PDA

View Full Version : When did Tim stop using his signature banker shot?

hitmantb
01-15-2017, 01:05 PM
I remember prime Duncan used that shot all the times, and didn't seem like a physically demanding shot.

How come he stopped using it period in twilight years?

Chinook
01-15-2017, 01:12 PM
It got too mainstream.

Spursfanfromafar
01-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Timmy wasn't playing in the post much in the later years. Moved over more to the elbow or a roll player after the Spurs changed their system to a more motion-offense/PR-driven system.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-15-2017, 01:14 PM
Cause he developed to much Arch on his shot

spursfan09
01-15-2017, 03:53 PM
Probably people learned to defend it. Etter

MI21
01-16-2017, 10:33 AM
His jabstep he used to setup for the banker didn't carry the same threat as when he was a bit quicker which allowed defenders to check him a lot closer without as much concern to him blowing by and dunking,

I miss Timmy :cry

GSH
01-16-2017, 11:55 AM
His jabstep he used to setup for the banker didn't carry the same threat as when he was a bit quicker which allowed defenders to check him a lot closer without as much concern to him blowing by and dunking,

I miss Timmy :cry

I think that's substantially true. Plantar fasciitis. Tendonosis. He was less of a threat to take it all the way to the hole from that far out - which is why the jab step wasn't as effective. Same with Manu's ball fake now. Used to be, nobody could keep from biting on that, even though coaches drilled it into them not to. Now I see shit kids standing and watching Manu pump fake, and not even blinking.

Tim played way too much while he was hurting, and did some permanent damage. That's what tendonosis is all about - overuse injury. Pop started reducing his minutes, but the damage was already done.

exstatic
01-16-2017, 03:19 PM
He played in the high post for the last five years or so. Not so good for banking.