PDA

View Full Version : NBA.COm Spurs get an A+ at the Midseason

BillMc
01-19-2017, 10:22 AM
http://www.nba.com/reportcard/midseason/2017/spurs

For a slightly different perspective on Pop, the team, Pau, the defense etc from per usual here.

Fireball
01-19-2017, 10:58 AM
a very superficial analysis, but keeping everything in comparison with so many shitty teams in the league and our talent compared to a Cleveland or GS roster, there is no reason not to hand out an A+ for the Spurs ...

but no A+ for the coach until Bertans plays 15 minutes a night

nice avatar Bill!

Mr. Body
01-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Considering singe like Zach Lowe (I believe) thought they'd struggle to hit 50 wins, they've been fantastic.

BillMc
01-19-2017, 11:41 AM
a very superficial analysis, but keeping everything in comparison with so many shitty teams in the league and our talent compared to a Cleveland or GS roster, there is no reason not to hand out an A+ for the Spurs ...

nice avatar Bill!

it is very superficial but I think we on ST sometimes lose perspective on how lucky we are. Forest for the trees, or take a step back, or whatever expression you like.

Would like Davis to play more. Glad you like the avatar.:toast

Dex
01-19-2017, 12:16 PM
Get out of here with that nonsense. We are obviously a team of washed-up chokers and should just blow it up and tank.

TheGreatYacht
01-19-2017, 12:19 PM
:lol Zach Howe

BillMc
01-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Get out of here with that nonsense. We are obviously a team of washed-up chokers and should just blow it up and tank.

Presume you forgot the blue font.

Cry Havoc
01-19-2017, 01:13 PM

nice avatar Bill!

Well, the league is watered down precisely BECAUSE we have 3-4 superteams. Golden State, Cleveland, Spurs (we did basically ruin Portland by taking LMA) and then you have a few other teams who were always good but never could win a title.

Cry Havoc
01-19-2017, 01:14 PM
The Tpups getting a C with their level of play is appalling. They should be an F. They have a massive hoard of talent and statistically are playing well enough for 3 quarters to be on a 45-55 win pace.

Dex
01-19-2017, 01:17 PM
Presume you forgot the blue font.

I was really hoping it wasn't necessary. :lol

lefty
01-19-2017, 01:23 PM
:lol Zach Howe
What a clown

On top of that he is arrogant , screw him tbh

BillMc
01-19-2017, 02:11 PM
I was really hoping it wasn't necessary. :lol
:lol On ST you never know...

BillMc
01-19-2017, 02:15 PM
The Tpups getting a C with their level of play is appalling. They should be an F. They have a massive hoard of talent and statistically are playing well enough for 3 quarters to be on a 45-55 win pace.

Agree.

bklynspursfan
01-19-2017, 02:52 PM
Thanks for sharing :tu

With still lots to improve, it's hard not to be optimistic imo.

SAGirl
01-19-2017, 03:00 PM
I am on the positive bandwagon thus my recent relative inactivity... This forum is too depressing and overly critical full of trolls but it's funny at times.

Anyways, I was a lot more bummed out at the start of the season with all the unknowns and those terrible losses at home, the slow defensive starts, Pau and Lamarcus apparently out of shape and Tony started with a lot of nags here and there looking brittle it must be said....

However Lamarcus and Tony have stepped up, Tony is much better, the bench has proven solid, etc... and Kawhi has dominated in a consistent fashion...

Sure they can be better (Pop said they are not where they are supposed to be so) and there are young guys we'd like to see more of...Probably I am the only one who thinks Kyle deserves to play too...

Anyways, it's a very talented and enjoyable team.

I would like Ginobili to be phased out from closing games but whatever Pop-that's on you....
Spurs have been enjoyable to watch....

A lot of the beautiful game sequences too... thought I'd mention it.

BillMc
01-19-2017, 03:11 PM
I am on the positive bandwagon thus my recent relative inactivity... This forum is too depressing and overly critical full of trolls but it's funny at times.

Anyways, I was a lot more bummed out at the start of the season with all the unknowns and those terrible losses at home, the slow defensive starts, Pau and Lamarcus apparently out of shape and Tony started with a lot of nags here and there looking brittle it must be said....

However Lamarcus and Tony have stepped up, Tony is much better, the bench has proven solid, etc... and Kawhi has dominated in a consistent fashion...

Sure they can be better (Pop said they are not where they are supposed to be so) and there are young guys we'd like to see more of...Probably I am the only one who thinks Kyle deserves to play too...

I would like Ginobili to be phased out from closing games but whatever Pop-that's on you....

:toast:flag:

Mikeanaro
01-19-2017, 03:31 PM
Read the article yesterday, were good grades considering we have different pieces and TD is retired.

GSH
01-19-2017, 04:07 PM
Pretty accurate assessment, IMO. Tony has lost a step on both ends, but can still light it up in short bursts. LMA could be more assertive, when the playoffs roll around. It sort of glosses over the fact that Gasol is no Tim Duncan in the middle. How do you give a team with the second best record in the whole league, and on a 64-win pace halfway through, anything but an A+? If they have to run the gauntlet of Clippers, Warriors, Cavs in the playoffs? They will probably finish the season with an A, instead of an A+.

Well, the league is watered down precisely BECAUSE we have 3-4 superteams. Golden State, Cleveland, Spurs (we did basically ruin Portland by taking LMA) and then you have a few other teams who were always good but never could win a title.

There are 30 teams in the league. If you took out maybe 6-8-10 guys, we wouldn't say the whole league was shitty, we would just say that there is parity among the teams. Isaiah Thomas, for instance, is 4th in the league in PPG (28.7). But he's not going to dominate most other teams, like the small group of superstars. There are just a few guys who are clearly a cut above the rest, and who an dominate most games. When you get more than one of those guys on a few teams, the rest are just regular season fodder.

BTW - why do people keep saying that Danny is leading the league in 3P%? Every time I've looked, he wasn't at the top. I don't check all that often, I guess. Maybe he moved up to the top, and then back down?

el contusione
01-19-2017, 06:12 PM

+1.. This guy nailed it

lilbthebasedgod
01-19-2017, 06:19 PM
I'd give us a A+ too. We are massively overperforming expectations and deserve praise. Hopefully it continues in the rest and in playoffs.