PDA

View Full Version : Forum's thoughts on Dak Prescott

Mark Celibate
01-26-2017, 09:11 AM
So I've been gone for a few years here and I consider you fellows to be the most knowledgable, non-PC football fans out there. Talking about mono, DoK, DD, spur raider, Ghazi (is he still alive?), benefactor, etc the rest of you can fuck off, you know who you are

What do you guys think of Prescott? I don't watch as much football anymore but I think he's the real deal. Progression through reads, accuracy, footwork, poise, etc. I think he has everything you need. But I'm also aware that he's of a certain skin pigment that historically does not farewell at this particular position. I know he's captain check down/bus driver when the running game is going, but when playing from behind, he's shown time and time again he can put the team on his back when needed. I don't think he's the same player as RG3 or Kaepernick and he's already a better passer than Chatterjee in Seattle. whottt do you guys think? the real deal? or another black QB who will flame out?

on a somewhat different topic, somebody needs to gag Jones with the chloroform rag (are Giuseppe/luva still around, chuckbox etc) and make him cellmates with Aaron Hernandez already tbh

SpursforSix
01-26-2017, 09:54 AM
I don't think he's the next Tom Brady but I think he's perfect for the Cowboys and what they have around him. He has a ton of confidence and for the most part, doesn't take unwarranted risks. He seems to have a good grasp of the NFL game as a rookie. He's pretty accurate. He knows when to dump off, when to throw out of bounds, and when to run. From everything I've seen or read, he's a natural leader.

Even if he was a #1 pick, he's a 10/10. It helps that he's got a great Oline and a great RB. It's a perfect situation for a rookie QB and he's taken full advantage of it.

Avante
01-26-2017, 12:20 PM
Prescott like Russell Wilson, Mariota, Winston is where the NFL QB position is heading. A legit athlete in command.

He puts that...run or pass...in the minds of defensive cordinators which changes everything.

The guy is the total package, he can do it and will only get better and better and better, his career could be right there with Staubach/Aikman/Romo. Key word there is...could....because ya obviously have to take a wait and see approach with all young athletes. But.....as of right now he looks great.

JoeTait75
01-26-2017, 12:25 PM
He's the real deal. You can talk about Zeke and the offensive line and obviously those factors have something to do with Dak's success. At the same time, though, those factors wouldn't matter very much if the likes of Brandon Weeden or Matt Cassel were behind center. Quarterback is not a plug-and-play position. Regardless of what is around him the quarterback still has to be good enough to execute and get the ball where it needs to be.

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 12:33 PM
Looks good. Good arm, pretty accurate, is mobile yet not overreliant on his feet.

Don't see any reason why he won't be a good long term qb. He's in a fairly favorable spot to succeed, sure, but he still came in and handled the offense well. Very similar to when Wilson took over for the seahawks. He wasn't asked to carry the offense right away, but you could tell he's a good qb.

But I wouldn't rush him into a very high volume role.

Will Hunting
01-26-2017, 12:37 PM
Imo he's good enough to be the long term solution but that requires a better defense. I don't see him ever being a QB who's able to win consistently win shootouts against Rogers/Ryan/Brady etc. but he's definitely capable of doing enough with the right supporting cast.

Avante
01-26-2017, 12:55 PM
What I hope doesn't happen is we start seeing the kid selling everything and getting caught up on being a celeb.

Mark Celibate
01-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Imo he's good enough to be the long term solution but that requires a better defense. I don't see him ever being a QB who's able to win consistently win shootouts against Rogers/Ryan/Brady etc. but he's definitely capable of doing enough with the right supporting cast.

that's what I'm thinking too.

tbh my main concern is the fact that he'll be hanging around those knuckleheads Dez and Elliott all the time, especially Elliott since they're both rookies and probably going to be BFFs.

Not trying to be racist and I say in the most respectful manner possible, but Ezekiel Elliott looks like a farmhand from a cotton field. The more Dak hangs out with that guy, I imagine the more he'll lose focus and/or get into trouble. September Dak was great. Saying this was Romo's team, turning down Kanye tickets to go to grandma's etc but I know that later in the season they were caught ooga boogaing together at da club before they lost to the Giants. Not exactly what I would picture franchise quarterbacks doing during the season.

in my opinion

Avante
01-26-2017, 01:05 PM

tbh my main concern is the fact that he'll be hanging around those knuckleheads Dez and Elliott all the time, especially Elliott since they're both rookies and probably going to be BFFs.

Not trying to be racist and I say in the most respectful manner possible, but Ezekiel Elliott looks like a farmhand from a cotton field. The more Dak hangs out with that guy, I imagine the more he'll lose focus and/or get into trouble. September Dak was great. Saying this was Romo's team, turning down Kanye tickets to go to grandma's etc but I know that later in the season they were caught ooga boogaing together at da club before they lost to the Giants. Not exactly what I would picture franchise quarterbacks doing during the season.

in my opinion

You have any idea how many great footballers came from rural regions?

Mark Celibate
01-26-2017, 01:07 PM
Prescott like Russell Wilson, Mariota, Winston is where the NFL QB position is heading. A legit athlete in command.

He puts that...run or pass...in the minds of defensive cordinators which changes everything.

The guy is the total package, he can do it and will only get better and better and better, his career could be right there with Staubach/Aikman/Romo. Key word there is...could....because ya obviously have to take a wait and see approach with all young athletes. But.....as of right now he looks great.

A few years ago it was Wilson, Griffin, and Kaepernick

tee, hee

Fabbs
01-26-2017, 01:18 PM
Agree with a fair amount of Cowgirl Nation that a SuperBowl will never be won with Jason Garret as HC.

Should have allowed him to run a little bit more vs Green Bay.
b. Defense major letdown, esp on that final failure to guard the sidelines.

Avante
01-26-2017, 01:19 PM
A few years ago it was Wilson, Griffin, and Kaepernick

tee, hee

We have three SB's there and a rookie of the year.

DeadlyDynasty
01-26-2017, 01:39 PM
The best way to predict whether your QB is gonna be a stud or not is how they handle 3rd and long situations, imo. Only a handful of QB's/OC's will routinely be aggressive in those 3rd and 10+ situations, and most will run a draw, throw a screen, or do a jungle read themselves. Dak doesn't have the deer-in-the-lights look on long 3D's, and Linehan repeatedly trusts him to convert in those situations.

In preseason I said he would be a one-hit wonder and another gamefilm casualty, but I'm probably gonna eat crow on that tbh

DJR210
01-26-2017, 01:40 PM
I liked the fact that Dak understands when a play is going nowhere, and will look to run or throw it away. Looking forward to seeing the training wheels come off next season so he can start tossing it farther than 8 yards..

The one glaring flaw Dak has IMO is leading his receivers into danger.. Jason Witten and his shifts and pauses combined w/ his size is about the only guy on the receiving corp that can be targeted no matter who has a head of steam

Will Hunting
01-26-2017, 01:40 PM
We have three SB's there and a rookie of the year.
There's three Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win.....doesn't dismiss his point that of those three mobile QBs you used to claim were the future of the NFL, 2 of them ended up being flash in the pans who flamed out once every other team had 1-2 seasons of film on them and their read option plays that were supposedly taking over the NFL in 2012.

Mobile QBs simply don't have the longevity or staying power that convential pocket passers have. It's also a major stretch to classify Winston as a mobile scrambler QB. He had 165 rush yards last season so 10 a game.

DeadlyDynasty
01-26-2017, 01:45 PM

in my opinion
:lmao

Avante
01-26-2017, 01:55 PM
There's three Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win.....doesn't dismiss his point that of those three mobile QBs you used to claim were the future of the NFL, 2 of them ended up being flash in the pans who flamed out once every other team had 1-2 seasons of film on them and their read option plays that were supposedly taking over the NFL in 2012.

Mobile QBs simply don't have the longevity or staying power that convential pocket passers have. It's also a major stretch to classify Winston as a mobile scrambler QB. He had 165 rush yards last season so 10 a game.

Fran Tarkenton played for 18 seasons, Steve Young 13, Cunningham 14, Moon 17, Vick 13.

Where ya got this...mobile QB's have no longevity...huh???

I;m not talking about runners first, ok? I;m talking about a QB who can motor for 20 if need be, his ability to extend a play, evade the pass rush. When a QB can run if he must that changes everything. Prescott can run and that opposing DC knows this.

Compare what Winston does to a Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers.

DeadlyDynasty
01-26-2017, 02:06 PM
According to PFR Winston didn't have a 20+ yard run this year, and only eclipsed 20 total rushing yards in 1 game (22yds).

Avante
01-26-2017, 02:11 PM
According to PFR Winston didn't have a 20+ yard run this year, and only eclipsed 20 total rushing yards in 1 game (22yds).

And at FSU he had 145 rushes in two seasons. He can run if need be, which is all I'm saying.

Can Eli, Brees, Brady, Dalton, Big Ben, Palmer, Carr, etc etc...do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds69Ds4cWB8

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 02:15 PM
:lol college

Avante
01-26-2017, 02:24 PM
:lol college

Why do they have the combine, well? Why run a 40?

Come on guy, sheesh~~~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz_MyH1IVZc

Avante
01-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Coachs see the problems they have defending a QB who can extend plays, evade the rush and run to move the chains. They want one of those themselves, so what happens? Yep, Jerry Jones got him one.

Deion Sanders can't cover a HS receiver for very long, so if a QB can extend the play...........................

SpursforSix
01-26-2017, 02:50 PM

in my opinion

The other side of that is that by hanging around Dak, Zeke might mature some. From what I've seen, Dak is pretty grounded and has a good work ethic. If he was a fuck up, he probably would have shown some of that in college.

chunticakes
01-26-2017, 03:05 PM
As a biased Cowboys fan I can say he's currently a glorified game manager...which isn't a bad thing, tbh. Dak is what's going to force us to go out and build a championship quality team and stop being so QB dependent like we were with Romo.

Prescott has been blessed with the best case scenario for a rookie QB with that line and plethora of skill players. I like that he lets the game come to him. He makes all the safe throws and typically doesn't force anything...that's why he threw so few interceptions. However at the same time, he did leave a lot of points on the field.

I see Dak a lot like Struggle Wilson when he came into the league. Both came in and inherited a stacked team and managed pretty well. That being said, Dak should get much, much better. Hell, he had the greatest statistical season for a rookie QB ever by playing bus driver. Imagine when he gets his mechanics down and truly gets a grasp of the offense and opposing defenses.

Of course he does have half the gene's of a monkey so he can regress at any given time. I remain cautiously optimistic, tbh..

benefactor
01-26-2017, 06:51 PM
Don't listen to that dumb cuck faggot Avante, BUMP...takes have been shit for years.

I agree with the general sentiment about Dak. Probably winds up a better version of Russell Wilson. He won't be elite but he'll be steady and has the mind to run an offense unlike the typical nigball QB we have seen over the past five or six seasons. Seems to have enough white blood in him to play the position at a high enough level to lead the team since he has the necessary weapons on his side of the ball to succeed. I also feel he's white washed enough to not give in to the culture. If Dallas does what they need to do with the defense he should be fine.

Clipper Nation
01-26-2017, 08:12 PM
Exactly. Old Faggot clearly hasn't watched Jameis play. Ironically, he's a lot more reminiscent of Big Ben and Rivers than the BQBs that Crickets sucks off on a daily basis.

Avante
01-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Exactly. Old Faggot clearly hasn't watched Jameis play. Ironically, he's a lot more reminiscent of Big Ben and Rivers than the BQBs that Crickets sucks off on a daily basis.

Dude, you ever heard of GOOGLE?

In his two seasons Winston has 107 rushes. That is 53.5 rushes a season, ok ya with me slick?

Big Ben in his 13 year career has 410 rushes, that is 31 rushes a season. Rivers also has 13 seasons and 317 rushes, hahahaha~~~~

At the rate Winston is going after he has 13 seasons he will have....685...rushes. FAR...more than Big Ben/Rivers.

Hey stupid, tell us all again about how Tom Savage is better than Tony Romo, ok?

Dude....DO YOUR HOMEWORK...ok?

Avante
01-27-2017, 11:57 AM
Don't listen to that dumb cuck faggot Avante, BUMP...takes have been shit for years.

I agree with the general sentiment about Dak. Probably winds up a better version of Russell Wilson. He won't be elite but he'll be steady and has the mind to run an offense unlike the typical nigball QB we have seen over the past five or six seasons. Seems to have enough white blood in him to play the position at a high enough level to lead the team since he has the necessary weapons on his side of the ball to succeed. I also feel he's white washed enough to not give in to the culture. If Dallas does what they need to do with the defense he should be fine.

Nobody should be this stupid.

Russell Wilson is already an elite QB...OBVIOUSLY~~~~ His peers ranked him the 17th best player in the NFL last season, and he was number one in the NFL with a 110.1 QB rating. And since he arrived in the NFL the winningest first five seasons in NFL history. Histories only 4000/30/50 QB. Only QB in NFL history to start a career with two 100 QB ratings.

Can Prescott rival Wilson, it's possible, only time will tell and yes like Wilson he could be among the elite.

Robz4000
01-27-2017, 12:07 PM

Basically this.

Clipper Nation
01-27-2017, 12:32 PM
Dude, you ever heard of GOOGLE?

In his two seasons Winston has 107 rushes. That is 53.5 rushes a season, ok ya with me slick?

Big Ben in his 13 year career has 410 rushes, that is 31 rushes a season. Rivers also has 13 seasons and 317 rushes, hahahaha~~~~

At the rate Winston is going after he has 13 seasons he will have....685...rushes. FAR...more than Big Ben/Rivers.

Hey stupid, tell us all again about how Tom Savage is better than Tony Romo, ok?

Dude....DO YOUR HOMEWORK...ok?
You should try doing your homework first.

Jameis' physical attributes are very close to Big Ben's. He's 6'4", 231; Ben is 6'5", 240. Jameis had a faster 40 time going into the draft while Ben had a slightly higher vertical. Their 20-ss times were basically identical. In college, their per-season average completion percentages were both around 66%, and they both threw for well over 3,000 yards and ~30 TDs (Jameis a little more, Ben a little less) per season. In the pros, they are both elusive pocket passers who love to throw it deep (Jameis was third in air yards per attempt this season behind only Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins). As for Rivers, it's admittedly a more superficial comparison. Jameis, like Rivers, is a fiery leader who succeeds despite having an unconventional throwing motion.

Who gives a shit that he's rushing more? I said that he was closer to Big Ben and Rivers than other BQBs, not that he was exactly the same as them in every aspect. He's still a great passer first and foremost. He's the first player in NFL history to throw for 4,000+ yards in each of his first two seasons, he has the second most passing yards by a quarterback in their first two seasons and the fifth most TDs. This is despite only having one receiver (Evans) that scares any opposing defenses. He's not a game-managing scrub with wheels like Struggle Wilson and Dak Prescott, nor is he a glorified fullback or halfback playing quarterback like Scam Newton and Tyrod Taylor.

Avante
01-27-2017, 01:01 PM
You should try doing your homework first.

Jameis' physical attributes are very close to Big Ben's. He's 6'4", 231; Ben is 6'5", 240. Jameis had a faster 40 time going into the draft while Ben had a slightly higher vertical. Their 20-ss times were basically identical. In college, their per-season average completion percentages were both around 66%, and they both threw for well over 3,000 yards and ~30 TDs (Jameis a little more, Ben a little less) per season. In the pros, they are both elusive pocket passers who love to throw it deep (Jameis was third in air yards per attempt this season behind only Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins). As for Rivers, it's admittedly a more superficial comparison. Jameis, like Rivers, is a fiery leader who succeeds despite having an unconventional throwing motion.

Who gives a shit that he's rushing more? I said that he was closer to Big Ben and Rivers than other BQBs, not that he was exactly the same as them in every aspect. He's still a great passer first and foremost. He's the first player in NFL history to throw for 4,000+ yards in each of his first two seasons, he has the second most passing yards by a quarterback in their first two seasons and the fifth most TDs. This is despite only having one receiver (Evans) that scares any opposing defenses. He's not a game-managing scrub with wheels like Struggle Wilson and Dak Prescott, nor is he a glorified fullback or halfback playing quarterback like Scam Newton and Tyrod Taylor.

Any QB rushing over 50 times a season is playing a different game than Big Ben/Rivers, you really don't get that?

unleashbaynes
01-27-2017, 01:07 PM

in my opinion

:lmao

Mark Celibate
01-27-2017, 01:22 PM
dang it, I should've known Savant was going to gay up my thread per par etc

Avante
01-27-2017, 01:26 PM
dang it, I should've known Savant was going to gay up my thread per par etc

I;m the one trying to talk football.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-28-2017, 12:13 AM
Poor decision maker tbh