PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of Max Kellerman disrespecting Kawhi

Gummi Clutch
01-22-2017, 06:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRuZCDdBv4Q

Fuck this try hard troll. Take Kawhi off? Its like he's too retarded to stick to a point, just awful commentary and disrespect..

Harry Callahan
01-22-2017, 08:49 AM
Max Kellerman is a crappy, Yankee version of bayless. He should stick with boxing.

Bayless is a no talent hack too.

Harry Callahan
01-22-2017, 08:51 AM
He probably has not watched a spurs game this year either.

Solid D
01-22-2017, 08:56 AM
It's a shtick. A bit. Two opposing views.

GSH
01-22-2017, 09:13 AM
Great great man. Honorable to the end.

Funny thing, opinions. Huh?

apalisoc_9
01-22-2017, 09:17 AM
I'm tired of posters posting mainsyream shows on spurstalk

Trainwreck2100
01-22-2017, 11:03 AM
they get paid to be contrarian, giving a fuck about what they say just gets them ratings

Mal
01-22-2017, 11:22 AM
This show is so riddicoulous. Two assholes saying shit and shouting one on another. And they split this faggot duo, so Scream A Smith got this asshole to shout at, and Bayles got some former NFL asshole to shout at.

widowmaker
01-22-2017, 11:31 AM
I dont watch espn they got a lot of boring shows.

Kawhitstorm
01-22-2017, 02:20 PM
He also said Curry was better than LeBron & the Duds were better than the '96 Bulls last season.:lol

boutons_deux
01-22-2017, 02:24 PM
bullshit scripted controversy, just like a totally bogus "reality" show.

BillMc
01-22-2017, 02:51 PM
These men are whores who have sold out any real pretense at sports journalism for scripted, contrived controversy format to generate viewership. Who knows (or cares) what their real opinions are.

It's like wondering why professional wrestlers can't get along.

BillMc
01-22-2017, 03:12 PM
With a that makeup Stephen A is looking more and more like Little Richard. Tutti Fruti indeed.

daslicer
01-22-2017, 03:17 PM
OP must be young. Any Spur fans who were around from the beginning of Duncan's career can remember how many times ESPN and Stephen A bashed Duncan for being boring and said multiple times he was overrated. I remember Stephen A way back in '04 was the reason why I stopped taking ESPN seriously. Eventually Duncan won a few more titles and ESPN had no choice and had to respect him. For the Kawhi bashing to stop he's going to have to win a few titles.

Harry Callahan
01-22-2017, 03:18 PM
The Fox Show and ESPN show are two awful versions of the same formula. Bayless and Screamin Smith just get more money for themselves by going separate ways. All I know is Skippy left DFW 20 years ago and literally NO ONE spoke well of him. An aloof loner totally out for himself and would lie cheat and steal to put himself in the limelight.

Harry Callahan
01-22-2017, 03:20 PM
OP must be young. Any Spur fans who were around from the beginning of Duncan's career can remember how many times ESPN and Stephen A bashed Duncan for being boring and said multiple times he was overrated. I remember Stephen A way back in '04 was the reason why I stopped taking ESPN seriously. Eventually Duncan won a few more titles and ESPN had no choice and had to respect him. For the Kawhi bashing to stop he's going to have to win a few titles.

KL has won as many as Curry, Horseface, and Thompson in GS and played in more finals games than any of them. More than Durant too.

daslicer
01-22-2017, 03:31 PM
KL has won as many as Curry, Horseface, and Thompson in GS and played in more finals games than any of them. More than Durant too.

I agree but the media has always had double standards and biases against the Spurs. I remember way back in 2000 they refused to give Duncan credit for the '99 championship but bought into the asterisk crap that Phil Jackson had created. At the time Duncan had an equal amount of championships as Kobe and Shaq but both were billed as better players. It was a bunch of BS but eventually Duncan silenced them by winning to the point where they couldn't disrespect him anymore. Kawhi is going to have to do the same. Also you have to factor in Kawhi just like Duncan is not an attention whore and isn't having a relationship with the media like those guys you listed above. It's really a two way street if your not going to be buddy buddy with the media then they are not going to respect you. The Kawhi disrespect doesn't bother me since I have lived through the media shitting on Robinson and Duncan. It's tough for the very young fans who are new to this experience.

james evans
01-22-2017, 05:53 PM
I agree but the media has always had double standards and biases against the Spurs. I remember way back in 2000 they refused to give Duncan credit for the '99 championship but bought into the asterisk crap that Phil Jackson had created. At the time Duncan had an equal amount of championships as Kobe and Shaq but both were billed as better players. It was a bunch of BS but eventually Duncan silenced them by winning to the point where they couldn't disrespect him anymore. Kawhi is going to have to do the same. Also you have to factor in Kawhi just like Duncan is not an attention whore and isn't having a relationship with the media like those guys you listed above. It's really a two way street if your not going to be buddy buddy with the media then they are not going to respect you. The Kawhi disrespect doesn't bother me since I have lived through the media shitting on Robinson and Duncan. It's tough for the very young fans who are new to this experience.
Every time we win a fuckign title, the league creates a diversion to keep from promoting us. in 99 it was the lockout season and all that "asterik" bulshit. in 2003 it was about Kobe and Shaq not gettng along and if Jason Kidd would sign with us. In 2005 they made it about ratings(in which new seeding came about which prompted 2 of the top 3 teams in the entire league playing each other in the 2nd round the next year). In 2007 it was about Lebron's first finals. In 2014 it was about if Lebron was going to re-sign with the Heat. None of our titles after we've won them in the media have been about US. it's always something.

Harry Callahan
01-22-2017, 06:22 PM
Every time we win a fuckign title, the league creates a diversion to keep from promoting us. in 99 it was the lockout season and all that "asterik" bulshit. in 2003 it was about Kobe and Shaq not gettng along and if Jason Kidd would sign with us. In 2005 they made it about ratings(in which new seeding came about which prompted 2 of the top 3 teams in the entire league playing each other in the 2nd round the next year). In 2007 it was about Lebron's first finals. In 2014 it was about if Lebron was going to re-sign with the Heat. None of our titles after we've won them in the media have been about US. it's always something.

The Spurs got respect in 2014, but not before that - even if it was for like 2 days or so. The Mike Greenbergs of the world were crying in 2007 about PHOENIX getting jobbed because their players were undisciplined and not properly taught by Mike DumToni. Prior to that the Spurs were BORING. This team has not been boring in a decade or more.

John Petrucci
01-22-2017, 06:24 PM
Bayless somehow seemed more believable. I feel like MK sometimes just wants to burst out laughing during these planned debates.

But dear God this is better than having to listen to Shannon Sharpe speak for more than 2 minutes. I thought Steven A. was irritating.

In hindsight, we had the best set up for this kind of stupid show with Steven A. and Bayless. Now we have 2 of them that are far, far worse than the original.

sasaint
01-22-2017, 06:30 PM
These men are whores who have sold out any real pretense at sports journalism for scripted, contrived controversy format to generate viewership. Who knows (or cares) what their real opinions are.

It's like wondering why professional wrestlers can't get along.

THAT'S GOOD! :toast

Harry Callahan
01-22-2017, 06:47 PM
Bayless somehow seemed more believable. I feel like MK sometimes just wants to burst out laughing during these planned debates.

But dear God this is better than having to listen to Shannon Sharpe speak for more than 2 minutes. I thought Steven A. was irritating.

In hindsight, we had the best set up for this kind of stupid show with Steven A. and Bayless. Now we have 2 of them that are far, far worse than the original.

You're correct. Shannon Sharpe does not have the ability to enunciate words in the English language, and yet he is in the business of broadcasting.

Sharpe is an unqualified mush mouth.

daslicer
01-22-2017, 07:07 PM

When I was younger the disrespect bothered me but as I got older and more mature and saw how respect from the media is very hollow. For a team to get respect from the media they have to either play in a big market or the star players have to be attention whores. Both reasons for getting respect are very shallow. Whenever the Spurs win a championship it's awesome because they play the spoiler and destroy the media's dream of seeing certain teams win which makes it that much better. I enjoyed it especially in '05 seeing Stephen A in tears especially after he had proclaimed that Duncan was soft and would lose against the Pistons. Imagine how they will react this year if the Spurs take out the Warriors and Cavs. Bottom line the media is a bunch of bitches there is no point in getting respect from bitches.

John Petrucci
01-22-2017, 07:19 PM
When I was younger the disrespect bothered me but as I got older and more mature and saw how respect from the media is very hollow. For a team to get respect from the media they have to either play in a big market or the star players have to be attention whores. Both reasons for getting respect are very shallow. Whenever the Spurs win a championship it's awesome because they play the spoiler and destroy the media's dream of seeing certain teams win which makes it that much better. I enjoyed it especially in '05 seeing Stephen A in tears especially after he had proclaimed that Duncan was soft and would lose against the Pistons. Imagine how they will react this year if the Spurs take out the Warriors and Cavs. Bottom line the media is a bunch of bitches there is no point in getting respect from bitches.

Makes me think of Rachel Nichol's Twitter last night. A top 5 MVP candidate had just gotten his first 40 point game while beating the champs on the road, and she repeatedly made posts about Cousins getting some raw deal on a bad call at the end of a KINGS game...not once mentioning the outcome of Spurs/Cavs. I'm not upset by things like this, it's expected and kind of hilarious.

They want big market success, controversy, and after that they want the success of loud players who pound their chests, scream, dance, and generally disrespect their opponents.

spurtech09
01-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Stephan A Smith and Max are haters......Spurs haters and Cowboys haters.....

LoneStarState'sPride
01-22-2017, 09:17 PM
It's a shtick. A bit. Two opposing views.

Blows my mind how so many folks don't get this.

LoneStarState'sPride
01-22-2017, 09:19 PM

Sharpe is the absolute worst. I can't even stand his stupid-ass diction in the commercials :lol

Down Under
01-23-2017, 07:10 AM
He did say who you would pick for excitement, not who you would pick if you're trying to win a Championship

dbreiden83080
01-23-2017, 12:08 PM
He did not really bash him, he said he is a great player and wants him on his team to win, but he is talking about not being as exciting as others. Sound familiar :lol

It is amazing and so crazy, that Tim Duncan a man who maybe never truly got the love he deserved for the all time great that he is, due to perception that he was not exciting enough, and his successor is the same kind of dude. A great player, that does pretty much everything well but lacks the supposed flash. So we already see Leonard not getting some of the love he should just like Tim. In fact exactly like Tim. Shit is scary.

Arcadian
01-24-2017, 07:09 AM
Leonard is exciting to watch, though. He fucking steals the ball with his huge hands, runs the floor, and finishes with dunks. What do people consider exciting?

Then again, I also found Duncan's game exciting, so we're clearly not starting from a similar perspective.

You ask me, you know what's exciting? Skill. When someone performs a skill at a high level, it's entertaining.

james evans
01-24-2017, 08:47 AM
Leonard is exciting to watch, though. He fucking steals the ball with his huge hands, runs the floor, and finishes with dunks. What do people consider exciting?

shooting 11 three pointers per game.

It's funny how for years people called our ball movement and creating open 3's for players boring, but when GS does it, it's "revolutionary" and never been seen before. foh. This is why I don't watch tv outside of the actual games. People are sheep.

Dex
01-24-2017, 09:49 AM
:lmao at "the positions are made up anyways" or "there is no such thing as a small forward".

We are living in the era of some of the most dominant small forwards ever. You don't hear him crying to remove Durant from the game.

Dude just wants to throw out the rules so he can slob both Westbrook and Curry at the same time.

rasuo214
01-24-2017, 10:12 AM
His argument is basically give the fans what they want. Wouldn't the fan vote be the best indicator? In which case Zaza should be an all-star over AD. Maybe they should get rid of West vs East and make it Guards vs Front Court.

If his point is entertainment factor then what makes KD and Harden so entertaining?

james evans
01-24-2017, 10:17 AM
for those of you that have followed boxing for decades, this is what we had to put up with on ESPN2 for YEARS before Roy Jones was knocked the fuck out. After Jones cherry picked beat one of the worst hw champs of all time(John Ruiz), we had to sit thru months and months of this fucker talking about how Roy would have beat Joe Fraizer, Tyson, Joe Louis, and gave Ali a tough fight. Once Roy's reflexes went to shit, we saw why he fought bums a lot in his career because he was hiding a glass chin. Max is even a bigger Sweet Pea dick rider, but all of his points are valid about Whitaker. He just went to the extreme on the Roy Jones love. Don't know what made ESPN think he actually knows shit about basketball becasue he doesn't and it's obvious he doesn't even watch us play

100%duncan
01-24-2017, 10:22 AM
The fans and media love kawhi tbh :lol he was 2nd in mvp voting averaging 21 ppg and he got first team all nba and got b2b dpoy. He is receiving more love than Timmy, besides he is a jumpshooter a la kobe/jordan mold niggas love that

cd98
01-24-2017, 10:57 AM
Thanks Max for reaffirming that the All-Star game is not about who the best players are, it's about the best showmanship. But let me throw a wrench in his plea for Westbrook to be a starter. Do fans really want to watch him brick three points from three feet behind the line and miss layups that normal players would make? That's what you get with Westbrook. He's just an athlete that plays ferociously, but not efficiently. Harden is an artist. I enjoy watching him play. Westbrook is just a guy you want to watch fail. I'd much rather watch Kawhi then Westbrook, but I guess he means that even though Kawhi may look good picking Lebron's pocket and dunking it, it isn't as fun to watch as Westbrook going 1 for 5 on drives, but that one drive he makes he lets everyone in the stadium know. Yes, that will do great for the All-Star game ratings going forward.

Spurious
01-24-2017, 02:36 PM
Tools should be stored out of sight. Max is a tool.