PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans: videotapped beating

ObiwanGinobili
10-10-2005, 08:13 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/09/taped.beatings.ap/index.html

Police charged with battery in New Orleans
3 arrested after subduing 64-year-old, confronting camera crew

Monday, October 10, 2005; Posted: 8:45 a.m. EDT (12:45 GMT)

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (AP) -- Three police officers in New Orleans were charged with battery Sunday after an incident in which two repeatedly struck a 64-year-old man accused of public intoxication as another officer confronted a TV producer.

A cameraman taped the confrontations.

The three officers were suspended without pay, then released and ordered to appear in court at a later date, Capt. Marlon Defillo said.

"We have great concern with what we saw this morning," Defillo said after he and about a dozen other high-ranking police department officials watched the Associated Press Television News footage Sunday. "It's a troubling tape, no doubt about it. ... This department will take immediate action." (Watch violent arrest. View discretion advised -- 2:14)

The charges come as the department, long plagued by allegations of brutality and corruption, struggles with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and the resignation last month of Police Superintendent Eddie Compass.

The APTN tape shows an officer hitting the man at least four times in the head Saturday night as he stood outside a bar near Bourbon Street. The suspect, Robert Davis, appeared to resist, twisting and flailing as he was dragged to the ground by four officers. Another of the four officers then kneed Davis and punched him twice. Davis was face-down on the sidewalk with blood streaming down his arm and into the gutter.

Meanwhile, a fifth officer ordered APTN producer Rich Matthews and the cameraman to stop recording. When Matthews held up his credentials and explained he was working, the officer grabbed the producer, leaned him backward over a car, jabbed him in the stomach and unleashed a profanity-laced tirade.

"I've been here for six weeks trying to keep ... alive. ... Go home!" shouted the officer, who later identified himself as S.M. Smith.

Defillo identified the patrolmen as Stuart Smith, Lance Schilling and Robert Evangelist. Smith is an eight-year veteran of the department, and the other officers have each been on the force for three years, he said.

Police said Davis, 64, of New Orleans, was booked on public intoxication, resisting arrest, battery on a police officer and public intimidation. He was treated at a hospital and released into police custody.

A mug shot of Davis, provided by a jailer, showed him with his right eye swollen shut, an apparent abrasion on the left side of his neck and a cut on his right temple.

"The incidents taped by our cameraman are extremely troubling," said Mike Silverman, AP's managing editor. "We are heartened that the police department is taking them seriously and promising a thorough investigation."

Davis, who is black, was subdued at the intersection of Conti and Bourbon streets. Three of the officers appeared to be white, and the other is light skinned. The officer who hit Matthews is white. Defillo said race was not an issue.

Three of the five officers -- including Smith -- are New Orleans officers, and two others appeared to be federal officers. Numerous agencies have sent police to help with patrols in the aftermath of Katrina.

Under normal circumstances, it takes unusually offensive behavior to trigger an arrest on Bourbon Street. But New Orleans police have been working under stressful conditions since the hurricane.

Officers slept in their cars and worked 24-hour shifts after the storm. Three-quarters lost their homes and their families are scattered across the country.

"Our police officers are working under some very trying times," Defillo said. "So it's a difficult time, but it doesn't excuse what our jobs are supposed to be."

Many officers deserted their posts in the days after Katrina, and some were accused of joining in the looting that broke out. At least two committed suicide.

Conditions have improved -- officers now have beds on a cruise ship -- but they don't have private rooms and are still working five, 12-hour days a week.

Compass, the police superintendent, resigned September 27. Despite more than 10 years of reform efforts dating to before he took office, police were dogged by allegations of brutality and corruption.

On Friday, state authorities said they were investigating allegations that New Orleans police broke into a dealership and made off with nearly 200 cars -- including 41 new Cadillacs -- as the storm closed in.

__________________________________________________ ________

anyone see this story and the video??
the video was nasty.
sad to say I saw it during breakfast... I may not be albe to eat agin untill lunch.

gospursgojas
10-10-2005, 08:16 AM
I saw the video this morn... and it doesn't show what the drunk guy did before the cops were beating him. I dont know if what the drunk guy did was enough for them to beat him like that, but, hell, I know those cops aren't taking any type of shit right now....

Al Sharpton
10-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Why must you guys always show a Black man getting a beat down? You all get off to that shit don't you? Show some footage of some cracker getting his ass kicked once and awhile, If i wanted to see a black man getting beat ? I would go rent Roots.

gospursgojas
10-10-2005, 08:22 AM
Why must you guys always show a Black man getting a beat down? You all get off to that shit don't you? Show some footage of some cracker getting his ass kicked once and awhile, If i wanted to see a black man getting beat ? I would go rent Roots.

Mouse, I think I saw your girl on the net earlier....

http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?ID=244

TheWriter
I saw the video this morn... and it doesn't show what the drunk guy did before the cops were beating him. I dont know if what the drunk guy did was enough for them to beat him like that, but, hell, I know those cops aren't taking any type of shit right now....

Yeah, those three or four cops needed to use that force on a 64 YEAR OLD MAN.

He could have scratched them to death or something.

I wonder what that AP guy did to be slammed againts a car and held by throat.

Oh, he didn't want to leave.

Fucker should have had his legs broken.

ObiwanGinobili
i've seen drunk dudes do some pretty shitty stuff. and I've seen them egging cops on.
I can just imagine how that'd go down in NO.. since these guys have been on the job for weeks straight thru a national emergency and have lost everythign they have.
but cops are still people too and they fuck up. to me this is a huge fuck up.
They needed to subdue him.. not donate his blood to the sidewalk.

It reminds me of a story i saw a few weks back about phsycological services available for the 1st responders and the ongoing law enforcement personel..... how there isn;t much and they are not getting what they need and are working wwaaaaaaay toooo much.
I wonder if there is some kind of "exchange a cop" program in place on a local state or national level that NO could take advantage of..... kinda like there is for firefighters and EMT's.

gospursgojas
10-10-2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah, those three or four cops needed to use that force on a 64 YEAR OLD MAN.

He could have scratched them to death or something.

A 64 year old man on some coke can fuck you up....
Not saying he was, but like I said we dont know what happened before the camera was shooting.....

TheWriter
10-10-2005, 08:27 AM
A 64 year old man on some coke can fuck you up....
Not saying he was, but like I said we dont know what happened before the camera was shooting.....

A 64 year old man will fuck you up if he is on coke?

Yeah, if your a 12 year old girl and he has a bat.

Give me a break, it didn't take 4 guys to beat the ever loving crap out of him in order to "arrest" him.

And explain the AP guy who did nothing but "not leave the scene" and was pushed in a car and then held there by the throat.

gospursgojas
10-10-2005, 08:33 AM
A 64 year old man will fuck you up if he is on coke?

Yeah, if your a 12 year old girl and he has a bat.

Give me a break, it didn't take 4 guys to beat the ever loving crap out of him in order to "arrest" him.

And explain the AP guy who did nothing but "not leave the scene" and was pushed in a car and then held there by the throat.

The AP guy probally told the cop something...Ok have the drunk 64 year old in front of your business, driving away bussiness, and then go outside and tellthe cops to give him a break.....

It pisses me off that the only time a cop will make the news is when he supposably does something wrong, and people like Buddy Holly jump all over it..... Dont let the media make your opinion of the world for you.... For this story Im sure there are about 5 other stories of heroism of cops that happend just last night in the country but this one makes the nat'l news....

TheWriter
10-10-2005, 08:39 AM
The AP guy probally told the cop something...

Great reason to abuse them. :rolleyes

It pisses me off that the only time a cop will make the news is when he supposably does something wrong

That's because its something they're not supposed to be doing. If the only time police officers (for someone defending them you should know police officers hate being called cops) made the news was when they did something right, they'd be the only thing the news showed. It's unusal when the police screw up, and when they do, they brought out on it, esp in this case when video captures what went down.

Did you see the video, unless the 64 year old man was Superman, there's no reason to have him handcuffed and against a wall punching him senselessly.

Lets be real about this, these police officers were at a boiling point, and they were triggered. They took out all the rage they built up on a guy who is 64 years old.

big sac
10-10-2005, 08:51 AM
:depressed

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2005, 10:13 AM
The AP guy probally told the cop something...Ok have the drunk 64 year old in front of your business, driving away bussiness, and then go outside and tellthe cops to give him a break.....

It pisses me off that the only time a cop will make the news is when he supposably does something wrong, and people like Buddy Holly jump all over it..... Dont let the media make your opinion of the world for you.... For this story Im sure there are about 5 other stories of heroism of cops that happend just last night in the country but this one makes the nat'l news....
I saw the video, and there is NOTHING!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! he could have done to merit that kind of a beating!! Policemen are supposed to use only enough force to subdue, NOT PUNISH! The way that cop was beating on that old man was barbaric! He should be fired, if not imprisoned! PERIOD!

TheWriter
10-10-2005, 10:40 AM
I saw the video, and there is NOTHING!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! he could have done to merit that kind of a beating!! Policemen are supposed to use only enough force to subdue, NOT PUNISH! The way that cop was beating on that old man was barbaric! He should be fired, if not imprisoned! PERIOD!

But he... he... said shut up. :rolleyes :spin :depressed

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 10:54 AM
These cops need some slack cut. They've had a hellish job and they've stayed on their job when half of their coworkers have run away holding their nuts. I haven't seen the video very well - I just got a glance at it - but videos don't always tell the whole story.

TheWriter
10-10-2005, 11:06 AM
These cops need some slack cut. They've had a hellish job and they've stayed on their job when half of their coworkers have run away holding their nuts. I haven't seen the video very well - I just got a glance at it - but videos don't always tell the whole story.

Well, the video does tell the whole story, unless Robert Davis had a knife he was trying to stab the policemen with while they had him against the wall, I see no reason to punch the guy repeatedly in the head. Then put him on the floor and kick him.

Have you seen the footage taken from the balconey? He's face down on the ground in a large puddle of his own blood.

All for being "drunk" in fucking downtown New Orleans, the French QT, and for what, not putting his hands behind his back fast enough?

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2005, 11:41 AM
For anyone who still thinks that beating was justified, check out the videos in this CNN article!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/10/taped.beatings.ap/index.html

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 11:48 AM
I haven't seen the beating video in its entirety and I'm sure as hell not going to base my opinions on your observations, Buddy.

Either way, like I said the stress these cops have been under has contributed to this without a doubt and they need to be cut some slack.

TheWriter
10-10-2005, 11:53 AM
I haven't seen the beating video in its entirety and I'm sure as hell not going to base my opinions on your observations, Buddy.

Don't, but unlike you, I've seen the footage, from two different angles.

Not to mention the extra footage of a AP journalist being thrown up against a car and held at the throat.

mouse
10-10-2005, 11:55 AM
These cops need some slack cut. They've had a hellish job

So has the EMS the Doctors, The garbage men, etc......do they get a free pass to beat on the first nigro they see?

and they've stayed on their job when half of their coworkers have run away holding their nuts.

If all they can do is use drunk 60 year old men as punching bags? then they are better off not being there, As for the ones who stayed? let me get my Violyn, That's their Job, if they don't like it they should have went to Barber collage, They make good money, and how come the other officers did not join in on the beating?

I haven't seen the video very well -

Well I have,

I just got a glance at it

well you need a VCR and that way you can slow it down and count the punch's to the head, bring a caculator,

-
but videos don't always tell the whole story.

They don't but I do heres the clip notes.

Black drunk man drunk out of his black drunk mind walks the streets of N.O.

Cop comes by and and says "you black bastard! your drunk out of your Black bastard mind" Now turn around and let me beat your head about 50 times since I have alot of stress and since folks like Manny say it's ok to get rid of my stress on the first drunk black asshole I see,"

Drunk staggering black man drunk out of his black drunk mind says "Suck my dick" Two cops bring his drunk black ass down , then they put cuffs on his drunk black ass, cop # 3 stands him up and starts to beat his black drunk head,

Punch #1 Cop forgets he is a cop
Punch #2 Cop has lots of stress
Punch #3 Cop hates ######s
Punch #4 Cop is starting to like this
Punch #5 Cop can't figure out why drunk Nigro is still on his feet.
Punch #6 Cop begins with reason #1
Punch #7 Cop in in a grove now and is getting his second wind,
Punch #8 thru #20 Cop forgets there is a news crew filming every punch
Punch #20 thru 50 are done back at the station where TV crew can't film.

Did I miss any punches? sorry but sometimes Video does not show the whole story. there could have been a kick in there somewhere also.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2005, 11:56 AM

Either way, like I said the stress these cops have been under has contributed to this without a doubt and they need to be cut some slack.
Manny, I posted the article with the links to the videos. Watch them, and then base your opinions on that

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Do they show the entire thing happening with whatever the man did - if anything - to draw the cops attention?

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 11:58 AM
So has the EMS the Doctors, The garbage men, etc......do they get a free pass to beat on the first nigro they see?

If all they can do is use drunk 60 year old men as punching bags? then they are better off not being there, As for the ones who stayed? let me get my Violyn, That's their Job, if they don't like it they should have went to Barber collage, They make good money, and how come the other officers did not join in on the beating?

Well I have,

well you need a VCR and that way you can slow it down and count the punch's to the head, bring a caculator,

-

They don't but I do heres the clip notes.

Black drunk man drunk out of his black drunk mind walks the streets of N.O.

Cop comes by and and says "you black bastard! your drunk out of your Black bastard mind" Now turn around and let me beat your head about 50 times since I have alot of strees and since folks like Manny say it's ok to get rid of my strees on the first drunk black asshole I see,"

Drunk staggering black man drunk out of his black drunk mind says "Suck my dick" Two cops bring his drunk black ass down , then they put cuffs on his drunk black ass, cop # 3 stands him up and starts to beat his black drunk head,

Punch #1 Cop forgets he is a cop
Punch #2 Cop has lots of strees
Punch #3 Cop hates ######s
Punch #4 Cop is starting to like this
Punch #5 Cop can't figure out why drunk Nigro is still on his feet.
Punch #6 Cop begins with reason #1
Punch #7 Cop in in a grove now and is getting his second wind,
Punch #8 thru #20 Cop forgets there is a news crew filming every punch
Punch #20 thru 50 are done back at the station where TV crew can't film.

Did I miss any punches? sorry but sometimes Video does not show the whole story. there could have been a kick in there somewhere also.
Mouse, you're being an idiot. But whats new, right?

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Do they show the entire thing happening with whatever the man did - if anything - to draw the cops attention? are you serious??? WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER WHAT HE DID!?? At the time of the video, the man was being held by four men, don't you think they could have subdued him without bashing his face in??? Come on Manny!

Oh, and the guy did not have a weapon

Spurminator
10-10-2005, 12:00 PM
It looks like he was being a bit incooperative with the arrest while they tried to restrain him, but I didn't really see anything that warranted punching him in the face repeatedly.

I'm just glad the good people of New Orleans were protected from the danger of a doped-up cokehead roaming the streets.

mouse
10-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Mouse, you're being an idiot. But whats new, right?

Manny just say you hate ######s so we don't waste our time trying to teach you law.

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Manny just say you hate ######s so we don't waste our time trying to teach you law.
I hate them so much I don't use that word.

Hook Dem
10-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Here comes my conservative ass siding with Mouse and Manumania. This is just wrong! Right is right and wrong is wrong! There was no need for the beating!

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 12:18 PM
are you serious??? WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER WHAT HE DID!?? At the time of the video, the man was being held by four men, don't you think they could have subdued him without bashing his face in??? Come on Manny!

Oh, and the guy did not have a weapon
Yeah I'm being serious. The situation is only viewed in the proper context when you put it everything that led up to it. That includes the stress these cops are under, how overworked they are, and anything the man did prior to the beating/arrest.

The fact is this guy may have had a history with these cops as well. A lot of the time these cops end up arresting the same men he may have pulled something.

When the police subdue someone, it is violent. I don't know what police tactics are, but I'd imagine that hitting a resisting offender might be part of them. You don't know if the guy is trying to pull out a knife or anything else.

It is like the Rodney King situatoin. Everyone knows the cops kicked the shit out of him, but how many people know what Rodney did that led up to that?

That being said, I'll look at the videos when I get home. I'm not justifying anything the cops did, I'm just saying that when things of this nature happen, the media loves to make more out of it than it has to be. Especially when one of their own was pushed and told to go home.

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Oh, and for those of you thinking that someone on some serious drugs can't do damage, you're fucking nuts. Throw some coke/meth/pcp or a variety of other drugs into certain people and they can/will do a lot they woudln't normally do. That includes 60 year old men.

Not every drug is weed.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Oh, and for those of you thinking that someone on some serious drugs can't do damage, you're fucking nuts. Throw some coke/meth/pcp or a variety of other drugs into certain people and they can/will do a lot they woudln't normally do. That includes 60 year old men.

Not every drug is weed.
Manny, watch the videos and then post again. I'm sure your point of view will have changed by then.

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 12:24 PM
"I've been here for six weeks trying to keep ... alive. ... Go home!" shouted the officer, who identified himself as S.M. Smith.

Stress.

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Manny, watch the videos and then post again. I'm sure your point of view will have changed by then.
I just watched the first one. You can't really see anything with the horse in the way.

But either way, what I want is the unedited video. Not the one from CNN with edited footage and mixed in interviews. You don't think CNN might be trying to generate the most outrage for ratings, do you?

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 12:26 PM
And my point of view on what a person can do while under the influence won't have changed.

Spurminator
10-10-2005, 12:29 PM
You could say the same about alcohol. 99.99% of the time they end up just roaming around looking stupid, like this guy. And if he does need to be hauled off, why didn't they use tazers?

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Don't take my posts as justification of any beating, because that is not what I'm doing. I don't know if tasers are part of the NOPD's procdures. There are a lot of unknowns.

I pose this question though: If it comes out they followed standard procedure for subduing a suspect, who is at fault? Them? Or the procedures? Or is there anyone at fault?

Right now these officers probably feel so sold out. They have the talking heads in their department throwing them to the dogs because they can't afford a political confrontation, yet they're part of the few that actually stuck it out and didn't desert. It's fucked up all around.

I'm no fan of cops, but these guys aren't some assholes busting a party or pulling someone over in a rich white neighborhood due to the color of their skin. These guys are basically in what amounts to a disaster area with insane stress.

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 12:37 PM
You could say the same about alcohol. 99.99% of the time they end up just roaming around looking stupid, like this guy. And if he does need to be hauled off, why didn't they use tazers? The effects of cocain and alcohol are no where near the same. I'm no doctor but I'm guessing that one being a depressent and the other doing quite the opposite to your body would render the situations very different.

Stimulants can have insane effects.

mouse
10-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Hey Manny stop by my place later I have the Rodney king beating on VHS. we can watch it in slomo while we listen to Pink Floyd

Spurminator
10-10-2005, 12:47 PM
The effects may be different internally, but generally the outside behavior is pretty similar. Certainly in the video the man looks like your garden variety drunk.

mouse
10-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Look all BS aside, The man could have been on every drug in the world,
he could have been Satan/BTK killer all in one, That does not mean you have the right to Beat on a persons face that is Handcuffed who can't at least protect their own face,

If That was the case then 6th Street should have First Aid stations on every corner, I have seen folks drunk off there ass that can barely walk,

If you think that The Cops where right with the 25 punch in the face event? Then what will you say later when he walks away with a 25 million dollar law suit?

The only sad thing about this whole mess? I get drunk all the time , why can't I find a cop in this town to beat my ass? I could sure use the money.

Mixability
10-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Manny doesn't care about Black people....

:lol

all jokes aside, I agree with Manny on this one, you have to be there to know what really happened. I wouldn't choose either side based on what I've seen.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Give me a break! I'm preety damn sure punching a suspect in the face several times is NOT part of the standard procedure! Are you kidding me??? If you're under fucking stress, then QUIT!! They do not have the right to take it out on some old guy, even if that old guy is breaking the law! They could have subdued him without bashing his face in! THEY WERE FOUR!! FOUR POLICEMEN!! Unless you think the 64 year old fart had superhuman strength, there is NO WAY they could not have subdued him with FOUR men!

mouse
10-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah I'm being serious. The situation is only viewed in the proper context when you put it everything that led up to it. That includes the stress these cops are under, how overworked they are, and anything the man did prior to the beating/arrest.

sorry brah but that word Stress is being over used, You have to come up with something better, The troops in Iraq have stress also and yet they are not allowed to beat on the prisoners, I have a feeling your ready to snap at your Job and your setting yourself up for a strong defense, You want folks to read later after you go on your killing spree at work that Manny did talk about stress alot your Honor, we have the posts to prove it,

The fact is this guy may have had a history with these cops as well. A lot of the time these cops end up arresting the same men he may have pulled something.

That is all void after he is handcuffed, after he has the cuffs on he no longer any type of a threat that warrants 35 blows to the face,

When the police subdue someone, it is violent. I don't know what police tactics are, but I'd imagine that hitting a resisting offender might be part of them. You don't know if the guy is trying to pull out a knife or anything else.

once again this took place after the cuffs were on, and besides the chief of police said there is nothing in the training manual that talks about hitting someone in the face,

It is like the Rodney King situation. Everyone knows the cops kicked the shit out of him, but how many people know what Rodney did that led up to that?

so In your words there are reasons Americans should get beat by cops,
why don't you tell us one reason that Rodney King should get beat by 5 cops? I would like to know, I am sure the LA police department could have used you in the court room.

That being said, I'll look at the videos when I get home.
I'm sure you can't wait, you must have the pop corn all ready in the micro wave, I hope you enjoy the show,

I'm not justifying anything the cops did
Dude we have 2 pages of you doing just that :lmao

I'm just saying that when things of this nature happen, the media loves to make more out of it than it has to be.

your right they should of had Geraldo there as they insert sound effects to make it seem like a real beating, I suppose those folks starving on that bridge during the floods where just really acting like is was worst off than it really was, it was the Media that put those dead bodies on the side of the road for extra special effects.

Especially when one of their own was pushed and told to go home. Psssssssssst! I think he is home he lives in America, maybe you think your still in Cuba where the press has no rights,

BTW he was not just pushed, but according to you and coach Bobby Knight putting your hands around some ones neck is just a gentle push,

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Give me a break! I'm preety damn sure punching a suspect in the face several times is NOT part of the standard procedure! Are you kidding me??? If you're under fucking stress, then QUIT!! They do not have the right to take it out on some old guy, even if that old guy is breaking the law! They could have subdued him without bashing his face in! THEY WERE FOUR!! FOUR POLICEMEN!! Unless you think the 64 year old fart had superhuman strength, there is NO WAY they could not have subdued him with FOUR men!
Yeah, it is pretty fucking easy to be self righteous from where you're sitting, right? I mean it is easy for you to advocate for them quiting when you don't care about it and its not your home, right?

Give me a fucking break.

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Mouse, you can't read. I'm not going to sit here and argue with someone who has trouble understanding very simple things I say.

mouse
10-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Manny doesn't care about Black people....

:lol

all jokes aside, I agree with Manny on this one, you have to be there to know what really happened. I wouldn't choose either side based on what I've seen.

Psssssst! you and Manny might want to check out Mervins this weekend they are having a white sale on thier pillow cases.

mouse
10-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Mouse, you can't read. I'm not going to sit here and argue with someone who has trouble understanding very simple things I say.

Translation: I am getting my ass waxed by some unemplyed midget and it's embarassing.

Dude we all can read what your saying 60 year old Black man gets a beat down and he deserved it, time to move on

I think we got your point :lmao

Horry For 3!
10-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Damn, that is fucked up. I just saw the video on CNN.

Horry For 3!
10-10-2005, 01:44 PM
I would of whipped those cops ass, I hate cops.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah, it is pretty fucking easy to be self righteous from where you're sitting, right? I mean it is easy for you to advocate for them quiting when you don't care about it and its not your home, right?

Give me a fucking break. Well quitting is a hell of a better option than beating people up, don't you think?? There is nothing self-righteous about it!

mouse
10-10-2005, 02:25 PM
After carefully reading Mannys posts? I have to say That Black man got what he deserved.IN fact he got off easy, Thank you Manny for showing me the light, I am sorry I took a stand for the wrong side, I don't know what i was thinking, I guess I pictured that man as T park and every punch was for a poster that he pissed off,

can we still be friends?

attyjackiechiles
10-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Stress my ass!!

This man's face is my case.

That beating was totally inappropriate. It was crude, lewd, viscious, salacious, outrageous!

ObiwanGinobili
10-10-2005, 02:48 PM
the cops appeared in court today nad pled not-guilty. they are out on bond.
the interim police commisioner said he "will nto tolerate trouble makers" on his force but is reserving judgement of these 4 men untill their guilt is determined in court.

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Blah Blah Blah Manny's changed even though we don't even know him and he hates black people blah blah blah.

Right.

GoldToe
10-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Those cops really socked it to that old man.
Uncalled for from what I can see.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
10-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Translation: I am getting my ass waxed by some unemplyed midget and it's embarassing.

Dude we all can read what your saying 60 year old Black man gets a beat down and he deserved it, time to move on

I think we got your point :lmao

Ohhh shit, what a great way to start a Monday, tooo funny!

Cops are trained to deal with stress, if they can't do it they need to get the fuck out. Yeah that's easy for me to say, but I ain't a cop, fuck drama.

They were arrested by thier fellow officers for assault. I'd say that's a pretty good indication they fucked up. You know damn well, if you were on coke and you got a beat down while your hands were cuffed you'd be screaming police brutality.

mouse
10-10-2005, 11:47 PM
I don't really blame Manny if he feels that was not a true beat down,
After all he thought the Movie passion was just another hazing. :lmao

MannyIsGod
10-11-2005, 12:03 AM
I don't really blame Manny if he feels that was not a true beat down,
After all he thought the Movie passion was just another hazing. :lmao
Alright, maybe you're unemployed because you can't read a fucking job application. If you can go back and find one place in this thread where I said it was either a justified beating or not that bad. I never said anything like that, but you can't seem to get that through your head.

gospursgojas
10-11-2005, 04:13 AM
I would of whipped those cops ass, I hate cops.

Ok well when you are getting robbed at gunpoint and cop shows up to save your ass, tell him that....

New Orleans is a place on the edge right now... it can very easily turn into utter chaos. The Police there are being hard on everything right now to prevent that from happening. Im glad none of you all are police chiefs b/c we would have some pansy ass cops running around.

mouse
10-11-2005, 07:38 AM
Alright, maybe you're unemployed because you can't read a fucking job application. If you can go back and find one place in this thread where I said it was either a justified beating or not that bad. I never said anything like that, but you can't seem to get that through your head.

Bro we already know your hate towards black people, now you don't like people who can't read as well as you can? And what is with all the curse words? Are you in the process of a major meltdown?

Are you having personal issues we are not aware of? If so? just say so brah. The last thing I need to be responsible for another suicide, did you lose the rent payment to your doubble wide betting on the Eagles? Is this even the real Manny?

The reason I ask is , I have never seen you bail out on a topic using the Bla Bla Bla card Your known for your talent for the use of talking the talk, Didn't you win some sort of Blog award at this very site?

Anyway you have defended the cops on almost every page, It could take me days before I can quote every word but I guess I can give it a shot,

in this next quote you blame the drugs as why he got beat,

Not every drug is weed.

mouse
10-11-2005, 07:46 AM
You ask if I can read? Brah can you see? all you need is a TV, your the only person on earth that did not see a man get hit 40 times in the head,

here is another crazy quote,

they followed standard procedure for subduing a suspect,

Priceless :lmao

mouse
10-11-2005, 07:51 AM
I pose this question though: If it comes out they followed standard procedure for subduing a suspect, who is at fault? Them? Or the procedures? Or is there anyone at fault?

Dude your wasting your talent, you need to be a lawer. you could defend Saddam.
after all he was just following procedures, who is at fault? Or is there anyone at fault?

you good brah , I give you that :lmao

mouse
10-11-2005, 07:56 AM
This quote is followed by Manny's quote

I just watched You can't really see anything

:lmao

Steve Perry
10-11-2005, 03:05 PM
I bet if it was a Mexican? Manny would be all over this shit :lmao

TheSuckUp
10-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Police Officers are our friends and must be obeyed!

Looter
10-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Funny I didn't see any the night I was looting, I guess the looted before me.

mouse
10-24-2005, 12:46 AM
any updates on this story?