, he's the President Elect.

DarrinS
01-13-2017, 10:49 AM

His speaking style is pretty cringeworthy -- especially when you contrast it with Obama. Also, picking fights with people he thinks slighted/insulted him isn't a good look for a president. That being said, I'll try to keep separate what I think about his personality vs. policy and outcomes.

SnakeBoy
01-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Right. So if you hired someone for a job and, during training, they showed themselves to be unhinged and did a 180 on half of the stuff they said during the interview, this wouldn't concern you.

I'm guessing you'll take this approach into the Presidency as well.

:lol yes saying a person has to be President before they can be called a shitty President is cheerleading. Honestly I probably won't say much about whatever Trump does at least on this forum, especially early on. I'll be too busy laughing at your continuous state of meltdown.

In fact just this morning I was listening to a bunch of libs on msnbc express their grave concern that Trump's plans were going to increase the national debt and it didn't matter how I felt about the topic, I just couldn't help but laugh at their new found concerns.

I guess eventually I'll get sick of all the winning, at least that's what I heard somewhere.

boutons_deux
01-13-2017, 11:17 AM
the debt went down under Obama

trash + repugs will horribly increase the debt, see their tax plans and budgets

Spurminator
01-13-2017, 11:19 AM

Exactly.

So not sure why we're still talking about Clinton. My concern over Trump as PEOTUS would be exactly the same even if the Democratic candidate was literally a petrified turd.

Spurminator
01-13-2017, 11:20 AM
:lol yes saying a person has to be President before they can be called a shitty President is cheerleading. Honestly I probably won't say much about whatever Trump does at least on this forum, especially early on. I'll be too busy laughing at your continuous state of meltdown.

In fact just this morning I was listening to a bunch of libs on msnbc express their grave concern that Trump's plans were going to increase the national debt and it didn't matter how I felt about the topic, I just couldn't help but laugh at their new found concerns.

I guess eventually I'll get sick of all the winning, at least that's what I heard somewhere.

Spurminator
01-13-2017, 11:24 AM
His speaking style is pretty cringeworthy -- especially when you contrast it with Obama. Also, picking fights with people he thinks slighted/insulted him isn't a good look for a president. That being said, I'll try to keep separate what I think about his personality vs. policy and outcomes.

Absolutely. It's entirely possible that he ends up being an effective President. I hope he does.

My problem is when people see a press conference like the one a couple of days ago from the future President of their country, or his Twitter feed, and the reaction is "lol lib tears." If he's an effective President, it's going to be in spite of his public persona, not because of it.

SnakeBoy
01-13-2017, 11:26 AM

:lol

Please God, let Trump get 95% of the black vote in 2020. It would be so awesome :lol.

boutons_deux
01-13-2017, 11:36 AM
the best hope for the 99% and the planet is that Trash and the Repugs FAIL totally

boutons_deux
01-13-2017, 11:37 AM
Trash is FOR SALE

Spurminator
01-13-2017, 11:39 AM
If he gets 95% of the black vote after 4 years, he would have likely had the best Presidential term in the history of this country, and he'd have my vote as well.

boutons_deux
01-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Repugs have been the party of racism, white male supremacy for 50 years. that won't change, blacks know who their enemy is

SnakeBoy
01-13-2017, 12:16 PM
My problem is when people see a press conference like the one a couple of days ago from the future President of their country

What was it that upset you at the press conference? Slamming CNN and Buzzfeed?

DarrinS
01-13-2017, 12:21 PM

He doesn't have to win them over like Reagan did, just maybe not being a complete dick would be helpful.

FromWayDowntown
01-13-2017, 12:35 PM

Meh, he still seems to think he's running. If he didn't, he wouldn't be continually comparing himself to Hillary, even as his inauguration is a week away.

(Just realized Spurminator already dealt with this; my bad for not finishing reading the thread before piping up. Carry on.).

FromWayDowntown
01-13-2017, 12:46 PM

I can only speak for myself, but there were several things that I found worrisome (aside from President-Elect Trump's frustrating tendency to speak only in platitudes and generalities, when not insulting people):

1. a lot of what was said by President-Elect Trump and his lawyer on the conflict of interest stuff sounded like an infomercial for how amazingly rich and successful Trump claims to be, which sounds a lot like the first thing that Trump thinks of -- even now -- is Trump.

2. the interaction with the CNN reporter is what it is, but the ultimate effect of that approach to dealing with the media could be that President Trump will refuse to answer questions from anyone who doesn't cover him the way he wants to be covered (this is, I think, a very real possibility), which could put significant pressure on news organizations (or from the boards of corporations that run news organizations) to refrain from legitimate criticisms of Trump (which he seems to be most distressed by) in order to have sufficient access to keep their businesses afloat. There's a whole different discussion in there about corporate ownership of media, but at the end of the day, de facto efforts to silence media or to coerce favorable coverage of political matters is pretty flagrantly contrary to the principles of the First Amendment.

3. related to that, President-Elect Trump seems to think that he can dismiss virtually any criticism of himself now by referring to it as just "fake news," even if what is reported was actually, objectively true. His team seems to think that they can resist any questions that might require defending things for which Trump has been criticized by redirecting the conversation to the biases of the media or by contending that the issue should have remained out of the public sphere and shouldn't be discussed for that reason.

4. President-Elect Trump's absolute unwillingness to be transparent with his business interests and his belief that he could handle the Presidency as a part-time gig while also operating his businesses feel to me like he has no grasp upon either the significance of the office or the public trust that we repose in Presidents.

5. PEOTUS completely blanked on Jeff Sessions' name. For whatever reason, that's just not reassuring to me.

tlongII
01-13-2017, 01:01 PM
I've been satisfied with pretty much everything Trump has done so far.

#WINNING!

SnakeBoy
01-13-2017, 01:06 PM
2. the interaction with the CNN reporter is what it is, but the ultimate effect of that approach to dealing with the media could be that President Trump will refuse to answer questions from anyone who doesn't cover him the way he wants to be covered (this is, I think, a very real possibility), which could put significant pressure on news organizations (or from the boards of corporations that run news organizations) to refrain from legitimate criticisms of Trump (which he seems to be most distressed by) in order to have sufficient access to keep their businesses afloat. There's a whole different discussion in there about corporate ownership of media, but at the end of the day, de facto efforts to silence media or to coerce favorable coverage of political matters is pretty flagrantly contrary to the principles of the First Amendment.

3. related to that, President-Elect Trump seems to think that he can dismiss virtually any criticism of himself now by referring to it as just "fake news," even if what is reported was actually, objectively true. His team seems to think that they can resist any questions that might require defending things for which Trump has been criticized by redirecting the conversation to the biases of the media or by contending that the issue should have remained out of the public sphere and shouldn't be discussed for that reason.

Did any of that bother you when Obama did it? (repeatedly attack Fox news & conservative media)

SnakeBoy
01-13-2017, 01:08 PM
Hollywood to the rescue to help libs get through the next 4 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEj5qPR4t4c

FromWayDowntown
01-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Did any of that bother you when Obama did it? (repeatedly attack Fox news & conservative media)

Yes, at least to the extent that the criticisms of him were valid (and a lot of it was). When the criticism started wading into matters of personality or unfounded attacks on his wife and children, I think he was justified in standing up to that -- as would Trump.

SnakeBoy
01-13-2017, 01:18 PM
Yes, at least to the extent that the criticisms of him were valid (and a lot of it was). When the criticism started wading into matters of personality or unfounded attacks on his wife and children, I think he was justified in standing up to that -- as would Trump.

Fair enough. It didn't bother me when Obama did it and it doesn't bother me when Trump does it. It's the news media (all of it) that turned news into for profit entertainment. Politicians have to respond as a matter of survival.

SnakeBoy
01-13-2017, 01:53 PM

Man I post this on ST and then this shows up on my FB feed

http://i66.tinypic.com/30rmgep.jpg

Damn Russians be watching everything

Chucho
01-13-2017, 02:03 PM
the debt went down under Obama

trash + repugs will horribly increase the debt, see their tax plans and budgets

It nearly tripled under him. Stop spreading lies. Even evil Left propagandists that spread fake news call you the liar you are:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/01/07/the-story-behind-obama-and-the-national-debt-in-7-charts/?utm_term=.83c63214e180

rmt
01-13-2017, 02:25 PM
Hollywood to the rescue to help libs get through the next 4 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEj5qPR4t4c

OT: Saw a Diana Ross concert at Hard Rock Cafe in Hollywood. Other than she has no stamina (costume change in between every other song), she closed the concert with Gaynor's "I Will Survive." Everyone leaving the concert was buzzing about why she chose to end with someone else's song (usually the last song you hear is the one on repeat in your head) - it's not like Ross doesn't have a LONG list of her own songs she could have ended with - weirdest concert I've even been to.

mavsfan1000
01-13-2017, 04:23 PM
Repugs have been the party of racism, white male supremacy for 50 years. that won't change, blacks know who their enemy is
Since Obama made things so much better for the black community. Smh

mavsfan1000
01-13-2017, 04:25 PM
I've been satisfied with pretty much everything Trump has done so far.

#WINNING!
Geniuses can be a bit temperamental. It goes with the territory. Btw fuck Charlie Sheen. Dude wished death on Trump.

tlongII
01-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Geniuses can be a bit temperamental. It goes with the territory. Btw fuck Charlie Sheen. Dude wished death on Trump.

I agree on Charlie Sheen. Doesn't mean I can't use his tagline though.

monosylab1k
01-13-2017, 04:57 PM
What has he lied so much about? He's not even President yet.

Don't be purposely obtuse.

mavsfan1000
01-13-2017, 05:14 PM
Don't be purposely obtuse.
1. Still planning on repealing and replacing Obamacare.
2. Still talking about the Wall. Not a fence.
3. Bringing in a lot of jobs already. The rest can wait. But I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

mavsfan1000
01-13-2017, 05:15 PM
I agree on Charlie Sheen. Doesn't mean I can't use his tagline though.
Fair enough. Was a great line.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-13-2017, 11:18 PM
L.L. Bean is a fine American company. Kudos to Trump for trying to protect 5000 workers jobs from butthurt liberals.

:cry Why doesn't the working class vote for us anymore :cry

:cry government shouldn't pick winners :cry

Board conservatives lack principles.

Winehole23
01-14-2017, 12:04 AM
Where you stand depends on where you sit. Expedience is king, principles change with being in power or out of it.

Winehole23
01-14-2017, 12:06 AM
The power of the moment is apparently content to hasten the agony of the opposition.

#winning!

DMC
01-14-2017, 12:15 AM
Where you stand depends on where you sit. Expedience is king, principles change with being in power or out of it.

Obligatory platitudes... so what?

angrydude
01-14-2017, 01:07 AM
Conservatives are basically rolling over on good economics in exchange for a wall and obamacare being overturned.

Fair deal.

mavsfan1000
01-14-2017, 01:09 AM
Conservatives are basically rolling over on good economics in exchange for a wall and obamacare being overturned.

Fair deal.
And the poor not getting freebies. Which is what Obama caused. Fuck Obama.

monosylab1k
01-14-2017, 01:24 AM
And the brown skins not getting freebies. Which is what Obama caused. Fuck Obama.

Fixed it to what you really mean.

boutons_deux
01-14-2017, 01:24 AM

Fair deal.

Repugs economics will be bad for everybody but BigCorp 1%.

there won't be any fucking wall. Trash LIED, LIES

ElNono
01-14-2017, 01:30 AM

To be fair here, Barry sat down with Fox News (ie: O'Reilly) plenty of times for interviews and he conducted such interviews (O'Reilly too) with the appropriate respect the office of the POTUS demands.

Perhaps Trump needs to learn on the job about proper decorum and the seriousness of his position as the top public servant, and that's understandable, but from what we've seen so far, he has a long ways to get there.

Thread
01-14-2017, 01:32 AM
To be fair here, Barry sat down with Fox News (ie: O'Reilly) plenty of times for interviews and he conducted such interviews (O'Reilly too) with the appropriate respect the office of the POTUS demands.

Perhaps Trump needs to learn on the job about proper decorum and the seriousness of his position as the top public servant, and that's understandable, but from what we've seen so far, he has a long ways to get there.

What a crock of shit.

Thread
01-14-2017, 01:33 AM
And the poor not getting freebies. Which is what Obama caused. Fuck Obama.

The Grand

ElNono
01-14-2017, 01:34 AM
What a crock of shit.

what part? I'll just put this forth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uzJYlbhH54

Thread
01-14-2017, 01:35 AM
what part? I'll just put this forth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uzJYlbhH54

Suffice to quote The Grand:::"Fuck Obama."

mavsfan1000
01-14-2017, 01:41 AM
Fixed it to what you really mean.
Leave it to the left to make everything about race.

mavsfan1000
01-14-2017, 01:42 AM
The Grand
Nice to have you on my side. :toast

ElNono
01-14-2017, 01:43 AM
My point has nothing to do with Obama.... you can go back to prior Republican presidents too if you please. That office demands a certain level of respect and decorum.

Here's Reagan getting grilled...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnpmdVVK2-4

Thread
01-14-2017, 01:56 AM
My point has nothing to do with Obama.... you can go back to prior Republican presidents too if you please. That office demands a certain level of respect and decorum.

Media is rats, vermin. They mean Trump nothing but bad. Why anyone would go with someone who means them nothing but bad is beyond me.

And Reagan hadn't taken their cookie. He'd taken nobody's cookie. He'd wait his turn, patiently. Hillary too had waited her turn, patiently, but, got wiseguyed out it. That's her fault. Next time she'll go first instead of letting Bush go first when they send somebody out into the woods.

ElNono
01-14-2017, 02:01 AM
Media is rats, vermin. They mean Trump nothing but bad. Why anyone would go with someone who means them nothing but bad is beyond me.

And Reagan hadn't taken their cookie. He'd taken nobody's cookie. He'd wait his turn, patiently. Hillary too had waited her turn, patiently, but, got wiseguyed out it. That's her fault. Next time she'll go first instead of letting Bush go first when they send somebody out into the woods.

It doesn't matter how he feels about media or anybody else. He soon will be everybody's president, and that position demands a certain level of respect, even with those you don't agree with. The office of the POTUS isn't Spurstalk...

ElNono
01-14-2017, 02:03 AM
The cop that handed you the traffic ticket probably said "Mr Dale", not "you fucking moron"... he still thinks you're a moron, but he conducts himself the way he has to... that's the difference.

Winehole23
01-14-2017, 02:04 AM
Obligatory platitudes... so what?It's true. Stripped of norms and pretense, power and expedience is about all there is.

SnakeBoy
01-14-2017, 02:05 AM

I'm not going to watch an 8 minute video so if there's a particular part you'll have to point out the time. At the beginning Reagan points to Chris Wallace and then Chris Wallace begins to ask his question. There isn't another reporter screaming and trying to talk over the POTUS. Decorum cuts both ways.

On the Obama interview you posted Obama takes a shot at O'Reilly and Fox news. O'Reilly did not begin screaming and talking over the POTUS. Again, decorum cuts both ways.

At Trumps presser, cnn was told they were going to be iced out because Trump was pissed (off not on). So cnn decided we'll show him, showed up to the press conference hours early with multiple reporters and producers and occupied most of the front row with the intent of forcing Trump to take their questions. Instead they got shat on. I don't have a problem with it. The only part I have a problem with is the Trump team should know better than to have first come seating at his press conference.

Winehole23
01-14-2017, 02:05 AM
Apart from platitudes is there a substantive point to this thread? The OP is all about a platitude.

Thread
01-14-2017, 02:06 AM
The cop that handed you the traffic ticket probably said "Mr Dale", not "you fucking moron"... he still thinks you're a moron, but he conducts himself the way he has to... that's the difference.

I don't pay Camera tickets. It's my religion.

Thread
01-14-2017, 02:08 AM
I'm not going to watch an 8 minute video so if there's a particular part you'll have to point out the time. At the beginning Reagan points to Chris Wallace and then Chris Wallace begins to ask his question. There isn't another reporter screaming and trying to talk over the POTUS. Decorum cuts both ways.

On the Obama interview you posted Obama takes a shot at O'Reilly and Fox news. O'Reilly did not begin screaming and talking over the POTUS. Again, decorum cuts both ways.

At Trumps presser, cnn was told they were going to be iced out because Trump was pissed (off not on). So cnn decided we'll show him, showed up to the press conference hours early with multiple reporters and producers and occupied most of the front row with the intent of forcing Trump to take their questions. Instead they got shat on. I don't have a problem with it. The only part I have a problem with is the Trump team should know better than to have first come seating at his press conference.

Plissken

Winehole23
01-14-2017, 02:08 AM
Power is about getting your own and inflicting pain on adversaries. Right?

All this hogwash about Trump being unbuyable or doing right by the little guy is just that.

Thread
01-14-2017, 02:10 AM

Right.

& don't fret (they'll) be inflicting again before you know it.

ElNono
01-14-2017, 02:10 AM

My point is that he answered, or at least attempted to answer every question... and he did it respectfully, even though he was getting seriously grilled left and right. Some reporters were basically one step away from straight up calling him a liar, and he handled it with the class and seriousness that his office demands. Much like every other president, he understands that media pressers aren't informercials. You're gonna get grilled sometimes, and you have to have the capacity to answer with a certain amount of decorum, or simply graciously answer that you're not going to answer for whatever reason. They're public servants, that's the office they hold. If you don't want to answer, or you can't answer, state it plainly and don't take it personal. His soon-to-be office is not about him personally, it's about the president of all americans.

Winehole23
01-14-2017, 02:16 AM
Right.

& don't fret (they'll) be inflicting again before you know it.Right. Because that's what power is really for.

ElNono
01-14-2017, 02:16 AM
Heck, if it's so easy to rattle him, they're going to keep doing it. It just plays right into the narrative that he's weak minded and out of control.

I'm not even hating, but he needs to learn that now that he's the prez, it's not personal. Emotions gotta stay in check.

Winehole23
01-14-2017, 02:18 AM
Don't hold your breath.

Thread
01-14-2017, 04:36 AM
Right. Because that's what power is really for.

Absolutely. We made that decision together, hand-in-hand.

And we ain't ever goin' back.

Thread
01-14-2017, 04:39 AM
Heck, if it's so easy to rattle him, they're going to keep doing it. It just plays right into the narrative that he's weak minded and out of control.

I'm not even hating, but he needs to learn that now that he's the prez, it's not personal. Emotions gotta stay in check.

Please. It always been personal...for all combatants.

monosylab1k
01-14-2017, 11:11 AM
Leave it to the left to make everything about race.

Thank you for not denying it.

UZER
01-14-2017, 11:56 AM
It doesn't matter how he feels about media or anybody else. He soon will be everybody's president, and that position demands a certain level of respect, even with those you don't agree with. The office of the POTUS isn't Spurstalk...

Funny I felt the same way about Obam going on Kimmel and SNL doing skits, late nite talk show interviews while being the sitting prez, constant "cool" vids with athletes in the Whitehouse with him or Michelle, March madness picks every year on ESPN.

To me, he was trying too much to be cool.

clambake
01-14-2017, 12:10 PM
dale, is it, is content and draped in victory. his mission is complete. he would welcome a rapture or a nuke dropped right on his pod.

he'd be good to go.

DMC
01-14-2017, 12:40 PM
It's true. Stripped of norms and pretense, power and expedience is about all there is.

Platitudes are generally true, but we all know this already.

DMC
01-14-2017, 12:42 PM

All this hogwash about Trump being unbuyable or doing right by the little guy is just that.

Of course. The little guy is little for a reason, and the big guy big.

ElNono
01-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Funny I felt the same way about Obam going on Kimmel and SNL doing skits, late nite talk show interviews while being the sitting prez, constant "cool" vids with athletes in the Whitehouse with him or Michelle, March madness picks every year on ESPN.

To me, he was trying too much to be cool.

You can nick Barry for constantly being in campaign mode, tbh, no doubt about it (although, hate him or love him, he's leaving with approval ratings not seen since Reagan). Dubya loved to go out golfing instead, Reagan loved to do the "talk to the people" TV speeches.

But when it came to pressers, they all showed up, put their president cap on, and took on it. That's all I'm saying.

It' too early to say this is the way it's going to be with Trump, but he gotta learn it's not personal. At the end of the day, it hurts him more than it hurts CNN or whoever media it is. They get a story either way.

boutons_deux
01-14-2017, 01:57 PM
but he gotta learn it's not personal

:lol With Trash, everything is personal, his PERSON is all that matters.

Trump attacks civil rights icon John Lewis. Twitter’s response is PERFECT.

Rep. John Lewis (D-Georgia), in a segment to be aired on this Sunday’s edition of Meet the Press, said he doesn’t view Trump as a “legitimate president (http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/john-lewis-trump-won-t-be-legitimate-president-n706676),” given the widespread allegations of Russian involvement in hacking email accounts associated with top Democratic Party officials.

Lewis also said he would be boycotting Trump’s inauguration, which is the first inauguration he’s skipped since Ronald Reagan’s.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1980294624/DJT_Headshot_V2_bigger.jpgDonald J. Trump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)
(https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)✔@realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)

Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to......
6:50 AM - 14 Jan 2017 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/820251730407473153)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1980294624/DJT_Headshot_V2_bigger.jpgDonald J. Trump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)
(https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)✔@realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)

mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results. All talk, talk, talk - no action or results. Sad!
7:07 AM - 14 Jan 2017 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/820255947956383744)

==============

Trump’s claims that Rep. Lewis’ district was “falling apart” and that he was “all talk, talk, talk – no action or results,” were suitably torn apart by a slew of both liberals and conservatives on Twitter.

CNN commentator Keith Boykin posted a detailed profile of Lewis’ Congressional district, which shows that a high percentage of constituents have college degrees.

Occupy Boston activist Robin Jacks also pointed out that Lewis’ district includes prestigious universities and one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the South.

Others who actually live in the district mocked Trump’s assertion that it was “crime infested.”

(the tweets trashing Trash are fantastic)

http://usuncut.com/politics/twitter-just-demolished-donald-trump-attacking-john-lewis/

Trash is an illegitimate LOSER bastard.

Repugs working hard on reachout to black voters! :lol

in2deep
01-14-2017, 02:21 PM
LOL democrats sending their token uncle Toms as kamikazes :lol

Thread
01-14-2017, 02:31 PM
LOL democrats sending their token uncle Toms as kamikazes :lol

DMC
01-14-2017, 02:59 PM
Their leader crying on stage about unity in his farewell, proceeds to launch attacks no sooner than his foot hits the pavement.

mavsfan1000
01-14-2017, 03:56 PM
How did you come to the conclusion that being poor=black? Sounds like you are the racist one.

monosylab1k
01-14-2017, 03:58 PM
How did you come to the conclusion that being poor=black? Sounds like you are the racist one.

UZER
01-14-2017, 07:04 PM
You can nick Barry for constantly being in campaign mode, tbh, no doubt about it (although, hate him or love him, he's leaving with approval ratings not seen since Reagan). Dubya loved to go out golfing instead, Reagan loved to do the "talk to the people" TV speeches.

But when it came to pressers, they all showed up, put their president cap on, and took on it. That's all I'm saying.

It' too early to say this is the way it's going to be with Trump, but he gotta learn it's not personal. At the end of the day, it hurts him more than it hurts CNN or whoever media it is. They get a story either way.

I don't disagree. I'm just pointing out that, to me, Obam has already lowered the respect bar for sitting president for always wanting to be "cool".

Chris
01-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Trump literally can't do anything without triggering Leftists. :lol

They aren't used to this kind of open honesty and get offended when he fights back using their social media platforms. Propaganda outlets like CNN, ABC, NBC are all shitting their pants because their routing smear campaign rhetoric is backfiring and they have nary a backup plan.

HI-FI
01-14-2017, 09:00 PM
I don't disagree. I'm just pointing out that, to me, Obam has already lowered the respect bar for sitting president for always wanting to be "cool".
Hopefully Trump doesn't emulate this shit, or arming of terrorists.
https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/obam-selfie.gif?w=450&h=401&crop=1

SnakeBoy
01-14-2017, 09:12 PM
You can nick Barry for constantly being in campaign mode, tbh, no doubt about it (although, hate him or love him, he's leaving with approval ratings not seen since Reagan).

lol Phony polls

DMC
01-14-2017, 09:13 PM

They aren't used to this kind of open honesty and get offended when he fights back using their social media platforms. Propaganda outlets like CNN, ABC, NBC are all shitting their pants because their routing smear campaign rhetoric is backfiring and they have nary a backup plan.

Even the repugs say he needs to use talking points and stick to the party narrative, having all his words written by someone else.

Th'Pusher
01-14-2017, 09:30 PM
lol Phony polls

Becuase polls were wrong for an election cycle, now all polls are "phony"

:lol solid logic

ElNono
01-14-2017, 09:49 PM
lol Phony polls

You could say that, but it's undeniable that at least Dems pretty much loved him all the way to the end, flaws and all. You really can't say that about Republicans and dubya...

And I'm no fan of Barry either, just calling a spade a spade...

Splits
01-14-2017, 10:48 PM
Becuase polls were wrong for an election cycle, now all polls are "phony"

:lol solid logic

The polls were wrong? They predicted a 3-4% point loss. He lost by 2.1%. Within the margin of error.

SnakeBoy
01-14-2017, 11:02 PM
Everything is fine. The Democratic Party is still on the verge of permanent one party rule.

Thread
01-14-2017, 11:16 PM

Except to implore him and cross their fingers that he'll give up the Twitter after Friday.

Thread
01-14-2017, 11:17 PM
The polls were wrong? They predicted a 3-4% point loss. He lost by 2.1%. Within the margin of error.

Couldn't even bust a Suns nut this afternoon. You piss pot, you. I ought to take that driver you gifted me and beat all manner.

Chris
01-14-2017, 11:55 PM
Except to implore him and cross their fingers that he'll give up the Twitter after Friday.

Meanwhile Obama deploys 4000 troops in Poland and issues out more executive orders like hot cakes. Rosie calls for a Hollywood boycott and martial law. Radical leftists are calling for mass rioting on the 20th. Cue the Soros flash mobs. Obama is doing his best to make this a smooth transition for the President Elect :lol The amount of disrespect Trump gets from Media and their Hollywood cronies is completely unwarranted and absolutely off the charts.

Th'Pusher
01-14-2017, 11:58 PM

Fair enough, but generally speaking most pundits (and Donald Trump :lol) thought Hillary had it won.

Thread
01-15-2017, 12:05 AM
Meanwhile Obama deploys 4000 troops in Poland and issues out more executive orders like hot cakes. Rosie calls for a Hollywood boycott and martial law. Radical leftists are calling for mass rioting on the 20th. Cue the Soros flash mobs. Obama is doing his best to make this a smooth transition for the President Elect :lol The amount of disrespect Trump gets from Media and their Hollywood cronies is completely unwarranted and absolutely off the charts.

I know. What a hump to do that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2I601wVQAA65_p.jpg

Splits
01-15-2017, 12:21 AM
Fair enough, but generally speaking most pundits (and Donald Trump :lol) thought Hillary had it won.

Well, she did obtain 2.8 million more votes than the illegitimate one. The polls accurately predicted that outcome.

mavsfan1000
01-15-2017, 12:51 AM
Such a Libtard. Just because I look out for myself. That doesn't make me racist. It might be true Trump helps the working class more than Obama. And less free handouts to those not working. Poor whites as well need to get a better job or a job. Time to Make America Work Again!

baseline bum
01-15-2017, 01:05 AM

Most pundits don't seem to understand the difference between dependent and independent random variables and kept acting like Trump had to win 7 or 8 coinflips. I don't know how many times I heard these people say the electoral math didn't favor him, as if Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania didn't have a lot of the same concerns that would push them to having a very correlated vote.

Th'Pusher
01-15-2017, 01:07 AM
Most pundits don't seem to understand the difference between dependent and independent random variables and kept acting like Trump had to win 7 or 8 coinflips. I don't know how many times I heard these people say the electoral math didn't favor him, as if Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania didn't have a lot of the same concerns that would push them to having a very correlated vote.

All goes to support my position that polls aren't phony as snakeboy asserted.

DMC
01-15-2017, 01:10 AM
Well, she did obtain 2.8 million more votes than the illegitimate one. The polls accurately predicted that outcome.

No one needed polls to know Hillary would win in California where most of the popular vote backwash comes from.

DMC
01-15-2017, 01:11 AM

That's like a 50% margin of error.

baseline bum
01-15-2017, 01:12 AM
All goes to support my position that polls aren't phony as snakeboy asserted.

Yeah the polls were off by about what they usually are. I remember Silver kept writing about how disastrous a 1.5-2 point swing the other way could be to Clinton when she was up 4-5 points and how fragile that blue wall of hers (that ended up going entirely red) was.

Splits
01-15-2017, 01:15 AM

lol please tell me you're not this stupid. you don't even know what "margin of error" means?

i look forward to you providing any scientific poll that claim a MoE of 1%

Splits
01-15-2017, 01:57 AM
No one needed polls to know Hillary would win in California where most of the popular vote backwash comes from.

yes. There's a long history of "one person one vote unless you live in the South or Rust Belt, then your vote counts more" in this country

Thread
01-15-2017, 12:24 PM
yes. There's a long history of "one person one vote unless you live in the South or Rust Belt, then your vote counts more" in this country

& Bannon knew it.

"...the greatest people who has ever trod this earth."

Thread
01-15-2017, 12:26 PM

CA. should farm/fan out/in 3 million of their pop to the Red Wall, sweetheart.

Chop/chop!!!

Boston Pancake
01-15-2017, 12:57 PM

:lmao

DMC
01-15-2017, 01:13 PM
lol please tell me you're not this stupid. you don't even know what "margin of error" means?

i look forward to you providing any scientific poll that claim a MoE of 1%

Explain

Reck
01-15-2017, 01:18 PM
50% margin of error. :lmao

I always knew DMC was intellectually challenged but damn.

DMC
01-15-2017, 01:25 PM

Explain

FuzzyLumpkins
01-16-2017, 06:10 PM

I like it when he calls other people pseudo-intellectuals.

rmt
01-16-2017, 06:31 PM
And no one will explain