PDA

View Full Version : That Lebron foul on Kawhi

SpursforSix
01-23-2017, 04:45 PM
I forgot about until seeing it again. But if Kawhi hadn't been able to keep a hold of the rim, that would have been an ugly fall.

dabom
01-23-2017, 05:03 PM
I forgot about until seeing it again. But if Kawhi hadn't been able to keep a hold of the rim, that would have been an ugly fall.

His fingers where caught on the net...

SpursforSix
01-23-2017, 05:11 PM

Are you sure? I thought he had the rim with his hand.

SpursforSix
01-23-2017, 05:17 PM

Shit you're right.

SpursforSix
01-23-2017, 05:18 PM

It's a damn good thing. His body was parallel to the floor.

dabom
01-23-2017, 05:21 PM
It's a damn good thing. His body was parallel to the floor.

Dude has cat reflexes. Elite level player. :wow

spurs10
01-23-2017, 05:32 PM
Dude has cat reflexes. Elite level player. :wow :toast

FkLA
01-23-2017, 05:44 PM
I freaked the fuck out when I saw it live. He could've died, tbh. :cry

Dre_7
01-23-2017, 05:50 PM
Good thing he got caught up in the net and good thing LeBron tried to hold him up from falling. Scared the shit out of me when I saw it live too! :lol

TheDoctor
01-23-2017, 05:53 PM
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/56/53/17/12235718/3/920x920.jpg

hater
01-23-2017, 07:47 PM
Delete this fucking thread. God damn if OP jinxed Kawhi. Delete this shit

Seventyniner
01-23-2017, 07:49 PM
Looks like he actually grabbed the net to avoid landing flat on his back. Scared the shit out of me in real time, that's the one player the Spurs cannot afford to lose for any length of time.

sasaint
01-23-2017, 07:49 PM
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/56/53/17/12235718/3/920x920.jpg

INCREDIBLE! Thanks for posting this amazing photo!

Southwest Texas Fan
01-23-2017, 10:42 PM
I know he had hit his hand with someone, I can't remember but what hand did he injure? Was it his right? Maybe that exasperated the hand injury.

TheDoctor
01-24-2017, 09:36 AM
I know he had hit his hand with someone, I can't remember but what hand did he injure? Was it his right? Maybe that exasperated the hand injury.

Left hand. That piece of shit Dick Jefferson grabbed Kawhi's left hand when he was turning a screen.

Kawhi could have hurt his right hand (reason he didn't play last night) after grabbing the net to avoid the fall.

GSH
01-24-2017, 09:50 AM
Should have been a flagrant on that play, just to discourage players from under-cutting a guy who's already in the air. LeBron was beat - sometimes you just have to let it go.

I know some of you will say it's not a flagrant, because nothing bad happened. But that's totally missing the point of flagrant fouls. If a player gets badly hurt on a play like that, a flagrant call is no remedy. Two free throws can't replace a player. It's game changing - could even be season changing. Call the flagrant on that play, and maybe he won't do the same thing the next time. But it was LeBron, after all.

sasaint
01-24-2017, 10:03 AM
Should have been a flagrant on that play, just to discourage players from under-cutting a guy who's already in the air. LeBron was beat - sometimes you just have to let it go.

I know some of you will say it's not a flagrant, because nothing bad happened. But that's totally missing the point of flagrant fouls. If a player gets badly hurt on a play like that, a flagrant call is no remedy. Two free throws can't replace a player. It's game changing - could even be season changing. Call the flagrant on that play, and maybe he won't do the same thing the next time. But it was LeBron, after all.

:toast ...or career changing :(

Cry Havoc
01-24-2017, 11:13 AM

Yeah, if you've ever played ball you know that's the single most terrifying thing that can happen to you on a court aside from an actual injury. There's just no way to compensate.

still.focused
01-24-2017, 11:26 AM

Lebron wasnt beat & he didnt undercut him
Both players are in the air moving toward the baseline after running full spreed
The body contact knocks Kawhi off balance so he grabs the net
Lebron is landing but still moving toward the baseline and ends up under Kawhi whose legs swing freely cuz hes got the net
Dont know where youve played basketball before but you dont jump to undercut someone and you damn sure dont try to catch them afterward
Calling flagrant fouls has nothing to do with future deterrence
Could have turned out bad but completely a basketball play & nothing more than the common foul it was called
Talk about totally missing the point

Phenomanul
01-24-2017, 11:44 AM
Lebron wasnt beat & he didnt undercut him
Both players are in the air moving toward the baseline after running full spreed
The body contact knocks Kawhi off balance so he grabs the net
Lebron is landing but still moving toward the baseline and ends up under Kawhi whose legs swing freely cuz hes got the net
Dont know where youve played basketball before but you dont jump to undercut someone and you damn sure dont try to catch them afterward
Calling flagrant fouls has nothing to do with future deterrence
Could have turned out bad but completely a basketball play & nothing more than the common foul it was called
Talk about totally missing the point

What???? Kawhi jumped first... Lebron jumped afterwards to block the shot (he was beat on the initial play and tried to recover but had no other option but commit a foul - BECAUSE Kawhi was that far ahead of him already - Kawhi was in fact hit on the back of the head in that play).

NameLess Scrub
01-24-2017, 12:19 PM
What???? Kawhi jumped first... Lebron jumped afterwards to block the shot (he was beat on the initial play and tried to recover but had no other option but commit a foul - BECAUSE Kawhi was that far ahead of him already - Kawhi was in fact hit on the back of the head in that play).

Lebron was a bit late for the chase down but tried it anyway. I don't blame him for trying, but it's at least food for thought if it's worth it when he wasn't going to get a stop and the result ended up being dangerous.

still.focused
01-24-2017, 02:35 PM

Revisionist history
In real life they jump at the exact same time
http://i.imgur.com/xzzjkuY.png
He wasnt beat on the play he was just behind it
Just like he is on any of the other gang of chase down blocks hes known for
When he hits Kawhi in the head with his upper arm his hand is actually on the ball
Dont reply, you clearly dont know what your talking about
Thanks in advance

Cry Havoc
01-24-2017, 02:36 PM
Only in real life they jump at the exact same time
http://i.imgur.com/xzzjkuY.png

Definitely not an intentional undercut. Plus James realized he dun goofed and grabbed Kawhi to protect him. He flops a lot but he's not a dirty player.