PDA

View Full Version : Alternative facts: Did 3-5 million "illegals" vote in the 2016 election?

Splits
01-24-2017, 05:00 PM
Which facts are correct?

White House Press Secretary Defends Trump's Bogus Allegations of Voter Fraud

Sean Spicer sows more misinformation about the voter fraud myth.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer on Tuesday defended President Donald Trump's false assertion that millions of people voted illegally in the November elections. Spicer repeatedly affirmed that Trump has long held this view, but he could not cite any credible evidence for the belief. Instead, he named a study that does not back up the president's claims.

"The president does believe that," Spicer said in response to a question about illegal voting. "I think he's stated his concerns of voter fraud and people voting illegally during the campaign. And he continues to maintain that belief based on studies and evidence that people have presented to him."

Asked for specific evidence, Spicer replied, "I think the president has believed that for a while based on studies and information he has."

This response spurred more questions from reporters throughout the briefing. NPR's Mara Liasson grilled Spicer on whether Trump will pursue an investigation. "If 3 to 5 million people voted illegally, that is a scandal of astronomical proportions," she said. "I'm asking you, why not investigate something that is the biggest scandal in American electoral history?" Other reporters asked similar follow-up questions, but Spicer said there are currently no plans for an investigation.

Spicer did cite as evidence a 2008 Pew Research Center report that he said supported Trump's claim. But it quickly became clear that this was false.

Members of the media also quickly impugned Spicer's honesty over the exchange.

Spicer's integrity was already on the line after he gave a series of false statements on Saturday regarding the size of the audience at Trump's inauguration and then defended those statements (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/01/white-house-press-secretary-defends-his-false-statements-about-inauguration-crowds) in his first full press conference on Monday.

After the election, Trump tweeted (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-electoral-college-win-tweets-232879) that he would have won the popular vote "if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally." On Monday, in a meeting with congressional leaders from both parties, Trump reportedly spent the first 10 minutes (http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-lawmakers-illegals-cost-me-popular-vote-n711136) claiming again that 3 to 5 million "illegals" had voted. But on Tuesday, Spicer assured the press that Trump is "very comfortable with his win." Trump, Spicer continued (https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/823974749290266624), received the most electoral votes of any Republican president since Ronald Reagan. Again, that's not right: George H. W. Bush got more in 1988.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/01/white-house-press-secretary-defends-trumps-bogus-allegations-voter-fraud

Spurminator
01-24-2017, 05:10 PM
Reality is an insignificant distraction.

baseline bum
01-24-2017, 05:30 PM
It's like Cosmored became president.

Splits
01-24-2017, 05:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C295t-HXEAA9Z_Q.jpg

Splits
01-24-2017, 05:36 PM
It's like Cosmored (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18886) became president.

:lol

or that crazy cunt rmt

AaronY
01-24-2017, 05:43 PM
I like how the numbers he pulls out of his ass is always at least exactly what he lost by in the popular vote.

boutons_deux
01-24-2017, 06:03 PM
"some say" his sicko ego is terrified by being considered to be a illegitimate winner, so he must LIE about Ms of illegal immigrants giving HRC the popular vote.

Spicer, Trash refuse to cite exactly the studies, reports, stats on which Trash bases his LIE

Did any reporters, elections hawks detect Ms of illegal immigrant reporters?

Did any red/state Secretaries of State detect Ms of illegal immigrant reporters?

Ryan says Trash is lying.

Splits
01-24-2017, 06:06 PM
But Tuesday’s briefing presented a problem for a press corps seeking an acceptable answer to why Trump believes ― and recklessly promotes ― a claim that has no basis in fact.Spicer said that Trump’s belief is based on “studies and evidence,” but provided none. At one point, he mentioned a Pew study as potential evidence, though the primary author of the study has already (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/11/29/trump-camps-repeated-use-of-dubious-sources-on-voter-fraud/?utm_term=.4f4030eee806)shot down suggestions that research supports Trump’s claim.

“He believes what he believes based on the information he’s provided,” Spicer told CNN’s Jeff Zeleny, the fourth reporter to raise the issue Tuesday.

“If he does believe that, what does that mean for democracy?” Zeleny asked.

“It means that I’ve answered your question,” Spicer responded.

“Have you?” Zeleny asked.

:lmao this tool Spicer

baseline bum
01-24-2017, 06:14 PM

or that crazy cunt rmt

Not really, she doesn't just make weird shit up like he does.

Splits
01-24-2017, 06:15 PM
Not really, she doesn't just make weird shit up like he does.

Yes, she does. Did you know vaccines cause autism?

clambake
01-24-2017, 06:17 PM
he only says this shit so he can watch people foam at the mouth.

Reck
01-24-2017, 06:19 PM
He should be lucky that illegals dont vote or he would have lost by 50. :lol

Trump is a fucking clown and he brought the whole circus with him. This Sean Spicer guy and lady shark teeth are his chief liers.

spurs1990
01-24-2017, 06:29 PM
They don't ask you for any ID when you show up to vote.

Maybe not 5 million but I'd bet the number is in the thousands of undocumented, resident aliens, felons, etc that voted for the Dems.

Spurminator
01-24-2017, 06:31 PM
I'd bet the number is in the thousands of undocumented, resident aliens, felons, etc that voted for the Dems.

Please explain the process for one of those people to submit a counted vote in an election, starting with registration.

Splits
01-24-2017, 06:34 PM

Maybe not 5 million but I'd bet the number is in the thousands of undocumented, resident aliens, felons, etc that voted for the Dems.

I heard that the underground neo-nazi railroad from Germany and Russia sent billions of white nationalists to vote for Trump

Why did these Soros-organized groups only vote in deep-blue states?

Why did they not vote down-ballot to give Dems the Congress?

Now, go fuck yourself with a huge black dildo

Thread
01-24-2017, 06:35 PM
Though I have to say:::when Obama was President and we questioned wets voting all we heard was "tougheth lucketh" & all we saw was winks & nods. + it wasn't so long ago that Hussein Obama was encouraging illegals to vote---that it was their right.

You're getting exactly what you deserve, Splits.

I've no sympathy for you.

rmt
01-24-2017, 06:36 PM
Yes, she does. Did you know vaccines cause autism?

This is what I said, "I wish people would not issue blanket statements like "vaccines are safe" or "vaccines don't cause autism." They have no idea which child might be on the edge health-wise/psychologically and if those vaccines are what pushed them over the edge."

rmt
01-24-2017, 06:38 PM
I have no objections to vaccines in healthy children, but I would like the option of not vaccinating my child should I have a child with health or some other mental/psychological issue.

Splits
01-24-2017, 06:39 PM
This is what I said, "I wish people would not issue blanket statements like "vaccines are safe" or "vaccines don't cause autism." They have no idea which child might be on the edge health-wise/psychologically and if those vaccines are what pushed them over the edge."

Right. So vaccines most likely probably almost certainly cause autism.

How's your plight of asking non-retard teachers (aka non-homeschoolers) to not teach chemistry in chemistry class going?

Splits
01-24-2017, 06:40 PM
I have no objections to vaccines in healthy children, but I would like the option of not vaccinating my child should I have a child with health or some other mental/psychological issue.

Any child you could possibly bear successfully will have mental/psychological issues with you as their mother.

rmt
01-24-2017, 06:45 PM
Any child you could possibly bear successfully will have mental/psychological issues with you as their mother.

Obviously, there's no point in trying to have a conversation with you.

Thread
01-24-2017, 06:49 PM

Yep. That's Splits.

Splits
01-24-2017, 06:49 PM

How many "illegals" voted in the 2016 presidential election?

Trill Clinton
01-24-2017, 06:57 PM
#seanspicerafilm is trending

rmt
01-24-2017, 07:05 PM

Look, Trump says a lot of stupid things. I warned you all that you're gonna get heartburn or high blood pressure if you let yourselves get in a wad over every stupid thing he says or tweets. I don't stress over everything he says and focus on what he DOES - most of which I like so far.

spurs1990
01-24-2017, 07:17 PM
It is what it is you gotta use every tool at your disposal to combat illegitimacy labels.

I don't begrudge DJT for playing that card. Knowing full well every major media outlet outside FNC is gunning for him.

Reck
01-24-2017, 07:35 PM
I don't stress over everything he says and focus on what he DOES - most of which I like so far.

Like trying to silence the EPA because he can?

I dont know about you but these are things that should start worrying you. It shouldn't have to be a us vs them thing. This is something that should raise eyebrows no matter who you are.

Goes beyond just saying stupid things. Now he's acting on threats.

Thread
01-24-2017, 07:45 PM
It is what it is you gotta use every tool at your disposal to combat illegitimacy labels.

I don't begrudge DJT for playing that card. Knowing full well every major media outlet outside FNC is gunning for him.

Please, even they need the script via the teleprompter. Me? Him? We wouldn't trust those fucks anymore than all the other assholes in that line.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
01-24-2017, 07:52 PM
Press totally took the bait on this one

Trump: millions of illegals voted

Press: no they didn't prove it

Trump: ok, launches investigation of voting in wet back filled states, finds that illegals voted even if it's just a few 1000 votes.
Calls for nation wide photo ID, gets passed.

Studies show up to 30% of African-Americans have no photo ID and can no longer vote:lol

TheSanityAnnex
01-24-2017, 08:43 PM

Trump: ok, launches investigation of voting in wet back filled states, finds that illegals voted even if it's just a few 1000 votes.

Studies show up to 30% of African-Americans have no photo ID and can no longer vote:lolTrump is not stupid and this would be a genius way to make the push for voter ID laws without facing the backlash for doing so.

Reck
01-24-2017, 08:46 PM

Studies show up to 30% of African-Americans have no photo ID and can no longer vote:lol

The funny thing is that a voter did get caught trying to vote twice...for Trump. The bitch is now in jail. :lol

DMC
01-24-2017, 08:50 PM

Hurry! Show everyone your W2 form and that anorexic bitch you have tied up in the attic of that tract home!

Th'Pusher
01-24-2017, 09:20 PM

Actually Spicer was pressed by an NPR reporter during the press conference on an investigation, if Donald actually believes millions of people voted illegally, wouldn't he want to launch an investigation to get to the truth? Spicer brushed the question aside, saying maybe we will investigate and later went on to refer to is as a hypothetical.

This is just more evidence of Donald feeling inadequate. He has a very simple mind dominated by the id.

Thread
01-24-2017, 09:29 PM
Actually Spicer was pressed by an NPR reporter during the press conference on an investigation, if Donald actually believes millions of people voted illegally, wouldn't he want to launch an investigation to get to the truth? Spicer brushed the question aside, saying maybe we will investigate and later went on to refer to is as a hypothetical.

This is just more evidence of Donald feeling inadequate. He has a very simple mind dominated by the id.

...Though he did manage to shove Hillary head first straight into the earth.

Just like that.

boutons_deux
01-24-2017, 10:09 PM
If 3 to 5 Million People Really Voted Illegally, Why Won’t Trump Call For Investigation? WH Refuses to Answer.

“The president does believe that he has stated that before. He has stated his concerns of voter fraud, and he continues to maintain that based on studies and evidence that people have presented to him,”

What followed were four massive dodges by Press Secretary Spicer.

Sean Spicer: I think we won very handily with 306 electoral votes, 33 states. He is very comfortable with his win.

Sean Spicer: As I’ve noted, he believed this for a longtime and I think he won fairly overwhelmingly.

Sean Spicer: We, we will see where we go from here. Now the focus of the president is on putting America first. It was a comment that he made and longstanding belief.

Spicer: First of all, the comment that he made was 3 to 5 million people could have voted illegally based on the studies he’s seen, but he’s certainly declared he’s won the election based on the 306 electoral votes that he got. We are here on Day 2 let’s not prejudge what we may or may not do in the future.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/if-3-to-5-million-people-really-voted-illegally-why-wont-trump-call-for-investigation-wh-refuses-to-answer/

rmt
01-24-2017, 10:13 PM
Like trying to silence the EPA because he can?

I dont know about you but these are things that should start worrying you. It shouldn't have to be a us vs them thing. This is something that should raise eyebrows no matter who you are.

Goes beyond just saying stupid things. Now he's acting on threats.

You guys need to calm down. How can anything be silenced/hidden in this day and age? There's a camera everywhere - with the internet/search capability/hacking, everything will come to light. Look, he hasn't had his cabinet appointments approved yet. He probably is just doing this temporarily since there's no one in charge of the different Departments - wants his policy put out - not whatever leak, opinion.

boutons_deux
01-24-2017, 10:22 PM
He probably is just doing this temporarily since there's no one in charge of the different Departments - wants his policy put out - not whatever leak, opinion.

goddam, you're stupid, haven't been paying ANY attention to the Repugs for at least the last 8 years.

I bet the info clampdown is permanent, at least for many months, a year, and even after Trash/Repugs have installed their apparatchiks

Wild Cobra
01-24-2017, 10:22 PM
When there were some exit polls where people answered that they were not citizens, then yes. The number is plausible.

boutons_deux
01-24-2017, 10:24 PM
When there were some exit polls where people answered that they were not citizens, then yes. The number is plausible.

Then why weren't the red/slave state Secretaries of State all over it?

pgardn
01-24-2017, 10:25 PM
Alternative Facts...

How Fd up is that phrase.
Trump just cannot let things go so he lies and the groupies call it alternative facts...
Stick to the birther crap.

Just fn concentrate for once in your life Donald.

pgardn
01-24-2017, 10:29 PM
...Though he did manage to shove Hillary head first straight into the earth.

Just like that.

Hillary cut her own throat.
Another twit who can't admit being wrong and was an expert at skirting legal.
" What can we get away with" Hillary

boutons_deux
01-24-2017, 10:35 PM
Hillary cut her own throat.

Assange, Comey, Kobach elected Trash.

pgardn
01-24-2017, 10:40 PM
Assange, Comey, Kobach elected Trash.

Clinton Foundation

boutons_deux
01-24-2017, 10:41 PM
Clinton Foundation

Trash tax returns, Trash not divesting from his companies, Trash owned by Russian kleptocrat creditors.

Trash is much more CROOKED than Hillary ever was.

pgardn
01-24-2017, 10:51 PM
Trash tax returns, Trash not divesting from his companies, Trash owned by Russian kleptocrat creditors.

Trash is much more CROOKED than Hillary ever was.

Two bad choices...

Its done.

rmt
01-24-2017, 10:54 PM
goddam, you're stupid, haven't been paying ANY attention to the Repugs for at least the last 8 years.

I bet the info clampdown is permanent, at least for many months, a year, and even after Trash/Repugs have installed their apparatchiks

How about a friendly bet? If it's temporary, you don't comment on all my posts starting with "goddam, you're stupid"? What would you like if it's permanent?

rmt
01-24-2017, 10:57 PM
OT: nothing will dampen my mood tonight. Dd finally host matched at Google.

Th'Pusher
01-25-2017, 07:44 AM

My mistake. Looks like Donald is now calling for a "major investigation" into voter fraud. Should be fun to see how this turns out.

baseline bum
01-25-2017, 08:04 AM
OT: nothing will dampen my mood tonight. Dd finally host matched at Google.

No one gives a shit. This thread is about Trump's faggotry.

tlongII
01-25-2017, 12:17 PM
I have no idea how many illegal votes were in the election, but I'm glad we're going to find out.

boutons_deux
01-25-2017, 12:25 PM
I have no idea how many illegal votes were in the election, but I'm glad we're going to find out.

You'll be sad when they find out, yet again, as dubya's US Attys did, that there is effectively NO IN-PERSON VOTER FRAUD.

Repug racial gerrymandering, counting fraud, illegal electors ARE BLATANT AND PROVEN.

Splits
01-25-2017, 12:35 PM

:lol snowflake president
:lol :cry i won gais put some respek on muh name :cry
:lol wasting taxpayer money because he believes in conspiracies
:lol can't handle the fact he lost by almost 3 million votes
:lol investigating an election he won
:lol Consiprator in Chief

boutons_deux
01-25-2017, 01:21 PM
Of course he would. GA simply won't stand for voter fraud

Responding to Trump's tweets, Gov. Greg Abbott says "voter fraud is real"

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (https://www.texastribune.org/directory/greg-abbott/) said "voter fraud is real" in an interview on Fox News Wednesday morning.

"It must be stopped," Abbott said. "We need every tool to go after it.”

Asked Wednesday how prevalent voter fraud is in Texas, Abbott noted he “prosecuted about 50 voter fraud cases” as attorney general. ??????

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/01/25/responding-trumps-tweets-texas-gov-greg-abbott-say/

Can any of you xenophobe assholes find records of GA running down 50 cases of voter fraud?

hater
01-25-2017, 01:34 PM
We are so going to investigate this. You are going to ask why are we investiating this so mich by the time we get to the investigating. It will be a beautiful investigation. And hell we'll make Mejico pay for it as well :lol

boutons_deux
01-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Man behind conspiracy theory of 3 million illegal voters claims he may release their names

In an interview with the Daily Beast (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/25/he-claimed-there-were-3-million-illegal-voters-now-he-says-he-may-name-them.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thedailybeast%2Farticles+%28T he+Daily+Beast+-+Latest+Articles%29), the man behind the conspiracy theory that there were over 3 million votes cast illegally in the 2016 presidential election claims he has the names of those voters and he is considering releasing them.

Back on Nov. 13, Gregg Phillips, who claims to head up a voter-fraud reporting group, stated on Twitter (https://twitter.com/JumpVote/status/797843232436748288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw), “We have verified more than three million votes cast by non-citizens. We are joining TrueTheVote to initiate legal action. #unrigged.”

It is believed that Trump, who has a relationship with Jones, picked it up from there and has been using it since then to diminish his loss in the popular vote — which also hovers around 3 million votes.

While there is absolutely no evidence of wide-scale voter fraud taking place, that hasn’t stopped Phillips from now stating that he can identify those voters.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/man-behind-conspiracy-theory-of-3-million-illegal-voters-claims-he-may-release-their-names/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

and Trash gets his intelligence briefings from Alex Jones.

CosmicCowboy
01-25-2017, 02:08 PM
How does anyone know? I just went to the online registration in California...it looks like you can register to vote without a drivers license or ID, social security number, or birth certificate by checking the box "I am a US citizen".

TheSanityAnnex
01-25-2017, 02:58 PM

You called it :lol

TheSanityAnnex
01-25-2017, 03:02 PM
How does anyone know? I just went to the online registration in California...it looks like you can register to vote without a drivers license or ID, social security number, or birth certificate by checking the box "I am a US citizen".

I know quite a few of our grove pickers who are here illegally and voted, it isn't hard in California.

CosmicCowboy
01-25-2017, 03:10 PM
I know quite a few of our grove pickers who are here illegally and voted, it isn't hard in California.

Yeah these law abiding illegals would never lie by checking the box "yes".

DarrinS
01-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Probably less than 3 million. Probably much more than zero.

ducks
01-25-2017, 03:23 PM
2.9 milllion did in 2008

spurraider21
01-25-2017, 03:46 PM

Yeah these law abiding illegals would never lie by checking the box "yes".
Crofl that's not how it works.

If you provide your license number and social, then that authorizes election officials to use your DMV signature for your registration application. If not, your application gets forwarded to the election office. You then have to sign and mail a paper application and the elections official will either approve or will contact you when more information is required to confirm eligibility.

Just because you can hit "submit" online without that info doesn't mean you get registered :lmao

CosmicCowboy
01-25-2017, 04:05 PM
Crofl that's not how it works.

If you provide your license number and social, then that authorizes election officials to use your DMV signature for your registration application. If not, your application gets forwarded to the election office. You then have to sign and mail a paper application and the elections official will either approve or will contact you when more information is required to confirm eligibility.

Just because you can hit "submit" online without that info doesn't mean you get registered :lmao

Guess that depends on who is doing the "approving".

You will need to provide your California driver's license or identification card number or the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you do not have any of these numbers leave the field blank and the election officials will assign you a voter identification number.

Splits
01-25-2017, 04:12 PM

Looks like we've found our first two cases to investigate!

spurraider21
01-25-2017, 04:13 PM
Bannon himself is registered in Florida and new York iirc

spurraider21
01-25-2017, 04:17 PM
Guess that depends on who is doing the "approving".
And that is provided that you have been approved. If you have specific reason to believe approvals are granted lawlessly, please cite them.

CosmicCowboy
01-25-2017, 04:28 PM
And that is provided that you have been approved. If you have specific reason to believe approvals are granted lawlessly, please cite them.

:lmao

yeah right. And California doesn't have any sanctuary cities either. As in voluntarily ignoring Federal law.

spurraider21
01-25-2017, 04:59 PM
So no specific reasons. Cool. :tu

rmt
01-25-2017, 05:26 PM
Seems like you only need to swear that you're a citizen - not show documentary proof

Court strikes down proof-of-citizenship voting requirement in 3 states

...People registering to vote in other states are only required to swear that that they are citizens, not show documentary proof.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/10/court-strikes-down-proof-citizenship-voting-requirement-in-3-states.html

And from the national voter registration application - "If you have neither a driver's license nor social security number, please indicate this on the form and a number will be assigned to you by your state."

Spurminator
01-25-2017, 06:30 PM

yeah right. And California doesn't have any sanctuary cities either. As in voluntarily ignoring Federal law.

Pretty bold accusation you're making. And yet the lack of actual examples of this crime is near pizzagate levels.

Spurminator
01-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Trump’s Voter Fraud Example? A Troubled Tale With Bernhard Langer
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/trump-bernhard-langer-voting-fraud.html?_r=0&referer=https://t.co/MU5TAHryYL

By GLENN THRUSH
JANUARY 25, 2017

WASHINGTON — On Monday, President Trump gathered House and Senate leaders in the State Dining Room for a get-to-know-you reception, served them tiny meatballs and pigs-in-a-blanket, and quickly launched into a story meant to illustrate what he believes to be rampant, unchecked voter fraud.

Mr. Trump kicked off the meeting, participants said, by retelling his debunked claim that he would have won the popular vote if not for the three million to five million ballots cast by “illegals.” He followed it up with a Twitter post early Wednesday calling for a major investigation into voter fraud.

When one of the Democrats protested, Mr. Trump said he was told a story by “the very famous golfer, Bernhard Langer,” whom he described as a friend, according to three staff members who were in the room for the meeting.

In the emerging Trump era, the story was a memorable example, for the legislators and the country, of how an off-the-cuff yarn — unverifiable and of confusing origin — became a prime policy mover for a president whose fact-gathering owes more to the oral tradition than the written word.

The three witnesses recall the story this way: Mr. Langer, a 59-year-old native of Bavaria, Germany — a winner of the Masters twice and of more than 100 events on major professional golf tours around the world — was standing in line at a polling place near his home in Florida on Election Day, the president explained, when an official informed Mr. Langer he would not be able to vote.

Ahead of and behind Mr. Langer were voters who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote, Mr. Trump said, according to the staff members — but they were nonetheless permitted to cast provisional ballots. The president threw out the names of Latin American countries that the voters might have come from.

Mr. Langer, whom he described as a supporter, left feeling frustrated, he said.

The anecdote, the aides said, was greeted with silence, and Mr. Trump was prodded to change the subject by Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff, and Senator John Cornyn, Republican of Texas.

Just one problem: Mr. Langer, who lives in Boca Raton, Fla., is a German citizen with permanent residence status in the United States who is, by law, barred from voting, according to Mr. Langer’s daughter Christina.

“He is a citizen of Germany,” she said, when reached on her father’s cellphone. “He is not a friend of President Trump’s, and I don’t know why he would talk about him.”

She said her father was “very busy” and would not be able to answer any questions.

But a senior White House staff member, who was not at the Monday reception but has heard Mr. Trump tell the story, said Mr. Langer saw Mr. Trump in Florida during the Thanksgiving break and told him the story of a friend of Mr. Langer’s who had been blocked from voting.

Either way, the tale left its mark on Mr. Trump, who is known to act on anecdote, and on Wednesday redoubled his efforts to build a border wall and crack down on immigrants crossing the border from Mexico.

The story, the aide added, had made a big impression on Mr. Trump.

Splits
01-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Seems like you only need to swear that you're a citizen - not show documentary proof

Court strikes down proof-of-citizenship voting requirement in 3 states

...People registering to vote in other states are only required to swear that that they are citizens, not show documentary proof.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/10/court-strikes-down-proof-citizenship-voting-requirement-in-3-states.html

And from the national voter registration application - "If you have neither a driver's license nor social security number, please indicate this on the form and a number will be assigned to you by your state."

:lmao you are one stupid cunt

rmt
01-25-2017, 06:54 PM
:lmao you are one stupid cunt

So please explain.

CosmicCowboy
01-25-2017, 07:01 PM
Pretty bold accusation you're making. And yet the lack of actual examples of this crime is near pizzagate levels.

Meh. I'm not going to argue about something neither one of us can prove.

Trill Clinton
01-25-2017, 07:08 PM
trump wasn't lying when he said he can go outside and kill someone in cold blood and his supporters they would STILL support him. gaslighting like a mofo.

spurraider21
01-25-2017, 07:25 PM
If you make the claim that California has voter fraud issues based on your misunderstanding of the website, yeah ur gonna need some evidence for that. Otherwise you're just talking out your ass

CosmicCowboy
01-25-2017, 07:44 PM
If you make the claim that California has voter fraud issues based on your misunderstanding of the website, yeah ur gonna need some evidence for that. Otherwise you're just talking out your ass

I don't "owe" you anything pissant. If you want to believe in rainbows and unicorns and nobody (zero) lying on their voter application it's ok with me. I was 100% correct that no documentation is required.

pgardn
01-25-2017, 07:44 PM

The burden of proof is on you and Trump.

Fire when ready.

da_suns_fan
01-25-2017, 08:44 PM
Trump is not stupid and this would be a genius way to make the push for voter ID laws without facing the backlash for doing so.

Yes he is. I dont know how else to say it.

He simply reacts. He sees something he doesnt like. He reacts.

His defense secretary says torture doesnt work and he says "ok". Then the media reminds him of his tough guy talk during campaign and he doesnt want to look weak. So what does he do? He reacts. He invents stories about generals telling him that torture works. This is all done on the fly. He's just making it up as he goes.

Now his press secretary has to defend his claim that torture works. Who told Trump that? Why does he think that? Do you think that?

He's not a smart guy.

Thread
01-25-2017, 08:47 PM

His defense secretary says torture doesnt work and he says "ok". Then the media reminds him of his tough guy talk during campaign and he doesnt want to look weak. So what does he do? He reacts. He invents stories about generals telling him that torture works. This is all done on the fly. He's just making it up as he goes.

Now his press secretary has to defend his claim that torture works. Who told Trump that? Why does he think that? Do you think that?

He's not a smart guy.

...Smart enough to leave Clinton where he found 'em.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
01-25-2017, 09:33 PM

:lol snowflake president
:lol :cry i won gais put some respek on muh name :cry
:lol wasting taxpayer money because he believes in conspiracies
:lol can't handle the fact he lost by almost 3 million votes
:lol investigating an election he won
:lol Consiprator in Chief

Did I call it or what?

Trump is playing chess while the press is playing monkeyball

spurraider21
01-25-2017, 09:37 PM
I don't "owe" you anything pissant. If you want to believe in rainbows and unicorns and nobody (zero) lying on their voter application it's ok with me. I was 100% correct that no documentation is required.
you dont owe me anything. you are free to talk out your ass. but credibility goes along with that

no documentation required for what? to submit the online portion of the application? sure. but again, having the license/social number only allows them to use your DMV signature to finalize the application. it doesn't confirm your eligibility.

TheSanityAnnex
01-25-2017, 09:45 PM

He's not a smart guy.
He took down Hillary and her 1.2 billion dollar campaign and manipulated the media like no one's ever seen. That takes smarts.

TheSanityAnnex
01-25-2017, 09:48 PM
Did I call it or what?

Trump is playing chess while the press is playing monkeyballRegardless of whether or not you agree with his policies it's pretty amazing to watch him pull this stuff off. He'll now be able to pin the need for voter ID's on the media.

da_suns_fan
01-25-2017, 10:34 PM
He took down Hillary and her 1.2 billion dollar campaign and manipulated the media like no one's ever seen. That takes smarts.

I dont think so. I think he said the most racist stuff, thats all.

At one point Ben Carson surged in the polls when he said a muslim should not be allowed to be president of the united states. But then Trump said we should ban all muslims and that sealed him the nomination.

At one point, I thought MAYBE he was smarter than he appeared. Maybe behind the scenes he's really planning things out and manipulating the media as you say.

Then I saw him show up to that first debate completely unprepared and got his clock cleaned by a girl.

Was that his plan? Did he want to look like a complete idiot?

In the end, of course, it didnt matter. Enough people hated Hillary or were so fed up with Washington they wanted to try something radically different. The Comey letter in the last week was also a huge factor. He won those midwest states by two tenths of a percent combined. Im guessing 2 people out a thousand were swayed by that news.

But lets not pretend like Trump is anything short of a complete idiot. A giant man baby who cant help but react to any negative thing that is said about him.

da_suns_fan
01-25-2017, 10:36 PM
Trumps daughter registered to vote in two states.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoerner/donald-trumps-top-adviser-and-daughter-were-registered-to-vo?utm_term=.pwnjYeLpd#.irWrXPNpl

CosmicCowboy
01-25-2017, 10:56 PM
You still click on buzzfeed? :lol

Spurminator
01-25-2017, 11:02 PM

Yeah why bother arguing the merits of something that may be used to disenfranchise voters.

TheSanityAnnex
01-25-2017, 11:14 PM
I dont think so. I think he said the most racist stuff, thats all.

At one point Ben Carson surged in the polls when he said a muslim should not be allowed to be president of the united states. But then Trump said we should ban all muslims and that sealed him the nomination.

At one point, I thought MAYBE he was smarter than he appeared. Maybe behind the scenes he's really planning things out and manipulating the media as you say.

Then I saw him show up to that first debate completely unprepared and got his clock cleaned by a girl.

Was that his plan? Did he want to look like a complete idiot?

In the end, of course, it didnt matter. Enough people hated Hillary or were so fed up with Washington they wanted to try something radically different. The Comey letter in the last week was also a huge factor. He won those midwest states by two tenths of a percent combined. Im guessing 2 people out a thousand were swayed by that news.

But lets not pretend like Trump is anything short of a complete idiot. A giant man baby who cant help but react to any negative thing that is said about him.

The media is still being manipulated how he sees fit. Trump wants voter ID laws but he can't implement for no good reason and without huge backlash. The media told him to prove his illegal immigrant voter claim, to do so he needs an investigation. This investigation is due to the media calling out his claim of illegals voting, it will uncover some sort of voter fraud be it democrat or republican. Trump will now be able to move forward and say they've found voter fraud and need to implement voter ID laws to prevent it in future elections. Trump gets voter ID laws implemented and it doesn't look like his idea. He's a master at manipulating the media, sit back and watch.

DMX7
01-25-2017, 11:27 PM
2.9 milllion did in 2008
bullshit and Obama still won by 10 million

Reck
01-25-2017, 11:36 PM
bullshit and Obama still won by 10 million

:lol ducks point still irrelevant by the fact Obama still won by 7+ million votes if you give him the fake 3 million illegal votes. :lol

boutons_deux
01-25-2017, 11:41 PM
Republicans gathered in Philadelphia for a three-day retreat showed little fervor for President Donald Trump’s calls to investigate what he believes was large-scale voter fraud in the Nov. 8 election.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/republicans-lay-out-plans-for-obamacare-repeal/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

the halfway sane Repugs TRASH is lying about 5M in-person illegal voters. :lol

Chucho
01-25-2017, 11:47 PM
Oh Boots, you and your silly alternative facts stories. Just as sure as death and taxes are, so is your daily mass copynpaste jobs of fake news, Liberal conspiracy theories and alternative facts.

Th'Pusher
01-25-2017, 11:51 PM
The media is still being manipulated how he sees fit. Trump wants voter ID laws but he can't implement for no good reason and without huge backlash. The media told him to prove his illegal immigrant voter claim, to do so he needs an investigation. This investigation is due to the media calling out his claim of illegals voting, it will uncover some sort of voter fraud be it democrat or republican. Trump will now be able to move forward and say they've found voter fraud and need to implement voter ID laws to prevent it in future elections. Trump gets voter ID laws implemented and it doesn't look like his idea. He's a master at manipulating the media, sit back and watch.

So your latest shtick is to claim Donald is some sort of Svengali playing the media and the American people like a fiddle to get unpopular policy passed?

Watching you go from a moderate who just likes guns, to a supporter of anyone but Hillary, to a man who'd suck Donald's cock while simultaneously promoting the most ridiculous conspiracy theories on the internet has been an interesting evolution to witness.

I've never encountered a more emotionally susceptible man. You're not even smart enough to be a troll. You're an actual case study.

spurraider21
01-25-2017, 11:55 PM
trump has been arguing for voter ID laws for months and months... how the fuck would it get passed but not "look like his idea"

this is beyond retarded

Reck
01-26-2017, 12:02 AM
Watching you go from a moderate who just likes guns, to a supporter of anyone but Hillary, to a man who'd suck Donald's cock while simultaneously promoting the most ridiculous conspiracy theories on the internet has been an interesting evolution to witness.

I've never encountered a more emotionally susceptible man. You're not even smart enough to be a troll. You're an actual case study.

Looks like I'm not the only one who saw the 180, eh TSA? :lmao

TheSanityAnnex
01-26-2017, 12:35 AM
trump has been arguing for voter ID laws for months and months... how the fuck would it get passed but not "look like his idea"

this is beyond retarded

what's retarded is you asking how the fuck would it get passed but not "look like his idea" when you are replying to how I just explained how he could. The media just called out his claim on illegal voters. He's responding with an investigation. The investigation will justify voter ID laws. It's pretty simple. Dirk called it last night before an investigation was even called.

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 12:38 AM
what's retarded is you asking how the fuck would it get passed but not "look like his idea" when you are replying to how I just explained how he could. The media just called out his claim on illegal voters. He's responding with an investigation. The investigation will justify voter ID laws. It's pretty simple. Dirk called it last night before an investigation was even called.i think your explanation is shitty. trump wants voter ID law going in. some shit happens during his presidency, and he passes voter ID law... but its not his idea? so if after one of the many shootings, if obama somehow was able to pass sweeping gun legislation, people wouldn't think it was his idea? :lol...

TheSanityAnnex
01-26-2017, 12:43 AM
So your latest shtick is to claim Donald is some sort of Svengali playing the media and the American people like a fiddle to get unpopular policy passed?

I've never encountered a more emotionally susceptible man. You're not even smart enough to be a troll. You're an actual case study.Donald manipulating the media and using them to achieve whatever goal he has in mind isn't debatable. You may not agree with his endgame but you can't deny his ability to get there. Cute ad hom by the way, a little on the emotional side, but still cute.

TheSanityAnnex
01-26-2017, 12:46 AM
i think your explanation is shitty. trump wants voter ID law going in. some shit happens during his presidency, and he passes voter ID law... but its not his idea? so if after one of the many shootings, if obama somehow was able to pass sweeping gun legislation, people wouldn't think it was his idea? :lol...Trump wouldn't have bi-partisan support trying to ram a voter ID law through on his own. If the investigation reveals mass voter fraud he'll be holding the democrats over the fire.

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 01:02 AM
Trump wouldn't have bi-partisan support trying to ram a voter ID law through on his own. If the investigation reveals mass voter fraud he'll be holding the democrats over the fire.they tried holding republicans over the fire after mass shootings. its the same shit. i know you disagree on the issues, but thats not the point, its the same political game. nobody would believe that it wasn't trump's idea to implement voter ID any more than anybody would believe mass gun reform wouldn't have been obamas ideas

Wild Cobra
01-26-2017, 01:04 AM
Trump wouldn't have bi-partisan support trying to ram a voter ID law through on his own. If the investigation reveals mass voter fraud he'll be holding the democrats over the fire.

I think it will be easy to show illegal aliens voted. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my thought. Once this is shown, yes, the democrats will have their feet to the fire to help pass some type of law protecting the system.

DMC
01-26-2017, 01:41 AM
Odd question in the poll as it seems to want people to form an opinion and back it up. Truth is no one knows. Just more low level troll failure from the losing side.

TheSanityAnnex
01-26-2017, 01:44 AM
they tried holding republicans over the fire after mass shootings. its the same shit. i know you disagree on the issues, but thats not the point, its the same political game. nobody would believe that it wasn't trump's idea to implement voter ID any more than anybody would believe mass gun reform wouldn't have been obamas ideas
Trump wants and can get voter ID laws.
Trump can push through voter ID laws or Trump can start an investigation into voter fraud in response to the media and then show why voter ID laws are needed. Which option is smarter?

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 01:46 AM
Trump wants and can get voter ID laws.
Trump can push through voter ID laws or Trump can start an investigation into voter fraud in response to the media and then show why voter ID laws are needed. Which option is smarter?
oh?

baseline bum
01-26-2017, 01:46 AM
Oh Boots, you and your silly alternative facts stories. Just as sure as death and taxes are, so is your daily mass copynpaste jobs of fake news, Liberal conspiracy theories and alternative facts.

LOL fuck off, this is Trump's conspiracy theory we're talking about here. :lol

Reck
01-26-2017, 01:55 AM
oh?

Yeah. I would like a more in-depth explanation to that claim.

If so, then why go through all the hoops if he can just push it through like he's some sovereign king. And if the "investigation" turns out nothing (which is exactly what it will be) he can still push it through because....Trump? :lol

The investigation would be one huge pointless exercise.

Splits
01-26-2017, 02:08 AM
:lmao snowflake president is one stupid mother fucker. Just read this and tell me one intelligible/intelligent thing he says: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/transcript-abc-news-anchor-david-muir-interviews-president/story?id=45047602

Reck
01-26-2017, 02:10 AM
:lmao snowflake president is one stupid mother fucker. Just read this and tell me one intelligible/intelligent thing he says: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/transcript-abc-news-anchor-david-muir-interviews-president/story?id=45047602

"The business also hits because the -- the size of it. The size."

This read's gone be good. :lmao

Splits
01-26-2017, 02:20 AM
"The business also hits because the -- the size of it. The size."

This read's gone be good. :lmao

:cry but, but Hilary :cry
:cry read her transcript: " " :cry

Splits
01-26-2017, 02:24 AM
Truth is no one knows.

Trump "knows"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3EzQRGVYAANkuV.jpg:large

Tell me again how the polls had a 50% MoE stupid motherfucker

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 02:30 AM
"You don't think it undermines your credibility if there's no evidence?"

"No."

lol

Splits
01-26-2017, 02:41 AM

BanditHiro
01-26-2017, 02:57 AM
illegals don't vote or do anything that could draw attention to themselves.

Splits
01-26-2017, 03:03 AM
lol wut?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3EblksUEAArYTB.jpg

Reck
01-26-2017, 03:30 AM

Trump "knows"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3EzQRGVYAANkuV.jpg:large

Tell me again how the polls had a 50% MoE stupid motherfucker

Goddamn. The stupidity of that man.

How does he know they all voted for her? I like how he makes it sound like there is clear evidence of illegals voting when he said if you look like it's in plain sight. :lol

Moron.

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 04:00 AM
How does he know they all voted for her?really? :rolleyes ... yeah the illegal immigrants are going to vote for the guy who's promising to deport them as one of his major campaign pitches?

Reck
01-26-2017, 04:17 AM
really? :rolleyes ... yeah the illegal immigrants are going to vote for the guy who's promising to deport them as one of his major campaign pitches?

Then why did he find it necessary to say he doesn't believe he got even one vote?

It's a redundant statement.

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 04:38 AM
Then why did he find it necessary to say he doesn't believe he got even one vote?

It's a redundant statement.i agree that hes dumb

Spurminator
01-26-2017, 09:28 AM
Odd question in the poll as it seems to want people to form an opinion and back it up. Truth is no one knows. Just more low level troll failure from the losing side.

Plenty of people know that 3-5 million illegals didn't vote in the election.

TheSanityAnnex
01-26-2017, 10:33 AM
Trump himself knows that 3-5 million illegals didn't vote in the election.

boutons_deux
01-26-2017, 10:38 AM
Trash keeps repeating it, gonna be Congressional investigation, etc, etc.

It's a preamble to even more Repug voter disenfranchisement, and setting up the illegals as criminal voters.

DMC
01-26-2017, 10:39 AM

No they don't. They suspect it. Knowledge is much different than suspicion. Besides, are we talking about illegal votes or illegal immigrants voting?

Splits
01-26-2017, 10:54 AM
Your Basic Primer on Why Trump's Voter Fraud Claims Are Bullshit (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/your-basic-primer-on-why-trump-s-voter-fraud-claims-are-bullshit)

With President Trump lying about widespread vote fraud in the 2016 election (which he won!), I thought it was time for a refresher and primer on the entire issue of voter fraud.

TPM has been reporting on this story as one of the central points of our editorial focus for more than fifteen years. I'm proud to say there is probably no issue about which we have more institutional knowledge and few publications that have more institutional knowledge of or experience reporting on this issue.

Voter fraud is extremely rare in the United States. Organized voter fraud (which is basically required to commit fraud at scale) is close to non-existent. And voter impersonation fraud - voting in the name of another person - all but never happens.

1. Let's review some details. A 2014 study (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/06/a-comprehensive-investigation-of-voter-impersonation-finds-31-credible-incidents-out-of-one-billion-ballots-cast/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.040d1229c5b8) found 31 cases of ballot fraud out of a billion votes cast. Back in December, the Post's Philip Bump found four documented cases of voter fraud (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/01/0-000002-percent-of-all-the-ballots-cast-in-the-2016-election-were-fraudulent/?utm_term=.7f991739ea32) in the entire 2016 election. These are but a couple examples, endlessly documented by TPM and other publications over the last decade and a half, documenting this point. There are dozens more studies of various scales, in various parts of the country and using different forms of evidence. They all arrive at the same conclusion. Indeed, if you remember, the 2006-07 US Attorney Firing scandal grew out of White House attempts to pressure US Attorneys to find and prosecute phantom cases of voter fraud. The US Attorneys in question were unable to find and then unwilling to manufacture it. That triggered efforts, beginning and in the White House and carried out in the Justice Department, to replace them with new US Attorneys who would 'try harder'.

As we've also discussed at length, this entire obsession is rooted in the desire to make voting harder and suppress the vote of Democrats, minorities and the poor. But for the moment, I want to keep to the specifics about the claims themselves. Even to say 'there's no evidence' for Trump's claims is a cop-out. There's also no evidence that Godzilla or King Kong exists. But we're less tentative about saying someone's either crazy or a liar if they say otherwise.

2. Most of the obfuscation and bamboozling about 'voter fraud' is actually about voter registration fraud. Unlike voter fraud, voter registration fraud does happen. Not a lot. But it does happen. It is important to understand what voter registration fraud is. It is almost entirely rooted to the fact that voter registration drives rely on paid workers. And they're often paid by the signed up voter. This inevitably creates an incentive to submit bogus registrations. That's how you get Mary Poppins and Mickey Mouse registered to vote. This is a serious crime which should be and is prosecuted. But here's the catch. Mickey Mouse is not a real person. Neither is Mary Poppins. So the fact that their names might occasionally show up on voter rolls is an administrative nuisance, not a threat to the integrity of elections. (The real victim in almost every case of voter registration fraud is the organization who was paying to get real voters registered.) Of course, sometimes the fake registration is Joe Smith. In theory, someone could show up with a fake ID for Joe Smith and cast a fraudulent vote. In practice, there's zero evidence this happens.

If you think about it, there's a good reason why: it is a wildly inefficient way to shift elections or accomplish anything. To operate at scale, a substantial number of people have to commit serious felonies and thus risk serious jail time, coordinate fake identities, identify people who will actually cast the ballots, etc. Conspiracies at scale are hard to keep secret. It's far more efficient just to find eligible voters to vote. It's true that one person could fraudulently register under five different names for five different precincts and then vote in each on election day. But if you consider the incentives - major felonies and jail time risked for a totally inconsequential effect on an election - you can see why this simply doesn't happen. Indeed, hypotheticals aren't the point. The key is the evidence. It's not just numerous studies demonstrating the virtual non-existence of voter impersonation fraud. We have numerous cases of elected officials launching probes trying to find evidence of voter fraud to further political agendas and finding nothing (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/this-is-important-give-it-a-read). The evidence tells the story: voter impersonation fraud is close to non-existent in contemporary America.

Impersonation voter fraud is not the only kind of voter fraud. In recent decades the real source of election fraud is tied to absentee ballots. Still very rare. But it does happen. The problem is that Voter ID laws are only relevant for voter impersonation fraud, which essentially doesn't exist. But Voter ID laws help suppress voting. That's why we have them. The reality is that to commit voter fraud at scale it basically has to be done by the people running the election, not the folks voting. And there are various reforms from the mid-20th century forward which make that very rare.

3: Are undocumented immigrants ("illegals") voting? Forget about insane conspiracy theories about millions of ineligible voters voting, are small but significant numbers doing so? The evidence says no, the same scale of evidence noted above. Why? The most obvious answer is that undocumented immigrants tend to steer clear of interaction with the state whenever possible. After all, they're subject to deportation! But again, there's no evidence. And many, many interested parties have tried to find it.

4. Are there dead people on the voting rolls? Yes, there. Why? Here's the thing: We all die! (I'm sorry.) The other thing is this: The United States has a highly localized, mainly-unintegrated and deeply underfunded voter system. When someone dies, there's no immediate or efficient way names get taken off the rolls. Some jurisdictions review death certificates, some don't. Of course, people don't necessarily die where they were registered to vote. Their death certificates may not precisely match their name on the voting rolls. The addresses may not be the same.

Something comparable applies when you move. If you used to live in another state, did you notify the state you left that you were leaving and should no longer be registered to vote? Hint: don't pretend you did. You didn't. There are ways that registrars try to take account of who's left the jurisdiction. But they tend to be haphazard and are very uneven across jurisdictions. The upshot is that with a mobile population and the continued existence of death, it is inevitable that voter rolls include lots of people who either no longer live in the jurisdiction or no longer live at all. The obvious answer is to purge the voting rolls of people who either haven't voted in a long time or whose names show up on death certificates or who can be cross-referenced with other data. But these 'purges', because of the haphazard nature of the entire voting system, usually end up purging totally legitimate voters. Is Joe Jones who moved to Nebraska the same one who is registered in California? Indeed, this is a major reason why many purges take place - to knock people off the rolls for the purposes of voter suppression.

It would be possible to create a national voter registration system which integrated citizenship records, death records, records of movement and residency and kept the vote rolls clean and up to date. But it would cost a lot of money and run afoul of all sorts of federalism and (potentially) privacy concerns. It would also make it much, much easier to vote. And Republicans have been committed to preventing that for some time. Basically, as a country, we've made a choice to have a disorganized and underfunded voting system. That virtually guarantees out of date voter rolls. That's not good. But there's zero evidence those out of date rolls are used for fraud. So basically it's not a problem, even though people exploit scary data (millions of dead people on the voting rolls!!!) for the purposes of making it hard for non-white people and poor people of all races to vote. Because people are basically terrible and have no shame.

That's the story. Voter fraud is close to non-existent in the United States going back more than half a century. When it's brought up, it is almost always to discredit fair elections or with the political agenda of making it hard to vote. The folks who push this are liars.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2017, 10:55 AM

Just so we're clear, youre implying that Trump is pretending to look stupid in front of the world on purpose so he can better suppress the democratic vote.

TheSanityAnnex
01-26-2017, 11:25 AM
Just so we're clear, youre implying that Trump is pretending to look stupid in front of the world on purpose so he can better suppress the democratic vote.I think he wanted an investigation into illegal voting and knew the media would call him on his claim with the end result being an investigation leading to voter ID laws. I've learned from watching Trump this election cycle not to make a knee jerk reaction days after he says something.

TheSanityAnnex
01-26-2017, 11:28 AM
Your Basic Primer on Why Trump's Voter Fraud Claims Are Bullshit (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/your-basic-primer-on-why-trump-s-voter-fraud-claims-are-bullshit)

Did you mask the link on purpose because it's one of boutons favorite sites? http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/your-basic-primer-on-why-trump-s-voter-fraud-claims-are-bullshit

Splits
01-26-2017, 11:32 AM
Did you mask the link on purpose because it's one of boutons favorite sites? http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/your-basic-primer-on-why-trump-s-voter-fraud-claims-are-bullshit

:lol I put the link in the title of the article and the second sentence starts with "TPM"

Care care to disagree with any of his points? I know it's no 4chan pizza story, but...

TheSanityAnnex
01-26-2017, 11:38 AM
:lol I put the link in the title of the article and the second sentence starts with "TPM"

Care care to disagree with any of his points? I know it's no 4chan pizza story, but...

I'd care for you to answer my question.

clambake
01-26-2017, 11:39 AM
i prefer thin crust.

Splits
01-26-2017, 11:43 AM
I'd care for you to answer my question.

It was an implicit "no".

Now, what points do you care to dispute?

TheSanityAnnex
01-26-2017, 11:45 AM
It was an implicit "no".

Now, what points do you care to dispute?

Thank you for a straight answer. I never questioned the article's content just your method of presentation, carry on.

DMC
01-26-2017, 11:47 AM
Voter fraud is smoke and mirrors disguising the real issue: Votes that simply don't matter. 3.5 million people, legal or not, are irrelevant if their votes didn't swing the election. If you had 30,000 voters in Florida you could buy, you could likely swing an election here and there. In California, you'd be shit out of luck.

This is the kind of shit that happens when you spend your entire campaign trying to de-legitimize the opponent and the next several weeks rallying for support for your previous failed endeavor. Eventually you'll piss someone off and they'll come after you, but now that someone has the power of the highest office in the land.

boutons_deux
01-26-2017, 11:51 AM
3.5 million of voter fraud is ALWAYS relevant, in EVERY election.

Hillary lost the EC by 80K votes out of 120M+

Comey, Assange, Kobach elected Trash. He's FUCKING ILLEGITIMATE and mentally ill, and he's going down.

Hillary going negative on Trash is bad, but Trash going negative on Hillary is nothing?

Hillary talk more policy than Trash, but Trash appealed to base emotions, racism, xenophobia, misogyny, and LIED non-stop, and you fucking idiots sucked it all down.

boutons_deux
01-26-2017, 11:52 AM
As Trump screeches 'voter fraud' claims, Steve Bannon is registered to vote in TWO different states (http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/25/1624999/-As-Trump-screeches-voter-fraud-claims-Steve-Bannon-is-registered-to-vote-in-TWO-different-states)

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/25/1624999/-As-Trump-screeches-voter-fraud-claims-Steve-Bannon-is-registered-to-vote-in-TWO-different-states?detail=email&link_id=7&can_id=4217e8eb109c68bd0c2e4143dd2d8c15&source=email-trumps-top-staffers-have-their-own-private-email-server-trump-is-still-using-his-unsecured-phone&email_referrer=trumps-top-staffers-have-their-own-private-email-server-trump-is-still-using-his-unsecured-phone___158341&email_subject=boom-wapo-went-there

but did Kobach block Bannon from voting?

Spurminator
01-26-2017, 12:35 PM
No they don't. They suspect it. Knowledge is much different than suspicion. Besides, are we talking about illegal votes or illegal immigrants voting?

I suspect there is no such thing as the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Based on Trump's anecdote that is driving this entire thing, it's clear that he believes most of the votes are from illegal immigrants, but he likely also believes the James O'Keefe-type conspiracy peddling of democrats recruiting felons and others to vote using the names of the dead, etc. Regardless, no rational person (even on Trump's team) believes 3-5 million illegal votes were cast.

RandomGuy
01-26-2017, 12:42 PM

2000/128,825,223 =0.0016%

5,000,000/2000 = 2500

So the effect was overstated by three orders of magnitude, and constituted 16 ten-thousandths of a percent of the total votes cast.

Sounds about right, given the data we have, which is pretty much non-existent, for a supposed massive fraud.

LOL massive conspiracy theory

The Defendant in Chief is allowing himself to be painted into a corner by his own ego.

RandomGuy
01-26-2017, 12:52 PM
I think he wanted an investigation into illegal voting and knew the media would call him on his claim with the end result being an investigation leading to voter ID laws. I've learned from watching Trump this election cycle not to make a knee jerk reaction days after he says something.

I think you give a mediocre mind far too much credit.

But hey, let's go with it.

The investigation, if ordered, will have to be paid for.

Dems get to point out the cost.

The likelihood of finding something is remote, to be charitable.

Dems get to point out the lack of evidence, and get to talk about Republican voter suppression efforts.

Not exactly good for the Republican party to spend money on their presidents conspiracy theory, only to come up empty.

Chucho
01-26-2017, 01:12 PM
LOL fuck off, this is Trump's conspiracy theory we're talking about here. :lol

You fuck off. I was talking to Pussy In Boots and his batshit crazy conspiracy theories and fake-news spreading. :lol

Help yourself to the barrel o' corks there on your way out. Libs say they're good for anal leakage.

baseline bum
01-26-2017, 01:40 PM
You fuck off. I was talking to Pussy In Boots and his batshit crazy conspiracy theories and fake-news spreading. :lol

Help yourself to the barrel o' corks there on your way out. Libs say they're good for anal leakage.

LOL bitching about liberals when your boy in the White House is a massive conspiracy theorist. LOL him claiming Cruz's dad was in on the plot to kill JFK.

Splits
01-26-2017, 01:54 PM

Why don't you enlighten us on the Sandy Hook "facts" you've got?

Chucho
01-26-2017, 02:57 PM
LOL bitching about liberals when your boy in the White House is a massive conspiracy theorist. LOL him claiming Cruz's dad was in on the plot to kill JFK.

He wasn't and I'm not bitching about Libs rn. I'm poking fun at the Political forum's Avante- just a more batshit crazy version who is lonelier.

But Cruz's dad wasn't in on the JFK hit. It was Lyndon Baines Johnson and the Bankers who killed him. People want to talk about "Trumps abuses of power on Day 1", yet no one on the Left talks about The Template's (Template for all future Lib Pres. to lie about war, civil rights and wealth gap) 1st EO he passed within an hour of being sworn in- repealing JFK's EO taking the Fed back from private bankers' control. The Left gladly killed their only decent Pres because he actually showed genuine care for his people.

Chucho
01-26-2017, 03:00 PM
Why don't you enlighten us on the Sandy Hook "facts" you've got?

Like with JFK and 9/11, I'm a believer that physics just aren't defied during shady investigations nor do I accept everything the Government tells us, especially the Left since they have a proven track record of lying, getting caught lying and trying to bail out of the lie with more lies.

Tell me more about the NBA being fixed and the "facts" you've got?

vy65
01-26-2017, 03:05 PM

There is no credible, peer-reviewed, scientific evidence that supports the claim that vaccines cause autism. In this case, the blanket statement is correct.

Too bad polio doesn't distinguish between healthy children and those with mental/psychological issues.

Splits
01-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Like with JFK and 9/11, I'm a believer that physics just aren't defied during shady investigations nor do I accept everything the Government tells us, especially the Left since they have a proven track record of lying, getting caught lying and trying to bail out of the lie with more lies.

lol Sandy Hook truther

baseline bum
01-26-2017, 03:28 PM

You're a 9-11 truther? How was physics defied in the official story for the JFK assassination?

SnakeBoy
01-26-2017, 04:30 PM
Dems get to point out the cost...

...and get to talk about Republican voter suppression efforts.

Is the debt/deficit a winning issue for the Dems?

Dems have been talking about voter suppression for 8 years while losing power at every level of govt. How is it suddenly going to be a winning issue for them?

spurs1990
01-26-2017, 04:44 PM
2000/128,825,223 =0.0016%

5,000,000/2000 = 2500

So the effect was overstated by three orders of magnitude, and constituted 16 ten-thousandths of a percent of the total votes cast.

Sounds about right, given the data we have, which is pretty much non-existent, for a supposed massive fraud.

LOL massive conspiracy theory

The Defendant in Chief is allowing himself to be painted into a corner by his own ego.

I like Trump, and am dead set on being as even-keel about him on this forum as possible...and I'm more than willing to say he could be egoing it up with this thing.
I mean it's obviously not past his character trait, much to the chagrin of people who despise him.

BUT, don't you think either way we should agree there needs to be better accountability for who votes?

For that 3-5 mil illegal vote figure, I suspect Trump used a study from right-wing Infowars.com to get his number from.
Infowars used their data from what looks to be a very haphazardly placed website called votefraud.org, which may also be a partisan outfit.

Now I recognize easily how this claim can't be substantiated based on flimsy-ass internet based material, but here's what I know from my own POV about how people vote:

An hour before my local precinct closed Nov 8, I walked in and as soon as I pulled out my ID, the attendant at the table refused to look at it.
Since I hadn't registered anyway I was taken to another room to do something called an 'provisional' ballot. Again I pulled out my DL and the worker said "oh we don't look at those here".

I mean if this type of 'c'est la vie' oversight is common at precincts all over, well then I suspect it's pretty easy to commit voter fraud.

(I do want to say I didn't actually vote...I walked out after they brought out the provisional ballot form.)

*note - I have never voted before, and until Nov 8 had never even attempted to do so.
I just wanted to find out what it actually entailed.

RandomGuy
01-26-2017, 05:24 PM

Vaccines do not cause autism.

This is not something that is subject to interpretation.

This is a verifiable, objective fact.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html

Objective:
To evaluate the association between autism and the level of immunologic stimulation received from
vaccines administered during the first 2 years of life.

Study design:
We analyzed data from a case-control study conducted in 3 managed care organizations (MCOs) of
256 children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and 752 control children matched on birth year, sex, and MCO. In
addition to the broader category of ASD, we also evaluated autistic disorder and ASD with regression. ASD diagnoses
were validated through standardized in-person evaluations. Exposure to total antibody-stimulating proteins
and polysaccharides from vaccines was determined by summing the antigen content of each vaccine received, as
obtained from immunization registries and medical records. Potential confounding factors were ascertained from
parent interviews and medical charts. Conditional logistic regression was used to assess associations between
ASD outcomes and exposure to antigens in selected time periods.

Results
The aOR (95% CI) of ASD associated with each 25-unit increase in total antigen exposure was 0.999
(0.994-1.003) for cumulative exposure to age 3 months, 0.999 (0.997-1.001) for cumulative exposure to age 7
months, and 0.999 (0.998-1.001) for cumulative exposure to age 2 years. Similarly, no increased risk was found
for autistic disorder or ASD with regression.

Conclusion:
In this study of MCO members, increasing exposure to antibody-stimulating proteins and polysaccharides
in vaccines during the first 2 years of life was not related to the risk of developing an ASD. (J Pediatr
2013;163:561-7).

http://www.jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(13)00144-3/pdf?ext=.pdf

It has been studied. The above item is not the only study, all reaching the same conclusion.

No link has been found.

RandomGuy
01-26-2017, 05:37 PM
I like Trump, and am dead set on being as even-keel about him on this forum as possible...and I'm more than willing to say he could be egoing it up with this thing.
I mean it's obviously not past his character trait, much to the chagrin of people who despise him.

BUT, don't you think either way we should agree there needs to be better accountability for who votes?

For that 3-5 mil illegal vote figure, I suspect Trump used a study from right-wing Infowars.com to get his number from.
Infowars used their data from what looks to be a very haphazardly placed website called votefraud.org, which may also be a partisan outfit.

Now I recognize easily how this claim can't be substantiated based on flimsy-ass internet based material, but here's what I know from my own POV about how people vote:

An hour before my local precinct closed Nov 8, I walked in and as soon as I pulled out my ID, the attendant at the table refused to look at it.
Since I hadn't registered anyway I was taken to another room to do something called an 'provisional' ballot. Again I pulled out my DL and the worker said "oh we don't look at those here".

I mean if this type of 'c'est la vie' oversight is common at precincts all over, well then I suspect it's pretty easy to commit voter fraud.

(I do want to say I didn't actually vote...I walked out after they brought out the provisional ballot form.)

*note - I have never voted before, and until Nov 8 had never even attempted to do so.
I just wanted to find out what it actually entailed.

It is remarkably easy to commit a wide range of felonies.

The problem with this though, is try walking into the same precinct four or five times to vote, assuming you wanted to.

Or alternately, try walking into five different precincts to vote, waiting in line each time.

You have now added 5 votes out of 123,000,000 if successful.

Now try replicating that 10,000 times to have some hope of effecting results in any material way.

Massive fraud like that would, by necessity, involve large numbers of people, and make for a conspiracy that is easy to crack.

The implausibility of a massive fraud scenario is the same implausibility that crushes the "faked moon landing" and "9-11 inside job" memes.

I think Trump is dangerously ignorant, and surrounding himself with people who have every reason to filter out necessary, true information.

I am willing to give the man a modest benefit of doubt in the hope that "fuck it, let's try this" succeeds, but my understanding of his policies and positions leads me to think he will fail spectacularly, and damage the country in ways that we will be dealing with until I croak.

The only silver lining is that the Republican party will be so badly damaged that they will fail spectacularly in the 2020 elections, allowing some reversal of the corrosive, democracy destroying gerrymandering that the GOP has done.

Thread
01-26-2017, 06:05 PM
I am willing to give the man a modest benefit of doubt

Please. You're already mashin' the panic button and he ain't been in a week.

You just want it like it was. Where every day is the same as the previous day. He gets in there and immediately knocks over the apple cart and all the fuckin' fine china.

- "Oh, God. What'll I do?"

- RG

spurs1990
01-26-2017, 06:12 PM
I am willing to give the man a modest benefit of doubt in the hope that "fuck it, let's try this" succeeds, but my understanding of his policies and positions leads me to think he will fail spectacularly, and damage the country in ways that we will be dealing with until I croak.

The only silver lining is that the Republican party will be so badly damaged that they will fail spectacularly in the 2020 elections, allowing some reversal of the corrosive, democracy destroying gerrymandering that the GOP has done.

Firstly, I think you're a reasonable individual, and I'll concede the issue on voter fraud altogether.
If Trump/Pence loses in 2020, they have four years of policies to blame.

But I do want to say your sentiment I've bolded is similar to what I heard in my 20s during the Bush years.
...They hyperbole towards that guy from what I recall may have been equal to the current pres.

So the point is we've already been in this position, and we're still standing.

I'm certainly no poli-sci major or follow political theory close enough to discern the true effect a POTUS has on society, but my best guess is that it's overstated.

Plenty of checks/balances out there to prevent any catastrophic events that you may be alluding to.

As an example relating to this thread - Trump is gung ho about controlling immigration, but there's mayors stating today they won't abide by any regulations relating to sanctuaries.
And so the power is actually at the local level.

For your 2020 prediction, I still think the Dems need to back away from identity politics.... the pendulum has swung on that - as the unexpected results in WI, PA, and MI bore out.

boutons_deux
01-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Rep. Chaffetz: ‘I Don’t See Any Evidence’ of Voter Fraud, House Oversight Committee Won’t Investigate
http://www.mediaite.com/online/rep-chaffetz-i-dont-see-any-evidence-of-voter-fraud-house-oversight-committee-wont-investigate/

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

RandomGuy
01-27-2017, 11:49 AM
Please. You're already mashin' the panic button and he ain't been in a week.

You just want it like it was. Where every day is the same as the previous day. He gets in there and immediately knocks over the apple cart and all the fuckin' fine china.

- "Oh, God. What'll I do?"

- RG

I am big enough to say that is fairly close to the truth.

I have to figure out what to think of things, and that requires some mental effort. I know a lot of his policies are dumb, but am interested to see if I am wrong.

I hope I am wrong about this stuff, although I tend to be careful enough to make being wrong a fairly rare thing.

At this point, I will let the clown have enough rope to hang himself. That is the "modest benefit of doubt". If it works out, great, I will have learned something.

If it doesn't, I will be the first to say I told you so.

Thread
01-27-2017, 11:51 AM
I am big enough to say that is fairly close to the truth.

I have to figure out what to think of things, and that requires some mental effort. I know a lot of his policies are dumb, but am interested to see if I am wrong.

I hope I am wrong about this stuff, although I tend to be careful enough to make being wrong a fairly rare thing.

At this point, I will let the clown have enough rope to hang himself. That is the "modest benefit of doubt". If it works out, great, I will have learned something.

If it doesn't, I will be the first to say I told you so.

I'll just bet you do.

boutons_deux
01-27-2017, 12:12 PM
Trump Hits A New Level Of Delusion By Calling Debunked Tweet Voter Fraud Evidence

Donald Trump has found “proof” of his totally wrong, misleading belief that massive voter fraud is what caused him to lose the popular vote by historic margins.

Where is this proof?

Oh, well, it’s in a tweet from a random person, and has been thoroughly debunked by PolitiFact.

Way back in November.

Gregg Phillips @JumpVote (https://twitter.com/JumpVote)

We have verified more than three million votes cast by non-citizens.

We are joining .@TrueTheVote (https://twitter.com/TrueTheVote) to initiate legal action. #unrigged (https://twitter.com/hashtag/unrigged?src=hash)
10:47 AM - 13 Nov 201 (https://twitter.com/JumpVote/status/797843232436748288)6

10,69310,693 Retweets (https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=797843232436748288)
9,8469,846 likes (https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=797843232436748288)

Gregg Phillips @JumpVote (https://twitter.com/JumpVote)

Completed analysis of database of 180 million voter registrations.

Number of non-citizen votes exceeds 3 million.

Consulting legal team.
5:23 PM - 11 Nov 2016 (https://twitter.com/JumpVote/status/797218284034752512)

“According to his page on LinkedIn, Phillips is a former finance director of the Alabama Republican Party.

He also served as executive director of the Mississippi Republican Party and was managing director of a super PAC that supported Newt Gingrich’s 2012 campaign for president.”PolitiFact noted,

“There is no report from VoteFraud.org, however, and Phillips told PolitiFact he is not affiliated with that website. The information comes from tweets made by from Phillips on Nov. 11 and Nov. 13.”

Oh, so Phillips is not associated with the website Vote Fraud. Just the app. There is no “study” but there was that tweet.

====

Cody Johnston (https://twitter.com/drmistercody)
(https://twitter.com/drmistercody)✔ @drmistercody (https://twitter.com/drmistercody)

.@realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump) VoteStand is an app for random whackjobs to intimidate people and take pictures of what "looks like" voter fraud to them.

Cody Johnston (https://twitter.com/drmistercody)
(https://twitter.com/drmistercody)✔@drmistercody (https://twitter.com/drmistercody)

.@realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump) Here's an example from the app. "Jumbled wires" near a voting booth looks like "machine tampering". Or, a fan. Or, wires. pic.twitter.com/hRJuBoEDQl (https://t.co/hRJuBoEDQl)
7:40 AM - 27 Jan 2017 (https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/824975311339085824)

Donald Trump saw a tweet, never more evidence will he need.

This is right up there with Trump’s “thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering” claim that thousands of Arabs were cheering in New Jersey after 9/11. Even when presented with evidence that he was wrong, Trump doubled down and claimed he “saw it on television.” (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/11/22/donald-trumps-outrageous-claim-that-thousands-of-new-jersey-muslims-celebrated-the-911-attacks/?utm_term=.240ff36906be)This simply never happened.

And so we are about to waste millions upon millions hunting down those imaginary fraudulent voters,

so that Donald Trump can believe that America doesn’t hate him quite as much as it does.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/27/trump-hangs-hopes-imaginary-voter-fraud-study-tweet.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politi cus+USA+%29Cody Johnston (https://twitter.com/drmistercody)
(https://twitter.com/drmistercody)
Trash is a ignorant fool, a naive clown, addle-brained, seriously damaged pscyhe, all perfect qualities for any President, any country.

Thread
01-27-2017, 12:16 PM
HOME (http://www.washingtontimes.com/)
NEWS (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/)
POLITICS (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/politics/)

Trump argument bolstered: Clinton received 800,000 votes from noncitizens, study finds

SearchSearch Keyword:

RECOMMENDED

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2017/01/26/1_262017_ap-170216245634798201_c1151-0-4246-3095_s85x85.jpg?a7de19587b450045a10373fcb7acf364e1 608ecd (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/isis-airstrike-limits-in-iraq-come-under-review/)
ISIS airstrike limits in Iraq come under review; Mattis looks at Mosul (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/isis-airstrike-limits-in-iraq-come-under-review/)

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2017/01/26/mexico_trump_11505_c456-0-2135-1679_s85x85.jpg?2ae13b848e63ac097ad3444e987728f875 de6695 (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/trump-plan-for-wall-on-border-sinks-talks-with-mex/)
Trump plan for wall on border sinks talks with Mexico (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/trump-plan-for-wall-on-border-sinks-talks-with-mex/)

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2016/12/21/AP_16211591288602_c111-0-811-700_s85x85.jpg?cdba7d6e8c28599cb9f3e5185e3d088a843 b3075 (http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/top-nfl-quarterbacks-all-time/)
Best NFL quarterbacks of all time — ranked (http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/top-nfl-quarterbacks-all-time/)

http://images.outbrain.com/Imaginarium/api/uuid/f29415d745c875269961ea2140e4e36ca745085e267dac09ce 67d0e1c75396da/85/85/1.0Don't Buy Furniture Until You See This SiteWayfair (http://www.wayfair.com/gateway.php?refid=outbwf60.NV0253&site=0009a146c489206084d366cc7fdce2fca6)

Sponsored Content by (http://www.outbrain.com/what-is/default/en)

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2017/01/26/Trump_Republicans_79694.jpg-3f6d7_c655-0-3276-2621_s85x85.jpg?6559b7a5a5196d78694cdebb04f5ff734f 0391b3 (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/trump-gop-lawmakers-we-have-deliver/)
Trump to GOP lawmakers: ‘We have to deliver’ (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/trump-gop-lawmakers-we-have-deliver/)

http://media.washtimes.com.s3.amazonaws.com/media/image/2016/08/17/Gundry-85.jpg (http://gundrymd.com/cmd.php?ad=814771)
How To: Fix Your Fatigue And Get More Energy (http://gundrymd.com/cmd.php?ad=814771)

COMMENTARY

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/img/staff/2014/wesley-pruden-350_1_s85x119.jpg?aa9e42ea593811e08acc2f2e2737164a b5d201f0 (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/hillary-clinton-received-800000-votes-from-nonciti/)
Wesley Pruden (http://www.washingtontimes.com/staff/wesley-pruden/)

A nation derided for doing the right thing (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/america-derided-for-doing-the-right-thing-on-immig/)
http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/img/staff/2016/mercedes-schlapp-350_s85x119.jpg?aa9e42ea593811e08acc2f2e2737164ab5 d201f0 (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/hillary-clinton-received-800000-votes-from-nonciti/)
Mercedes Schlapp (http://www.washingtontimes.com/staff/mercedes-schlapp/)

The very mixed messages from an unwelcoming march (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/the-very-mixed-messages-from-an-unwelcoming-march/)
http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/img/staff/2014/FIELDS_s85x113.jpg?c5c974dea8cbd81c28b167cf54897b7 76a88ba2c (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/hillary-clinton-received-800000-votes-from-nonciti/)
Suzanne Fields (http://www.washingtontimes.com/staff/suzanne-fields/)

Telling the post-truth with alternative facts (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/25/telling-the-post-truth-with-alternative-facts/)
View all (http://www.washingtontimes.com/opinion/)
http://media.washtimes.com.s3.amazonaws.com/media/image/2017/01/23/MMP-capitol-85.jpg (http://mmptrack.com/click.track?CID=374148&AFID=415802&ADID=1843580&SID=wt-sponsored_012317&iris=617431)
New “Retirement” Law: Did You Win Or Lose? (http://mmptrack.com/click.track?CID=374148&AFID=415802&ADID=1843580&SID=wt-sponsored_012317&iris=617431)

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Will President Trump get Mexico to pay for the wall?

Question of the Day YES
NO
NOT SURE

View results (http://www.washingtontimes.com/polls/2017/jan/26/will-president-trump-get-mexico-pay-wall/results/)

STORY TOPICS

SOCIAL ISSUES (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/social-issues/)
POLITICS (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/politics/)
JESSE RICHMAN (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/jesse-richman/)
HILLARY CLINTON (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/hillary-clinton/)
OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/old-dominion-university/)

SEARCH YELLOW PAGES

Popular Searches (http://directory.washingtontimes.com/)

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2017/01/26/1_262017_ap-163438519877028201_c0-0-4810-2804_s885x516.jpg?60b78ea38fe9c5da48be88658bb93e29 79456a6e (http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/image/1_262017_ap-163438519877028201jpg/)
Hillary Clinton is estimated to have collected 81 percent of noncitizen votes, which may have helped her carry a state, a researcher says. (Associated Press) more > (http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/image/1_262017_ap-163438519877028201jpg/)

View Comments (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/hillary-clinton-received-800000-votes-from-nonciti/#disqus_thread) Print
By Rowan Scarborough (http://www.washingtontimes.com/staff/rowan-scarborough/) - The Washington Times - Thursday, January 26, 2017
Hillary Clinton (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/hillary-clinton/) garnered more than 800,000 votes from noncitizens on Nov. 8, an approximation far short of President Trump’s estimate of up to 5 million illegal voters but supportive of his charges of fraud.
Political scientist Jesse Richman (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/jesse-richman/) of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, has worked with colleagues to produce groundbreaking research on noncitizen voting, and this week he posted a blog in response to Mr. Trump’s assertion.
Based on national polling by a consortium of universities, a report by Mr. Richman (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/jesse-richman/) said 6.4 percent of the estimated 20 million adult noncitizens in the U.S. voted in November. He extrapolated that that percentage would have added 834,381 net votes for Mrs. Clinton (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/hillary-clinton/), who received about 2.8 million more votes than Mr. Trump.
Mr. Richman (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/jesse-richman/) calculated that Mrs. Clinton (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/hillary-clinton/) would have collected 81 percent of noncitizen votes.
“Is it plausible that non-citizen votes added to Clinton (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/hillary-clinton/)’s margin? Yes,” Mr. Richman (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/jesse-richman/) wrote. “Is it plausible that non-citizen votes account for the entire nation-wide popular vote margin held by Clinton (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/hillary-clinton/)? Not at all.”
Still, the finding is significant because it means noncitizens may have helped Mrs. Clinton (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/hillary-clinton/) carry a state or finish

tlongII
01-27-2017, 12:51 PM
And BOOM! goes the dynamite!

Splits
01-27-2017, 02:00 PM
lol fake news

spurraider21
01-27-2017, 02:02 PM
A professor posted his findings in a blog? Why not publish his research? His methods of data collection?

Splits
01-27-2017, 02:03 PM
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/25/just-5-clicks-internet-survey-inspired-trumps-claim-millions-voted-illegally/

Thread
01-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Trump argument bolstered: Clinton received 800,000 votes from noncitizens, study finds

That's a good start.

Let us proceed...

SnakeBoy
01-27-2017, 04:53 PM
I heard on the news a while back that 3-5 million illegals voted for Hillary. Every news channel was talking about it.

Thread
01-27-2017, 04:56 PM
Donald J. Trump
✔@realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)

Look forward to seeing final results of VoteStand. Gregg Phillips and crew say at least 3,000,000 votes were illegal. We must do better!
6:12 AM - 27 Jan 2017 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/824968416486387713)

(https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=824968416486387713)

13,24913,249 Retweets (https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=824968416486387713)

60,23760,237 likes (https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=824968416486387713)

boutons_deux
01-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Trump's voter fraud expert owes US more than $100,000 in unpaid taxes

Gregg Phillips, who spurred Trump’s calls to investigate election results, was accused of lying in government job applications and has faced ethics allegations

The conservative activist cited by Donald Trump (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/donaldtrump) as an authority on voter fraud owes the US government more than $100,000 in unpaid taxes, was once accused of lying about his qualifications, and has faced several allegations of ethical impropriety.

Gregg Phillips’s unfounded claim (https://twitter.com/jumpvote/status/797843232436748288?lang=en) that three million people vote illegally in the US was championed in a tweet by Trump on Friday morning (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/824968416486387713), as the new administration prepares to launch what he says will be a major inquiry into the integrity of American elections. The president tweeted:

Phillips, 56, became popular among Trump supporters during the 2016 presidential campaign for his strident statements on Twitter and his development of an “election fraud reporting app” that allows people to use their cellphones to report alleged wrongdoing.

He claims to have been building a database (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/01/how-a-dubious-tweet-about-illegal-votes-found-its-way-to-trumps-megaphone)of all voter registrations in the US with location details since 2009, but has declined to make his findings public.

While he has posted online about excessive government spending, Phillips owes the federal government $100,961 in unpaid income taxes with his wife, according to a lien filed by the IRS in Manatee County, Florida, in 2014. An official at the county clerk’s office said the outstanding sum had not been paid. In a text message on Friday, Phillips said: “I am in a disagreement with the IRS over income taxes. The amount owed is less than $50,000.”

Phillips also had a colorful and lesser-known career in Mississippi and Texas state politics over the past few decades, in which he was accused of exploiting positions that he held in the administrations of both states for financial gain. :lol

The former stockbroker and Republican fundraiser described those years differently in a tweet posted last November. “I’ve torn down govt in two states, eliminated 20k jobs, & saved $5 billion,” he said. “Requires enormous stones.”

While Phillips reportedly said on his job application that he majored in “finance” for his degree, records from the University of Alabama showed that in fact he majored in transportation, according to multiple press reports from the time. On Friday, Phillips said: “My degree is a bachelor of science in commerce and business administration.”

The Chronicle also found that Enterject was given a $670,270 contract for processing immigrant paperwork from the Texas Workforce Commission. The commission’s executive director, Larry Temple, had been Phillips’s deputy in Mississippi. Phillips again denied any wrongdoing.

After he left the Texas state administration, Phillips’s new company AutoGov won a no-bid contract (http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-politics/2010/03/13/Exclusive-State-privatization-champion-gets-1424) worth at least $207,000 in public funds to work on fixing the error-plagued computerized welfare system that Phillips had implemented. The Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-politics/2010/03/13/Exclusive-State-privatization-champion-gets-1424) described the problematic setup as “the state’s biggest privatization fiasco”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/27/trump-voter-fraud-gregg-phillips-unpaid-taxes?CMP=fb_gu

:lol I bet Trash's detailed work and tax history is even more "uplifting" :lol

Trash and his impeccable sources :lol

SnakeBoy
01-27-2017, 05:05 PM
Donald J. Trump

Look forward to seeing final results of VoteStand. Gregg Phillips and crew say at least 3,000,000 votes were illegal. We must do better!
6:12 AM - 27 Jan 2017 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/824968416486387713)

13,24913,249 Retweets (https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=824968416486387713)

60,23760,237 likes (https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=824968416486387713)

Yep, that's pretty much what I heard on the news a while back.

Joseph Kony
01-27-2017, 05:12 PM
anyone who voted for this chode is a dumbfuck, plain and simple. this guy is a legit retard. you all are a disgrace to the US putting such a complete dipshit at the helm and swallowing his load blindly and begging for more :lmao hillary was trash but this dude is completely fucking stupid. Trump can't even form a coherent sentence 90% of the time tbh.

"we're gonna recieve payment in a form, some kind of form, it may be a complicated form but it will be a form of some kind" wtf?

tlongII
01-27-2017, 05:22 PM
Trump is a lot smarter than you give him credit for.

boutons_deux
01-27-2017, 05:24 PM
Trump is a lot smarter than you give him credit for.

He can start displaying his smartness at any time, will be a long wait.

He's so smart the Repugs will use him as just another Repug Useful Idiot, then convict him ASAP.

Joseph Kony
01-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Trump is a lot smarter than you give him credit for.just like the guests are always better than everyone gives them credit for? stfu man tits :lol

Reck
01-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Trump himself knows that 3-5 million illegals didn't vote in the election.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/25/just-5-clicks-internet-survey-inspired-trumps-claim-millions-voted-illegally/

That's a good start.

Let us proceed...

Donald J. Trump

TheSanityAnnex Come and tell us how Trump doesn't believe 800k or 3 million illegals didn't vote, you dumb motherfucker. :lmao

TheSanityAnnex
01-27-2017, 08:21 PM
TheSanityAnnex (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=4389) Come and tell us how Trump doesn't believe 800k or 3 million illegals didn't vote, you dumb motherfucker. :lmao
I specifically said Trump knows that 3-5 million illegals didn't vote in the election. This reminds me of the time you didn't know the difference between "on Clinton" and "from Clinton", you dumb motherfucker.

Wild Cobra
01-28-2017, 09:00 AM
How many people have seen this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLLt-a6dI_0

At 2:58 in the video:

OBAMA: If you want to vote, and you show up at your poling place, they can't stop you from voting.

At 3:22 in the video:

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

LOL... "when you vote, you are a citizen yourself"

So illegal immigrants are citizens if they vote?

This entire exchange does nothing but tell the illegals they can vote.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-28-2017, 09:28 AM

That's a good start.

Let us proceed...

You understand that is not an academic study right? The author won't share his data.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-28-2017, 09:34 AM
This is from Trump's own lawyers:

We also note that Trump’s lawyers in December opposed the recount efforts of Green Party candidate Jill Stein on the grounds that there was no voter fraud. “All available evidence suggests that the 2016 general election was not tainted by fraud or mistake,” Trump’s lawyers wrote in filing an official protest with Michigan’s Board of State Canvassers on Dec. 1, 2016We also note that Trump’s lawyers in December opposed the recount efforts of Green Party candidate Jill Stein on the grounds that there was no voter fraud. “All available evidence suggests that the 2016 general election was not tainted by fraud or mistake,” Trump’s lawyers wrote in filing an official protest with Michigan’s Board of State Canvassers on Dec. 1, 2016

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/01/trumps-bogus-voter-fraud-claims-revisited/

If you are fine with Trump's deceit then fine but sticking your head in the sand is pathetic.

Winehole23
01-28-2017, 12:00 PM
priming the pump for more voter suppression. the electoral wedge is gravy.

Spurminator
01-28-2017, 12:02 PM
It's the only way they can keep winning.

Winehole23
01-28-2017, 12:04 PM
I disagree. HRC lost not because of vote suppression, but because traditional Democratic Party constituencies were too discouraged to vote, or voted for the other guy.

Winehole23
01-28-2017, 12:07 PM
there might be more than one way to keep turnout low. continual umbrage taking and unceasingly shrill denunciation of both sides by both sides is one of them.

Spurminator
01-28-2017, 12:07 PM
I disagree. HRC lost not because of vote suppression, but because traditional Democratic Party constituencies were too discouraged to vote, or voted for the other guy.

My point is those constituencies won't make that mistake again.

Winehole23
01-28-2017, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't be too sure of that. The Democrats have to at least pretend to be for something, without unduly frightening their corporate overlords.

Spurminator
01-28-2017, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't be too sure of that. The Democrats have to at least pretend to be for something, without unduly frightening their corporate overlords.

I would normally agree that it's bad political strategy for your entire message to be "we're not [opponent]" but this is an unprecedented [opponent].

boutons_deux
01-28-2017, 12:17 PM

Will Dems take over from BigFinance's tools of the New Democrats and Third Way people? eg, Brazile and similar ilk must be sidelined, which includes the entire Bill/Hillary machine.

Thread
01-28-2017, 12:26 PM
You understand that is not an academic study right? The author won't share his data.

Oh, I get it, when science favors you it's etched in the scrolls. When science doesn't favor you, it's total shit.

boutons_deux
01-28-2017, 12:40 PM
It's the only way they can keep winning.

Repugs control governor and both chambers in 25 or more states.

And no doubt, like Jimmy Ricky did in TX, firing, sidelining career professionals, replaced with Repug apparatchiks.

Reck
01-28-2017, 04:08 PM
I specifically said Trump knows that 3-5 million illegals didn't vote in the election. This reminds me of the time you didn't know the difference between "on Clinton" and "from Clinton", you dumb motherfucker.

Nice spin attempt, dude. Own it.

You clearly said Trump doesn't think 3 or whatever million illegals didn't vote. That is not what he believes.

Are you his secretary? I mean, you're speaking for him and he is still going against what you're saying so..

Reck
01-28-2017, 04:12 PM
My point is those constituencies won't make that mistake again.

They took a big risk though. Punishing a shitty human being by putting an even shittier human being that doesn't hide the fact he's a shitty human being is pretty extreme.

Let's hope this choice is not a costly one.

Winehole23
01-28-2017, 04:21 PM
I would normally agree that it's bad political strategy for your entire message to be "we're not [opponent]" but this is an unprecedented [opponent].If Trump lasts that long. GOP Congress-critters have nothing to fear but being primaried in the midterm elections. They'll likely refrain from pissing off Trumpistas beforehand.

After 2018, anybody's guess. Trump isn't particularly well-liked/respected by his nominal party. More importantly, he doesn't particularly like or respect the GOP.

spurraider21
01-28-2017, 04:30 PM
How many people have seen this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLLt-a6dI_0

At 2:58 in the video:

OBAMA: If you want to vote, and you show up at your poling place, they can't stop you from voting.

At 3:22 in the video:

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

LOL... "when you vote, you are a citizen yourself"

So illegal immigrants are citizens if they vote?

This entire exchange does nothing but tell the illegals they can vote.you dimwit. he's operating under the assumption that only a citizen can vote. this is why he clarifies at the 4 minute mark "if you have a family member who is undocumented..."

01-28-2017, 04:35 PM
I'm all for people being required to have ID to vote but :lol @ thinking 3-5 mil illegals step foot near a voters booth with the risk of being deported. We can't even get natural born citizens to vote but 3-5 million illegals were out there? :lmao

Thread
01-28-2017, 04:42 PM
If Trump lasts that long. GOP Congress-critters have nothing to fear but being primaried in the midterm elections. They'll likely refrain from pissing off Trumpistas beforehand.

After 2018, anybody's guess. Trump isn't particularly well-liked/respected by his nominal party. More importantly, he doesn't particularly like or respect the GOP.

Precisely. They'd no sooner let him in the front door as a Dem would. & they're waiting for an opportunity where they can cut his throat. That fuck up the street McCain especially wants a piece of that Trump ass. Why would this be? Because there was a proper line formed and conformed. Clinton-Obama-Clinton-Bush. What'd Trump do? Cut in line. The aforementioned Clinton/Bush formation are nothing more than bag men for the boy's downtown. They don't give one good shit about Americans.

All the truths are being loosed to American air: $60 billion trade deficit to Mexico. Sure, it was whispered softly, albeit to the fake news bent, but, not like Trump said it aloud yesterday.

This Mexico City Law about abortions performed for foreigners and American paying for it. Can you imagine it? CNN/MSNBC, even Fox won't say it out loud. It took Trump to put it in a gd Executive Order.

Now this Executive Action to ban Iraq. Well, for heavens sakes Obama had the same ban for six months and it was met with nary a peep. Today? Wild in the streets over it.

What a crock of a shit.

Winehole23
01-28-2017, 05:07 PM
The immigration freeze is a crock of shit and it has already made Americans less safe -- from each other.

boutons_deux
01-28-2017, 06:12 PM
The immigration freeze is a crock of shit and it has already made Americans less safe -- from each other.

mosque was burned down Fri night in TX, as usual Trash supporters will say the Muslims did it

baseline bum
01-28-2017, 06:45 PM
I'm all for people being required to have ID to vote but :lol @ thinking 3-5 mil illegals step foot near a voters booth with the risk of being deported. We can't even get natural born citizens to vote but 3-5 million illegals were out there? :lmao

Why do we need ID then if illegals are scared to vote?

boutons_deux
02-05-2017, 10:28 AM
PVL Trash this weekend claimed AGAIN that therr were Ms of illegal voters (against him, not for him)

His supporters believe him, of course.

Thread
02-05-2017, 10:31 AM
PVL Trash this weekend claimed AGAIN thatther were Ms of illegal voters (against him, not for him)

His supporters believe him, of course.

& why not, BEFORE Trump whooped the dogshit out of Hillary you'd play cat & mouse with the claim, intimating that illegals had the right to vote, Hussein Obama stated exactly that. Only after Trump called ass did the other side straighten up and fly straight.

Winehole23
01-25-2019, 08:07 PM
Same old bullshit, Texas doesn't know who got naturalized and who actually voted. The 95,000 names cover a period of 22 years.

Winehole23
01-25-2019, 08:09 PM
More tendentious garbage to provide a pretext for voter auppression.