PDA

View Full Version : IGN.....

apalisoc_9
01-24-2017, 12:36 AM
sDon't really know a whole lot about gaming politics..

But People are legit pissed at them for Giving RE7 a 7.7 while everyone else gave it an 8 at worst and mostly 9s and 10s

According to a friend, they did the same thing with Doom...but gave call of duty a 9 or something...

:lol

Is journalistic dishonesty present in the video gaming business?

baseline bum
01-24-2017, 12:46 AM
IGN has been dead to me ever since they gave that piece of shit GTA IV a score of 10/10.

resistanze
01-24-2017, 01:24 AM
IGN has been dead to me ever since they gave that piece of shit GTA IV a score of 10/10.

:lol Hilary Goldstein

They gave Mass Effect 3 a 9.6 and got shat on as well.

Reck
01-24-2017, 02:39 AM
:lol Hilary Goldstein

They gave Mass Effect 3 a 9.6 and got shat on as well.

I dont get the hate that Mass Effect 3 got. The ending of a game doesn't make or break a game. Besides, they fixed it by expanding, defining and explaning it better.

The story is important but a game should really be judge in it's gameplay imo.

ElNono
01-24-2017, 03:01 AM
lol these nigs gave Watchdogs 2 a 8.5, I'm playing it out of pity of how long it took to download... GTA IV looks like a 10/10 next to this thing... this shit is a 6 tops...

baseline bum
01-24-2017, 07:55 AM
lol these nigs gave Watchdogs 2 a 8.5, I'm playing it out of pity of how long it took to download... GTA IV looks like a 10/10 next to this thing... this shit is a 6 tops...

They gave the first Watch Dogs an 8.4, and that game is completely fucking unplayable. I got bored with Watch Dogs 2 after about 8 minutes, which is still better than the first game I suppose. What did Ubisoft do on this game, accidentally add extra-aliasing instead of AA on all their geometry? Also LOL at Ubisoft making a game about attacking big brother when they're the ones putting always online crap in their games. Have you seen how bad games have to be to get 6 from IGN? They gave The Order 1886 a 6.5. :lol

lefty
01-24-2017, 09:05 AM
:lol their posters' reactions when IGN said PES17 is better than FIFA 17
:lol not accepting the truth

resistanze
01-24-2017, 01:16 PM
I dont get the hate that Mass Effect 3 got. The ending of a game doesn't make or break a game. Besides, they fixed it by expanding, defining and explaning it better.

The story is important but a game should really be judge in it's gameplay imo.

The game wasn't a 9.6 even ignoring story; if you do ignore story then you gotta judge more critically on its gameplay as a third-person shooter. The shooting mechanics, especially for a third iteration was clunky (compared to for instance Gears). Online mode was boring and repetitive. Choices carried from other games were in many cases, moot due to redundant characters (alternate Rachni Queen? Really?).

That being said, I can't ignore story for a story-driven RPG. I'd give the game a 7.5.

lefty
01-24-2017, 03:27 PM
The game wasn't a 9.6 even ignoring story; if you do ignore story then you gotta judge more critically on its gameplay as a third-person shooter. The shooting mechanics, especially for a third iteration was clunky (compared to for instance Gears). Online mode was boring and repetitive. Choices carried from other games were in many cases, moot due to redundant characters (alternate Rachni Queen? Really?).

That being said, I can't ignore story for a story-driven RPG. I'd give the game a 7.5.GET PES 17 SON!

resistanze
01-24-2017, 03:48 PM
GET PES 17 SON!

Have it for PC, plus patches with all original kits and stadiums tbh

Best PES since PES 9 tbh

lefty
01-24-2017, 04:35 PM
Have it for PC, plus patches with all original kits and stadiums tbh

Best PES since PES 9 tbh
I read PES 17 was much better on consoles tbh

Actually I read that the PC version is shit :lol

My PS3 dieded, not buying a PS4 yet and borrowed XBOX One from a relative

:cry no option files for Xbox One

resistanze
01-24-2017, 04:45 PM
I read PES 17 was much better on consoles tbh

Actually I read that the PC version is shit :lol

My PS3 dieded, not buying a PS4 yet and borrowed XBOX One from a relative

:cry no option files for Xbox One

Graphics wise, they skimp on the PC version, it's pretty hilarious. The patches help though.

Gameplay I heard is the same though

DJR210
01-24-2017, 04:51 PM
You are all retards if you use any magazine (especially IGN) employee's opinion to determine if you should get a game. They're all paid off. Read user reviews on the forums to really see what a game is about.

lefty
01-24-2017, 04:59 PM
Graphics wise, they skimp on the PC version, it's pretty hilarious. The patches help though.

Gameplay I heard is the same though
ah ok

Yes the XBOXONE version could have been better graphically, but still, nice presentation with the outside view of the stadiums and the club chants :tu

ElNono
01-24-2017, 09:37 PM
They gave the first Watch Dogs an 8.4, and that game is completely fucking unplayable. I got bored with Watch Dogs 2 after about 8 minutes, which is still better than the first game I suppose. What did Ubisoft do on this game, accidentally add extra-aliasing instead of AA on all their geometry? Also LOL at Ubisoft making a game about attacking big brother when they're the ones putting always online crap in their games. Have you seen how bad games have to be to get 6 from IGN? They gave The Order 1886 a 6.5. :lol

then why bother? I mean, if the floor is 7, then do a 3 star rating system and be done with it :lol

Reck
01-24-2017, 10:07 PM
I was shocked to learn they were making a Watch Dog 2. Given that the first one was utter shit and was not well recieved at all.

baseline bum
01-24-2017, 10:12 PM
then why bother? I mean, if the floor is 7, then do a 3 star rating system and be done with it :lol

Even NBA Live 2016 got a 6. I think they'd have given NBA Elite 11 a 5. :lol

resistanze
01-25-2017, 11:26 AM
I played a couple of hours of Watch Dogs 2, which is more I can say for the original.

Chris
01-25-2017, 09:40 PM
You are all retards if you use any magazine (especially IGN) employee's opinion to determine if you should get a game. They're all paid off. Read user reviews on the forums to really see what a game is about.

Agreed. Steam user reviews are pretty reliable imo