PDA

View Full Version : Does Pop get too much credit?

apalisoc_9
01-22-2017, 09:39 PM
For the success of his teams? It's pretty comical that mainstream thinks that there is some sort of magical "system" that allows everyone to play good for the spurs. Thr credit he gets now is silly, but more insulting is this idea that the three chqmpionship Duncan-Parker-Ginobili won when the trio would routinely average 60+ points togther in a very dumb down basic offensive structure...Was also because of his "system".

Another thing that pissess me off is that, his players should somehow be reserved, completely void of their own real personalities...but he's out there touching Issues he has no bussiness touching. Trying to get as much attention as possible. Even go as far as making letters to Trump..but somehow he hates players do that same thing on the court?

I've grown to accept and believe that Pop enjoys it too much. Most of his "compliments" are modest and directly tied to his own work. That somehow Duncan-Leonard-Parker-Ginobili have to be super thankful.

Most recently, he said he caused Duncan some idividual awards in his early years. Competely ignoring, that he barely micromanaged in those peak years and relied heavily on Duncan to play 40mpg a game and Parker Ginobili playing heavy minutes depending on who is playing better...

spurraider21
01-22-2017, 09:40 PM
no

pgardn
01-22-2017, 09:42 PM
Sure.

I know the OP is always praising Pop.
So yeah.