PDA

View Full Version : Effin D-League

midnightpulp
01-14-2017, 08:29 PM
0-4 from 3, with a big miss in crunch time and absolutely slaughtered like farmed cattle by Devin Booker.

"T-This loss was, um, Parker's fault!"

- The Crew

It's unacceptable that our best SG is a 75 year old.

Arcadian
01-14-2017, 08:30 PM
Yeah...he's been getting burned a lot lately...suddenly a mediocre shooter and mediocre defender...not good.

MI21
01-14-2017, 08:31 PM
I'm the biggest Green fan I know, but he has been atrocious lately. I thought that 3 was going to drop, great play by Kawhi and Manu to get that look.

spursgu
01-14-2017, 08:33 PM
He's peaked as a player and I don't get why some on here defend him like he's Kawhi.

midnightpulp
01-14-2017, 08:33 PM
"He's got 'good' metrics though!"

:lmao

Hoops Czar
01-14-2017, 08:34 PM
Danny Green's been shit for a while. Spurstalk is always the last to know.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2017, 08:35 PM
I have to admit, that was a stinker from Green and Manu was absolutely criminal in the 4th quarter. Way too impatient for three straight possession.

He should have known about the foul and passed the ball to leonard in the last play when Kawhi still called for it and his turnover was just lack of patience and trying to be too cute.

Porker should have probably been the designated passer to Leonard..Manu was too impatient.

Chris
01-14-2017, 08:37 PM
:cry his defense in the playoffs :cry

midnightpulp
01-14-2017, 08:38 PM
I have to admit, that was a stinker from Green and Manu was absolutely criminal in the 4th quarter. Way too impatient for three straight possession.

He should have known about the foul and passed the ball to leonard in the last play when Kawhi still called for it and his turnover was just lack of patience and trying to be too cute.

Porker should have probably been the designated passer to Leonard..Manu was too impatient.

Danny can no longer defend athletic and or lengthy wings. It's why Anderson's defensive metrics are sky high this year. His length is bothersome. Too bad he's a shit offensive player.

FkLA
01-14-2017, 08:40 PM
Yeah...he's been getting burned a lot lately...suddenly a mediocre shooter and mediocre defender...not good.

He's like Top 3 in 3 PT%, bruh.

Spurfans' "what have you done for me lately" mentality is insane. :lol

TheGreatYacht
01-14-2017, 08:44 PM
Will turn 30 soon. We could've gotten JR Smith for him not that long ago, now we'll be lucky to get Mike Dunleavy Jr.

Bitch ass scrub will probably go clubbing with Devin Booker tonight

Hoops Czar
01-14-2017, 08:45 PM
Danny can no longer defend athletic and or lengthy wings. It's why Anderson's defensive metrics are sky high this year. His length is bothersome. Too bad he's a shit offensive player.

Unless 29 is the new 35, I'm pretty sure that's not it. He's just too stupid, constantly getting beat by the same play over and over again. He had two years of brilliance, got payed and he's been overrated junk since.

TheGreatYacht
Danny Green's been shit for a while. Spurstalk is always the last to know.
Tried to tell them. Some of these idiots still think Tiago Shitter has it

apalisoc_9

Danny is shooting like 46%..He's not a problem on O. He's a role player that will have decent nights and bad nights.

Danny can no longer defend athletic threes or even guard at times because he can no longer funnel smaller guys to our bigs..That's was part of his elite defense, understanding how to use the help.

You can't do that no more with Gasol...

midnightpulp

Problem is that spot up 3s are his only offensive weapon. Now that he's a mediocre defender, his lack of all around offensive game is concerning.

However, like with Parker, I'm willing to "gamble" on him. Starting Manu/Simmons/Fathead isn't a solution, much like starting House isn't a solution. This team is what it is. Built for specific rotations.

TheGreatYacht
01-14-2017, 08:47 PM
Danny is shooting like 46%..He's not a problem on O. He's a role player that will have decent nights and bad nights.

Danny can no longer defend athletic threes or even guard at times because he can no longer funnel smaller guys to our bigs..That's was part of his elite defense, understanding how to use the help.

Anybody can funnel small players to the paint. He was insanely overrated on here even back then. Product of Timmy in the paint

Arcadian
01-14-2017, 08:47 PM

Damn, I didn't realize that. :lol I don't usually go by that mentality, but I was wrong in this case.

SAGirl
01-14-2017, 08:48 PM

Good point....

Hoops Czar
01-14-2017, 08:48 PM
Tried to tell them. Some of these idiots still think Tiago Shitter has it

This forum is full of brick heads. If HH37 isn't the one telling them, they don't listen.

Ice009
01-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Make some freaking trades. Green, Mills, Aldridge, Gasol, Anderson, Simmons, you can put all those guys on the table. This team doesn't have much of a chance. They don't do well against good teams and a lot of the time they struggle in games against the worst teams. They end up winning games against the worst teams due to talent, but within the same game it's no uncommon for them have a bad 2 quarters and pull away at the end due to the other teams lack of experience and talent.

THEY JUST DO NOT PLAY HARD FOR A FULL 48. Pathetic.

BTW, the reason I'm open to trading Green is because of his shit defense. He's a shit defender these days. There's no more wing stop.

midnightpulp
01-14-2017, 08:50 PM

Gasol's paint anchor stats were neck and neck with Duncan's last season. He's just as long and mobile as Duncan, so he isn't a detriment as a paint anchor like he is against a PnR. It could be a communication thing perhaps, since this is the team's first year playing with Gasol. Also, D-League gets burned in the post and by shooters now, which don't require funneling obviously.

I think he's simply peaked. Book is out on him. Teams have figured out how to attack him.

RD2191
Yeah, no one blamed Parker tonight, fuck face. And what's your obsession with this imaginary crew? You're pathetic. What did your mother make you for dinner tonight?

apalisoc_9
Anybody can funnel small players to the paint. He was insanely overrated on here even back then. Product of Timmy in the paint

Anybody can funnel a smaller player to the point, but not anybody can be a legit defensive threat trailing offensive players. He's still great at catching up.

Aldridge is decent but its not like you can choose Aldridge over Gasol in every possession.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2017, 08:53 PM
Gasol's paint anchor stats were neck and neck with Duncan's last season. He's just as long and mobile as Duncan, so he isn't a detriment as a paint anchor like he is against a PnR. It could be a communication thing perhaps, since this the team's first year playing with Gasol. Also, D-League gets burned in the post and by shooters now, which don't require funneling obviously.

I think he's simply peaked. Book is out on him. Teams have figured out how to attack him.

Its communication mostly. I don't see any issues with Green-Aldridge Leonard-Aldridge though...

It's paus that's having trouble communicating with the wings. He might never get it because Aldridge at this point of the season last year was already an above average defender.

TheGreatYacht
01-14-2017, 08:54 PM
10,000,000/yr for 2.1 threes a game and shit defense :lol

He's where opposing guards go to rest defensively

spursistan
01-14-2017, 09:18 PM
I am more concerned by his defense, he's fallen off remarkably the past month..

01-14-2017, 09:23 PM

ElNono
01-14-2017, 09:25 PM

It's a game to game thing, tbh.... from hero to disaster... there's no middle ground, per par... but you know that brah...

midnightpulp
01-14-2017, 09:30 PM
It's a game to game thing, tbh.... from hero to disaster... there's no middle ground, per par... but you know that brah...

Still need the NBA metrics community to move into the 21st century and give dat consistency stat.

Like I've said, I'd rather have a player who reaches his averages on a more consistent basis than a player who does it through big game/shit game. i.e. 9, 10, 9, 8 vs. 16, 2, 14, 4.

FkLA
01-14-2017, 09:34 PM
Still need the NBA metrics community to move into the 21st century and give dat consistency stat.

Like I've said, I'd rather have a player who reaches his averages on a more consistent basis than a player who does it through big game/shit game. i.e. 9, 10, 9, 8 vs. 16, 2, 14, 4.

Yet you've been propping up a guy that has played well for a couple of weeks (Rique) while simultaneously shitting on guy who's been a better option for the large majority of the season bc he's been slumping recently (Paddy).

ElNono
01-14-2017, 09:37 PM

Danny is who he is... frankly, he plays on a unit where he doesn't need to do much offensively... I am more concerned with his irregularity on the defensive end though. We don't have solid paint protection anymore, there's a bigger onus on perimeter D... and Tony is already a liability (and I'm not saying this to bag on Tony, it's a reality we all have known for a while now).

SAGirl
01-14-2017, 10:43 PM
Like Manu last game hitting the backboard in a game tying 3 attempt... Danny has been hitting shots, but he did have a poor game this time..

sasaint
01-14-2017, 10:47 PM
Danny is who he is... frankly, he plays on a unit where he doesn't need to do much offensively... I am more concerned with his irregularity on the defensive end though. We don't have solid paint protection anymore, there's a bigger onus on perimeter D... and Tony is already a liability (and I'm not saying this to bag on Tony, it's a reality we all have known for a while now).

Danny is simply going to have to recognize this new team reality and adjust his D accordingly - which he really has yet to do.

Chinook
01-14-2017, 11:47 PM
Green barely guarded Booker WTF? Dude was matched up with Warren and Bledsoe all game.

midnightpulp
01-14-2017, 11:53 PM
Green barely guarded Booker WTF? Dude was matched up with Warren and Bledsoe all game.

Selective memory?

How would that even make a remote amount of sense tactically? If Green is the primary defender on Bledsoe, then where do you hide Parker? And if Warren, why burn out Leonard on Booker?

TimDunkem
01-14-2017, 11:55 PM
Even Sean said in the 4th that "we're probably going to see Kawhi on Booker from here". Who do you think was guarding him before Kawhi, Chinook?

midnightpulp
01-15-2017, 12:00 AM
Yet you've been propping up a guy that has played well for a couple of weeks (Rique) while simultaneously shitting on guy who's been a better option for the large majority of the season bc he's been slumping recently (Paddy).

Parker has been playing well for 3 weeks, Patty's had one okay game in 3 weeks. A slump is like 2 or 3 games. Whatever is plaguing Patty is more than a slump.

And how is Patty the better option? I've shown that Parker fits much better with the starters straight up. Even Patty+Manu+Starters has been a poor lineup this season.

http://www.82games.com/1617/1617SAS2.HTM

This tells me Patty is doing the majority of his damage against 2nd units. We have zero-to-little proof that Patty would be a "better option" wholesale against starting NBA PGs (which is the deepest position in the league right now) and SGs (SGs often defend PGs, as you know).

Do I agree he should be brought in if Parker is flat out terrible? Yes. Do I believe he should be brought in for Parker if the Spurs are desperate and need quick scoring? Yes.

Other than situational circumstance, Patty should be kept in his current role/minutes. Again, for the 75 billionth time, he isn't a PG. And he isn't a "better fit" alongside Kawhi. Another myth busted.

Kawhitstorm
01-15-2017, 12:05 AM

He basically scored every time Simmons/Manu were guarding him & he killed Danny in transition. When Kawhi was on him, he used picks to force a switch whether on the PnR or running around like ReDick. Probably should have trapped him & forced Tyson Chandler to be a playmaker.

HarlemHeat37
01-15-2017, 12:33 AM
Every time I watch a Spurs game without being logged in and posting in the game thread, I will later log in and wonder wtf a quarter of the posters here were watching, tbh:lol

Booker's scoring breakdown:

12 vs. Kawhi(on screens and switches vs. bigs)
6 vs. Green
6 on fast breaks
5 on broken plays
4 vs. Simmons
4 vs. Forbes
2 vs. Manu
2 on a putback

They just played a few weeks ago and Booker had arguably his worst game of the season with Green shadowing him..he's a volume chucker, he's going to have 40-point games followed by 9-point games, that's what they do..

SAGirl
01-15-2017, 12:36 AM
Poor Forbes... in 5 minutes he was lit up and Booker drew a foul on him... I also remember him getting by Simms... thanks for that breakdown...

About Forbes... he can't defend wings period... just too small ... he's going to have to model his game someway on Patty...

james evans
01-15-2017, 12:48 AM
I still don't know how this guy has played all those years of high school, college, and NBA ball and still hasn't learned to pump fake, dribble in the paint and finish..

Kawhitstorm
01-15-2017, 01:09 AM
Poor Forbes... in 5 minutes he was lit up and Booker drew a foul on him... I also remember him getting by Simms... thanks for that breakdown...

About Forbes... he can't defend wings period... just too small ... he's going to have to model his game someway on Patty...

That's why I'm suggesting the team trade for a LEGIT 2-way role player like Elfrid Payton who's big enough to guard wings like Booker.

PCij475dESw

Package Patty/Simmons for Elfrid Payton especially if PATFO don't play on overpaying either one this summer.

SAGirl
01-15-2017, 01:16 AM
That's why I'm suggesting the team trade for a LEGIT 2-way role player like Elfrid Payton who's big enough to guard wings like Booker.

PCij475dESw

Package Patty/Simmons for Elfrid Payton especially if PATFO don't play on overpaying either one this summer.
It's a good point if they won't be re-signed but they didn't even trade up Cojo his last season...

I think PATFO is going to try to reup both guys ... though Patty is doubtful... And TBH I have doubts they can reup everybody...

Kawhitstorm
01-15-2017, 01:25 AM
It's a good point if they won't be re-signed but they didn't even trade up Cojo his last season...

CoJo was let go b/c they needed to clear up space for LMA otherwise Tiago wouldn't even have been traded for peanuts.

SAGirl
01-15-2017, 01:29 AM
CoJo was let go b/c they needed to clear up space for LMA otherwise Tiago wouldn't even have been traded for peanuts.
Its going to depend on the postseason truth be told and what the other guys with Player options do.. and market demands..

Arcadian
01-15-2017, 03:08 AM

Maybe they should report the standard deviation or standard error of the mean for each "per game" average. Just a simple descriptive stat to describe the variability.

unleashbaynes
01-15-2017, 08:45 AM
Every time I watch a Spurs game without being logged in and posting in the game thread, I will later log in and wonder wtf a quarter of the posters here were watching, tbh:lol

Booker's scoring breakdown:

12 vs. Kawhi(on screens and switches vs. bigs)
6 vs. Green
6 on fast breaks
5 on broken plays
4 vs. Simmons
4 vs. Forbes
2 vs. Manu
2 on a putback

They just played a few weeks ago and Booker had arguably his worst game of the season with Green shadowing him..he's a volume chucker, he's going to have 40-point games followed by 9-point games, that's what they do..

Spurs fan has to have something to melt down about.....

I swear, we have the worst, most spoiled fans....

Chinook
01-15-2017, 12:11 PM
Even Sean said in the 4th that "we're probably going to see Kawhi on Booker from here". Who do you think was guarding him before Kawhi, Chinook?

As your messiah Harlem pointed out, Sean was full of shit there. Kawhi had been on him the whole game pretty much.

Chinook
01-15-2017, 12:17 PM
Selective memory?

How would that even make a remote amount of sense tactically? If Green is the primary defender on Bledsoe, then where do you hide Parker? And if Warren, why burn out Leonard on Booker?

Leonard is supposed to be the best defender. So he's supposed to guard the best opposing perimeter player. I doubt Pop came into the game thinking Kawhi was going to be the lead scorer given how much LMA had dominated Phoenix's small fours. Green wasn't the primary guy on Bledsoe, but Simmons showed he couldn't guard him, and that led to Danny having to do it when Tony was out.

As Harlem pointed out, Booker scored six points against Green. That's it. So this bullshit about him letting him go off is just that. Kawhi started off the game on him and didn't do much to stop him. To be honest, I don't think the Spurs did a terrible job checking him, especially as time went on. Booker just wasn't missing.

Chinook
01-15-2017, 12:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAA5r6_lY2M

That's the video of Booker's scoring.

He scored when Green was his guard four times.

The first one is at the 11-minute mark in the third. Green was his man, but Kawhi (and maybe the refs) was responsible for the breakdown. He burped up a bad long-two without letting the Spurs prepare for transition defense. To his credit, he thought he was fouled and was just trying for the and-1. But because he stayed above the three-point line, he and Parker were responsible for getting back. Green was rightfully in the corner expecting a drive, so he wasn't responsible. If Kawhi had moved into the paint, Green would have started sliding to the wing to prevent the break, as is the way with the Spurs D.

The second one is at the 10-minute mark of the fourth, where Green's once again not responsible for getting back on the break (meaning being one of the primary two defenders, not like pulling a Pau and just never getting back). He's in the corner like he's supposed to be when LMA turns it over.

The third one is at the seven-minute mark of the fourth. Green gets beat on a back-door cut. This was bad, but it wasn't so much his fault as it was a team-defensive breakdown. You are going to be beat backdoor if you play denial at the top. So you have to have help against that in the paint. Everyone was out toward the perimeter. So either the Spurs were not trying to play denial defense, in which case Green should have been back inside the arc, or they were and LMA was just too high/Manu didn't sink fast enough. The way Devin was scoring, I have to think it was the latter.

The fourth one was a minute later, and Green contested the shot very well. As he had a lot of the night, Booker just made the shot anyway.

There was a fifth one that might have looked like it was on Green but had nothing to do with him, and that was Booker's three about 30 seconds into the third. But Green was guarding Warren and just tried to run out to help after Pau was slow to get back.

Honestly, I really don't know how some of you watch games. Even if you gave all of those to Green, that's still only 12 of 39 points, against a guy who supposedly spent his 28 minutes being a sieve to Devin. It's just ridiculous what some people will think.

Chinook
01-15-2017, 12:48 PM

Green shot 42 percent in the game. That's not good, but he's not extremely dry compared to what you'd expect from a normal distribution. Missing four threes in a row is hardly uncommon. Curry goes through that a lot. I would imagine that this has been Green's most consistent season in terms of shooting percentage. He's slumping now (not just this game but the last four I believe), so that'll start to go down. The points fluctuate depending on his touches, which has little to do with him as an individual and more to due with the fact that Pop wants him to be the fifth option despite him being the most efficient shooter (or one of if Patty has passed him again. He's not going to get those looks on his own, which is a limitation that he and a number of shooters have. So Pop NEEDS to stop fucking around with his 90s ball and start running plays more often.

SAGirl
01-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Some were on him... a layup in transition... Danny lost track of him and didn't run back in transition. The backdoor cut... but he obviously wasn't the only guy... Simmons had a poor game and gave up 4 fouls and couldn't guard him. Every second Forbes was on unfortunately he was a liability and Manu had a bad bad gamble for a steal that led to Devin getting in the paint, plus a couple of times lost him getting on screens... they had a poor game as a team... He got by Kawhi using screens and got hot... but he did get very easy looks from the team. A few were tough but not even a third of his buckets were and he got to the line...

Chinook
01-15-2017, 01:30 PM
Some were on him... a layup in transition...

Transition defense isn't like normal defense. You don't guard "your man" per se. You guard players as they make their way down the court. The Spurs have a general rule that two players are supposed to be above the free-throw line extended (FTLE) at all times when they're on O. Those are almost always the two guards, and when talking about transition D, that's what they're called. The PG is supposed to stop the ball, and the SG is supposed to help. What made Green and Tony such a great duo a couple of years ago was that Parker was great at slowing guys down to allow Danny to come from behind with a block.

Anyway, that was an unexpected shot by Kawhi on the first score on the break. Leonard was the two-guard in transition but was still watching his shot and didn't realize Booker had leaked passed him. Danny wasn't expecting Leonard to shoot, since that shot was awful. It's not like when Green's spotting up he should be thinking about what Booker's doing on defense.

The second one had Leonard and Parker back as the guard, and they just got beat anyway. Green was in the corner, meaning that he was the SF on that play had LMA not turned it over, you would have seen Green start to move toward the wing once LMA committed to the shot.

Those are both great examples as to why live-ball TOs and long-rebounds are terrible for a defense.

The backdoor cut

There are two types of backdoor cuts. The one that usually gets called out is when you catch your guy sleeping. That's when the defender is starting at the ball instead of paying attention to his guy. The other one is when the defender is face-guarding a player trying to deny the ball and gets "beat" by the offensive player running toward the basket. There's no lapse in concentration or poor technique in the second one. It's similar to a CB playing for a back-shoulder in the NFL because they expect safety help over the top only for the S to be somewhere else. Or having the big and PG play to opposite sides defending a PnR. "Who's wrong" depends on what scheme was being used.

Chinook
01-15-2017, 01:31 PM
Not trying to nitpick, SAG. Just saying that defense is more complicated that people seem to believe it to be, and it's not fair to rush to judgement without thinking about why things are happening the way they are.

SAGirl
01-15-2017, 02:17 PM
When that shot went up... Danny just stood there while Devin right back for a transition pass and an open layup... My impression is that guys have to run right back after that board is not in their vecinity and I didn't see Danny do that..! Someone is always designated to be the first back in transition if at all possible and I have the impression that's Danny when he's in the game... he was in the corner but so was his guy and he had to sprint back dyer he took off. As a team they were poor but Danny didn't hustle back..

Kawhitstorm
01-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Transition defense isn't like normal defense. You don't guard "your man" per se. You guard players as they make their way down the court.

The cross-match where Booker was guarding Danny but not the other way around were also a factor when Booker was feasting in transition.

Cross matches should be avoided against teams that tend to leak out, it's most effective against teams that play in the halfcourt & run ISO plays such as the Cavs.

Chinook
01-15-2017, 02:50 PM
The cross-match where Booker was guarding Danny but not the other way around were also a factor when Booker was feasting in transition.

Cross matches should be avoided against teams that tend to leak out, it's most effective against teams that play in the halfcourt & run ISO plays such as the Cavs.

True, that didn't help at all. Booker was Kawhi's man (or Tony's -- I can't tell from the previous play as to whether it was a switch that had Parker on him or just the game), and Warren was Green's. Kawhi seemed to think he had time to yell at the refs, since Warren was right in front of him. But of course, Warren got the board and advanced it to Booker, who was leaking out in a way that would make Ranadive Vivek proud. It was more of a busted coverage off a terrible shot than anything else. I don't think there was realistically anything Green could have done in that situation. He's was not supposed to sprint back on that play given where he was on the court, and he probably wasn't supposed to cover Booker at all.

sasaint
01-15-2017, 06:03 PM

Doesn't he essentially play PG in Austin?

TimDunkem
01-15-2017, 08:16 PM
As your messiah Harlem pointed out, Sean was full of shit there. Kawhi had been on him the whole game pretty much.

Where the fuck did that come from? lmao There are so many people here, so I'm going to just assume you got me confused with someone else. :lol

Chinook
01-15-2017, 08:17 PM
Where the fuck did that come from? lmao There are so many people here, so I'm going to just assume you got me confused with someone else. :lol

Eh, you pretty much act like Dabom or Gambit most of the time I interact with you. Sorry for lumping you in with that krew.

dabom
01-15-2017, 09:31 PM

:tu

TheGreatYacht
02-12-2017, 07:35 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/102010/1287507497_horse-plazying-with-big-ball.gif

midnightpulp
02-12-2017, 08:59 PM
Terrible tonight. He's been playing well this season, but I know his swagfag ass was out partying last night, thus the shit performance.

Ice009
02-12-2017, 09:13 PM
I'd really like to try and package him in a trade. I don't trust his shooting at all and his defense has gone to below average. For the record, I would have been more than OK with inconsistent shooting if his defense was still elite, but ever since that slipped, I'm not willing to give him passes anymore.

spursistan
02-12-2017, 10:31 PM

TheGreatYacht
02-12-2017, 10:35 PM
^ :lmao

TheDoctor
02-12-2017, 10:36 PM

:lmao

apalisoc_9
02-13-2017, 12:55 AM
Terrible tonight. He's been playing well this season, but I know his swagfag ass was out partying last night, thus the shit performance.

Exactly. I think outside of Kawhi and Lee everyone was probably out partying and trying to bed women in the club.

apalisoc_9
02-13-2017, 12:57 AM

Yeah..Green has always been terrible with entry passess.

Aldridge and Parker are the best but they're usually designed to be on the other side of the court.

Clipper Nation
02-13-2017, 01:08 AM
What's your excuse for Tony Skunker's zero-point performance? :downspin:

spursistan
03-04-2017, 12:25 AM
:lmao..What happened to his fuckin shot?

TheGreatYacht
03-04-2017, 12:28 AM
ST will eventually realize he's fucking garbage :lol

Always 2 years late to the party..

midnightpulp
03-04-2017, 12:29 AM
:lmao..What happened to his fuckin shot?

Hung ovet from swagging it up on bourbon street.

Mikeanaro
03-04-2017, 12:32 AM
D-League is a bum, only a few other posters stated the obvious here.

gambit1990
05-10-2017, 03:41 PM
danny took a wet shit on OP last night :tu

Chinook
05-11-2017, 07:01 AM
This thread is actually a perfect example of why the "eye-test" crowd needs to get some glasses. Metrics can't explain everything, but the eyes lie much more often than the numbers do.