PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Finally a segement that talks about the inorganic triple double and its value.

apalisoc_9
01-22-2017, 11:08 PM
Vince did his best to not put James Worthy in a situation of difficulty. But he was clearly trying to get him to say it is watered down and inorganic. James Worthy had figure out a way to say it is while saying it isnt.

The biggest evidence is Harden Chasing those triple doubles when he realized Westbrook was getting all the recognition despite losing most of their games. So what does he doe, start going for them too.

At some point the media will catch up. But its a sensitive issue right now because it still a headline that sells and generate income and revenue to the media.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-22-2017, 11:38 PM
Blame Ricky Davis. Westbrick's trip dubs about as organic as a box of Top Ramen.

AchillesHeel
01-23-2017, 08:39 AM
This is what it looks like when Monkeyball is going for the triple double

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Ur8rtAinI

lefty
01-23-2017, 09:15 AM
80s shitting on t:lolday's NBA once again tbh...

Tragic Johnson and Larry Bird had regular triple doubles without even realizing it

01-23-2017, 10:00 AM
Tragic Johnson and Larry Bird had regular triple doubles without even realizing it
troof nukes tbh

:lol today's NBA

Clipper Nation
01-23-2017, 11:24 AM
Maybe Magic and Bird didn't care about their stats, but DK was obsessed with them:

Selfishness, Part I: Since switching to point guard for the Chicago Bulls, Michael Jordan has become statistic conscious. He has started checking with statisticians to see how close he is to a triple-double. He had a string of seven consecutive triple-doubles broken Friday night.

"The guys at the scorer's desk let me know what I need," Jordan said.

So, too, do the Bulls' assistant coaches.

"They keep reminding me when I get back to the huddle," Jordan said. "They say, 'You need three more of this. You need four more of that.' "

Jordan is trying to win over voters for the league's most valuable player award.

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-04-11/sports/sp-1572_1_players-bicker-johnny-newman-jackson-s-backup

lefty
01-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Of course DK was obsessed with his numbers
So are Russ and Harden

ambchang
01-23-2017, 12:42 PM
Maybe Magic and Bird didn't care about their stats, but DK was obsessed with them:

Selfishness, Part I: Since switching to point guard for the Chicago Bulls, Michael Jordan has become statistic conscious. He has started checking with statisticians to see how close he is to a triple-double. He had a string of seven consecutive triple-doubles broken Friday night.

"The guys at the scorer's desk let me know what I need," Jordan said.

So, too, do the Bulls' assistant coaches.

"They keep reminding me when I get back to the huddle," Jordan said. "They say, 'You need three more of this. You need four more of that.' "

Jordan is trying to win over voters for the league's most valuable player award.

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-04-11/sports/sp-1572_1_players-bicker-johnny-newman-jackson-s-backup

No surprises. He inspired this generation of stat-padding chuckers.

100%duncan
01-23-2017, 08:18 PM
This today yesterday schtick is killing downstairs, worse than naruto and koolaid imho

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2017, 08:55 PM
remember the year kd was out injured, and wb was chasing TDs to make a run at mvp or get his name out there...

well his doing it again this year, like i said TDs only make sense if you win games, if u dont..then u padded stats for a meaningless loss....

if they didnt reward jkidd an mvp for posting TDs then why is WB getting one?