PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout them _aints??

rr2418
10-10-2005, 04:10 PM
I guess life is getting back to normal!! :lol

SWC Bonfire
10-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Well, it didn't take long to go from 0 to crappy fan.

John T
10-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Regardless, can't wait for Sunday's game! Do we know if Vick is playing yet?

Carie

Clandestino
10-10-2005, 04:53 PM
that son of a bitch better play!

Horry For 3!
10-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Vick is playing most likely. I mainly got Saints tickets because I like deuce. Now that he is out for the season, I don't feel like going :depressed but i'll probably go anyways just to support SA for getting a NFL team but i'm very disappointed.

sportsfann1976
10-10-2005, 05:57 PM
First of all SA did NOT get a NFL team. The Saints belong to us, New Orleanians everywhere, until the fat lady sings or the fat man sings :) We will also be there on Sunday, with all of our NEW ORLEANS SAINTS signs. It was a big kick in the butt to watch our team play a home game in another city and it was an even bigger kick to have ya'll display San Antonio Saints signs. They may be crap, but they're OUR crap!!!!!! Thanks, but no thanks SA!!

scott
10-10-2005, 06:24 PM
an even bigger kick to have ya'll display San Antonio Saints signs

I agree, that was in poor taste. There is a right way for our city to go about trying to get an NFL team and a wrong way... some people choose the wrong way.

NINERS4LIFE
10-10-2005, 06:30 PM
First of all SA did NOT get a NFL team. The Saints belong to us, New Orleanians everywhere, until the fat lady sings or the fat man sings :) We will also be there on Sunday, with all of our NEW ORLEANS SAINTS signs. It was a big kick in the butt to watch our team play a home game in another city and it was an even bigger kick to have ya'll display San Antonio Saints signs. They may be crap, but they're OUR crap!!!!!! Thanks, but no thanks SA!!

Get out of here man!!!! We have your SAINTS for the meantime and OKIE CITY has your Hornets (which by the way, you stole from CHARLOTTE), so just chill out and enjoy the game on SUNDAY!!!

BY the way, I was one of those with my SAN ANTONIO SAINTS!!! :elephant

sportsfann1976
10-10-2005, 08:38 PM
I can care less about the Hornets, if you know anything about our city, New Orleans is not a big basketball city. The Saints were born and raised in New Orleans. They ARE New Orleans. I watched them as a kid with my dad and they've been around since the 1960s. The Saints are a huge part of New Orleans culture and one of the few treasures we have left to hold on to. Enjoy your two or three little games but New Orleans will be back and our Saints will be home!!!!

Horry For 3!
10-10-2005, 10:20 PM
I can care less about the Hornets, if you know anything about our city, New Orleans is not a big basketball city. The Saints were born and raised in New Orleans. They ARE New Orleans. I watched them as a kid with my dad and they've been around since the 1960s. The Saints are a huge part of New Orleans culture and one of the few treasures we have left to hold on to. Enjoy your two or three little games but New Orleans will be back and our Saints will be home!!!!
Saints won't have an dome or statium in NO for awhile now....they will most likely be playin in SA next year as well.

samikeyp
10-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Enjoy your two or three little games but New Orleans will be back and our Saints will be home!!!!

if it wasn't for our "two or three little games"....."your" team would have 16 road trips. All the players, coached and staff that have been interviewed have heap nothing but praise on San Antonio and the players and coaches implored the NFL to play all their home games here. While I don't agree the whole "San Antonio Saints" thing, SA has been an exceptional host to "your" team.

Oh...and you're welcome. :)

rr2418
10-10-2005, 11:50 PM

First of all, you being a Saints fan I guess you're upset with the title of this post. My intention was to "weed" out all those San Antonians who claim that the Saints are San Antonio's team. I'm with you that the Saints belong to New Orleans and not here. I'm a huge Cowboy fan and always will be, but if SA were to get a team, I would prefer an expansion team. I know, the chances are slim to none that's going to happen. I agree that it is in bad taste that the people in SA are claiming to be the San Antonio Saints. You want to know something sportsfann, Katrina might just keep the Saints in NO. How? Because if the city wants the Saints back, now they must build a new dome/stadium. Tom Benson will get what he wanted all along........a new place to play in.

samikeyp
10-11-2005, 08:08 AM
I just hope the league doesn't lean on Benson to move the team to LA. I agree with rr....the Saints should stay in N.O.

SWC Bonfire
10-11-2005, 08:14 AM
The Saints belong to us, New Orleanians everywhere, until the fat lady sings

You do know that expression was coined by a San Antonio sportscaster, don't you?

samikeyp
10-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Very true.

williemoonshine
10-11-2005, 08:45 AM
You know what is a kick in the butt to me, these unhappy New Orleans Saints "fans" that complain that we have their team right now, yet this city did everything it could and more to take care of them. They should be thankful that they have been given the opportunity to play in such a supportive city, our dollars are supporting the New Orleans Saints, isnt that what matters. Who cares that we display signs that say SA Saints, be thankful that there is still a Saints team to support. The city was given an opportunity to display we can handle an NFL team and thats all it is, sorry it was at the expense of a natural disaster but the games must go on, and the team still needs support and right now the greatest fans in the world, the ones here in San Antonio are taking care of the Saints, SA or not. Now, how bout them _aints! I think I have to point the finger at Brooks this time, what was with him laughing after he threw the pick that was run in for a TD. The air was let out of the tank at that point and everyone gave up, its sad, the team needs a leader right now and Brooks is just not getting it done. I think the loss of Deuce will be the nail in the coffin on the Saints, but as my shirt says "FAITH"

sportsfann1976
10-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Thank all of you for your support, the ones who agree that it was in bad taste to display those signs. We are grateful to San Antonio for giving us somewhere to play however you must understand how we feel. We know they have to play somewhere but put yourselves in our shoes. If it were your Spurs and we were displaying New Orleans Spurs signs in the middle of a disaster. I bet you'd be upset too. There will be more New Orleanians at the Falcons game because they are a long time rival. I do think that our dome will be rebuilt and we will keep our Saints. Thanks all and thanks for tactfully helping us support OUR team.

Horry For 3!
10-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Thank all of you for your support, the ones who agree that it was in bad taste to display those signs. We are grateful to San Antonio for giving us somewhere to play however you must understand how we feel. We know they have to play somewhere but put yourselves in our shoes. If it were your Spurs and we were displaying New Orleans Spurs signs in the middle of a disaster. I bet you'd be upset too. There will be more New Orleanians at the Falcons game because they are a long time rival. I do think that our dome will be rebuilt and we will keep our Saints. Thanks all and thanks for tactfully helping us support OUR team.
Well, yes it may be rebuilt but the question is when.....

Vashner
10-11-2005, 11:32 AM
Too bad ... we want your team.. Resistance is Futile...

sa_butta
10-11-2005, 02:49 PM
You do know that expression was coined by a San Antonio sportscaster, don't you?Dan Cook, I miss that guy.

Rescueone
10-11-2005, 05:27 PM
I don't see the Saints playing in San Antonio next year. Everything is pointing towards LA. I also will like to see San Antonio given an expansion team instead of the Saints. New Orleans, good luck with the stadium issue, but it doesn't look like construction will be complete on a new stadium, or renovations on the dome in time for play next year. Your beef now should be with the commissioner and the city of Los Angeles, not San Antonio. I don't care, you can have your team back, that is if you can get them back.
Good Luck! Round 1 with LA will begin after this season.