PDA

View Full Version : Pop does it once again...

UZER
01-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Murray gets into a little scuffle at the 8 min mark of the 4th and doesn't see another minute. Manu starts OT :lol

He was having a great game playing under control. Forcing kyrie to play defense. It was a great opportunity to learn in a playoff type atmosphere. Instead kyrie goes off in OT while Manu gets back spasms.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-22-2017, 02:02 PM
He's a closet racist who runs his team like a slave master. If your black and show emotion, your in the dog house.

DarrinS
01-22-2017, 02:04 PM
I was wondering why he didn't play more. Didn't see the scuffle.

daslicer
01-22-2017, 02:06 PM
This is one thing I have said in other threads that I can't stand about Pop which is he has a problem with guys standing up to bullying. Pop prefers passive aggressive resistance which I think is bs.

BSfromTX
01-22-2017, 02:11 PM
Always been a pop fan, but his ego is beginning to show the last few years. He talks a big game about "without Timmy none of us would be here", but he's got these players on such a short leash that it kills development.

Clipper Nation
01-22-2017, 02:21 PM
He's a closet racist who runs his team like a slave master. If your black and show emotion, your in the dog house.

GSH
01-22-2017, 03:01 PM
I don't know what Pop's reasoning was, but in the last 3 minutes or so of regulation, the Spurs needed just 1 score to salt it away, and they couldn't do shit. Murray had shot 7-10 and dished out 6 AST's - against the best team in the East. I think the Spurs could have generated a little offense with him in there. I would have liked to see him at least get a shot at it.

UZER
01-22-2017, 03:15 PM
I don't know what Pop's reasoning was, but in the last 3 minutes or so of regulation, the Spurs needed just 1 score to salt it away, and they couldn't do shit. Murray had shot 7-10 and dished out 6 AST's - against the best team in the East. I think the Spurs could have generated a little offense with him in there. I would have liked to see him at least get a shot at it.

He had Kyrie on his heals on D all game long. He just a constant threat to drive and get buckets.

TimDunkem
01-22-2017, 03:17 PM
^Which of course left Kyrie enough energy to smash Manu in overtime while Murray watched from the bench.

DarrinS
01-22-2017, 03:17 PM
It's going to be nice having a PG with his size.

pookenstein
01-22-2017, 03:20 PM
Manu started in place of Green imo.

Atl Spur
01-22-2017, 03:22 PM
Mental toughness is what he is trying to instill; not allowing another person or situation dictate your response. Think KG vs. Tim Duncan all of those years...... who had the last laugh?

BillMc
01-22-2017, 03:24 PM
Murray and Bertans are both rookies, and Pop is simply send a message that fighting will not be tolerated. Nothing more than that in my opinion.

ElNono
01-22-2017, 03:26 PM
Murray gets into a little scuffle at the 8 min mark of the 4th and doesn't see another minute. Manu starts OT :lol

He was having a great game playing under control. Forcing kyrie to play defense. It was a great opportunity to learn in a playoff type atmosphere. Instead kyrie goes off in OT while Manu gets back spasms.

I'm glad Manu started OT, tbh... he made some crucial plays on both ends until his back gave out. He was playing in place of Green (who replaced him), not Murray.

Even to end the 4th, the PG was Patty.

Murray did fine for himself and he'll have plenty of opportunities if he keeps playing at this level. It's all a process, but also Pop is a guy that rather go with the more experienced guys.

Harry Callahan
01-22-2017, 03:28 PM
Murray and Bertans are both rookies, and Pop is simply send a message that fighting will not be tolerated. Nothing more than that in my opinion.

I agree Bill. He wants guys to control their temper and young guys get amped up when somebody messes with them. Bertans and Murray are really nice pickups for our team. Possible future starters and definite rotation guys in the future (near and long term).

BillMc
01-22-2017, 03:29 PM
I'm glad Manu started OT, tbh... he made some crucial plays on both ends until his back gave out. He was playing in place of Green (who replaced him), not Murray.

Speaking of Manu hear any news about his back? Was it just spasms?

bklynspursfan
01-22-2017, 03:30 PM
Patty played decent down the stretch, and hit a big 3. Expecting a rookie to play in big moments might be an expectations issue from some of you guys.

Lots of coaches don't do it, unless we're talking about a high pick. Pop has done it a long time. Parker and Manu both went thru it as rookies/young players.

Let these guys go thru the process and adjust your expectations. This has been happening long before the Murray's and Bertans of the world, and we've done pretty good overall

ElNono
01-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Speaking of Manu hear any news about his back? Was it just spasms?

Only thing I found was this:

CLEVELAND - As Kawhi Leonard peeled the ice bag off his swollen left hand, Manu Ginobili hobbled through San Antonio's locker room, his back stiffened from a run-in with LeBron James.

And 20 minutes after the game, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was in sweats still going over his team's defensive breakdown in the final seconds.

"We messed up on that last play," Leonard said. "We could easily be in double overtime right now."

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170122/nba--spurs-118-cavaliers-115-ot-james-leads-comeback-but-cavs-fall-short

BillMc
01-22-2017, 03:34 PM
Only thing I found was this:

CLEVELAND - As Kawhi Leonard peeled the ice bag off his swollen left hand, Manu Ginobili hobbled through San Antonio's locker room, his back stiffened from a run-in with LeBron James.

And 20 minutes after the game, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was in sweats still going over his team's defensive breakdown in the final seconds.

"We messed up on that last play," Leonard said. "We could easily be in double overtime right now."

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170122/nba--spurs-118-cavaliers-115-ot-james-leads-comeback-but-cavs-fall-short

Cheers.:toast I will assume all is OK until I hear differently then.

BillMc
01-22-2017, 03:42 PM
I agree Bill. He wants guys to control their temper and young guys get amped up when somebody messes with them. Bertans and Murray are really nice pickups for our team. Possible future starters and definite rotation guys in the future (near and long term).

Agree on all counts, my friend. You don't even let the habits start.

I could see Murray a starter and Bertans a major rotation piece. Not sure Davis can bulk up enough on his bad knee to play a starting 4 (assuming LMA moves to the 5 as he ages. Hell, LaSharkus was basically the 5 last night). But in a second unit Davis has potential to be a nightmare.

As for Murray, the ceiling seems very high. Let's hope he gets there.

Vokun
01-22-2017, 04:17 PM
A couple of us mentioned it in the game thread. Did the same shit to Bertans tbh. I guess Pop was raised to be passive aggressive.

james evans
01-22-2017, 06:02 PM
I was wondering why he didn't play more. Didn't see the scuffle.
it was after a timeout. They were on the sideline tangled up talking to each other.

sasaint
01-22-2017, 06:07 PM

This. :tu

LoneStarState'sPride
01-22-2017, 09:33 PM

So Davis Bertans is black now?

pgardn
01-22-2017, 09:40 PM

Yeah.

And Tell Davis not to push anyone.

TheDoctor
Because Pop doghoused Bertans for playing street thug (precedent), he didn't have another choice than do the same thing to DJM.

pgardn
So Davis Bertans is black now?

Beat me to the basket.

alpha_HaZE
01-22-2017, 09:43 PM
He kinda admitted that mistake in the post game conference. Let's be honest, Pop gave Dejounte that starting job and Timmy has taken him under his wing. Pop and Timmy talk or text almost every day. I am sure, both want him to be great. Manu had a brilliant game which was good to see that the vet still has it in him for short stretches. I don't blame Pop for sticking with Patty and Manu.

Horse
01-22-2017, 09:50 PM
Would've like to see him in there more but not surprised he pulled a rookie in crunch time.

superbigtime
01-23-2017, 10:49 AM

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this stupid forum.

cutewizard
01-23-2017, 10:55 AM

:bobo