PDA

View Full Version : Kings: RIP Rudy Gay..

HarlemHeat37
01-19-2017, 06:20 PM
Ruptured Achilles, out for season..his effectiveness will probably be finished, tbh..

What a career, maybe the biggest on-court cancer of all-time, despite being a pretty well-rounded overall player:lol

Cuppycake Gumdrop
01-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Has anyone this talented ever had such abject failure at winning games? Derrick Coleman came to mind but even he got to the playoffs a handful of times.

Clipper Nation
01-19-2017, 06:26 PM
In :lol yesterday's NBA, Gay would be a GOAT candidate. In today's NBA, he's a selfish chucker.

HarlemHeat37
01-19-2017, 06:33 PM
Has anyone this talented ever had such abject failure at winning games? Derrick Coleman came to mind but even he got to the playoffs a handful of times.

It's strange, because Gay isn't even really bad at anything:lol..

He's been a pretty decent defender for most of his career, good scorer, not a horrible passer, etc..teams just always get worse when he joins them and better when he leaves for whatever reason..

I've also never heard of him being a bad teammate, either..

DMC
01-19-2017, 06:42 PM
Something about being born Gay I suppose.

HarlemHeat37
01-19-2017, 06:47 PM
Something about being born Gay I suppose.

Couldn't wait 10 minutes and let Lefty have this one, uh?:lol

Chucho
01-19-2017, 06:48 PM

I always thought the same thing about him and would rack my brain trying to think of someone like that, maybe some of the good Mavs players of the late 80s/90s dark days. Maybe someone who was a career journeyman who was a solid player like Jim Jackson, but he was only a 18+ ppg scorer for the first 5 years of his career. It's really hard to miss the POs for a bulk of your career in a league where more than half the squads make the POs annually. If there had to be comparisons, I dunno, maybe:

Carter
McGrady
Wilkins
Al Jefferson
Corey Magette
Kevin Love would be the only person really comparable to Rudy before he was bailed out of his situation by the Cavs and gifted a spot on a title team.

DMC
01-19-2017, 06:54 PM

No I had to jump on it, I saw Lefty poised to strike.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
01-19-2017, 06:55 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao today's DMC

Raven
01-19-2017, 06:56 PM
the idea that the grizzlies made the right call by getting rid of his is one of the funniest misconceptions in today's nba. He'll be fine. Ruptured achilles is a massively overrated injury.

HarlemHeat37
01-19-2017, 06:58 PM
the idea that the grizzlies made the right call by getting rid of his is one of the funniest misconceptions in today's nba. He'll be fine. Ruptured achilles is a massively overrated injury.

How?

DMC
01-19-2017, 06:58 PM

lol

spurraider21
01-19-2017, 07:00 PM
being no small accomplishment, raven is the least intelligent poster ive seen on spurstalk, but hides behind the fact that he's a fan of the spurs/patriots and thinks the team success gives him credibility as a poster

Cuppycake Gumdrop
01-19-2017, 07:01 PM
???? Almost nobody ever fully bounces back from a ruptured Achilles. Dominique Wilkins is maybe the only guy ever. Wes Matthews is second place by default, and even he really isn't anywhere close to his pre-injury level.

Raven
01-19-2017, 07:10 PM
How?
well, for starters in many cases it doesn't even need surgery and yet it is being spoken of as a career killer even though in most cases it heals just fine.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
01-19-2017, 07:34 PM
well, for starters in many cases it doesn't even need surgery and yet it is being spoken of as a career killer even though in most cases it heals just fine.
That almost never happens, and if you did 2 minutes of Googling before posting, you wouldn't look this stupid.

Raven
01-19-2017, 07:38 PM
That almost never happens, and if you did 2 minutes of Googling before posting, you wouldn't look this stupid.

wanna bet?

Cuppycake Gumdrop
01-19-2017, 07:43 PM
wanna bet?
Bet what? That you're not stupid? Already missed that one, bud.

Raven
01-19-2017, 07:47 PM
Bet what? That you're not stupid? Already missed that one, bud.

that he's going to come back just fine.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
01-19-2017, 07:47 PM
being no small accomplishment, raven is the least intelligent poster ive seen on spurstalk, but hides behind the fact that he's a fan of the spurs/patriots and thinks the team success gives him credibility as a poster
:lol

Cuppycake Gumdrop
01-19-2017, 07:48 PM
that he's going to come back just fine.
First off, define "just fine". Second, Rudy Gay becoming the second player in NBA history to fully bounce back from an Achilles injury doesn't make your statement any less stupid.

TimDunkem
01-19-2017, 08:10 PM
"David Lee is the worst defender in NBA HISTORY" - Raven

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Ruptured Achilles, out for season..his effectiveness will probably be finished, tbh..

What a career, maybe the biggest on-court cancer of all-time, despite being a pretty well-rounded overall player:lol

Pretty sure Lakers will sign him as Nick Young's replacement.:lol