PDA

View Full Version : Trump raises millions to cover inauguration's steep costs

SnakeBoy
01-13-2017, 09:56 PM
Trump's Presidential Inaugural Committee has raised a record $90 million-plus in private donations, far more than President Barack Obama's two inaugural committees. They collected $55 million in 2009 and $43 million in 2013, and had some left over on the first go-round.

But while Trump has raised more money for his inauguration than any president in history, he's aiming to do less with it. Lead inaugural planner Tom Barrack said this week the Trump team wants to avoid a "circus-like atmosphere" in favor of a more "back to work" mindset that surrounds Trump "with the soft sensuality of the place."

baseline bum
01-13-2017, 10:02 PM
Soft sensuality? So he's hiring strippers?

SnakeBoy
01-13-2017, 10:29 PM

A lot of them.

boutons_deux
01-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Trash is gonna spend $90M to get back to work, or pocket $45M?

tlongII
01-13-2017, 10:47 PM

I hope so!

pgardn
01-13-2017, 10:50 PM
Trump's Presidential Inaugural Committee has raised a record $90 million-plus in private donations, far more than President Barack Obama's two inaugural committees. They collected $55 million in 2009 and $43 million in 2013, and had some left over on the first go-round.

But while Trump has raised more money for his inauguration than any president in history, he's aiming to do less with it. Lead inaugural planner Tom Barrack said this week the Trump team wants to avoid a "circus-like atmosphere" in favor of a more "back to work" mindset that surrounds Trump "with the soft sensuality of the place."

OMG...

Take away his fkn phone, just keep the 90 million for fcks sake...

DMC
01-14-2017, 12:21 AM
A lot of them.

Trump finally doing well in the polls.

DMC
01-14-2017, 12:22 AM
OMG...

Take away his fkn phone, just keep the 90 million for fcks sake...

As if CNN pages you and forces you to read Twitter.

Thread
01-14-2017, 01:34 AM

Old Wishy/Washy.

DMC
01-14-2017, 01:55 AM
Old Wishy/Washy.

Old purple prose.

Winehole23
01-14-2017, 02:11 AM
raising money for a party is important!

strippers and blow!

#winning!

boutons_deux
01-14-2017, 08:49 AM
Inauguration Workers Cover Up Unfortunate Portable Toilet Brand Name 'Don's Johns'

https://res.cloudinary.com/tpm/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_face,w_653,h_361/cypqoko9fetul84wlibs.jpg

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/don-johns-trump-toliets?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

DMC
01-14-2017, 08:40 PM
raising money for a party is important!

strippers and blow!

#winning!

Using taxpayer money to hire prostitutes in a foreign country is better?

z0sa
01-16-2017, 03:37 AM

As if there was any question with Ivanka and the little one staying in NY.

Adam Lambert
01-16-2017, 07:37 PM
the bruce springsteen cover band dropped out, so i guess that frees up another $300

maybe he can rent a karaoke machine

boutons_deux
01-16-2017, 07:41 PM
the bruce springsteen cover band dropped out, so i guess that frees up another $300

maybe he can rent a karaoke machine

the karaoke machine dropped out, too

Thread
01-16-2017, 07:49 PM
He's still got to get to that bible on Friday. [They] took the day off today to cite MLK, but, tomorrow they'll be back at it. And Trump stayed in today. Wise decision. I'd not leave that Tower till just before dawn Friday. & I would not fly. I'd take a motorcade door-to-door.

pgardn
01-16-2017, 08:03 PM

Its not CNN you old fucktard, it's everywhere. And Donald wouldn't have it any other way.

boutons_deux
01-16-2017, 10:50 PM
‘Nobody wants to buy them’: Frustrated scalpers losing big money trying to sell inauguration tickets

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/nobody-wants-to-buy-them-frustrated-scalpers-losing-big-money-trying-to-sell-inauguration-tickets/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

SnakeBoy
01-16-2017, 11:06 PM
‘Nobody wants to buy them’: Frustrated scalpers losing big money trying to sell inauguration tickets

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/nobody-wants-to-buy-them-frustrated-scalpers-losing-big-money-trying-to-sell-inauguration-tickets/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

lol 36 yr old democrat bought ticket for $700 and now can't sell for $1400....fake news

DMC
01-16-2017, 11:25 PM
Its not CNN you old fucktard, it's everywhere. And Donald wouldn't have it any other way.

And you'd know because you're an insider.

Reck
01-16-2017, 11:31 PM
lol 36 yr old democrat bought ticket for $700 and now can't sell for $1400....fake news

Stupid guy.

Trump's supporters cant afford a pair of jeans, let alone tickets that go for 500+.

Thread
01-17-2017, 03:44 AM
I stumbled on to something last nite that really kind of sickened me at first and now has me, to be honest, depressed. It was a show about Trump's daughter and it was produced by CNN. I only sat thru about half before I could take no more. There is actually a part in it where Anderson Cooper is in a group setting with the Trump family, Donald included and they're all chummy. I do not understand this. How they could permit this company to enter their intimate lives one moment while just last week they refused to take questions from this company at another moment. And there are other instances where some of the women reporters in this production I've seen on the panels of the CNN programming denigrating and indicting Donald and those kids for all manner of crimes & misdemeanors. And they're welcomed by the family in this piece!

I feel a fuckin' duped fool.

Splits
01-17-2017, 03:48 AM
God damn, Dale. You are one stupid fuck.

Youre actually buying what he's fake selling. :lmao

Thread
01-17-2017, 03:53 AM
God damn, Dale. You are one stupid fuck.

Youre actually buying what he's fake selling. :lmao

Who, CNN, or Trump?

Splits
01-17-2017, 03:56 AM
Who, CNN, or Trump?

they are (at this moment) selling your shit

i can't believe you actually bought it

:lmao

Thread
01-17-2017, 04:02 AM
they are (at this moment) selling your shit

i can't believe you actually bought it

:lmao

Me? You're standing there with me, Splits. Please. I'm the WWE good guy. You're the WWE bad guy.

spurraider21
01-17-2017, 04:04 AM
Who, CNN, or Trump?CNN's gonna do what they gotta do to get viewers, drive ratings. They cater to the left, surely, but still are going to do what's best for business. We all know that. Thinking Trump is going to flip Washington upside its head and rewrite the book, spurring a change that will last for years and decades? :lol... That's where you've been duped. But at least you can find solace in the fact that liberals will be mad as they some impulsive, incompetent blowhard try his best to fuck things over.

Thread
01-17-2017, 04:10 AM
CNN's gonna do what they gotta do to get viewers, drive ratings. They cater to the left, surely, but still are going to do what's best for business. We all know that. Thinking Trump is going to flip Washington upside its head and rewrite the book, spurring a change that will last for years and decades? :lol... That's where you've been duped. But at least you can find solace in the fact that liberals will be mad as they some impulsive, incompetent blowhard try his best to fuck things over.

Me? You're standing there with me, 21. Please.

How "you" could ask is only less an outrage by a bit by "me" saying "yes" and then bringing you up in the elevator at least 67 fucking floors and then thru the vestibule. I wonder if "you" were able, or, not able to ask questions when you drank off the silver tea service?

spurraider21
01-17-2017, 04:23 AM
Me? You're standing there with me, 21. Please.

How "you" could ask is only less an outrage by a bit by "me" saying "yes" and then bringing you up in the elevator at least 67 fucking floors and then thru the vestibule. I wonder if "you" were able, or, not able to ask questions when you drank off the silver tea service?You've been duped and you can't handle it, so you're trying to drag me down with you.

Nuh uh.

Thread
01-17-2017, 04:24 AM
You've been duped and you can't handle it, so you're trying to drag me down with you.

Nuh uh.

Because you're right there with me, 21. "You" asked to go up there after they refused to let you ask questions.

spurraider21
01-17-2017, 04:28 AM
Because you're right there with me, 21. "You" asked to go up there after they refused to let you ask questions.If you'd been posting here Pre-Trump, you'd know I'm not a CNN loyalist. I just know Trump's a buffoon, and we're stuck with him.

You've been duped.

Thread
01-17-2017, 04:30 AM
If you'd been posting here Pre-Trump, you'd know I'm not a CNN loyalist.

You've been duped.

1/2 the time, sure, but, the other 1/2 the time, no.

You've been duped as well.

spurraider21
01-17-2017, 04:45 AM
1/2 the time, sure, but, the other 1/2 the time, no.

You've been duped as well.50% is a failing grade, especially when you've been handed the keys to the most powerful office on the planet.

Thread
01-17-2017, 07:20 AM
50% is a failing grade, especially when you've been handed the keys to the most powerful office on the planet.

It's your 50%, 21. [You] came to him with the idea. You presented him with the deal and he dealt. I wonder if THEY laughed at us during the work, 21/Splits/every other asshole in the line? Did they ever even consider that we'd see it and recognize it? Shit, fuck me, am I the only one who even fucking recognized it amongst our line?

Yeah, Anderson Cooper is actually up there BEFORE or AFTER he went at it with Conway and busted her fuckin' hole wide open. "Did I do good, Don? Did it look real?"

Jesus.H.Christ.

pgardn
01-17-2017, 09:14 AM
And you'd know because you're an insider.

Christ...

So In order for one to know Trump tweets you have to be an insider...
I guess someone else could take his phone at 2am and start pressing buttons...

And yeah it's pretty apparent the Donald likes attention. But you gotta be an insider to know this. You are getting swamped by your attempt at apologetics. Just let it go old fella.

Winehole23
01-17-2017, 10:12 AM
Using taxpayer money to hire prostitutes in a foreign country is better?no one but you has suggested so.

Blake
01-17-2017, 11:50 AM
Trump finally doing well in the polls.

Lol

boutons_deux
01-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Desperate Trash offering inaug tix on Facebook

50 Dems boycotting the traitor's inaug, more to come

:lol

CosmicCowboy
01-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Desperate Trash offering inaug tix on Facebook

50 Dems boycotting the traitor's inaug, more to come

That should improve the quality of the crowd immensely.

boutons_deux
01-17-2017, 01:39 PM
That should improve the quality of the crowd immensely.

biker criminals and Christian Taliban make for high quality crowd

CosmicCowboy
01-17-2017, 02:06 PM
biker criminals and Christian Taliban make for high quality crowd

Better than the scumbags boycotting.

Thread
01-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Better than the scumbags boycotting.

The old dish/take protocol, CC. Trump hammered/dished the birther business incessantly. Did I believe it? Never gave it a second thought. I just moved back about 10 feet, got a good head of steam up, left my feet and landed on top of the pile, grinnin' to beat the band. Time to take it. We have it comin'.

spurraider21
01-17-2017, 03:43 PM
The old dish/take protocol, CC. Trump hammered/dished the birther business incessantly. Did I believe it? Never gave it a second thought. I just moved back about 10 feet, got a good head of steam up, left my feet and landed on top of the pile, grinnin' to beat the band. Time to take it. We have it comin'.
Yep. Can't cry "Kenya" for 7.5 years then whine about being called illegitimate

Spurminator
01-17-2017, 03:47 PM
The Democrat congressmen who are skipping the Inauguration are being childish and idiotic. Petty symbolic gestures like these don't accomplish anything and set a bad standard for the future.

I'm also tired of hearing justifications for petty behavior based on what Trump did or said in 2009/2013. He was a private citizen at that time. Our elected officials are held to a higher standard. By lowering themselves to his level, they're lowering their offices to that level and opening the door to more Trumps being elected in the future.

pgardn
01-17-2017, 03:52 PM
The Democrat congressmen who are skipping the Inauguration are being childish and idiotic. Petty symbolic gestures like these don't accomplish anything and set a bad standard for the future.

I'm also tired of hearing justifications for petty behavior based on what Trump did or said in 2009/2013. He was a private citizen at that time. Our elected officials are held to a higher standard. By lowering themselves to his level, they're lowering their offices to that level and opening the door to more Trumps being elected in the future.

Totally agree.

He is going to be the president.
Tough luck, you gotta work with him.

boutons_deux
01-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Totally agree.

He is going to be the president.
Tough luck, you gotta work with him.

absolutely not

Repugs blocked Obama and Dems for 8 years

you "strict obstruct" every piece of shit from Trash and Repugs, and it's ALL SHIT

Thread
01-17-2017, 04:28 PM

Being a private citizen doesn't grant Trump immunity, just as it doesn't for Lewis because he got his head busted 50 years ago in an honorable stretch of history.

It was brilliant for Trump to descend that elevator and proclaim Obama an American born on the soil. Didn't he think if he were to win down the line he'd not have to answer for his behavior before that terse capitulation? No, obviously he didn't. I didn't. He & I just walked away from it.

Empathy is a rough, a cruel master and Trump is a horrid student.

Thread
01-17-2017, 04:31 PM
absolutely not

Repugs blocked Obama and Dems for 8 years

you "strict obstruct" every piece of shit from Trash and Repugs, and it's ALL SHIT

Like the Birther, Bouts has a point here. I didn't want to give that SOB a fucking inch. I saw the distance be it 4 or 8 years, but, I couldn't be certain that if I gave an inch whether they'd return that behavior, or, just fuck me anyway. So, I took the long view and slammed the door in his face.

In analysis a slammed door is the same from either side.

CosmicCowboy
01-17-2017, 04:32 PM
If anybody gives a shit Joaquin Castro will be playing hookey too.

Spurminator
01-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Being a private citizen doesn't grant Trump immunity

No one's granting him immunity from criticism. I'm saying elected officials should be held to that low a standard.

Thread
01-17-2017, 06:33 PM
No one's granting him immunity from criticism. I'm saying elected officials should be held to that low a standard.

Then do this, Spurm:::switch it. Trump goes into office 8 years ago under the same heavy cloud of doubt/derision upon his U.S. citizenship. The newly elected Dem President Elect takes office Friday and 50 Republicans sit out. I can say honestly, I'd not have a problem with them sitting out because it would be Dish/Take.

TheSanityAnnex
01-17-2017, 06:37 PM

They should all grow the fuck up and do another sit-in
http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/msnbc/components/video/201606/a_ov_sitin_160623.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjL5d2ZrMrRAhUBV2MKHWFbA34QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcnews.com%2Fnews%2Fus-news%2Fdemocrats-end-gun-control-sit-after-more-24-hours-house-n597741&psig=AFQjCNHaiK8jDGgiWSK-UybNfHapquMdwQ&ust=1484782529035308)

boutons_deux
01-17-2017, 06:54 PM
Trash has insulted blacks, women, etc repeatedly, now he expects people to kiss his orange ass?

Trash can go fuck himself, and Dems should fuck him and the Repugs up for 4 years.

CosmicCowboy
01-17-2017, 06:56 PM
Then do this, Spurm:::switch it. Trump goes into office 8 years ago under the same heavy cloud of doubt/derision upon his U.S. citizenship. The newly elected Dem President Elect takes office Friday and 50 Republicans sit out. I can say honestly, I'd not have a problem with them sitting out because it would be Dish/Take.

How many republicans boycotted obamas inauguration?

boutons_deux
01-17-2017, 06:59 PM
Trump Inaugural Poem By Self-Published Poet Is Epitome Of Trump: It’s TERRIBLE

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/trump-scottland.jpeg

While Team Trump has had a heck of a time getting anyone to perform at his inauguration, he will be having an official inaugural poem (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-inauguration-poem-barack-obama-tyrant-scottish-heritage-a7530506.html) read at the ceremony, a first for a Republican president.

The poem itself is meant to be an ode to Trump’s Scottish ancestry, and it’s received some press already over the fact that it refers to President Obama as a tyrant — but honestly, that is not even the dumbest part of it.

It is a tale told by an idiot, about an idiot, and what it lacks in sound and fury, it makes up for in absolutely nothing.

“Come out for the Domhnall, ye brave men and proud,
The scion of Torquil and best of MacLeod!
With purpose and strength he came down from his tower
To snatch from a tyrant his ill-gotten power.
Now the cry has gone up with a cheer from the crowd:
“Come out for the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod!”

When freedom is threatened by slavery’s chains
And voices are silenced as misery reigns,
We’ll come out for a leader whose courage is true
Whose virtues are solid and long overdue.
For, he’ll never forget us, we men of the crowd
Who elected the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod!

When crippling corruption polluted our nation
And plunged our economy into stagnation,
As self-righteous rogues took the opulent office
And plump politicians reneged on their promise
The forgotten continued to form a great crowd
That defended the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod!

The Domhnall’s a giver whilst others just take,
Ne’er gaining from that which his hands did not make.
A builder of buildings, employing good men,
He’s enriched many cities by factors of ten.
The honest and true gladly march with the crowd
Standing up for the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod!

True friend of the migrant from both far and near,
He welcomes the worthy, but guards our frontier,
Lest a murderous horde, for whom hell is the norm,
Should threaten our lives and our nation deform.
We immigrants hasten to swell the great crowd.”
Coming out for the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod!

Academe now lies dead, the old order rots,
No longer policing our words and our thoughts;
Its ignorant hirelings pretending to teach
Are backward in vision, sophomoric in speech.
Now we learnèd of mind add ourselves to the crowd
That cheers on the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod!

The black man, forgotten, in poverty dying,
The poor man, the sick man, with young children crying,
The soldier abroad and the mother who waits,
The young without work or behind prison gates,
The veterans, wounded, all welcome the crowd
That fights for the Domhnall, the best of MacLeod!

Whilst hapless old harridans flapping their traps
Teach women to look and behave like us chaps,
The Domhnall defends the defenseless forlorn;
For, a woman’s first right is the right to be born.
Now the bonnie young lassies that fly to the crowd
Have a champion in Domhnall, the best of MacLeod!

http://wonkette.com/610547/the-trump-inaugural-poem-is-so-bad-you-guys-its-just-so-so-bad

Thread
01-17-2017, 07:03 PM
How many republicans boycotted obamas inauguration?

None, but, he hadn't even gotten the seat warm there in the Oval Office when I distinctly heard the [[[I]]] word being bandied about by our Repubs, CC.

pgardn
01-18-2017, 12:00 AM
Like the Birther, Bouts has a point here. I didn't want to give that SOB a fucking inch. I saw the distance be it 4 or 8 years, but, I couldn't be certain that if I gave an inch whether they'd return that behavior, or, just fuck me anyway. So, I took the long view and slammed the door in his face.

In analysis a slammed door is the same from either side.

Well then... fuck you anyway.

Destroying is easy and it's a dead end.
So keep kicking down builders the rest of your miserable life just like Boots.
You two can lie in the same rotten fermenting bed.

Thread
01-18-2017, 12:30 AM
Well then... fuck you anyway.

Destroying is easy and it's a dead end.
So keep kicking down builders the rest of your miserable life just like Boots.
You two can lie in the same rotten fermenting bed.

Wrong is wrong, garden. To myself I cannot be untruthful. Nor to this assembled company. I never have. Would I act the same way should the worm turn as it always has? Yes. I'd smite that side again even in the light of the truth. I could not stop myself. I know that.

So, I'll take what is achieved in this victory and I'll take what I dished. It's my religion.

pgardn
01-18-2017, 08:02 AM
Wrong is wrong, garden. To myself I cannot be untruthful. Nor to this assembled company. I never have. Would I act the same way should the worm turn as it always has? Yes. I'd smite that side again even in the light of the truth. I could not stop myself. I know that.

So, I'll take what is achieved in this victory and I'll take what I dished. It's my religion.

Have a good life.

Its fine to say you are vindictive and unyielding because it is the truth. But if you wanna wear that as a badge of honor you might wanna ask how you came to be so. You are both dead end people IMO. The world has passed you by.

Seriously just go build something, Anything. It might feel right.

Thread
01-18-2017, 08:09 AM
Have a good life.

Its fine to say you are vindictive and unyielding because it is the truth. But if you wanna wear that as a badge of honor you might wanna ask how you came to be so. You are both dead end people IMO. The world has passed you by.

Seriously just go build something, Anything. It might feel right.

Let us proceed...

pgardn
01-18-2017, 08:14 AM
I guess life is not too short to stay forever bitter.

You would know better than I.

Thread
01-18-2017, 08:15 AM
I guess life is not too short to stay forever bitter.

You would know better than I.

Let us proceed...

RandomGuy
01-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Trash is gonna spend $90M to get back to work, or pocket $45M?

Probably going to hire his companies to do most of the work.

This guy will find a way to line his pockets, just like he did when he used his campaign funds to "pay" for his airplane.

CosmicCowboy
01-18-2017, 02:18 PM
Probably going to hire his companies to do most of the work.

This guy will find a way to line his pockets, just like he did when he used his campaign funds to "pay" for his airplane.

It's a 75 million dollar airplane (base) that costs $20,000 an hour to fly.

How much do you think he should have charged?

RandomGuy
01-18-2017, 02:21 PM
It's a 75 million dollar airplane (base) that costs $20,000 an hour to fly.

How much do you think he should have charged?

Not about the cost.

It is about the conflict of interest.

How many trips were legitimate, and how many were made just so he could charge for the plane?

CosmicCowboy
01-18-2017, 02:30 PM
Not about the cost.

It is about the conflict of interest.

How many trips were legitimate, and how many were made just so he could charge for the plane?

:lol he apparently flew to the right places since he got elected.

Also, looks like Trump charged about half what Hillary spent on jet rental.

https://skift.com/2016/10/04/clinton-vs-trump-where-presidential-candidates-spend-their-travel-dollars/

Reck
01-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Pretty sad when half the cost of your own inauguration is funneled to extra security because there will be more protesters than actual people wanting to see you as president. :lol

CosmicCowboy
01-19-2017, 11:53 AM
Pretty sad when half the cost of your own inauguration is funneled to extra security because there will be more protesters than actual people wanting to see you as president. :lol

That's the fault of the impotent, pointless protestors, not the President. The protests accomplish nothing except giving the losers an excuse to act out. You faggots need to get over it and accept you lost and get to try again in 4 years.

boutons_deux
01-19-2017, 12:10 PM
Trash's racists say Kanye is not authentically 'muricun enuff to perform