PDA

View Full Version : Leonard 50-40-90 Club

007nites
01-19-2017, 03:00 AM
Slowly climbing near this stat line.

Nathan89
01-19-2017, 03:04 AM
I can't see it happening. He's has increase his volume but he doesn't get the easy layups to balance it out.

spurraider21
01-19-2017, 03:11 AM
I can't see it happening. He's has increase his volume but he doesn't get the easy layups to balance it out.
it's really one bad month holding him back

https://i.gyazo.com/26d91083de3c39a4bd4cdbc33a826b5d.png

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-19-2017, 03:18 AM
He's an elite shooter from everywhere but his FG% at the rim is a career low .649 with a career low % of attempts at the rim. For reference Durant is at .777 within 3 feet and LeBron is .753.

All Mighty Janitor
01-19-2017, 02:15 PM
He's an elite shooter from everywhere but his FG% at the rim is a career low .649 with a career low % of attempts at the rim. For reference Durant is at .777 within 3 feet and LeBron is .753.
I don't think Kawhi's FG% at the rim was ever as good as LeBron or KD's but I think it's worth noting that Kawhi has been scoring a whole lot in the half court. It might be that less of his shot attempts have been in transition lowering his overall 0-3 FG%. Just a thought.

Cry Havoc
01-19-2017, 02:19 PM
I don't think Kawhi's FG% at the rim was ever as good as LeBron or KD's but I think it's worth noting that Kawhi has been scoring a whole lot in the half court. It might be that less of his shot attempts have been in transition lowering his overall 0-3 FG%. Just a thought.

Yep. Spurs are relying on him more for isolation, therefore he's taking more shots that are contested. Teams are willing to give him outside shots -- and that's fine, because he's fucking deadly from anywhere on the court.

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2017, 02:32 PM

It's a two part thing:

-Early in the season when the starting lineup was shyt, Pau/LMA were both occupying the paint which made life difficult for Kawhi when he drove into the paint. The Clippers game where they were trying to take advantage of Pierce in the post was the worst.

-Defenses also started loading up on him after he lived at the line early in the season which is why he started taking more mid-range shots as the season went on but he has now been mixing it up.

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2017, 02:35 PM

LeBron has always been a guy that shot a high percentage at the rim (he isn't a shooter, that his sweet spot:lol) but Durant is scoring a ridiculous amount of baskets in transition this season which is why his scoring efficiency is the highest among non-centers like DeAndre/Gobert.

BillMc
01-19-2017, 02:41 PM
Patty and LMA have darkhorse shots at the club if either of them can get rolling in the second half. (LMA from the line, Patty from the field).

TXstbobcat
01-19-2017, 07:48 PM
Kawhi Leonard is the only player in the NBA averaging 20+ points while shooting 40% from three-point range and 90% from the free throw line.